Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, they got locked up...sigh.
I guess Biba is really trying to discourage resistance even if it's Ikoma. The fact that he is a Kabaneri means he does have potential to fight against him and his crew.

Glad to see a rising up against the hunters although I dislike how they use dirty tactics to gain advantages.
I just find it sad that it came down to this type of conflict. Well Biba is pretty much the big bad of this season so yeah. And poor Mumei D:

Damn it, cliffhanger....and Takumi :<
Stark700Jun 16, 2016 9:33 AM
Jun 16, 2016 9:34 AM

Apr 2008
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
I guess Biba is really trying to discourage resistance even if it's Ikoma. The fact that he is a Kabaneri means he does have potential to fight against him and his crew.

Glad to see a rising up against the hunters although I dislike how they use dirty tactics to gain advantages.
I just find it sad that it came down to this type of conflict. Well Biba is pretty much the big bad of this season so yeah. And poor Mumei D:

Ohhhh dear. That doesn't look good
Jun 16, 2016 9:35 AM

Jun 2013
As expected Biba and Hunters try to crush any Resistance before it is Born....and Lock the Koutetsujou People up, so no can give any warning to other stations...But Sukari joined Hunters!? well that actually fits his personality somewhat...he himself personally said that he is an asshole...but some reason I think he did not seriously do it.

Yukina is pissed off him tough....and WTF is wrong with these hunters guys!? Arrogant one at least is more of OK guy but this Kukri Knife Bastard...He will die with scream.

But...as always with beaten down people....Rebellions will always born....Biba is so going to suffer. Or more like get pissed offf when Ikoma and Co. start their counter/retaliation attack.

Unless he knew that it was going to happen....and Sukari was spy.

Oh...shit oh shit oshit....Mumei got pumped with that Kuroi Kemuri stuff...TAKUMI!!! T:T
JarjaxleJun 16, 2016 12:36 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 16, 2016 9:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Stark700 said:

After seeing this and the image in that finale prediction thread, I'm kinda scared for her now
Jun 16, 2016 10:12 AM

Jun 2013
Tokoya said:
Darklight0303 said:

After seeing this and the image in that finale prediction thread, I'm kinda scared for her now

Sam here, but then remembered...Kuruse fell down with thatt Doc in last episode...after that suitcase with somekind of vaccine fell down too...vaccine that that's Doc's assistant said that they should use to return Horobi back normal...or at least that is what i got from the raw
JarjaxleJun 16, 2016 10:16 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 16, 2016 11:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Jarjaxle said:
Tokoya said:

Sam here, but then remembered...Kuruse fell down with thatt Doc in last episode...after that suitcase with somekind of vaccine fell down too...vaccine that that's Doc's assistant said that they should use to return Horobi back normal...or at least that is what i got from the raw
I forgot about that....That's true
Jun 16, 2016 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
Hmm.....I didn't see that coming...
Is Ikoma dead? It looked like Mumei stabbed lower than the heart, but I'm not sure. Besides that he lost his right arm and fell into the ocean...so...even if he's not dead, he's probably lost too much blood to control himself. The only way I can see them getting out of this is if Kurusu comes on his horse with the antidote, finds Kabane Ikoma, and uses it on him.

Edit: based on the preview,
Phoebe3315Jun 16, 2016 12:14 PM
Jun 16, 2016 12:08 PM

Apr 2008
Phoebe3315 said:
Hmm.....I didn't see that coming...
Is Ikoma dead? It looked like Mumei stabbed lower than the heart, but I'm not sure. Besides that he lost his right arm and fell into the ocean...so...even if he's not dead, he's probably lost too much blood to control himself. The only way I can see them getting out of this is if Kurusu comes on his horse with the antidote, finds Kabane Ikoma, and uses it on him.

Ikoma regenerated from having his stomach bitten into. He'll live from losing an arm. He is a Kabaneri after all
Jun 16, 2016 12:22 PM

Aug 2010
"Watashi ga Support shimasho" XD

RIP Takumi (T^T)7

Glad Mumei resisted but ofc bitchass biba has brainswashing injections --__--

Ain't even worried about Ikoma. I'm worried for Ayame tho :(
Jun 16, 2016 12:35 PM

Jul 2012
Based on what Biba says to Ayame and then Ikoma, I'm willing to bet he had a lot of really good friends who died because of his father. Considering he was only 12 at the time, that must have been pretty traumatic. Now we know Biba was 2 years old when the first Kabane appeared so it is literally impossible he is the reason for their existence.
Jun 16, 2016 12:44 PM

Jun 2013
Phoebe3315 said:
Based on what Biba says to Ayame and then Ikoma, I'm willing to bet he had a lot of really good friends who died because of his father. Considering he was only 12 at the time, that must have been pretty traumatic. Now we know Biba was 2 years old when the first Kabane appeared so it is literally impossible he is the reason for their existence.

Did not even believe that he was any-kind of part of what ever made Kabanes from the start...don't currently believe that anyone from Government is any part of it. why the hell they would make virus that causes them to lose almost entire country to Kabanes....I know that if they were going to make a weapon that got out of the hands then they are quilty...but currently I believe that it was not government

In Next Episode:
JarjaxleJun 16, 2016 12:49 PM

Jun 16, 2016 12:47 PM

Apr 2008
Jarjaxle said:
Phoebe3315 said:

Did not even believe that he was any-kind of part of what ever made Kabanes from the start...don't currently believe that anyone from Government is any part of it. why the hell they would make virus that causes them to lose almost entire country to Kabanes....I know that if they were going to make a weapon that got out of the hands then they are quilty...but currently I believe that it was not government

No it's possible that it's an experiment gone awry
Jun 16, 2016 12:52 PM

Jul 2012
Jarjaxle said:
Phoebe3315 said:

I was just saying that because I know some people blamed Biba for potentially creating the Kabane. Anyway...if the virus was created by mankind, it seems most likely to me that someone like Soue (that creepy doctor) did it.
Jun 16, 2016 1:05 PM

Apr 2008
Given Sahari once again pwned both Kabaneri with his bare hands this episode it's safe to say the guy is much more trained and powerful than he looks. Heck he might even be the one who taught Mumei how to fight given he can use brute force and hand to hand to disable Kabaneri. It makes his quick disabling of Ikoma last episode much more legitimate. Of course some people will still deny it and call bullshit but meh.

Well other than the shotgun blast to the arm for poor Ikoma but you get the point
Darklight0303Jun 16, 2016 1:19 PM
Jun 16, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2012
I know a lot of people will probably still hate Mumei after this episode, but she made me really happy by blatantly disobeying Biba to his face and choosing to side with Ikoma. If she had tried helping the Koutetsujou crew from the beginning the outcome would have been the same, but then there wouldn't have been much point to the conflict she had with Ikoma in episode 8. I just hope she snaps out of it soon.
Jun 16, 2016 1:54 PM

Oct 2012
I was like yay Mumei's seeing the light! Then she lost it...
Ikoma's alive as we can all tell... But... Takumi T^T

I saw Ikoma cutting his hair in the preview, is that a sign of him strengthening his conviction and becoming stronger?
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 16, 2016 1:55 PM

Apr 2008
Also interesting comment from the masked guy. Apparently Male Kabaneri are super rare? Wonder why
Jun 16, 2016 1:58 PM

Apr 2008
gust11 said:
I was like yay Mumei's seeing the light! Then she lost it...
Ikoma's alive as we can all tell... But... Takumi T^T

I saw Ikoma cutting his hair in the preview, is that a sign of him strengthening his conviction and becoming stronger?

She didn't lose it. Biba STOLE it from her by force.

Takumi was a bro to the end T_T
Darklight0303Jun 16, 2016 2:01 PM
Jun 16, 2016 2:09 PM

Mar 2011
They could have killed anyone, i wouldn't have minded. But why Takumi? He was a bro! ;_;
Now Ikoma needs to get his shits together and kill Biba, enough of getting beaten up all the time.
Jun 16, 2016 2:12 PM

Apr 2008
Hikari_Hoshisora said:
They could have killed anyone, i wouldn't have minded. But why Takumi? He was a bro! ;_;
Now Ikoma needs to get his shits together and kill Biba, enough of getting beaten up all the time.

Well he's short one arm atm. Wonder if he'll graft his nail gun to his arm
Jun 16, 2016 2:32 PM

Apr 2014
At least the stone is still safe. I have a feeling it's going to be important in the next couple of episodes

Jun 16, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2015
Jesus christ. This episode was amazing. I wonder how Ikoma is going to get back to the train. RIP Takumi, he definitely didn't deserve that end. It would be cool if he could somehow revive off that rock but I'm pretty sure it's impossible. Glad Mumei tried acting on her own, but Biba wins this battle once again.
Jun 16, 2016 2:43 PM

May 2016
OH......MY......GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

Finally SOMETHING happens...The show was too safe till now...Still kinda safe, but like, way more tolerable with its safety level...

And i'm glad Biba is still somewhat smart even tho he's batshit crazy...

Also, drugs convenience to make Mumei keep working for the enemy until the climax...

Also...
HyperLJun 16, 2016 2:51 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 16, 2016 2:44 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Hikari_Hoshisora said:

Well he's short one arm atm. Wonder if he'll graft his nail gun to his arm

Strap it with leather into shoulder from the front so you can use only hand left in trigger? or something like that...wonder why the rifles they are using don't have leather straps in thme? would make them easier to carry...or am I remembering it wrong?

Jun 16, 2016 2:45 PM

Apr 2008
OrangeJP said:
At least the stone is still safe. I have a feeling it's going to be important in the next couple of episodes

At most I think it will be key to Mumei snapping out from the influence of the drug. Doubt there's any special powers connected to it
Jun 16, 2016 2:49 PM
Apr 2010
Ok that was probably the most pointless death scene of a side character I have seen... Blocking a shot that was OBVIOUSLY not aimed at a vital part. Literally a plot device. F***ing Christ I was wtfing on that the whole time. Oh, and Mumei stabbed Ikoma in the abdomen, nowhere near his kabane heart. Ugh, train-wreck plot and super condensed deus-ex conclusion inc...
Jun 16, 2016 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty nice episode, of course I was expecting that death in some sense, but at the same time I wouldn't mind it that much of course to be quite frankly honest with you.

Aside from that, I don't think Ikoma would die that easily, if he did then the show would have ended there or the sorts. There's still more to see at the very least.

Also inb4 hate comments.
Jun 16, 2016 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
Flipside101 said:
Ok that was probably the most pointless death scene of a side character I have seen... Blocking a shot that was OBVIOUSLY not aimed at a vital part. Literally a plot device. F***ing Christ I was wtfing on that the whole time. Oh, and Mumei stabbed Ikoma in the abdomen, nowhere near his kabane heart. Ugh, train-wreck plot and super condensed deus-ex conclusion inc...

Well in comparison this isn't much of a problem (I mean in terms of what you mean by pointless death scenes, I've seen worse, but who knows though)

As for the other things I was kind of expecting that so I wasn't surprised but it didn't bugged me much in the end of the day.
Jun 16, 2016 3:04 PM

Jun 2009
the try too break out and get mumei and ayame back was kinda cool but i hate the overall movement of the anime the first ep where awesome and since biba showed up it really got dark and went totally down i hate where it is going atm and takumis death was soo sad
but i knew that he would save ikoma the next moment he gets attacked still really sad ;(
Jun 16, 2016 3:11 PM

Aug 2015
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Takumiiiii :(

That was unpredictable episode.
Jun 16, 2016 3:14 PM

May 2016
Flipside101 said:

What do you mean it was not aimed at a vital point? I don't see absolute proof of that...

And Mumei is drugged, is not like she can "access" all the knowledge of her brain right now to remember that a Kabane/Kabaneri only dies with the heart pierced, i'm preety sure she can only obey and think about simple actions...

Mumei's mind: "I want you to kill him"?.....Kill? How to kill? Oh I know...stabbing kills people, I'll just stab him with this knife I have." (If you rewatch the scene, you can notice that it taked about 10 seconds between Bibas order and Mumeis reaction)
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 16, 2016 3:16 PM

Nov 2014
Is there a name for the trope that describes Biba? The omnipotent last-minute villain, maybe?

Everything is so forced and ass-pully now.

3/5
Jun 16, 2016 3:23 PM

Jun 2014
RIP Takumi, a true bro until the very end.

I saw Ikoma in the episode preview so he obviously didn't die. I wasn't expecting him to anyway.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 16, 2016 3:25 PM
Apr 2010
HyperL said:
Flipside101 said:

What do you mean it was not aimed at a vital point? I don't see absolute proof of that...

And Mumei is drugged, is not like she can "access" all the knowledge of her brain right now to remember that a Kabane/Kabaneri only dies with the heart pierced, i'm preety sure she can only obey and think about simple actions...

Mumei's mind: "I want you to kill him"?.....Kill? How to kill? Oh I know...stabbing kills people, I'll just stab him with this knife I have." (If you rewatch the scene, you can notice that it taked about 10 seconds between Bibas order and Mumeis reaction)

Uhhhh

At most it'll hit his center chest, but most likely just under his right pectoral. Now that you made me rewatch that scene, it's even more pointless because he was obviously going to use Mumei against him anyway, that shot was probably just to injure him so Mumei would have an even easier time.

And no duh she's not going to kill him, its just another plot device. We have at least 2 more episodes to go...
Jun 16, 2016 3:26 PM

Jan 2011
I smell a Deus in bound.

Flipside101 said:
Only technical thing that really got me was the fact that weapon is designed to pen something with way more protection at greater distances. I know it's really late in the game of theatrics to go on about that seeing as assault rifles up close only seem to penetrate one person or miss at lose angles.

Don't really care much for Mumei anymore. She was an obnoxious quip at the start and then she took the imouto role to the hilt so she was written off pretty early in my bok as interesting character.
QWERTYFish25Jun 16, 2016 3:31 PM
Jun 16, 2016 3:40 PM

May 2016
Flipside101 said:
HyperL said:

Uhhhh

At most it'll hit his center chest, but most likely just under his right pectoral. Now that you made me rewatch that scene, it's even more pointless because he was obviously going to use Mumei against him anyway, that shot was probably just to injure him so Mumei would have an even easier time.

And no duh she's not going to kill him, its just another plot device. We have at least 2 more episodes to go...

There are other explanations for that...
It could be that Takumi flinched and bent himself a little after taking the shot (it doesn't look like he is totally upright), so the shot was actually aimed higher then it is shown...
Or it could simply be because the animators didn't think that the way they drawed could've imply that conclusion (because who woulda've thought about that really).

And I don't think he was planning on using Mumei from the beggining, the way he talked before shooting made it seem like he was seriously going to kill Ikoma himself.
HyperLJun 16, 2016 3:51 PM
Jun 16, 2016 3:43 PM

Jan 2011
Might have to bump this down. Haven't been feeling the show since Biba was introduced. The second half of episode 8 at least.
Jun 16, 2016 3:56 PM
Apr 2010
HyperL said:
Flipside101 said:

Uhhhh

It could be that Takumi flinched and bent himself a little after taking the shot (it doesn't look like he is totally upright), so the shot was actually aimed higher then it is shown...
Or it could simply be because the animators didn't think that the way they drawed could've imply that conclusion (because who woulda've thought about that really).

And I don't think he was planning on using Mumei from the beggining, the way he talked before shooting made it seem like he was seriously going to kill Ikoma himself.

Reach harder. The proof is in the pic, and the timeline of the events in the episode. Assumptions are assumptions until proven.
Jun 16, 2016 4:07 PM

Apr 2008
Flipside101 said:
HyperL said:

Reach harder. The proof is in the pic, and the timeline of the events in the episode. Assumptions are assumptions until proven.

I find it funny how you expected Takumi to instantly judge that the shot would not be fatal. Because he's a Kabaneri like Mumei who can read a sign while the train speeds by at top speed. Oh wait. No he can't. He's an average joe who cares dearly about his friend. In the time it takes for him to confirm that the aim would not be lethal Biba would shoot. So he naturally jumped in front of the shot since he regretted not doing that back in episode two. The only one reaching here is you.
Jun 16, 2016 4:12 PM
Apr 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Flipside101 said:

I find it funny how you expected Takumi to instantly judge that the shot would not be fatal. Because he's a Kabaneri like Mumei who can read a sign while the train speeds by at top speed. Oh wait. No he can't. He's an average joe who cares dearly about his friend. In the time it takes for him to confirm that the aim would not be lethal Biba would shoot. So he naturally jumped in front of the shot since he regretted not doing that back in episode two. The only one reaching here is you.

Again, assumptions, I didn't say anything about takumi judging anything. I didn't even see him move. Yet in the screenshot the wound's trajectory wouldn't even be near his heart - it wasn't even within the same quadrant. Reaching? Try harder m8.
Jun 16, 2016 4:15 PM

Apr 2008
Flipside101 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Again, assumptions, I didn't say anything about takumi judging anything. I didn't even see him move. Yet in the screenshot the wound's trajectory wouldn't even be near his heart - it wasn't even within the same quadrant. Reaching? Try harder m8.

wow you're so obviously ignoring my point your agenda is pathetically obvious. He even says it. He carried the regret of not taking the bullet for Ikoma in episode two. He said it with his own dying breath. So naturally this time he would jump in front of the bullet no matter where it was aimed as long as it was aimed at Ikoma. You are literally complaining that Takumi was not Omniscient. Talk about pathetic.
Jun 16, 2016 4:19 PM
Apr 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Flipside101 said:

wow you're so obviously ignoring my point your agenda is pathetically obvious. He even says it. He carried the regret of not taking the bullet for Ikoma in episode two. He said it with his own dying breath. So naturally this time he would jump in front of the bullet no matter where it was aimed as long as it was aimed at Ikoma. You are literally complaining that Takumi was not Omniscient. Talk about pathetic.

Sorry, wrong character, mixed up ikoma with takumi. Thought ikuma was the one reacting. Either way, his "regret" adds nothing to the show; he wasn't exactly an integral part of ikoma's character progression, other than "you killed muh friend, now I will vengaence!".

Again sorry for the character mixup.
Jun 16, 2016 4:21 PM

May 2016
Flipside101 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Can you tell me how to post images? Or how do you find this images to post? Or whatever you have to do? I want to show you a image from the anime for my next point...
Jun 16, 2016 4:25 PM
Apr 2010
HyperL said:
Flipside101 said:

Can you tell me how to post images? Or how do you find this images to post? Or whatever you have to do? I want to show you a image from the anime for my next point...

I use puush - google it - it takes screen shots and gives you a link for it.
Jun 16, 2016 4:27 PM

Apr 2008
HyperL said:
Flipside101 said:

the code is img*insert pic URL here*/img with the img segments surrounded in square brackets
Jun 16, 2016 4:49 PM

May 2016
Darklight0303 said:
HyperL said:

the code is img*insert pic URL here*/img with the img segments surrounded in square brackets

First of all, thanks for both of you

Now...@Flipside101
You pretty are pretty much saying that you believe way more in what is shown then all of our assumptions...look at this image then

Now, what we see here is Biba aiming his gun at a straight direction...But what is implied from your image is that the shot was aimed in a lower region then what my image implies...Now those two images separated contradicts each other, but when I use a little logical procedure and connect the two, I can conclude that the shot was indeed aimed higher, and Takumi taked that shot, which cause him to bent (like I had assumed previously) just like it's shown in your image. Now my little assumption have some backup to it, doesn't it? Unless you have another explanation for it, but that will also end up being a assumption of you own...
Jun 16, 2016 5:04 PM

Dec 2015
well that was slightly unexpected...
Jun 16, 2016 5:07 PM
Jul 2014
Sucks what happened with Takumi, I actually liked him. Mumei though, sigh.....

Honestly haven't liked this series nearly as much ever since Biba stepped into the picture. No idea how they'll wrap this up in two more episodes.
Jun 16, 2016 5:09 PM

Dec 2012
Ikoma & the others planning to revolt. Biba anticipated this to happen & switched the keys.
Nice to see Suzuki again.
That bastard killed Takumi & corrupted Mumei.
Ikoma getting stabbed & fell out of the train again.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 16, 2016 5:25 PM

Jan 2013
lol why did tokumi follow ikoma anyway ? was he gonna rekt everyone with his steel pipe or something
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.