Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol so much for Beatrix's twisted goals. Meh, I thought it felt stale still since it's the finale and I was hoping we learn much more about her, in particular the relationship she shared with Irisdina.

About damn time Irisdina regains some freedom...though that was neat. But uh, I thought the show overall was a disappointment. Didn't really feel like the story was well developed and lack of characterization on certain people. Might read the LN a bit more, had that on-hold for ages now.

Mar 27, 2016 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
That is one brutal kill done by Theodor, straight to Beatrix's cockpit. Too bad she didn't cut in half though And Irisdina didn't make it too? That's it, that confirms it. Katia is the "winner".
So Gretel still alive
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 27, 2016 10:45 AM
Feb 2015
Gretel lives!!

At least Iris managed to kill Axmann. Though i'm kinda disappointed that they didn't show Theodor taking over the 666 Squadron.

And they ended it in a cheesy way, that's wrong. They still lost the war against the BETA if you consider Total Eclipse you know. What's with that happily ever after ending.
Mar 27, 2016 11:23 AM

Jan 2016
Damn, she died. Maybe it should be happier ending if she didn't.
There's more in me, but less to see. -Phantom Assassin
All action, is reaction. -Ember Spirit
Mar 27, 2016 11:36 AM
Jan 2016
Hey, I know! Instead of taking you to a hospital to get you treated so you can live on, lets go see the city of Berlin! ITS ONLY A GUNSHOT WOUND EH, NO BIG DEAL.
Mar 27, 2016 11:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Normally I don't question illogical decisions taken by characters in anime, but this time it was too much.

Why in the name of all that is holy did they not rush Irisdina to a hospital. Yes, I know shots to the stomach are generally fatal, but if they had time to call Theodor, hug her and then take her for a scenic view on top of his unit, then at least a rush to the emergency room could have been attempted. Pff.
Rant over.

The series was ok I suppose other than that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 27, 2016 11:38 AM

Aug 2014
So the romance in the show. Is

MC-kun will protect katia with his life for the rest of his life but does not love her. Katia proabably loves/likes MC-kun. MC-kun loves iris how dies. But the only Romance Mc-kun has is to kiss and fuck his sister...

ahhh thats so Muv-luv
Mar 27, 2016 11:40 AM

Sep 2014
Another grand speech by Ursula(Katia) But damn Beatrix also has quite twisted ideals as Schmidt had. Rip Sylwia and Walter ;_;
Axmann the scum as usual and so good to see him get rekt by Irisdina, but damn not like this ;_;.
So satisfying seeing Theodor win that battle vs Beatrix. Good to see west back them up in the end and good to see Jeckeln surviving that explosion in the Stasi files :)

In the end I will give the series an 8/10.
Mar 27, 2016 11:51 AM

Jun 2013
I hoped they will make a better ending for Irisdina than in LN. But....
Mar 27, 2016 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
How in the blue hell nobody went to threat Irisdina's injury??? Nah, our MC-kun was stupid as fuckless duck...atleast Beatrix death was brutal...
Mar 27, 2016 12:03 PM
Jan 2016
I really wish they would've given Beatrix, Iris, and Jurgen a quick flashback so that their relationship was more clear.

Mar 27, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2013
God I hate this forced melodramatic bullshit. Instead of getting her quick treatment for her wounds they instead decide to watch the sunrise over Berlin for a good while? Her wounds are not even serious if she managed to stay alive that long so what was the point of killing her off?
I didn't even feel anything during the scene. We already got his sister's death no need for another emotional death.
4/10
Augustus15Mar 27, 2016 12:14 PM
Mar 27, 2016 12:13 PM

Jul 2015
That was one of the most beautiful episodes of any mecha series I've ever seen. I seriously cried when Irisdina died. She went through so much ;_; RIP. Again, gotta hand it to Suzumura Kenichi for the excellent voice work with Theodor. This is easily my favorite mecha series. I love how they focus more on internal conflict rather than the fight against the BETA. Schwarzesmarken easily a 10/10 for me. Very underrated! Yeah, it's a bit illogical that they didn't rush her to the hospital but blame the the original creators I guess. They did a great job adapting it in a 12 episode series.
ReguIusMar 27, 2016 12:16 PM
Mar 27, 2016 12:27 PM

Apr 2008
Farabeuf said:
Normally I don't question illogical decisions taken by characters in anime, but this time it was too much.

Why in the name of all that is holy did they not rush Irisdina to a hospital. Yes, I know shots to the stomach are generally fatal, but if they had time to call Theodor, hug her and then take her for a scenic view on top of his unit, then at least a rush to the emergency room could have been attempted. Pff.
Rant over.

The series was ok I suppose other than that.

Hahahaha QFT. My thoughts exactly.
Theodor after Iris death: "I loved you, I wanted to protect you". Yet he did not even consider using his mech to rush her over to a hospital. Even if there was 1% chance of surviving, logic dictates that he should have taken it.

Forced emotional moments are worthless. Overall the series is a tiny little bit better than Muv Luv Total Eclipse, but character development in Total Eclipse was by far better.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Mar 27, 2016 12:31 PM
Feb 2016
I knew it, Gretel lives! I'm glad she survived. It was a great episode and season. My only complaint is that I didn't feel very connected with some of the characters, like Irisdina and therefore didn't really care that she died. I feel like it needed to be 3-6 episodes longer. From a realistic point of view how they killed Irisdina annoyed me but it doesn't break much since I wasn't invested in her really. For a 12 episode series, they did a good job.

Overall I'd give it an 8 out of 10. I'm definitely interested in an English version of the visual novel so I can get the full character development and backstory.
Mar 27, 2016 12:37 PM

Dec 2014
So Gretel lives. Iris on the otherhand...

Well, I enjoyed this more than Total Eclipse.
Mar 27, 2016 12:59 PM
Jan 2016
very nice, great BETA anime. A lot of people died, typical BETA. Just the Incest part, a bit strange. She might be stasi. but i bang her, so she is with us now. That is a tough sell. Probably ban in USA tv network.
Mar 27, 2016 1:07 PM
Jan 2016
Now that's how you feel the war, unlike in Total Eclipse, also, this anime is designed for promoting the visual novel, so we're looking forward to it, and it has high production values than anime.
Mar 27, 2016 1:07 PM

Feb 2013
lol iris death ruins the whole show.
Mar 27, 2016 1:13 PM
Apr 2015
I love how they totally forgot the last defence line was eventually going to fall even with the help of the west and acted like the problem just magically resolved itself once help arrived. It makes the afterword feel so dull.

Lol, they saved Gretel who also was shot in the stomach but not Irisdina... watching berlin takes priority over living afterall.
frenze12Mar 27, 2016 1:17 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:22 PM

May 2015
And so it ends. Really sucks that Iris didn't make it in the end... But Katia's smile made it all worth it. Glad Gretel survived as well. They lost a lot of comrades along the way. Show had pretty nice action. 8/10. Gotta check out the LN when I get the chance.

Mar 27, 2016 1:42 PM

Apr 2014
bah theodor say he likes her when is gonna die
always late theodor
Mar 27, 2016 2:00 PM
Nov 2015
The result was generally quite OK.
Some animation issues but nothing tragic.
The end was also not the best (I have to admit I'm spoiled from MLA in direction Muvluv) but better than some other ends.
The only thing that bothered me really, was this forced drama with Irsidina. I mean instead of bringing her to the hospital where they can possibly save her, they drag her through the forest to the TSF, then to a hill (incl. Pilot going aboard, maneuver and off) where she sees the sunrise together with Theodor, talk and then dies in his arms .. (the whole process has certainly needed minimum 20 minutes ...) and then he cries that he could not save her. SRSLY .. damn .. fgt

Episode 7/10
Overall 7/10
FDGdeMar 27, 2016 2:05 PM
Mar 27, 2016 2:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Schwarzesmarken....The series where every single last best girl candidate except for one dies TwT

Seeing Iris die/my OTP burning in flames made me very upset but this finale was pretty great and the series overall was pretty good too

7/10
Mar 27, 2016 2:12 PM

May 2015
irisdina could've lived if they rushed her to a hospital??

and theodor didn't fucking confess his feelings I was expecting that the whole freaking time just for closure or something

while axman and his underling survived being showered by many bullets no one fucking hit axman even once

I'm really frustrated from that last episode anett fucked up as always, old man died for a fucking gun
Mar 27, 2016 2:16 PM

Apr 2010
I have to say this was a very strong ending which made watching this anime more than worth it.
At the start there was some comparison to Total Eclipse and even speculation that this was heading the same way but fortunately it didn't .
And thanks too that this turned into a great anime.

As @Tokoya mentioned it's a shame that the best girls minus Ursula had to die.
It would have been nice if Irisdina lived Anette could have taken the shot or they could have taken her to the hospital but would the ending have been as strong as it is now?

I really enjoyed watching this anime.
Mar 27, 2016 2:18 PM
May 2012
Gretel living and Iris dying ruined everything.

Like, they kept Iris prisoner for so many episodes for nothing. They should have just killed her a long time ago instead of this crap.
Mar 27, 2016 2:30 PM

Jul 2015
It was nice to see a different take at WWII and it's aftermath, even with the rogue elements of aliens and mecha's. It was fun to watch.

Still think it would've been better if Michael Bay directed it though

Squad 666, Roll out! /5

Mar 27, 2016 2:35 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
It was a nicely done dark series with a sprinkling of actual history tossed in the mix. On the other hand, not a good day for all the "shippers"......no.....not a good day. Giving it a 8/10 for effort and making me anticipate each episode.
Mar 27, 2016 2:42 PM

Aug 2010
Series was very mediocre, hell I think total eclipse is better and that was pretty booty. Couldn't get invested into the story at all, too much goofy stuff going on.
Mar 27, 2016 2:54 PM

Feb 2015
Disappointing ending to what has been a bit of a mixed bag of a series. Gutted Iris has to die in such a stupid & pointless way. Do we really need forced drama? It kinda took the edge of this series for me.

The story was interesting but god it was depressing at times and the colour pallet of the show made it rather gloomy. I preferred Total Eclipse to this.

6/10
Mar 27, 2016 2:59 PM

Jan 2016
ikzrx said:
Hey, I know! Instead of taking you to a hospital to get you treated so you can live on, lets go see the city of Berlin! ITS ONLY A GUNSHOT WOUND EH, NO BIG DEAL.

And Gretel lived... If she hung on for that long, going to the hospital was an option.
Mar 27, 2016 3:02 PM

Jun 2015
...they just had to kill off best girl .
No ! scratch that ! killing best girl isn't enough lets just kill most of them ...you know ...for the feels!
I really hate it when they do this...
stop killing off 99% of the characters!!!

8/10
(lost one point because of Akame ga kill ending)
Mar 27, 2016 3:29 PM

Feb 2014
... Perfect ... Schwarzesmarken 10/10
Best Setting (East Germany), nice politic story and a OP Enemie with the BETA

Season2?
Translation: The way goes on ...
Mar 27, 2016 3:47 PM
Mar 2016
Okay, why didn't Anette just shoot the dude instead of throwing the gun at Iris? Seriously this ending sucked so much, built up so much hype just for it to deflate like this.
Mar 27, 2016 3:51 PM
Jan 2016
Enju1 said:
Okay, why didn't Anette just shoot the dude instead of throwing the gun at Iris? Seriously this ending sucked so much, built up so much hype just for it to deflate like this.

Because she's useless.
Mar 27, 2016 3:57 PM

Mar 2008
I was going to give it 7/10 but they killed off Irisdina so its 5/10 from me now and .1.
Mar 27, 2016 4:16 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Irisdina dying wasn't a smart choice, especially since it wasn't executed properly. OK episode, OK series.
Mar 27, 2016 4:39 PM

Aug 2013
So I feel like this ending shouldn't have really happened. Sure we get the final boss (being the Stasi) being dealt with once and for all which is good but this series feels like it would have been better off with a 24 ep route or a split cour rather than just 12 eps. Then again, since this is an LN, it's hard to tell where it goes.

As I scanned over the comments above, I'm glad to see people agree that Irisdina's death was completely unnecessary. I mean, it seemed like the last 3 or 4 episodes of this series was basically characters getting killed off like it was Attack on Titan...er...wait huh, now I see that connection. Anyways...

Yeah, you giant ass damn robots and obvious tech that is super advanced but no one thinks to rush the chick to the hospital? She could have gotten medical attention, then there would be like a few days of a time skip and we get that tender moment where she sees Berlin from a wheelchair and Theodor is the one pushing her. They have that heart-warming conversation then he confesses and boom epilogue after but no....these writers obviously don't think we understand reality on that level.

I felt that this series was better than what people were giving it credit for and had rated it about a solid 7 or 8 but this ending drops it to a 6/10.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 27, 2016 5:13 PM

Nov 2013
Well, as always, *&%^ you Koki for killing off best girls. Also, screw you Annette for making me remember how useless you were from the first episodes.
Mar 27, 2016 5:32 PM

Oct 2011
I prefer this show over Total Eclipse by a considerable margin. If this were a 2 cour show, it could have been quite good. If only...

Mar 27, 2016 5:40 PM

Sep 2011
Would've been way better with 2 cours, but it was still good and better than Muv-luv IMO. Only gripe I had was them killing Irisdina and the lack of character development, which falls back to more episodes.

7/10 still though since I enjoyed it and never got bored.
Mar 27, 2016 5:57 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah probably should have taken Irisdina to a hospital.
Mar 27, 2016 5:59 PM

Jun 2013
Tremendously depressing end to a try amazing and underrated anime gem!
Iris :(
9/10
Mar 27, 2016 6:03 PM
Jan 2016
Wow, all I got to say, best ending ever, that was so beautiful, and unlike all the critics here, this is what war is all about, Irisdina has done her mission, and rather die happy then keep living the nightmare. Also, better Muv-Luv series to date, and it's a mile better than Total Eclipse, 5/5. The next one is The Euro Front.
animevortexNGMar 27, 2016 6:06 PM
Mar 27, 2016 6:04 PM
Jan 2016
Infiziert90 said:
... Perfect ... Schwarzesmarken 10/10
Best Setting (East Germany), nice politic story and a OP Enemie with the BETA

Season2?
Translation: The way goes on ...
The Euro Front is the answer.
Mar 27, 2016 6:06 PM

Aug 2013
This final was sadder than I expected, Irisdina the best girl, deserved to have a romantic end with the protagonist, and eventually was Katia one who just nearest him, since she had already shown romantic feelings for Theodor, I think I can think that still had a hint of romanticism at the end, I liked the character design, the soundtrack and the plot, was a good composition in general

At first thought it would be an anime that would show battles with strange creatures and surrounded protagonist of girls, but the focus of the plot was on the political battles as well as the relationships between the characters, I wanted to see more characters alive at the end of the anime, the most of them actually, but it was nice to see a more realistic anime about wars and deaths, this adaptation has a small target audience, so I think that not everyone may like this anime, I particularly surprised me a lot and I really enjoyed, in my opinion stood among the best animes of the season, I would like to see more works like this ..
Mar 27, 2016 6:14 PM

Feb 2014
The Euro Front is the answer.

Every one knows that euro is fallen in Muv Luv ...
But atm i know that the LN is at the same point of story like the anime (not the read LN, only hear it from guys) ... so its not enough content for a season 2 atm
Infiziert90Mar 27, 2016 6:27 PM
Mar 27, 2016 6:20 PM
Dec 2012
From what it looks like people who disliked the series after the final episode are primarily dwelling on "best girl" dying. Like seriously?

The Story should be a primary focus and characters should be secondary. The main focus is East Germany won their long needed revival and unification with West Germany. At the end of the day this is war, and people make sacrifices/die. Sure Iris's death could have been prevented but again, her job has been completed. Her role as the hero has been succeeded to Theodor and Katia, the torch has already been passed down.

Only gripe is the show didn't make Iris look like she was at the point of no return in terms of being saved. Which now you see what happens, the viewers cry/nit pick that "best girl" could have been easily saved. Time hasn't been too clear on how long Iris was bleeding out for or how quick it took for Theodor to fly to Berlin for her to see the sunrise. All we can do is appreciate she died a hero's death and passed down her brother's wishes that went to her, and now to Katia & Theodor.
Mar 27, 2016 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
There will be a season 2 for both Schwarzesmarken and Alternative Total Eclipse, and new series revolving Shirogane Takeru. Btw, Katia reminds me of Kudelia Aina Bernstein. I didn't get to see Anett x Theodor kiss, and Gretel should had died, very disappointed. :(
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Will season 2nd be available in later?

SametTakao - Jul 30, 2023

3 by volgenauts »»
Aug 3, 2023 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.