Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2016 6:15 AM

Apr 2015
the ending was good but not good enough...
like everybody said, everything become bad when Biba shows up...
that scene when Ikoma stop a train by using force... lol
the show is a trainwreck but at least the Koutetsujyo didn't wreck till the end...
Jul 2, 2016 6:18 AM

May 2014
Laionidas said:
Doommaker said:
This show is getting quite a bit too much hate, considering how solid it was in the first half. I rate it an 8/10 overall, (9/10 on my profile just to raise the show's score).
jgomezg said:
Well, I suppose it's the hype backlash that is to blame. You shouldn't expect much out of bandwagons, either way.

It's not just hype backlash, this show suffers tremendously from hipster ratings as well.

People hand it 3/10's because of the plot, yet the same people give SnK a 10/10, which just barely touches on anything of a plot. Others give it a 4/10 because of the supposed 'Biba trainwreck', yet shows like BokuMachi still score a solid 8.7. Then there are those criticising the show's originality, yet Code Geass R2 is still in the top twelve of top anime on MAL.

KnK is a very straightforward show, but does that quite well. Personally I think an 8/10 is fair, but opinions differ, and I can get behind anything from a 5 to a 9. However, the large number of scores in the 1-4 range are just pretentiousness, that's it.

That doesn't make any sense.

If I gave this show a 3/10 then why am I being pretentious?

I ignored the superficial aspects, and judged this show on it's execution and more important elements.
Jul 2, 2016 6:23 AM

Apr 2011
I felt that it was rushed, but it's a decent series overall.

8/10

Jul 2, 2016 6:37 AM

Jan 2014
Chickened said:

I ignored the superficial aspects, and judged this show on it's execution and more important elements.

Because execution flaws rarely warrant rating a show thát low, unless it's completely fubar, and I've yet to see anyone actually elaborate on the 'more important elements'.

I'm not saying this show deserves a 7+ or 8+ from everyone, I just feel like most people rating this show 4-, would normally have rated it around a 5, if it hadn't been for the day one comparisons with SnK, and if it had been a bit more pseudo intellectual in its presentation.

There're those that have been ranting on about how bad this show is since episode one or two, yet continued to watch it till the very end. Seriously, why?

Or maybe it's just me. For me a show can be good, bad, or anything in between. As such, I sort off expect other people to use the full range of the rating spectrum (1-10) too, and not just the top and bottom numbers.
LaionidasJul 2, 2016 6:48 AM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 2, 2016 6:40 AM

Jun 2015
I liked it more before Biba came tbh.
Jul 2, 2016 6:51 AM

Oct 2015
This show was good imo. A bit rushed the ending, but quite intense, even after Biba showed and it was human vs human. It had a nice plot and i would love to see an OVA or even another season of what happens next.
Let's have fun :D
Jul 2, 2016 7:20 AM

Apr 2011
Laionidas said:
Doommaker said:
This show is getting quite a bit too much hate, considering how solid it was in the first half. I rate it an 8/10 overall, (9/10 on my profile just to raise the show's score).
jgomezg said:
Well, I suppose it's the hype backlash that is to blame. You shouldn't expect much out of bandwagons, either way.

It's not just hype backlash, this show suffers tremendously from hipster ratings as well.

People hand it 3/10's because of the plot, yet the same people give SnK a 10/10, which just barely touches on anything of a plot. Others give it a 4/10 because of the supposed 'Biba trainwreck', yet shows like BokuMachi still score a solid 8.7. Then there are those criticising the show's originality, yet Code Geass R2 is still in the top twelve of top anime on MAL.

KnK is a very straightforward show, but does that quite well. Personally I think an 8/10 is fair, but opinions differ, and I can get behind anything from a 5 to a 9. However, the large number of scores in the 1-4 range are just pretentiousness, that's it.

/DON'T LOOK, TOO MUCH TRUTH IN ONE POST. AURGH.

The ending was rushed, Biba was s o r t of annoying, but all villainous types like him are. The happy ending was earned imo, and a pleasant surprise.

Anyone complaining about 'relationships'( which were seriously subdued btw. why complain?) supposedly cropping up out of no where have obviously ignored previous episodes... not to mention if they had bothered to develop them more 'realistically' (taken a long ass time) you same yokels would be screeching about how it was weird for this kind of show/stupid waste of time, etc.

I, for one, am happy with how it ended, and how the characters themselves ended up. It made sense (as much as an anime about steampunk samurai and zombies hybrids could anyway.) and I applaud the anime staff for not going for a super downer ending and giving us some sense of closure.

8/10 (was originally a 7/10, but the animation/design gives it an extra bump.)
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jul 2, 2016 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
final episode a little too rushed, but overall the anime series has managed to get by despite having shown its limits for a long. The series, which began not with the best auspices, after so much hype convincing pulliciario, has proved not a flop, but a half disappointment, even graphically the WIT study has been able to maintain a high level from start to finish, but there are were some ups and downs in the quality of the drawings and animations. The narrative was decent during the lively stages, but mediocre when it passed in the most static phases of history. Excellent but the soundtrack, as was also seen in the last episode.
Summing up, I would give it 7/10 as a vote, thanks to the drawings and the soundtrack, otherwise I would have given only 6/10.
Jul 2, 2016 8:12 AM

Nov 2013
Well, Biba, when the Loli says stop, then you stop, otherwise you die.

It was a good conclusion. I like the expressions Blondie and Biba made, when they realized that Ikoma is still alive.

Ikoma killing Blondie and the fight with Biba was cool and satisfying. The final moment between Biba and Mumei was kind of touching.

Overall it was a good show with a bit of messed up second half.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 2, 2016 8:19 AM
Dec 2014
Expect more of S2 if there's going to be one.
The OST and Animations were pretty good, though the story was boring. I would prefer AOT continuing
Jul 2, 2016 8:19 AM

Apr 2015
Animation hit an expected high this week, screenplay too
All the rest was...I'm not saying what everybody else has said

OK, I've pulled through
BrandNew_Lanz said:
The first episode was very good although if it goes bad it will really fall through the ground as it's just overwhelmingly ambitious. They need to be inch perfect
They've failed.
I don't think this is quite as appalling as some say, it's vaguely enjoyable, but it has, well, successfully disappointed. Last gasp compliment on the production, they did an ace job. Every other department deserves a bollocking. Not much more to say, 4-5/10 probably
BrandNew_Lanz said:
Watching this feels a bit like listening to the Yoshimi album.
Sorry Wayne!
Jul 2, 2016 8:59 AM

May 2014
Laionidas said:
Chickened said:

Because execution flaws rarely warrant rating a show thát low, unless it's completely fubar, and I've yet to see anyone actually elaborate on the 'more important elements'.

I'm not saying this show deserves a 7+ or 8+ from everyone, I just feel like most people rating this show 4-, would normally have rated it around a 5, if it hadn't been for the day one comparisons with SnK, and if it had been a bit more pseudo intellectual in its presentation.

There're those that have been ranting on about how bad this show is since episode one or two, yet continued to watch it till the very end. Seriously, why?

Or maybe it's just me. For me a show can be good, bad, or anything in between. As such, I sort off expect other people to use the full range of the rating spectrum (1-10) too, and not just the top and bottom numbers.

I've seen many people already debunk this series.

Because it's a train-wreck. To see the spectacle fall from a fine show to a very bad one is interesting to see. Do you know what writing is? This show doesn't know such a term. There's a difference between being entertained and actually liking what the show is about.
Jul 2, 2016 9:08 AM

Jun 2013
Soooo can I rate the two halves separately? I personally loved everything up through episode 6 (when they fought the black smoke). It was everything I had wanted in AoT without any of the shitty pacing or weird conflicts, easy 8/10. Second half was abject garbage and I'd probably give it 3/10 or 4/10. How to split the difference D:
Jul 2, 2016 9:14 AM

May 2016
Quirkiness101 said:
Soooo can I rate the two halves separately? I personally loved everything up through episode 6 (when they fought the black smoke). It was everything I had wanted in AoT without any of the shitty pacing or weird conflicts, easy 8/10. Second half was abject garbage and I'd probably give it 3/10 or 4/10. How to split the difference D:

In my opinion, the second half is more important than the first because it includes both the meat and the conclusion of the show, so do this:

(8 + (4/2))/2 = 5
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 2, 2016 11:11 AM

Oct 2014
I feel like the the show suffered a little bit because SNK has a higher priority. The pacing was completely fine until the final episode. This episode felt kind of...rushed. Like there was about two or three episode's worth of content in one episode. It was enjoyable, but I feel like it would have been executed a little bit better if it was given a fair shot.

Overall though, I really enjoyed this series. Despite the rushed finale, I think it was very good. Would love to see an OVA or two for this series in the future. Not sure what they would be able to do for another full season, but if they can pull it off, then I'd be up for that aswell.
Jul 2, 2016 11:32 AM

Apr 2014
My thoughts of the final episode and the anime overall:
Damn it! That was an intense final fight! But the finale was so damn rushed too!
Well, at least it's very entertaining until the end, And I really liked it.
So I'll rate this anime an 8 (or 9?) out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 2, 2016 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
A well animated pile of shit. Besides being a embarrassing rip off of SnK (which was never that good anyways) it's boring and predictable. Edge lord bait but not edgy enough to kill anyone that is mildly important. Biba was a horrible mustache twirling cardboard cut out giving no reason for the audience to give a damn about him. Gadda love the edgy fringe ikoma has now to really get those angsty teens on the hype train(lol) Oh and letting non-inspected trains into the towns is still fucking absurd along with the 3 day rule. Everyone turns within a few moments of being bit so there's no reason for it. It feels like Tomino wrote this with how unrealistic the characters act. All the adults are evil man,so us kids gadda save the corrupted society! If I had to say a good thing about the show.........well at least I don't have to watch it anymore.
Jul 2, 2016 12:03 PM
Oct 2010

Once i had a "sister" who calls me onichan, but she was taken before i confess. this ani, gives me a second chance to find her (her name is Ann)

*i find out she's married , so guess i have to find another ;')

listening to Grenzlinie *cry a bucket

Best Anime? no.. best anime for me? Yes..
maybe this anime were meant for me (moncIKOMA) which is why not gonna work for everyone

because i can Love every little thing from it. . no matter how silly and dumb this show is..
"to Enjoy and to Judge a series is two different thing"

Special thanks :
#HaruhikoMikomoto
#SawanoHiroyuki
#Aimer
#WitStudio
#Egoist
#Chelly
#MikaKobayashi
#BenjaminAnderson
#TetsuroAraki
moncikomaJul 2, 2016 12:56 PM
Jul 2, 2016 12:09 PM

Dec 2012
Not a bad ending, I need a season 2, where they could discover the origin on the kabane
Jul 2, 2016 12:12 PM
Oct 2010
Cibeles said:
Not a bad ending, I need a season 2, where they could discover the origin on the kabane
Cibeles said:

its from europe .. so if there is season 2
european will be the enemy, or next destination
moncikomaJul 2, 2016 12:57 PM
Jul 2, 2016 12:58 PM

May 2015
Laionidas said:
Chickened said:

Laionidas said:
Doommaker said:
jgomezg said:

The only difference in why I rated SnK higher is the better action that actually managed to hype me while KnK's action apart for some parts sucks. I agree with you that hating Biba but loving SnK is quite hypocritical since the level of the antagonists is similar but don't worry I dislike them both equally. I also rated Boku Dake a 3 because it sucked at its most appealing element like KnK.
zalJul 2, 2016 1:01 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2016 2:39 PM

May 2015
So ok, Ikoma learned his 'new power" in no-time and without training,

Mumei DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK AT ALL ABOUT TAKUMI THAT BITCH,

OST were top notch though,

Biba was an asshole but he wanted to,
Mumei killed thousand of people and people can still say she's kind, lol

Ikoma should've died, i really like him but he doesn't deserve to be with Mumei,
he's too good and kind for her

Did she killed Biba ? SHE KILLED BIBA OMG, IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE SHE DID SOMETHING GOOD

I wanted to give this show 9/10, but the producers fucked up a interesting and good character, Mumei, into a stupid and naive one so 7/10
Jul 2, 2016 3:24 PM
Aug 2015
I dont know why some people dont get it. Tge red colored skin in ep 11 turn out to be the iron clotting in ikoma body. Why biba save ikoma? I dont know why but i know for sure biba dont intend to escape at the first place,and he just shot the white serum at the end before mumei stab him. And black serum gave kabaneri special power such as black thing for girl kabaneri. But special telekinetik field or whatever it is for ikoma and i think that consume his mind alot thats why kurusu ask him who he is to check if he is still ikoma or just plain kabane. Imo. I enjoyed it after all even though a bit rushed. And oh yeah ikoma fell a bit farther from mumei :D
Jul 2, 2016 3:45 PM

Mar 2009
That...was a surprisingly happy ending. Wasn't expecting that.

I'll never understand the hate for this show. It was a summer blockbuster anime in spring. Incredibly production values, as to be expected of Studio Wit and the same staff behind Attack on Titan. Really, this was a nice diversion while we wait for S2 of Attack on Titan. I'm glad they made it, and I'm glad the art/animation was a visual treat. All around fun show.

It's true the show went downhill once Biba arrived, but it still wasn't able to destroy the show. Biba was like Griffith, except with none of the character depth. If there had been more episodes, maybe we could have understood his motivations better. And maybe they could have fleshed his character out more. And because of that, there's a part of me that wished the show could have remained Ikoma, Mumei and the crew vs. the Kabane. Reminds me of how in later parts in the Attack on Titan manga, the story becomes humans vs. humans, instead of humans vs. the titans. It got boring then.

BTW, Ikoma's seiyuu is excellent. I know him from Ushio in Ushio and Tora, and I'm glad he's getting more roles. His acting is very emotional, real, and expressive. I hope he gets even more roles.

Anyway, good anime. 7/10
Jul 2, 2016 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
I loved it. I don't even care. I thought it was great. Maybe it was a bad adaptation, I have no idea, but as someone who hasn't read the source material I thought it was great.

9/10
Jul 2, 2016 4:10 PM

Feb 2016
Kabaneri was actually pretty enjoyable when it comes to the action scenes,the great OST and voice acting. The story was just decent I guess and it felt rushed in the end but I'm glad that Ikoma,Mumei,Kurusu and the rest of the crew survived this trip.
SilentSword114Jul 2, 2016 4:20 PM
Jul 2, 2016 4:18 PM

Aug 2011
Disappointing series overall. At first I thought it was another AoT but it branched out to do it's own thing until Biba arrived. I found him to be a boring villain and one that really dragged my interest down. Great music/OP but the flat characters and story killed it. This is an example that having pretty visuals isn't enough.
Jul 2, 2016 4:37 PM

Jul 2012
unmemorablehero said:
I loved it. I don't even care. I thought it was great. Maybe it was a bad adaptation, I have no idea, but as someone who hasn't read the source material I thought it was great.

9/10
It's original (manga began after the anime). Most people are upset because Biba, though I didn't mind him as I believe he brought some interesting conflict to the series after Kabane became a bit too easy to beat. The whole story was meant to be about Mumei's conflict anyway.
Jul 2, 2016 5:13 PM

Feb 2013
Phoebe3315 said:
unmemorablehero said:

9/10
It's original (manga began after the anime). Most people are upset because Biba, though I didn't mind him as I believe he brought some interesting conflict to the series after Kabane became a bit too easy to beat. The whole story was meant to be about Mumei's conflict anyway.
Ah I didn't realize it was original. Thank you. Well then I totally stand by my rating. I thought it was great.
Jul 2, 2016 5:55 PM

May 2013
They forgot about the fat guy tho? xd
Jul 2, 2016 7:37 PM
Jul 2014
Meh. I'll give this a solid 5/10 because I don't think the production deserves less than that, and there were some redeeming aspects, but overall this just became crap after Biba turned up. Although plot convenience that he decided to save Ikoma in the end.

I might give it another chance if it gets a second season, since many of the characters were likable (beforehand) but it just turned into a big Biba "I have daddy issues so I'll kill all of humanity" circle jerk towards the end, and I could have lived without that.
Jul 2, 2016 7:59 PM
Jun 2016
Yeah, 6/10. The series started really well, but after Biba, it all went south...
Jul 2, 2016 8:17 PM

Jul 2015
What a shame it had to go and become generic. 6/10
Jul 2, 2016 8:42 PM

Oct 2015
This was a really fun show, it really needs another season! The music in that last episode was great.
Jul 2, 2016 8:46 PM

Apr 2015
Laionidas said:

I gave it a 4/10 though I not a "critic". First of all you're being salty over the hate against this show and are too afraid to accept the truth.

Biggest things I hate about this show:

- Extremely unbearable characters, made the show torture to watch. I'm not even kidding but there was not a single decent character in this series, it had all kind of retards. Characters are the most important thing that set my mood for an anime.

- Not original, almost to the point that it felt copied. Therefore one of the best parts of watching anime which is the "starting feel" felt boring and uninteresting to me. Yup, I didn't even like the starting episode.

- Compared to SnK, action is mediocre at best. SnK had my blood pumped up in every fight. However, this was bland in every aspect.

- 2 good OSTs that I noticed while SnK was crowded with amazing OSTs.

- Personal opinion but I don't like the art style/character designs.

- Characters felt unnatural, even their development seemed awkward to watch. At one moment they'd act all serious/"trying to act mature" and the next moment surprisingly retarded.

- Pacing issues as everyone mentioned.

- ........... Biba ............. (Boring plot execution)

- The episode 11 was so cringy with Ikoma being badass. Tossed away his glasses and cut his hair and became another character. I know this move was meant to be "badass" but with how bad the show had been, the cringe felt too strong.

- Too cliche. Cliche is not a bad thing to me, provided how it's execution goes and this certainly didn't do good.

I'm a pleb watcher and all these things bothered me so I was quite generous in giving this a 4/10 though it had no redeeming qualities except for a few good OSTs and mediocre action sequences. I could mention a lot more only if I ever wanted to remember this again.
CG-SilverJul 2, 2016 8:52 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2016 10:27 PM

Mar 2016
kamisama751 said:
Yeeeeees, this trainwreck is finally over and there is no sign for a continuation. Thank god.
Anyway, this episode contains unussually many mistakes. Maybe I put some effort since this is the last episode but I don't really know.

Mistakes count through the whole show: 97
Damn, I can't beat cinemasins.
Final score for this mess: 2/10.

Jarjaxle said:

Yeah no Magical powers and thank Kami for that. I would have though this lot worse if it had give any powers to somone.

Thank Ikoma for saying it is science in the first episode. :D

This one clearly went over your head. Cinema sins is stupid anyway. Some of what you're complaining about is a major plus to others. This was an amazing anime from start to finish.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Jul 2, 2016 10:56 PM

Mar 2016
kamisama751 said:
OtakuDaikun said:

This one clearly went over your head. Cinema sins is stupid anyway. Some of what you're complaining about is a major plus to others. This was an amazing anime from start to finish.

If a mistake is a plus for you then your taste is clearly strange.

Despite you being a self proclaimed elitist I feel I need to remind you that something isn't a mistake just because you pick it out and deem it one. Ikoma isn't surviving due to "plot armor" any more than any other character in fiction. His vitality was narratively justified, including his awakening at the very end. That term alone gets tossed around without proper analysis. It's like, rather than letting yourself enjoy what's in front of you, you've made it a personal mission to make a problem out of various things.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Jul 3, 2016 12:08 AM

Feb 2016
Aside from the white blood deus ex machina and how rushed the ending felt, pretty solid and enjoyable show. Be interesting to see where they'd take it from here.

7/10
Jul 3, 2016 12:16 AM

Oct 2012
I hope they do a second season to explain all the unanswered plot holes. So many unanswered stuff like where the hell does the Kabane appear from and who are they exactly and all that shit. Show was good till that stupid Ani-sama appear............and final episode saved it a bit. Wondering how did this show became so overhyped. Was disappointed that it's this bad for a overhyped show.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jul 3, 2016 12:47 AM

Apr 2014
this anime getting too much hate than it deserved.

it was pretty good, better than most animes of spring 2016 honestly.

did it feel rushed? yeah, is that a bad thing? no.

ppl overreacting as always.
Jul 3, 2016 1:35 AM
Jan 2016
Waited to watch the last three episode back to back, have to be honest that I'm disappointed at how it went full-shounen in the latter half of the show, but as far as shounen anime go it's not terrible.
Jul 3, 2016 1:40 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Quite satisfying ending.

This show stopped being amazing when Biba came, the last great part about this anime is when Ikoma and the others fought against the 1st black smoke.

Well, still overall I enjoy this

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 3, 2016 2:00 AM

Jan 2014
CG-Silver said:
I gave it a 4/10 though I not a "critic". First of all you're being salty over the hate against this show and are too afraid to accept the truth.

Now I’m being the salty one? It’s saltiness in the first place that is getting these show these low ratings. Also, I don’t get the point of me supposedly being “afraid to accept the truth”. I allready stated that I can accept a ‘non-passing’ rating, and thus recognise that this show has flaws. I merely stated the the extend to which these flaws affect people’s rating is not consistent with how they would usually with other shows.
Let’s break it down:

CG-Silver said:
Biggest things I hate about this show:

- Extremely unbearable characters, made the show torture to watch. I'm not even kidding but there was not a single decent character in this series, it had all kind of retards. Characters are the most important thing that set my mood for an anime.

- Characters felt unnatural, even their development seemed awkward to watch. At one moment they'd act all serious/"trying to act mature" and the next moment surprisingly retarded.

- Pacing issues as everyone mentioned.

- Personal opinion but I don't like the art style/character designs.

I think the two points about the characters are more or less one single point, and I disagree with it as well. We could probably debate it to no end, I also absolutely loved the art style. These are very subjective opinions though, and all of them are valid points.

CG-Silver said:
- ........... Biba ............. (Boring plot execution)

- The episode 11 was so cringy with Ikoma being badass. Tossed away his glasses and cut his hair and became another character. I know this move was meant to be "badass" but with how bad the show had been, the cringe felt too strong.

- Too cliche. Cliche is not a bad thing to me, provided how it's execution goes and this certainly didn't do good.

These make sense individually, but in combination not so much. What it basically boils down to is that cliché is fine if the execution is, but the execution is not fine if it includes cliché’s,.. how?

All in all, the question is not whether this show has flaws (which it has), but whether they actually made the show unwatchable, which is what a lowest end rating represents, at least for me. Secondly, how did the rating compare to anime ratings in general? Again the example Ipresented earlier: if plot originally warants such a drop in rating, then why is Code Geass (R2) still in everyone’s favourites, including yours, after it literally took its main plot point AND theme straight from Gundam Wing?
There are shows that sorely dissapointed me in the second half or final episode of a season, e.g. Ald Noah Zero, BokuMachi, etc.. However, I didn’t hate on them from the first episode, and actually both examples still managed to get a 6 for the parts I did like. If a show is at a 2 or a 3 from the onset, I’ll drop it.

CG-Silver said:
- Not original, almost to the point that it felt copied. Therefore one of the best parts of watching anime which is the "starting feel" felt boring and uninteresting to me. Yup, I didn't even like the starting episode.

- Compared to SnK, action is mediocre at best. SnK had my blood pumped up in every fight. However, this was bland in every aspect.

- 2 good OSTs that I noticed while SnK was crowded with amazing OSTs.

I'm a pleb watcher and all these things bothered me so I was quite generous in giving this a 4/10 though it had no redeeming qualities except for a few good OSTs and mediocre action sequences. I could mention a lot more only if I ever wanted to remember this again.

This proves my point precisely. You actually liked the OST, but use it here as a point of critic as SnK had more. The action was mediocre, because SnK’s was better. You didn’t like the starting episode, yet continued to watch and hate on the show for a full season.

You didn’t rate this show, from day one you used this show to strengthen your rating of SnK.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 3, 2016 2:55 AM
Oct 2007
The show lost significant tension and captivation that I felt at the start after a few episodes in. Production wise, animation and quality remain top notch nonetheless. 8/10 from me
Jul 3, 2016 5:20 AM
Jun 2013
Kougeru said:
As the people questioning when Biba used the white blood on Ikoma, I assumed he shot it into him with the gun :|

Yea, he definitely shot the white serum into him. If you go back and watch closely, when Ikoma injects Mumei with the white serum there was a flash of green light. The same green light came off Ikoma when Biba shot him after Mumei woke up. Otherwise, it wouldn't have made sense for Biba to shoot Ikoma and then tell him to get up and fight him.
Jul 3, 2016 5:24 AM

Dec 2012
It was a good ending, but it was so predictable. I think they couldn't give us something better with only one episode remaining.
I'm disappointed, I expected an anime with better characters. Here, all the characters looks boring and not original, imo.

PS: The opening is great !
Jul 3, 2016 6:04 AM

Jul 2013
Is it too much to ask for a kiss scene? smh
Jul 3, 2016 6:44 AM
Apr 2016
I'm surprised that some people hated this anime. While it's not the best out there, it certainly is at the top in terms of OST and animation. You can't help but question other people's tastes. They probably grew up deprived of the best things, so now they're having trouble distinguishing the good from the bad.

Yes, we need to respect other people's opinions, so respect mine: people who didn't like this anime have bad tastes.
Jul 3, 2016 7:17 AM

Apr 2009
OST, animation, idea - 10/10. 100/100. Heck, I'm going Aimer's live concert in fall this yer only because of ninelie.
Potential of characters - 100/100.
But let's fce it, the ending was flat. I t was predictable yes, okay. But there were tons of better ways to come to it. Biba, for one, could get more development as a character instead of of bein gobsessed with destroying everything nad then saving Ikoma out of the blue. Dunno, I think the idea was brilliant, everything was great apart from the story.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Jul 3, 2016 7:26 AM

Nov 2015
I feel like if this show had a few more episodes it could've been one of the great ones but the latter half of the show felt too rushed. Ending was cool or whatever but Ikoma becoming WAY too OP kind of threw me off a bit lol. Possible season 2?... maybe?
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.