Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 20, 2016 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, I liked the majority of the action this episode.

About time 666th squad got some payback. Although in all honesty, it's also about time Beatrix to take the flight in action. I've been rather disappointed by the minimal amount of characterization on her this season. Same with Silva. In terms of actual action, found it entertaining.

Too bad there were casualties.
Mar 20, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2015
Come on now Katia, now is not the "perfect" time.

So that's how they wear the pilot's "armor", "uniform", or whatever they mention it.

Adding some "good luck" charm too. LOL
MasceraMar 20, 2016 10:20 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 20, 2016 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
Very intense episode if you ask me.

Too bad we only have one more episode for the series to be honest.

Other than that, I feel emotional in some way and I feel kind of bad for Theodor.
Mar 20, 2016 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
Mascera said:
Come on now Katia, now is not the "perfect" time.

So that's how they wear the pilot's "armor", "uniform", or whatever they mention it.

Adding some "good luck" charm too. LOL
I found that part quite funny tbh.

Now I don't remember the name of the actual uniforms but the uniforms are special, to protect them from any event from the BETA or something. I do not remember much though.
Mar 20, 2016 11:43 AM

Jun 2013
So Gretel is gone, too sad!
Mar 20, 2016 11:49 AM

Feb 2014
ryanstrike said:
So Gretel is gone, too sad!

i don't think so ... there are many many ppl from the resistance, so one of them is safing here

But great Epsiode ... plot twist with the guy from KGB and now Beatrix as Leader of Eastgermany
Mar 20, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2014
Beatrix really bossing it up getting rid of the KGB agent Schmidt or should I say ''Andropov'' and Axmann getting away as usual that scum.
Rip Jeckeln ;_;
It's time for Theodor to show whos the real boss. it's gonna be interesting to see what Katia(Ursula) is gonna do in the last episode.
Please save Irisidina soon.
Mar 20, 2016 11:55 AM

Aug 2008
Beatrix is the boss. Hopefully we get to see Irisdina back in action soon.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 20, 2016 12:45 PM

Apr 2015
Oh look, Shin got his Destiny...oh wait. (sorry they shared the same voice actor and I can't unhear)

Gretel better not die T_T
Mar 20, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, it's a double cross against another double cross in Beatrix and Erich Schmidt, and Gretel and Heinze Axmann.
Mar 20, 2016 1:58 PM
Dec 2015
anyone know what song was playing when theodor got his kickass new mecha?
Mar 20, 2016 2:12 PM

Apr 2010
Honestly this is getting more interesting by the episode and this is so much better than Total Eclipse.
I can't wait till next week.

Now another member gone in the unit, not much will remain of this continues i just hope the manage to safe Irisdina.
And Beatrix and Axman showed their true nature hopefully they will suffer next episode Axman in particular.
Mar 20, 2016 2:12 PM

Sep 2013
it seems the internal conflict is in spotlight rather than the BETAs..
Mar 20, 2016 2:14 PM

Jul 2015
Gretel ;_; Really good fights this episode! Beatrix is pretty pretty damn crafty with how she does things and I love it. Onto saving Irisdina next ep!
Mar 20, 2016 2:15 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Man all those back-stabs and double-crossings O_O

3/5
Mar 20, 2016 2:41 PM

Feb 2015
good episode with some decent Mecha action. This series has really turned things around. If you watched the first 3 episodes you'd be mistaken in thinking this was a pretty crappy series. I'm glad I've stuck with it as it's got allot better.

Looking forward to an epic final episode
Mar 20, 2016 3:17 PM

Jun 2012
Afropanda202 said:

All we know is the singer and band so far.
http://myanimelist.net/people/32281/Evan_Call
Band is elements garden they also do music for all of Symphogear and Grisaia no Kajitsu.
Fun fact that song actually plays much earlier in the visual novel but i like the choice to use it later as opposed to earlier.

AzuriteZ said:
Oh look, Shin got his Destiny...oh wait. (sorry they shared the same voice actor and I can't unhear)

Come on man think Okita from Gintama. lol
Unlike the Destiny though this is no abomination and it actually has the parts to not work against itself. Yes the Destiny Gundam was that bad.

Anett has kind of been best girl for me after awhile how she gets all ecstatic over the 666th emblem is great. xD

Adding in Lise and Irisdinia's parts for a custom tsf was a great touch giving the mechanics their time to shine. Very ecstatic for last episode still hoping we get to see something after the credits however.

StormVanguardMar 20, 2016 3:32 PM
Mar 20, 2016 4:00 PM

Sep 2011
If only this was a 24 episode show. Enjoying it much more than Muv-luv: TE. Also, does anyone know if there's more material after this season ends?
Mar 20, 2016 4:55 PM
Jan 2016
Tyrel said:
If only this was a 24 episode show. Enjoying it much more than Muv-luv: TE. Also, does anyone know if there's more material after this season ends?

Yeah, if it should be the opposite, Total Eclipse having 12 episode would gain more interesting as it could cut all the fanservices, and Schwarzes Marken having 24 episode would be good to expand the plot, my guess they are saving it for VN/game.
Mar 20, 2016 5:28 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode. One left to wrap this up.
Mar 20, 2016 5:30 PM

Jan 2014
That escalated quick. Basically we get to see that Beatrix and her Werewolves are fearsome and intelligent enough to face a trap and prepare one of their own. Also Beatrix is tough but one to not submit to anybody in the end and she has enough strength and charisma to lead others to her cause including Axmann (who likely did it out of cowardice rather than loyalty), and this sob pulled a stunt of his own the asshole.

Few characters got off'd and Gretel got cliffhanger treatment. I don't want her to be gone (specially with how a sucker I am for black long-haired girls).

Finally it is the time for the last boss battle. And West is coming to help, which is nice.

If anything I loved the first part of the episode in which we are shown the emotional backlash that doing war often involves, specially political or anything remote of civil wars. I loved when Katia relieved the weight off Theodor and he himself finally letting himself burst into tears letting his emotions flow (Suzumura you pulled a nice acting there I fucking love you man).
Mar 20, 2016 5:44 PM

Jun 2012
animevortexNG said:
Tyrel said:

Yeah, if it should be the opposite, Total Eclipse having 12 episode would gain more interesting as it could cut all the fanservices, and Schwarzes Marken having 24 episode would be good to expand the plot, my guess they are saving it for VN/game.

#1 this isn't canon
#2 the visual novel has routes but the anime one is unique to the light novel and vn's.
Also Teito Muyo otherwise known as Yui's prequel would have been the better choice being 2 ova's or waiting until a later date when they completed Teito Muyo for the pc release of Total Eclipse which probably would have been 4 to 6 ova's total being a much better representation of what the Muv-luv series has to offer.

Right, there's also that mystery anime that was announced back after around Total Eclipse's air time finished. I'm not sure if this is an error on Moon phase's part or not but Kouki himself announced something twice way back before Schwarzesmarken was announced and two anime's were listed on moonphase for quite awhile being Schwarzesmarken and a Muv-Luv original. I'm not sure if it's an indication of anything but my instincts tell me it is.

Considering how age and Kouki hasn't entirely denied the possibility of a trilogy adaptation i feel like it just might happen sometime soon following after the kickstarter video and Kouki's plans if he ever does make an adaptation of the Muv-Luv original trilogy it will be 12 episodes Extra, 12 episodes unlimited and 24 episodes alternative plus 2 movies he absolutely refuses to adapt it otherwise unless conditions are met. So you bet your ass it would be a faithful adaptation and than some.

Age is very good at teasing and keeping secrets in the dark only to suddenly unveil them and considering the possibilities it's much too quiet at headquarters right now.
StormVanguardMar 20, 2016 5:49 PM
Mar 20, 2016 5:57 PM

Dec 2013
So Beatrix was always the final boss, eh?
I'm surprised Axmann didn't save his own ass and off Beatrix when he had the chances to. In the end the only thing he could do was to sabotage the Stasi file library and steal all the Stasi secrets for himself (and even that was a failure). It really lowered my opinion of the man to be honest, he wasn't the antagonist that I had expected him to be.

The words that the rebel lady projected at Theodore felt so wrong to me. Isn't that what the Stasi had been preaching? Kill your sister to prove your own innocence? At least Theodore now has a literal perspective of what Irisdina had to go through when she shot her own brother. I really liked how they set up that scene to be honest. And the end where he finally accepted his teammates as something more than just "people he worked with" was such a great development for him.

As for the bulk of the episode, I loved all the tactical maneuvering for the TSF dogfights. The fact that Beatrix's seemed to anticipate that her vanguard unit would succumb to Schwarzesmarken's ground ambush, and subsequently pulled an ambush of their own just went to show how much of a field commander and tactical genius she was. If not for the unexpected intervention of Walther and Sylvia, the Rebellion would have been crushed then and there in Berlin and Beatrix would have already been installed as the head of state. Really love how the entire battle wasn't just a one-sided slaughter, but showed the maneuvering and counter-maneuvering of both sides. It's pretty rare to see in anime these days.

Seriously hope Gretel will come back to the squadron, and that they'll manage to save Irisdina as well. Regardless, Schwarzesmarken is going to have to recruit some pilots after this ends, cause they are effectively down to just 7 (if you include Katia, Gretel and Iris).
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 20, 2016 6:41 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Forget Trump......Forget Hillary.......I now have my candidate for President:

Mar 20, 2016 8:41 PM

Jan 2014
Catalyze said:
Forget Trump......Forget Hillary.......I now have my candidate for President:

She feels 100x worse than both of them together '-'
Mar 20, 2016 9:02 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode!
I'm actually kinda sad that this is ending next week, It has exceeded all my expectations!
Mar 20, 2016 9:24 PM

Oct 2013
And there goes Gretel as well(kinda doubt she made it out alive, even if the bullet didn't kill her).

I half-way expected Anett to bite the dust as well when her TSF got shot up a bit.

I'm calling it man,Anett, Walter, Syvlia...at least one of them will bite the dust 'till all's said & done(Walter & Sylvia in particular).
Mar 20, 2016 9:59 PM
Jan 2016
best BETA anime ever.
Mar 20, 2016 11:31 PM

May 2015
ah gretel was gone, she's my fav char
Mar 21, 2016 5:54 AM
Jan 2013
Why the fuck Theo need some hug and encouragement before breaking down in tears!
Theo, are you friggid?

How the fuck they got the information of Revolutionary army's temporary base? Axman? that was too fast! he barely got the info, then transmit to Beatrix, then the stasi deploys from expected location which is happened to be Stasi base that intersect the Rev. Armies route! Very convinient plot!! Why the fuck the werewolf squad playing asshole acting powerfull with playing around the revolutionary army first, then heading towards the Rev. Army Base? that's fucking ineficient and stupid!! if the Rev. Army got superior tactical or strategical opportunities, that would jeopardize the entire operation!!
Mar 21, 2016 6:13 AM

Jan 2016
Cliffhanger on Gretel sucks...

Theo losing it for his sister was painful but understandable even if she was a lost cause.

Katia getting ahead of her self need to let him grieve for a moment.

Iris needs more air time damn.

I am guessing there is about to be a massacre of TSFs this upcoming episode barring a second season is in the works.

I really wish there was this type of action in the first few episodes, the last few have been great. Wouldn't hurt to extend them to 45 mins so that they can put everything in, Next time. Seems like there is so much info that the fight scenes get shortened.

Sucks it's down to the last episode already.

Here's hoping Iris kills Beatrix and then Theo gets a harem of 666 girls.
Mar 21, 2016 8:14 AM

Jul 2015
renaiyuusha said:
ah gretel was gone, she's my fav char

Dont worry,she still alive as Futaba Aoi in Asobi ni iku Yo! ;v
Mar 21, 2016 8:55 AM
Apr 2015
The attempt to give beatrice more character was laughable in this episode. Folowing Jürgen ideals? Lol, your actions where nothing more than that of a 1 dimensional evil villian...
Mar 21, 2016 10:07 AM
Jan 2014
Afropanda202 said:

this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bSRlmv5YnE
Mar 21, 2016 1:42 PM

May 2015
Yep, that chick had a nice ass. Great episode with great action. Wonder how they will wrap it up next episode.

Mar 21, 2016 1:58 PM

Jan 2015
Rebels vs Stasi gonna happen as they're heading to Berlin.
So the Germany linking is going well, maybe they'll be one soon.
Battle commences and rebels have started strong!
But Beatrix arrives and someone's gonna die soon.
1 dead. 2 dead. Hope short brown/orange hair sword user girl doesn't die.
What the fuck Gretel has died?
Nice ketsu. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Good megane is not dead!
So Beatrix wants control the country, Schmidt is kill.
Shit megane is dead. RIP to kawaii megane.
Theodor gets a nice new Gundam
2.7/5
Mar 21, 2016 3:37 PM
Dec 2015
DarkSlayer182 said:
Afropanda202 said:

this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bSRlmv5YnE

yea it realy sounds like it, so i think this must be the one, thanks
Mar 21, 2016 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Gretel died, Beatrix will execute Irisdina, and the Stasis will take over Germany! I think I see a couple in the show: Anett Eberbach lol!
Mar 21, 2016 7:59 PM

Aug 2014
Very good episode, damn are these music scores awesome. Beatrix being the final villain was unexpected, and I'm glad that Soviet-loving bastard died.

4.5/5

Perfect, thanks, do you also happen to know what the battle theme past the 7th minute is called?
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 21, 2016 10:39 PM

Oct 2011
Gretel NOOOO T____T
Mar 22, 2016 4:41 AM

Feb 2008
I don't know which would be worse for East Germany, comrade Andopov or Beatrix-sama (disregarding the nuke topic for a moment)...

The plot development and action scenes certainly were enjoyable, the final episode ought to be even more epic. The pacing, however, feels a bit off. Then again, as I am a mecha maniac, as long as TSF combat is portrayed well, I am satisfied.

All in all, more Balalaika x Cheburashka x Alligatori.
Mar 22, 2016 8:22 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Inept_Dreamer said:
Please tell me Gretel didn't died o_0 She's one of my fav :'(((
This.....So many people are dropping in all kinds of series this weekend :(
Mar 22, 2016 2:09 PM
Sep 2010
It rly rly doesn't make sense why the Stasis and the rebels are fighting each other so hard at the current point in time. They're barely holding off the BETAs so yeah...

But I think the pacing is quite good and the action/drama is very entertaining. Glad I picked up Schwarzesmarken despite it's low rating
Mar 22, 2016 8:35 PM
Jan 2014
Maledict said:
Very good episode, damn are these music scores awesome. Beatrix being the final villain was unexpected, and I'm glad that Soviet-loving bastard died.

4.5/5

Perfect, thanks, do you also happen to know what the battle theme past the 7th minute is called?

I agree with you that the music is so good in this episode. It just fits perfectly. Unfortunately I don't have that track, it seems anime-original music. :(

fimbu1vetr said:
It rly rly doesn't make sense why the Stasis and the rebels are fighting each other so hard at the current point in time. They're barely holding off the BETAs so yeah...

Sadly that is just how human is. No matter how dire the situation we are in, some people (especially those who have powers) still put their own interest on top of everything, while the one with no power will keep on suffering... (check Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse)
But I think this is one of the thing that makes Muv-Luv series good, it shows how harsh the world is instead of giving the happy turn of events that we wished for..
Mar 22, 2016 10:34 PM

Jan 2008
It's #5 this week.
Mar 23, 2016 9:00 AM
Aug 2013
planetwarrior said:
It's #5 this week.

Next Episode, I'm very bad want this SCHWARZESMARKEN be TOP 3 on this ANITREND CHART in next week . . . Amin . . .
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Mar 23, 2016 9:23 AM
Feb 2016
I don't believe Gretel dies. She survives in the light novel and I don't believe that would change that.

Last we saw, she was shot but still potentially alive. Humans are remarkably resilient. Also getting a cliffhanger before her outcome is determined only lends to credence to the idea that she is actually alive. Good story writing has unexpected outcomes after cliffhangers; seeing as the expected outcome is her dying the logical conclusion would be she lives.

Until she is in a bodybag and confirmed dead, she is alive.
Mar 23, 2016 8:25 PM

Mar 2009
Can this show please stop killing off all the waifus? :(
Mar 23, 2016 9:00 PM

Jan 2008
Who is more cunning, evil, unpredictable, manipulative, mastermind and over the top general in their series? Treize Khushrenada or Heinze Axmann?

Mar 23, 2016 11:57 PM
Sep 2010
Beatrix would be the better choice than that soviet guy. Beatrix at least care for her country sure she wants power but the other guy was willing to risk Germany for the soviet. I am glad hes dead. Looks the next battle is going to be awesome. I love that lisa was able to redeem herself by telling him where Iris was and I also like this show doesnt care about peoples waifus. Dead Waifu here, dead waifu there
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Will season 2nd be available in later?

SametTakao - Jul 30, 2023

3 by volgenauts »»
Aug 3, 2023 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.