Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 11, 2016 2:33 AM

Aug 2008
JanusVonMaria said:
Okay, another reason without spoiler.

Your post shows a clear amount of bias, as you consider "obvious" something that isn't at all because of your prior knowledge of the visual novel. Spoil your post or edit it, because you are going into spoiler territory without even realizing it.

You have to put yourself in the viewer's shoes. It's too easy to say "Oh, it's so obvious when you already know all the answers". The point anime only viewers are moving, which is a fair one, is that the mystery is not compelling at all because the presentation is at fault.

-edit-

I just realized you wrote
but if you are not on Umineko level, then keep watching to see an amazing (I hope it will turn amazing) reveal

Was Umineko no Naku Koro ni really mentioned during a discussion about Rewrite's "mystery"? I need a pause.
Ukyo9Jul 11, 2016 2:40 AM
Jul 11, 2016 2:46 AM

Dec 2014
JanusVonMaria said:

those are mysteries that will be slowly unfolded through the series and if you had watched enough series you will know that they will be related, but you don't know why.

Just gonna point this out, elements of mystery don't automatically make somthing not generic. Hell, there are a lot of people out there who just don't like mystery elements at all. Listing them all out won't necessarily change someone's mind. I find the whole 'someone makes a statement about the anime and VN readers jump in to defend the VN' thing to just be kinda dumb, and only makes VN readers look like blind fanatics. The best thing to do is wait for the entire thing to come out, and then anime onlies who aren't as biased can make that decision themselves. If a few people have strong opinions against somthing, you aren't going to convince them, and yes, it sucks that people with a closed mind will skim over a lot of good shows, but that is the nature of the beast and how it will always be. Defending somthing that hasn't been released yet is just as pointless as watching somthing weekly you have no interest in.
Jul 11, 2016 2:55 AM
Jul 2016
Ukyo9 said:
JanusVonMaria said:
Okay, another reason without spoiler.

Your post shows a clear amount of bias, as you consider "obvious" something that isn't at all because of your prior knowledge of the visual novel. Spoil your post or edit it, because you are going into spoiler territory without even realizing it.

You have to put yourself in the viewer's shoes. It's too easy to say "Oh, it's so obvious when you already know all the answers". The point anime only viewers are moving, which is a fair one, is that the mystery is not compelling at all because the presentation is at fault.

-edit-

I just realized you wrote
but if you are not on Umineko level, then keep watching to see an amazing (I hope it will turn amazing) reveal

Was Umineko no Naku Koro ni really mentioned during a discussion about Rewrite's "mystery"? I need a pause.

Umineko was never mentioned, but whenever there is a mystery, I tend to think of it and try to find every single hint making me paranoid.

Well, if an only anime viewer says is spoiler, I will erase that post, even though it may be too late for that.
JanusVonMariaJul 11, 2016 2:59 AM
Jul 11, 2016 2:58 AM
Jul 2016
Radar303 said:
JanusVonMaria said:

those are mysteries that will be slowly unfolded through the series and if you had watched enough series you will know that they will be related, but you don't know why.

Just gonna point this out, elements of mystery don't automatically make somthing not generic. Hell, there are a lot of people out there who just don't like mystery elements at all. Listing them all out won't necessarily change someone's mind. I find the whole 'someone makes a statement about the anime and VN readers jump in to defend the VN' thing to just be kinda dumb, and only makes VN readers look like blind fanatics. The best thing to do is wait for the entire thing to come out, and then anime onlies who aren't as biased can make that decision themselves. If a few people have strong opinions against somthing, you aren't going to convince them, and yes, it sucks that people with a closed mind will skim over a lot of good shows, but that is the nature of the beast and how it will always be. Defending somthing that hasn't been released yet is just as pointless as watching somthing weekly you have no interest in.

I know, it's the only bullets I have to defend it for now, it was just trying to put a different argument and not trying to say that it isn't generic, since so far no matter where I see it, it looks like a pretty generic harem.
It was just a mild hope to get someone to get interested in this show and I am not defending it just for the VN, but because I don't like for a show to get heavily criticized just in two chapters so I wanted to show a little of the good parts of it, even Nisekoi, whcih looks like a generic harem had some good parts even though I hated it, I can objectively say it wasn't a crappy show, the same as Twilight, it wasn't a trashy novel, it was just that I hated it.
JanusVonMariaJul 11, 2016 3:04 AM
Jul 11, 2016 3:58 AM

Mar 2013
This Adaptation is one of the Worst Let down in anime history.
For such a great VN to get such an awful adaptation...
It was painful to watch...

Please, please, do yourself a favor and stop watching the show and go read the VN...

Jul 11, 2016 4:47 AM

Mar 2013
PervertOlympus said:
lusyo said:

Please, please, do yourself a favor and stop watching the show and go read the VN...
lusyo said:
This Adaptation is one of the Worst Let down in anime history.
For such a great VN to get such an awful adaptation...
It was painful to watch...

The Anime is not even Finish yet, atleast we have a Anime Adaptation it's "Better Than Nothing".You people need to be Grateful for having an Adaptation even if it sucks,RE- The Anime is not even Finish yet :3

Usually i'm optimistic, but i've never seen an adaptation so rushed and bad in all ways possible, the only good part was how they handled the "subtle" hints with Kotori's Mother...

It's cool that you're optimistic, i'm usually the first to say to wait before saying it's awful...
Maybe some scenes will be good but that doesn't change the fact that it's, as of now :

- so rushed it made me feel dizzy,
- the art is incredibly bad (and again i'm usually not the type to be too harsh on that),
- they added so much more fanservice(there is some in the VN but really not to that extent, and if they only have 13 episode why bother with this? why not try to make it good?)
and... fart jokes, really !?
- Kagari is handled so poorly, in the VN she's mysterious,calm, and in ,some way, ominous,and they build up to her true power(if i remember correctly),here she just blast of the monster from chihaya's route while being "cute and quirky"...
- The characters were already stereotypes (but they are developped and kind of shatter these stereotypes in their routes, especially Lucia) but here they are just infuriating.
- Lucia is here for two seconds in episode 1 and is only a comic relief in episode 2... she deserves better
-Kotarou is infuriating where in the VN he was kind of relatable and likable, here he seems nonsensical and dumb.
-Gil and Pani in Episode 1, really, as if it wasn't annoying enough...
-Since there are monsters and Spirits in Episode 1 there can be no build up,like in the VN, to the reveal of these monsters making THAT DAY even more memorable...

It's great to hope, and i really hope that at least some scenes will do justice to the original but with how this is for now....

...i waited 3-4 years for this...

I would rather have had nothing than this adaptation...

Jul 11, 2016 5:06 AM

Apr 2015
Ketuekigami said:
Sorry but the animation/art is just plain unforgivable. Most of the time each characters face looks like they are from one of those eroge adaptations from 2001 by a no name studio. It's almost like 8bit took as little time as possible to animate. I am legit getting DEEN Umineko flashbacks.

Having read the source I wish I could comment on the actual story-line, but I'm too depressed by the art/animation quality. Even though we are in 2016, we still have reputable titles being animated like this is 2001.

Don't worry, I'm depressed too - even more after watching 1st ep of Planetarian. Rewrite looks like a bad joke compared to that.
Jul 11, 2016 7:38 AM
Jul 2016
PervertOlympus said:

Well i waited Years for this too and Grateful for having one.Even if this one fails like i said it's"Better than nothing" .
For now Let's just be "Postive" and Expect that the next episodes will be much Better.

I have to say that even though I agree with a lot of your points, I can't seem to agree with the opening part, I always liked philosophyz and the opening helps to new fans to get the idea that this series has action, and it's not always super duper happy.
Jul 11, 2016 7:58 AM

Apr 2015
PervertOlympus said:
lusyo said:

Usually i'm optimistic, but i've never seen an adaptation so rushed and bad in all ways possible, the only good part was how they handled the "subtle" hints with Kotori's Mother...

It's cool that you're optimistic, i'm usually the first to say to wait before saying it's awful...
Maybe some scenes will be good but that doesn't change the fact that it's, as of now :

- so rushed it made me feel dizzy,
- the art is incredibly bad (and again i'm usually not the type to be too harsh on that),
- they added so much more fanservice(there is some in the VN but really not to that extent, and if they only have 13 episode why bother with this? why not try to make it good?)
and... fart jokes, really !?
- Kagari is handled so poorly, in the VN she's mysterious,calm, and in ,some way, ominous,and they build up to her true power(if i remember correctly),here she just blast of the monster from chihaya's route while being "cute and quirky"...
- The characters were already stereotypes (but they are developped and kind of shatter these stereotypes in their routes, especially Lucia) but here they are just infuriating.
- Lucia is here for two seconds in episode 1 and is only a comic relief in episode 2... she deserves better
-Kotarou is infuriating where in the VN he was kind of relatable and likable, here he seems nonsensical and dumb.
-Gil and Pani in Episode 1, really, as if it wasn't annoying enough...
-Since there are monsters and Spirits in Episode 1 there can be no build up,like in the VN, to the reveal of these monsters making THAT DAY even more memorable...

It's great to hope, and i really hope that at least some scenes will do justice to the original but with how this is for now....

...i waited 3-4 years for this...

I would rather have had nothing than this adaptation...
Well i'm not that optimistic either just trying to be, i have to say that i'm disappointed of this adaptation.

-They choose 8bit rather than other like WhiteFox.(A-1 Pictures seems good too)
-The Animation/Character Designs seems to be awful either, other people mistaken them all as loli's. Akane's face is too too far from her face on the VN.
-The Opening of the Adaptation is bad for "Me" the Opening made by WhiteFox on the VN is far far more Better.
- No transitions and every episode is rushed unlike the adaptation of "Clannad" and "Little Busters". Krivoy Rog got killed on the 1st ep, All char introductions is rushed.
-The Other Jokes is not appealing.

Well i waited Years for this too and Grateful for having one.Even if this one fails like i said it's"Better than nothing" .
For now Let's just be "Postive" and Expect that the next episodes will be much Better.

Well, I was positive with Grisaia no Kajitsu after first 3 episodes. And where did that get me?
Jul 11, 2016 9:31 AM

Mar 2014
What a fucking snorefest
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 11, 2016 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
It feels like watching an amateur work about something I love : I often smile, enjoy the jokes and different details like Lucia's gloves or Kotori's mother but somewhat i can't take it for an anime, even if I really enjoy it.

For Vn-readers only (for what i think), as you won't watch an OAV alone, regardless what said the director.
Welp
Jul 11, 2016 11:05 AM
Jul 2016
It feels I am the weird one for liking this show, even considering all the defects, I just like it and want to see what kind of story this new route will take and,
Jul 11, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2015
This was much much much much much much better than the first episode
Jul 11, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2015
Okay, ummm, that dream he had. The animation was so smooth, yet not smooth at the same time, it was weird. Ghost ribbon girl is still freaking adorable, in fact, all the girls are dang adorable. Pretty lewd episode we got, I don't mind though, twas pretty funny to me, at least some of it anyway, and the harem has gathered.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 11, 2016 2:36 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Hongu said:
Murasa22 said:

Don't assume stuff that you don't know about, just saying.

Btw Rewrite is very far from being generic. The real plot has not even started to begin yet.

If you're complaining about the characters, they're not really the types that you think they are. Rewrite is praised so much for a reason, just think about that for a bit.
I swear you people say this crap every single time. It's like you're all broken records.

"It's not generic! I-It gets better! It's so deep, I swear! It's not a harem! You don't get it!"
Give me a freaking break.

It is not a generic harem/plot, it gets much better for sure, IN THE VN.
About the anime, I can only say, I doubt it. I would love to be proven wrong, until them, I doubt it.
Jul 11, 2016 3:26 PM
Jun 2012
JanusVonMaria said:
It feels I am the weird one for liking this show, even considering all the defects, I just like it and want to see what kind of story this new route will take and,

You are not the only one dude, I am enjoying this so far and this would continue as long as they don't crammed Moon and Terra into 13 episode. I would like it if more people keep speculating rather whatever happening now.

As for the ending,
Jul 11, 2016 3:34 PM

Sep 2012
Oh my god, this thread is so full of stupid (not that I'm any better). Some of you VN readers (note that I am one as well) are so overbearing. Oh my god, please stop. You're giving the whole community a bad rep (though what's new in all anime communities? lol).

I feel like anime has fucked everyone's outlook on female > male ratio groups.
Multiple girls and one single guy become a group of friends = automatically a harem
Have any of you seen any romantic inclination from ANY of the girls to our main protag? No? Oh, some blushing from Chihaya? Go back to episode 1 where she meets with Akane. She clearly never got to make any friends and is awkward as a person. You can tell that from her iterations with Kotarou and Kotori too.
Yeah. Just because a bunch of girls and one guy get together, it doesn't make it a harem. There are NO romantic feelings at this point of the common route (Kotarou's is one-sided (refer to Ep1), and the girls have no feelings until they enter their own route). Don't lump this up with battle school harem animes. There is a clear difference here. Open up your damn close-minded eyes.

Oh, now you want to count the ONE boob joke as fanservice? Oh my god, MAL. This is just a running gag, same in the VN. It never actually happens and as Shizuru says, it's normal for an adolescent boy to be thinking of boobs. It's just to poke fun of Kotarou's perverted side (which doesn't appear as often as I'd like, tbh). /not counting the Oppai ending. Now that's the real joke of Rewrite. Good times.

[/rantend]

ANYWAYS. Onto my thoughts on this so far. Keep in mind, I LOVE Rewrite. Maybe because I can relate to common route Kotarou. I is hardcore Rewrite fanboy.

OP and ED have great animations. The art on the other hand...RIP. Though the art in the whole episode was terrible. Animations were great. They were smooth and flowed very nice. It's just the art. Learn the difference guys.

This episode was very...sporadic? I get that they need to cut the 20 hour+ common route down to size, and I think that they opted for the better scenes to animate, but wtf. No transitions at all and it jumped around everywhere.
The fart scene was kinda, awkward. I laughed (I laugh at anything really), but that was a pretty silly joke to add in. Kotarou's rapping was 10/10 though. I wasn't expecting that and it was hilarious.
Judging from the ending of the episode, yeah, we'll have more common route (still have quite a lot for them to speed through), but I think we'll be getting more hints at Kagari's route here and there. I just pray that they saved their art skills for then...

All in all, it's...mediocre at the moment. The heavily animated scenes get a drop in art quality and then the not animated scenes have eh quality. I don't how much budget they got, but I'll just assume and hope that it wasn't that great of an amount.

I'm still 100% enjoying this. I won't be surprised if anime-only viewers drop it soon, since the common route probably going to be too slow for them after everyone hyped the living daylights out of Rewrite. This adaptation isn't the best either, being only common route and a new route. It's pretty much just a 13 long PV for the VN rerelease, now that I think about it, lol. I think that's all I had to say. I have the memory of a chicken so I probably forgot over half the stuff I wanted to say, aha.

VN readers need to calm their asses down and let anime-only viewers breathe.

If people were still interested in Rewrite as a whole, I'd recommend getting the updated VN when it releases. JP is out on July 29th for those that can read Japanese. Otherwise, we do have a confirmed English release for Steam, though they never confirmed if it was the same day or not. Comes with the fandisc that gives Kotori a proper ending and iirc, Inori got something in it too, even though she isn't a main heroine in the VN.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jul 11, 2016 3:44 PM
Jul 2016
noireo said:
JanusVonMaria said:

You are not the only one dude, I am enjoying this so far and this would continue as long as they don't crammed Moon and Terra into 13 episode. I would like it if more people keep speculating rather whatever happening now.

As for the ending,

Oh my god, you might be right, that kind of ending can even stimulate for a second season, crossing my fingers for the route to take a path like the one you described.
Jul 11, 2016 3:49 PM
Jun 2015
The fart scene made my day. ♥♥
Jul 11, 2016 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
I'm sure the VN is decent but this anime adaptation is terrible. Possibly even the worst show this season.
Jul 11, 2016 7:05 PM

Dec 2013
sleeplesstown said:
I'm sure the VN is decent but this anime adaptation is terrible. Possibly even the worst show this season.

Slightly rushed in some areas but the adaptation is fairly solid so far. The VN just has a weak start.
Jul 11, 2016 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
G_Spark233 said:
sleeplesstown said:

Slightly rushed in some areas but the adaptation is fairly solid so far. The VN just has a weak start.

This pretty much (what G said)
Jul 11, 2016 11:57 PM
Aug 2014
Man, I really wanted to see a patched up Kotori route where they don't rush and blunt the ending b/c it's so damn cute. I'd hate for this to go Terra route.
Jul 12, 2016 12:20 AM

Jan 2009
i don't care about the visual novel. this episode was so sweet! op and ending are marvelous and i like the jokes a lot.
kagari is best girl
r.i.p. tomoko
Jul 12, 2016 4:40 AM
Jul 2016
Yikes this thread is toxic and full of haters. Just chill and enjoy the anime
Jul 12, 2016 6:55 AM

Jul 2016
AthrunZ29 said:
Oh my god, this thread is so full of stupid (not that I'm any better). Some of you VN readers (note that I am one as well) are so overbearing. Oh my god, please stop. You're giving the whole community a bad rep (though what's new in all anime communities? lol).

Multiple girls and one single guy become a group of friends = automatically a harem
Have any of you seen any romantic inclination from ANY of the girls to our main protag? No? Oh, some blushing from Chihaya? Go back to episode 1 where she meets with Akane. She clearly never got to make any friends and is awkward as a person. You can tell that from her iterations with Kotarou and Kotori too.
Yeah. Just because a bunch of girls and one guy get together, it doesn't make it a harem. There are NO romantic feelings at this point of the common route (Kotarou's is one-sided (refer to Ep1), and the girls have no feelings until they enter their own route). Don't lump this up with battle school harem animes. There is a clear difference here. Open up your damn close-minded eyes.

Oh, now you want to count the ONE boob joke as fanservice? Oh my god, MAL. This is just a running gag, same in the VN. It never actually happens and as Shizuru says, it's normal for an adolescent boy to be thinking of boobs. It's just to poke fun of Kotarou's perverted side (which doesn't appear as often as I'd like, tbh). /not counting the Oppai ending. Now that's the real joke of Rewrite. Good times.

[/rantend]

ANYWAYS. Onto my thoughts on this so far. Keep in mind, I LOVE Rewrite. Maybe because I can relate to common route Kotarou. I is hardcore Rewrite fanboy.

OP and ED have great animations. The art on the other hand...RIP. Though the art in the whole episode was terrible. Animations were great. They were smooth and flowed very nice. It's just the art. Learn the difference guys.

This episode was very...sporadic? I get that they need to cut the 20 hour+ common route down to size, and I think that they opted for the better scenes to animate, but wtf. No transitions at all and it jumped around everywhere.
The fart scene was kinda, awkward. I laughed (I laugh at anything really), but that was a pretty silly joke to add in. Kotarou's rapping was 10/10 though. I wasn't expecting that and it was hilarious.
Judging from the ending of the episode, yeah, we'll have more common route (still have quite a lot for them to speed through), but I think we'll be getting more hints at Kagari's route here and there. I just pray that they saved their art skills for then...

All in all, it's...mediocre at the moment. The heavily animated scenes get a drop in art quality and then the not animated scenes have eh quality. I don't how much budget they got, but I'll just assume and hope that it wasn't that great of an amount.

I'm still 100% enjoying this. I won't be surprised if anime-only viewers drop it soon, since the common route probably going to be too slow for them after everyone hyped the living daylights out of Rewrite. This adaptation isn't the best either, being only common route and a new route. It's pretty much just a 13 long PV for the VN rerelease, now that I think about it, lol. I think that's all I had to say. I have the memory of a chicken so I probably forgot over half the stuff I wanted to say, aha.

If people were still interested in Rewrite as a whole, I'd recommend getting the updated VN when it releases. JP is out on July 29th for those that can read Japanese. Otherwise, we do have a confirmed English release for Steam, though they never confirmed if it was the same day or not. Comes with the fandisc that gives Kotori a proper ending and iirc, Inori got something in it too, even though she isn't a main heroine in the VN.

Yes, I also agree with you. Trying too hard to defend Rewrite is counter-productive and make people bashing it more. Just chill and ignore the haters.
"A good man, in his darkest yearning, Is still aware of virtue’s ways." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jul 12, 2016 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
krasnayaZvezda said:
AthrunZ29 said:

[/rantend]

Yes, I also agree with you. Trying too hard to defend Rewrite is counter-productive and make people bashing it more. Just chill and ignore the haters.

Thats what I would say as well so.
Jul 12, 2016 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
Pretty good episode overall with the jokes and SOL elements especially. but for the plot, i didn't see any development in it except characters development. i can't still see this anime as harem show tbh. on the other side, i see that they just gathered in occult club and will be trying to do something which i think it was very interesting and something that i very look foward too in this series. i can't wait to see the girls get suprise when they see the fantasy, supernatural things which the MC had been saying in this episode.
as an anime watcher only, i doubt this series will be getting only 13 episode.

and DAT fart joke xD
that made me LMAO xD great comedy right there xD

i can't imagine what will happen next and i'm very curious for what will happen tbh.
looking foward for the next episode.

Edit: This thread......man.....it's awsome!
sasuga MAL~~
but i'm already used to this kind of cancer thread :)
YizelTroJul 12, 2016 2:29 PM
Jul 12, 2016 2:29 PM

Nov 2013
even tho i have no idea what this is about...i'm totally interested in kagari =D

kagari and shizune are too cute for me lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 12, 2016 5:19 PM

Nov 2011
Felt extremely rushed. The animation was poor compared to the first episode. It was funny but not much. A fart though??? I felt that was just silly.

More Kagari and Club President would be nice though
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 12, 2016 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
SoraSenpai said:
Felt extremely rushed. The animation was poor compared to the first episode. It was funny but not much. A fart though??? I felt that was just silly.

More Kagari and Club President would be nice though

The fart was original. xD
Jul 13, 2016 4:40 AM

Jan 2015
Someone should just keep away the VN readers from the episodes discussion of this anime, they are so annoying, the only thing they can do is complaining about everything etc etc...
Jul 13, 2016 5:18 AM

Dec 2012
Xenocrisi said:
Someone should just keep away the VN readers from the episodes discussion of this anime, they are so annoying, the only thing they can do is complaining about everything etc etc...
lol xD I agree that some VN readers are being annoying that they complain about most stuff about the anime. But some VN readers are ok with the anime. I found the anime being decent I'm a VN reader. But same goes to anime onlies that complain about the anime like calling it "worst anime they've watch of the season". So it goes both sides. I'm open minded with the anime so I'm ok with everything anime has to offer.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jul 13, 2016 7:10 AM

Dec 2014
It doesn't go both ways when someone does bring up a valid criticism for the anime and a VN reader gets incredibly defensive, like are most of the cases I have seen here, so I can understand his point. However, using a blanket statement like 'the VN readers are so annoying' is a bit close minded and rude to those that are just trying to participate in legitimate discussion, so perhaps it could have been phrased better. People are letting just 1 or 2 bad eggs ruin the impression on those that are just being a little critical, which last time I checked wasn't a crime, and I think mainly that's what his complaint was, albeit having been said in a blunt manner
Jul 13, 2016 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Xenocrisi said:

I think you're making a rather general statement in here, sure there are quite a few Visual Novel readers that can be rather annoying (I won't really say or name anyone here just to not bring any arguments) but not all are annoying. Majority of the readers here wants to bring some valid criticism and pointings, there are some people that dislikes the anime and would want to point somethings out, others are fine with the anime and are enjoying it, and somehow can understand the other people's point of view in some extent (for me for instance, I tend to try to understand both sides of the spectrum, both one's side that would agree with me with the anime and the other that I tend to disagree but I can see their point in the complaints)
Jul 13, 2016 7:32 PM
Jul 2016
winddevil1 said:
even tho i have no idea what this is about...i'm totally interested in kagari =D

kagari and shizune are too cute for me lol

Glad to see that you are enjoying it, and don't worry about having no idea what this is about, I also had the same problem when reading the VN, but as long as you are having fun it's okay, I laughed a lot with Kotarou-Shizuru phone prank, you should see the VN version of that, there is plenty of youtube videos of that scene.

By the way, It's Shizuru not Shizune and the name Kagari could be a spoiler, cuz her name has yet to be mentioned.
Jul 13, 2016 7:54 PM

May 2010
Xenocrisi said:

Even if I didn't read the vn, this adaptation is pretty terrible up until now, so I'm quite sure I'd feel the same, lol.
Besides, no need to play vn to notice how shitty is the artstyle.
Jul 13, 2016 10:25 PM

Jun 2013
Xenocrisi said:

You're totally right. Elitist Vn readers should just stfu and do something more productive instead of just complain about everything. That pisses me off so much.

And I'm a Vn reader too lol but these people are just annoying.

If they think this adaptation is "terrible" then the VN is automatically terrible too because i see no fucking difference between what we've seen so far and the common route from the game (with only Kryvoy Rog as exception ofc).

Oh but they're saying "uh the directing is terrible" "uh the pacing is terrible" "uh the artstyle is terrible" uh the animation is terrible" omg i think we've got some professionals who should be hired by the industry and start working for 8Bit, cause it looks like they have much more knowlegde than the staff working on this.

We got some prodigy people here.

And i've seen some shitty ass shows to know whats good and whats bad. This adaptation is NOT bad. Maybe is not excellent but it isn't bad at all. This is just the second episode and people are assuming things that they don't even know about, like the fact that this new Kagari route has been written by the Key crew and it will be included in the new Rewrite+ game aswell. I can bet that they don't even know about this.

I like the MAL system of saving my shows and stuff but the community is just goddamn awful. Is literally one of the most cancerous forums on the internet, for real.
Murasa22Jul 13, 2016 10:29 PM
Jul 14, 2016 12:06 AM

Sep 2011
Murasa22 said:

You're totally right. Elitist Vn readers should just stfu and do something more productive instead of just complain about everything. That pisses me off so much.

If they think this adaptation is "terrible" then the VN is automatically terrible too because i see no fucking difference between what we've seen so far and the common route from the game (with only Kryvoy Rog as exception ofc).

Oh but they're saying "uh the directing is terrible" "uh the pacing is terrible" "uh the artstyle is terrible" uh the animation is terrible" omg i think we've got some professionals who should be hired by the industry and start working for 8Bit, cause it looks like they have much more knowlegde than the staff working on this.

And i've seen some shitty ass shows to know whats good and whats bad. This adaptation is NOT bad. Maybe is not excellent but it isn't bad at all. This is just the second episode and people are assuming things that they don't even know about, like the fact that this new Kagari route has been written by the Key crew and it will be included in the new Rewrite+ game aswell. I can bet that they don't even know about this.

I like the MAL system of saving my shows and stuff but the community is just goddamn awful. Is literally one of the most cancerous forums on the internet, for real.

You're aware that this MAL community is goddamn awful yet still complaining about its community? Have you read my thread? It's totally expected that this will get criticism, whether you like it or not because it's MAL. All opinions that it doesn't please you, him, or her is always annoying just only because his/her opinion is different from yours. Jesus, that's not even new LMAO.

Nobody even cares if this route is written by Tanaka and this will be on Rewrite+, the question is, are they even liking it? Some yes and some no. They're OPINIONS. You should deal with it if they can't like it. Oh and if you care about my opinion on this anime so far, I see this as hit and miss, and I can't comment just yet already since we have 2 episodes at the moment. It's my policy not judge any anime that hasn't done airing yet that's why I never rate shows already. How about you? Rated it as 10/10 and that means you find this as masterpiece. There, you have your own opinion that in just 2 episodes, you find this anime as masterpiece.

Seriously if you hate this community, you should just go update and make scores on your list but don't ever bother on the forums. In all honesty, you just stated the obvious on what MAL is, in paragraph form.
TennoujiJul 14, 2016 12:10 AM

Jul 14, 2016 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
Tennouji said:
Murasa22 said:

You're aware that this MAL community is goddamn awful yet still complaining about its community? Have you read my thread? It's totally expected that this will get criticism, whether you like it or not because it's MAL. All opinions that it doesn't please you, him, or her is always annoying just only because his/her opinion is different from yours. Jesus, that's not even new LMAO.

Nobody even cares if this route is written by Tanaka and this will be on Rewrite+, the question is, are they even liking it? Some yes and some no. They're OPINIONS. You should deal with it if they can't like it. Oh and if you care about my opinion on this anime so far, I see this as hit and miss, and I can't comment just yet already since we have 2 episodes at the moment. It's my policy not judge any anime that hasn't done airing yet that's why I never rate shows already. How about you? Rated it as 10/10 and that means you find this as masterpiece. There, you have your own opinion that in just 2 episodes, you find this anime as masterpiece.

Seriously if you hate this community, you should just go update and make scores on your list but don't ever bother on the forums. In all honesty, you just stated the obvious on what MAL is, in paragraph form.

... such savagery o_______oU Oh boy >___<
Jul 14, 2016 12:45 AM

Feb 2014
Koybz said:
The harem has gathered at lightning speed. It was rushed, but I still thought it was a very fun episode, I just love the banter between the characters in Rewrite. Shame we won't be getting much more common route episodes though.

I feel like this really is for the fans of the VN though. Like, while I enjoyed watching the common route antics in this episode as I'm already well established with the characters already after having read the VN, it's not hard to see how first time viewers could be put off by the series. With the likes of the thrown together directing style, the plain character designs and inconsistent animation, the incredibly rushed nature, the lack of time to establish the characters causing them to come off as tropish, the harem like setting (well it is Key, so people should have been expecting this anyway), the constant confusing hints at the plot and the bombardment of admittedly juvenile comedy. It's all a bit of a mess, not to mention the awful battle scenes last episode and the fact that the anime seems to be throwing everything including the kitchen sink at the viewer. I'm not even sure what to expect from the anime as the only scene from the original route was so far was one I dislike a lot.

The visuals for the OP were nicely done albeit a bit spoilery. The ED was adorable while being even more spoilery than the OP, but in a subtler way.

^This. Couldn't say it better myself. OP and ED were about the only things that were good (and they were pretty spoilery indeed).

This anime is a disaster thus far, it's nothing more than VN fanservice. They have pretty much ruined the plot, ruined so many mysteries, ruined the tone, and it's only two episodes. This almost seems like it's a parody . At this point, I can't even be mad it because it's not even trying. Even as a standalone, it's a mess and anime onlys are probably so confused. The characters barely have any depth so far and the plot is so disjointed. The direction of this anime is just so bad with random shit and dialog flying everywhere. And there's really no way to sugarcoat it. The only thing they got right was the boob joke with Shizuru, and then we get Kotarou having some deep monologue about how much he loves his friends when he barely even knows everyone and they haven't even done club activities together. *facepalm*

I really hope this is just 13 episodes and it's done. I'd be pretty upset to see them butcher Moon and Terra.
___
*sigh* with that said though I did have a few laughs and in some weird way I'm enjoying it but I think that has to do with VN nostalgia more than anything else.
LoomyTheBrewJul 14, 2016 12:51 AM
Jul 14, 2016 1:25 AM

Feb 2014
DaBackpack said:
And I'm a huge VN fan, but I really dislike when people's main justification for a poor anime adaptation is "the VN has more content than you can fit into an anime". that's a really lazy, hand-wavey explanation. Rewrite could have been good even if they struck out a lot of the game's content. Most of the problems with this adaptation are related to how generally awful 8-Bit is, as well as terrible directing and writing.

^This x10. It could have still been good regardless of that, but the staff has just done a very lazy job all arounds. If only White Fox got this instead.

Hongu said:
Murasa22 said:

Don't assume stuff that you don't know about, just saying.

Btw Rewrite is very far from being generic. The real plot has not even started to begin yet.

If you're complaining about the characters, they're not really the types that you think they are. Rewrite is praised so much for a reason, just think about that for a bit.
I swear you people say this crap every single time. It's like you're all broken records.

"It's not generic! I-It gets better! It's so deep, I swear! It's not a harem! You don't get it!"

HAHAHAHAHA this legitimately made me laugh out loud. It's so true. You just gotta let people judge from what they can see.

Everyone and their mother fucking knows the VN is better, but it doesn't change the fact that the anime is not doing the source material any justice. So VN readers trying to convince other people just how great these characters are really doesn't help anyone. All it does is give anime onlys false impressions and just frustrates both parties. It's like trying to explain to a blind person how awesome it is to see. It's like ok that's cool, but that doesn't change the fact that the blind person will never fully understand or appreciate what you're saying unless they can actually see. In this case, it'd be to read the VN for yourself, but not everyone is going to do that and that's fine.

You just gotta let bygones be bygones and just let anime onlys judge from what they're seeing because that's the only impression they have. At least wait till the end of the season where there will be a bigger picture and they'll be able to grasp it a bit more.
LoomyTheBrewJul 14, 2016 1:30 AM
Jul 14, 2016 1:54 AM
Jul 2018
LoomyTheBrew said:
DaBackpack said:
And I'm a huge VN fan, but I really dislike when people's main justification for a poor anime adaptation is "the VN has more content than you can fit into an anime". that's a really lazy, hand-wavey explanation. Rewrite could have been good even if they struck out a lot of the game's content. Most of the problems with this adaptation are related to how generally awful 8-Bit is, as well as terrible directing and writing.

^This x10. It could have still been good regardless of that, but the staff has just done a very lazy job all arounds. If only White Fox got this instead.

Hongu said:

HAHAHAHAHA this legitimately made me laugh out loud. It's so true. You just gotta let people judge from what they can see.

Everyone and their mother fucking knows the VN is better, but it doesn't change the fact that the anime is not doing the source material any justice. So VN readers trying to convince other people just how great these characters are really doesn't help anyone. All it does is give anime onlys false impressions and just frustrates both parties. It's like trying to explain to a blind person how awesome it is to see. It's like ok that's cool, but that doesn't change the fact that the blind person will never fully understand or appreciate what you're saying unless they can actually see. In this case, it'd be to read the VN for yourself, but not everyone is going to do that and that's fine.

You just gotta let bygones be bygones and just let anime onlys judge from what they're seeing because that's the only impression they have. At least wait till the end of the season where there will be a bigger picture and they'll be able to grasp it a bit more.

Despite the amount of stuff I want to hold back and despite me not hating the anime (I don't personally think the anime is bad but it is fine imo, I've seen way worse adaptations from my perspective point of view), he's right. Murasa you can't really just give anyone that type of impression, you're just giving people some false hope that will possibly not even be there. It's like saying that there's cure for cancer the next day yet there isn't in reality yet (It is by far the worst comparison I have ever made thus far but you get my point). In sure I get the point of the party trying to tell the other viewers why the Visual Novel is great... but, giving the anime some false hope? I mean, I don't hate it and I sure ain't going to put down the staff either (I am not a person to hate staff members everything) but come on man.

And as for Loomy, I get his point as well with the adaptation and that's completely fine, though I dunno, I have a different perspective in mind and no, I'm not saying the adaptation is great or anything but well... I guess it's too, bias, to say the least, hence I'm neutral and trying to be neutral with it so far.

And by the way, a note, this is freedom of speech, and this is MAL, its very obvious that stuff like this like negative criticism will happen. It's the matter of how everyone perceives it, and if anyone knows how to debate then good, I think debating would be fine as long as both parties do not kick their own asses up to shit. But I think in here it feels more like a constant battlefront of teams... which is not a bad thing but it really isn't a good thing either. But to get straight to the point.

Everyone is free to think what they want, everyone should just calm down and not get really irritated about it. Do they like the show? Good for them, they like the anime and that's nice. Do they hate the show? If they have reasons then fine, I won't complain about it either. Thats how things would work.
removed-userJul 14, 2016 2:09 AM
Jul 14, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
Murasa22 said:
Xenocrisi said:

I don't know what people were expecting. Did VN readers really want a 1:1 adaptation of the common route? They're doing a great job of condensing it, because if we're being honest here - the common route was extremely dense and long.

And I, too, and baffled by how many people here work in the anime industry.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 14, 2016 12:36 PM

Apr 2015
sanata50lbsb said:
Murasa22 said:

I don't know what people were expecting. Did VN readers really want a 1:1 adaptation of the common route? They're doing a great job of condensing it, because if we're being honest here - the common route was extremely dense and long.

They aren't working in the anime industry, they simply have some standards... unlike you.
Jul 14, 2016 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
sanata50lbsb said:

They aren't working in the anime industry, they simply have some standards... unlike you.

Low blow man. Not even gonna comment.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 14, 2016 12:55 PM

Jun 2013
I have my own rules for how i rate my stuff, and you don't have anything to do with it.

But atleast i don't come here in the forums crying like a 12y old about how mad i am for not having the things the way i wanted.

Criticism is fine, but posting like 10 times on the same thread things like "HAHA THIS IS SHIT, EVERYTHING IS SHIT, SHIT SHIT SHIT" is not criticism, atleast not from an proper adult.

People are here just to annoy and hate, i don't see any other reason for it.

But then you're going to say "Hey but look at the score, everyone hates this show".

Yeah look at Planetarian's score. Its literally on the same level and most people are not hating it, and its not because one is good and other is bad, but because its 8Bit who is adapting Rewrite.

Thats a fact, and a really sad one.
Jul 14, 2016 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Okay? That came out of nowhere.
Jul 14, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2014
Well atleast they included the Lucia parfait scene, lol. Poor Kagari not feeling her oppais are quite matching up to KTs standards...RiP Tomoko!
Jul 14, 2016 6:10 PM

Sep 2011
Murasa22 said:
I have my own rules for how i rate my stuff, and you don't have anything to do with it.

But atleast i don't come here in the forums crying like a 12y old about how mad i am for not having the things the way i wanted.

Criticism is fine, but posting like 10 times on the same thread things like "HAHA THIS IS SHIT, EVERYTHING IS SHIT, SHIT SHIT SHIT" is not criticism, atleast not from an proper adult.

People are here just to annoy and hate, i don't see any other reason for it.

But then you're going to say "Hey but look at the score, everyone hates this show".

Yeah look at Planetarian's score. Its literally on the same level and most people are not hating it, and its not because one is good and other is bad, but because its 8Bit who is adapting Rewrite.

Thats a fact, and a really sad one.

I only used your score simply because this, that is your opinion. And they have theirs, they didn't bother on how you score it UNLESS you started arguing with them by simply hating the anime. Basically, don't even bother on those who are hating the anime because it's their opinion.

And are you even serious? Am I witnessing the age insult here once again? And do I smell contradiction here or something? You said criticism is fine yet

>But atleast i don't come here in the forums crying like a 12y old about how mad i am for not having the things the way i wanted.
>People are here just to annoy and hate, i don't see any other reason for it.

and its like you're not fine with the criticism either. To be frank with you, elitists are those people who want some godlike perfection with no goddamn flaws(That as if that kind of shit exists), sure that may be immature because every single anime has freaking flaws. But getting annoyed at them and the redundant criticism, heck one should seriously aware of it because it's MAL, is way more immature just because you're not dealing with it. You're also crying on their criticism and you already know yourself that they're simply just to annoy and hate yet you get yourself baited. How about this, don't get annoyed and for the love of God, deal it with? Maybe by that those kind of people will lessen?

And I do agree with you that bashing anime just simply because it's by 8-bit is being narrow-minded but don't compare Rewrite's popularity to Planetarian's. Rewrite is WAY WAY MORE HYPED than Planetarian so it's really freaking obvious that lots of people will check stuff here, includes elitist.

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.