Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 16, 2010 12:11 PM

Dec 2009
I think the 4th opening is freaking amazing.

Opening rankings:

1st: 3rd opening
2nd: 1st Opening
3rd: 4th opening
4th: 2nd: opening

But everyone of those has been awesome :)
Jan 17, 2010 1:43 AM

Aug 2008
I really liked the new OP and ED. I can't get enough FullMetal!!
Almost all the themes have been amazing for this series.
Jan 17, 2010 9:18 AM

Sep 2008
Huh, I liked both the new OP and ED. XD I liked all the others too though...

I liked Winry leaving her earrings with Ed. :) And the implied "promise" she gave him as she ran off...

Yeah the planning took a while, but I actually didn't notice while watching - only when I read someone else's comment here. Ed was pretty good at acting. I hope that's not the same tunnel that Pride seemed to be lurking in... Hope I'm just confused or something.

Yoki was getting full of himself, haha. XD But when he initially made the remark about using the tunnels, I wonder if he noticed that everyone was shocked 'cause they all thought he was brainless (or so it seemed)...
Jan 17, 2010 5:35 PM

Feb 2009
This is getting more and more interesting.

I'm glad there's a new OP, I didn't really like the last one.
Jan 17, 2010 6:44 PM

Dec 2008
so we had a whole episode to explain the last 20 seconds of the last one. xD it worked! Anyways... Good episode, its good to see everyone getting along now for the good of humanity. The opening was good (at least visually) This series keeps getting better and better. I hope that it doesnt surpass the manga and the gets dumb like the first time though.
Jan 20, 2010 7:50 PM
Jul 2009
A good episode considering it was one where they recapped the last 30 seconds of the last episode. The plot was interesting and so were the characters. I loled when Yoki actually thought of a good plan. 7/10. The new OP was good and the Ed was decent.
Jan 29, 2010 4:17 PM
Jun 2008
Hmm, imo the new OP is one of the best...
The previous one was not so good for me XD

About the episode: I didn't expect suac a turn out of events (Winry being kidnapped by her own desire...)
Jan 29, 2010 7:07 PM

May 2008
new OP pwns, ED also pwns

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 4, 2010 5:03 AM
Nov 2009
Aw nuuu! Al's body! D:

Since his body is beginning to reject his soul, doesn't mean that they must get their bodies back soon? :D Because the alternative is that he will die, which obviously won't happen.

Apr 29, 2010 3:36 AM

Sep 2009
the new ending theme is epic :)
and the new opening is ok but i kinda liked the previous one better :D
good episode specially seeing how their plan to trick central is coming together and all :D

May 20, 2010 2:37 PM
Apr 2009
One part about the story telling really really bothers me for a short while now. That is between Scar and Winry. If ONLY Scar told winry that the reason he killed her parents, was because he was scared as hell. his country and family just got wiped like 10 minutes ago, by those (americans? Forgot the name) and he wakes up looking at his arm thinking his brother made it, than realizes that his brother is not here, and that the brother cut his arm off and gave it to him.

The only thing he than sees is more of those americans (w/e lol) and gets scared, which is perfectly understandable, seeing as they just destroyed his family and the whole damn town. So he stabbed them. Done.

Tbh, I don't even think hes at the wrong here. Ok I would be sorry as well about killing her parents, but they put the blame 100% on Scar which kinda annoys me \ :

There goes meh rantz : P Nice ep though.
May 20, 2010 3:21 PM

Feb 2009
Ssjbryando said:
One part about the story telling really really bothers me for a short while now. That is between Scar and Winry. If ONLY Scar told winry that the reason he killed her parents, was because he was scared as hell. his country and family just got wiped like 10 minutes ago, by those (americans? Forgot the name) and he wakes up looking at his arm thinking his brother made it, than realizes that his brother is not here, and that the brother cut his arm off and gave it to him.

The only thing he than sees is more of those americans (w/e lol) and gets scared, which is perfectly understandable, seeing as they just destroyed his family and the whole damn town. So he stabbed them. Done.

Tbh, I don't even think hes at the wrong here. Ok I would be sorry as well about killing her parents, but they put the blame 100% on Scar which kinda annoys me :

If someone did that to your parents, would you be so understanding?

There's a difference between understanding Scar's actions, and thinking that he's not in the wrong. What he did may be understandable, but the fact remains is that he killed two innocent people- people who took him in and treated his injuries, even.
ArnoldKMay 20, 2010 3:27 PM

May 21, 2010 12:56 AM

Sep 2009
It's just one problem after another. I hope Al can reach them in time. So I'm assuming no one else is going to notice Al suddenly gone...
Jul 10, 2010 1:33 PM

Aug 2009
ALPHONSE DON'T GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT! Anyways I didn't get what Al said when he was like "My body is pulling my soul towards it." WHAT DOES HE MEAN BY THAT? DOES HE MEAN HE'S GOING TO LOSE HIS SOUL?

Anyways, this is getting more intense. Olivier is not stationed in Briggs anymore which means Winry and the others are just going to a place full of enemies, wow. Also, I am not comfortable seeing these former enemies as their ally now, lol.

New OP and ED are great aslong as their plan. I loved how Scar cooperated with them. So it's everyone versus the central army huh? I bet the other nations will join too, lol.
Sep 13, 2010 11:39 AM

Dec 2008
Winry is getting badass!!
Oh, Alphonse. Please don't lose your soul.
Nov 6, 2010 2:47 PM

Sep 2010
Scar vs Rock Steady and BeBop was a cool fight.
Jan 16, 2011 12:28 AM

Aug 2010
Love the new OP and ED!

Also, towards the end of the ED, who's hands were those?

May 23, 2011 1:09 AM

Oct 2010
Loved the new ED, and the OP was good too.

Awww, Al. </3 I hope you don't suddenly lose your soul. ;A;
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 17, 2011 12:09 PM

May 2010
My favorite opening has been the 2nd one, but this is good.
Jul 19, 2011 7:01 AM

Dec 2010
This new OP... well I don't feel like liking it.The ED... well, at least the lyrics are well made. I feel like we'll get lot of Pride in the following eps. Al's body finally is calling for it's soul. The plot thickens.
Aug 7, 2011 2:41 AM
Jul 2010
Winry was pretty cool in this episode. She may not be able to do much, and isn't totally aware of everything that's going on yet, but her courage is admirable. Also, I'm surprised she was the one who thought of that plan.

However, Kimbley is even more of a nuisence than I though. I can't believe he arranged things to take complete control of Briggs. How will they be able to complete deciphering the reaserch documents now?

Oh, and new OP and ED are great!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 21, 2012 10:33 AM
Jul 2008
Well, at least Winry won't have to worry while waiting now.
May 19, 2012 1:44 AM

Sep 2011
I actually miss the old opening/ending to be honest (they were pretty catchy).

Anyways, great episode. Saw through Ed's acting very easily... xD
Jun 24, 2012 8:25 PM

Jun 2009
One of the better subplots of this series has been the Winry/Scar dynamic and this episode really played that well. Actually, I'd say Winry may be my favorite FMA character as she isn't content to just sit back and let the brothers do every thing and, despite the fact that she can't really do much against the forces against them, at least she tries to be helpful and doesn't just sit and whine like a lot of characters in her situation probably would.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 13, 2012 5:34 AM

May 2012
Awesome new OP and ED my favs until now! Really great episode overall the ending was quite interesting with father placing those pawns on each point... Hopefully Al will make it...
Nov 4, 2012 9:36 PM

Jul 2009
i knew Ed would put an act since he did not once shout at Scar.

despite the sins Scar made, he can definitely be understandable and trusted.

if only he said to winry that he was overcome by hatred and mental breakness.

Zampano and Jero can be trusted after all :D

so this is actually a different coal mind huh??

Yoki you sly :P

of course you know the coal mines ^^

yeah im glad Winry said she's tired of Ed and Al deciding for everything.

finally she herself making a stand.

yeah the blizzard is awfully a good thing :P

Scar must have realized what he's master said huh??

poor May chang needing to return to his people :(

and wow it seems Briggs has been taken over huh?

damn kimblee!!!!

there is some good use of not feeling anything afterall huh??

i think the reason why Al's body appeared is because his old body is deteriorating by the second(it's much worse than when Ed saw)

"father" measuring the sacrifices huh?

Ed and Al, Hohenheim, Izumi and probably Scar or Roy??

love the new OP/ED especially the ED :)

hope we see more Roy action as well as Armstrong and Izumi!!!
Mar 30, 2013 3:54 PM
Apr 2012
insan3soldiern said:
One of the better subplots of this series has been the Winry/Scar dynamic and this episode really played that well. Actually, I'd say Winry may be my favorite FMA character as she isn't content to just sit back and let the brothers do every thing and, despite the fact that she can't really do much against the forces against them, at least she tries to be helpful and doesn't just sit and whine like a lot of characters in her situation probably would.

Yea i definitely agree with you on Winry. There are countless animes with an annoying female character (sometimes main character even) that can't do anything but whine and annoy the crap out of me. I am glad Winry isn't one of them and even provides us with some good scenes and comic relief now and then.
Jun 28, 2013 6:30 AM

Nov 2012
With those dolls Father reminded me a bit of
from Death Note! :D
Aug 3, 2013 10:36 AM
Sep 2012
OK episode, the plan took way too long and wasn't clever enough to deserve 1 minute -_-

3/5
Aug 16, 2013 7:36 AM

Jul 2013
This new opening lacks smt.
Last one was better.
Now,Scar is our new ally. What a relief !!
I think they shouldn't trust the kimeras so quickly.
Al and his body scene was quite a strange one.
New ending.. Liked it.
Oct 23, 2013 4:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Winry is a great character. With the little power she has, she tries to positively impact the outcome of this struggle.

Those 2 guys changed sides rather quickly!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 26, 2013 12:39 PM

May 2013
I like this op better
Dec 3, 2013 4:53 AM

Oct 2013
i really like riza's tattoos
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 27, 2013 5:54 PM

Jul 2013
fuck that Kimblee is one clever bastard... and that "father" is planning something again... I really want to know whats his relationship with Hohenheim and why the fuck they look exactly the same,.
Dec 28, 2013 11:37 AM

May 2013
I really like Miles, so I hope nothing bad happens to him.
Mar 20, 2014 4:17 PM

Jun 2011
Meh episode, unbearable first half. I didn't like the second half too, other than the part with Al and his body, and also the "Father". I guess the pawns are those who've seen the "Truth" of the world.
ToG25thBaamMar 20, 2014 5:50 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 12, 2014 12:03 AM

Jul 2013
The change of the OP and ED is really refreshing. The previous ones really sucked, two minutes of just Winry, torture at its finest.

There was a secret plan all along, even non-manga readers saw it coming.

During the scene where Al was showing the chimeras his body, Ed's face was priceless! It read 'I've seen this scene too many times".

Also, I've finally cracked the code about Miles' voice actor! It's Zoro out of One Piece! It's been killing me because I couldn't recognise it but during the gruffy voice scenes, Zoro's image just popped into my head.

I'm really glad I'm going to be seeing more of Izumi, hopefully a lot more!
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jun 10, 2014 3:42 AM

Aug 2013
The fort has been taken over :/ Just when they've solved one problem, another one pops up.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 19, 2014 9:14 AM

Jan 2007
Hmmm...yeah, I did not quite like this episode because of the Elric brothers, they act so naive sometimes, they were quite annoying in this episode.
Sep 25, 2014 10:42 PM

Jan 2014
Talk about a group effort.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 7, 2014 8:01 AM

Aug 2014
Next episode's gonna be interesting.
Dec 30, 2014 2:13 PM
May 2012
New opening and ending song~
I like seeing them working together :D
Mar 3, 2015 8:33 AM
Mar 2014
New OP and ED are great :)

Scar slowly realising the worth isent all about a chain of hatred.
Apr 20, 2015 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
I'm a bit confused over a potential plot hole.

At the beginning of this episode the 2 mutants talk as if they are stuck in their deformed bodies but then moments later they changed back to their human forms. What are they complaining about?

Why do they speak as if they can't go back to normal? Just don't transform haha Would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain.
DrakensbergMistApr 20, 2015 1:59 PM

Apr 20, 2015 1:50 PM

Nov 2013
Ssjbryando said:

Tbh, I don&#039;t even think hes at the wrong here. Ok I would be sorry as well about killing her parents, but they put the blame 100% on Scar which kinda annoys me :

I don't give a damn how scared he was. If it were my parents I would still despise his guts. Really not digging this cliche forgiveness theme, sometimes you just need some unidealistic, gritty realism...

Jul 25, 2015 4:24 PM

Jun 2015
I liked the old opening more
Jul 28, 2015 7:38 PM

Oct 2014
Nice, a new OP and ED and both are good!

Good episode, I should have known that Winry wasn't actually kidnapped and it was a new plan. I hope Al can reach them before they reach Briggs. Olivier going to central can't be good.
Oct 3, 2015 3:40 AM

Jul 2009
The new OP/ED are pretty cool, Pride all over it.
Their plan was pretty good, no one would think Winry is with Scar for her own will.
Dec 16, 2015 4:46 AM
Nov 2014
Great plan from Winry, new OP and ED are very good for the most part.
Jan 2, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that in large part, wasting time on the explanations given in flashbacks, but fortunately, the narrative takes the great and in the end there is an unexpected event, promo final really interesting. The new opening and ending, are not bad.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.