Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 3, 2016 7:01 PM

Dec 2014
I was seriously thinking a real fight but ohh well.... It seems they will go to the fututre
Jul 3, 2016 7:22 PM

Nov 2008
HA, I FUCKING NAILED IT!!! Yay Future Mai is still alive, can't wait to see more Mai next week.
Jul 3, 2016 7:34 PM

Nov 2011
You know, Black is already fighting well against SS2 Goku without even going super saiyan himself, I think that speak quite a bit about how strong he can really be. He probably haven't figured out how to do it yet, but its gonna happen eventually.

Jul 3, 2016 8:18 PM

Apr 2014
So black is someone possessing Goku in normal form. He can't replicate the Saiyan forms without first witnessing it.
Jul 3, 2016 8:51 PM

Jan 2016
its all for plot.... and we love it

Jul 3, 2016 9:03 PM

Jan 2015
Awesome episode! But, why can't they just get all the dragon balls and whish to get another time machine...

I like the new ending, and
PLEASE! YES!
Jul 4, 2016 5:09 AM

Jan 2013
Nice episode, Im loving the animation
Jul 4, 2016 10:36 AM
Mar 2016
Good: It seem like there's an actual plot. Also Bulma finding the old time machine is awesome.
Bad: Animation shitty and cheap als always. Still preferring GT's animation over Super.
Jul 4, 2016 3:08 PM

May 2012
Episode was OK. I dislike the Mai being relevant in this ARC. I think Pillaf and his gang should have died long ago.

Devil_Slayer said:
It's very rare for DB to have even a plot o_0 this black guy seems interesting my guess that he's passed goku after fusing with dark spirit ? or he fused with kaioshin ?

trunks said that black was stronger in the future , well yeah he beated the shit out of trunks who was on par with SS2 goku , still he's no match for either goku or vegeta at this point

and mai is alive !! yes !!!

this is the first time i am looking fowrad for DB usually it's just a dude's punching each other

You never payed much attention to the series right?
DB always had a plot even if you didn't like it. The original Dragon Ball had the search for the dragon balls, then tournament, the Red Ribbon and in the end was all about Piccolo's revival.

Dragon Ball Z had the story of the Sayans which is when we discover Goku's origin. We had Frieza's saga and then the saga of the androids which had a lot of mysteries involving Cell. (this new new Goku Black's saga doesn't have anything more than Cell's saga). And obviously Majin Boo saga.

The difference between the older DBs and DB Super is that the older ones had better fights and the plot had less unnecessary things (like the return of Pilaf and Mai)
I despise woke people.
Jul 4, 2016 3:31 PM

Aug 2014
Damn the mystery of Black is just getting more and more interesting as it goes on, just WHO is he?
Jul 4, 2016 4:18 PM

Jun 2015
Boring ep. not much happened.
Jul 4, 2016 7:27 PM

Dec 2015
Light-Yagami-God said:

This is why we never get nice things. Not much happened? You must be drunk while watching.
Fellaini is God
Jul 4, 2016 7:29 PM

Jun 2015
kwonshin said:
Light-Yagami-God said:

This is why we never get nice things. Not much happened? You must be drunk while watching.

The fight was boring tho.
Jul 4, 2016 7:32 PM

Dec 2015
Light-Yagami-God said:
kwonshin said:

Because the plot demands it. Had Black can stay forever on Present time, the fight will continue and he'll kept getting stronger which in conjunction made Goku fight more serious. But no, the plot demanded that the fight need to stop quickly because Black being sucked back to Future timeline. TL;DR you can't ask better for 10 minutes fight, especially if we compare it to let's say Goku vs Hit which take 3 episodes. The fight on this Ep already serves it purpose.
Fellaini is God
Jul 4, 2016 7:40 PM

Jun 2015
kwonshin said:
Light-Yagami-God said:

Because the plot demands it. Had Black can stay forever on Present time, the fight will continue and he'll kept getting stronger which in conjunction made Goku fight more serious. But no, the plot demanded that the fight need to stop quickly because Black being sucked back to Future timeline. TL;DR you can't ask better for 10 minutes fight, especially if we compare it to let's say Goku vs Hit which take 3 episodes. The fight on this Ep already serves it purpose.

Yeah bruh agree with you on that, my bad.
Jul 5, 2016 1:22 AM

Sep 2011
Black Goku is clean af.

And to the people saying Mai is irrelevant, Trunks deserves to get his dick wet. Dude is like the last man on earth now.
Jul 5, 2016 3:10 AM

Jun 2013
the new Ed sucks and future Mai is alive yes!! that was a nice fight at the beginning
Jul 5, 2016 5:56 AM

Nov 2014
I don't really like thinking too much about theories regarding fiction but I feel like this DBS arc is deserving of some. I believe Black is Goku's dead body being controlled by the heart disease that had killed him in Mirai Trunks's timeline and almost did the same in the present one. It has always been known that he got that mysterious sickness from some kind of space virus, one which could very well be a parasite that weakens its host to the point of being able to fully control its body, if not outright kill its consciousness completely while only keeping other bodily functions other than the brain alive.
From then, the space thingy could just have stolen the potara earring and ring of time from one of the Kaioshin. It is worthy of note that Black uses only one potara, which means he is fused with no other individual.
ScrubEmperorJul 5, 2016 6:00 AM
Nothing to see here.
Jul 5, 2016 6:02 AM

Nov 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
You know, Black is already fighting well against SS2 Goku without even going super saiyan himself, I think that speak quite a bit about how strong he can really be. He probably haven't figured out how to do it yet, but its gonna happen eventually.
I might be wrong, but I think that when Black raised his ki for the first time and got the black aura, he already had gone SSJ2. Even though his appearance didn't change. Maybe that is because, since he is obviously not your everyday saiyajin (I'd say impure), his appearance doesn't change when he powers up to a new form.
Nothing to see here.
Jul 5, 2016 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
ScrubEmperor said:
KaiserNazrin said:
I might be wrong, but I think that when Black raised his ki for the first time and got the black aura, he already had gone SSJ2. Even though his appearance didn't change. Maybe that is because, since he is obviously not your everyday saiyajin (I'd say impure), his appearance doesn't change when he powers up to a new form.

That's like saying Kaioken is super saiyan form. No hair colors changing =/= not super saiyan. This is Dragonball, everyone changes appearance when they power up.

Jul 5, 2016 10:03 AM

Nov 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
ScrubEmperor said:

That's like saying Kaioken is super saiyan form. No hair colors changing =/= not super saiyan. This is Dragonball, everyone changes appearance when they power up.

Like Hit for example?
Nothing to see here.
Jul 5, 2016 12:18 PM

Apr 2013
The art was horrendous in the second half, bad Toei :(
Fight was nothing special imo, and Pilaf moments are always just time-consuming filler.
Jul 5, 2016 6:15 PM

Mar 2009
Really enjoying this arc so far. And we keep getting more and more information about Goku Black.
Jul 5, 2016 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
LOL how the fuck did Mai survive a ki blast from Black? It was ludicrous enough that her body didn't disintegrate but her showing any signs of life is a massive plot hole. I'm not even that fussed about power levels but a regular human being shouldn't be able to survive a ki blast from someone as weak as Raditz let alone someone as strong as Black.

The animation was dipping a bit again too but this might be the best we can hope for.
Jul 5, 2016 9:54 PM

Nov 2011
ScrubEmperor said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Like Hit for example?

Well, did Hit go Super Saiyan? You are saying Black went super saiyan without changing his hair color so you should give provide an example of saiyan that do such thing.

Jul 5, 2016 10:37 PM
Jan 2015
Animation game has stepped up. Wish Black and Goku fought longer though probably just hyping up for later in the arc when they both go all out.

If I were to give any speculation when Future Goku died and then ended up visiting Kai that seems to hate everything and they ended up using the potara earrings against Goku's will.
Jul 6, 2016 1:40 AM

Aug 2008
Hmm, pretty sweet episode.

Considering Whis & Beerus said only a Kaioshin could use that ring I definitely believe it's a Kaioshin who's ways have twisted, possibly like others have suggested due to the destruction of their own universe by Zeno, that has stolen Goku's body upon escaping their universe's destruction and arriving Trunks point in time in his universe.
Also Black stated after being force-returned to the future that now he's finally memorized goku's fighting style into his body from that fight. One would think if he were Goku he would know his own fighting style. So that could also explain that it isnt actually Goku from the future necessarily.

Considering how weak a lot of the Kaioshin that we have seen over the history of DB have been in terms of FIGHTING power it wouldn't be a far reach to assume that in an act of desperation to gain power that they lacked at the time of their universe's destruction, they looked into people who may have previously been some of the most powerful fighters of all time, i.e. Goku and Vegeta. Of course Goku consistantly outclasses vegeta, so he's the wiser choice. Also explains how they know of Vegeta as well.

But, the problem? Goku's heart disease killed him in trunks timeline. So is there a possible solution?
I think its possible the kaioshin or whoever it is may have put the other earing on Goku's body and fused with him in order to gain the optimal fighting body.
Kaioshin do have a little bit of godly powers to them, so he may have been able to semi-restore Goku's body to a near functional state and use their powers to essentially jumpstart the heart and organs of Goku's dead body which obviously no longer houses Goku's soul, therefore its an empty vessel. By doing so it could possibly have allowed for him to use the Potara earings to fuse with Goku's body and have full control.
However, the price is the constant pain of Goku's failing heart which was never cured, and the only thing keeping the body from falling apart is in fact the life-force/spirit energy of the a Kaioshin since they do have powers above that of most beings.

So how is he constantly getting stronger everytime he takes damage? Well, remember Saiyans get exponentially stronger everytime they survive near death damage.
Now what would happen if you have a borderline dead body being constantly kept alive by the power/energy of a Kaioshin, while it keeps taking a beating? Thus the increases in power everytime Black starts getting his ass beat.

"Oh, but they haven't mentioned that in Dragon Ball/Z/Super for ages, why would they do that"
No, maybe they haven't but the fact that Toriyama decided to even bring back the time machine Cell used that bulma stored away back in the day, gives me hope that he may be returning to some of the roots of the show while developing this new content.

Just a theory though.

Anyway, glad Mai is still alive! Looks like we're headed back to the future next episode with the return of the time machine Cell used to go to Trunks timeline since the androids were already killed in his. It makes me really fucking happy to see Toriyama remembered that he had bulma store away that time machine after they found it in the main timeline. Thats awesome. If goku and vegeta dont hold back now that theyve seen Black in action (not gonna happen though) they could totally wipe him out before he increases his strength more through fights.

Also, I really want to see Trunks catch up, and also increase his strength now that he's with Goku and Vegeta again, also Gohan did state before the tournament that he wanted to get retrained by piccolo again so maybe we'll see another Father-Son dynamic like we did in the cellgames/hyperbolic time chamber days with Goku & Vegeta and sons. Might be neat.

Either way I'm looking forward to next episode quite a bit!
Jul 6, 2016 3:08 AM

Oct 2008
We have new ED! they should also plan for a new better OP!
where the heck did Bulma got another time machine!?
and Mai is still alive! thank god!
Son Goku should not underestimate Goku Black because just like Hit, Goku Black can power-up and grow and improve with very little time span!
5/5.
matias067Jul 6, 2016 1:14 PM

Jul 9, 2016 2:32 PM

Feb 2008
matias067 said:

where the heck did Bulma got another machine!?

Go watch Dragon Ball Z and you will have your answer.
Jul 10, 2016 12:21 AM

Aug 2012
I like Black more than Goku. He's like Bardock but more awesome >:D

Seems like he powered up after feeling pain or getting hit. Looking forward to next battle with Black again, be it Goku or Vegeta.
Jul 10, 2016 5:57 AM

Apr 2015
A short battle against Black which was amazing imo. Seems like black has got some kind of heart disease or something like that because a kick like that won't hurt so much I think.

The Kaioshin thing seems pretty interesting with the ring of time.
Jul 16, 2016 5:25 AM

May 2014
There are still many mysteries about Black Goku that have to be solved, Can't wait to see what happened next. I also agree the fight between Goku and Black Goku were a bit shot, but I guess they did it to save it for the big battle later. Yup, Black Goku is creep. Who is so obsessed of the power of another person. I guess there must be a link between them otherwise it makes very less sense.

It could also be that the Black Goku were a part of Goku when he had the heart disease, which would explain why he is grabbing his chest so many times in this ep,

Cool to see that future Mai is still alive and kicking otherwise it would really be pointless to have her in the opening.

I like that they make most of the ep. funny with the jokes of the Pilaf gang and Whis/Beerus's obsession with food. Haha, makes the series more enjoyable.
Aug 25, 2016 12:22 PM
Dec 2010
That second time machine was really clever. But can Shenron repair the broken one?

They can now find the Super Dragon Balls and wish "We want to know who this Black guy is. Also, kill him".

It would be funny if Black Goku had connection to Adjutant Black from Red Ribbon Army.
Nov 16, 2016 6:35 PM

Jul 2009
But why can't they just use the dragon balls to fix the time machine...
Nov 17, 2016 6:20 PM

Jun 2013
What ending ridiculous! It looks like ecchi anime music.
Dec 10, 2016 2:40 PM

Mar 2010
And sometimes the future shit is boring, but on this note I hope there is more mystery to this.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 23, 2017 12:38 PM

Dec 2015
Yaaaay future Mai is alive!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 12, 2017 4:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Goku Vs. Black, was a boring fight!!! Also, this fight did Black stronger!!!
May 24, 2019 1:26 AM

Jan 2013
Mirror match; what an original idea!
This has never been done in the history of anything!
Jul 20, 2019 9:53 PM

Dec 2012
Goku realizes he traveled through time.
Whis tells Beers to look at Goku's hand.
Goku knows Beers.
lol at Goku saying the earlier bird gets the worm.
Goku looking at Goku.
Goku wishes to know what it'd be like fighting Goku in his body?
Goku vs Goku.
Goku sends Goku flying back.
Goku goes SSJ2.
lol at Pilaf and co. sitting and watching.
Dat double face punch.
Not Goku?
Goku finds out about the time machine.
Goku is being pulled back.
Goku destroys the time machine.
Goku gets sent back in the portal.
Goku was just a little bit stronger in the future.
The time ring is from a Kaioshin?
Bulma found the time machine.
Mai is alive? Bullshit.

New ED song is good. Just didn't expect it for DB.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 30, 2021 5:45 AM

Jun 2019
The fight was amazing. Also, Mai is alive?
Dec 12, 2022 5:07 AM

Nov 2020
I wonder who this Goku Black fella really is!
Jan 7, 2:13 PM

Jan 2021
We just happen to have 1 more super exspensive and rare time machine!
Jan 14, 1:51 PM

Feb 2014
Glad Mai is alive (yeah, the opening would suggest she would have a big role in this arc, bit still, you can never trust them 100%).

Lol, lmao, no one thought that maybe black would target the time machine and tried to protect it?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2017

58 by Hayley2877 »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 72 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

64 by Hayley2877 »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.