Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2016 9:19 AM

Jun 2011
Started off strong but gradually went downhill.

i'll give it 7/10
Mar 25, 2016 9:23 AM

Oct 2013
Nice finale, i guess we can call that Happy ending. The scene where Satoru talked to Yashiro at the rooftop was intense. I thought Satoru was done for after Yashiro knew that he recorded the whole conversation by phone. I don't know what kind of relationship did Yashiro think of Satoru because he said he couldn't live without him anymore, or is it because the only person who knows his true form is Satoru.

The ship has sunk before even reach a land, Satoru x Kayo was never going to happen, but i'm glad that He met Airi at the end, it filled the hole within my heart because i thought Satoru would be so lonely after those 15 years while he was in coma everything has changed, but thank God he met Airi, i'm happy for both Satoru and Airi they met in different circumstances.

I don't want to compare Boku dake ga Inai Machi with Steins;Gate, both are good in their own ways. ♥

Overall score 10/10, definitely one of the best animes in the past 10 years
ToshiroChanMar 25, 2016 9:31 AM
Mar 25, 2016 9:27 AM

Aug 2014
Well, this was a ride. The anime started off strongly, but as soon as Kayo's arc ended it all went downhill. Didn't really like the super hero speech at the end, but I guess it was necessary. And suddenly... Airi appears out of nowhere. Guess they couldn't leave fans hanging.

One thing I really didn't like was how the Revival was never explained. This may roll in anime that aren't gunning for a top spot, but that's evidently not one of them. It also suddenly stops, just at the right moment, when Satoru's life is perfect. Screw all those people that could've been saved by that, huh?

Still, the first episodes were very good, the characters are mostly likable and believable (except for Yashiro, but killers are rarely truly understood anyway), the music was okay, the enjoyment factor was fairly high, and the ending... well, it wasn't strong, but still not appalling.

Final episode: 3.5/5
Overall series score: 7.5/10

The last few minutes reminded me heavily of Shigatsu. "A town without me..."
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 25, 2016 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
And apparently Satoru has become a Hollywood star, lols

Can someone explain to me what is that sign, since i don't read the manga.. is he treated as a hero or something in his town ?
ToshiroChanMar 25, 2016 9:32 AM
Mar 25, 2016 9:36 AM

Jul 2012
That was really anticlimatic. And i'm not talking about his crazy falling plan and Yashiro him catching. Questioning all this stuff is pointless. Plus all those deep mind games with you're my last hope didn't like at all, maybe because it was rushed, but i don't think anything will change if i will write more about it =/
About random Airi's appearance people are saying that in manga it wasn't also showed that good, so the question do you guys think that it was some kind of shipping them, cause he was 2 times older than her or something like that. Talking about is it right or wrong, just really feels like it's not.
Mar 25, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2007
Ehh.... I basically only have complaints sadly. It's a pity cause in my mind this was 9-10/10 up to episode 8-9 or so. Around then I made a post saying that I absolutely love the pace of the anime and how each character is developed so much but I was afraid there was not enough time to explain everything in the last 3 episodes. Well fuck that? Explain everything? They didn't do SHIT besides capturing Yashiro. Like really?

1) Why did Satoru had this power?
2) How did Satoru lost this power?
3) How did Satoru survive? Did Yashiro saved him? If so why?
4) Does the anime seriously implies that Yashiro grew attached to Satoru and couldn't kill him? And how does Satoru realised that???
5) Airi jumping out of the blue in the end???? Like what? SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HIM JESUS.

I haven't read the manga but this is one of the worst ending I'v ever seen. The whole concept of Revival was flawed because it was just there for the plot to progress. No explanation no nothing. Like if it was a world with super powers or something I would accept it but just the main character having a power with no explanation for the sake of plot going forward... I have no words. All the questions with no answer in the end just make it worse. Add the forced Airi + Satoru ending and yeah...

All in all I think this is terribly BUT I still gave it a 8/10. But in my mind it's like the last 3 episodes don't exist. I'm really in denial in how such a great anime story and character wise turned into absolute garbage so fast... I'm gonna read the end of the manga cause from what people say it's clearly better. Maybe I'll get some explanations there.
Mar 25, 2016 10:06 AM

Aug 2014
Well...that was quite the surprise. Felt like it got resolved to fast, and really don't understand why Yashiro couldn't live without him...was it because Satoru stopped his plans? So many questions are also left unanswered by the end of this, but oh well...7/10.
Mar 25, 2016 10:17 AM

Aug 2013
are we not going to talk about how that gay fatass knew very well that Satoru and Kayo were OTP but instead of waiting for his awakening out of respect he decided to screw her anyway ?
Mar 25, 2016 10:20 AM

Aug 2013
Aw they made the ending with Airi cuter than the manga. Too bad they cut out some importants parts with her throughout the show though.

Also the conclusion with Yashiro was kind of weird, but I guess it works. They cut out too much of his backstory though.
TazuMar 25, 2016 10:23 AM
Mar 25, 2016 10:31 AM
Aug 2011
This was a great show , but 12 episodes were just too short for this kind of plot , I don't think it was rushed at all because there is no way you can explain everything in only 12 episodes..

You can't even compare it to Steins;gate because you can't compare a 12 ep anime to a 24 ep anime,
it's like resuming a 300 page+ novel into one page.

If you guys have watched Shirobako , you'd probably understand how hard it is to product an anime in time, and to make it really good.

So it's a pretty solid anime, I wouldn't call it best anime or so , but definitly one that stood out.
Mar 25, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2012
Half the salt and complaints would not exist if the show didn't have a top ten MAL rating.
Mar 25, 2016 11:04 AM

Sep 2014
This show really showed me that high production value can't salvage bad writing. Absolutely terrible. The first few episodes were promising, which may contribute to my hate, but the second half was almost unwatchable.

2/10
Mar 25, 2016 11:34 AM

Aug 2012
i also think that it started out amazingly but in the end it was just mehhhh

it had so much potential and i feel sad it just got wasted in the last two eps

still 8/10
Mar 25, 2016 11:50 AM

Dec 2012
kyaaaaa~ moment ohh~ a lot of haters again well punk you very much guys xp
Mar 25, 2016 11:53 AM

May 2013
Honestly I found the episode a little disappointing. It's likely because I haven't read the manga, but the entire scene with Yashiro felt very sudden and frankly didn't make much sense. If you're going to make an anime adaptation it shouldn't depend on people reading the manga.

I did appreciate the idea of the town where he wasn't there being his treasure though. It's not that he wouldn't have preferred not to be in a coma, but that his actions leading to it gave other people a chance to live. I like that a lot.

And I suppose technically - seeing as it's not like he lost all knowledge of the alternate timeline - he didn't really lose any time at all, the people around him did.
Mar 25, 2016 11:54 AM

Mar 2013
For the sake of first half...

7/10
Mar 25, 2016 11:55 AM

Oct 2008
Not bad, not bad. A little bit melodramatic and sentimental, but I liked how the character arcs came to a close, mirrored each other and it tied in well with the title, "A Town Only Without Me". Oh wait, they changed the title. Still completely flummoxed by the change.
Mar 25, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2013
Wasn't very convinced and it took me two months but I slowly became interested and I'm glad I finally can say I don't regret it at all.
Mystery is my favorite genre and BokuMachi just made a great adition to my list of predilected ones. At least the first ten episodes, were absolutely amazing, jaw-dropping and intense. Nice cast of super likable characters as well. Except by the obvious ones, of course.
The concept was great and well supplemented. The ending was a bit weak but I don't exactly mind. Everyone was happy nonetheless. Great series, I'm glad I decided to stick to it. 8/10
Mar 25, 2016 11:57 AM

Mar 2013
rotaryplanets said:
I feel like I missed something... why did Yashiro kill those kids?
Any reason given or was it just for fun?

agree with you.

What was the reason ?
Was it explained in the manga?
Mar 25, 2016 12:01 PM
Jan 2016
I'm so glad airi came back and then Satoru blushes lol. This anime's plot was fantastic. Also,the warming feeling these episodes give me is really rare to get with all anime's. Erased gives me that feeling during every episode.
Mar 25, 2016 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
How the teacher got caught was different from the manga so it wasn't bad. They had to wrap it up quickly :S
Mar 25, 2016 12:04 PM

Aug 2008
Some pacing issues cropped up near the end of this show but it was still a great ride, cute ending.
Mar 25, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2008
I don't have the strenght to read all previous posts so maybe you already explained it, but can you tell me why Yashiro got arrested for attempted murder? I can't actually understand it.

The phone is soon spotted, so it's useless.

If we take into account the facts of 15 years before, when Yashiro tried to kill Satoru in the car, it doesn't matter because after 15 years there's the statute of limitations, at least in the anime cause i don't know japanese laws.

The fact that Yashiro poisoned with drugs the bag for the little girl also can't be taken into account because the bag has Satoru's fingerprints and not Yashiro's and Satoru himself can't actually prove that it was all the killer's doing.

Then last but not the least important: if we consider facts from an outside point of view Satoru attempted to kill himself and Yashiro tried to save him but unsuccessfully, because apparently it is hard to hold a man and a wheelchair at the same time.

There's something I didn't consider?
Mar 25, 2016 12:45 PM

Feb 2014
That was a swift ending. Ok that Yashiro went to prison. I only really liked the scene when he almost jumps just to see Satoru alive and well. Will have to read the manga though, I hear the adaptation didn't do it justice.
Mar 25, 2016 12:50 PM

Dec 2012
Amazing anime. Been waiting for a thriller anime for a while, and this delivered. Impeccable atmosphere, even though they weren't a lot of action happening, but the tension was present always.

I honestly don't remember the last time I was this impressed by the direction of a TV anime. Felt more like a movie than a TV show.

Have no complaints, wish to see more anime like this 9/10
I think I will re-read the manga, but this is definitely better than the other manga I read by the same author, though I noticed a lot of similarities.
Mar 25, 2016 12:52 PM

Feb 2011
MC is lucky he doesn't need an education or need to be physically fit to be a successful mangaka. One of the only money making options available for someone who drops out of school and can't lift a person to save their life. Art has always been one of those careers that doesn't require much training, but society puts you in classes that teach it anyway. Self-taught is better imo. Everyone modernizes with time.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 25, 2016 12:58 PM
Feb 2009
ohh sht I knew it Airi was best girl from the very beginning <3
Mar 25, 2016 12:58 PM
Nov 2010
idavisje said:
Can someone explain to me how it's possible that he met Airi again with a completely different age? Shouldn't she still be a high school girl?

The events at the beginning of the show (when we met Airi) were in 2005, but the events at the very end of the show (when he meets her in the new timeline) are in 2010.
Mar 25, 2016 1:17 PM

Oct 2013
Character interactions were the highlights of Boku Dake for me, while the mystery aspect kinda fell in the background.

Tbh, I kinda wish the mystery aspect was removed altogether in favor of more characterization for Yashiro-sensei - letting us get into his mind, what he thinks when he wants to murder someone, or when his plans were getting screwed by Satoru. The character interactions were great, so it could've probably worked nicely. Leave it as a mystery for the characters, but not the viewers.

8/10
Mar 25, 2016 1:19 PM

Nov 2012
Maledict said:

One thing I really didn't like was how the Revival was never explained. This may roll in anime that aren't gunning for a top spot, but that's evidently not one of them. It also suddenly stops, just at the right moment, when Satoru's life is perfect. Screw all those people that could've been saved by that, huh?

Well, they couldn't have Satoru go back in time again and save all the victims in just one episode like Charlotte or Madoka, could they? Actually that would make some sense D: with good pacing of course. A lot of kids died anyway despite Satoru's efforts and sacrifice. Actually, at least in Charlotte they explain that the time travel power has a limit of uses (plot convenient, of course, but at least they explained it).

Yuzuryn said:
I can see why people compare it to Charlotte but seriously Charlotte? Don't get me wrong it was an enjoyable show but after episode 7 the show fell complete on it's ass. It didn't help that the previous episodes didn't really add any depth to the characters besides Nao and Yuu. It was just plot holes galore from that point and characters being a bit too stupid for the sake of plot took away some enjoyment from the show.

Agreed. Charlotte just shat on its premise and the pacing was way more terrible. In b4 people start comparing Erased to Aldnoah Zero for going downhill.

Reload said:
MC is lucky he doesn't need an education or need to be physically fit to be a successful mangaka. One of the only money making options available for someone who drops out of school and can't lift a person to save their life. Art has always been one of those careers that doesn't require much training, but society puts you in classes that teach it anyway. Self-taught is better imo. Everyone modernizes with time.

That's an adaptation problem, they skipped a scene from the manga that shows Satoru obtaining his education certificate.
kchorrex2012Mar 25, 2016 1:30 PM
Mar 25, 2016 1:45 PM
Apr 2014
That end. For a moment I really thought Airi would be left out in this time line Satoru created. I was ready to start complaining considering they even showed a flashback of her when the resolved this situation and then that would have been it? Well. Glad it didn't come to that :P

Also the way he got the teacher was actually so much better to watch than the last like 2 episodes. Didn't expect this anime to get back on a similar level as it was before in the final episode(even though that was still far below the early episodes).

Would have given this 9/10 but the last few episodes really felt lacking compared to the start. After Satoru managed to safe Kayo it just went so fast for no special reason.

Norakagami said:
Alright, it was good! Though I still wonder where the dude who they accused of the murders at first (and went to prison while being innocent) is now? I guess we'll never know. But it was a really good show, I loved seeing Airi at the end and it was overall a very interesting storyline.

You mean Yuuki? They showed him at the end. Satoru was driven to him by his friends and gave him something (probably a gift of some kind).
NanashiMar 25, 2016 1:48 PM
Mar 25, 2016 1:49 PM

Jun 2013
why is there a door in the fence of a fucking roof -_- also that was so amazing
Mar 25, 2016 1:49 PM
Dec 2015
This show was 10/10 hands down IMO. I can understand how people have grips about the second half of the season, and also the fact that it diverges from the manga, but I personally have never read the manga so I do not really care about that. Also I've seen some comments saying "I don't know why so many people are giving Boku Dake 10/10, they need higher standards..." WELL GUESS WHAT 10/10 FOR ME MAY NOT BE 10/10 FOR YOU SO GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!! In the end it was a show that got me to feel for the main character Satoru unlike most others, and any show that leaves you with tears of sadness/joy at the end is a damn good one!

btw I love that Satoru finally got his girl Airi at the end!!!

Mar 25, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2008
People compare S;G and this but the difference between the two is that Erased started strong but falls off while S;G started really slow (most people knew even dropped it because it was boring) but ended really good.

Given that it was impossible to fit the manga in 12 episodes I think they did a good job.
Mar 25, 2016 2:01 PM

Aug 2015
Not my fucking tempo!

1/10
Mar 25, 2016 2:03 PM

Apr 2013
Airi probably left after seeing Satoru's reaction...
On a serious note, I liked the ending but the whole ordeal with Yashiro was pure trash. The series itself started strong, but unlike most of the complaints I read, I feel it started declining after the first half and not at episode 10.
7/10
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 25, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2010
Great series 10/10
Mar 25, 2016 2:23 PM
Mar 2016
omg, it was really messy sometimes, but i love this episode, hahaha i cried at the end
I use my lacking english to write about animes. I watch animes. I'm animes.
Mar 25, 2016 2:24 PM

Oct 2010
all i want to say is if some one looked at me like that (when hinazuki came under the bridge) after just meeting them i would not futher conversation with them.
Mar 25, 2016 2:35 PM

Oct 2015
What a rush in these few last episodes. What's up with that yaoi double suicide lol? The dude literally held a wheelchair and a man on it with one hand and the balance was 100% although it shouldn't have been. I guess I gotta change my physics class.

I feel bad about Satoru though, he literally lost all of his teenage years and some part of childhood. Ouch.

Me being me, this series has made me cry a few times and it's a high 7/10. Maybe even 8/10, I don't know.
Mar 25, 2016 2:36 PM

Nov 2014
lezerman said:
Satoru x Kenya is cannon, right?

yes it is. If its not, i'll make it fanon in fanfiction.

Anime ending is so different from the manga. The entirety of this eps screams "bromance~~~~~" satoru winked... WINKED?!!!!!????!!!!! Gahhhhh the studio is totally pushing satoru and sensei together!!!
Mar 25, 2016 2:48 PM
Feb 2014
The first 1/2- 2/3 of this anime were great! The problem was that I was more interested in Kayo's torment/situation and Satoru's attempts to fix it than I was in the murder mystery. The villain was pretty obvious because the show couldn't introduce enough characters due to run time. This should would have definitely benefited with an episode or three more.

Also, not a big fan of the Batman-Joker "I need you" relationship between Satoru and the villain. It felt weird, considering that there wasn't any screen time to establish it.

Additionally, it felt super weird that Airi ended up with Satoru. I get that it's been 15 years, but half of the show was about building up the relationship between Kayo and Satoru. The baby was just a very sudden way to say that it was never meant to be.

Overall 7-8/10. The beginning carried the kinda meh ending.
Mar 25, 2016 2:50 PM
May 2013
10-12 were kinda bad compared to rest .
It haves flaws , it could've been a lot better if it was 24-26 long .
This is like a weird mix between "Butterfly Effect 3" and "Butterfly Effect 1"
I would give it lower score but I love butterfly effect so I'm gonna overrate it.
Mar 25, 2016 2:53 PM

Feb 2014
Laionidas said:
It's finally over 6/10.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen far worse anime than this, but this definitely ranks No.1 on my 'wasted potential' list. The last episode might have been somewhat redeeming with Satoru actually being ahead of the game for a change, but the round up was poorly handled all the same.

Also, while I haven't read the manga myself, I'm not liking what I've heard about the changes made to the Airi scenes. The way she seems to have been written out of the finale is completely disproportionate to her appearance and importance in the first half of the show, as well as in the show's opening. I might actually pick up the last few chapters of the manga, to see what the uncondensed ending looks like.

dolly94 said:
I also was kind of disappointed on how they cut almost all of Airi's scenes. I wonder why they did this...

I was more surprised by the fact that they did decide to show her in the end, especially after we got that weird Satoru x Misato speedboat sailing by just in the lost episode. Seriously why would they do that to begin with, and why on earth would they do that, if they were still going to stick with an Airi end?

Finally, I more or less expected him to call her by her name there at the end. It might not seem like the smartest thing to do, but Airi always seemed like someone open to his story, regardless of how ridiculous it would sound.

I know right? I t would have had a meaning to it if they didn't cut out her scenes but WITH cutting mostly everything, it's weird. The studio just made it feel as if Airi didn't have an important role AT ALL which is entirely the opposite. I feel sorry for Airi since she had alot of good scenes in the manga..... I also gave it 6/10
dolly94Mar 25, 2016 2:56 PM
Mar 25, 2016 2:53 PM

Feb 2008
What's with the conclusion?

At least I'm glad Airi got some screentime in the end. If it weren't for that scene at the very end, the finale episode would've been a complete downer for me. Still, not bad enough to ruin the impression left by the previous excellent episodes of the series.
Mar 25, 2016 2:56 PM
Mar 2016
The last episode was so perfect
No one died
Satoru and Airi finally meet
Mar 25, 2016 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
Daredevil said:
I don't have the strength to read all previous posts so maybe you already explained it, but can you tell me why Yashiro got arrested for attempted murder? I can't actually understand it.

If we consider facts from an outside point of view Satoru attempted to kill himself and Yashiro tried to save him but unsuccessfully, because apparently it is hard to hold a man and a wheelchair at the same time.

This.

It's hardly attempted murder if Satoru was the one to wheel himself off the roof. We would have needed to see Yashiro pull him back up, only to THEN push him off, for murder to have been an allegation. Otherwise his hand just slipped, and nobody could prove otherwise.

Yeah, it's nitpicky. Sure. But for an anime that had paid so much attention to detail coming up to this scene (they even threw in Statute of Limitations for God's sake!), this came up as underwhelming at best.
Mar 25, 2016 3:05 PM

Dec 2013
as predicted, they strayed far from the manga. :( sensei's arrest was a joke. read the manga for the true end.

welp, it could have been better. it was a fun ride until the end.

7/10
Mar 25, 2016 3:09 PM

May 2015
I was worried that the last episode would be crummy since I didn't like the previous one, but I'm satisfied with how it was handled. Leaves me with a sense of closure. I'm happy that the Satoru x Airi ship came true in in the end. c:

9/10
Mar 25, 2016 3:09 PM

Jan 2014
dolly94 said:
The studio just made it feel as if Airi didn't have an important role AT ALL which is entirely the opposite.

True. The weirdest thing about it though, is that the studio seems to have decided this only about halfway through the show, untill they decide to go back on their decision at the very end, right after showing us the tiny Misato ship.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Pages (28) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.