Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 2, 2008 9:18 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hahah oh man that was a pure win episode. The Absolm/Lola scene was great. XD
Mar 3, 2008 2:08 AM

Jun 2007
Man Lola must be the most aggresive bride ever. Good laughs this episode. I liked the part with the kangebra
Mar 3, 2008 2:31 AM
Aug 2007
Hehe nice episode. When Nami was about to get attacked by that zombie I expected Sanji to jump out of nowhere to save her. Because he tends to show up at times like those. And I was both right and wrong, Sanji did jump out, but he was a zombie penguin WTH?! XD
Mar 3, 2008 9:37 AM
Oct 2007
Puhi~!
Mar 3, 2008 11:18 AM
Nov 2007
hmmm this episode was pretty good although its kind of the worst part of the arc now.Or maybe i'm looking way to much forward to other moments.XD
Mar 3, 2008 2:53 PM

May 2007
Lofoc said:
hmmm this episode was pretty good although its kind of the worst part of the arc now.Or maybe i'm looking way to much forward to other moments.XD

Lol, you're definitely looking forward to other moments. Because right now, its only the tip of the iceburg.

This episode was pretty entertaining. Didn't like the flashback with the fire weakness of zombie (that was a little too long).

Haha, anyone catch the sound effects Usopp and Nami were doing when they were climbing the stairs? Man, it reminded me of some old school video game, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm sure it was meant to be a reference to whatever that game was.
Mar 3, 2008 3:35 PM

Oct 2007
So rebellious.

Mar 4, 2008 8:42 AM

Aug 2007
This episode was really funny. ^^ Is it just me, or the penguin/dog's seiyuu was really Hirata Hiroaki (Sanji)? I mean the zombie who 'saved' Nami. :P
Mar 4, 2008 9:58 AM
Nov 2007
vindemon64 said:
Lofoc said:

Lol, you're definitely looking forward to other moments. Because right now, its only the tip of the iceburg.
lol yeah really honestly i just cant wait for Usopps fight and some of the other fights.
Mar 4, 2008 5:00 PM

Dec 2006
So I'm not the only one who knew/thought the penguin zombie was sanji. >_>;
Mar 5, 2008 12:47 AM

Jul 2007
I thought this episode was strait out of a wacky video game. I almost felt like I was playing myself. Some people harp on the animation in One Piece, I would argue it is one of the best since its style matches the theme of the story, and its just incredibly done. When Luffy makes that stance, you know some wild and wacky stuff is bound to happen.
I am looking forward to the Samurai zombie
and Zoro's battle. It is going to be sick. Greatest warriors of time is such a great feat to overcome for this wild haunted house adventure. Eiichiro Oda is one great story writer. The battle between Luffy and Gecko Moria is going to be insane as well.

I do not think that the penguin is Sanji. It is
a reincarnated penguin with an ugly face.

If you have read the manga, please do not spoil it, I for one certainly do not want to know.

I wonder what is Hogback's secret ingredient to bring back inanimate beings back to life. *wink*. I loved the wonder garden wild zombie's. You gotta have week zombies to face the weaker characters. I wonder if the kangaroo boxer was a reference to Sylvester's nemesis in Looney tunes.

But I hope at some point that Usopp shows that he has actually leveled up this arc, after all that drama of being so weak last non filler arc. I wish he would become more of a well trained alchemist/sharp shooter. He needs some kind of a mentor to look up too and learn from. To bad his father has not been around. There is so much potential in this story, I can see it just getting better with each episode. They always hold true to their style, and they always deliver in action. The upcoming fights scenes are going to be intense!
renegadeMar 5, 2008 1:25 AM
Mar 5, 2008 4:46 AM

Aug 2007
TophBeiFong said:
So I'm not the only one who knew/thought the penguin zombie was sanji. >_>;

Not to the manga readers. We already knew.
Mar 5, 2008 5:38 AM

Jul 2006
It was a good episode, but am I only one who was bothered by animation and 'art' in this episode? Usually I don't mind even if the quality drops abit, but this time I actually started thinking if the animators even have food in their home..

Does this even look like Nami to you?

Yeah, I read the manga and I know about the coming battles. They better be out of this world to make up what they did with this episode. *Glares at "Nami" again and shivers*

Mystery solved, I know who did it.
KionnikoMar 5, 2008 7:56 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2008 8:18 AM

May 2007
This episode was funny as hell the entire time, it ended too soon. :(

I really liked the Lola/Erosalom scene and the stair chase.
Mar 5, 2008 2:46 PM
Nov 2007
Kionniko said:
Does this even look like Nami to you?

Wow i couldn't even find that but yeah thats bad.....
Mar 5, 2008 8:20 PM

Aug 2007
Was it just me or was this episode weirder than normal? I hope they start clearing things up soon. I haven't read the manga, and it seems that people who have know some idea about what's really going on, but this episode just seemed somewhat goofy to me. (Alright it's a goofy show, but still...)
I just can't wait until they get back to some serious action.
Mar 15, 2008 3:38 PM

Jan 2008
loved the episode expecially the zebra kangaroo, but when are they bring back the endings theme?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2008 12:31 PM

Feb 2008
This episode was so awesome! Loved the Lola + Absalom scene xD
Also, Sanji is a dog-penguin zombie?! =S
Mar 12, 2010 8:00 PM

Oct 2008
o___o

That weird penguin/dog spoke like Sanji.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 18, 2010 5:06 PM

Jun 2010
I got a bad feeling about Sanji.
Mar 27, 2011 3:31 AM

Jul 2007
Omg, don't tell me that dog is sanji. This is getting very bizarre. Just what the hell is happening?

May 15, 2011 8:27 AM

May 2010
A so-so episode.. :-| I felt it was dragging a bit.. the garden is really messed up! XD Lola is the bride from hell! and i didn't notice it myself but my girlfriend sensed some Sanji-ish about that Penguin/Dog at the end
Nov 3, 2012 6:15 AM

Mar 2010
Yep that penguin did seems suspicious..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 19, 2012 4:23 PM

Oct 2010
The comedy of the last two or three episodes has been significantly lacking and this is not an exception. I didn't like the episode. It didn't feel like One Piece. And while I was enjoying this arc a lot, there are lots of things in it that I believe correspond to another style of series. Not only in this aspect, but also in characters and even in fanservice shots.

I don't know who finds the marrying pig, Usopp farting and the zombie dance from the previous episode funny but I certainly don't. This is one of the very few instances in the series that actually made me cringe.

At least the plotline is going on well, I guess.
Aug 5, 2013 5:55 PM

Apr 2012
huh??? was sanji's spirit trapped in that penguin-dog? or is he disguised as it?
so many questions...
Jan 19, 2014 4:29 PM

Dec 2012
I am guessing zombies need someones shadow to live??? And afterwards they got his personality too? Something like that...???...
May 21, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2014
Was sanji penguin supposed to be a mystery?
This episode alone had more bland character than any show entirely. Iirc some of these are fillers.
Aug 1, 2014 6:16 PM

Jul 2014
this arc is getting worse. I can't stand this cheap zombie/ghoul theme, hopefully it doesn't drag on too long
Aug 26, 2014 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
Next up.

Sep 13, 2014 10:09 PM

Jan 2014
Sanji-penguin. I remember how much I was put off by Lola at the start of this.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 1, 2015 6:13 PM

Apr 2012
Usopp: How did I forget that?
Me: Because the writers wanted to stretch the episode to fit the timeslot.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Jun 9, 2015 6:31 PM

Jun 2015
Orochimaru9 said:
Usopp: How did I forget that?
Me: Because the writers wanted to stretch the episode to fit the timeslot.
May 18, 2016 11:54 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Darkreaper70 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hahah oh man that was a pure win episode. The Absolm/Lola scene was great. XD

I already know I gonna hate this Lola bride thingy in less then 3 episodes. :/

Jul 23, 2016 9:12 AM

Mar 2015
That piggy bride was offputting
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 7, 2017 1:11 AM

May 2014
Umm, so does this mean Sanji is a penguin?? lmao XD

I'm guessing this ties back into the reason why Ryuma has the same mannerisms as Brook and the whole shadow stealing business. Damn, this arc is interesting.

Also loved the stuff with Lola...she's coming for Nami!!!
May 10, 2017 8:17 PM
Sep 2007
Legendary Aya Hisakawa is Lola.
Oct 9, 2017 4:08 PM

Oct 2016
This episode was giving me some Chimera Ants vibe... But it's clearly not the case, or Sanji would be dead by now
Nov 23, 2018 3:39 PM

Jun 2016
Not a bad episode but certainly the worst of Thriller Bark thus far. I just found the jokes to be more based on randomness and absurdity than character interactions and the thing I've loved most about this arc is the character interactions.

So Nami vs Lola has been set up which seems to set up the pink haired girl as an opponent for Robin, unless the structure is challenged and a guy fights her instead, kinda like Luffy fought Alvida in episode 1, but even then I think the fact that she was a monstrosity made things different then.

It seems the bad guys need to capture the Straw Hats alive to steal their shadows. The animals specifically mentioned that they couldn't kill them.

So, I think it was implied a spider creature is stealing the Straw Hats one at a time and Zoro caught onto it. Since he was aware it was following them, I wonder if he went with it on purpose.

Nami quickly showed off her navigator mind by noticing the wet grass and putting together where they were. I like how she clung onto Usopp's back as they fell later.

I keep waiting for Nami to use her Clima Takt against the animal zombies, she is easily the best at crowd control, she could conjure up a storm to take them all out. But, I'm glad she didn't yet because we got to see an unexpected ally in the dog penguin. He was a new part of the trio and being new, he refuses to give up his own ideals to be loyal to Moria. It was honestly my favorite part of the episode. All animals are normally pervs but this one seems to be a hopeless romantic just like Sanji. A true gentleman!

And, it seems I made some predictions thinking the jack in the box zombie said: "this isn't where we stole the treasure" when in reality it was a misunderstanding and the zombie actually said, "this isn't where we store the treasure", so oops. Unless Nami remembered wrong, but that makes more sense anyways.
Jun 21, 2020 12:36 PM

May 2016
I hope that Lola ends up getting hitched with that invisible lech in the end~

Brook might've turned into a mummy but the guy got off lucky compared to how Sanji ended up. When that Dog-Faced Penguin suddenly started to profess his creed of never harming a woman, I was genuinely shocked and screamed "holy shit!". It's good that they still have their true nature imprinted in them even after losing their memories when they got turned into zombies.

It was very entertaining to see the three dealing with those Wild Zombies, especially that part where Usopp and Nami ran together all around the stairs. Usopp's bizarre laugh was gold too.

May 23, 2021 6:55 AM

Jun 2019
Lola is coming for Nami. LOL. Sanji doggo.
Aug 15, 2022 2:18 PM

Apr 2018
Omg... That better not be Sanji... Now, Zoro is missing :O
Oct 3, 2022 12:38 PM
Feb 2021
thriller bark overall boring asf so far
Mar 25, 2023 9:42 PM
Jan 2021
It was alright I guess
May 24, 2023 9:39 PM
Oct 2019
Wait the dog, isn't that Sanji? No way 😂
Jun 17, 2023 9:07 AM

Jun 2017
It seems that the dog is Sanji! 🤯

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jun 26, 2023 4:33 PM
Apr 2020
yeah im getting bored. even these small archs turn better theen most animes tho. i trust oda. that stair part was funny. pretty sure that lady lover penguin is sanji. he even said he is new. cant wait to see zoro as a zombie
Jul 27, 2023 5:28 PM

Oct 2019
Pretty crazy, Sanji's a dog???

I liked the part where Nami and Usopp ran up the stairs :D 
Aug 8, 2023 6:33 PM

Mar 2017
omg.. what the hell happened to sanji? lol
Jan 13, 3:24 PM
Oct 2021
It's getting boring, Thriller Bark is really a mid arc
Jan 22, 8:27 PM
Jan 2024
ARIGEROYUMEWOKATSUATSUME
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Found this really old screenshot in my phone

Sch4n - Today

5 by Lawliet-dono »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 28, 2008

72 by TheStarscream759 »»
30 minutes ago

» My theory about the one piece

elops_ms - Yesterday

4 by Blaze567 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1052 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 18, 2023

72 by nalxdiq »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 272 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jutah - Nov 6, 2008

62 by kejora »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.