Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 13, 2016 8:52 AM

Feb 2011
Kaneki Ken, at last we meet again. We are back in business, bitches!
Forever Berserk
Mar 13, 2016 9:33 AM

Dec 2013
Kaneki vs Arima Round 2 incoming!

So Hide actually died, well that was to be expected since Root A already showed it.
Mar 13, 2016 10:11 AM

Sep 2013
Oh yes, MOFO ARIMA is here to save this manga.
Kill them all Arima, RE will not go past v 14.
Mar 13, 2016 10:14 AM

Mar 2015
Wielder said:
- Kaneki: The King of Fakes. He was imitated Tsukiyama, Rize, Yamori, Arima, Eto and now Hide. He likes imitating ghouls huh.
Looking foward to Amon showing up and making the real Kaneki "appear";

They say an imitation is inferior to the original, but before you mature you have to imitate someone else. It's how we learn. It's exciting to think of his final product when you try and combine the different Kaneki's we've seen so far~

This Arima fight is really mirroring his fight with Yamori. Just like how Yamori tortured Kaneki, forcing a confrontation. We are now in a similar position. Arima mentally tortured Kaneki ("I killed them all"). We are also at the scene of the crime, as well. I suspect before Kaneki can truly move on he has to defeat the next person who's image he took, or at least makes a good showing and escapes.
Mar 13, 2016 10:28 AM

Jul 2010
i was hoping for this to come soon, now Hinami is safe, and kaneki you better be ready for Arima.

kaneki need to release Eto, also Ayato you better be alive.

can;t wait for next chapter.
Mar 13, 2016 10:39 AM

Nov 2014
Yay finally Kaneki revealed his true colors:)))

Noooo Hide please don't be dead!

HIPSTERMOONCAT said:

You'd think the CCG would have better intel on Ayato

Yeah I had similar thoughts - it seems a bit weird, but then again the CCG has intel on a lot of ghouls. I imagine it would be difficult to remebmer all of it..
ThePinkPineappleMar 13, 2016 10:45 AM
Mar 13, 2016 10:59 AM
Mar 2016
its so nerve racking. to many key players here for kaneki and hinami to up and leave(ayato, banjo, amon, furuta, eto, arima). We're probably going to get to see some interaction between kaneki and the other people here which means hinami will likely still be here with kaneki unless he lets hinami escape with ayato. I really dont want to see any of the ghouls die(except furuta) but arima is about to fuck shit up.
Mar 13, 2016 11:12 AM
Jan 2016
While I do agree with the fact that white haired Kaneki's self proclaimed martyrdom was largely inspired by the fact that he did not want to be left alone, why is it impossible for Kaneki to have a moment of self realization that panders to a different view other than one of self hedonism?
Kaneki is a character mostly devoid of love, until his time at anteiku the only love he knew of was from his friend Hide and his skewed view of his mother. This suppression of character made up the entirety of Kanki's personality in part one. That being said this "true Kaneki" that we have been seeing in the latest up to date chapters is made up of all the experiences Kaneki lived through, not just sections of memory like his other selves.
When Kaneki was having a discussion with his inner self during his battle with Kanae, it pretty much told him be as selfish as you want, what ever that comes to. That doesn't necessarily mean Kaneki has to be a self absorbed prick. It could mean that he is happy protecting what cared about him in the first place. This goes back to this new balance of love and hatred/selfishness that the new Kaneki posses. Again he has all his memories this time, both good and bad. He isn't imitating anyone this time, he truly cares for the people he wants to protect. Seeing somebody as influence does not necessarily mean imitating. I mean Hinami and hide nearly died and died for Kaneki's sake. Why wouldn't he want to do the same for them? If anything Kaneki sees them as friends as well as an influence that touched him throughout his life.
Mar 13, 2016 12:03 PM

Nov 2011
That last panel gave me goosebumps. What a reunion, seriously.

Poor Hide. I think he is pretty much dead, going to miss the dude.
Mar 13, 2016 12:05 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The chances of Hide being alive are very little after this chapter. Damn, Kaneki did probably eat him. Also time for Hinami to come out!

5/5
Mar 13, 2016 12:09 PM

Mar 2015
V14s said:
Again he has all his memories this time, both good and bad. He isn't imitating anyone this time, he truly cares for the people he wants to protect. Seeing somebody as influence does not necessarily mean imitating. I mean Hinami and hide nearly died and died for Kaneki's sake. Why wouldn't he want to do the same for them? If anything Kaneki sees them as friends as well as an influence that touched him throughout his life.

I largely agree with what you've said, but I'm not entirely convinced that we've gotten a Kaneki that isn't a copy of someone else just yet, though I think he's getting close. We've seen signs of him progressing through an internal revelation, but considering his habit so far in changing his outward appearance to reflect his inner conflict he just hasn't reached that finish line yet. Case in point, around this time in season 1 he absorbed the mannerisms of Yamori after his torture sessions. Right now he's become the "Black Reaper", his new "role model" of strength, so to speak. He didn't HAVE to take up this persona. He could've just remained Haise Sasaki. Why would he do that? His sudden change brings him no advantage whatsoever and even made people suspicious. Yet he chose to become like Arima regardless. But, undoubtedly, Hide's influence has shaken up his habit. Depending on how this Cochlea breakout works out, we may get a resolution earlier than expected.
Mar 13, 2016 12:57 PM
Sep 2014
Hide is aliveeeee
Mar 13, 2016 1:03 PM
Jul 2014
Why the hell didn't Banjou wear a mask?

Now even the wiretapping was in Furuta's calculation. What will be the surprise element in the fight against CCG and V anymore? We can only count on the appearance of the so-called OEK, which i still have doubt about.
misunomoMar 13, 2016 4:50 PM
Mar 13, 2016 1:17 PM

May 2011
One of the greatest chapters of the Tokyo Ghoul series, not only of Re, Furuta's more fucked up than I expected, I mean, wow Furuta, you're literally emotionless, I felt so bad for Shiono, that came out of nowhere, and it's the first time I see Eto's sad face back. It's cool to know that he was aware of that hidden recorder, he just doesn't care about anyone, I'm tired of questioning his motives.

I was curious about Kaneki's plans but he's actually freeing Hinami, I don't think she's gonna get out of Cochlea safely, it's too good to be true, I think Arima's gonna off her on the way out and that's the moment when I hang myself, Papa Arima V's loyal dog is scary.

Kaneki looked scared shitless, and why was he looking for Hinami, shouldn't he already know about her location ? Like, he visited her before, right ? To bring her books, or are the prisoners of Cochlea being transferred to another cells to talk to their visitors ? I need to reread some chapters.

I don't think Hide's dead, I mean, Kaneki would never eat his best friend just because he told him to, Kaneki was screaming "I wanna save my friends" down in cochlea yet he ate his most precious friend ?! That doesn't make sense. Kaneki wanted to live just to protect those who are close to his heart, Kaneki was not even unconscious about his actions, he was 100% conscious.
Mar 13, 2016 1:32 PM
Mar 2016
As far as i can think, Kaneki is going to die real soon unless some miracle happen.
I mean Arima's squad is protecting Cochela and this good hearted kaneki seems he will not be able to kill Arima alone.
+ we got to see that he still hasnt developed his Kakuja.
i dont know what to say more than our boi ken is gonna get rapped because of his feels.
Mar 13, 2016 1:53 PM

May 2014
I really want to see some Kaneki VS Arima battle. That would be cool. And I think that now, Kaneki has a lot more of chance to fight against Arima. Maybe he can win against Arima, now. But, well, who knows, bad ending, please come. I'm a sadist. :P
Mar 13, 2016 2:05 PM

Oct 2014
RNoir said:
V14s said:
Again he has all his memories this time, both good and bad. He isn't imitating anyone this time, he truly cares for the people he wants to protect. Seeing somebody as influence does not necessarily mean imitating. I mean Hinami and hide nearly died and died for Kaneki's sake. Why wouldn't he want to do the same for them? If anything Kaneki sees them as friends as well as an influence that touched him throughout his life.

I largely agree with what you've said, but I'm not entirely convinced that we've gotten a Kaneki that isn't a copy of someone else just yet, though I think he's getting close. We've seen signs of him progressing through an internal revelation, but considering his habit so far in changing his outward appearance to reflect his inner conflict he just hasn't reached that finish line yet. Case in point, around this time in season 1 he absorbed the mannerisms of Yamori after his torture sessions. Right now he's become the "Black Reaper", his new "role model" of strength, so to speak. He didn't HAVE to take up this persona. He could've just remained Haise Sasaki. Why would he do that? His sudden change brings him no advantage whatsoever and even made people suspicious. Yet he chose to become like Arima regardless. But, undoubtedly, Hide's influence has shaken up his habit. Depending on how this Cochlea breakout works out, we may get a resolution earlier than expected.

Ken Kaneki was always Ken Kaneki, he was never one copy of someone, his world view changed because of circumstances he was in, and PTSD contributed to the change his behavior (like the thing to snap your fingers). :)

Never I saw Kaneki as a copy of Arima, always I imagined the thing "Black Reaper" because he was trained by Arima and consequently use the same fighting style, as well as its way of dealing ruthlessly with their enemies (which has existed since TG). :)

I can not say exactly if their way of dressing is because of arima, because there was a reason for him to wear glasses even before his change of behavior, and the coat from what I saw several special classes associated use.

Dude, do you see yourself in a situation where a German woman is striking his head (which probably cracked), and suddenly a flood of traumatic memories and events arises in your mind at once, and you still want him to continue with the charm of Haise Sasaki? Please.
haunter_exMar 13, 2016 2:11 PM
Mar 13, 2016 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
Tooked you long enough baka Kaneka!
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Mar 13, 2016 4:34 PM

Dec 2015
Oh man someone must be chopping onions near by as I read those last few pages.
Not buying that Hide is dead. Nope I've seen enough tv and read enough to know that if you don't see it happen and don't see a body your a fool to believe it, wouldn't surprise me if anteiku have him hidden away like with rize.
Arima has arrived to kick some ass. Wonder if he knows about sasaki opening doors... He will be heart broken lol
Mar 13, 2016 5:08 PM

Jan 2014
Kaneki's comeback is real :D
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Mar 13, 2016 5:56 PM
Feb 2016
Guys, Ghoul 33 is Hide!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jabbcHwpqfI

Summary: By researching what '33' stands for, you can understand why this information was confirmed already! It also links back to part 1 of TG!
Mar 13, 2016 6:01 PM
Sep 2013
This is one of my favorite chapters from RE.
So much raw emotion and tragic end reveal.
Im fine with Hide not returning. He was willing sacrifice himself for a friend.
Kaneki finally defining the CCG. There is no turning back now. That face at the end with Hinami. Ayato against Arima. Wonder If he will have a better chance than Shachi but the outcome will surely be the same unless someone comes.
Mar 13, 2016 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
Hinami to Kaneki:
Mar 13, 2016 7:31 PM

Oct 2011
Loved the last 2 pages, finally he shows real feelings again. Hopefully Hinami survives the escape.

And Furuta claims to have killed one of the few (or the only?) humans Eto actually liked. I say claims because he might as well have just told her that to provoke her, there is no confirmation. Though it is highly likely that he is dead since... it's Furuta we're talking about.
I wonder if Eto will react with sadness or anger. Can't leave her down there though. Kaneki has to somehow get her out there too.
Mar 13, 2016 7:44 PM

Feb 2012
Tbh I do not understand the conclusion of "Hide is dead". I was never crazy for his character, but it does not make much sense for him to be dead. First of all, Ishida usually shows clearly that a character is dead, he never makes it ambiguous. Secondly, remember how Touka took a bite of Kaneki in order to fight Shuu? It is not possible for a ghoul to eat a whole human up at once anyway, and I do not think Kaneki was out of his mind enough to mortally wound Hide since he recognised him.

Kaneki wants to die in style by saving Hinami, but I think Hide might stop him since he thinks that his life is precious. The feels will be so strong if that will be the case. Kaneki also seems to hold onto his sanity which shows how much stronger his mind has gotten. He is scared, nervous and yet he has not broken down completely... Yet.

When Furuta presented Eto with her editor's paté I screamed inside. I enjoyed the darkness of that scene but he really is a lil bitch lol. He should get an Oscar for all his innocent acting in front of CCG. I felt sorry for Eto, though. I wonder if she will get involved in this fight.
Mar 13, 2016 7:54 PM

Mar 2012
Satan-sama said:
One of the greatest chapters of the Tokyo Ghoul series, not only of Re, Furuta's more fucked up than I expected, I mean, wow Furuta, you're literally emotionless, I felt so bad for Shiono, that came out of nowhere, and it's the first time I see Eto's sad face back. It's cool to know that he was aware of that hidden recorder, he just doesn't care about anyone, I'm tired of questioning his motives.

I was curious about Kaneki's plans but he's actually freeing Hinami, I don't think she's gonna get out of Cochlea safely, it's too good to be true, I think Arima's gonna off her on the way out and that's the moment when I hang myself, Papa Arima V's loyal dog is scary.

Kaneki looked scared shitless, and why was he looking for Hinami, shouldn't he already know about her location ? Like, he visited her before, right ? To bring her books, or are the prisoners of Cochlea being transferred to another cells to talk to their visitors ? I need to reread some chapters.

I don't think Hide's dead, I mean, Kaneki would never eat his best friend just because he told him to, Kaneki was screaming "I wanna save my friends" down in cochlea yet he ate his most precious friend ?! That doesn't make sense. Kaneki wanted to live just to protect those who are close to his heart, Kaneki was not even unconscious about his actions, he was 100% conscious.

I'm not sure about this but i think ghouls in cochlea switch cells if the day of their disposal is near
Mar 13, 2016 7:55 PM

Jun 2015
...I guess we can't avoid a bloodbath at this point, right?
Mar 13, 2016 9:32 PM

Mar 2015
anArgonaut said:
Guys, Ghoul 33 is Hide!

Summary: By researching what '33' stands for, you can understand why this information was confirmed already! It also links back to part 1 of TG!

It's a fun theory, and I definitely wouldn't be upset if it turned out to be the case, but the problem I see is that we're suddenly getting crazy amounts of half-ghouls to the point of it being dull...you also have to consider that Kanou no longer has access to Rize's Kagune for her special healing properties. He hasn't for years. She was kidnapped well before Hide could have been experimented on. Of course, he might've gotten his hands on something similar, or perhaps Yoshimura's has quite a powerful healing factor of its own, though that hasn't been something we were explicitly told.
Mar 14, 2016 9:16 AM

Nov 2015
Nuvviveji said:

Kaneki is still not killing humans it seems, he's just throwing them around and disarming them.

He still has a pure heart.

Mar 14, 2016 9:45 AM

Aug 2015
Every time i see Furuta i love him a lot more, he's by far the best character in Tokyo Ghoul:re! The cochlea operation is becoming more and more interesting! By the way am i the only one that wouldn't care about Banjo and Ayato dying? Especially if they get killed by Arima, i would be happy (but i don't think they will die unfortunately for me)

-Kaneki is going blind like Arima i think, so i don't know how he will beat him.
-Hide is like 70% death, but the whole "you must show him you are worth keeping alive" thing sounds suspicious to me. I mean how did Hide know? It's higly unlikely that he got a chance to talk about this with the higher ups of CCG
Mar 14, 2016 12:03 PM

Dec 2014
MangaStream scans are out lads.
Mar 14, 2016 12:06 PM

Jan 2016
I feel a Full Kakuja Kaneki coming
Mar 14, 2016 12:43 PM

Feb 2015
Big things are happening. Kaneki's going through with the prison break; until last week I just wasn't sure what his intentions were or if he'd follow through. Next week is going to be intense.

I don't think Hide's dead. I have many reasons for thinking that, but of course I could be wrong. I *want* him to be alive, I enjoyed his friendship with Kaneki in the old days. I know there are a lot of theories about where or who Hide could be, and I don't feel too strongly one way or the other about any of them... I just don't think he's dead. I think that panel was possibly a warped/false memory, because as we know, Kaneki has been through some major mental/emotional shit.

And finally, FINALLY Kaneki has gone to save Hina. She has lingered in that cell alone, missing her friends, knowing her disposal day was near. All those times she had to give intel to Sasaki while hoping and wishing his memories would return must've been hell. Even if she dies during the escape (plz Ishida no), at least she got to see her onii-chan again. She got to see that he still cares for her. I'm glad. <3

PS: I said "oh shit" out loud when Arima appeared. Ishida made him look pretty sinister in that panel.

Mar 14, 2016 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
Some people on Wiki are very savage, just look at Shunji new profile pic XD

http://imgur.com/baWlp1N
Mar 14, 2016 2:04 PM

Sep 2014
Furuta said:

And I feel Furuta dying a horrible painful death soon, haha.
Mar 14, 2016 3:45 PM

Nov 2014
Nuvviveji said:
MangaStream scans are out lads.

MangaStream said:
T/N note: there is no pun here.

Damn, I like that jab toward the other scanlation group.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2016 4:16 PM

Apr 2014
These past few chapters have been so fucking good. God bless Ishida.
Mar 14, 2016 4:56 PM

Aug 2010
Speechless after reading this chapter.

I'm so glad that Kaneki's plan all along was to save Hinami. I just hope that Hide isn't really dead and Kaneki just believes that he is.
Mar 14, 2016 7:15 PM
Mar 2016
Kaneki wasn't prepare in the first fight with Arima, lets see how this goes against a Presumably Mixed Owl Kakuja and Centipede Kaneki.
Mar 15, 2016 2:22 AM

Jan 2016
The_Deceiver said:
Furuta said:

And I feel Furuta dying a horrible painful death soon, haha.

Ur horribly mistaken, Furuta is gonna fuck shit up
Mar 15, 2016 4:58 AM

Oct 2013
RNoir said:
anArgonaut said:
Guys, Ghoul 33 is Hide!

It's a fun theory, and I definitely wouldn't be upset if it turned out to be the case, but the problem I see is that we're suddenly getting crazy amounts of half-ghouls to the point of it being dull...you also have to consider that Kanou no longer has access to Rize's Kagune for her special healing properties. He hasn't for years. She was kidnapped well before Hide could have been experimented on. Of course, he might've gotten his hands on something similar, or perhaps Yoshimura's has quite a powerful healing factor of its own, though that hasn't been something we were explicitly told.

Can someone point me towards the beginning of this "ghoul 33" thing?
Havent been in here for ages.
Mar 15, 2016 6:01 AM

Nov 2015
FrozenRemains said:

Remember the masked ghoul that saved Ayato from Narukami?

People are speculating that he might have a major role later on or that he/she might be someone from :re.

Summary:

Pick one-

Hide is Ghoul 33
Hide is Ghoul 86
Hide is Scarecrow
Hide is Ganbon
Hide is OEK
Hide is Clown Boss
Hide is Haise
Mar 15, 2016 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
2yang said:
Kaneki wasn't prepare in the first fight with Arima, lets see how this goes against a Presumably Mixed Owl Kakuja and Centipede Kaneki.

He was scared shitless just from the thought of Arima approaching.
Mar 15, 2016 6:27 AM

Oct 2013
Agent-Phrank said:
FrozenRemains said:

Remember the masked ghoul that saved Ayato from Narukami?

People are speculating that he might have a major role later on or that he/she might be someone from :re.

Summary:

Pick one-

Hide is Ghoul 33
Hide is Ghoul 86
Hide is Scarecrow
Hide is Ganbon
Hide is OEK
Hide is Clown Boss
Hide is Haise

What i do not understand is the number,why 33 or 86,i looked up the chapter with the capsules in Kanous lab ,but that wasnt it.
I understand he will play a major role,look at his regenerative powers,shits op.
Why name him ghoul 33 though,whats the origin of that name?
Mar 15, 2016 6:32 AM

Nov 2014
ma103 said:
2yang said:

I'm not saying that Kaneki would win versus Arima, but the only reason he didn't want Arima to arrive was because he hadn't freed Hinami yet. He wants Arima to kill him this time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2016 6:48 AM

Nov 2015
FrozenRemains said:

What i do not understand is the number,why 33 or 86,i looked up the chapter with the capsules in Kanous lab ,but that wasnt it.

The numbers are presumably the order in which they joined Banjou's group.

I understand he will play a major role,look at his regenerative powers,shits op.

You'll have to keep reading to find out what role 33 and 86 will have other than Banjou's allies.

It's the number on his mask:
Mar 15, 2016 6:50 AM

Oct 2013
Agent-Phrank said:
FrozenRemains said:

The numbers are presumably the order in which they joined Banjou's group.

You'll have to keep reading to find out what role 33 and 86 will have other than Banjou's allies.

It's the number on his mask:

Woah i never noticed they have numbers on their masks.
Thanks for pointing that out.
Mar 15, 2016 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
Kvothe51 said:
ma103 said:

I'm not saying that Kaneki would win versus Arima, but the only reason he didn't want Arima to arrive was because he hadn't freed Hinami yet. He wants Arima to kill him this time.

Agree on that however I believe there are other reasons like he has no confident in facing Arima which the basis of the anxiety of not able to freed Hinami in time. If he believe he is stronger, he should know someone who is a level higher than Arima shouldn't have problem blasting out of the prison together with Hinami.

I am still a little confused about the dying part. IMO is more of die sacrificing himself in favor of others than just wanting Arima to end him and dying voluntarily.
Mar 15, 2016 10:16 AM

Dec 2014
Good chapter.
I feel like one of the recurring characters will die very soon in this arc.
Mar 15, 2016 10:43 AM

Jul 2014
Arima needs to do some cleanup... he should start with the peeps over at :re. The ghouls need to get exterminated already.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.