Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I almost cried. The sight of the coffin after Messer's death...almost unbelievable.
One interesting little thing is that I think Hayate may have developed a rivalry/grudge against Keith (White Knight).

Winderemere also making their grand move..interesting.

I take this episode as more of a way to celebrate Messer's life and what he has accomplished. Never forget, RIP.
Jun 12, 2016 8:48 AM
Feb 2013
Sigh this episode had me in tears :'( RIP Messer
Jun 12, 2016 11:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
RIP Messer. He really is gone but he lives on in everyone's heart. The feels were strong.

The music this episode. I loved the Macross 7 homage, that scene with the acoustic rendition of Remember 16 was perfect. And that acapella by Walkure. Woof!

And Windermere brings out a capital ship. You know what this means...Macross ship action incoming
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 13, 2016 8:25 AM
Apr 2016
Not really that good... Maybe just me not like Messer enough?Sure he is a cool guy, but, yeah... Man Windamere is desperate and fanatic, gonna make a Brisingr cluster co-prosperity sphere now arent you?

EDIT: What happened in EP10, the knights just GTFO from Al Shahal becasue Heniz is out and no more Heniz singing deuff on Al Shahal?
AventineJun 13, 2016 8:47 AM
Jun 14, 2016 3:52 AM
Apr 2014
I absolutely bawled at the end of the episode...tears can't stop streaming~~

RIP Messer,

Hope Hayate lives up to his promise to Messer~~
Jun 14, 2016 6:07 AM

Jul 2011
I really felt it when Kaname sang.
Jun 14, 2016 9:25 AM

Dec 2013
Oh you there. That surprise insert!
I felt a pang of nostalgia when the kids were singing Remember 16, I could almost hear Basara's voice in my head singing along. The last song for Messer's send off, however, wasn't as powerful as I'd expected it to be. Perhaps if they'd added more of the sound of waves and the sea, it may have been better.

Still, that ceremony was nice and private, and I actually approve the merits of celebration of his life over mourning over his loss. Loved the send off ceremony and the heartfelt comments by his friends all around.

I just hope Hayate doesn't just suddenly get some sort of inexplicable Ace-Pilot boost though, that would be way to unrealistic, even with Messer's flight logs pointing out his mistakes and all that. He's still not on the level of Keith, for sure.

Speaking of Keith, that scene where he pulled a knife on blabbermouth was awesome. His acknowledgment of the strength and ability of his arch nemesis, and his lack of tolerance for Bogue's insult of Messer's skill was truly a sight to behold.

Looking forward to more reveals about Windemere's "shame". Somehow I get the feeling that it's not as big of a crisis as they are making it out to be. Would love to see some actual space dog fights though, since all their skirmishes so far have been planetary ones.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 14, 2016 11:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
L-Ryoshi said:
Oh you there. That surprise insert!

I just hope Hayate doesn't just suddenly get some sort of inexplicable Ace-Pilot boost though, that would be way to unrealistic, even with Messer's flight logs pointing out his mistakes and all that. He's still not on the level of Keith, for sure.

You make some real good points. Like you I'm hoping that they don't go over the top and all shounen on usand powering Hayate up with little buildup. Macross generally does these things well. Neither Hikaru in SDFM or Alto in Frontier were the best pilots in their units and the likes of Basara in 7 or Isamu in Plus were always incredible pilots to begin with.

Delta will need reinforcements though. I wonder who this Lady M is and what she will bring to the table.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 14, 2016 6:19 PM

Jun 2013
That was an extremely sad and beautiful episode!
Jun 14, 2016 6:52 PM

Apr 2011
I really don't feel Messer's death. I think his death felt too soon.

This setup felt like its the final battle. Still, Mikumo and the other's singing still sent chills.
Jun 14, 2016 7:49 PM
Mar 2016
I,m cryinggg... huhuhh
Jun 14, 2016 8:06 PM

Mar 2013
Those motherfuckers are lucky they even had a body to bury. I'm reading Spitfire Pilot right now and during the Battle of Britain, people would just disappear, nobody saw what happened because they were busy fighting and then they'd go down over the channel and they'd just be gone, except sometimes, a few weeks later, a body will wash ashore.

At least, I think they had a body this time, since they said he came back, but it was closed casket so can't be 100% sure about that.

Oh well, I'm pretty sure open casket is an american thing anyways.
Jun 14, 2016 10:57 PM

May 2015
Lady M and her Backup Hmm who could that be? :))
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2016 3:11 AM

Jan 2009
sad episode Messer really did died and he was precisely shot in the heart too by Keith what a genius monster of an opponent i wonder how Hayate will take him down
Jun 15, 2016 5:54 AM
Apr 2016
fst said:
Those motherfuckers are lucky they even had a body to bury. I'm reading Spitfire Pilot right now and during the Battle of Britain, people would just disappear, nobody saw what happened because they were busy fighting and then they'd go down over the channel and they'd just be gone, except sometimes, a few weeks later, a body will wash ashore.

At least, I think they had a body this time, since they said he came back, but it was closed casket so can't be 100% sure about that.

Oh well, I'm pretty sure open casket is an american thing anyways.

They even recovered his plane so the body is probably in it anyway. As for the body itself, I doubt there is any intact diginified chunk left...
Jun 15, 2016 12:54 PM

Mar 2016
The episode was average... Except that poor rendition of a M7 song. It was decent.
Jun 15, 2016 7:31 PM

Apr 2012
Okay, so I cried.
A little.

T_T
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 15, 2016 10:34 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! A capital class ship! They need to call Saitama!
4/5.

Jun 16, 2016 6:03 AM

Dec 2014
Well more or less it was tribute to messer.....

I kinda miss that guy too
Jun 17, 2016 2:26 AM

May 2013
Was praying for the slight slight chance of Messer surviving but that got instantly shut down as soon as I saw the cloudy sky in the first 5 seconds...

I was about to bitch about how little time they gave Messer but the send off at the end did him justice. Got me a bit teary eyed.
Jun 17, 2016 5:11 PM

Jul 2012
L-Ryoshi said:

I also agree with this, surely his dancing and resonance with Freyja's voice will become integral and that they can find some way to amplify that without giving him a complete 180 with only one episode.

I ended up seeing the send-off at the end without subs, and man.... I didn't even know what was going on at that point but it sent a chill down my spine. Even after subs were released I had to rewatch it a few more times. Giraffe Blues always hits me, I dunno what it is. Hearing Kaname's partial solo was a nice bonus.
Jun 18, 2016 2:12 AM

Jul 2007
Farabeuf said:

Delta will need reinforcements though. I wonder who this Lady M is and what she will bring to the table.

Mylene?
Minmay?

Both kind of would make sense, but I sure as hell would love Basara making them listen to his song.
Jun 18, 2016 1:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Fai said:
Farabeuf said:

Mylene?
Minmay?

Both kind of would make sense, but I sure as hell would love Basara making them listen to his song.

Basara would be too awesome. Problem is his song is too powerful for the Knights and Windermere. Just imagine the likes of Bogue exposed to a full speakerpod version of "Holy Lonely Night"

My dark horse for Lady M is Millia herself (Myung from Macross Plus?)

Jun 22, 2016 11:28 AM
Nov 2008
Lt. Messer.... o7

*sniff* That ending...just beautiful especially Kaname's.
Jul 16, 2016 11:25 AM

Feb 2015
This is probably one of my fav episode and i think one of the best episode so far. Most reason because they managed to pulled the after match of the atmosphere. i mean, previous episode. someone important just died, and i like how they managed to pull the right, catchy atmosphere for the after match. it's silent, sad and emotional. moreover this show has a big connection with the "music". it makes more impact with the atmosphere especially that ending. almost made me cry tbh. cause the dude who just died likes that girl. and when i saw her cried like that, suddenly it went emotional with the music.

really like how they made this episode.
and i wonder who is Lady M....interesting....
that after credit scene tho....shit is getting real...
looking foward for the next episode.
Jul 23, 2016 3:18 AM

May 2014
Loved the ending song <3
RIP Messer. YOU WILL BE MISSED. Things finally start to get interesting again. 4.5/5
Jul 23, 2016 1:39 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah Messer's death didn't mean much to me. They already foreshadowed his death so it was obvious he'd die first. It's nice that the characters were actually mourning the entire episode (well, half of it being about the villains). Anime shows usually tend to quickly move on and forget about the dead.

But yeah, the high point of the episode was Remember 16. I wouldn't mind some more Macross 7 love, but I guess this was the quota for this show.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 26, 2016 1:44 AM

Dec 2009
I was almost getting emotional and suddenly Mikumo started fucking singing outta nowhere.

Though Kaname's rendition of Giraffe Blues is beautiful so all is forgiven. Great episode.
Oct 16, 2016 5:00 PM

Feb 2013
As soon as Kaname started singing that was it. 5/5
Dec 5, 2016 2:32 AM

Jul 2014
Messer. :(

Also that song they sang at the beach.... gets me every time. Ugh.. I love it T___T
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .

More topics from this board

» Movie vs TV Series

Reshiram_IX - Jan 16, 2023

9 by donnascherer »»
Mar 16, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2015

447 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 1, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

246 by AdrianShephardt »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

35 by SilverCrono »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM

» Macross Delta underrated? ( 1 2 )

SaltyShoebill - Apr 26, 2016

66 by procion »»
Aug 31, 2022 12:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.