Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 1, 2016 3:06 PM

Jul 2015
http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-germany-refugees-20160301-story.html

"With a one-way ticket home to Iraq in his hands and seven months' worth of frustration over intransigent German bureaucracy in his heart, Gazwan Abdulhasen Abdulla gave up on his dreams of a better life in Europe.

Homesick and eager to be back with his wife and four small children in Basra, Abdulla was giving up his refugee status as he boarded a crowded Iraqi Airways flight from Berlin's Tegel Airport to Baghdad that would whisk him and 150 other disillusioned former refugees back home in five hours.

He had scraped together his last $325 for the flight to Iraq — a small fraction of the money he had paid to smugglers last summer to get to Germany by foot, bus and boat through Turkey, Greece, the Balkans and Austria.

But now, after more than 1.1 million refugees from troubled lands such as Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan have trekked into Germany over the last 13 months, a small but growing number are heading home.

The reasons are myriad, but include overcrowded refugee centers, exasperating bureaucracy, unfamiliar German food, a lack of jobs and a spreading sense of resentment from Germans who fear their country is being overrun by Muslims.

Many refugees say they are now happy to trade a cold, heartless and lonely life in one of Europe's richest countries for the violence, insecurity and poverty back home. And they say they have realized, rather belatedly, that smugglers had sold them a pack of lies about big houses, well-paying jobs and the life of luxury they would find in Germany.

"I wanted to live in peace with my family as far away from war as possible," said Abdulla, a 37-year-old who had worked as a truck driver in Iraq. "But what I've seen in Europe is not what I dreamed about. It's not what [the smugglers] told me it would be.

"The food was terrible, so disgusting that not even animals should be fed it. They made us sleep in these cold, empty buildings and when someone said they were sick, they just ignored us. You could feel it everywhere that Germans looked down at us like we were bums. I miss my family and can't wait to get home."

Abdulla, like many of the refugees, had come to Germany on his own and figured his family could follow. But the German government, fearful that the number of refugees could increase fourfold if families were reunited, temporarily suspended the rules last year that allowed refugees to send for their family members.

Now it could take two to five years or more before their families might be allowed to move to Germany — an intolerable wait that is one of the main reasons that hundreds, perhaps thousands, of refugees are giving up on Germany every week, even as up to 3,000 arrive every day."
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Mar 1, 2016 3:10 PM

Jan 2009
Salvatia said:
And they say they have realized, rather belatedly, that smugglers had sold them a pack of lies about big houses, well-paying jobs and the life of luxury they would find in Germany.

lol if its too good to be true then high chance its a fucking lie
welp when you are poor and desperate you tend to be gullible and risk taker anyway
Mar 1, 2016 3:22 PM

Mar 2015
Well, good luck and never show your face around here anymore is all I have to say.

Greetings from good old Germany.
Mar 1, 2016 3:22 PM

Sep 2015
but he fled from certain death. how can he go back?!

Salvatia said:

Many refugees say they are now happy to trade a cold, heartless and lonely life in one of Europe's richest countries for the violence, insecurity and poverty back home.

i knew this trait of us would be handy one day

Mar 1, 2016 3:49 PM

Mar 2015
Eh, if they don't like Europe they don't like Europe.
I am all for helping refugees, but I don't think it's our job to adjust.
Mar 2, 2016 12:34 PM

Apr 2015
At least Germans don't kill people everyday unlike back home.
#CHEXIT
Mar 2, 2016 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
So much for that escaping war, no other option and safety is the only reason they undertake the journey. As everyone's been saying its all about money. The fact that Germany isn't good enough that they complain about not having 5 star food goes to show they don't give two shits about the war.
Mar 2, 2016 12:38 PM

Mar 2014
And guess whose fault that is?

Us Europoorians', obviously
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 2, 2016 1:34 PM

Jan 2011
Well I do agree that German food isn't the greatest.
Mar 2, 2016 8:01 PM

Oct 2013
good, leave. get the hell out of my country. if you are afraid to fight for your own you dont belong in any.....cowards, they flee their countries and come to ours and bring filth with them and when they arnt treated like kings and queens they bitch and moan. I am all for helping but they are no different then me, they do not deserve any special treatment. no free housing, school, jobs, ETC. they are deserving of a head start but not a paid life that I am denied as a citizen.
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

https://www.facebook.com/InappropriateOperator
Mar 2, 2016 8:14 PM

May 2015
stupid fuken Germans
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Mar 2, 2016 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
I can't wait until Trump becomes president so he can send all of those RAPEugees BACK!

#Trump2016
KalleyMar 2, 2016 8:45 PM
Mar 2, 2016 8:44 PM
Feb 2014
Kalley said:
I can't wait until Trump becomes president so he can send all of those refugees BACK!

Uhhh Trump's not running for the EU head, and our refugee system hasn't even come close to fulfilling the quota.
Mar 3, 2016 12:32 AM

Oct 2014
Its not the Germans' job to make them feel at home. That's what you get for moving to another country, it's a risk you have to take and you have to get used to yourself. I mean those refugees can't be serious when they think that by moving to a European nation, everything is all rainbows and unicorns.
Mar 3, 2016 1:29 AM

Apr 2010
They arent refugees ppl, they arent...
Mar 3, 2016 1:34 AM

Apr 2013
Glad to see that people like these are leaving the country again.
Mar 3, 2016 10:46 AM

Dec 2009
I don't think it's reasonable to complain about the food, but I can see where they're are coming from, when they say they're looked down upon.

If german's weren't so hostile and more open minded and welcoming (and I mean the people themselves and not officials who are doing everything they can to get everyone under some roof).
A friend of mine will soon work with refugees and she's the nicest person I've ever met. A shame such people are rare. people who don't look different at anyone for anything and merely help without thinking about what might or might not be.

Thinking about whether a refugee is really a refugee is one of the main problems we have. What does it even matter? We're all humans and we're all worth the same. We're not better than refugees or migrants. So stop questioning whether someone is worse off than another and just help BOTH.

It's so annoying, it's almost funny. People think too much about things they shouldn't think about too much and when they need to think, their brains won't work. Just be human. That's all one needs to be.
Mar 3, 2016 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
"Hey! Welcome to Germany, we treat you like one of us and we offer you our 5 star food, houses and other luxury!"

Reality: "Fuck off"
Mar 3, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2012
Isa__ said:
I don't think it's reasonable to complain about the food, but I can see where they're are coming from, when they say they're looked down upon.

If german's weren't so hostile and more open minded and welcoming (and I mean the people themselves and not officials who are doing everything they can to get everyone under some roof).
A friend of mine will soon work with refugees and she's the nicest person I've ever met. A shame such people are rare. people who don't look different at anyone for anything and merely help without thinking about what might or might not be.

Thinking about whether a refugee is really a refugee is one of the main problems we have. What does it even matter? We're all humans and we're all worth the same. We're not better than refugees or migrants. So stop questioning whether someone is worse off than another and just help BOTH.

It's so annoying, it's almost funny. People think too much about things they shouldn't think about too much and when they need to think, their brains won't work. Just be human. That's all one needs to be.

Yeah, i know a lot of women that joined organisations to help refugees.
Around 70% of them have already quit due to rampant sexual molestation. Good luck to your friend, she will need it.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Mar 3, 2016 11:28 AM

Jul 2015
Spooks said:
So much for that escaping war, no other option and safety is the only reason they undertake the journey. As everyone's been saying its all about money. The fact that Germany isn't good enough that they complain about not having 5 star food goes to show they don't give two shits about the war.

yeah, some obviously don't. I remember that irakii "refugee" who looked like an overweight weeb and who was complaining about petty shit. That guy obviously didn't flee from a war zone, he just wanted to play LoL 24/7.
Mar 3, 2016 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
Aeonenleben said:

Yeah, i know a lot of women that joined organisations to help refugees.
Around 70% of them have already quit due to rampant sexual molestation. Good luck to your friend, she will need it.

Assuming a large group of people are innocent is a pit fall a lot of bleeding heart types fall into. Sometimes even when its not PC common sense should tell you by looking at the numbers of sexual assaults that this group of people does contain a huge amount of people willing to molest and assault.

This isn't Disney and people should realize that assuming the best in everyone gets you in danger like that girl who was stabbed. All these people are not wide eye'd innocents just looking for a chance. Most a grown men, violent men.
Mar 3, 2016 11:46 AM
Mar 2013
Well at least they are leaving instead of staying and complaining about it
Mar 3, 2016 12:15 PM

Nov 2009
Spooks said:
Assuming a large group of people are innocent is a pit fall a lot of bleeding heart types fall into. Sometimes even when its not PC common sense should tell you by looking at the numbers of sexual assaults that this group of people does contain a huge amount of people willing to molest and assault.
So essentially you are a feminazi then right? Fuck due process, #AllMenAreRapists and whatnot? Ugh, I hate people who throw central tenants of Western Society to the wayside when it is convenient for them.
Mar 3, 2016 12:37 PM

Mar 2012
Salvatia said:
And they say they have realized, rather belatedly, that smugglers had sold them a pack of lies about big houses, well-paying jobs and the life of luxury they would find in Germany.

In who can we trust when even people dealing in illegal activities lie?
Mar 3, 2016 6:17 PM

Feb 2016
If I was fleeing a war torn nation I'd be incredibly grateful and humble. My focus would be on rebuilding my life and not different cultural food.
Mar 3, 2016 6:33 PM

Jan 2014
I can't believe smugglers of all people lied! Where is the decency, the humanity?!?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 3, 2016 6:40 PM

Nov 2009
SaturdayKrush said:
If I was fleeing a war torn nation I'd be incredibly grateful and humble. My focus would be on rebuilding my life and not different cultural food.
Think the point here is that they weren't fleeing a "war torn nation", they were just trying to pass off as fleeing a war torn nation (i.e. Syria) for more work opportunities (which surprise surprise, their wasn't any)
Mar 3, 2016 8:57 PM

Mar 2008
*shrugs* They feel lonely and aliened I guess. Different people have different needs. The people leaving likely were not in immediate danger but felt bothered by things going on close by then left but could not put up with not feeling welcome or being separated from their family. The food thing was pretty dumb though. Yes some of them are just taking advantage of events going on but that does not mean all of them are like so many of you believe. It's not as simple as any of you try to make it out to be. At least some of those who left will probably go join ISIS now from their grown distrust and possibly hatred for the west. Congrats you got rid of some the immigrants and will pay for it at the cost of your lives later.
Mar 3, 2016 9:00 PM

Sep 2009
Culture shock? Well, if they can't take it, then good riddance. I love Germany.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Mar 3, 2016 9:12 PM

Jul 2014
Salvatia said:

"You could feel it everywhere that Germans looked down at us like we were bums"
Technically they kinda are
Mar 4, 2016 8:03 AM

Jan 2015
Interestingly enough Eastern European immigrants in Germany (Poles, Romanians, Slovaks, Hungarians, etc.) are just fine and content with their 10x higher payment and clean streets in Germany. The Turks don't complain that much either. I wonder what's wrong with the refugees? Hmmmm....HMMMMMM....It must be those racist nazi Germans again.
Mar 4, 2016 9:23 AM

Jan 2009
Homuranagi said:
Interestingly enough Eastern European immigrants in Germany (Poles, Romanians, Slovaks, Hungarians, etc.) are just fine and content with their 10x higher payment and clean streets in Germany. The Turks don't complain that much either. I wonder what's wrong with the refugees? Hmmmm....HMMMMMM....It must be those racist nazi Germans again.
That's because those are People, who come over here for Work and legally apply for it without faked Documents and without having accidentally lost their ID's.
Besides, the "Refugees" can't work right away, because there are Protection Measures, so Natives and EU Citizens are prioritized when there are free Positions to fill.

I don't like it when the Nazi Card is being played to make People put up with the Goody-two Shoes Politicians. Let me state the following as a German in Germany:

Germany cannot take whole Peoples/Nations in!
We cannot accept People in that Numbers who can't speak our Language (and don't even attempt to, despite all these Arabic-German Books and Pamphlets!) or at least English and don't respect our Rules.
We are not the Promised Land. There is no Milk and Sugar flowing here and our Streets aren't made of Gold, regardless of what you might have heard.
We cannot fix all the Problems of their Countries by simply letting everyone in our! This is also in Regard to the upcoming Wave of People fleeing from the Causes of Resource Scarcity (Water) or from the Economies (once the financial Reserves of the Oil Countries are exhausted).

To be fair on the other Hand, the Experience would have been much less negative if there hadn't been that many at once and if there hadn't been that many Abusers. Personally, I hold our Government and Authorities fully responsible for the Mess, since they had decided to just let People in without checking and providing proper Capacities first. Also, they should have checked the People more thoroughly as to not waste any Money on People, who think that they have come to Paradise where they can molest Women and young Girls, and even get away with it.
NoboruMar 4, 2016 9:32 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.