Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Aug 13, 2014 8:51 PM
Jan 2014
So after the credits, where it shows all of those scenes in the movie, what are those characters in Japanese saying???

Has probably already been answered, but I really don't feel like going through all the pages in the discussion to look for it... :D
Aug 14, 2014 11:40 PM
Jan 2014
Forgetfulness said:
peachhead96 said:
So after the credits, where it shows all of those scenes in the movie, what are those characters in Japanese saying???

Has probably already been answered, but I really don't feel like going through all the pages in the discussion to look for it... :D
"There is no need to speak of it
The young man remained, and he left
All that remained in his memory was the crossing of blades
It is a long road ahead. Guided by distant echoes,
the young man heads for the wastelands"

Ah hell Yeah! Thanks!
Aug 28, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2013
Well, I must say that now I understand why VN watcher didn't liked it. From a new viewer perspective, it was surely nicely animated (well not always, but I'll come back on that) and the action was great. But the movie really doesn't give justice to the greatness that is UBW route.

Well, where to start? I think it would be great to state the good points. The animation was in overall great. The action scene were nicely animated and intense. Also, they used Emiya theme! Which is such a nice fitting song for the fight between Shirou and Archer. Another point that I liked is that they used the ''true end'' which was in my opinion the most meaningful for Shirou, Rin and even Saber. Saber was freed from her burden by destroying the Holy Grail, Rin and Shirou can now devellop their relationship into something better. Well, that's the feeling I got from the VN, not from the movie though...

Now... There was a lot of things that bothered me so much. First, Rin. HOW COULD THEY BUTCHER HER CHARACTER SO MUCH?!? Where is my best girl tsundere I felt in love in the VN? She had zero devellopment in the movie. People that didn't played the VN must have been confused has fuck as to why she grew so attached to Shirou, why she stayed at Emiya household when she just said that they were now enemy (don't worry people, that part is totally different in the VN, as the majority of the movie). She was so boring in this movie, it felt she had no soul. That funny relationship she had with Shirou and how he felt so unconfortable around her was inexistant. Same goes for Archer. Where is my sarcastic and gritty Archer? We didn't saw an ounce of his relationship with Rin which was fun and touching at the same time.

Emiya Shirou... I can understand why people hate him. As a VN player, I can say he is way more enjoyable in the VN. In this movie, he looked like cannon fodder. I mean, that's the case in the VN too, but in the VN, you can see all the pain he suffer, that just summoning those swords is damn painful. In the movie, he looked like a damn robot, taking hit like it was nothing.

One thing that saddened me is that the humour was almost inexistant. The VN had such a good balance that wasn't destroying the rythme, that was in fact often well timed and that lightened the story of Fate. I'm not talking about turning it in a comedy, but just like in real life, humans feel the need to laugh and to have fun.

That first 30 minutes... Can you rush something more than this? Seriously, I've never seen anything that rushed. They did pretty much half of the route, which was around 10-15h, in 30 minutes... That was so bad, I'm lacking of words to tell my feelings. So much part skipped that a lot made no sense. When Shirou was talking with Rin on the rooftop, he suddenly heard a scream, got stabbed in the arm, fighted some skeletons and then was slashed by Archer that night all during the same night?

There was no background about Kuzuki and Caster. Their odd love story was somehow sweet, but they totally ignored that part. In fact, from a movie viewer perspective, it was probably hard to figure who the heck Caster was in the first place. She doesn't have a lot of devellopment in the VN, but didn't looked like someone coming out of nowhere (okay, I admit servants do come out of nowhere). Same for Assassin, they never explained the tragedy of his own existance, which I found really sad.

About the animation, it was in overall great. Even if some scene were kind of hilarious for bad reasons, like when Archer and Rin where separating from Shirou and you could see that they putted the camera so far away so they would not have to animate the faces (Shirou looked like he had a stick stuck in his ass), when Rin was talking to Archer in her bedroom and Archer looked like a retard or when Shirou was fighting Gilgamesh at the end and it looked like he was wearing roller skates... What I found really deceiving was the overall atmosphere and design. It looked so lifeless. Everything looked empty, the atmosphere was so uninspired. The fight were all flashy, but I felt really bored looking at them. They were intense, but I couldn't go over the fact that I found them lame. IT looked like it was only fitting space. It felt like they had no importance, that they could have removed half of them and I wouldn't even had noticed it.

The OSTwas great in overall, I'm just sad that they didn't used ''Ever Present Feeling'' and ''New Dawn'', but it isn't that much of a flaw, just a disappointment. There is so much much thing I could still rant on, but honestly, I feel like it isn't worth. It's not a bad movie, just a terrible adaptation. They shouldn't have done a movie in first place of a route that can easily take 20h if you take your time like me. I'm really hyped for the new adaptation that is coming this october. I'm sure Ufotable will be able to give justice to UBW, something that Deen wasn't able to provide.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 29, 2014 1:20 AM

Jul 2007
With only a month or two left till the actual adaptation - why would anyone watch this?....
Oct 5, 2014 8:21 AM
Dec 2011
Thought was a tv anime then I saw that it is only 1 ep. 40mins length movie ? That's short.
What was the point of this ? All that it did was Tohsaka blushing and dating with archer.
Last scene was pointless. Cliffhanger with Saber and it ends.
This sucks.
Oct 5, 2014 8:36 AM

Jul 2013
wigglejelly said:
Thought was a tv anime then I saw that it is only 1 ep. 40mins length movie ? That's short.
What was the point of this ? All that it did was Tohsaka blushing and dating with archer.
Last scene was pointless. Cliffhanger with Saber and it ends.
This sucks.

Nice attempt at trolling, but your mistake was that no one can honestly be as stupid as you seem to be.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Oct 11, 2014 3:33 AM

Jul 2009
Hard to like Archer after knowing that he is Shirou future version...can't help but dislike him after it, really, all of them are no future version of anyone, just Archer had to be, it sucks...
Lancer grow on me after this movie for sure...
Shinji still a a**hole.
I believe some of them had really a small participation in this movie, Illya died pretty quickly and Sakura had few minutes on screen.
I am glad there was not many moments of Rin and Shirou here, don't like him, she is better of alone. 7/10
Oct 30, 2014 11:33 AM

Nov 2013
bittersweetlove said:
Hard to like Archer after knowing that he is Shirou future version...can't help but dislike him after it, really, all of them are no future version of anyone, just Archer had to be, it sucks...
Lancer grow on me after this movie for sure...
Shinji still a a**hole.
I believe some of them had really a small participation in this movie, Illya died pretty quickly and Sakura had few minutes on screen.
I am glad there was not many moments of Rin and Shirou here, don't like him, she is better of alone. 7/10
I though DEEN anime travesties were infamous for their shittiness, what made you watch them? You know all they did was make you dislike Shirou.
Dec 21, 2014 7:56 AM

Aug 2014
Just like the first Fate/Stay Night I loved this movie! :D
Archer and Shirou fighting for a reason, that they would like to release it...
Such an incredible masterpiece.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 21, 2014 3:59 PM

Sep 2014
Why the hell would you watch this piece of shit, and that other piece of shit?
Dec 28, 2014 12:35 AM

Apr 2011
6/10 for fight scenes and average summary/recap

... I just couldn't wait for April 2015. after seeing UBW 1st season, this just crumbles apart. Considering that this only had a little less than two hours to work with, it does an okay job. Many small details are left out. It's essentially a quick recap/summary.

I was amazed at how they managed to summon Saber in less than 7(?) minutes. It's straight to the point (Similar to how Rin suddenly has feelings for Shirou in the time span of 30 seconds before they encounter Illya and Berserker.)

o__q It's pretty funny how Shirou's hair changed color during the bounded field at the school. (Saber still gets the spotlight, even doing a Link Spin Attack.)

Damn at I wonder how long it took Shirou under hypnotic suggestion to walk to Ryuudou Temple. It's neat how Saber has something akin to Sonic's blue afterimage as she jumps across the building. Sucks super hard how Assassin doesn't show Tsubame Gaechi (I LOVED IT GOD DAM).

Holy crap Caster wastes absolutely no time! She deserves a worthy mention in efficiency and productiveness, already having Fujimura hostage when they return hom- (which is pretty humorous) oh wait Caster didn't even really look like she was holding Fujimura as a hostage. Saber saddens me. HUR HUR NO WAY TO PARRY THAT DAGGER (maybe the gap was too short, but seriously if you can block it with your body, you can parry it with a sword.)

Oh god this puts kirei to shame. Sudden Caster shows up behind him, BLOOD SPLATTERS LOL. wow though Rin's scout was a really realistic looking owl (although made of crystals). Kuzuki's sudden appearance 40 minutes into the film =-=. Oh no sign of lancer or gilgamesh... a wild Shirou appears and pulls out Kanshou and Byakuya! AND HE DOES IT TWICE. Shirou's journey of minimally walking to where Rin was must've awakened his powers.

I never would've thought Rin and Shirou would turn to Illya for help... but wait Gilgamesh and Shinji are already curbstomping berserker. Gilgamesh pulling no punches, just rips out Illya's heart. (Kali ma...) wait what? Did Gilgamesh just port away while leaving Shinji alone? and Rin was actually capable of killing Shinji despite Gilgamesh already having his gates open? e ___ e

Lancer vs Archer battle was pretty good, but their conversation seems out of place considering it's their second time fighting each other. Rin and Shirou really are stronger than what they seem, being able to duke it out with Caster and Kuzuki. Caster's death, sudden romance moment?

It frustrates me how Shinji is still floundering around...!! Lancer's battle endurance is too good, injurying stupid Shinji, and killing(?) Kirei. Archer and Shirou duke it out and THE OST YES. The best fight scene of the movie.

Oh~~? Shirou needs mana to use his reality marble (wait did I just see a dolphin?) It's great that Shinji turns into the vessel for the grail (Heaping piles of flesh with a paper shinji face taped onto it.), but dam Gilgamesh must've put the heart into a fridge or something (unless they due last for a long time)

Hey!! Assassin is back! Thank you for showing Tsubame Gaeshi!!!!!l. Good fight anyways.
Shirou vs Gilgamesh, weapon barrage!! OH MAN SHIROU'S UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS (I wish he would continue the speech so damn hot.) wait. a close combat battle? dang Gilgamesh just isn't thinking straight.

Shinji apparently lives and STILL has his pants on. wtf how did Archer help Rin, and how is he alive? Saber's Ekkkusukaliibaaa hurray (looks lovely with her hair down.) Yes Shirou batting practice helps so much even though you are used to dual wielding!
.. Are you kidding me, Gilgamesh gets consumed :

Archer takes off his gel and says goodbye. what.
Dec 28, 2014 3:06 AM

Sep 2014
KachidokiPriest said:
Why the hell would you watch this piece of shit?
Jan 4, 2015 1:43 AM
Sep 2013
had to laugh when watching this, since i watch ufotable version 1st, this is more likely a recap for me (the first 30 mins or so)

well, the art style is what's better here, and credit for lighting, too.
other than that, this is a mess :)

4/10

*updated as i finished watching this one (above comment was based on watching the first 30-40 mins of this movie)

my score is : first 30-40 min is 4/10
the rest : 7/10
final : 6/10

answered my curiosity, that's it
hahailham1Jan 4, 2015 8:35 AM
Jan 14, 2015 2:32 AM

Jul 2007
OutsideDecorator said:
KachidokiPriest said:
Why the hell would you watch this piece of shit?
Jan 22, 2015 7:30 AM

Nov 2010
I felt things happened too fast in this movie. There were soo many things to say, and soo little time to tell them.
Jan 23, 2015 3:02 AM

Aug 2014
Why do people still watch this. >.>
Jan 23, 2015 3:23 AM

Nov 2013
Kinkara said:
I felt things happened too fast in this movie. There were soo many things to say, and soo little time to tell them.
You think?
This is basically a very brief recap. Which also managed to cut out certain key moments entirely instead of shortening it.
Jan 23, 2015 8:34 PM

Dec 2012
Insertanamehere said:
Why do people still watch this. >.>

It is on Youtube and it's less than 2 hours long. I stumbled upon it after I beat UBW in the VN.

Some parts were all nice. I really liked the intro sequence with Unmei No Yoru playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVEJhhY9eGU

& Shirou v Archer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXBuaV5d-0c
Jan 28, 2015 12:45 PM

Aug 2014
Why does Shirou scream so much in this movie? Hes always screaming!!!!
Jan 28, 2015 1:51 PM

Nov 2013
y123y said:
Why does Shirou scream so much in this movie? Hes always screaming!!!!
Cuz yolo bro.
Jan 31, 2015 5:31 AM

Dec 2013
I hope they merge the True End and the Good End of these route, and add some elements of the Fate True End route within it, like for example, say Saber disappearing from the real world due to a sudden crisis of magical energy thus dying as King Arturia in the Middle Ages and fulfilling the requirement of becoming a complete heroic spirit without the need of the corrupt Holy Grail, and then they'll show the future Shirou x Rin waiting for her in the "paradise" that once existed inside of him ^v^ That would be epic x)
Jan 31, 2015 5:35 AM

Aug 2014
CyanPoro said:
I hope they merge the True End and the Good End of these route, and add some elements of the Fate True End route within it, like for example, say Saber disappearing from the real world due to a sudden crisis of magical energy thus dying as King Arturia in the Middle Ages and fulfilling the requirement of becoming a complete heroic spirit without the need of the corrupt Holy Grail, and then they'll show the future Shirou x Rin waiting for her in the "paradise" that once existed inside of him ^v^ That would be epic x)

I....can't make sense of what you want to happen at the end there.
Jan 31, 2015 7:32 AM

Nov 2013
Why would that be 'epic' exactly?

o.o
Jan 31, 2015 1:07 PM

Sep 2014
Because pandering

No
Mar 19, 2015 10:23 PM

Nov 2014
This is way better than FSN

Nov 24, 2015 7:19 AM

Dec 2013
After watching the UBW S1 and S2 watching this is unbareable, the pacing is so incredibly fast it's litteraly ruining it.

Although that's fine since we got the full series now :D
Jul 13, 2017 1:03 AM

Dec 2015
+:
The beginning was highly concentrated, giving a minimal amount of infos in order not to retread all the TV show's common base.
The development offered a good deal of surprises after that until the final battle.
The action was decent (this was clearly one of the two main points), although a bit underwhelming for an animated movie.

-:
The truncated nature of the beginning still goes on at the start of the new parts, giving a series of scenes following each other with no cohesion (30-40mn). It happens again toward the end (1h20or30)
No idea why the dead Future Shirô suddenly comes back to attack and whisper from nowhere o_O
Uselessness: this alternative story had in fact no point to make: the second main interest (Archer/Shirô)
(Is this me or does the hero seem to go beyond his future self's strength just by imitating him? He's just winning by the force of his guts? XD)
This was a low tech.quality movie. All the lighting and shadowing from the TV show kept going on and a good amount of "tricks" was used to spare, even in some fights.
Same tame direction as before (making it even worse, since this is a MOVIE)
Compared to the TV show, the music didn't do more than its job.
Too many (flying) blades.

Score : 5/10 Quite similar to an OAV.
(would have been a 6 if the confrontation between the supposed jaded veteran and his younger self had some impact)
Enjoyment: 3/5

January 5, 2019
@iDensity You can't compare a normal length TV series with a theatrical movie. Their technical quality is bound to differ greatly. It has little to do with the four years interval.
Rei_IIIMay 15, 2021 2:46 AM
Oct 17, 2018 11:05 AM

Feb 2015
Now that’s a proper adaptation! (well its good enough for the time)

Holy crap… is this the same studio that made that crappy 2006 version? The visuals have drastically changed (okay… 4 years is a long time but still…) and the fights are much smoother and awesome to watch.

Now only if they ever decide to adapt the fate route again, properly this time… but for now I can go and see ufotabe’s take on the series.
Apr 9, 2019 4:00 PM

Apr 2009
-i can't stop thinking that Saber in that position just looks like she's getting rammed from behind _|D
and the noises she does while in that position doesn't make things better either, lol
neither does the shots focusing on her legs..

lol, poor Lancer,
he never seem to get to do much.. and then he dies,
hm, guess i was wrong; go Lancer :D!
too bad you'll die in a few moments,

oof,Archer, that was a lot of squish.

i really like this movie vs. fate stay night, then again, the only two characters i really had an interest for in that anime was Archer and Lancer _xD
i like where this movie went, even if it's just a reflection of some games i've never played and never will, or novels or whatever .w.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jun 19, 2019 5:24 AM

Dec 2018
Lol they don't even showed Kuzuki in the school and suddenly Shirou just tell us that that's his teacher.

Shirou vs Gilgamesh was more intense than ufotable solely because of Gilgamesh's:
bastardbastardbastardbastardbastardbastardbastardbastardbastardbastardbastard.

Saber and Gilgamesh has 0.1% relationship here.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 11, 2019 12:28 AM

Jul 2016
Leaving aside the fantastic OST and some visuals (No joke, Rin looked absolutely gorgeous during the graveyard scene), this movie was a total mess. Exactly what I was expecting from the idea of condensing 30 hours of source material into a movie of 1 hour and a half.

3/10 - I still wonder who thought this course of action was a good idea...
Nov 9, 2019 6:19 PM

Aug 2017
Why was this movie even attempted? lmao. And wtf, a movie with bad animation and weird camera angles.

3/10 for the movie.
NurguburuNov 9, 2019 6:25 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 29, 2020 2:53 AM

Sep 2019
So put it simply It's just UBW series but a movie version, a bad one!

Anyways if any one wants to watch this watch UBW 2014 series (S1&S2) first.
5/10
Jun 26, 2020 1:04 PM

Apr 2018
Y'know, for all this movie's faults, main one being the insane pacing due to compressing an entire VN route into an hour-and-a-half movie, i gotta say Deen really stepped up their game for this. The art and animation, while still admittedly inferior to Ufotable's take, is a major improvement over their previous Fate route TV series.

That said, watching Ufo's UBW series before this movie was definitely the right call, and i'm glad i did so. If i had watched this first instead, it would have definitely ruined a lot of the impact and surprises of the series.

Anyway, if you look at this as a sort of "Greatest Hits" summary of the UBW route meant for fans, rather than a movie meant to stand on its own, it's still a pretty fun watch overall.
Nov 11, 2020 6:04 PM

Jan 2019
This movie is such a disgrace to Nasu’s work. The characters were bland af with the personality of a blank piece of paper. And also don’t get me started with Shirou here, he was even worse than Studio’s deen Fate route Shirou which i thought was impossible to beat. Also how the hell did Emiya easily beat Archer whose years ahead of fighting experience than him, who the hell thought you could fit a 20+ hour Route into a film, such a bad idea, but probs to the animation and soundtrack I’ll give em that. Overall 4/10, give it a watch if you’ve already finished the VN or saw Ufotable’s UBW’s adaptation.~~~~~~After rethinking about it I give it a 7. I was too harsh idk why
ShaxiXxJan 30, 2021 9:50 AM
Jan 19, 2022 11:09 PM

Aug 2020
This was a bad adaption. 6/10

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 18, 2022 8:53 PM
Mar 2016
oh god. to think 25 episodes are in one movie with 1 h 45 m. lol.
Jul 31, 2023 12:45 AM
Jul 2020
The animation was great, and I feel like the story is much more complete in this version. I also like this version of Emiya Shirou, since we actually got to see him use his trace ability, as well as the reality marble, a lot more. I liked how this film depicted Shirou using the excaliber to fight Gilgamesh in the reality marble, the animation really showed the impact of each hit as Gilgamesh was knocked back each time.

I wonder if Archer, this "idealized" version of Shirou, was somehow a combination/hybrid of Kiritsugu and Shirou. Shirou mentioned that he formed his ideals because he saw how happy Kiritsugu was about saving him, and Kiritsugu also being a hero of justice in Shirou's view.

ka7eMARUJul 31, 2023 12:51 AM
Sep 13, 2023 2:19 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2015:

Oct 20, 2023 12:32 AM
Feb 2021
Not bad, not great. With an extra hour it could actually do a decent job at unwrapping UBW
Nov 28, 2023 7:54 AM
Mar 2010
Reply to KinjiKido
oh god. to think 25 episodes are in one movie with 1 h 45 m. lol.
@KinjiKido more 25 episodes in 3 hours (13 episodes), don't forget the movie was made as a complement to fate 2006 who already have many UBW part (same beginning,Rin vs Shirou at School, encounter with Caster, Saber vs Kojiro, Saber training Shirou)

Dec 1, 2023 7:17 PM

Nov 2023
Very animation spectacular!
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

» Movie Vs. Anime

TheOmniPantheon - Jan 18

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Jan 21, 10:05 AM

» Should I watch this before the TV series?

Potchy - Sep 7, 2016

6 by user16726985 »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:28 PM

» Do i need to watch it?

Zeroth_JK - Sep 23, 2021

5 by tadaimaa »»
Jul 26, 2022 5:22 PM

» how the f does...(spoilers)

kaena - Dec 3, 2011

17 by theangelsweep »»
Mar 11, 2019 12:36 AM

» UBW Rin's route, but not Rin's story (spoilers)

Haneken2086 - May 22, 2018

0 by Haneken2086 »»
May 22, 2018 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.