Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2010 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
New OP and ED! Now featuring a lot of Pride :) but also those Chimeras.

The planning to make Scar escape took a lot of time (too much imo). But at least Alphonse moved on to get the others, making full use of his current body.

Next episode is definitely interesting.

/edit: wtf is up with the Forum? I can see Fai's post in the forum but not in this topic O_o, and the "discuss" from the list led me to the overview before...
Jan 10, 2010 4:22 AM

Jul 2007
okay....wat?....where's my post? -_-
Jan 10, 2010 4:24 AM

Jul 2007
The post was:

Can't say much for episode as it was quite good one and followed manga quite faithfully..

but opening song - this has got to be the most epic fma opening ever created.
Jan 10, 2010 5:25 AM

May 2009
Gosh. Where did you guys even get to see this episode? It says it airs today but that it's not available yet or something. (hum. unless you live in japan..)
Jan 10, 2010 5:36 AM
Aug 2008
Good episode... OP is fantastic and ED is good
Jan 10, 2010 8:44 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah new op It's alot better than the last op
Jan 10, 2010 8:54 AM

Mar 2008
I do not like the new OP. Previous been better.
Fortunately ED somehow holds.

Jan 10, 2010 9:22 AM

Feb 2009
Liked both OP and ED but not so much. Although the scenes in OP were great,Ed and Al vs Pride and Homunculus vs Eastern. first and last few secs of ED reminded me of DTB OP2.

Episode is great. I think they're slowing down a little bit or is it just me. Lol at Yoki, being useful for a change. And Alphonse, getting rejected by his body. It was only a matter of time. Last, Father placing the pieces together. One more piece left, but we know who that is.

Well next episode is what im waiting for.
. Oh and Armstrong confronting Bradley. Question: When will they return to

Heard latest chap of FMA manga was released. Too bad i can only watch RAW jap and not read japanese...ahaha
Jan 10, 2010 10:55 AM

Nov 2008
belatkuro said:
Liked both OP and ED but not so much. Although the scenes in OP were great,Ed and Al vs Pride and Homunculus vs Eastern. first and last few secs of ED reminded me of DTB OP2.

Episode is great. I think they're slowing down a little bit or is it just me. Lol at Yoki, being useful for a change. And Alphonse, getting rejected by his body. It was only a matter of time. Last, Father placing the pieces together. One more piece left, but we know who that is.

Well next episode is what im waiting for.
. Oh and Armstrong confronting Bradley. Question: When will they return to

Heard latest chap of FMA manga was released. Too bad i can only watch RAW jap and not read japanese...ahaha

Nanakogin said:
Gosh. Where did you guys even get to see this episode? It says it airs today but that it's not available yet or something. (hum. unless you live in japan..)

its called the internet lol....i just couldnt help being sarcastic lol
Jan 10, 2010 11:38 AM

Jun 2009
suigetsu00 said:

Nanakogin said:

I'm with nana on this one, where do you get it? (Without streaming it), Can't find any torrents at all.
Jan 10, 2010 12:20 PM

Mar 2009
nibon said:
suigetsu00 said:

Nanakogin said:

I'm with nana on this one, where do you get it? (Without streaming it), Can't find any torrents at all.

There are live streams of unfortunate quality for popular shows such as FMA:B, but you can usually find an HD raw within 12 hours of airing on the normal places for anime torrents. That doesn't mean you'll be finding subs any earlier than usual.

And YAY for the new OP+ED. Even though I haven't been watching Brotherhood, the openers and closers have such spazz/squee value. I bet this OP especially will just get better every time I watch it. The ED was cool as well, but I mostly spent it lol-ing at the DETERMINED WINRY WALKS STEADILY sequence. Mostly because she doesn't do much for the rest of the series but continue being on the run from the bad guys, and even that goes pretty smoothly. That, and I was reminded of that old song that goes 'these boots were made for walking,' etc.
Jan 10, 2010 4:24 PM

Sep 2006
I like how all the openings are all so crisp and full of action. Lovez it. this OP was a bit too mild though, even though there's quite some cool explosions [wow Kimblee could do long range] and cool Pride scenes. Greed was but a moment there, but there's not enuff of him lately. =D

ED is one of the coolest yet. lol at Winry walking too.
Jan 10, 2010 5:22 PM

Dec 2009
OP is good, but no the best OP.

YES! No more Happy peopl..., ops, Winry-full ending.
Poor girl... what is that walk in the ED?

About the episode, was great the winry' eyes at +-13:10.
Next... Please...
Jan 10, 2010 6:58 PM

Jul 2009
The new op and ed are good but I preferred OP1 and ED3.

This ep was pretty good. Jerso is a boss. Next episode looks even better though.
Jan 10, 2010 8:21 PM

Jun 2009
I like the new OP and ED, they have all been good so far though.
This episode was ok, the next one will be decent as well with Hohenheims backstory and all.
Can't wait until Greed and Mustang show up again ... :P
Jan 10, 2010 8:35 PM

Jul 2007
New OP was ok

Didn't like the new ED though..

Well both of them show more emphasis on Selim though..
Jan 10, 2010 9:30 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
liborek3 said:
Good episode... OP is fantastic and ED is good

Yep.

Jan 10, 2010 9:57 PM
Nov 2008
Saygram said:

I liked the previous OP song a lot (it was the best in my opinion), but this one is nics too. Ed is definitely an upgrade from the previous one though.
30 chapter and the anime will catch up to the manga. That's around 20 eps i guess +3-4 for the chapters airing in that 20/4=5 month. Hope they won't go down the filler route and stop the production for a couple season instead:/.
Jan 10, 2010 11:30 PM

Jun 2007
The OP was better than the last one, but i dont like this OP that much, it was ok, the ED was more cool. This ep was okey too, nothing impressive happened. But glad they explain everything about the trap.
Jan 10, 2010 11:47 PM

Aug 2008
Didn't like new op at first, but it kind of reminds me of Eyeshield 21 op 2... Which I ended up loving. Love the new ed as well.

OP 3 > 2 > 4 > 1
ED 1 > 4 > 2 > 3

Didn't realise the order was reversed till I posted this o.O.
Jan 11, 2010 1:11 AM

Sep 2006
Malestel said:
Saygram said:

I liked the previous OP song a lot (it was the best in my opinion), but this one is nics too. Ed is definitely an upgrade from the previous one though.
30 chapter and the anime will catch up to the manga. That's around 20 eps i guess +3-4 for the chapters airing in that 20/4=5 month. Hope they won't go down the filler route and stop the production for a couple season instead:/.

It won't be long now before the manga ends. IMHO it's almost impossible for the anime to catch up to the manga before it ends.
Jan 11, 2010 1:25 AM

Jul 2007
Malestel said:
Saygram said:

you are free to enjoy the previous opening there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEMVwZRJ-UQ

because thats how previous terrible op sounds and thankfully the current one is a lot better.
Jan 11, 2010 1:37 AM

Jul 2008
cardinal4 said:
Malestel said:
Saygram said:
It won't be long now before the manga ends. IMHO it's almost impossible for the anime to catch up to the manga before it ends.
You realize it's been well over a year since
The pacing of a monthly manga is a lot slower than a weekly anime. It's very likely the anime will catch up to the manga, yet again. :|

BEGINNER
Jan 11, 2010 2:02 AM

Mar 2009
great a new op
great fight scenes
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
Jan 11, 2010 2:13 AM
Nov 2008
Fai said:
Malestel said:
Saygram said:

you are free to enjoy the previous opening there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEMVwZRJ-UQ

because thats how previous terrible op sounds and thankfully the current one is a lot better.

Yeah, yeah whatever. This feels too generic (in a good way i guess), previous one was kinda unique and snappy. Each to his own.
Jan 11, 2010 3:03 AM

Jan 2009
Loveing the new OP and ED

wow Al saw his body

Jan 11, 2010 3:19 AM

Apr 2009
omgwtf the new opening pwnes X))))

the episode was slow...
too much time with that prequel lol..
Jan 11, 2010 3:54 AM

Sep 2009
The new OP and ED rock! Alot of Pride in both. Which is alright with me! Not enough Envy though. The ending felt like an opening though. Oh well. Imagine how cool the OP and ED will be for the Central Coup Detat arc.

Ah the preview for the next episode has me excited!
Jan 11, 2010 4:29 AM

Jul 2009
Well at least the new opening was a bit better than the previous one, though I've seen much better.

Not sure what to say about the episode since I didn't think there was anything outstanding or special in it, pretty average imo.
The only think that made me feel something was one Al got a girly and started to scream when they where about to execute those two chimeras. I HATE pathetic and illogical thinking, erasing their existence was clearly the best and safest option.
Jan 11, 2010 8:15 AM

Feb 2009
adamantine said:
cardinal4 said:
Malestel said:
Saygram said:
You realize it's been well over a year since
The pacing of a monthly manga is a lot slower than a weekly anime. It's very likely the anime will catch up to the manga, yet again. :|

It would be INSANELY stupid of them to be accurate to the manga 98% of the way through and then have it crap out with a couple of chapters left.

Trust me, it's not going to happen. They'll cut it close, but it won't happen.

Jan 11, 2010 8:35 AM

Apr 2009
New OP&ED! The OP is very good, but I still like 'Again' the best. The ED though, much better than the last one and probably 1st or 2nd overall.

I'm currently suffering from Greedling withdrawal D: Need him NAO.

Things started getting a little nervous for Al...and yes!
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 11, 2010 8:42 AM
Oct 2009
I bet al is thinking "I sure need to eat a lot when I get my body back"
Jan 11, 2010 8:43 AM

May 2009
was an alright episode, took way too much time explaining the escape plan imo. but good build up to the next episode, the cliff hanger with Al was intresting.
Jan 11, 2010 9:37 AM

Jul 2009
Fai said:
The post was:

Can't say much for episode as it was quite good one and followed manga quite faithfully..

but opening song - this has got to be the most epic fma opening ever created.

It's good but it's not as good as Maria
Jan 11, 2010 9:47 AM

Dec 2009
can we say fantastic?!
Jan 11, 2010 9:50 AM

Apr 2009
How do they come up with those interesting episode titles. Homunculus.
Jan 11, 2010 11:41 AM
Nov 2007
Assuming, that this time the producers and the mangaka time their work together, I suppose it might even be a possibility, that the last anime ep airs in the same week as the manga chapter will be released.

As for the op, I do not like the music, but the animation is imo shitload, godly awesome - to say the least.

The ep itself was ok... Imo, they wasted to much time on the explanation and the talk with scar.
Jan 11, 2010 12:16 PM

Apr 2008
I liked both the new OP and ED. I still don't think any OP can beat Yui, but this new one definitely matched the tone of the show imo. And the ED...well...just about anything would beat Japanese rap for me. xD

Boring episode.
Jan 11, 2010 12:36 PM

Dec 2008
Yay for new OP and ED! I think they're an improvement from the previous OP and ED, even though they're not the greatest. Still good, though, and I enjoyed them. I have a feeling this new OP will grow on me more as I keep watching/listening to it.

As for the episode itself, it was all right. Something about it felt "off" and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it was too much angst and screaming at each other - I mean, we had Winry at Scar, Ed at both Winry and Scar, Al at those monster dudes and then his random scene with his real body, and so on. I think they dragged all of that out too long, so the episode ended up feeling a tad imbalanced?
AeternaJan 11, 2010 1:46 PM
Jan 11, 2010 2:33 PM

May 2009
Waiiii :D This is sooooo exciting !

I just can't wait for

EDIT!! don't read the spoiler tags if you're not reading the manga. you have been warned
Jan 11, 2010 6:51 PM

Feb 2009
So Winry is now more than a pretty face now, but still doesn't measure up from the two other strong female leads.

I can't believe how fast some people change sides.

**Ed looks a lot older now.
MaxCrazy7Jan 11, 2010 6:54 PM
Jan 11, 2010 7:06 PM
Apr 2008
It's geting really interesting again.
Jan 11, 2010 7:39 PM

Feb 2009
MaxCrazy7 said:
So Winry is now more than a pretty face now, but still doesn't measure up from the two other strong female leads.

I can't believe how fast some people change sides.

You have to realize that the chimera are basically mooks under orders to help catch Scar. They had no clue as far as the corruption in the military went or anything. And Kimblee would have killed them for their failure anyway.

Jan 11, 2010 7:59 PM

Mar 2009
This could be my first or my second FMA:B episode that i rate 3/5.
I don't like the idea of Winry being with those guys AT ALL, not to mention her cooperation with Scar.
I felt Kimblee became the villain too quickly and, also, Scar became too cooperative and too soft too quickly.
Jan 12, 2010 4:08 AM

Apr 2008
New OP and ED ...

this is getting pretty dangerous

Jan 12, 2010 4:11 AM

Aug 2009
I liked the old OP and ED, oh well, I know I'll grow to love these!

EdXwinry moment...Kinda X3 Me is happy now :D Amazing episode. Nice to see Ed breaking the "physical contact" barrier before Winry for a change :)
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 12, 2010 5:32 AM

Aug 2008
New OP sucks just like the last one, ED is way bettah undoubtfully. What's really gonna be interesting is next episode, seeing how it's gonna be whole new about homunculus kind really made my day :>
Jan 12, 2010 8:12 AM

Feb 2009
UnknownFact said:
This could be my first or my second FMA:B episode that i rate 3/5.
I don't like the idea of Winry being with those guys AT ALL, not to mention her cooperation with Scar.
I felt Kimblee became the villain too quickly and, also, Scar became too cooperative and too soft too quickly.

When was Kimblee NOT the villain?

Jan 12, 2010 8:55 AM

Mar 2008
Is any decent english fansub out?
Jan 12, 2010 10:12 AM

Jun 2008
This episode was coal. I hate the opening, the ending is okay but the opening was crap.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.