Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 23, 2016 6:10 PM

Jan 2015
Nuvviveji said:
-Arima flashback, inb4 death flag. Arima 'looking' down on Kaneki, trying to provoke him.
Kaneki's mental state is deteorating. He remembers the 'happy' times, he was asking around about Arima, Hairu was adorable, Hirako's reaction was funny. Damn, he really cares about Arima.

-Arima is getting serious, Kaneki trying to reattach his legs. Arima is savage af, taking away his legs. Did he literally count all the times he could've killed him? Arima is now mindfucking Kaneki. Damn, Arima is really portrayed evil in this chapter. Done with preaching, ready for killing. Kaneki made up his mind, apparently. He'll now fight with the intent to kill, he broke IXA with one strike. Someone (Furuta, Take??) dropped him a brand new weapon. It's safe to say that the weapon is made from Yoshimura, Arima fought him back in the day and cut his arms off. Kaneki's new half kakuja develops, it looks absolutely sick, like something from a Lovecraftian horror. Don't know how much help will those cork-screw legs be, but hey, he can now compete in the Paralympics. It's spouting random shit thanks to the Eto upgrade.

-Eto in the dark, seems to have enjoyed the meal. Banjou and Hina reunite.
'Oy vey, let's just leave him fight alone and see what happens.'
The Illuminati have come. Furuta is well and alive as expected. Somebody got rekt in that machine, hopefully Hina/Banjou will make it out alive.

Anyway, rather splendid chapter, sure as hell didn't expect that cool of a half kakuja, I expected a.....snake *cough* Chibi *cough*

No chapter next week. ;-;

"If you look at the side shot of it, it looks like a Reptile/ Snake maybe even a Dragon....talking about how Dragons were once Snakes."
Learn to read Ishida's symbolism better bruh.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 23, 2016 7:19 PM

Aug 2014
IXA eviscerated with a single attack. Arima stating that he could've negged Ken 645 times, pulling out an SSS-quinque, and getting serious himself? Yes, please. It is interesting how he refused to do it, though. The biggest reward for me would be finally getting a glimpse of what Arima is about, except being a god. The new Kakuja doesn't look that good, imo.

Last page gave me probably false hope that everyone is dead. Two weeks to find out, tsk.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 23, 2016 8:08 PM

Aug 2010
Kaneki's Kakuja looks pretty horrific. I knew he wasn't giving it his all. Taking out IXA just in one shot. He's really a beast now. Looking forward to seeing where this fight goes.
Apr 23, 2016 8:53 PM
Dec 2015
Barion-Zara said:
Nxt chp is 75...I'm calling it, Ayato will be half stuck with half his body destroyed after he saved everyone.

"Half-killed" parallel :v
Apr 23, 2016 9:16 PM
Apr 2016
Hey everyone, new here, though I've posted from time on mangafox's forum. For some reason I can't post there any more, even with my IP addressed changed; so I can still read, but it never lets me post. In any case, I found the reactions there to always be a bit...underwhelming, so I'm trying out a new forum.

My reaction is very mixed. Not least because I'm so curious who Arima is with in that Flashback. Is it Chairman Washuu or Director Washuu or someone else? I see something off in Arima's actions just like I did at the end of Tokyo Ghoul. At the end of TG, I pointed out that Arima was obviously not trying to kill Kaneki, and he actually talked to him. Again, Arima is stopping, and taking time to talk to Kaneki (now Haise) , which is the exact opposite of what, in a previous chapter, Arima told him to do with opponents. What is Arima doing? He's never been shown to pass up a kill shot, and why would he pass up 645 of them? Why would he say "you're incorrigible." Why would he press Haise so hard on "what is your choice" or provoke him with the consequences of his own failure? Why would he say "The time I spent on your is wasted."

It seems to me Arima is trying to do something. He's always seen something in Haise that's not been lived up to. The hints are all through out, but we still don't have any clue just what Arima is trying to do. But it's obvious he's not treating Haise like other opponents, and the fact that he seems disappointed in how well Haise is fighting just drives that home to me. He held the point of Ixa right over Haise's eye and flat up asked him what he was going to do. Is it all just Arima's apathetic curiosity with this specimen, or is there something deeper driving it? I keep feeling like Arima as a character is not going to be such a one-dimensional, reflexive killer.

Then there is Eto. She seems to be planning something. None of her actions have made sense, and it feels weird she let herself be captured so easily, and now seems to be waiting for something to happen below (I can't help but think she's waiting to break out and wreak havoc herself). Ugh. So much antipication.
Apr 23, 2016 11:16 PM

Mar 2015
I feel like this is the longest Arima has spoken in all of Tokyo Ghoul. He's breaking his own rules of not showing mercy to Ghouls. On the one hand, it feels like Arima was trying to raise an investigator on his level. On the other, it feels like he knew Kaneki would eventually betray the CCG and was raising a proper challenge.

I get the impression his relationship with Kaneki isn't quite as simple as it's being made out to be. I'm wondering whether the familial relations that Kaneki feels is actually mutual. THAT would be a goddamn amazing twist. Particularly tragic considering if it can only end in death, not only is the first human Kaneki will kill the most powerful but also his "father".
Apr 23, 2016 11:23 PM
Aug 2012
Arcanix said:
Finally, after all this time we've got a decent chapter.

Lol you wouldn't know a "decent" chapter even if it slapped you in the face.
Apr 23, 2016 11:24 PM
Aug 2012
This was beast man. The kakuja transformation was unbelievable.
Apr 23, 2016 11:51 PM

Jan 2016
Call me heartless, but I don't care if everyone dies, as long as Kaneki, Touka, and Hinami survive. I won't mind saying bye to Ayato if that's where this is going.
What the fuck is oatmeal?
Apr 23, 2016 11:52 PM

Dec 2014
He really doesn't know when to give up....he's just digging a deeper hole and making an ass out of himself.
Apr 24, 2016 12:03 AM

Jan 2015
BloomKIU said:
Call me heartless, but I don't care if everyone dies, as long as Kaneki, Touka, and Hinami survive. I won't mind saying bye to Ayato if that's where this is going.

At on time I used to care about many of the characters in this manga...now, I don't care who has to die as long as Hinami-chan lives on.
Apr 24, 2016 12:09 AM

Jan 2015
Nuvviveji said:
He really doesn't know when to give up....he's just digging a deeper hole and making an ass out of himself.

On a different note, do you know what the title of this chapter is supposed to mean?
Apr 24, 2016 12:24 AM

Jul 2013
Please let them get slurried Ishida, if you do this I will never doubt you again.
Apr 24, 2016 12:26 AM

Dec 2014
bobzanny said:
Nuvviveji said:

On a different note, do you know what the title of this chapter is supposed to mean?

Can't say I do. Maybe it's EF as in FUCKS and the lack of them in Arima.
Maybe it's Reef but that wouldn't make sense.

Oy vey.
Apr 24, 2016 12:55 AM

Jan 2015
Nuvviveji said:
bobzanny said:

Can't say I do. Maybe it's EF as in FUCKS and the lack of them in Arima.
Maybe it's Reef but that wouldn't make sense.

Oy vey.

I got it, EF=Everyone's Fucked. Ishida too clever for the masses.
Apr 24, 2016 3:00 AM
Jul 2018
Great chapter. The showdown between Arima and Kaneki doesn't disappoint, as expected of Ishida. He always makes excellent fight scenes and they really are one of the best things in TG for me. I'm also glad he used the giant kagune-claw that Kaneki's proto-design had, lobster>snake.

I'd guess that Eto's meal had way too much pepper on it, but the based madwoman still ate it.

When does this man get the rest he needs?
Apr 24, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2015
Maledict said:

Last page gave me probably false hope that everyone is dead. Two weeks to find out, tsk.

ohh shit noo don't lose hope man
tsk but I'm wondering whose blood was that on the grinder thing since furuta said "How Gory!"
does that mean that he turned it after touka and the others were inside?
Apr 24, 2016 9:50 AM

Jan 2012
That child is just sitting there and enjoying the show , what a selfish ghoul.

Apr 24, 2016 9:51 AM

Mar 2014
Well, so that is how Kaneki's kakuja
looks like now.
Well, it talks, that is a new thing.

SSS quinque.
Looks like a big regular stabbing device.
Let's see what it can do besides stabbing.

Kvothe51 said:
yay something happened

Exactly what I wanted to happen for
a long time.
Apr 24, 2016 9:57 AM

Sep 2013
Arima knows what's up, Haise is gutter trash but Ken Kaneki might be his hope.
Arima is too deep for the ccg, sad really :'(
Apr 24, 2016 12:47 PM

Aug 2015
Guys read the mangastream version missed one page (at least in the site i usually read). If you want to see that page:

http://helveticascans.weebly.com/tgre-ch74.html
Apr 24, 2016 3:20 PM

Dec 2015
Wow looks like Furuta just made some Kirishima Soup.
Surely not though? Ayato wo have made the save.
Kaneki looks a mess. Not just because he lacks any legs but that Kakuja is just f'd up.
Apr 24, 2016 3:26 PM

Aug 2010
taro said:

When does this man get the rest he needs?

He'll get it when Arima dies. Where is he now? Maybe the one who threw the quinque is him? Poor guy, always being told to keep standby.
Apr 24, 2016 3:52 PM
Mar 2016
Is it just me, or is kaneki's hair starting to turn white again?
Apr 24, 2016 8:18 PM

Apr 2016
I'm going to be pretty sad if Haise completely becomes Kaneki again. Haise was just so happy and free of all the crap Kaneki had to go through,I was actually happy to see Kaneki (as Haise) happy for a while.
Apr 25, 2016 1:08 AM
Apr 2016
Some of the source may have missed this crucial second to last page.
Apr 25, 2016 3:41 AM
Jan 2014
Good chapter, the God Arima finally getting serious.
Apr 25, 2016 11:31 AM

Oct 2013
Gameno_Toshite said:
I'm going to be pretty sad if Haise completely becomes Kaneki again. Haise was just so happy and free of all the crap Kaneki had to go through,I was actually happy to see Kaneki (as Haise) happy for a while.

Haise is gone since chapter 53
Apr 25, 2016 12:22 PM

Dec 2015
How does Eto know that Kaneki is doing well?

Sleigh2Bells said:
I have a theory about that, if anyone of you watched Harry Potter surely know the relationship between Harry and Voldemort, if you don't know I'll explain it below.

Basically, Voldemort was somehow linked with Harry's mind, he could feel his thoughts and reading his mind (not completely thò), that said, I think there could be a similar situation with Eto and Ken and the Kagune Kaneki "inherited" could be the "link" between them.

Dec 20, 2015 2:09 PM

That would also explain why Eto let herself be captured, she knew what Kaneki would have done during this Arc, am I human?
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

Apr 25, 2016 2:51 PM

Oct 2013
Sleigh2Bells said:

Sleigh2Bells said:
I have a theory about that, if anyone of you watched Harry Potter surely know the relationship between Harry and Voldemort, if you don't know I'll explain it below.

Basically, Voldemort was somehow linked with Harry's mind, he could feel his thoughts and reading his mind (not completely thò), that said, I think there could be a similar situation with Eto and Ken and the Kagune Kaneki "inherited" could be the "link" between them.

That would also explain why Eto let herself be captured, she knew what Kaneki would have done during this Arc, am I human?

This explains how she "reactivated" Karren during her last fight. Eto sure is a mastermind
Apr 25, 2016 3:07 PM

Mar 2012
Sleigh2Bells said:

Sleigh2Bells said:

That's a really interesting theory to think about and would indeed explain some of eto's knowledge about things.
Apr 25, 2016 3:42 PM

Feb 2013
Were they crushed or what?
Kaneki transformed again, maybe he will have a chance now.
Apr 25, 2016 5:56 PM

Apr 2016
WIELDU said:
Gameno_Toshite said:

Actually (Unless what I read was wrongly translated,and even then it has to have something to do with it) at some point in the chapter (I believe the third of the chapter,although I may be wrong) Haise/Kaneki thinks "Arima doesn't see me. What he sees is Kaneki" which makes me think that he still doesn't think of himself as Kaneki. (I apologize if I am wrong)
Apr 26, 2016 6:28 AM

Aug 2015
How can we wait 2 weeks for the new chapter?
Apr 26, 2016 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
Certified_Ghoul said:

Bon appétit !
A meal prepared with love.
Apr 26, 2016 12:57 PM
Sep 2013
Gameno_Toshite said:
WIELDU said:

Actually (Unless what I read was wrongly translated,and even then it has to have something to do with it) at some point in the chapter (I believe the third of the chapter,although I may be wrong) Haise/Kaneki thinks "Arima doesn't see me. What he sees is Kaneki" which makes me think that he still doesn't think of himself as Kaneki. (I apologize if I am wrong)

I think that part that you mentioned where arima doesn't see him then on the next panel is shows Arima looking over the dead bodies of Touka Ayato and Yomo. Is what Arima sees. Kaneki sees that Arima is already focused on killking them once he finishes Kaneki off. Which is why Kaneki said Arima doesn't see him...
Apr 26, 2016 3:23 PM

Dec 2015
Lustol said:
Certified_Ghoul said:

Bon appétit !
A meal prepared with love.

First pate, now soup. The way to Etos heart is through her stomach I hope. The main meal will be roasted ghoul leg joints with cheesy mash. Love it!
Apr 26, 2016 3:32 PM

Apr 2016
hantere said:
Gameno_Toshite said:

I think that part that you mentioned where arima doesn't see him then on the next panel is shows Arima looking over the dead bodies of Touka Ayato and Yomo. Is what Arima sees. Kaneki sees that Arima is already focused on killking them once he finishes Kaneki off. Which is why Kaneki said Arima doesn't see him...

Well,we'll have to wait until next chapter to find out for sure,although your response seems pretty reasonable (although I believe you misunderstood it. "Arima doesn't see me. What he sees is Kaneki" seems as if he is talking about Arima not seeing Haise,but seeing Kaneki. But,this may be wrong as nothing is official yet)
Apr 26, 2016 3:55 PM

Aug 2014
Hmm...If Mangastream continues to be this quick with the chapters I might have to stop reading the spoilers beforehand
oh who am I kidding, I know my ass will be back next week xD

Really enjoyed the way Arima gave it straight to Kaneki that his plan was foolish , hopefully now he's gonna this fight seriously now.

As always, stay salty Take :')

I'm glad to see best boy Furuta doing what he does best : fucking shit up.
Apr 28, 2016 11:11 AM
Sep 2014
So, for some reason there's a lot of people who missed the second last page (the page where Banjou and group reunite with Yomo, Touka, Ayato and Hinami.) Is there any missing page on some hosting sites?
May 10, 2016 5:39 AM

Jun 2015
Might be just me, but I think there's a slight reference to The Little Prince and how it fits the One-Eyed King thing. So, there's a line in the novella that goes like this:

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”

During their fight, Arima says "The time I spent on you went to waste."

I think this may give a bit of a hint why he doesn't outright kill Kaneki, even if he had hundreds of chances to do so already. He's grown affectionate of him. Even more interesting is that the book I referenced is called The Little Prince. Kaneki's an adopted son of sorts, if you could say that, of Arima's. If Arima indeed is the One-Eyed King, what would that make Kaneki? A prince, perhaps?

tl;dr: I feel like both Kaneki / Haise and Arima care about each other, that Arima is likely the OEG and Kaneki will take his place. Also, something about literary references.
uh oh!
May 10, 2016 7:43 AM

Apr 2014
mertsi said:
Might be just me, but I think there's a slight reference to The Little Prince and how it fits the One-Eyed King thing. So, there's a line in the novella that goes like this:

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”

During their fight, Arima says "The time I spent on you went to waste."

Yeah that line can be found in the Tokyo ghoul calendars too.

I think this may give a bit of a hint why he doesn't outright kill Kaneki, even if he had hundreds of chances to do so already. He's grown affectionate of him. Even more interesting is that the book I referenced is called The Little Prince. Kaneki's an adopted son of sorts, if you could say that, of Arima's. If Arima indeed is the One-Eyed King, what would that make Kaneki? A prince, perhaps?

Now that you mention it, in the unused drafts for Root A episode 12 it was revealed that Kaneki played the role of a prince during his elementary school play.
http://makyun.tumblr.com/post/122426973297/sorry-again-for-the-bad-handwriting-heres
May 10, 2016 9:24 AM

Jun 2015
Z4k said:

Now that you mention it, in the unused drafts for Root A episode 12 it was revealed that Kaneki played the role of a prince during his elementary school play.
http://makyun.tumblr.com/post/122426973297/sorry-again-for-the-bad-handwriting-heres

Ishidaaaaaaaa! You sly author, you.
uh oh!
May 11, 2016 12:59 PM

Feb 2016
that kagune. i guess both of them have powered up enough now. kaneki should be on sss level right now.
Nov 30, 2016 8:37 AM

Jun 2016
Arima using a power Quinque against Kaneki now, kaneki doesn't look good though.
And Eto enjoying the fight lol.
Furuta shows up with V squad, rip Anteiku squad.
Jan 12, 2017 3:21 AM

Apr 2015
Hoping that Arima gets a bit scratched with this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2018 10:42 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, I thought Kaneki would have a better chance now but Arima got a new quinque.
Apr 20, 2020 2:21 AM

Jun 2017
I don't mind Kaneki dying in the hands of the person he considered his father. šŸ˜ Wouldn't that be an honor eh Kaneki?

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Mar 24, 2021 3:11 AM

Apr 2020
It seems Kaneki went Kakuja mode. Will he survive. Is Arima really tying to kill him though? Its almost as if he is training him.

Furuta!! This creep keeps coming back again and again.
--AbiSa--
Mar 6, 2022 6:51 PM

Mar 2021
arima using sss quinque and furuta comes rip
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.