Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 9, 2017 12:12 AM

Mar 2008
NiallHoran said:
raifuresu said:
Kinda weird to hear the characters speaking in japanese and calling each other by japanese names after getting used to the original chinese version.

Well, it's pretty much the same so far. I wonder if they're gonna make any major change in the next episodes.

Sorry, random question, but who's the character on your icon? He looks familiar :)

I expected more from this show but it wasn't bad either. I'm going to follow it because I like the guy with the white hair haha

The icon's Setsuna Mudo, main char from Angel Sanctuary.
Jan 9, 2017 4:17 AM
Apr 2016
crazyxit said:
MadokaAkimoto said:

I totally agree with you. I preferred the Chinese voices over the Japanese.

Right :) Somehow Ki sounds like an older seme and reminds me of Usagi or Takano, but come on he's not that old (or maybe that's just me)

Agree tho. Ki (or Xi as I'm more used to the Chinese version) sound too old in Japanese, he's only 17 in manhua and 18 in anime. Also the super deep seme voice doesn't fit him, he's not really the "seme" if you read the manhua.
Jan 9, 2017 5:31 AM

Jan 2016
Okay-ish episode. Nothing's really original, but I can't wait to see the interactions between the two protagonists.
Jan 9, 2017 6:19 AM

Nov 2013
It was so difficult to watch... The humour is really bad jfc but I'll stick with it for a bit (because I'm a masochist).

My momma, your momma, gonna catch a witch,
My momma, your momma, flying on a switch,
My momma, your momma, witches never cry,
My momma, your momma, witches gonna die!

AWC 2017 | Anime list | Manga list
Jan 9, 2017 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
I'll describe this anime with two words: God Awful.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 9, 2017 9:39 AM

Nov 2014
Nanakoblaze said:
crazyxit said:

Right :) Somehow Ki sounds like an older seme and reminds me of Usagi or Takano, but come on he's not that old (or maybe that's just me)

Agree tho. Ki (or Xi as I'm more used to the Chinese version) sound too old in Japanese, he's only 17 in manhua and 18 in anime. Also the super deep seme voice doesn't fit him, he's not really the "seme" if you read the manhua.

Yep, I totally agree with you :) That's why I don't do dubs - stuff gets lost in translation ...
Jan 9, 2017 10:31 AM

Apr 2016
This shit reminds me so much of that damn terrible show called Bloodivores from last season. I'm definitely not wasting my time watching this trash. There is no hope of this show actually going in any other direction than south. not trying to be negative but its the truth.
Jan 9, 2017 12:37 PM

Mar 2016
KusattaTamago said:

The icon's Setsuna Mudo, main char from Angel Sanctuary.

Ahh thank you! ^_^
Jan 10, 2017 8:48 AM

Oct 2011
Why is it considered as a different anime? It's just a Japanese dub of Ling Qi. I thought they'd re-animate the series at least a little. They didn't even change the OP.

Also Duanmu Xi's is way too low imo.
Jan 10, 2017 9:15 AM
May 2013
I'm not sure what to think after seeing this first episode. I'll stick around to see where it goes. But I'm kind of puzzled.
I think it might have the potential but I'm not sure if it's going to be exploited.

Definitely I know the MC gets on my nerves when it goes on hyperactive mode ><
Jan 10, 2017 2:39 PM

Oct 2013
Basically Soul Contract with Japanese dub and 2 episodes in one?
Good enough.

I don't know Chinese so watching the original version was kinda distracting, I prefer Japanese voices (I don't know Japanese either, but when you watch 1-2 episodes of anime every single evening since 3 years you get used to it).
I don't think the voices used fit the characters (one is too high, the other too low) but it's less annoying than listening to Chinese babbling.

I'm planning to watch it again. I agree the main character is annoying, especially at first but overall the anime is fun to watch.

I was like: "Nice! They uploaded another episode of Soul Contract. Let's watch right away!" whenever I seen one on the list - which doesn't happen with every anime I watch. Usually I am like "This one today?... Alright, let's download it for later and see what else I have to watch right now".

So it's on the better side.

Although I still wouldn't call it one of my favorites(which would be: "Today they are going to upload XYZ. Is it there already? Why isn't it? Why are they late? Is it on any other website. Yay! Found one! Poor subs but whatever. <watches> That's it? More! More! More! Let's read manga cause I can't wait till next week. ", LOL).

BTW. I really love this anime opening song. Even though it's Chinese.
Jan 11, 2017 6:56 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Hmmm, not sure about this. May as well watch the next episode or two.

It seemed very cliched and rushed, things not explained or situations too convinient to be true, etc. rushed !!!

Jan 11, 2017 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
Voice acting of the main character is kinda childish, hope its intentional.
Other than that, not a lot of information besides him being dead.
Jan 11, 2017 5:44 PM

Apr 2008
Yikes. The pacing is awful in this episode; it almost literally feels like it's been sped up. None of the conversations feel natural at all; no natural pauses. Speaking of dialog, the narrative relies on it exclusively to tell the story. The characters are talking almost constantly. The animation is poor, the art is whatever, the voice acting feels awkward, the characters are boring.

I liked the opening song, though!

Jan 12, 2017 2:38 AM
Sep 2013
tbh the pacing seems to be even worse because the original episodes are only 12min long and they simply just broadcast 2 episodes afterwards instead of 1ep of 24min and it's very noticable. after all a 12min episode has to be "faster and more compact" than 24min episodes.

jap voices don't really fit the characters imo, script translation however is okay just thought that some jokes aren't delivered well but could be a translation problem.

when it comes to animation, i think it's okay since it's from china and a young studio which still have to catch up but they do get better, so probs for that. and the original is still an ONA so i don't expect a top notch tv animation anyway.

and i still see no reason for a seperate MAL site for a jap dub show that already has another MAL site for the original.
IndieTraufeJan 12, 2017 3:25 AM
Jan 12, 2017 12:47 PM

Nov 2010
OOOH. The theme song is in Chinese. I don't know anything about this anime.
oh. Oh, he's a fortune teller. HAHAHA. He's savage. Everybody wants to be told their fortune. OMG. The guy in the vehicle is definitely hot. This guy has another job as a computer repairman. OH, there's a battle going on. Youmeishi? DANG. He's up front and center with magic. OMG. He's so hot. omggg. You Keika?
Tanmoku. He's an exorcist. Wow.
HAHAHAH. He gets ran over and is now a spirit. This comedy. HAHAH. omg. He's so happy to be on TV, at least. He's a simple guy.
The Korean actor stays to talk to Keika after he dies because he wants for him to become his spirit shadow. OOOOH. He's gonna fight. HAHHAHA. He falls out. That booty shake. omggg. pls be yaoi >HAHAHA.
omggg. that wall is getting some action. He wants to be reincarnated so he stays near the maternity ward. HAHA. Well, the garbage spirit comes back and takes Keika hostage. Already meeting and getting into trouble. HAHA. He runs away---OMG. MARRIAGE PROPOSAL. HE PUT ON THE RING. BOOM. They win. Then just is like, "LOL KBYE. YOU DED"
whoah. the little girl was a murderer in her past life. danggg
whelp. Time for a new mission. Keika is going to be stuck with Ki for a while. There are more characters to meet in the upcoming episodes. Can't wait. it seems interesting for now---OHHH. THE BLACK HAIRED BANDIT TYPE OF BOY.
Jan 12, 2017 5:42 PM

Jan 2015
I'm getting really tired of these Chinese cartoons.
Jan 13, 2017 2:30 AM

Jul 2012
This show has potential, now for them to harness it.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jan 13, 2017 12:15 PM
Aug 2014
Weird. It was weird. My first Chinese-esque anime so I wasn't sure how to go into it but the production was weird…felt "cheap". Nevermind the va's, haoliners should've just handed the whole thing over for reproduction. The pacing was weird, characters didn't hook me yet either or much of what plot was revealed…bgm weird. I feel like at this point I should go with the manhua instead, but the comedy is good and I like dat voice of the guy who sings the op…gotta go look 'im up
Jan 13, 2017 2:08 PM
Jan 2017
hmm another chinese manhua
Jan 13, 2017 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
First thought after hearing Xi's (now Ki) new voice actor ... HOLY HELL THATS DEEP.
Jinghua's VA or Keika in this case is kind of similar.

The voice acting is good and the humour is delivered a bit better in this dub but still feels kinda "childish".

Shame it's just a redub btw so I dont understand why it's got a new entry, maybe to pull new people into the story.
Jan 17, 2017 6:53 PM

Oct 2008
i felt sleepy watching this Chinese made show just like blodivor...
3/5.

Jan 19, 2017 8:50 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Well at least I can say the main character isn't like your usual main character.;;
This reminds me of something from like 2005 or something from it's humor, it's animation, it's art style-- nearly everything.
Something about this seems like a straight up parody... I'm down to see how this shounen ai goes though. :U

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 25, 2017 4:16 AM

Jul 2011
The Chinese opening took me by surprise lol.
Jan 27, 2017 12:13 AM

Oct 2012
Why is this japanese version labeled as shounen-ai and the chinese verson isn't? Aren't they the same?
Jan 29, 2020 9:12 AM

Jul 2012
god this is why i hate chinese anime....... the erratic pacing and random comedic faces... so terrible.

don't come for me, i'm chinese but i just can't watch chinese anime because of trash like this
Mar 25, 2020 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
He got over his death very fast lol
It's not really great in my books, but I'll see where it is going. Heard it becomes decent in the end of the first or in the second season.

There exists a japanese dub? Please no, I wanna watch it original.
removed-userMar 25, 2020 3:52 PM
Aug 27, 2022 12:56 AM

Mar 2009
It was okay, got me interested in watching it.

Dec 18, 2022 3:38 AM

Jun 2015
I seemed of watch two eps of this, have no recollection and cant watch anymore
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ling Qi Episode 4 Discussion

Stardew - Sep 10, 2016

9 by Celestriarts »»
Feb 6, 3:30 PM

» Where is Spiritpact?

Wrath - Jan 29, 2017

34 by animesamsur »»
Jan 14, 11:05 PM

» Save yourself the trouble. (spoilers about seasons)

Konani - Dec 16, 2021

11 by quercifolia »»
Aug 26, 2023 4:21 PM

Poll: » When will MAL fix episode count?

jocelynkara93 - Feb 27, 2023

2 by jocelynkara93 »»
Feb 27, 2023 2:38 AM

Poll: » Ling Qi Episode 20 Discussion

lihle808 - Dec 8, 2016

16 by bushman66 »»
Jan 31, 2022 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.