Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 21, 2016 1:13 AM

Aug 2014
ihusmal1234 said:
The complete massacre of the imperial army was expected but still satisfying. At least they got one arrow in.

Poor Pina though. Excited for the next episode to see what Itami will do.

Until the rabbit is alive, I am not satisfied enought ... :D
go Itami go ...

htsuji said:

Tyuule silently continued to herself, "... so as to make this place completely defenceless."

At least Itami should have chance there.... come silently steal Pica and leave ... mb with no trace ... that would be impressive and maybe even rabbit will be speachless :P
ewzenMar 21, 2016 1:17 AM
<center> </center>
Mar 21, 2016 1:44 PM

Sep 2013
On rewatching, was Pina crying because of torture or not being able to read "art"????
Mar 21, 2016 6:57 PM

Aug 2008
Pina is not a particularly brave princess is she? Nor a very competent one. Puzzling how she commands such loyalty with her Knights.
Mar 21, 2016 7:15 PM

Oct 2011
They saved them but I hope Itami saves Pina
Mar 22, 2016 12:12 AM
Dec 2015
Not to compliment the prince in any light, but you gotta love the deluded confidence that he will somehow win. Next thing you know he'd probably think he would win against Warmonger Ghandi who is threatening all out nuclear war if his demands aren't met. I am simply amazed at the sheer level of ego, Ric Flair would be envious of that amount of confidence.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Mar 22, 2016 12:53 AM

Sep 2014
Man, I feel for Zolzal. He's not the brighest, but he loves his bunny slave more than anything and look at how she repays his love and special attention. I genuinely feel sad as hell for him and I really hate that trecherous bunny bitch.
Mar 22, 2016 7:21 AM

Feb 2008
Damn that spineless prince (and his mischievous advisor), even a person as dim-witted as he is ought to realise the futility of the fight he dragged his troops into. The warrior bunny ought to be pleased with the results, however... SDF's shock and awe mission was rather impressive indeed.
Mar 22, 2016 9:41 AM
Dec 2015
At some point you'd think those Imperial Soldiers would say, "Screw this, I'm not being paid enough to die for this crap.", because at some point they have to realize how hopeless the fight is.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Mar 22, 2016 7:30 PM

Apr 2015
yay... more Pina side boob
Zorzal looks like doesn't have enough experience in war, and that bunny girl can use him easily... that 3 idiots too, they are so annoying...
the battle scene looks cool too, the capital loses a lot of troops while SDF only suffers from an arrow
Pina going crazy, Itami to the rescue!!
Mar 23, 2016 2:40 AM

Dec 2012
Utter Domination from the JDSF.
Mar 23, 2016 3:00 AM

Dec 2015
An episode with almost no "fan-service" of any genre (except for military otaku). It could have been even more fun to watch if I was able to see the action as something more than a simple slaughter festival.

I bet we won't see any resolution to the political situation by the end of the last episode.
Mar 23, 2016 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
Looking forward to seeing Zolzal and Tyuule get their arses handed to them.
Mar 23, 2016 9:01 AM

Apr 2010
SoraSenpai said:
Great episode, it was nice to actually see

Oh my. My oh my. Ara ara ara~

Mar 24, 2016 7:50 AM

Sep 2014
We got to admit there were no "war" that actually transpired in this anime.

It was a massacre. Not a war.

This anime better have a season 3. Give the next season a better antagonist, one that will actually give the SDF a fight. Zolzal and his father were losers and more or less felt like background characters. Not disappointed with Tyuule though. She's sinister. I like it.

There should better be another "Empire" or "Kingdom" in that GATE World, or I'll lose it.

Another antagonist that'll give the SDF a hard time. One that will require the help of other nations. That'll be a good plot for the next season.

Now, if you give me some moe moe crap next season with all the cute stuff and peace happening, you better prepare for some low ratings.
Mar 24, 2016 6:06 PM
May 2014
JeremS said:

There should better be another "Empire" or "Kingdom" in that GATE World, or I'll lose it.

Another antagonist that'll give the SDF a hard time. One that will require the help of other nations. That'll be a good plot for the next season.

That would be extremely unlikely...
If there were such a high-tech empire in that world, the current empire wouldn't exist..or would be under their rule already.
I mean, that should be self-evident if you look at the difference in ability between SDF and this empire.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 24, 2016 9:41 PM

Nov 2015
So Zorzal is counting on Tyuule in everything... Poor piña I hope she get saved soon

Mar 25, 2016 4:22 AM

Sep 2014
konatachan80 said:
JeremS said:

That would be extremely unlikely...
If there were such a high-tech empire in that world, the current empire wouldn't exist..or would be under their rule already.
I mean, that should be self-evident if you look at the difference in ability between SDF and this empire.

Maybe perhaps another Empire across the continent that successfully integrated "magic" into their military. Or something like that. There's a realm of possibilities. There was after all the "Magic City of Rondel".
Mar 27, 2016 7:30 AM

Jul 2008
A good one-sided victory :D
Mar 27, 2016 10:26 AM

Feb 2013
Nice action this episode. I have to wonder why they didn't just drop directly on Jade palace... seemed like a long walk.
Mar 27, 2016 9:25 PM
Jan 2015
So... Am i the only one who thought the pineapple princess was being rapedd by that green pig that licks feet ,that serves the bunny bitchh?
The princess was locked in the same room as the one in which the bunny was, and the pig could enter it , ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe i just have a dirty mind
Mar 28, 2016 3:31 PM

May 2012
Damn that ending :/ poor Pina! Pretty intense episode, I really do wonder what the last episode will offer us!
Mar 30, 2016 12:16 AM

Jul 2011
Beefeater and the Colonel. I ship it.

I'm conflicted while watching the JSDF systematically mow down all these soldiers. The people of the army were reluctant fighters in the first place and now they're all being slaughtered. :/
Mar 30, 2016 9:25 PM

Mar 2015
Beefeater got a pairing lol.

Also damn... I love to see the JDSF massacring everyone easily. It's hilarious. Not to mention Zolzal's 180 degree change to a wimp. Haha.

Apr 6, 2016 9:12 PM

Oct 2011
QWERTYFish25 said:
That last scene gave me the wrong idea for a moment. Considering what the prince did to that Japanese prisoner at the start of the season I thought the Prince wasn't above having someone do that to her. Glad I was wrong.

For sure it gave of that feeling. When I saw the door and heard these strange sounds along with her words, for sure I thought she was being raped. I was really glad when they showed the other side of the door and it was just Pina alone. :D
Apr 29, 2016 1:37 AM

Mar 2012
How the hell is Pina a leader if the moment she gets imprisoned she starts crying like a little girl and calling for someone to help her? They haven't even tortured her! Other than being used as a bridge to make peace with the empire she's pretty useless tbh.
Jul 12, 2016 11:56 AM

Apr 2009
What would Itami do? This is starting to sound exactly like WWJD thing, right? O_o Well ladies and gentlemen, Itami would do it but he's late. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 27, 2016 3:01 AM

Jul 2013
Yes yes! Kill them! Kinda disappointing that their mission is only to rescue some people but Itami's coming he might bring Zolzal to justice. Speaking of which Zolzal just asked Tyuule what he should do? twice? Acting emperor asking this question to his sex slave? Man, this faggot is beta as fuk.
Sep 27, 2016 7:19 AM

Jan 2013
Whelp, seems everyone's saved but the princess.
Thank god the 2 knights made it out of that horrible situation thanks to the officer waiting.

Seems we only have 1 group willing to safe Pina, who else but Itami :D
Dec 23, 2016 1:14 AM

Dec 2012
Slaughter as expected.

Kurokawa and Kuribayashi!

BOZES!!!!!

LMAO at Kengun blushing at Beefeater.

DAT BOOFEATY!

Beefeater blush.

It hurts my heart seeing Bozes cry.

LMAO at Pina. I'm thinking she's getting raped and stuff because she's screaming, but nothings happening to her. Drama queen. Don't worry. Youji will save you.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 17, 2017 12:10 PM

Mar 2010
I expected more from Pina, I would have though her tactful brain would work to her advantage but her trust in her brother and reporting to him was a terrible thing to have done.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 27, 2017 7:21 AM
Aug 2014
Another massacre; with the military dominance of the JSDF they should have been able to extract most of the nobles without slaughtering all those soldiers

Here I though Zorzal was being manipulated, but just does everything he's told to do; disappointing.
Nov 25, 2017 10:57 AM

Sep 2012
Akamitsu said:
SoraSenpai said:
Great episode, it was nice to actually see

Oh my. My oh my. Ara ara ara~

seems commander is in to female knights XD

this scene was the win for this EP XD

Top_Sergeant said:
SoraSenpai said:

IDK about anyone else, but I def ship Beefeater and Kengun

Yeah, I'm thinking that too!

same here

-ShadowClaw- said:
SoraSenpai said:
Great episode, it was nice to actually see one of the members from the SDF actually get hurt for once. OMG that massacre at the Jade Palace...brutal. It was nice to see some of the side characters again.

Itami is pissed off though! I can;t wait for him to rescue Pina and hopefully,,,If I may take a quote from Elmer Fudd..."KILL THE RABBIT"

IDK about anyone else, but I def ship Beefeater and Kengun

I would but there is a problem...The Guys already has a wife..kids and grandkids so that ship already has sunk bottom.

hes face said it all he wants her XD
that what sometimes happens with army man they start to like some1 else cause they are apart from their family for so long & end up dumbing their wife

so i wouldn't say it has sunk bottom

SoraSenpai said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

I would but there is a problem...The Guys already has a wife..kids and grandkids so that ship already has sunk bottom.
Different world, different rules?

u have a good point to

Plice said:
You can read this all over her face....

Definitively like to see some things happen with these two....

yea & hes face was same when they were still at that mansion
Sugram22Nov 25, 2017 11:15 AM
Mar 31, 2018 1:04 AM

Mar 2016
The Empire is fucked the moment the JSDF initiate their search and rescue operation! Seeing the Zolzal's face reacting to the might of the modern military is always satisfying...

TheJSDF fought well today. Not only did they rescued all of the prisoners. In doing so, they also rain down some bullets upon those who resist. The Empire fought back well, but JSDF's advanced military plus their flawless strategy is no match!

I thought Princess Pina was being raped. I was so glad that it was not the case! (Even though she's still locked up.)
Aug 22, 2019 6:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pina needs to be saved !
next episode is last episode, I wonder what will happen
Aug 8, 2020 12:34 PM

Jul 2008
And Zorzal got completely wiped out...and the stage is set for Itami to rescue the Princess.

GO GET HER!!!
Aug 18, 2020 10:45 PM

Aug 2019
huh pretty decent episode, i was promised a massacre and i damn definitely got one. JSDF definitely swept the board with this one, seeing all those events from the assault on the empire with the para troopers and swift take over of western gate to help escaping refugees, to the attack to aid and rescue the people at the Jade palace, all very clean and fucking amazing to watch, still slightly sad that's probably the only large scale operations we'll get till the end of this season, heck maybe the only large scale military operation this season.

Mmmmh yeh i really don't like zolzal's character, not because he's a piece of shit, well kinda, but because like i swear he literally falls FLAT when it comes to being an actually antagonist and having character. Like this entire episode he made like what 1 command, shitting himself but then try to act hard in front of his slave? The rest was him fucking begging Tyuule for help. I mean would it really hurt to have him show a bit more... character? Like maybe some stuff on his past or something that makes him less of a simple minded character who practically "only wants war".

Tyuule, although all her tactics were extremely scummy and shitty, her plans of collapsing the empire on itself went so smoothly and i genuinely applaud her for how fucking scary and manipulative she is. She went from Zolzal's bitch, to literally having Zolzal ask her help and practically be her bitch. Whelp her run was a good one, but i think she's well overdue a 5.56 round to the head.

Whelp time for itami to take the spotlight again, hopefully he can save Pina before Tyuule pulls another stunt, hopefully also end her mascaraed and please, just put the poor animal called "zolzal" down, poor thing dosen't know how to do anything besides dance for it's owner.
Sep 16, 2020 1:06 PM
Mar 2018
So arrows do hurt and precious japanese blood was shed, so they have to kill at least ten million of the empirial forces in retribution or else the JSDF isn't as bad-ass as the 12-year-olds that wrote this want it to be. And the evil jerky crown-prince is a total tool that doesn't notice being played. Haven't seen that in anime ever. And ofc the most average looking soldier will be the hero in the end...
Mar 20, 2022 2:39 PM

May 2008
Nice drop, but paratroopers are most effective at night

It was good to see Shino Kuribayashi back in the thick of things. I hope she gets to beat up that balless wonder again

Humm-V's aren't that much fun to jump. but Itami is in a hurry
Dec 16, 2022 8:41 PM

Dec 2022
I don't know what's more satisfiying, watching Zozal get punched repeatedly or watching an entire Imperial Army be decimated without struggle?

Also, it's time for Itami Youji to take his turn and rescue the princess.

Dec 4, 2023 7:02 AM

Nov 2023
Dayum, was that something else!
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM

Dec 2022
It's hard to overstate how upset Boses is over Pina. Beefeater had to yank her away from that suicidal charge she was making, and she's still in hysterics all the way through to the end of the episode.

And everyone loves the ever-reliable princess carry.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

56 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

159 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.