Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 8, 2016 12:58 PM

Oct 2015
That is "serious", has some romance and I really liked it I get a kinda weird feeling and I feel a little sad.(Especially if the anime had a sad ending)

When I finished NGNL I didn't have that feeling but I really liked that anime.
But when I finished Steins;Gate I did have that feeling of emptiness and sadness, idk how to describe it.

Did you ever get that feeling too?
How did you overcome it?

Edit:
I would like to know what anime did make you feel that way, I would really appreciate it.
(Or which animes made you feel that way :D)
VenkinMay 9, 2016 9:32 AM
May 8, 2016 1:00 PM

Jul 2014
Find sequel.

No sequel? Watch recommendations.

Finished the recommendations? Watch some with the same tags.

That's how I got over Kokoro Connect anyways.
May 8, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 2012
Most everyone here has. Just go watch another anime till it goes away.
May 8, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2015
I did once, after finishing Terra E...

I actually listened to the soundtrack over and over, watched all the AMV, looked for all the fan art that I could find.

Then I started telling everyone to watch this show because it's amazing and because they told me to stop talking about it, I stopped.

This feeling usually pass after a few days, just find something else to watch and you'll be fine

May 8, 2016 1:10 PM

Oct 2014
There is only one solution, eat another dose of anime.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 8, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
Just let it pass. It happens to all of us.There is no all cure as well so find what out for yourself what it is that will ease that feeling.
May 8, 2016 1:57 PM

Oct 2012
I believe the coined term for what you're feeling is "Post Anime Depression" or "PAD". Atleast that's what me and my friends call it. I don't particularly get it alot anymore, but its generally how i sort out the difference between my 8's, 9's or 10s.
May 8, 2016 2:12 PM
Feb 2016
I read the manga if the manga is still continuing or I continue watching other anime
May 8, 2016 2:19 PM

May 2014
Because it reminds you of an aspect of your life or because you've grown attached to the characters?
May 8, 2016 2:21 PM

Mar 2016
Watch many animes. Also grab a good comedy anime, maybe Gintama or Konosuba.

It used to happen to me and felt a void for long period of time when I used to watch anime after long periods. But since I joined MAL and started watching lots of it I have gotten used to it and hardly ever feel too sad.
May 8, 2016 2:23 PM
Oct 2015
Animes are real drugs huh? If I finish an anime, that means I can start with a new one and it never stops... Which I find this awesome ^^ you always want more because of the universe, story, characters or everyhing else. I think that it really is cool!
May 8, 2016 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
Continue basking in this void feeling.
May 8, 2016 3:06 PM

Jul 2015
Haha I can relate. There are some anime that I really enjoy, but I don't feel that emptiness, but on other anime, I feel so empty that I literally have no idea what to watch next and then I feel sad.
The best way to overcome it is to watch another good anime. You need another anime to get you just as intrigued as that other anime got you. Over time, you'll end up losing that emptiness. Honestly, that emptiness is a good and bad thing. Bad because you feel empty lol, and good because that just goes to show how much you really enjoyed that anime and how good it really was.

caught in the wonder
May 8, 2016 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
I step back and take half a day or maybe a whole day off anime. The feeling might not leave completely but eventually it'll soften enough for me to pick up another.
May 8, 2016 3:13 PM
Jan 2014
I dont overcome that feeling, I just let the emptiness and sadness slap me all over the place :(
May 8, 2016 6:11 PM

Jan 2016
Sadly, i know that feeling, mostly when a masterpiece doesnt have a sequel, but in some cases i feel depressed when the romance has potential and is broken on the last ep ;-;.

Anyway, Don't, and i repeat, do not watch sad animes one after another... i did that once and i spent 1 week depressed on my room

Watch some comedies :P, trust me, they'll heal your broken heart
May 8, 2016 6:36 PM

Mar 2013
If there's source material, you could try reading that. Usually a look at a series in a different way gets me over feeling bad there isn't any more of it, because it's almost like there is more.
Have you ever heard a death rattle before? Do you think it'll live up to its name? Or will it just be a death...hairball?
May 8, 2016 6:41 PM

Oct 2015
I've had that feeling as well, I think it's because I don't watch too many Romantic anime. I got the feeling when the following ended:
- Angel Beats!
- Gosick
- Hataraku Maou-sama!
- Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
- Toradora!

I think it was only because the above mentioned were my first few series.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
May 8, 2016 6:55 PM

Oct 2012
Realible said:
Sadly, i know that feeling, mostly when a masterpiece doesnt have a sequel, but in some cases i feel depressed when the romance has potential and is broken on the last ep ;-;.

Anyway, Don't, and i repeat, do not watch sad animes one after another... i did that once and i spent 1 week depressed on my room

Watch some comedies :P, trust me, they'll heal your broken heart

When it comes to romances, I'd say Visual novels tend to do them best considering it allows for most ships to sail, so to speak. I've gotten to where i just tend to avoid the genre in anime these days unless it has an interesting premise, because it almost always leads to disappointment.
May 8, 2016 8:34 PM

Nov 2015
In the case of NGNL I guess you liked the story and setting rather than its characters and atmosphere.

In the case of Steins gate you formed an emotional attachment with the characters.

In other words, your relationship with NGNL was purely mechanical or technical (I know I'm using the wrong words here) whereas your relationship with s;g was emotional.
May 8, 2016 8:57 PM

Jan 2014
You can always rewatch it, or recommend it to your friends. I recommend Steins Gate many times.
May 8, 2016 9:06 PM

Apr 2015
I feel the same. I spend hours looking for something similar. That's why I went on a run of 10+ romance anime, because one led to another lol
May 9, 2016 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
Certain anime had that effect on me, and still does on occasion. Usually if it happens the best thing to do is to watch a more upbeat / cheerful anime.
May 9, 2016 12:50 AM

Jun 2015
I like to spend a while thinking about a show I really like after I finish it. Usually helps.

May 9, 2016 2:47 AM
May 2009
May 9, 2016 7:04 AM

Oct 2013
Same. Happends to everyone.
If there was a good ending that ends for example with a kiss, I might rewatch just that scene, and then go to another anime.sometimes on the way I put a wallpaper of that anime or something.
Had that feeling after steins;gate (mostly).
Other anime had that feeling too, but a bit.

Also, watching a comedy anime might help
May 9, 2016 7:06 AM

Jan 2013
Just give it time and watch more light hearted shows. Or re watch your favourite shows
May 9, 2016 9:29 AM

Oct 2015
GesuYarou said:
In the case of NGNL I guess you liked the story and setting rather than its characters and atmosphere.

In the case of Steins gate you formed an emotional attachment with the characters.

In other words, your relationship with NGNL was purely mechanical or technical (I know I'm using the wrong words here) whereas your relationship with s;g was emotional.

Hmm, now that I think about it, you are probably right and I got "connected" with the characters from S;G.

-----------------------------------------
I'm glad that there are people that get the same feeling, kinda selfish, but it's good to know that I'm not just the only one.
May 9, 2016 9:33 AM

Jul 2015
I know i had this feeling once but i forget when i got it or from which anime i got it
May 9, 2016 10:17 AM

Feb 2015
My very top fav anime made me feel like that. no! it was beyond something like that.
it was cencoroll. it has a really really mysterious and unexplainable feeling that i really really really love that i even want to live in that world.
Same with Selector Wixoss mysteriously. and this is the very most, or more like my number one reason why i watch and like anime.
May 9, 2016 10:23 AM

Dec 2015
I dont feel that way so I have no idea what ur talking about o.O
When a love interest dies, or gets rejected, only then im super sad n stuff. Otherwise nope
May 9, 2016 10:28 AM

Aug 2014
You are still relatively new it seems, after you watch more and more shows, you'll find it doesn't happen all that often. For the most part, just find another show to watch.
May 10, 2016 2:54 PM

Apr 2016
dude sometimes when i finish an anime i feel like what the f**k i dont know how to feel XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

19 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
15 seconds ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

6 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

50 by traed »»
4 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - Yesterday

8 by cody »»
22 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

137 by KittenCuddler »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.