Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 26, 2016 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh the transition for this episode felt weird. I didn't mind the way it was done as it focused more on the main plot and conflict involving Arthur, Loki, etc. Speaking of which, Loki's alliance with the Geniuses of Divine seemed like a clever move on his side.

Loki is still such a trick pony in this series, never knowing what he'll do next. I think this episode builds up somewhat well for the next episode though. And somehow, music improved.

Stark700Feb 26, 2016 6:56 AM
Feb 26, 2016 7:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Watching the first half of this episode made me feel like I missed another episode all together but alas like with last week, shit is getting realer

Either way it was pretty interesting to see this Santa guy in action as well as to see all of those reveals about Akane's dad, Loki and Oz etc.

Ginji needs to get the shit beaten out of him for being so stupid though
Feb 26, 2016 7:13 AM

Jan 2012
Tokoya said:
Watching the first half of this episode made me feel like I missed another episode all together but alas like with last week, shit is getting realer

As I said before half the time this show is an incomprehensible mess. Stuff happens just cause. If you want explanations or a well flowing narrative the show says too bad.

Well Santa not being the actual Santa was a letdown, ditto purple girl turning traitor, she was cute. :(

Only good stuff was Akane's dad being alive and Elena/Dorothy seeing that image of Midori. Seeing them reunite's pretty much all I care about in this.
Feb 26, 2016 7:32 AM

May 2014
Santa isnt really Santa
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 26, 2016 7:44 AM

Jul 2009
So I guess that pigtailed girl was Midori's friend.

*Sigh* this show is so dumb.
Feb 26, 2016 7:54 AM

Jan 2012
Inugirlz said:

It is, but that was revealed way back during her intro episode. I even pointed it out in that episode's thread at the time.
Feb 26, 2016 8:02 AM
May 2015
Seriously WTH? -___- Everything is changed even for Hikari and Yukari, the Queen of Celestia and the Queen of Hellistia...joining anime Ginji as jerks against their friends...

Shakespeare starts her plays and creates Macbeth(Demon), Othello(Machine),Hamlet(Fairy),Juliet(Dragon) and Romeo(Beast)....
Feb 26, 2016 8:33 AM

Sep 2015
Oooh it was ... unexpected ... A new character ! It's Shakespeare ! wwwwwww
And again, flashbacks
Feb 26, 2016 8:57 AM

Jul 2015
Imagine going to the library and finding a book with all of the pages rearranged at random. This is probably it lol
Feb 26, 2016 9:37 AM

Apr 2015
I didn't really understand why Ginji and co. decided to side with Loki over Santa. Did they not believe that Loki was evil and caused most of the horrible things they've witnessed?
Feb 26, 2016 10:23 AM

May 2010
Give me a fucking break... i am done with this trash show!
Feb 26, 2016 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
Santa is so badass.
Feb 26, 2016 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
wow the suspense,the mystery and the feels

this anime has it all

10/10 ep
Feb 26, 2016 2:31 PM

Jul 2009
animefan8800 said:
Inugirlz said:

It is, but that was revealed way back during her intro episode. I even pointed it out in that episode's thread at the time.

Yeah I remember someone pointing that out (guess it was you?) but he hair colour or something was off so I wasn't sure myself.
Feb 26, 2016 3:11 PM

Jul 2015
So, I basically gave up on trying to comprehend everything. So I'm giving up on properly discussing the anime too. Therefore, I will now say irrelevant, yet relevant, stuff.

Santa doesn't give any presents children. Why, Santa? Why?

Loki, carnival is over already, you're late, take off mask pls /5

Feb 26, 2016 3:17 PM

Jun 2013
i don't even follow what's going on anymore
Feb 26, 2016 3:52 PM

Aug 2015
Better than last week's episode. lol
Feb 26, 2016 5:05 PM

Jun 2015
i was worried about the direction the show was going in after last episode but after this episode it seems that fear is gone. I liked the reveals in this episode and the plot is really making a lot more sense
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Feb 26, 2016 6:11 PM

Apr 2015
Liked the OST this episode. Still feeling a little lost in the story, but it was good seeing Loki establish himself as the mastermind a bit more with his actions.
Feb 26, 2016 6:29 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Every time I watch this anime, I feel so lost.

2/5
Feb 26, 2016 7:39 PM

Feb 2016
It's okay but still I'm confused as hell
Feb 26, 2016 8:41 PM

Oct 2011
OMG GINJI GRRRRRRRRR
Feb 27, 2016 3:36 AM

Dec 2014
Meh, We have a Shakespeare now apparently and even a World Council u.u

Ginji and co made a stupid decision, Don't even know he came to the conclusion that Santa was a bad guy even after he saved them.

Arthur's fallen into depravity and the pasts of the main trio are all either linked or have some secret in them. Didn't really care for anything else, Actually I don't even care for what I mentioned.

Feel like I watch this show each week just to bash on it xD
Feb 27, 2016 6:34 AM

May 2015
Err, guess it was a little bit better than last episode? Maybe just an ok episode?

Feb 27, 2016 7:13 AM

Dec 2014
The transition was good and all. let see where they turn to next. I think that was disturbing… The red hatred father is alive… Elana , who was missing is serving gods and still nothing makes sense
Feb 27, 2016 7:20 AM

Jul 2013
Ginji is a complete moron. I mean, he distrust of Santa, who saves his life and rescue him, and trusts instead in Loki, who looks clearly evil. Great move (sarcasm).

Santa is cool. Btw, they turned Shakespeare into a fucking loli... I don't know if laugh or cry.
Feb 27, 2016 8:16 AM

Aug 2014
Ginji is an idiot, I feel bad for poor Santa who goes through so much trouble but didn't get a thanks in the end <.<
Feb 27, 2016 8:30 AM

Jun 2015
They really made a mess of it. This episode was [relatively] good as compared to the last one. Somewhat enjoyable. A good build up episode too.

Don't like how they are trying to make Arthur a good guy. Even after being warned he went and took the sword and killed his comrade. Some king he is~

So Loki is the final villan. :?

They said it themselves:
Feb 27, 2016 9:09 AM
Apr 2015
If there is one thing i get from this show, it's that everyone is stupid... even the narrator.
Feb 27, 2016 12:59 PM

Nov 2015
Ginji trusted Loki but not Santa...

Feb 27, 2016 2:49 PM

Jan 2016
Well...that was a lot better than the last episode...
Santa kind of saves this serie right now,but it's still very bad.
Feb 27, 2016 4:33 PM

Dec 2012
They're going back to the Gate lmao

Another day, another boring ass episode lol
Feb 27, 2016 7:02 PM

Dec 2012
Ginji is a massive prick!
Feb 27, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2015
Really confused.
If you're going through hell, just keep on going.
Feb 27, 2016 10:56 PM

May 2014
Santa is awsome, not what you thought he would be
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 27, 2016 11:13 PM
Jan 2016
So confusing..every episode new character appear without any intro and have some kind of werid power.
Feb 27, 2016 11:20 PM

Apr 2011
aww guess the team split between "Gate" and "Council"
damn that loli Shakespeare though. OP power that seems to make people follow w/e is written
Feb 28, 2016 5:37 AM

May 2014
What's with this character lineup. Shakespeare now? Lol
Feb 28, 2016 7:48 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Confusion everywhere. Ginji seems to have betrayed the main trio, but why?
Feb 28, 2016 4:14 PM

Jul 2012
Bishounen Santa appeared. YAY! No reindeers tough? :( Just joking...
I'm still kinda lost, but I will continue watching 'cause I really want to know the ending of this mess lol
Gimme more Dorothy and Oz!
Gimme an Alice in Wonderland inspired character D:

I liked loli Shakespeare, so cute.

Feb 28, 2016 7:15 PM

Jul 2014
God this show is so retarded. it like the Writers of divine Gate and Bubuki are trying to out-retard each other
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Mar 1, 2016 2:47 AM

Oct 2015
I put of watching this episode for 3 days. I think that says something.
But this was actually a pretty good episode. I enjoyed it more than any other episode so far and it seems like the plot is moving forward as well also. Though there is a lot of "wtf is going on, this is random," moments still. Like at the end.

Maybe it'll improve a bit next ep.
The only thing I really like about this is the opening song.
Mar 1, 2016 7:39 AM
Oct 2015
Seriously,this anime has like everything to be a decent anime but its just get even wrong throughout the episodes. It has a good op and end,the animation is quite poor but quite interesting in a way it uses standard mono color to represent smth,like red for fire,green for wind.The first episode attracted me when they start to fight in the train,it was awesome but along the series is just getting more confused and bored. Even though the narrator part is unique ,but because of a lot of blur image it formed making me bored along it. I was wondering why not focus on aoto who has special ability,he can control water even w/o equipment,why not focus on the team cooperation or skills,rather than sticking on so called 'divine gate' which give me no idea what it is about and how strong it is. Why not giving explanation about the 3 sensei or the other 3 friend or even knight of round. Maybe of rushing or any reason,if it continue the confusing and expected plot,it really disappointed me as i have high hope for this anime in this season.
Mar 2, 2016 7:46 PM

Jul 2009
... What the heck is this episode ... *sigh* So Santa came in and saved them, Arthur is under Loki's control and that's the part I'm interested in, him and his "Geniuses" and that girl Shakespeare ... but blah, we get Ginti telling Loki and the Council where everyone is hiding out. I like Loki, but I don't really get what's going on ... especially at the end with them escaping. I guess Santa's pretty strong huh? Well anyway, Shakespeare's doing SOMETHING by writing that play, so I guess we just have to wait and see where it goes ...
Mar 3, 2016 10:10 AM

Nov 2015
Hijazi said:
They really made a mess of it.

They said it themselves:
frenze12 said:
If there is one thing i get from this show, it's that everyone is stupid... even the narrator.
abyss333 said:
God this show is so retarded. it like the Writers of divine Gate and Bubuki are trying to out-retard each other
animefan8800 said:
As I said before half the time this show is an incomprehensible mess. Stuff happens just cause. If you want explanations or a well flowing narrative the show says too bad.
Axelucard said:
i don't even follow what's going on anymore
I must agree with you folks.
This anime is a mess. There is so much going on but nothing is ever explained, elaborated or expanded. Things just happen, all over the place. People appear and disappear. Many things are left unresolved, unvisited, unexplored, unexplained or forgotten. Probably due to the 12 ep. time limit.

I don't even care about any characters frankly because of: 1, the way the narrative gives us no time, space or reason to develop any interest in them and 2, them being boring anyway.

What's with the weird narrator randomly dropping strange comments every now and then? An attempt at making this show "deep" and "philosophical"? Cuz its not working on me.

The world, characters and story feels like somebody tryed to compress a one million page epos in to a dozen page booklet.

Initially this show looked like it might be interesting but gradually it became a total mess. There was a lot of opportunity, the world, the characters, the weird ass magic it has potential but alas they failed to capitalize on it. It all feels so damn rushed. Perhaps as manga or light novel, having more space to develop, the story would have done better.

I will keep watching to the end out of curiosity just how much of a mess this will become. Expecting a contrived asspull ending.
Mar 3, 2016 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
Eh, this anime is such a waste, really! I've kind of held off on watching the next episode because of how sucky episode 7 was.

I decided that instead of watching it one episode at a time as I have been doing I'll just finish it all when it's completed. That is, if the reviews aren't too harsh.

I was actually really enjoying this anime up until episode 7 when it finally hit me. This anime is obviously going to be about 12 episodes, and they haven't explained anything sufficiently.

Like, where did the Gate come from? Why are only certain people given the power?

What the heck is The Zone, and how does it work? Why is it so hard to get to the Gate when Arthur and co. freaking WALKED there? How are the worlds connected?

Are the relationships between worlds cordial, friendly, or hostile? Do the people in the different worlds also seek the Gate?

Who are their mentors (you know Undine and the other two...who I forgot their names) and what do they have to do with everything? What are those human/animal people who appeared in episode 6, and what do they have to do with ANYTHING?

Also, why Aoto and his brother share the same name, and why is his brother so crazy?

Just to name a few questions that will probably NEVER be answered at this point...or they may surprise me. Who knows.
Mar 4, 2016 8:05 AM

Sep 2011
Don't forget that cyborg girl that Aoto got "friends" with. We never heard about her again after they took their souvenir photo. Maybe it was really just that. But I think even with this photo, he will still forget her and probably already did.
Mar 5, 2016 5:41 PM

Oct 2008
What a clever villain Loki is!
2/5.

Mar 6, 2016 7:34 AM
Mar 2012
Better episode, because Undine saves the show (needs more screentime still). Twintail blonde was doing hair helicopter lol.
Interesting reveals, Shakespeare etc. Could follow the plot until she wrote a random plot, and the kids disappears. What? Shakespear has god powers? Seems like what she wrote meant adding faults onto gods to make them closer to men??
Oz so funny cracks me up, but probably voicing the wrong show for the wrong character.
Mar 6, 2016 8:50 AM
Apr 2014
what the fuck is wrong with this show. Why is everybody saying thing and then a few minutes does exactly the opposite. yea I'm talking about the guy who said he won't betray them and the next day led Loki to their hideout.

I could accept it one or two times but at this point it feels like it doesn't matter what people say. They won't keep it anyway.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Divine Gate Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

140 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 29, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Divine Gate Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

50 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 28, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Divine Gate Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2016

134 by Jonas-K »»
Mar 27, 2:50 PM

» End of Franchise

klakson188 - Nov 24, 2021

6 by HikarieChan »»
Dec 20, 2023 10:11 AM

» Didn't hate nor did I really like it

lola_ - Oct 21, 2021

3 by Br3dWinn3rs »»
Jul 1, 2022 10:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.