Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 20, 2016 8:48 PM

Mar 2016
The only thing video games can really give you besides inspiration is a sense of achievement...or possibly cash if it's a real currency game.
Apr 6, 2016 5:45 PM

Apr 2016
I don't care much about trophies on PSN but i sometimes dedicate time to platinum a game of a game i enjoy as long the challenge is moderate. There are some extreme cases on which i spend countless of hours of doing the same boring thing on a game just to receive a trophy.
Apr 7, 2016 5:09 AM

Mar 2016
i always like to 100% things lol
*ponders*
Apr 7, 2016 5:34 AM

Sep 2012
If I loved the game -> I try to get 100% achievements
If I liked th game -> try to get as many achievements as possible during one playthrought while ignoring the most demanding ones
If I didn't like the game and/or the achievements are a pain in the ass to get -> I don't bother getting any of them
Apr 7, 2016 1:23 PM

Nov 2012
Honestly, it depends on the game. I usually try my hardest to get platinum trophies/max achievements for fighting games because that’s my favorite genre. For everything else, it depends on how I feel about the game. When I started The Witcher 3, I really couldn’t get into it but with time, I fell in love with the game and I couldn’t stop myself from playing. But with a game like Destiny, I don’t see myself investing the time for the platinum because I consider myself a casual player with FPS games.
Apr 7, 2016 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
Well,yeah,I might do some of the achievements,but I won't stick with those ridiculously difficult and time-consuming ones.
Apr 7, 2016 2:12 PM

May 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
Do you care about achievements in games?

Yes, it gives a sense of accomplishment
Apr 8, 2016 2:43 PM

Oct 2012
Nah, I just care about one achievement, having fun. Otherwise if I really liked one game in particular enough to play it again, then maybe I'll do some, but I don't need them to know how capable I am playing nor to prove anything to anyone.
Mar 25, 2017 5:20 PM

Jul 2013
Yes Achievements give me a sense of victory.
Mar 25, 2017 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Of course I care for achievements. But only if the game uses achievements in a good way. Not just "Kill 10000 enemies", but interesting and fun achievements. Those can extend playtime for potentially hundreds of hours of fun, but when done bad can extend it for hundreds of hours of grind.
Mar 25, 2017 6:47 PM

Jan 2013
I used to care a little bit, but lately I don't give two shits because I tend to get tunnel visioned and not enjoy the game as much.
Mar 25, 2017 7:10 PM
Nov 2016
Depends on the game. I like completing games fully but also cannot be bothered with some games.

Mar 25, 2017 8:34 PM

Feb 2015
Somewhat...

When I play some P2W games, it is good to mock those who pays... xD

That's just what I do... Even when I paid for Zeon, I still mocked those who paid, since they paid more than me...xD

Achievements in any form of game is a good way to show "competitiveness" or your "willingness" to devote your irl time to the game. So, in short I don't really care about it because in the end, I will quit the game anyway...
Mar 26, 2017 12:55 AM

Mar 2017
I never prioritize achievements, I just play for fun.

"I hate painful things. I also hate scary things. Surely, those people too... whether its pain or scary things, I think they... don't want it too."

~ Yoshino
(Date A live)
Mar 26, 2017 1:20 AM

Jul 2009
I used to not give a damn, but after the satisfaction of nabbing my first Plat, things really went downhill from there lol
Mar 29, 2017 5:30 PM

Mar 2015
If I enjoy the game then I'll at least attempt to 100% it. Aiming to have at least 80% average achievement completion rate by the end of this year (atm on 77%).
Mar 30, 2017 3:33 AM

Mar 2014
Generally no, but if I enjoyed the game and find myself continue playing after beating the game and unlocking everything I'll start going after trophies until I platinum or get bored.
Apr 2, 2017 2:43 AM

Aug 2013
generally im not, because i play games for fun only afterall but yeah sometimes i do want to get 100% achivement on my steam games when it can be completed rather easily, but generally i dont.
Apr 4, 2017 3:31 PM
Jul 2012
I'm obsessed with achievements. It keeps me coming back to a game I otherwise would have stopped playing.
Apr 5, 2017 3:59 AM

Jun 2013
I try my best to get them when they're available.

But I also enjoy playing, for example, PSOne Classics, which don't have achievements most of the time.

I just play the games I like, and achievements/trophies are just a plus.
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Apr 6, 2017 5:29 PM

Aug 2015
Sometimes. I am trying to collect all the trophies in Story of Seasons/ Trio of Towns.
Apr 6, 2017 6:05 PM

Nov 2016
Not in the slightest.
Apr 6, 2017 6:27 PM

Jan 2016
I never really try to 100% them nor do I bother to thoroughly check them, but I do like getting achievements on Steam and PS4.
Apr 6, 2017 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
I usually don't bother unless it's a game I really enjoy playing.
Apr 9, 2017 2:56 AM

Apr 2017
In general, no. They do add extra play time to a game that I have completed to go back and try to get as many of the achievements as possible.
Apr 9, 2017 3:10 AM

Aug 2013
Depends on what the achievements actually are.

If it's just feeding you an achievement after you beat every level or some plot development happens you didn't really "earn" it's pretty meaningless. If it's "kill 1000000 of these guys" that's even more meaningless.

I like achievements where you do something obscure--stray from the beaten path. Push a random rock the developers didn't expect anyone to mess with, kill an enemy in an interesting way, put a potato in your neighbors exhaust pipe, stuff like that. I get even giddier if it's something along those lines but obscure to the point that I didn't even expect what I just did to ever have been an achievement in the first place.
Apr 9, 2017 3:22 AM

Apr 2016
Onboard of Black Pearl we don't have any achievements so no not really.
Apr 9, 2017 9:32 AM

Feb 2014
I'm an achievement hunter/whore, so yes. I'll still play games that I've 100% or just play them for fun so it's not like all I do is hunt for achievements.
"So wave goodbye to the hope we were born with, and say farewell to the chance of surviving this holocaust of love, this age of lost souls, but I'm holding on with both hands and I'm never letting go."
Apr 10, 2017 1:42 AM
Jul 2018
Depends what game it is. I generally go for them but if they're not as fun to do and just feel like a grind, I pass.

I've platinumed Assassin's Creed Syndicate, a bit of it was a grind but I had too much free time and it was one of my first games on the PS4 so I was really loving the gameplay and atmosphere of the game. Another game was Uncharted 2, it was super grindy as well but I had a lot of free time.

I'm going for Persona 5 right now, I'm gonna be stuck playing this game for a really really long time so I'm pretty sure I'm platting it.
Apr 11, 2017 12:41 AM

Jun 2011
No, I think they ruin games a bit for me actually. The gamer community in general too. I prefer gaming pre-achievement times and on Nintendo devices where they don't exist. PS1 and PS2 are about my favorite systems. I think people really just enjoyed gaming to game back then... I miss that.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 18, 2017 3:53 AM
Oct 2013
I'm a pseudo-perfectionist if that makes any sense when it comes to games. I don't aim for perfect stat but I do aim for a perfect achievement, titles, accolades, items, monsters and endings especially when the game record it and award you for collecting them.
Apr 18, 2017 4:16 AM

May 2014
Nope. I think i only have 4 platinum trophies, in Sonic Generations,Danganronpa 1+2 and Persona 4 dancing all night.

I'm definitely not one of those people who buy games specifically for trophies. XD
Apr 18, 2017 4:32 AM

Feb 2015
I like collecting various stuff, so yeah I do. Sometimes I even spend way too much time to get one.
Apr 18, 2017 1:16 PM

Sep 2013
Do I care about them in a way that it is something that must be done at all costs?
No

But if I like the game enough and truly enjoy playing it, I'll spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to get them.
One man's freedom is another man's terror.
Apr 18, 2017 1:51 PM

Dec 2009
The more achievements I get in a game the more I feel the urge to actually achieve something. I get them by accident and wish I could disable them. Game achievements are a strange reward system to encourage one to play a game way past the actual potential.

Put that effort into making a good game rather than a weird grind, arduous scavenger hunt.

The corner popups make my eye twitch ever so vaguely.
My Nuts Jumble.
Apr 18, 2017 4:57 PM

Jun 2015
since I play on pc n this is like a consloe cuck thing no I dont give a shit
Apr 18, 2017 6:39 PM

Apr 2017
Unless they have an in game benefit. I couldn't care less about them.
Apr 19, 2017 12:21 PM

Sep 2016
I definitely care about achievements, however if they're too hard then I just leave it. Also I put more effort on getting achievements than trophies because I mostly only play exclusive on playstation.

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Apr 19, 2017 4:35 PM

Sep 2011
They are definitely a bonus for me, as I really do like doing them. I try to 100% all games I love, as long as they are within reasonable limits, and I already did so for quite a lot of games I own.

One of the hardest ones (for me at least) was the no-death runs of Ori and the Blind Forest, and I did that two times, since the Definitive Edition didn't keep my achievements :'D It took me at least 10 tries both times, but since it isn't a very long game when you know your way, it isn't as bad.

Other hard ones are usually things like going through a game on the highest difficulty. Not regular "highest", but games like Postal 2 which are quite sadistic with like 2 saves per day, making every single mistake count, or Bioshock: Infinite which is also pretty hard, especially when you are not allowed to buy upgrades and stuff.

I enjoy every type of achievements, like regular collecting ones but also more difficult ones like speedrunning the game, or doing a pacifist run. As long as there are achievements, I will surely try to do them. Though it might not always be on my first run, so that it won't take my attention away from the actual game.
Apr 19, 2017 5:21 PM
Mar 2017
I tend not to care about any achievements if multiplayer is required to get said achievements.
Like how I have every singleplayer achievement for the game DOOM, but have no multiplayer achievements whatsoever.
Apr 19, 2017 5:34 PM

Nov 2016
Only at my fav games otherwise i dont really care but mostly i try to get much as i can if its not takes much time
Apr 20, 2017 1:38 AM
Apr 2017
depends on the game
Apr 20, 2017 2:58 AM

Nov 2014
So DO I care about achievements? Hm...

On PSN, I kinda did (well, not really) because they actually gave you higher rank on PSN. I cant remember if the rang actually gave you something or not, like more profile picture options or something like that (It's been a long time), but if you had high number next to your profile, it was a sign for others, that you play your games thoroughly. Which is funny, because I don't usually play games thoroughly. But it was nice.

On PC, however, I use Steam to game 95% of the time, and there I label achievements to three categories:

1) automatic achievement - usually everyone gets it, no effort whatsoever needed (except playing the game maybe). Examples: start game for the first time, (Gary's Mod, Zero Gear), complete tutorial, complete level/chapter/game

2) challenge achievements - typical achievements, I don't think description is necessary. Some are easy, some are hard to get, you need to complete certain action, or do something multiple times, or just take certain approach in playing the game to earn them. Some of them are funny, some of them want you to push your limits, so you can brag. Examples: pretty much all of Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 achievements.

3) playtime extending achievements - these are achievements usually require you to do certain easy action multiple times (multiple = almost insane number of times) or search for item collection through the game world, and have no sense other than make you play the game longer (in my opinion). Examples: achievement in L4D 1 requiring you ro kill 60k+ zombies (you usually do all of your other achievements with half of that number)

That being said, Steam doesn't really reward you for earning achievements, although you have option to display individual rare achievements on your profile for everyone to see.

I cannot really decide if I care about them or not. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. While I can honestly say I don't care about gametime extending achievements, at all (or automatic achievements, or even normal achievements on most part), It's really nice to have game with only a few of them - in that case I can really enjoy earning them and feel like they are meaningful (usually Visual Novel achievements - one achievement for one girl/route).

I would say, the more achievements the game have, the less meaningful they seem to me, and the less I care about them. (^u^)
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Apr 22, 2017 5:09 PM

Jul 2016
I like collecting achievements after i have completed the game yes
Apr 23, 2017 4:50 AM
Jan 2017
-POST REMOVED BY USER-
MeguminDarknessJul 4, 2019 7:14 PM
Apr 23, 2017 6:35 PM
May 2016
I've become an Achievement/Trophy hunter. For some reason that warrants how good I am at video games in front of my peers, and because I always buy consoles late I have a burning desire to catch up.
Apr 23, 2017 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
Majority of my friends are gamers so achievements matter to all of us. However, at the end of the day we all just play because we're a group of friends wanting to spend time together and achieve something.
Apr 24, 2017 7:29 AM
Apr 2011
Yes, and no. Achievements are nice to chase after. But I play games that have and don't have achievements.
Apr 25, 2017 3:34 PM

Jan 2017
I think achievements are a fun little extra next to your game. I like to grind for some achievements to get that satisfaction of completing the whole game without missing something.
It also keeps me from quitting the game when I already beat it.

"Hey mister, I am mad scientist. It's SO COOOOOL!!! Sonovabitch" - Okabe Rintarou

Apr 26, 2017 2:03 AM

Apr 2017
Yeeeess except some like:

aslo i love funny ones. 1st Deadpool achievement was hilarious. And 2nd.
404 signature not found
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» How to revive Windows Live Messenger

weirdmusty7 - 12 hours ago

1 by Noboru »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

Nette - Apr 25

9 by RokkuDash »»
3 hours ago

» Are you using Linux???

DesuMaiden - May 2

19 by weirdmusty7 »»
Yesterday, 10:49 PM

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3550 by Simple_Y »»
Yesterday, 9:32 PM

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - May 7

29 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.