Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 12, 2016 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Mumei still not getting along with some of her comrades.

I find the world building somewhat interesting particularly with how the group are planning their next strategy. I also find it interesting to also see the internal network of the rail tracks with the various roles the characters undertake this episode. Mumei's still badass as ever since last time. I think they're also putting more faith into Ikoma and allowing them to use certain devices with them.

Those eyes. What a monster at the end...

Stark700May 12, 2016 9:34 AM
May 12, 2016 9:32 AM

Jun 2013
Wow...Poor Mumei....controllers are here.....and looks like they don't like their Weapon is acting it's own.....god dammit....

Damn that City/station/direction changer...or what ever it is looks awesome....

Damn Mumei is bad ass as always....but he bite more that she could chew..her overconfidence came back to bite her ass.... Literally...

sO__O WTF!?!?! IS THAT!!! and a Cliffhanger....Damn...Cool Episode!!!
JarjaxleMay 12, 2016 9:44 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 12, 2016 9:34 AM

Nov 2013
The only thing that I didn't expect is the fact that somehow Snake is suddenly part of the show.

oh yeah,
GethemalotMay 12, 2016 9:40 PM
May 12, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2012
Some backstabber dude Mumei definitely knows, and lots of Aniki mentioned.

I perhaps misheard, but ..."waifu"?

Anyway, Mumei gets cranky after talking to the guy and deliberately or not, got herself on everyone's bad side.

Kicks some serious ass, injured, cliffhanged :]
May 12, 2016 11:17 AM

Jul 2014
Oh my, what an episode~

Gotta love Mumei~

That ending though~
May 12, 2016 11:37 AM

Apr 2015
Mumei thinks rational and appropriate to the situation -> "she's a Kabane after all", I'm sorry what?

Aside from the people that get annoying as hell now, I liked the little hints toward a bigger plot and Mumei's backstory. Also I'm interested how this shadowy thing works.

Maybe it's a creature consisting of a huge amount of Kabane that melded together under strong heat?
May 12, 2016 11:43 AM

Apr 2008
Fappa said:
Mumei thinks rational and appropriate to the situation -> "she's a Kabane after all", I'm sorry what?

Aside from the people that get annoying as hell now, I liked the little hints toward a bigger plot and Mumei's backstory. Also I'm interested how this shadowy thing works.

Maybe it's a creature consisting of a huge amount of Kabane that melded together under strong heat?

Watch the preview for the next episode to for the answer about the creature.
May 12, 2016 12:23 PM
Jan 2015
Damn, what a thrilling episode. It seems after the entire time for Mumei trying to build up relationship with the others on the train it all ends up in disaster with her interaction with that one-legged guy, I'm hoping we'll see some backstory / history for him and Mumei.

As usual, Mumei is a complete bad-ass until she eventually overworks herself in these fights.

And that black smoke Kabane, from that next episode preview I'm hyped!
SwiftyMay 19, 2016 11:38 AM
May 12, 2016 12:24 PM

Aug 2010
I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later. Mumei's still friggin BA but in the overall scheme she didn't do shit. And it kinda saddens me to say this since I love her a lot but she was kinda annoying this ep. Glad this happened this early on in the series since we'll get her development sooner. That kick boxer wazatori was cool tho

And WTH was that at the end O_o A fusion of Kabane?
May 12, 2016 12:24 PM

Nov 2009
The first half was slow but when I was about to get disappointed, action picked up full throttle!
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 12, 2016 12:28 PM

May 2011
Fucking called it, now they have kabane titans too. *slow clap*
May 12, 2016 12:39 PM

Apr 2008
Vokoca said:

It's not a kabane titan. It's an amalgamation of Kabane. Show me where Titans combine into something bigger or kindly keep your trap shut
May 12, 2016 12:58 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Vokoca said:

It's not a kabane titan. It's an amalgamation of Kabane. Show me where Titans combine into something bigger or kindly keep your trap shut

But it is still a titan... From what it is made doesn't change the fact...
May 12, 2016 12:59 PM

Apr 2008
DrBlock42 said:
Darklight0303 said:

No it's not. You don't know what an amalgamation is? A titan is one entity. This is a whole bunch of them clustered together and functioning as a bigger form.
May 12, 2016 1:02 PM
Feb 2015
Cool epsiode!
Things really start to look bad for the passengers of the train...
But one thing that doesn't look bad is the animation :')

Talking about animation - my one gripe with the epsiode: The 3D Kabane looked pretty shitt... C'mon Witt, you can do better than this!

I'm so happy this show is still fucking metal! I kinda feared the usual 'well, it started good, but now...' would happen, but no!
May 12, 2016 1:03 PM
Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:
DrBlock42 said:

No it's not. You don't know what an amalgamation is? A titan is one entity. This is a whole bunch of them clustered together and functioning as a bigger form.
No need to explain things, some people just cant stop comparing AoT to this
May 12, 2016 1:04 PM

Apr 2008
SavageKaneki21 said:
Darklight0303 said:

I know and it's so fucking pathetic
May 12, 2016 1:05 PM

Jan 2013
Darklight0303 said:
DrBlock42 said:

Applause ! You put him in his place !
May 12, 2016 1:05 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
DrBlock42 said:

I think he was talking about the concept of a big titan-esque entity...
And isn't that just the 'smoke'. I don't think the 'titan' (for the lack of a better word) is just a bunch of Kabane that hold on to each other. I'm pretty sure it is one blob of Kabane-material.
May 12, 2016 1:06 PM

Apr 2008
DrBlock42 said:
Darklight0303 said:

And isn't that just the 'smoke'. I don't think the 'titan' (for the lack of a better word) is just a bunch of Kabane that hold on to each other. I'm pretty sure it is one blob of Kabane-material.

Kabane no katamari. Kurokeburi. This line is in the preview. Katamari = Cluster. Clustered up Kabane. You lose.
May 12, 2016 1:06 PM
Feb 2015
SavageKaneki21 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well yeah, because it is the concept of AoT done right...
May 12, 2016 1:09 PM

Apr 2008
We finally get a glimpse of Mumei's past. That girl in the flashback was dressed in the same garb as Mumei so another Kabaneri? If so why was she put down like that.
May 12, 2016 1:10 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
DrBlock42 said:

Kabane no katamari. Kurokeguri. This line is in the preview. Katamari = Cluster. Clustered up Kabane. You lose.

So you're telling me that it is a bunch of Kabane holding on to each other and communicating so well that they can form a big fucking 'titan' with a distinct form and even a mouth! Why would a cluster need a mouth??

Being a cluster does not mean, that they don't melt together, making them one single being.
May 12, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2008
DrBlock42 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Kabane no katamari. Kurokeguri. This line is in the preview. Katamari = Cluster. Clustered up Kabane. You lose.

So you're telling me that it is a bunch of Kabane holding on to each other and communicating so well that they can form a big fucking 'titan' with a distinct form and even a mouth! Why would a cluster need a mouth??

You can't see a mouth in that smoke and steam. You presume there's one because of the location of the eyes and the darker spot
May 12, 2016 1:14 PM

Jun 2015
I liked the episode. Kinda shit writing (no one bothered to mention the thousands of Kabane at the bottom? Mumei's just gonna act like a total cunt because someone hinted at conspiracy?? w/e) But the action was pretty damn intense. Who fucking cares about this show being like AoT?
May 12, 2016 1:15 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
DrBlock42 said:

You can't see a mouth in that smoke and steam. You presume there's one because of the location of the eyes and the darker spot

Kk, maybe we interpreted the rough outlines differently, but why would it than need eyes??
May 12, 2016 1:18 PM
Feb 2015
MozillaFennekin said:
I liked the episode. Kinda shit writing (no one bothered to mention the thousands of Kabane at the bottom? Mumei's just gonna act like a total cunt because someone hinted at conspiracy?? w/e) But the action was pretty damn intense. Who fucking cares about this show being like AoT?

I don't care, as long as Kabaneri stays better. But I can't stand people always shitting on everybody who brings up a similarity between these obviously pretty similar storys (luckily the quality is not similar xD)
May 12, 2016 1:20 PM

Apr 2008
DrBlock42 said:
MozillaFennekin said:

I don't care, as long as Kabaneri stays better. But I can't stand people always shitting on everybody who brings up a similarity between these obviously pretty similar storys (luckily the quality is not similar xD)

The only way they're similar at this point is if you make your arguments ludicrously vague and at that point you can apply them to countless other shows aside from Kabaneri. You've chosen a pointless battle that is already lost.
May 12, 2016 1:21 PM

Nov 2015
Mumei's timing combat just can't be ignored.
The world building is quite unique till now. The station system and networking all connected.
Really nice to see different settings each week.
OMG the black smoke reveal!
May 12, 2016 1:24 PM

Apr 2008
Also love that at the start of the episode Ikoma was nerding out about the modifications to the Bushi weapons and we finally see that Kabane like sword Kurusu uses in the OP. They used the Heartcage itself to smith that baby!
May 12, 2016 1:27 PM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
DrBlock42 said:

The only way they're similar at this point is if you make your arguments ludicrously vague and at that point you can apply them to countless other shows aside from Kabaneri. You've chosen a pointless battle that is already lost.

The hole idea is the same. The last few people live in small towns behind big walls and are beeing attacked by a overpowered army of enemys. The protagonist is half human/half enemy. Steampunk. High amount of violence. The family of the protagonist got murdered. Unusual art-styles. The similarities are big.
You can't possibly deny the fact, that they took the basic premise and the things everybody liked about AoT, polished it and wrote a story that goes imo in a better direction.
May 12, 2016 1:46 PM
Dec 2015
Well, I agree on the bad writing. It is a preference thing, but Mumei is a caricature of a bad ass. She feels so fake that it is hard for me to believe in the story thus far, but I know I am expecting too much. Maybe if I approached it as a B action movie, I'd like it.

I know I could change my wording and say, "she is such a bad ass, so inhuman," and the words could describe her as she isn't human, indeed. I just think they are obviously forcing things, she is basically a slave for driving the plot over the last few episodes.
May 12, 2016 1:49 PM

May 2012
Damn i feel bad for Mumei. Brother must be a savage to just throw away people like that.

Pretty good episode. I loving the character development in this series. Giving time to explain this like the gun and the Kabane sword. Another thing I really like is how Kurusu is still hurt. Usually he would have got that magical heal from last episode to this.

Seems like Mumei brother doesn't play no games. She really not the same after that talk he that old dude. Also giving how she was in the start of the series, I agree with him, she has gotten soft. At the same time she still fucked up the plan so... I'm pretty sure some alone time in a cave with Ikoma will help her ;)

WTF was that at the end!? Man I can't wait for the next episode.

AntearionMay 12, 2016 1:55 PM
May 12, 2016 1:50 PM

Jul 2015
The first half feels kind of weird, especially with the "troubled humans" again. Nevertheless, the second half goes back to the full package of action, which basically defines this series. The characterization attempts for Mumei are pretty interesting as well. I hope that they will come back to it later on.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 12, 2016 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
they had their hands full with kabane and now there's that black smoke
gg.
damn cliffhanger, can't wait for ep6
does anyone know how many eps this anime is gonna have?
May 12, 2016 1:58 PM
Oct 2009
2DHeart said:
It is a preference thing, but Mumei is a caricature of a bad ass. She feels so fake

Actually, I would say that's kind of the whole point the episode was making.

For a couple of reasons, Mumei isn't nearly as "badass" as she wants to be.

Or, more importantly, not as badass as her "brother" might want her to be.

That causes her to make foolish decisions, thinking this will calm her fears.

But it doesn't, as a matter of fact, since her state isn't too healthy. So she can't be a "badass" with impunity, at least not without suffering the consequences.
May 12, 2016 2:00 PM

Apr 2008
Another interesting thing is what Enocku was saying. Though I think Enoch sounds better.

So the Shogun is stockpiling weapons that can kill PEOPLE not Kabane. It sounds like they're setting themselves up either for a purge or to stop accepting refugees.
May 12, 2016 2:02 PM

May 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Vokoca said:

It is a giant enemy = titan. It doesn't matter how you want to call it, it doesn't change what this anime is.

I'm not even necessarily talking about "copying" per se, it just feels like the team is desperately clinging to the formula they know and are changing only as much as is absolutely necessary to get a different anime out of it. It just comes across as rather heavy handed, that is all.
VokocaMay 12, 2016 2:13 PM
May 12, 2016 2:04 PM
Feb 2015
Sometimes791 said:
The first half feels kind of weird, especially with the "troubled humans" again. Nevertheless, the second half goes back to the full package of action, which basically defines this series. The characterization attempts for Mumei are pretty interesting as well. I hope that they will come back to it later on.

Yeah, that seemed weired for me aswell, that the passangers are like 'Mumei = best girl' and five minutes later 'You're the true evil here!'. For the last 3 epsiodes they're shifiting between these two states. Seems really unnatural.
Did you like the epsiode aswell? :')
May 12, 2016 2:07 PM

Apr 2014
That amalgamation of zombies reminds me of that scene from Apocalypse no Toride

May 12, 2016 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
DrBlock42 said:
Yeah, that seemed weired for me aswell, that the passangers are like 'Mumei = best girl' and five minutes later 'You're the true evil here!'. For the last 3 epsiodes they're shifiting between these two states. Seems really unnatural.
Did you like the epsiode aswell? :')

That is my biggest problem in this episode. The reactions feel really unnatural and overall their behavior is strange. Another weird scene is the conversation for a plan.
Overall the episode is indeed enjoyable. If you don't watch this anime with the mindset of nitpicking, you're able to have a great time watching it.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 12, 2016 2:31 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Mumei's brother sounds like a certified dick

I'm curious to find out more about this little subplot that she has going involving this thing with the swordsman, her brother and this whole humans killing humans thing, because after that encounter with that dude + the flashback, it really messed her up big time :(

I really liked how everyone worked like a well oiled machine for the most part in this episode except for Mumei in the second and last third of the episode....She was badass but her personality and actions were retarded and look at what happened because of it

Ikoma continues to shit on Eren by being useful and intelligent via him making changes to everyone's weapons as well as for coming up with a great plan, even though his concern for Mumei after she went full retard kinda fucked everything up

But holy fuck, this station is a death trap lol....Way too many Kabane are here and that Black Smoke Monster thing is menacing as fuck, especially going by the PV
TokoyaMay 12, 2016 2:42 PM
May 12, 2016 2:34 PM

Sep 2015
Wow the black smoke is actually a "monster?"
I want to see Kurusu with the sword :c

cliffhanger '-'
May 12, 2016 2:38 PM

Dec 2012
Vokoca said:
Darklight0303 said:

It is a giant enemy = titan. It doesn't matter how you want to call it, it doesn't change what this anime is.

I'm not even necessarily talking about "copying" per se, it just feels like the team is desperately clinging to the formula they know and are changing only as much as is absolutely necessary to get a different anime out of it. It just comes across as rather heavy handed, that is all.

Nope, "giant" refers to the size, not to "Titan" as in the original meaning of the word, nor as used in the translation "Attack on Titan". That is, in SnK, "titan" was chosen specifically to allude to Eren Jaegar and the symbolism of his role in the story.

This thing looks like a locust, doesn't look even like a kabane.
May 12, 2016 2:39 PM

Jul 2015
Oh boy. More people with the need to compare one thing with the other. Anyway, pretty fucking awesome development right here. Kabane combining into a bigger entity is pretty cool. I wonder how they manage to move in sync.
May 12, 2016 2:43 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Pretty decent episode I guess. The first half was a bit slow and uninteresting, but things started to pick up in the second half. That group/cluster of kabane though O_O

3/5
May 12, 2016 2:54 PM
Apr 2016
This series seems very abridged. The characterizations are very weak and cliched. Why was everyone shouting in this episode?
May 12, 2016 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
Well things are escalating really quickly.

Interesting to see old Ikoma going back to what he do best, engineering genius that even Mgyver would be proud!

Anyway I like everyone that is arguing about THAT to shut the hell up as it's either trolling or feeding the troll.

Wait until next week to find out what it is THEN you can commence are a Sh** storm somewhere else.

Thank you
May 12, 2016 2:59 PM

May 2016
Pretty exciting episode, especially the second half.

I like Mumei (more than Ikoma), although her storyline in this episode was a bit too "in your face". Like, OK, we get it: sad backstory, shady dude comes back, "I'm worthless" attitude that will have to get corrected through the power of teamwork, yada yada.
VinyetMay 12, 2016 3:08 PM
May 12, 2016 3:06 PM

Apr 2015
So is no one gonna address what that one eyed guy said?

"While you're still human" clearly hints that being a Kabaneri is a limited thing. Seems like they slowly turn into a Kabane nevertheless.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.