Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2016 12:55 PM

Oct 2014

DAT EXSUUUUUCALIBAAAAAAAAAAH!
Reinhard op op op.
Apr 17, 2016 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
xaos12 said:
Illyricus said:
I though Subaru would die for a moment. Thankfully, he was saved at the end. Glad that old man Rom also survived.

This episode was beastly. The fights were really good and thrilling and Reinhard is a total badass. Was good to see someone surpass Elsa finally after how powerful she was in the other two episodes. The ending when he takes Felt with him was intriguing.

So, her name this time is not Satella but Emilia? I like Puck very much, btw.

Not this time, but that was always her name, she used that alias of evil witch. Remember what puck had to say in ep 1 when she told her name "you have bad taste".
I see, so Satella was basically a fake name that Emilia used for some reason, not?
Apr 17, 2016 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
That was incredible. I love this anime! That fight was awesome. So I'm guessing Felt might be some important persons lost daughter or something like that. And lol at Subaru getting his stomach sliced again.
Apr 17, 2016 12:58 PM

Oct 2014
I've read the manga and can't wait for the next arc
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide

Mar 2015
Illyricus said:
xaos12 said:

Not this time, but that was always her name, she used that alias of evil witch. Remember what puck had to say in ep 1 when she told her name "you have bad taste".
I see, so Satella was basically a fake name that Emilia used for some reason, not?

Satella was the name of a Jealous Witch, as Emilia explained in the beginning of episode 2. She used it because she don't want to tell her real name to Subaru in their first meeting, which is why she was about to apologize for lying to him in episode 1B.

Jul 2014
That was an intense episode!! The actions are well animated. i kinda like how reinhard is so badass in this episode, and finally satella true name is revealed (although i know it from the beginning lol)
Overall awesome episode, hope to see some more from now on. 9/10 already AOTS for me :D
Apr 17, 2016 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
This episode we got:
-great chemistry between characters
-epic swordfight
-MC who doesn't assume the enemy is dead. That's brilliant!
-best modest, cute reward for a hero
-that ending thou... for the moment I thought that Reinhard will take this insignia for a moment. Well, all we can do is wait a week for the next episode :)

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 17, 2016 1:04 PM
Nov 2013
The fight scene was top notch, well done White Fox!

Subaru was really and ass for having no special physical abilities. That cut at the end though, at least Emilia/Satella saved him though.

In all honesty, this deserves more hype that Boku no Hero Academia so far. I'm enjoying both, but man this is so good.
Apr 17, 2016 1:05 PM

Oct 2009
I'm really impressed, this episode was incredible!!! 5/5
Apr 17, 2016 1:14 PM

Feb 2015
great episode and the fight was well choreographed. I quite like the characters in this series so far. Reinhard is super OP, what dis he see in Felt?

One of the best shows of the season so far.
Apr 17, 2016 1:15 PM

Nov 2014
That fight looked exactly like how I expect Ufotable to animate Saber vs Rider...
Shrimperor said:

Reinhard op op op.

Exactly.
Apr 17, 2016 1:15 PM

Dec 2015
Action was great this episode and how they did the animation for the fighting scenes were perfect. And we find out her name is Emilia, she was pretty strong as well in her attacks. But Reinhard was OP, just REKT Elsa and half the building, without even using his own sword.
That ending got me with Subaru, thought he died and would have to start over but luckily that didn't happen. Hopefully he gets like a checkpoint.
Really intrigued what Reinhard noticed at the end and can't wait to find out.

Apr 17, 2016 1:17 PM

Dec 2013
Damn this series is soooo goood so far! Hope they wont f**k it up (don't spoil please manga readers :) xD)

Apr 17, 2016 1:19 PM

Mar 2013
just perfect. I can't remember when I've watched something so intense and stunning for the last time.
And we're getting to know more and more now
Something something something
Apr 17, 2016 1:19 PM
Sep 2015
As everyone know once heart is slapped out of your body you have only 10-15 minutes lifetime left (true story). Same is here. Once mace or guts are cutted you have only few minutes before they will split of.
Apr 17, 2016 1:20 PM

Apr 2014
Really good episode, but again, WHY THE FUCKING CLIFFHANGERS?!?! I NEED TO HAVE A CALM MIND AFTER WATCHING ANIME, NOT BEING UNABLE TO SLEEP AFTER WATCHING AN EPISODE!
Apr 17, 2016 1:22 PM

Dec 2015
This is one of the best starts to anime I've seen in a long time. This is my fav by far this season
Apr 17, 2016 1:25 PM

Mar 2016
That was awesome, Subaru was so cuul!

Fucking spider-Elsa, she is too fast

Pack is awesome too!

WTF im writing?

Apr 17, 2016 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
Great action but tbh I find the show frustrating.
I think I'll wait until the series is over.
Apr 17, 2016 1:27 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Illyricus said:
So, her name this time is not Satella but Emilia? I like Puck very much, btw.
I thought it was pretty obvious from the beginning that Satella wasn't her real name given how Puck reacted when she first said it

Also Reinhard is the new Saber it seems. Just lacked the golden beam of light
Apr 17, 2016 1:28 PM

Dec 2013
Not a bad adaptation. Especially liked watching Subaru get cut up yet again, only this time Emilia was on hand to save his prickly ass.

Can't wait for that clown of a benefactor to show up. Let's hope he's as creepy as the manga depicted him.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 17, 2016 1:28 PM

Jul 2012
Imo you know a master swordman like Rinehard is OP when he is channeling his power into a sword and after one attack the sword disintegrates.

Yea! No reset at the end of this episode. When the MC got his stomach cut open I was like, "NO! Please! No more resets! Please! Let the story progress a little."

~Great episode!!!
Apr 17, 2016 1:29 PM

Dec 2014
I really though that Mc will again have a start over.. Looks like we have a lot to learn .... preety hyped for the next episode
Apr 17, 2016 1:29 PM
Oct 2014
That was actually a very good episode, especially because I was already getting a bit tired of it.

I'm glad to see that the woman in black isn't actually completely op.

I'm interested to see what's next. Also, he went completely Okabe in this episode.
Apr 17, 2016 1:30 PM
Apr 2014
holy crap, really loved the action this episode. And oh my god is Reinhard OP atm, can't wait to see some other characters on his lvl appearing lateron.
Apr 17, 2016 1:31 PM

Oct 2014
Great episode, nice closure to the first arc, but:

I wonder if there's anyone else who laughed at Rinehard's silent EkisuKARIBAAA!!!
Apr 17, 2016 1:32 PM

Jan 2016
Damn Reinhardt so op! he did not even use his personal sword. My AOTS right here.
Apr 17, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2015
Animation improved, nice that was my biggest gripe with the first episode(s).
Apr 17, 2016 1:34 PM

Mar 2015
I knew that Subaru's pose was weird. He went full Travolta.

Apr 17, 2016 1:35 PM

Sep 2014
This better be a checkpoint, or I'll start flipping tables.

I'm liking MC-kun.
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 17, 2016 1:38 PM

Jan 2014
(∩゚д゚) talk about delay.. I know that cut was fast but it it took like 2 minutes before it was revealed :P
At least we got over that reset hurdle.. now please refrain from dying again, or let there be a "checkpoint" :3
Apr 17, 2016 1:38 PM

Feb 2015
Irrelative said:
That fight looked exactly like how I expect Ufotable to animate Saber vs Rider...
Shrimperor said:

Reinhard op op op.

Exactly.

I was getting major Saber v. Rider vibes as well from that. That was straight from the Realtua Nua Heaven's Feel OP.

I can't decide if this or Jojo is my favorite this season... it's frustratingly close. I didn't expect to see such great action scenes in this show. That 360 degree camera, the first-person POV...

Based White Fox!
CC9ersApr 17, 2016 1:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2016 1:46 PM

Jan 2015
Reinhard was a boss. Damn he got cut, again X-X
Apr 17, 2016 1:47 PM
Jan 2016
finally that bitc* is gone i assumed that I'm gonna see Subaru to start over again really doesn't understood what happened at last why that knight took felt with him
hm.......... still a mystery

Apr 17, 2016 1:48 PM

Dec 2015
I think... I have a crush on Reinhard now. >////< goddamm he's manly. I just hope he doesn't turn out to be bad '-')

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Apr 17, 2016 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
what? the sixth holy grail war has already started?
Apr 17, 2016 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
Strident said:
Decent episode this time around. Great visuals and BGM with a fight that was suitably tense. Subaru is inoffensive this time around. Emilia is quite strong during daytime, which is a good weakness to work around.

Reinhard said something rather strange at the end. "That is, indeed, no small crime. But compared to the gravity of overlooking the crime unfolding before me, it's trivial."
Then he returns the insignia, despite it being the trigger of his suspicions. If stealing the insignia is not the crime, then what is the one "unfolding before [him]"? He asks for Felt's age and family name. Perhaps the crime is of possessing the insignia for some reason? Maybe Emilia is related to a noble family and holding their insignia is a grievous crime? When Felt commented about Emilia having silver hair and being of elf heritage, she also mentioned a familial relation. Could this be to either a noble family, or is this the reason she choose Satella as an alias? Does that mean her insignia is of relation to the with Satella? But then why would Reinhard return it?

Many questions left unanswered with no clear answers...

It was hinted that in the show they've prejudice against witches. The insignia reacted... but the problem was then the one it reacted to. Felt doesn't knows her family... That bi@# called Felt's ability "Bless of the Wind" and said that she "must be loved by nature" or something. Witches are said to be in touch with nature... So yeah, Felt might've been born from one. She's a little witch... until (if) next episode disprove my hypothesis.
Apr 17, 2016 1:56 PM

Jan 2016
Really loved Emilia's magic and I was surprised Subaru dodged all of Elsa's attacks but she proofed me wrong i guess :D
I am pretty sure Subaru will be fine and can still be healed, it would annoy me to see the whole story all over AGAIN in another scenario..

Strident said:

Many questions left unanswered with no clear answers...

As you already state.. many questions left unanswered with no clear answers :(
Can't wait for next week's episode!
Apr 17, 2016 1:58 PM
Sep 2008
Felt might be
Apr 17, 2016 1:59 PM
May 2015
I am in love with the show's pacing..I'm glad the pacing is slow and I'm glad White Fox is adapting this series. Imagine if A-1 Pictures adapted this....Oh, dear god.

Man, Elsa is super stubborn and she's super annoying. Why can't that bitch die already

Also, the Reinhard and Emilia fighting scenes are fucking great.

5/5
Re:Zero is officially my number 1 favourite anime for this season.
jc9622Apr 17, 2016 2:03 PM

Apr 17, 2016 2:00 PM
Jan 2016
Well, this show just became my favorite of the season.
Apr 17, 2016 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
How can Reinhard be SO handsome and cool? He's too perfect...
Apr 17, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2015
God, that was an amazing adaptation. After watching the first two episodes last week I had to read the Manga afterwards and my God it was amazing. Naturally I'm not going to spoil anything but in regards to this episode just wow. Everything was adapted beautifully and the animation was gorgeous. Reinhard is still an op op op badass motherfucker. I like how different the anime is in some points to the manga and how well it fits. Overall, 10/10 adaptation and episode. Definitely the most hyped anime of this season imho.

...Not gonna lie, the end when Reinhard picked up the diced club and they all realized he got fucked and they looked at his stomach was hilarious. I always feel sorry for Subaru but that scene made me laugh lol.

I'm also hype to find out what happens next where the manga ended cuz that was such a cliffhanger I got so pissed lol. Just gotta wait about what I estimate to be another 4 episodes or so.
TheftsorrowApr 17, 2016 2:05 PM
Apr 17, 2016 2:04 PM

Jul 2015
That 4th wall break, lol!

Apr 17, 2016 2:10 PM

Aug 2015
Another great episode. The fights were amazing, this series just keeps delivering. Wonder what Reinhard noticed at the end there.
Apr 17, 2016 2:11 PM

Oct 2015
I haven't really found any anime with a heroine that can pull off straight hairs, but Emilia pulls it off pretty well.
Hoping next episode that we will get more Emilia X Subaru scenes, since he is going to her house and all.
Reinhard is a badass, just as expected.
At the end there I was thinking, "Oh god is he gonna restart again?"

5/5 other than My Hero Academia, this is my favourite of the season so far.
Apr 17, 2016 2:16 PM

Oct 2012
Ah yes, nice pacing and finally onto the second loop~
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 17, 2016 2:22 PM

Nov 2008
QUICK SUBARU

GO TO THAT FRUIT VENDOR TO SAVE YOUR PROGRESS!!!

Gotta get to that checkpoint. You made it so far xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 17, 2016 2:25 PM

Feb 2015
DAMN! the fight was really amazing in this episode. Emilia is actually stonger than i had expected....and it's cool to see Puck was acting calmly while fighting the enemy xD.

and i thought that old man will gonna die, but i guess not. BUT! again DAMN! i didn't expect Rinehard, another amazing fight. i really like this episode because it was full of fight. but DAT ending tho....in the end, he couldn't avoided his own belly XD

Emilia's smile in the end of the episode was satisfiying and adorable X3 hope i can see that face again X3

the after credit scene was so interesting. i wonder what Rinehard meant...
looking foward for the next episode :D

Edit: Great fight. Very good pacing. Very good animation. Freaking great soundtrack = based White Fox.
i hope other industry will try to do what White Fox just did with this first arc.
YizelTroApr 17, 2016 2:38 PM
Apr 17, 2016 2:26 PM

Jul 2009
Oh yes oh yes ! No time travel in this episode ! Oh my god I hope we're done with that, please.
This episode was the best among the three first ones. I wasn't really hyped about the time travel idea but now I feel that it's going into a good way.
Emilia was so beautiful and her name suits her so well =)
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.