Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2016 9:04 PM

Apr 2013
Very interesting. It was hard not to expect something similar to Baccano, but I'm glad that it's quite different after all. A slower-paced, darker-toned gangster story. Now I don't know what to expect, but I'm looking forward to more!
Jul 8, 2016 9:26 PM
Feb 2015
I really love the dark theme this anime has.
cant wait to see how angelo gets his revenge,also he's very smart ;)
Jul 8, 2016 9:37 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
I generally don't investigate the upcoming season before it begins airing. Instead, I watch ep 1 of everything. That keeps me from building up unrealistic expectations in my mind and lets me judge the series on its own merits.

I've got to say, this was definitely surprising and fresh in comparison to other anime, but at the same time, cozy (thanks to the music) and authentic (the backgrounds, wardrobe, and props all feel very Prohibition America). And I think 91 Days can be just as authentic and real and visceral as an American-made mob flick, yet still show us the human, albeit less than virtuous, side of the characters.

I'm really interested in seeing how Bruno's character plays out. I think there's more to him than just living for vengeance. If that defines him entirely, I will be disappointed.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Jul 8, 2016 9:41 PM

May 2013
great first ep, think this will be one of the best shows this season.
Jul 8, 2016 10:07 PM

Aug 2015
I loved the first episode, I love the darker kind of anime's and this seems to be going down than route which makes me very interested, looking forward to see where this anime is going to take itself.
Jul 8, 2016 10:25 PM
Oct 2010
Story is pretty cliche so far, but I'm pretty interested in the bootlegging/Moonshine angle they are showing. Episode was good regardless.
Jul 8, 2016 10:30 PM

Nov 2012
that was a quite intriguing episode i guess, should be interesting to see where they will take this. that cliche psycho smile at the beginning was so unnecessary though lol
Jul 8, 2016 11:06 PM

Jan 2013
Impressive episode, don't see opening credits like that much in anime.
Hopefully the story holds up
Jul 8, 2016 11:36 PM

May 2010
It's fine for the first 8 minutes then it feels so loooong & har......maybe I'm not into mafia themed anime.
Jul 9, 2016 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting stuff, liked the setting, tone of it. Looking forward to this more. Mc is cool but hope for more characterization other than just revenge stuff
Jul 9, 2016 12:46 AM
Dec 2015
Loved Avilio in the starting scene and that intense scene at the bar was too good.
Really looking forward to this.
Jul 9, 2016 12:57 AM

Mar 2016
DOPE START WTF (❤ω❤)
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Jul 9, 2016 1:00 AM

Sep 2009
I wasn't expecting to like 91 days this much. But after watching the first episode, I have high hopes for this one. Thrilling plot and setting, lovely music, and interesting characters.

I think Angelo might turn out to be one hell of a character. The murder of his family and what happened in the 7 years after screwed him over. The ease at which he charms and manipulates people (like how he got Colteo to sell the moonshine eventually), combined with his thirst for revenge, makes for a dangerous personality. I wouldn't be surprised if Colteo dies in the later episodes because of him.
Jul 9, 2016 1:12 AM

Oct 2015
Wow. Fave pilot episode so far. I love the vibe it gives off, and the MC, and the whole setting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2016 1:21 AM
Mar 2015
MarikGr said:
the ED alone is a 10/10 , good start :)

Pretty sure that if they have the opening in the next episode it will be a certain 10/10 as well, since the opening is done by TK from ling tosite sigure.
Jul 9, 2016 1:54 AM

Dec 2013
The art was alright, the story was your typical tragedy fueled revenge fare, but my god that soundtrack was friggin' amazing! Felt like I was watching the Godfather all over again!

I don't think the story is gonna end well, but at the same time I'm excited to see how it unfolds.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 9, 2016 2:09 AM

Dec 2014
Art is great, story I like so far, OST damn son.

This show really needs an English dub- it's asking for one with the romanized credits and all.
I need sleep.
Jul 9, 2016 2:24 AM

Jul 2013
mudri said:
Shimai_ni said:
No opening? Don't do this to me, I waited so patiently for a longer-that-15-seconds-version of Signal from TK from Ling Tosite Sigure... Aside from that everything was perfect, can't wait for the next episode xD

This too. I'm not a big fan of him as a soloist, but he can put together a good OP.

Same. When those three play something together it always sounds amazing. I wonder why is he still publishing solo albums instead of group ones.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jul 9, 2016 2:58 AM

Aug 2015
That's what I was hoping for. Perfectly atmospheric, nice characters and it looks like this show is going to be a lot of fun.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Jul 9, 2016 3:20 AM
Jan 2015
This is one of the best premieres this season. I love how this episode set up the freakin' gloomy atmosphere all through out. And oh, Angelo is a badass.

PS: Here's my blog and I began blogging Spring 2016 shows. Thanks for paying a visit!
Jul 9, 2016 3:54 AM

Dec 2015
Wow this was a great first episode. I am also very interested in this from all the stories my dad has told me about the mafia. He was born during the great depression, so he is really old. Then he got involved in the mafia (one rank below the Don) in New York during the 50's up to the late 80's. So he used to tell me all the crazy stories like this and all the mob bosses he and my mom knew, and all the jobs they used to do back in the day. I think I am going to try to get him to watch this. He would probably like it too :P.
Jul 9, 2016 3:55 AM
Jan 2016
OMG!!! signal by TK!!!

i need the opening soo bad!!! one heck of a singer!!!

btw, good start to a drama series...

Music goes so well with the theme of the show!
Jul 9, 2016 4:07 AM
Feb 2016
Cejara said:
Wow this was a great first episode. I am also very interested in this from all the stories my dad has told me about the mafia. He was born during the great depression, so he is really old. Then he got involved in the mafia (one rank below the Don) in New York during the 50's up to the late 80's. So he used to tell me all the crazy stories like this and all the mob bosses he and my mom knew, and all the jobs they used to do back in the day. I think I am going to try to get him to watch this. He would probably like it too :P.

please allow me to quote.
That's really thrilling!! I'm very curious what kind of impression a person who knows the real thing will have!
Jul 9, 2016 4:19 AM

Mar 2016
Loved the episode. Got to be the best premiere among other anime I'm watched this season so far. Definitely continuing this :D

That smile kinda reminded of Yagami Light for some reason haha.

Jul 9, 2016 4:24 AM

Jul 2013
Woah, I'm so glad someone recommended this anime to me. I didn't have it it on my "to watch list" for this season even though I love most mafia anime (just didn't see it in the roster for some reason). But this first episode was, together with Arslan Senki S2, the best introduction I've seen. Much better than some of the other shows I wished to see very badly (cough Handa-kun)

5/5, no discussion needed. If there was a manga, I would read it NOW.
...the wait for the next episode will make me insane >_>
Jul 9, 2016 4:50 AM

Jun 2013
oh man that was fucking awesome and when the credits rolled at the middle it felt like watching a crime film
Jul 9, 2016 5:00 AM

Jun 2012
MissPsychoholic said:
Woah, I'm so glad someone recommended this anime to me. I didn't have it it on my "to watch list" for this season even though I love most mafia anime (just didn't see it in the roster for some reason). But this first episode was, together with Arslan Senki S2, the best introduction I've seen. Much better than some of the other shows I wished to see very badly (cough Handa-kun)

5/5, no discussion needed. If there was a manga, I would read it NOW.
...the wait for the next episode will make me insane >_>

so far no manga news, but the official page mentioned there would be some sort of spin-off novel (2?¿) that would be released in autumn I think

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jul 9, 2016 5:50 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a good starting episode and its surprising to see an anime that uses such a dark theme as the prohibition era as its setting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2016 5:51 AM

Oct 2015
Western style Mafia anime? What's not to like. The opening episode was interesting.
The characters also looked promising.
Albi-kun said:
Main character isn't a pushover. He showed some nice moves.

I like that too.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 9, 2016 6:04 AM

Jan 2016
What's up with the credits coming up in the middle of the episode lmao
anyway, pretty good start, i have high hopes for this show.
Jul 9, 2016 7:52 AM

Feb 2016
What is happening? I'm confused af
Jul 9, 2016 8:07 AM

Sep 2014
Not exactly sure what Im supposed to care about here.
Jul 9, 2016 8:34 AM

Apr 2011
Was much different than what i expected, also synopsis changed.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Jul 9, 2016 8:41 AM
Feb 2015
The OST reminds me of the Godfather trilogy.
Jul 9, 2016 9:15 AM

May 2012
Great 1st episode. One of the best in the season
Jul 9, 2016 9:16 AM

Jun 2009
Very good first episode. I really like the feel of this, reminds me of Baccano and I loved Baccano. Very interested to see how this develops and how they recreate this prohibition era.

Can't wait for the next episode
Jul 9, 2016 9:18 AM

May 2016
I watched first episode. A past of Angelo is "darker than black". I think 5/5 is not enough :).
Angelo or Avilo?
Jul 9, 2016 9:52 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty damn cool, main character seems fun. That bar scene was a little ridiculous though, I'm pretty sure anyone would understand that alcohol is flammable and that the people throwing it want to set them on fire
Jul 9, 2016 10:26 AM

Jun 2013
That was an absolutely amazing start!
Now im just hoping this doesnt turn out like Joker Game
Jul 9, 2016 10:52 AM

Jun 2016
this looks like it could be the best season so far? besides shokugeki of course...

those two are both badass on their own..
Jul 9, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2016
bobzanny said:
Prohibition era huh? Can't go wrong the moonshine, hopefully they also show nascar.

Good start, sad about the mother and sister. Wonder how far into the future the first scene was in comparatively. Also seems like the friend is going to die.

Yeah, I'm pretty much sure of it. That world is not for cowards. You have to be strong & badass to survive that kind of Mafia world.
Jul 9, 2016 11:51 AM

Aug 2015
This was a good episode ... The characters are interesting, with interesting and obscure past, the songs are cool, really enjoyed it.
Jul 9, 2016 12:21 PM
Mar 2016
Prohibition era huh? Not bad, but the setting is wrong, they should have set it in the US the Prohibition era really did occurred.
Jul 9, 2016 1:00 PM
Mar 2016
It looks cool and it reminds me s bit of Baccano, but i don't expect much, we're probably just getting a revenge plot with little to zero character development for the MC (who looks just like a typical self insert cool guy) anyway, it's cool and it will probably be quite entertaining
Jul 9, 2016 1:05 PM
Feb 2016
Whoahoho said:
Prohibition era huh? Not bad, but the setting is wrong, they should have set it in the US the Prohibition era really did occurred.

It seems that it IS set in the US, just the town is fictional. Well, as the creators are Japanese, it may not look like the US though...
Jul 9, 2016 1:52 PM

Apr 2011
Such an amazing first episode the story is very intriguing and I want more
5/5
Jul 9, 2016 1:53 PM

Dec 2015
KolmeDG said:
Cejara said:

That's really thrilling!! I'm very curious what kind of impression a person who knows the real thing will have!

He said that seems pretty accurate of what happens in the mob. Especially all the different alliances trying to get to people with goods or services for profit before the other "family" does. During my dads era it was the vending machine racket where the vendors paid the mob for protection. He said its the same principle for the bootlegging era too and that seemed pretty accurate. Although he said that crazy guy would never go into an opposing factions place causing a ruckus like that that can start a war.
Jul 9, 2016 2:09 PM

Aug 2013
atmospheric, proactive & complex main character, interesting cast, interesting world + it looks good. the first episode was masterful. best anime of the season right now, but can it maintain this quality?
Jul 9, 2016 2:19 PM
Feb 2016

He said that seems pretty accurate of what happens in the mob. Especially all the different alliances trying to get to people with goods or services for profit before the other "family" does. During my dads era it was the vending machine racket where the vendors paid the mob for protection. He said its the same principle for the bootlegging era too and that seemed pretty accurate. Although he said that crazy guy would never go into an opposing factions place causing a ruckus like that that can start a war.

Thank you for letting me know your father's words! I don't know so much about those things, so I'm surprised to know that the story is following the reality to some extent. Those exciting info from you cheers me up! (Now I'll try even harder to do my best in background painting. I hope that the story will develop in good way...)
KolmeDGJul 9, 2016 2:36 PM
Jul 9, 2016 2:31 PM

Aug 2015
Love the intro and end credits. Toned down and classy - fits the somber mood. Makes it feel more like a feature film than an anime series.
Love the theme of vendetta. Love the historical setting. Art style is pretty great too.
A lot of people have noted the similar feel to Baccano and Joker Game already. I'm excited for where this show is headed.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.