Forum Settings
Forums

What anime dissapointed you this season and which one surprised you?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 19, 2016 12:50 AM

Aug 2008
Disappointed - Jojo:Diamond

It still good overall but I heard some people said Diamond is the best Jojo out there but from what I seen, it's still Stand of the week and not better than Stardust. Overall, still a good show just not to my expectations.

Most surprising - Macross Delta

The only Macross I seen so far before Delta is Frontier and seeing the rating for Delta is so low compare to Frontier, I've a very low expectations but it turn out Delta is decent and still watchable for me. The dogfight are interesting and I'm glad they didn't invest too much on love triangle like what happen with Frontier. Not a fan of love triangle between Sheryl, Ranka and Alto.
ZapredonJun 19, 2016 12:57 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 19, 2016 1:06 AM

Feb 2013
Disappointed- Netoge, maybe KonoSuba set my expectations too high or something but I didn't really want a high school rom-com. Her clingyness reminded me of Haiyore Nyaruko San, an anime I really didn't enjoy for the same reasons.

Surprised- Sakamoto Desu Ga. I expected awesome, I got cool, cooler, coolest.
Jun 19, 2016 1:07 AM
May 2012
Surprised- Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
Something about that show is really appealing. It feels fresh even though the art style might not attract everyone but its pretty interesting!

Loved- Kiznaiver. I get it why most people here are disappointed in it but the episodes are leading up to some great character developments (if you are continuing it), its also one of the most interesting premises and the characters are sooo different from each other...normally you wouldn't think of interations between those type of characters but it works amazingly with Kiznaiver. Also amazing OP and best character introductions hands down!

Disappointed- Sakamoto Desu Ga. I had a lot of expectations from this anime since Takamatsu Shinji is the director (Gintama and Binan Koukou Chikyuu Boueibu LOVE- you see why the expectation was high), but I didnt find it as hilarious as many people told me. Too bad :/ Opening theme is very cool though!!
Jun 19, 2016 2:14 AM

Jun 2014
I was pretty disappointed by pretty much the whole season (mayoiga, kiznaiver, kabaneri after the latest shitty developments and since Bilbo-ani sama is such an incomprehensible dick)

Loved - Re:Zero; I heard a lot of people speak about this so I decided to try it out and oh man was it worth it! It's pretty edgy but that doesn't weigh up against the characters and good premise. After KoNoSuBa, finally another isekai anime done right!
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure; so far the most enjoyable season yet. It's also the adaptation of my favourite part.

Surprised - Uchuu Patrol Luluco; despite the low MAL scores, it's a very heart-warming and funny short anime filled with references to other TRIGGER works.

In other words: Overall a pretty shitty season. With a few diamonds as exception of course.

Jun 19, 2016 2:47 AM

Dec 2014
Disappointed:
Like many others, I was disappointed by Mayoiga. I went into it expecting something decent, since the premise had a lot of promise. However, a few episodes in, I immediately started hating everything about it. I didn't care about any of the characters, I had trouble following what was happening, and I didn't care what was happening in the village. For a show that's listed as both Mystery and Horror, it sure fails to present a compelling mystery, and anyone who watches it will spend more time laughing at the awful-looking monsters than being scared.

I won't exactly say I was disappointed by it - mostly because I wasn't expecting anything good from it - but Gakusen Toshi Asterisk S2 was terrible. What really disappoints me is that the OP theme from this and Mayoiga were both really good IMO, but they were attached to such awful shows. If only they could have been OP themes for better series.

While I don't think the show is that bad, I think Kiznaiver definitely interested me more in the first couple episodes than it does now. There have been good moments, but I find myself not really caring a whole lot about most of the characters and I feel like there's definitely some wasted potential here.

Surprised:
I figured I would like Re: zero even before watching it, but I was surprised at how much I liked it. I feel like the latest episode was a little weak, but otherwise I feel like it's a nice mix of genres that subverts a lot of the common issues with the tropes it uses.

I wasn't expecting a whole lot from Space Patrol Luluco, given that it was a short and I'm generally not a fan of those. But it proved to be surprisingly funny, and once it started referencing other Trigger shows, I became hooked. Definitely not one to take seriously, but I think I like it better than Trigger's other show this season.

Flying Witch was a show I didn't plan on watching originally because of my usual disdain for slice of life shows. However, my friend convinced me to give it a shot and I absolutely love it. The characters are all really interesting and cute. Really glad I took the chance.

I guess Boku no Hero Academia surprised me too. I wasn't going to watch this one either, but the cute art style and compelling characters won me over. Now it's among my favorite anime of the season.

Jun 19, 2016 2:57 AM

Jan 2011
Disappointed:
Kuma Miko - I was expecting this to be the best SoL of the season yet it turned out to be some unfunny crap recycled every episode that is uncomfortable to watch (long story short, cbf to rant)
Sousei no Onmyouji - Lost all hope for Pierrot. Period. Boring af filler episodes everywhere
Joker Game - I wish it had a more structured plot rather than sticking to its episodic format
Sakamoto - Unlike Tanaka (see below), a) the recycled jokes got pretty unfunny b) does not have more than one good character. I could have forgiven its underwhelming art if it didn't have its flaws
Kabaneri - it was my second favorite this season but the last 2-3 episodes have been pretty shitty

Surprised:
Boku no Hero Academia - I wasn't impressed with the ultra slow pacing in the first episode but I'm glad I stuck with it and it's pretty awesome
Re:Zero - I predicted it will be good but not THIS good
Tanaka - I thought the same joke from first episode would eventually get boring but every episode got more and more entertaining
Haifuri - It doesn't have the best music nor animation but the ship battles and character developments have been pleasant to watch
Jun 19, 2016 5:44 AM

Apr 2016
Disappointed

Oh boy where to start...
Big Order - This sh*t is the most boring nonsense anime I've ever seen.This is pure trash simply don't watch it characters are boring and idiotic.Especially the MC.
Sakamoto desu ga! - I got the nichijou vibes at first but it got repetitive and boring.
Tanaka - Also got nichijou vibes at first but unlike nichijou it completely failed to entertain me with short stories.
Mayoiga - AND the biggest disappoinment of spring 2016 award goes to...Weak characters,unstable swings back from mystery to comedy (IKR!) , too many random flashbacks,too many unnecesarry characters , inconsistent , fast paced seriously this series is a joke and should be considered as comedy anime.

Surprises

Re:Zero : fallen under the radar never even heard of it's name before nor heard someone hyped up about it.
Boku no hero Academia : I've heard a lot of things before.The story sounded and looked like a typical shounen but I ended up enjoying it way more than I thought I would.
Shounen Maid:Now this one is interesting to me it's the hidden gem of slice of life genre in this season.It's all moe and such but damn it's been an enjoyable ride.

Not sure about

Kabaneri:Meh story went downhill real quick but the actions scenes art animation quality soundtrack are great.
Kiznaiver:Need to watch ep 12 still don't know how I feel about this series.
Bungou Stray dogs:I mean it's good but I wish it had the balance between comedy and seriousness.
JGUS-Jun 19, 2016 5:49 AM
Jun 19, 2016 5:44 AM

Jan 2016
Big order was trash of all time
re:zero will probably go to my fav list
Jun 19, 2016 6:17 AM

May 2016
I held high expectations for Kabaneri given it had a decent first couple of episodes, plus a portfolio that could be respected.

It turned out to be a complete trainwreck - no pun intended.
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Jun 19, 2016 6:29 AM
Dec 2013
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri disappointed me. Just underwhelmed with it so far, and has too many scenes that are similar to Attack on Titan's, which is annoying.

Re:Zero surprised me because it wasn't an anime I was looking forward to watching before the season started, but it's actually really good so far, with great cliffhangers.
wildhoodJun 19, 2016 8:04 AM
Jun 19, 2016 6:32 AM
Nov 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri

I expected Attack on Trainwreck and got Attack on Trashwreck

AKA I expected nothing and was still let down
To be fair kotetsujyo no kabaneri wasnt bad imo I guess ppl have different tastes although the main character is a bit weak and getting his ass saved all the time
Jun 19, 2016 6:36 AM
Aug 2015
Boku no Hero Academia OVERHYPED CRAP DROPPED IT FIRST EP
Jun 19, 2016 6:37 AM

Nov 2014
Both Ace attorney and Mayoiga dissapointed me big time, Netoge [long ass title] really exceeded my expectations.
IFFEH IUU BEHLIEBE EIT
NUHRUTOE NUHRUTOE
BEHLIEBE EIT BEHLIEBE EIT-IT-IT-IT-IT
HEURE AIE AHME WIETH MAI NEEINJUH KLAHN
NEEINJUH KLAHN
HEURE WEHH STAHNDD
NUHRUTOE AIEHME OUNE MAI WEYE
NUHRUTOE AIELLE BEEHE OUHKEYE
GETUH REHDEY TUH FHITE OUNE SAITE
GOUHUT MUHE BHESHT FREENDZ BAH MUHE SAIHDE
SAZOOKAYEH HEHZE RELYEH KEWHLE
SAHKOOHRAH DUH BEWTIHFUHLE.
Jun 19, 2016 6:39 AM

Jul 2009
Disappointed: Mayoiga. I was thinking it would be such a great anime, but turned out in a mess, the end was also bad...Kiznaiver also let me down, I was expecting they would use their power to something, but turned out to be just a experiment...

Surprised: Kuma Miko and Re:Zero. I was not expecting to be so hooked in those, they are great.
Jun 19, 2016 7:24 AM

Feb 2014
Disappointed: Koutetsujou no Kabaneri & Terra Formars Revenge.

Surprised: Joker Game
Jun 19, 2016 7:51 AM

Jun 2016
I was really let down by the second season of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". They repeated the same episode over seven times in a row. This was done much better in the novel, but unfortunately did not adapt well in the anime.
Even the part about them making a movie sucked. Nothing supernatural happen bedsides a lazer and a flock of birds.
At least they made up for the second season by making "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya".

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Jun 19, 2016 7:56 AM
Aug 2015
Disappointed-
My Hero Academia

ANOTHER CRAP shounen series just like attack on titan and one punch man

surprised-

Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?

Ako NUFF SAID
Jun 19, 2016 8:01 AM

Dec 2015
the anime that surprised me is Boku no Hero Academia and we all know why, its amazing.

the one that disappointed me so much is Mayoiga, it was the anime i looked most forward to but it turned out to be so stupid, the story about a group of strangers going to a lost village really really got me excited and when i read that it's genre is mystery. but they didn't know what to do with the story lol. we all thought that a lot of characters will die but we were all wrong.

my favorite this season is ofc Re:ZERO, after it comes Kiznaiver.
snaratJun 19, 2016 8:04 AM
Jun 19, 2016 8:09 AM

Oct 2013
Selenium_Thorium said:
I was really let down by the second season of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". They repeated the same episode over seven times in a row. This was done much better in the novel, but unfortunately did not adapt well in the anime.
Even the part about them making a movie sucked. Nothing supernatural happen bedsides a lazer and a flock of birds.
At least they made up for the second season by making "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya".

I know lol. I remember I watched like 4 episodes and gave up. I tried it again later and just watch Night 1, 2 and then 8. The rest is pointless as fuck, such a waste of time and I feel bad for people who watched it weekly as it aired.

Only real reason to watch that season was the Time travel episodes (can't remember if there was more) and kinda with the movie making ones coz they have a small connection with the amazing movie.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 19, 2016 8:24 AM
Mar 2016
Dissapointed: Kiznaiver, dropped it after 2 episodes, i was so hyped for another anime by trigger but meh

Surprised: Re:zero, i wasnt even planning to watch it before the season started but I'm glad i got into the train

sorry for bad english
Jun 19, 2016 8:37 AM

Feb 2015
My top would be Boku no Hero Academia it's refreshing and fun to watch!

My lowest thus far is Mayoiga.. I just expected so much more from it, and there are so many characters I have trouble keeping track of them all.

Surprisingly I am enjoying High School Fleet even though it looks like a based girls doing cute things type of anime, it doesn't feel super forced to be cute and such.

Edit:
Wow thanks for the write up. I have to agree with you that this season is a little dissapointing. Every first episode got me hyped but a lot of the series got worse after the first one :(

I wholeheartedly agree on this.
Jun 19, 2016 11:45 AM
Oct 2015
I had high expectations about Mayoiga but after 5 episodes it totally disappointed me.
Do no waste your time watching it.
Jun 19, 2016 12:47 PM
Jul 2010
Kiznaiver, mayogia, hm... Yeah, that would be both of them :')...

Kiznaiver cause it is talking philosophy, but in a shitty way (I mean yeah happyness thanks to relationship, m'okay. And then ? Shouldn't i just read the real book about it or look this anim', i don't know) and also because i first liked the chara design, to discover that at least 3/4 of the characters are really boring, nothing news, and they're just the usual cliché of japanimation, with a bit of love between 3 people (Wut, how do i say this in english --'...).

Mayogia was like a cold bath, I like the horror type, but mayogia is more like a fantasy for children (I mean wtf, can't you find another them than traumatism, self confident, etc ... I saw this a lot, and i'm kinda tired of this subject :'( )

Still finished them, enjoyed some part, but tbh, still disapointed (especially for kizna').
Jun 19, 2016 12:53 PM

Jun 2015
I was surprised at Boku No Hero Academia; it hit me very hard, I really wasn't expecting that, and Re:Zero for no specific reason, I'm surprisingly enjoying it very much xD
What I found disappointing is Kabaneri and Kiznaiver. Both shows started off very good, but it went down as the show went, which I found disappointing.

Jun 19, 2016 12:53 PM

Oct 2015
YayaChibi said:
Minkey said:
I've made a similar thread in the beginning of this season so here I am again at the end :P

Since we're nearing the end of most anime series this season, I've been wondering what anime series dissapointed you guys and which one surprised you (according to your expectations).

The anime that dissapointed me is Sousei no Onmyouji.. I don't know.. I expected more cooler fights, I guess. It's not a bad anime, but it could've been a lot better.

The anime that really suprised me is Re:Zero. I think the anime is amazing and the best of the season :D Didn't expect this quality from a parallel fantasy world anime.

I was extremely hyped for the adaptation for Sousei no Onmyouji, but the anime ruined the manga...
I was surprised by Boku no Hero Acedimia....I thought the adaptation was going to suck, it is actually really cool!

Agree with Boku no Hero, also surprised me quite a bit. Really amazing show
Anime List Manga List
Jun 19, 2016 1:05 PM

Jun 2015
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri disappointed me the most this season and I've learned to not trust Spin-offs. Re'Zero and Tanaka-kun pleasantly surprised me this season.
Read Toriko!
Jun 19, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
Disappointed:
Mayoiga: I thought it would be a nice mistery. It did entertained me, so much that I watched it until the last episode, but the show was really messy. It was a lesson of how to not write and/or direct an anime. Everything looked like was done "in the last minute". Bad, bad, bad. At least it was funny to laugh at it.
Kanaberi: I like the art style. And that's it. The plot could be handled better and the characters too. It failed to make me care about it. It was not so bad to make me drop it, but it was disappointed.

Surprises:
Re: Zero: I was not going to watch it and I'm so glad I did. So far so good. I hope it goes like this in the second half.
Tanaka-kun: I LOVE IT. The art is simple, but good. The humor is good. I surprised of how much I enjoy it xD
Flying Witch: Really soothing and nice anime. The chars are charming and it is really well done.

Jun 19, 2016 2:26 PM

Jan 2011
top disappointments
Joker Game ,Stray Dogs,Mayoiga, Kanaberi, Kiznaiver

would of added big order but i wasn't expecting much in the first place
top surprises
Tanaka-kun,High school Fleet, Re Zero, Netoge
Jun 19, 2016 4:31 PM

Dec 2014
Disappointing: 'Sousei no Onmyouji' and 'Sakamoto Desu ga?'

I was a bit disappointed after watching the first episode of Boku no Hero Academia, I was really excited before it aired. But, by episode 2 I was slowly enjoying it more and more. It's really amazing now!

The first two episodes of Joker Game were really interesting, but then it just gets pretty confusing and boring.

I didn't really follow a lot of series this season, I'm planning on watching a few of them soon.
In this world, wherever there is light - there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love.
Jun 19, 2016 5:30 PM

Sep 2012
Disappointed:

Big Order: It's bad.

Bungou Stray Dogs: I like it, but it's just a 6/10 or being great a 7/10. I was expecting more.

Surprised:

Re:Zero: I was expecting nothing and turned out being my fav on this season together with BnA.
Jun 19, 2016 5:34 PM
Oct 2015
I was disappointed by Big Order. I was surprised by Netoyome.
Jun 19, 2016 5:42 PM

Oct 2015
Biggest disappoint - Joker Game

Biggest Surprise - Luluco
Too kawaii to live, too mahou shoujo to die >:D
Jun 19, 2016 5:43 PM

Dec 2014
Kabaneri is disappointing me heavily. Maybe it was all the hype it received early on (that is thankfully dying down) that bothered me, especially when I wasn't even that much a fan of the early episodes. And as it went on it lost its appeal and is now just another dull shounen whose only redeeming trait is its production values. Its sad that I'm enjoying PAN DE PEACE more than this thing.

One that's really surprising me is Shounen Maid. On paper, this sounded very unappealing, but its actually a pretty damn good slice of life with some nice themes about family. I'm not a fujoshi but this thing is lit as fuck.

I would say Bakuon as well, as it didn't look very appealing to me from the images and other early preview stuff alone, but the OVA did leave a pretty good impression on me and the series is basically the same.
Jun 19, 2016 5:50 PM

Jan 2015
Big Order was a disappointment and Re:Zero was an awesome surprise.
Jun 19, 2016 11:18 PM

Dec 2014
Disappointments

Mayoiga: Started out fairly interesting, Went in expecting Blood, Gore and Death, Got none of that. The whole mystery becomes messier with each episode and it's hard to like any of the characters. The reason or cause for the Nanaki phenomena is never explored at all. The show did try to convey it's inherent message of Accepting yourself for who you are but honestly it could have been done better. Though it was nice to laugh at some of the character reactions xD

Big Order: Biggest trainwreck of the season for me, Absolutely trash tier show. World Domination seemed interesting at the first episode but it was just completely downhill from there. Bland characters along with an over ambitious plot that tries to become convoluted with each step but just ends up as a complete mess trying to include multiverse theories to try and make it seem deep or whatever. Nothing but a complete fiasco from start to finish.

Surprises

Re:Zero : Started this show on a complete whim, Went in with absolutely no expectations and no previous knowledge of the series. I hadn't even seen the key visuals, I must say I was blown away by how good it became. Absolutely awesome show.

Flying Witch: Never expected this show to be this refreshing. Excellent atmosphere and really relaxing. The idyllic charm of this show is truly worth praise, I get so lazy while watching this.

Bakuon : I expected this show to be bad, With nothing but fan service. While it isn't quite different from that, It's honestly really fun to watch.

Did not Meet Expectations

Joker Game: Show isn't bad, I think I just expected too much with the whole espionage setting. Started out really strong so I was expecting more of the same but it went into a more episodic route while that isn't bad I think I wanted a more deep look into the world of spies with a more overarching plot. I suppose since this is just the beginning I shouldn't have expected too much.

Exceeded Expectations

Boku no Hero Academia: Being a huge fan of the manga, All I wanted was a decent adaptation of the content. What was given however was absolutely outstanding, Definitely one of the best panel by panel Battle Shounen adaptations I've ever seen and it exceeded every expectation I had. The soundtrack for this show is nothing sort of fantastic.
Jun 20, 2016 12:56 AM

Oct 2014
Big Order surprised me a lot, it's honestly incredible. Mayoiga was so bad that I naturally thought nothing this season could be any worse... but of course I was wrong, on top of being terrible in every single way and having the most unlikable/unrelatable mc ever Big Order just had to add in under aged sex between siblings
barf barf cringe cringe

Re:zero surprised me, I usually dislike these main protagonist solving the problems of the girls around him anime
Tanaka-kun was just amazing
Jun 20, 2016 1:25 AM

Sep 2015
Gotta show my love for Assasination Classroom. I began season 1 a few days ago and am now 3 episodes away from catching up. I just found out that it's a currently airing show so I'm pretty hyped to get in on the upcoming episode hype. This show is just too good, Korosensei is freaking hilarious and his voice actor plays the role so well, I can't imagine any other voice to go with Korosensei.
Jun 20, 2016 2:07 AM
Sep 2013
Disapointed in :

Mayoiga : haven't actually watched it but i heard it was pretty bad. I was expecting some great mystery show

Kiznaiver : Was pretty good but half-way threw it started getting a little too forced and i just stopped caring ( or realized i did nt care) about the characters. Wasn't excited about the show anymore.

B stray dogs : Thought it would be great but too much comedy ( not funny ) for me and the MC was getting on my nerve every time he spoke.

Twin star exorcist : Really interesting art but looked like your typical shonen with some edgy/cliche back story. The MC was also really annoying.

And the worst offender, Kabaneri

I was sooooo hyped for it and the first ep was insane. However, the execution, the characters and their stupid decision/incoherence, the story that's full of plotholes and cliche really broke my expectations. At least the visuals are great.

Now for the two shows that blew my mind.

Boku no hero academia : I was watching it expecting it to be good but i did nt expect to blow my mind like it did. The visuals along with the soundtrack are insane and the story while cliche is still entertaining and slightly original in some aspects. The MC can be a pain in the ass but his motivation is refreshing .

Re zero: I also had high hopes for it but at first, it was only good . Now the last few episodes really changed my mind and i'm hyped as fuck for the rest of it.

There's a lot more to say and explain but i'm tired so that's just the gist of it
Jun 20, 2016 2:50 AM

Dec 2015
Disappointed :
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri: Wonderful artwork, exciting first episodes, but then it kinda fell flat
Kiznaiver: Not bad, but I had higher expectations
Haifuri: The attempted mix of cute girls and serious story doesn't work for me, as the "serious" plot seems silly and pointless. At least Strike Witches and Girls Und Panzer didn't take themselves too seriously.

Kind of disappointed:
RE:Zero: I fail to see why it's so much praised. Not a bad take on MMORPG world, but nothing spectacular so far. I found that the loop episodes were not handled so well and got boring (even though it's seems to get better) and the MC is annoying.

Surprises:
Flying Witch: Didn't know what to expect, but so far really pleasant and relaxing, nice characters
Bakuon:I expected something really bad considering the low ratings, and another bland "cute girls doing X", but it's actually pretty funny
Kuma Miko: Same as Bakuon. A little bit inconsistent, but for the most part cute and funny
Jun 20, 2016 2:53 AM
Jul 2018
LeBestWeeb said:
Disapointed in :

Mayoiga : haven't actually watched it but i heard it was pretty bad. I was expecting some great mystery show

You can't be disappointed in something if you haven't experienced it for yourself. Don't base your opinions on the opinions of others when you're in a position to form your own opinion.

Disappointment: Bakuon!! This is the only anime that I'm watching that I don't thoroughly enjoy. I don't even actively dislike the show, but for a show to be completely run by one gimmick, not the best idea in the world.

Surprised: Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge. I expected it to be a really uneventful anime with a super dull main character but the interactions everyone has with each other are really cute and fun to watch. Tanaka himself is also much more entertaining than I had him penciled in for, it's amazing that he can be so listless yet so fun to watch.
Jun 20, 2016 3:43 AM

Oct 2012
Disappointed:
Sakamoto, tried watching the first four episodes and I just couldn't find it funny for some reason.

Also Big Order, I was expecting a lot because that story line seemed pretty interesting to me but each episode was just like a huge "ugh still 10 minutes until it's done" for me.

Surprised:

Kiznaiver. A lot of people might say they are disappointed in Kiznaiver but considering that this anime was just 12 episodes long it was pretty good and I liked the character development and the art style and the plot and everything oops.

Tanaka kun was really great too but I went in with high expectations anyway and it gave me exactly what I expected.
Jun 20, 2016 4:09 AM

Oct 2015
HecticLeo said:
Gotta show my love for Assasination Classroom. I began season 1 a few days ago and am now 3 episodes away from catching up. I just found out that it's a currently airing show so I'm pretty hyped to get in on the upcoming episode hype. This show is just too good, Korosensei is freaking hilarious and his voice actor plays the role so well, I can't imagine any other voice to go with Korosensei.

Assassination Classroom is amazing bro, too bad it's almost over :(
Anime List Manga List
Jun 20, 2016 6:38 AM
Aug 2014
Surprises: Tanaka-Kun and ReZero (and somewhat Mayoiga i guess).

Tanaka takes my spot as best SOL of the season away from Flying Witch (which while calming, did not manage to entertain me nearly as well) and ReZero has just been pretty good so far with the potential to become better (and also the potential to just implode and never meet my expectations).

Disappointments: Kabaneri and BnHA

The former just got less exciting as it went on (an amazing premise alone is not enough to carry the show, despite how amazing steampunk+zombieapolkalypse sounds) and the latter is really just standard Shounen that we've seen before time and time again.

Kiznaiver is in this weird spot where it started out pretty ok, got worse, suddenly got good and now is seemingly imploding on itself at the end. The last episode could change my opinion completely into either direction
celeminusJun 20, 2016 6:42 AM
Jun 20, 2016 6:50 AM

Apr 2013
I had hopes for Kabaneri and the first few episodes kind of strengthened that. It's jumped the shark, though and now it's definitely one of the biggest disappointment I had in a while.

Boku no Hero's the surprise. As positive as manga readers were about it, it always seemed really meh to me and that feeling remained after watching the first episode. Its charm really worked on me after a few weeks, though.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 20, 2016 6:55 AM
Apr 2015
Surprises well there's Hero Academia with just one episode in made me read the manga immediately. self-explainatory lol. Also Re: Zero. I thought it's your typical transport to a fantasy world thing and it's actually better than that. Even became my fave this season. Also Kiznaiver for reasons i won't disclose due to personal reasons.

Disappointments, well not much, but Kuma Miko. It started out good, and it suddenly turned into a child abuse series turned idol anime. What's with that?! Also Mayoiga. Good thing i dropped that thing early lol. Slight disappointment for Flying witch though. It was hyped to be the NNB spiritual successor but I don't feel it at all. Still good though.
Jun 20, 2016 6:58 AM
Mar 2016
Dissapoint: Twin Star Exorcist

I excepted a lot of fun and awesome story with great action. But only good episode was episode 2. I got hyped soooo much.

Surprising: My Hero Academia

I excepted copy of One Punch Man when I saw trailer but it turned out 12577421577 times better.
Jun 20, 2016 7:02 AM

Apr 2014
Think this whole season is pretty dissapointing.
Jun 20, 2016 7:14 AM

Aug 2014
I was pretty damn disappointed by Seisen Cerberus. It sounded quite interesting from the synopsis, but has only been a major disappointed. It's incredibly generic with one of the worst MCs in any anime I have seen so far, and an annoying group of side characters that are extremely bland, underdeveloped and one dimensional with next to no personality at all. Not to forget the unmemorable villain who is evil because money and something something idk. Heck I don't even remember his name.

Surprises would be Re:Zero, Swagamoto & BnHA.
While the concept of Re:Zero didn't sound all that interesting for me, I was pleasantly surprised by how addictive and interesting it is. Each episode kept making me on the edgy of my seat, and made me curious to see just what was going to happen next. Subaru as a MC is cringeworthy at times, but also really likeable in generally, while some of the characters like Rem & Ram were really interesting and developed quite nicely, becoming really lovely towards the end of the 2nd arc. If I were to point at an issue I had with it, it would definitely be how Emilia is really underdeveloped and overshadowed so far.

Swagamoto is just amazing, really. How to do a Gary Stu right, absolutely hilarious with some great life lessons in each episode that does vary. I found every single episode quite hilarious, and it didn't feel all that repetetive, something I find other SoL/Comedy doesn't exactly manage to do all that well. Sakamoto as a character is just amazing - the way he is exaggerated as a character just makes him even more likeable, while he also got a great personality and way of handling each situation.

BnHA is generic and slow paced...but it does so much really well. The characters, to begin with, are all quite nice and lovely. I didn't think the MC would actually be someone I would like and care for, but it did a great job at making him more than just a whiny brat who does nothing for the entirety of the show. Additionally, it had some good development going on and the animation is not all that bad. The latest episodes in particular were astounding and a really enjoyable watch, I hope it gets a 2nd season, because imo it deserves it.
Jun 20, 2016 9:27 AM

Sep 2015
Re: Zero was more watchable than I thought it would, but still dropped it. My biggest dissapointment was Joker Game, but I've only seen the first couple of episodes, so I wouldn't know if it gets better or not.
Jun 20, 2016 11:27 AM

Feb 2016
Dissapointed:Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Surprised:Bungou Stray Dogs

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

(✿◕ᴗ◕)人(◕ᴗ◕✿)

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Anime you would watch if it never ended

ST63LTH - 6 hours ago

6 by Serafos »»
4 minutes ago

» Shouldn't Streaming Service be charging for Subtitles Per Episode to keep up with cost?

Dragevard - 43 minutes ago

5 by APolygons2 »»
6 minutes ago

» Your favorite anime OP

Goblingaming - 8 hours ago

29 by RaiYou »»
11 minutes ago

» Great Anime that have 5 seasons or more that is underwatched.

RjtheGreat14 - 4 hours ago

11 by Serafos »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Your favourite genre with predominantly female cast?

Sanjay63773 - 1 hour ago

5 by Serafos »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.