Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2016 8:18 PM
Oct 2015
GE comeback with feels
Sucks to be Lenka though
Mar 5, 2016 9:36 PM

Jun 2010
The Feelz waz Realzz Mehn
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 5, 2016 11:02 PM

Jan 2015
The feels of this episode.

I'll cry myself to sleep now.
If you're going through hell, just keep on going.
Mar 5, 2016 11:51 PM

Apr 2014
I am surprised she can talk so long after slitting her throat.
Mar 6, 2016 12:51 AM

Dec 2013
Well that was a perfect assault on our feels.... albeit 3 months late?

Lenka's past was tragic, but the history of Iroha and her family seems to overshadow it all. Up until losing his father and sister consecutively, you still got the feeling that he had things easy and didn't know how truly bad things were.
The shock of losing your only "father" and "sister" and then being told you weren't even related all at once must have been insane. Oh, and they timed the insert/ED song perfectly.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 6, 2016 1:30 AM

Jan 2014
Well look who decided to rear its ugly-ass head back into the surface.

Looks like someone went out of his way to photocopy AoT episode 1 and turn it into a 3-act episode. Sasuga ufotable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2016 3:03 AM

Sep 2010
Topgunnah said:
VanishingKira said:
God Eater is back and guess what it's still shit!

Luckily I'll only have to sit through 3 more episodes of this instead of another 13.

Then don't watch it...

Just ignore Guys like him.. he just wants the Attention.
You don't watch 13 Episodes of an Anime when you think it's Shit... well unless you're retarded

And look at his Ratings ^^
sibbo7Mar 6, 2016 3:11 AM
Mar 6, 2016 3:57 AM
Oct 2012
deplorable said:
White_Hawk2099 said:

Im about to watch it now

see i liked this... and they could have switched to the real world with him running and crying... but no..

you had to see her last moments being eaten while still alive, she can't even kill herself properly.

all that from a scratch... so we couldn't see any happiness in the poor guys backstory... just make him a eunuch too

And it doesn't help that everywhere there is a discussion about this someone just has to remind me of her soulless face as she is being devoured by ogretails in such a disgraceful manner
Mar 6, 2016 4:04 AM
Oct 2012
Topgunnah said:
VanishingKira said:

Luckily I'll only have to sit through 3 more episodes of this instead of another 13.

Then don't watch it...

LOL look who I found, the copy pasting is real

Mar 6, 2016 4:30 AM

Jan 2009
;__; welp, that was a feeltrain. Irohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hell yeah this was a good episode!
Mar 6, 2016 4:58 AM

Oct 2015
That's how you should continue God Eater. Great episode in comparison to the previous ones. Don't get me wrong, it has beautiful art/animation, but I always felt it was very slow paced especially towards the end, prior to the current episode. Hopefully, they continue pressing the gas pedal and don't let go. However with only 3 episodes left, it sucks that we probably won't get to dive into knowing more about other awesome characters like Souma and Sakuya.
Mar 6, 2016 5:20 AM

Dec 2010
What a brutal show.

Now I want to play the game so that I can kill some Aragami.
Mar 6, 2016 5:32 AM

Sep 2013
Milk_is_Special said:
LOL! That scene where the really hawt cute girl slices her own neck xD I laughed so fucking hard. The episode itself was still meh, like all the other episodes.

Well, imo she should have died right after she sliced her own neck, rather than being eaten by the Aragami later and dying lol
Mar 6, 2016 5:34 AM

Sep 2013
VanishingKira said:

yeah, it's good that only 3 episodes are left..that takes less test of our patience
Mar 6, 2016 6:05 AM

Aug 2008
As other said,there's this Attack on Titan vibe.

Still, a very good episode. Feel train in this episode. 5/5

So when is the next episode?
ZapredonMar 6, 2016 6:09 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 6, 2016 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
ExoticBankai said:
The animation and the decor where beautiful but they had month to do it so that's the minimum, best episode of the series so far, a lot of cliche in this flashback but it was still good.

And was it me or did she cut her throat but keep talking for like 2 minutes, that was weird haha

What the hell... *Sigh* Everyone's saying the same. Do you people don't even have the slightest knowledge about human biology? It's not throat... The word here is ARTERY. Simply use Google Images for the word and you'll see that the artery is directly connected to the heart. Cutting it means pumping blood away from the body.
Mar 6, 2016 10:41 AM

Aug 2014
Utsugi's family have passed for many troubles. The world is really cruel.. So next was when Lenka appeared in Senrir. By the way this episode was very remarkable!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 6, 2016 10:42 AM
Apr 2013
bobzanny said:

No, clearly it took some time for Lenka to reach Fenrir from when he left with Iroha and that was with a Motorcycle, imagine traveling with a full family with 1 member recovering and another member sick.
Plus the other family members would've been left outside since there was no blood relation so they would've been sol.

Imagine if Iroha(Lenka's sister) didn't get that injury from that f*cking Kongou, or if Lenka carried her all the way. (F*ck Kongous except a certain shipgirl but that's beside the point) Imagine they managed to reach Fenrir's gate. If anyone were to ask what their relationship would, they could just tell that they're a couple or husband and wife, since that technically counts as family since the DNA would not make them a match. But nope, of course they had to make way for the Lenka x Alisa shipping.

Btw, I smell fanfic potential with what I said.
Mar 6, 2016 11:04 AM

Jul 2015
J1m1s said:
mimiiria said:

Yeah because it would have been so easy to transport a dying lenka to Fenrir for days and without vehicles , also the father wanted to send him away and it was the sister that was against it....i guess you did shut down your brain after all :p
At what point did the show bother explaining anything about the terrain or where the Fenrir was located? All they showed was rubble and a short clip of Iroha and Lenka traveling, so there's no way to tell the distances of the locations. And btw they had that motorbike for traveling.
bobzanny said:

No, clearly it took some time for Lenka to reach Fenrir from when he left with Iroha and that was with a Motorcycle, imagine traveling with a full family with 1 member recovering and another member sick.
Plus the other family members would've been left outside since there was no blood relation so they would've been sol.
There was never any need for the whole family to travel at once (unless you count the "I want the whole fam to stick together forever" gab). The dad or Iroha could've just strapped Lenka to the back seat and driven to the gates of Fenrir, while the rest wait elsewhere. I don't think it you need to be a blood relative to get to the gates, right? And how do they confirm family relations in Fenrir anyway? Blood tests on the field sound like a cumbersome job (although this is sci-fi fantasy so I guess it's possible), so the family could've tried lying their way in. Nevertheless, whether the family stayed outside or got in, they could've just sent Lenka there and make a couple of sacrifices unnecessary.
Mar 6, 2016 11:07 AM

Feb 2015
This was a sad episode. His sister's fate was so damn unfair..made me shed a few tears. His family ..all dead. Iroha's vision was nice. It brought me somewhat comfort ..RIP Iroha.
Mar 6, 2016 11:17 AM

Jan 2015
mimiiria said:
J1m1s said:

Yeah because it would have been so easy to transport a dying lenka to Fenrir for days and without vehicles , also the father wanted to send him away and it was the sister that was against it....i guess you did shut down your brain after all :p
At what point did the show bother explaining anything about the terrain or where the Fenrir was located? All they showed was rubble and a short clip of Iroha and Lenka traveling, so there's no way to tell the distances of the locations. And btw they had that motorbike for traveling.
bobzanny said:

There was never any need for the whole family to travel at once (unless you count the "I want the whole fam to stick together forever" gab). The dad or Iroha could've just strapped Lenka to the back seat and driven to the gates of Fenrir, while the rest wait elsewhere. I don't think it you need to be a blood relative to get to the gates, right? And how do they confirm family relations in Fenrir anyway? Blood tests on the field sound like a cumbersome job (although this is sci-fi fantasy so I guess it's possible), so the family could've tried lying their way in. Nevertheless, whether the family stayed outside or got in, they could've just sent Lenka there and make a couple of sacrifices unnecessary.

I don't know the lore nor have played the game, but I'm pretty sure they'd do blood test because getting your friends in stating that they are family has been done in the past surely and Fenrir would hope to quell that.
And as I stated before Fenrir is probably quite some time away, Iroha can't go with Lenka because she's going to want to go back to her family, the Dad surely can't go because he has his own priorities with their group and to theoretically heal the dying wife.
It's a shit situation and your hypothesis isn't as cut and clear as you think.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 6, 2016 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
That was a great episode for coming back from the delay I'm happy they started with the flashback to Lenka's past so he get to understand a bit more about him and his mind set, so sad when his 'family' died even though it was clearly coming and the insert of the ending theme fit in beautifully. The flowery field scene with Iroha was so saddening at the end as well :( and I i loved the scene in the present with Lenka shouting out his determination.
removed-userMar 6, 2016 11:31 AM
Mar 6, 2016 11:35 AM

Feb 2015
after the long delayed........they gave us this episode. Fuck you ufotable....that is really painfull to watch y'know. She realize she love lenka before she got eaten by that thing....and then warm scene.....with warm song.....and SHIT! the scene went back to the present, the scene where aragami was eating her. they showed that scene after they showed a warm scene.....that is really painfull to me even tho i saw her death coming.

LOL when they leave their dad, Attack on Titans came in my mind "I Will Kill All Of The Titans!!!" XD

Overall, this is a great episode imo tho it was really cruel, horrible and terrifying.
Mar 6, 2016 12:32 PM

Aug 2013
And finally the anime back, and it was a good lap in my opinion, the past of Lenka was revealed and thus increasing their potential as protagonist, besides, I quite liked Iroha, even appearing in only one episode, it has proved a great character, unfortunately she will not appear again, I hope a good end to this adaptation ..
Mar 6, 2016 1:17 PM
Sep 2014
Iroha was Like Utsugi. This is Sad Scene From Me. and Iroha was die .. I Like This Plot Story 👍
I HATE MYSELF, AND I WANT TO DIE
Mar 6, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2007
GenericProtag#4524 experiences GenericTragicBackstory#5. He then decides to star in Attack on Titan. The end. Oh wait I was supposed to be sad instead of making comparison. Here here, go kill all the titans.

Good directing tho, which is pretty much only redeeming part, as always and continues to prove that this director was wasted on this thing. 2/5
AhenshihaelMar 6, 2016 1:28 PM
Mar 6, 2016 1:27 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I liked this episode.
Might be the first episode of God Eater i actually enjoyed.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 6, 2016 1:46 PM
Sep 2015
Fai said:
GenericProtag#4524 experiences GenericTragicBackstory#5. He then decides to star in Attack on Titan. The end. Oh wait I was supposed to be sad instead of making comparison. Here here, go kill all the titans.

Good directing tho, which is pretty much only redeeming part, as always and continues to prove that this director was wasted on this thing. 2/5

Says the guy with the RWBY avatar.
Mar 6, 2016 2:01 PM
Jul 2015
Interesting Visual directing in this episode from the beginning and coloring only the important part and switching to super wide for Lenka backstory,Hirao is certainly good and he story boarded this episode such a waste, I really hope he get a good project soon.
Mar 6, 2016 3:18 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
InnocentVillain said:
Completely forgot the names in that break, maybe i will need a rewatch.
Same for me. When they were choosing a name I had to use all strenght of my mind to remember it! Still I think this ep was great and in one moment animation was so smooth... Just perfect! And dem feels... Good that I'm fucking robot and killing machine so last scenes didn't affect me that much... :P
Mar 6, 2016 3:25 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
jonjoy said:
who is iroha's Seiyuu? touyama nao?
It's Ai Kakuma, same VA for Rossweisse from High School DxD or Lala from MonMusu :D
Mar 6, 2016 3:25 PM

Jan 2012
Without doubt the worst episode so far. Most cliched background story ever. Made me laugh most of the time.
Mar 6, 2016 3:41 PM

Jul 2015
bobzanny said:
mimiiria said:

I don't know the lore nor have played the game, but I'm pretty sure they'd do blood test because getting your friends in stating that they are family has been done in the past surely and Fenrir would hope to quell that.
And as I stated before Fenrir is probably quite some time away, Iroha can't go with Lenka because she's going to want to go back to her family, the Dad surely can't go because he has his own priorities with their group and to theoretically heal the dying wife.
You're free to see the situation however you want, even though even your understanding of it is as accurate as "pretty sure", "probably" and "surely". And no matter how difficult it would've been for them to take Lenka to Fenrir, the fact that they were never even shown considering or trying it makes the scene just unbelievably stupid. They just gave up and cried instantly. I can't believe someone would let their family member die off that easily, if there was an obvious chance to keep them both alive.
Mar 6, 2016 3:48 PM
Sep 2015
ecimir said:
Without doubt the worst episode so far. Most cliched background story ever. Made me laugh most of the time.

Why do most baits use the buzzword cliche?
Mar 6, 2016 3:50 PM

Jan 2015
mimiiria said:
bobzanny said:

You're free to see the situation however you want, even though even your understanding of it is as accurate as "pretty sure", "probably" and "surely". And no matter how difficult it would've been for them to take Lenka to Fenrir, the fact that they were never even shown considering or trying it makes the scene just unbelievably stupid. They just gave up and cried instantly. I can't believe someone would let their family member die off that easily, if there was an obvious chance to keep them both alive.

You call on me for saying "pretty sure" and "probably" yet you immediately say they could have obviously saved both? How exactly there was medicine for one. Getting to Fenrir was not a sure thing.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 6, 2016 5:52 PM
Jul 2007
Felt bad for the girl shedding tears and being eaten at the same time... This was better than a lot of the crap this season so far.
Mar 6, 2016 5:57 PM

Mar 2013
This could've been easily the first episode '-' .. or at least one of the first ones.

better then the average of this anime ~
iroha ;-;
Mar 6, 2016 10:16 PM

Mar 2014
This was actually a decent episode. I mean we have been waiting a long time for it, so I'm glad it was good. Hopefully the next few won't disappoint.
Mar 6, 2016 10:29 PM

Dec 2013
LOL. Nice comeback God Eater, I was thinking they would make 2 episodes for Lenka's past but nope, just one.

It was okay, Iroha is <3 and we know FINALLY who gave that compass to him. Next episode we will get to see more Alisa, so that's great ~

4/5.
Mar 7, 2016 12:17 AM

Mar 2012
mimiiria said:
bobzanny said:

Lol are you even paying attention? They had no fuel after the last salvage mission so they couldn't use the bike. I'm no saying this series is good or anything but i think you are trying too hard to find things to hate even when there aren't any.
Mar 7, 2016 5:35 AM

Mar 2009
mimiiria said:
And how do they confirm family relations in Fenrir anyway? Blood tests on the field sound like a cumbersome job (although this is sci-fi fantasy so I guess it's possible), so the family could've tried lying their way in.

Yeah, they mentioned DNA tests in the beginning of the episode. Otherwise, Lenka could have just brought his entire family with him, if they were able to reach Fenrir, that is. All that being said, it's a cruel law.

Anyway...well, damn. I have to admit that maybe it was a good idea these episodes were delayed. This had to be the best episode of God Eater yet. What a sad and cruel story. I don't even know how Lenka managed to hold onto his sanity losing his entire family like that.

Production value-wise, the episode looked great. Nice job, ufotable.
Mar 7, 2016 5:49 AM

Apr 2011
Damn feels...Damn you!

This remind me of how Aragamis are merciless and brutal. They're like betas from MuvLuv that they eat humans.

That last scene of Iroha tear me inside and it was brutal and disturbing. Makes me really hate all the Aragami and want to kill them all. Fenrir's leaders are heartless to people who have negative results.

I may have to wait for the last episodes so I can marathon it.
Mar 7, 2016 6:01 AM
Mar 2015
Magito said:
Damn feels...Damn you!

This remind me of how Aragamis are merciless and brutal. They're like betas from MuvLuv that they eat humans.

That last scene of Iroha tear me inside and it was brutal and disturbing. Makes me really hate all the Aragami and want to kill them all. Fenrir's leaders are heartless to people who have negative results.

I may have to wait for the last episodes so I can marathon it.

This ep made me understand why Lenka was like he was in the first eps and why he wants to kill the aragamis
Mar 7, 2016 6:59 AM

Apr 2008
Pleasant surprise to find out that the show is back- I had forgotten all about it.

Anyway, good comeback ep. The feels was all too real. The Iroha reverse siscon thing totally came out of nowhere for me. Also felt like a slap in the face with all the morbid and gruesome things going on, but that's just me (seriously had forgotten what this show was even about lol)

You are afraid to die, and you're afraid to live. What a way to exist.
Neale Donald Walsch

Mar 7, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
bobzanny said:
mimiiria said:

You call on me for saying "pretty sure" and "probably" yet you immediately say they could have obviously saved both? How exactly there was medicine for one. Getting to Fenrir was not a sure thing.
Didn't say they could have obviously saved both, but that there was obviously a chance. In the end, the father's attitude stopped them from even considering the option of taking Lenka to Fenrir.
J1m1s said:

Lol are you even paying attention? They had no fuel after the last salvage mission so they couldn't use the bike. I'm no saying this series is good or anything but i think you are trying too hard to find things to hate even when there aren't any.
Did they have the fuel shortage problem right when Lenka and the mother were sick, or was the shortage ongoing? Legit curious about this. I can't be bothered to rewatch the episode just to make a point, so I hope someone with more appreciation for this show can answer me.
mimiiriaMar 7, 2016 9:05 AM
Mar 7, 2016 9:28 AM

Feb 2014
It's been almost 6 months since episode 9, but God Eater finally returns with Lenka's flashback. In all honesty, I thought he was older than 15, more like 18 or 20.

Either way, Lenka's past was brutal and sad. Growing up with his foster family in a small community, with limited resources to live on, and with the high risk of running into an Aragami, must've been hell.

To add to that, losing his mother, father, and then his sister, Iroha, is really depressing. Iroha especially, despite her limited screentime, is an excellent character. Seeing her getting feasted on after muttering her love confession to Lenka as he ran for his live was hard to take.

Now if the last 3 episodes are nearly as good as this one, then the show can somewhat redeem itself from it's constant problems back in the summer season.
Mar 7, 2016 10:12 AM
Jul 2015
mimiiria said:
bobzanny said:

Didn't say they could have obviously saved both, but that there was obviously a chance. In the end, the father's attitude stopped them from even considering the option of taking Lenka to Fenrir.
J1m1s said:

Did they have the fuel shortage problem right when Lenka and the mother were sick, or was the shortage ongoing? Legit curious about this. I can't be bothered to rewatch the episode just to make a point, so I hope someone with more appreciation for this show can answer me.

They had a car and some fuel and they went to look for medicine but the Aragami attacked and they left the car behind.
Mar 7, 2016 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
Dab1za9 said:
mimiiria said:

They had a car and some fuel and they went to look for medicine but the Aragami attacked and they left the car behind.
Thanks, that solves the question.
Mar 7, 2016 10:43 AM

Oct 2008
The hell is wrong with these shows this week.
First we get a Fairy Tail emotional rollercoaster, and now this?!
Although i have almost forgotten this show.
The ending of it was just way too painful...
Mar 7, 2016 11:00 AM

Sep 2013
Drama, edge and tragedy is a sure fire way to get people interested in this disaster again.
Geezus, these aragami show up out of nowhere, almost like the director places them there ;)

"god"

You should be praying to Jesus, and real prayer not some half assed ones.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

143 by Nikmomo93 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.