Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »
May 8, 2016 12:59 AM
Mar 2012
Why's that dog bald?
Everyone (including dog) except Emilia is suspect to poisoning him.
2nd mansion death he didn't die by poison but by some gruesome chain weapon. So next time maybe he'll be careful of everything, or safer just run away.
sol/interactions really nice & funny.
black-yellow undies quite a fashion.
Someone implied to be a demon?
Now he's counting Emilia-tans.
She doesn't like visiting the village (must have some reason...)
2+ days shown this ep, not sure how many days passed...
May 8, 2016 1:03 AM

Jul 2014
gophercg said:
2+ days shown this ep, not sure how many days passed...
It is implied it was the same amount as in the first loop (5 days).
May 8, 2016 10:23 AM

Jan 2015
Damn he got killed again :D Damn this episode was intense.
May 8, 2016 10:57 AM
Nov 2015
shanimebib said:
I am starting to like Rem. That smile left me with quite an impression.

Emilia couldn't have put it more hurting way for Subaru! But she was cute as always.

Beatrice didn't forget about Subaru. Does that mean she has the ability to see resets?

I gotta admit the episode left more distinct features visible between the two sisters' personalities. Something about Ram bothers me. On the other hand, it seems the little sister has an innocence about her which makes her really charming.

The ending was bloody (literally) cliffhanger. Was that the bite in the village that started it all? Was it food poisoning? Can't wait to find out. But the real problem is Subaru didn't get to see the face of the person who took his life.

5/5

No exactly. Remember, she met Subaru the night he arrived. The loop occurs the day he wakes up and met that g(a)uy. The mansion owner.
May 8, 2016 11:15 AM

Aug 2015
Satan-sama said:
I love how they're taking their time, nothing is rushed, all that build up has actually payed off, those people who say things like "It was boring", or "nothing has changed apart from the ending" are the dumbest people here, if you don't like it then go watch some Boku no hero bullcrap.
But bruuh they're raight this ep is a feeler even though it's in the sauce metia since nothing shit ever happened except the unso important character developer and info farming that many MAL people haven't noticed so fuck your onion we need more aksyun

Anyway based from what I gathered in that Rem scene I cant't help but wonder if that Japanese folklore or whatever fairytail it is about the Red Oni and Blue Oni are somehow a big clue to whatever shit is going on in this arc and maybe determine who is the culprit on this shit I mean heck just look at the twins hair colors, the way Rem reacted to that demon statement of Subaru just makes me bet that the twins are somewhat a demon and their personalities are somewhat the same as the folklore counterparts.
MizunashiMay 8, 2016 11:18 AM
May 8, 2016 9:59 PM

Nov 2015
WTF the ending who killed him, this is just so dark

May 9, 2016 12:10 AM
May 2016
I believe it was Roswell or Rom, Rom might have been looking for the girl the soldier took and Roswell is the only male in the house so i found that strange. I dont think its Ram because episode 4 she tries to take up for him while talking with Roswell.
May 9, 2016 1:00 PM

Jun 2010
Kinda boring episode, since it was almost like the previous one. First I thought maybe the weird looking guy was the one who killed him, but now I'd say it's the sisters. She smiled when he said he likes demons.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2016 4:23 PM

Apr 2012
That was a nice slow paced build up to climatic cliffhanger. Man when he got his arm ripped off I was like what the hell!?

Also Rem was so cute in this episode.
May 11, 2016 2:48 AM

Mar 2016
I love this anime, and that's because I'm getting a huge deja vu from Steins;Gate, the time loops are a bit different but I like it all the same.
May 11, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2009
I am surprised the blue haired man looks so good without the make up.

Poor Subaru, he have no rest...
May 11, 2016 7:03 PM

Oct 2008
The whole episode started again as a save point and not really eventful...but damn! so intense at the end! it's a shame Subaru didn't even catch a gimpse of the killer!
maybe Elsa again!?!?
LOL Subaru so nervous because he's alone together with Emilia in his room!
5/5.

May 16, 2016 1:00 PM

Feb 2013
After all the time with the maids, I wasn't expecting him to die in this episode...
May 16, 2016 1:22 PM

Jul 2014
@BurntJelly
Well, then brace yourself, more deaths are coming.
May 17, 2016 2:58 PM

Mar 2016
I am still waiting to see what comes out next episode. Seems pretty good from the last part of the anime.
May 19, 2016 12:36 AM

Apr 2016
Another great episode with another reset at the end, loving the show! :)
May 22, 2016 12:59 AM

Jun 2013
The scene after the ED credits... T_T

Poor Subaru! Losing all the beautiful moments with those people is terrible.

GoldenDevilGamer said:
Lol, we got some Roswaal manservice. It's funny since he has the same seiyuu as this guy...

LOL THIS! Another Shokugeki no Souma reference...
May 22, 2016 7:56 AM

May 2016
The fact that its the DIO guy...;v
May 25, 2016 1:58 AM

Jul 2015
Rabies is a deadly disease.
Just saying.

May 25, 2016 11:48 AM

Aug 2014
Roswal fanservice was just LOL xD Pretty funny. But I'm quite curious about how this diverged a bit from before, despite him not doing anything out of the ordinary. The ending tho...I wonder who the killer is.
May 28, 2016 9:32 PM

Jul 2008
I must admit the MC's immature speech and antics isn't pleasant to watch (my only downside to the series so far) but I love the suspense on the episode :D So now we know there is something or someone in the mansion plotting to kill him.
May 31, 2016 2:33 PM

Dec 2012
It wa sa pretty cute episode till the last part. -_-"
Wonder who that killer is this time.
Jun 3, 2016 5:30 PM

Oct 2013
This shows cliffhangers are not good for my health.

Jun 4, 2016 9:53 PM

Mar 2016
buduh stop being awesome animuuuu i need to clean my room shiet..now i have to watch ep 6! ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Jun 5, 2016 1:19 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The first quarter of an hour was the first time I've ever found this series boring. I don't care too much about the maid characters and I was much more entertained outside the mansion than inside it. But boy did that change after the credits.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 13, 2016 5:49 AM

Jan 2015
FippinPanda said:
Edit: Just read the manga version of the post credits scene. And it's even more brutal.
To be honest, I prefer the anime version. The manga version seems a bit over the top and edgy in my opinion, the amount of blood and gore in the anime is just right.
Jun 15, 2016 11:06 AM
Mar 2016
ColdBreeze said:
hungryheart95 said:
I created my account very very recently not to troll but to discuss. So you are telling me, they made an episode just to give that hint (sound) ?? Sorry for being new and i am not trolling at all. If you can argue my point then be my guest.
If so I apologize.
Nonetheless I answered already. It wasn't only about the sound. Not sure if you missed some parts of the characterization of Ram and Rem. We know that they have different personalities after this episode. It's not a waste at all, except you just want action and no development. Without it, the next few episodes would be dull. So it is important after all.

Agreed, my only problem though is character development is only being made by Subaru, but we are getting characterization, just not development, which is something I'm constantly disliking.
Although this episode showed more then just the sound, it showed that Subaru had somehow been poisoned, or cursed or something, because something was happening to him before he got sliced open for like the sixth or seventh time.
Jun 15, 2016 12:36 PM
Mar 2016
ColdBreeze said:
Jake_Dd said:

Agreed, my only problem though is character development is only being made by Subaru, but we are getting characterization, just not development, which is something I'm constantly disliking.
Although this episode showed more then just the sound, it showed that Subaru had somehow been poisoned, or cursed or something, because something was happening to him before he got sliced open for like the sixth or seventh time.
Development comes after characterization, especially in an anime with loops. I guess you will see it once you watched the latest episode.

Of course it just bothers me that's all it's like horrible teasing, XD
Jun 20, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
Jun 21, 2016 12:47 AM

Jul 2014
indraluc said:

Jun 25, 2016 11:00 AM

Oct 2013
"That smile is worth a million volts!"

That ending was brutal, he should've just slept that one lol.
Jul 8, 2016 3:07 PM

Jan 2016
Nice development with Rem n Ram, and Roswaal in the bath .. lol Fell really bad for Subaru , losing all the memories/moment with them all,
That fuuuing after-credits scene though!!! Coldness to the extreme , Subaru just got coldblooded slaughtered again! One cliffhanger ending after another!!! Time tor restart^^
Also, Nice to see the ED credits with more visuals.^^
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 15, 2016 6:43 PM

Jan 2013
At first, he wasnt sure if when he "died" and came back it was just a dream, like the first time it happened he didnt even warn anyone about the Gut Killer or whatever her name was.. Even though he correctly predicted what was happening in the day and their names haha, that shouldve been a pretty big red flag to him that what he experienced before wasnt a "dream" haha. But now it seems he fully gets it, taking advantage of the fact and planning so with that in mind.

And then that after credits scene..All the action the rest of the episode didnt have packed into one crazy scene at the end.
Jul 17, 2016 7:45 AM

Mar 2015
I must say that I didn't like Subaru's personality in the beginning, but he really started to grow on me. If only his goodness wouldn't get "deleted" all the time...

Also Puck is the cutest, period.
Aug 6, 2016 2:15 AM

Aug 2010
WOW.

Goddamn what the heck is going on. So someone did kill him the previous night, is that why he woke up again on that same bed in the beginning of this episode? O_____O

This series just keep on catching me off-guard and I'm loving it! Totally don't know what to expect anymore O____O Plus, good animation and music too! Totally understand all the rave surrounding this series now!
Aug 6, 2016 3:02 AM

Jul 2014
blue-y said:
Goddamn what the heck is going on. So someone did kill him the previous night, is that why he woke up again on that same bed in the beginning of this episode? O_____O

Yes, he died. But who killed him is a mystery (at least for couple more episodes).

blue-y said:
This series just keep on catching me off-guard and I'm loving it! Totally don't know what to expect anymore O____O Plus, good animation and music too! Totally understand all the rave surrounding this series now!

You've seen nothing, my friend :-)
Come back to your post once you catch up with the newest episode :-)
Aug 6, 2016 3:40 AM

Aug 2010
mozgow said:
blue-y said:

Yes, he died. But who killed him is a mystery (at least for couple more episodes).

I'm still on episode 7 lol I cant wait to solve this whole mystery XD

blue-y said:

You've seen nothing, my friend :-)
Come back to your post once you catch up with the newest episode :-)

Lol! I'm so sad that at the rate I'm watching this series I'm going to catch up with the latest episode very soon! u___u
Aug 12, 2016 9:39 PM

Aug 2013
Damn when was the last time I seen something this intense.
I'm glad I hold back from watching this, but still couldn't wait until it finished airing lol. xD
Poor Subaru, I just love his interaction, reaction with others and those dying expression.
Aug 17, 2016 8:26 AM
Jul 2015
This will probably sound really dumb but how did Beatrice know him even though hed looped? It said he woke up already but i thought that he went back to a certain point when he looped, meaning he couldnt have already woken up. It just confused me a little XD
Aug 17, 2016 8:51 AM
Jul 2015
Revert67 said:
zykafire said:
This will probably sound really dumb but how did Beatrice know him even though hed looped? It said he woke up already but i thought that he went back to a certain point when he looped, meaning he couldnt have already woken up. It just confused me a little XD

He wakes up twice. The first time he visits Beatrice in her library and gets his mana drained, the second time Rem and Ram are in his room. This is also where his loop starts.

Ah thank you, makes sense XD
Aug 19, 2016 5:56 PM

Aug 2014
I dont know if this is too early to demand, but i want more explanations about how everything is going, like i dont even know why and how Subaru got into that fantasy world, what is the purpose other than helping Emilia.

Episode 4 and 5 changed for example the re:set place, but why and how?

Without a few explanations its hard for me to care what is happening, honestly i was bored watching episode 4 and 5.
Aug 19, 2016 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
@Klassical The story has a retroactive style of writing. And it's long.
removed-userSep 13, 2016 11:56 AM
Aug 20, 2016 9:49 AM
Sep 2008
Klassical said:
I dont know if this is too early to demand, but i want more explanations about how everything is going, like i dont even know why and how Subaru got into that fantasy world, what is the purpose other than helping Emilia.

Episode 4 and 5 changed for example the re:set place, but why and how?

Without a few explanations its hard for me to care what is happening, honestly i was bored watching episode 4 and 5.

If you absolutely need answers to those questions for you to care then you should quit now. None of those questions will be answered by the end of this season. This story plays a long game and you don't seem to be interested in stories that take their time to unravel their mysteries.
Sep 5, 2016 6:32 AM

Sep 2014
Those creepy voices at the beginning o.o I'm surprised Betty still remembers him, maybe it has something to do with her ability. She's also pretty likeable I must say.

"Cover up that sorry thing" gotta love Ram :D and the way she was trimming the bushes lolz. Ram best teacher ^^
Rem's got some nice interactions with Subaru too, especially that smile <3 I hope the "demon" thing isn't real though, unless they're succubuses.
That dog bite seems suspicious somehow >_>
Emilia is just too adorable, can't blame Subaru for being so nervous ^^

That atmosphere so intense damn and then Subaru suddenly starts puking and then brutally killed damn o.O got goosebumps all over, really great acting and camera. Who the fuck killed him ?!!! Gonna suck though if it's someone he knows..

New ED visuals were really nice!
5/5 episode, sadly I can't give more.
Sep 13, 2016 11:31 AM

Jun 2009
Damn most of this episode was boring af.
Sep 20, 2016 8:54 AM

May 2012
Pretty great development, but I'm really trying to understand to why he went back in time?b Well things sure are getting interesting though especially with those kind of endings! Let's see what's next.
Sep 22, 2016 5:37 PM

Aug 2014
It took 5 episodes to get a proper ED lol.

Jesus Christ that was brutal...
Sep 23, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2014
so that's why he got restarted. he's been killed while he sleep.
Oct 3, 2016 1:04 PM

Jun 2014
Someone answer my question please.

Oct 3, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
GrimorumInvoke said:
Someone answer my question please.

Next few episodes should clear up your question.
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Apr 25, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.