Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 13, 2016 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow really nice to see that bird Kokopo getting some screen time now.

Eh this episode felt kinda weird with the sea adventure. I kinda like it in a way with the humor but also feels like the buildup for the war lacks a thrilling feeling. Lol, the BL references. Atui's father is also a funny guy, no doubt that he cares a LOT about his daughter lol. I think his misunderstanding about Haku and Atui's relationship is priceless.

Stark700Feb 13, 2016 9:36 AM
Feb 13, 2016 9:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Atui's father is one funny guy lol

The journey to Tuskuru and their arrival was pretty fun but after that little war council, it seems like the fun is going to die down

I'm pro Tuskuru so I want Yamato to lose but now that Haku will be coming up with a strategy I'm a little concerned....I feel bad for Munechika as well

But no matter.....Best tactician Benawi is coming to fuck shit up and I can't wait
Feb 13, 2016 10:11 AM
May 2010
I don't remember Atui's papa being so kimoi in the game...

Anime originality wow, I don't remember the game doing anything like that.

This is kinda sad... well it can't be helped the episode was still fun though.
Atleast Benawi and/or Kurou next ep... they cut so much awesome from the game >_>
Not like it has to follow the game to the letter, lol.
ArtemisOrionFeb 13, 2016 10:32 AM
Feb 13, 2016 10:13 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder if Hakuoro's gonna whip their asses!
Mankind’s greatest fear is Mankind itself.
Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

REAL LIFE Anime videos on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof9ppdHcniLAS_pFoRkqfw
Feb 13, 2016 10:16 AM

Jan 2016
I'm I the only pro Haku watching this ?
Feb 13, 2016 10:18 AM
Jul 2012
I like both sides but I prefer Tuskuru any day.
Feb 13, 2016 10:19 AM

Aug 2008
Still rooting for Tuskuru. Benawi in action. Miss that guy. If only Touka and Karura will be back in action.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 13, 2016 10:29 AM
Jul 2015
Zapredon said:
Still rooting for Tuskuru. Benawi in action. Miss that guy. If only Touka and Karura will be back in action.
Too bad they're stuck spying from an inn lolz. At least we to see some Benawi and Kurou fight.
Feb 13, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2010
Atui's dad is so fun. I want to rub her face like that D: Her moans were so cute <3

Poor Mukkuru being sad having to trick Kokopo.

The amount of trust Oshutoru and now Munechika have for Haku is kinda insane tbh. He's proved he's good but I haven't seen him do enough to earn THAT MUCH.

@Lennevalkyrie can u mention some examples on what they skipped plz :3
Feb 13, 2016 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
Atui's dad is a funny guy.
Feb 13, 2016 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
that indeed is a national secret.
Feb 13, 2016 11:13 AM
May 2010
@Barion-Zara IIRC there was supposed to be a battle when they're traversing the cliffs but in
the anime Aruru derails Kokopo, its not that bad but still kinda sad they remove so many battles in the anime as they also skipped going to the ruins.
Feb 13, 2016 11:16 AM

Aug 2015
Pretty enjoyable episode. Atui's dad chasing Haku around was funny. Looking forward to next episode.
Feb 13, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2007
Another great episode. Its nice to see how much Haku changed and clear up Kuon's motivations to those who were confused last week.

Haku at the start of the show would have never went this far for someone else. And now he is actually taking responsibility and helping people he met. Neither Kuon nor Haku like the concept of war, which is all the more reason for them to try to end it with as less lives lost as possible.
The changes also allow us to see more of UTWR1 cast which is great for me. They also help to showcase Aruru's maturity that was not as clear to the people when she first appeared and confirms that indeed while she acts childishly around long time no seen family members, when things get serious she acts like an actual mature person.
AhenshihaelFeb 13, 2016 11:29 AM
Feb 13, 2016 11:31 AM

Sep 2014
I'm always impressed with the writers' ability to shoehorn in BL jokes every episode.
Feb 13, 2016 11:38 AM

Jul 2015
Really fun episode. Specially the parts with Atui's dad. Nice to see Aruuruu again. Looking forward to next episode
Feb 13, 2016 12:09 PM

May 2015
I swear, Atui's father is one funny guy, lol. Not much happened, but still enjoyed this episode. But yea, looks like they're at a disadvantage right now. Hopefully we get the action starting next episode.
ReverberateFeb 13, 2016 12:13 PM

Feb 13, 2016 12:35 PM
Feb 2013
How does it make sense to expect Haku to alter the flow of the war. He has what? two battles worth of experiences. I know he is the hero, but they are not supposed to know that.
Feb 13, 2016 12:35 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Things are starting to pick up. I wonder is Haku will tell Kuon about what he found out about the Emperor and about himself.

4/5
Feb 13, 2016 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
Next episode Benawi will kick some ass
Feb 13, 2016 12:50 PM

Jul 2007
Whyktor said:
How does it make sense to expect Haku to alter the flow of the war. He has what? two battles worth of experiences. I know he is the hero, but they are not supposed to know that.

Haku has the tendency to provide unlikely solutions to situations as we have already seen. Oshutoru expects Haku's team to give rise to the army's morale and for Haku's unusual thinking to be able to provide a perspective a trainer soldier can't.
Feb 13, 2016 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
God, you'd think if the emperor was serious he wouldn't have dekoponpo be in the invading forces, that's just asking to lose.

I really don't know why but I kinda want this seasons cast to beat last seasons cast ( though I still want yamato as a whole to lose since Tsukuru has done nothing wrong)
Feb 13, 2016 2:03 PM

Jun 2010
Hmm more mediocrity.

The only thing that got me hyped this episode was when Kuon said Tuskuru would rek Yamato if they went toe-to-toe.

Now that I need to see.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 13, 2016 2:10 PM

Dec 2013
I give up trying to find positive aspects in this series. It just doesn't work as a story, I don't know what exactly is this.
Feb 13, 2016 2:46 PM

Aug 2009
Eyepatch_Ghoul said:
I'm always impressed with the writers' ability to shoehorn in BL jokes every episode.

For real those outfits were gross, I dislike seeing women objectified, why the fuck do you think I want to see the same for men?

I wonder if Ruruite can go one episode without saying some arbitrary shit is kawaii. Probably won't happen, but I really want to see Tsukeru crush these fools.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 13, 2016 3:35 PM

Jul 2009
They're all scum. Haku you let me down, truly. And wow Oshutoru, u went from simply asking him to deliver supplies to fully participating by being their tactician.

Kiuru needs to find a better love interest. Nekone is shit.

Kuon is...ugh get off the screen.

YAY FOR MUKURU, ARRURU AND KAMUI!

Kokopo was so cute. She just wanted to meet her tiger friend.

Yes, getting some Benawi next episode! Tuskuru please rekk them all.
InugirlzFeb 13, 2016 3:39 PM
Feb 13, 2016 3:39 PM

Jan 2012
This whole situation's still terrible, so I'ma just mention little good things like how Atui's tits are bigger and more beautiful than I remembered. Plus the giant pigeon/tiger chase was cute.
Feb 13, 2016 6:02 PM

Jun 2013
What a funny with Bird loves Tiger.
Karura and Tohka are still in Yamato. I wonder why they don't return Tuskuru to help the battle.
Feb 13, 2016 6:39 PM

Oct 2012
Thats one crazy bird
Feb 13, 2016 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
richard360 said:
Hmm more mediocrity.

The only thing that got me hyped this episode was when Kuon said Tuskuru would rek Yamato if they went toe-to-toe.

Now that I need to see.

In the Preview Benawi will get screen time in the next episode. Yeah, I'am Pro Tuskuru by the way.
Feb 13, 2016 10:01 PM

Dec 2014
I hope there is no al out was and thereis peace between tsukuru and Yamato
Feb 14, 2016 12:37 AM

Jul 2014
Another utterly disappointing episode. No surprises there, given this series' seeming determination to be terrible as often as humanely possible. I really hope that Tusukuru wrecks Yamato in the war by killing all of them. Also, inb4 Benawi gets completely nerfed for the sake of this shitty "plot" next week.
Feb 14, 2016 12:41 AM

Jan 2011
Whyktor said:
Cause anime. It seems to always overinflate the true importance of the MC. A kid stealing a $10,000,000 mecha and still being able to pilot in a desperate war? Sure. A princess falling in love with an idiot in two episodes? Mmmkay. Lowest ranking person in the military telling the 5 star general to follow and "trust" him? Duh. An obnoxious rookie killing top tier opponents after two months, why not? Much as I like anime this shit is raping and killing story-lines left and right. Why can't he be a spectator? Or a supporter if he's not ten years into the game? Why does he always have to be special? What does he needs six girls swooning over him while he maintains this constant illusion of obliviousness and chivalry? Even in ecchi anime they do this nonsense, but they go full-blown misogynistic in hentai. Grab her ass, run your fingers through her hair, rip off his trousers, smack her a few times, strangle her. Ahem, as I was saying the MC doesn't need to always be the hero, he's meant to be a center point of reference in exploring the story written, not so much the viewers persona but more so a humane catalyst or variable. While I generally like Haku's honesty they writers put way too much on the man's plate. main character doesn't always equate the hinge of a story, perhaps a nail or even a doorknob. He can be a simple man, even with his connection to the emperor he can still be the one who discovers the world his brother "created". But no, the MC has to get the girl, he has to save the day, he has to be the one everyone relies on, no matter how limited he is.

LoneWolf said:
Eyepatch_Ghoul said:
For real those outfits were gross, I dislike seeing women objectified, why the fuck do you think I want to see the same for men? I wonder if Ruruite can go one episode without saying some arbitrary shit is kawaii. .
In all seriousness I can't really fathom the emphasis on the outfits and hairstyles, lately they empower me to turn away from the character's personality and ploy. Not to say I can't hold a decent conversation with an attractive woman, but the sheer mis-focus that plagues anime over the last ten years in that regard is really bothersome. I haven't seen the original since maybe about 2008 but I really don't remember such an emphasis on both the sheer mediocrity of the main character and the gross vapidity of his companions being so blatant. It's as if they did an alternate retelling of this series to format everything that bogs down decent stores in recent years. Everything from the incredible weak-willed protagonist, the over-vigilant harems, and the Genki/moe characters. If I ever made a show It wouldn't be loaded with useless bikini armor or convoluted costumes. This series gets a pass considering the period of time it's similar to. But the sailors were just unnecessary, not funny or amusing in the least.

Too much tropy puns and not enough focus on the plot. The humor just seemed too obvious and the punchlines predictable. I felt like they wasted a lot of time trying to get the audience to remember characters that were gone two episodes. The boat ride was hard to watch and their desperate attempt to portray an idiot/overprotective father was nauseating. And apart from Kuon summarizing the extent of Tuskuru's power it felt like white noise. It was stupid as fuck how the center cast pretty much wrote off the rest of the convoy. I understand things area bit desperate but nonetheless that should be more reason to figure out getting the supplies to the convoy. Waiting till sundown and morning to probably finish the delivery was really dumb. And considering the extent of Munechika's power
they could've come up with sometnhing. The brother in that idiot redhead duo seemed at least reasonably competent for sending messages They could've formulated some kind of plan to bring in supplies, even in pieces. What's more awkward is whilst in the midst of Nosuri's twerking groveling of dry land the fact the fucking Yamato fort looked maybe 3 miles away at most. Enough for an ambush but elite fighters must have some ability, especially when then through so much trouble to show just how dangerous the eight pillar generals were not too long ago. NO let's go up and along the fucking steep cliff that some civilian told us about with limited room to maneuver told us about. Non way the natives will figure to cut you off from at least one side. Assuming you don't get sniped to death from the bushes like some World of Tanks match.All in all they really should've found a better way to convey the separation of the MCs from the rest of they convoy even if they just ended up getting jumped in a thick forest. I think this gave them an excuse to lighten up with the foolishness and let moe and homoerotism do the work. We're about to see Yamato and Tuskuru from the previous series go head to head, and we're at EP18 of 26. REALLY don't wanna see this resolved with Kuon talking over both sides while their fighting or some bullshit I can really see them trying some shit like that. It's past due for them to pick up the pace and stop with the shenanigans. They've wasted enough time getting the cast together already.

2/5 - Konpopo wrecked this fucking episode.

On a final note, and I know I'm gonna get hell for this. But after watching pieces of Avatar TLA/LOK I have to say anime really needs to find a new routine. As many hiccups as Avatar has it has a genuine vibe to it. a lot of stuff coming out of japan seems either forced or reused. I personally think if American writers got out and started their own anime hub with time and proper branching of genres would blow them out of the water...And that's hard to say seeing as I literally snubbed Avatar the first time I seen it back ten years ago.
QWERTYFish25Feb 14, 2016 2:13 AM
Feb 14, 2016 4:39 AM

Aug 2008
Another horrible episode. After infodump episode I was hoping the series will finally start doing anything other than faffing around and catering to fujoshi but sadly it's back to the old septic tank of writing. Other than complete time wasting, bad humour and bullshit plot devices what struck me the most was Kuon.

Putting aside nonsense about stopping the war it seemed like her reason to join the group was revealed and it was actually pretty good. Being sure of Yamato's inevitable loss she wanted to protect her friends and that's fine. But a flat out betrayal by showing the enemy army a secret route is just going too far.

I want to see Yamato getting their asses kicked really bad. Someone from the idiot group dying would be a nice extra as well (even the bird would be fine). Yeah, a man can dream... It will probably be some bullshit ex machina pulled by Haku instead.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 14, 2016 5:06 AM

Jun 2013
Atui's dad is werid of course and what's up with the bird?
Feb 14, 2016 8:15 AM

Apr 2011
I hope Oshutoru is hoping Haku would end and stop this war since he disagrees going to war against Tusukuru.

Yet the anime doesn't explain why Yamato need to invade it. I've only read spoilers. Did I miss it in the past episodes?

Atui's dad is amusing. And the girls making the misunderstanding even more worse is funny.
Feb 14, 2016 9:59 AM

Sep 2014
Atui's dad was friggin' hilarious xD
Poor Nosuri, also lold at her twerking ^^
Poor Kokopo tricked by Mukkuru.
Kuon confident that Tuskuru will wreck Yamato, rooting so hard for them :D
Dekoponpo being annoying as usual ughh
Can't wait to see Benawi and Kurou in action!
nerfxFeb 14, 2016 10:08 AM
Feb 14, 2016 10:02 AM

Jun 2010
Magito said:
Yet the anime doesn't explain why Yamato need to invade it. I've only read spoilers. Did I miss it in the past episodes?

at the end of episode 17 the emperor of Yamato sent one of his boys to tuskuru to pick up hakuoro's body so they can use it for experiements to turn the slimes back into humans.

Tuskuru obviously declined since hakuoro asked them to let him rest for as long as possible.

Emperor wasn't too happy with the rejection and decides to take hakuoro's body by force.
This resulted in the invasion of tuskuru which is uberly failing right now.

I have no idea what excuse he told his citizens but since they see him as a GOD they'll be like
"God said we should invade this country so there's no way we're wrong, all those that oppose God are infidels after all so they deserve to die."

that's the gist of the story.
Feb 14, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2007
richard360 said:
Magito said:

at the end of episode 17 the emperor of Yamato sent one of his boys to tuskuru to pick up hakuoro's body so they can use it for experiements to turn the slimes back into humans.

Tuskuru obviously declined since hakuoro asked them to let him rest for as long as possible.

Emperor wasn't too happy with the rejection and decides to take hakuoro's body by force.
This resulted in the invasion of tuskuru which is uberly failing right now.

I have no idea what excuse he told his citizens but since they see him as a GOD they'll be like
"God said we should invade this country so there's no way we're wrong, all those that oppose God are infidels after all so they deserve to die."

that's the gist of the story.

To be exact the emperor does not seem to know exactly what's the deal with Hakuoro or that he was the cause of what happened. He just wants the iceman project data and all the other things he hopes are in that facility.

And yeah, the justification is exactly what you said - its literally said last ep they view the invasion as divine will and even if they dont understand why they attribute it to god stuff.
Feb 14, 2016 10:55 AM

Aug 2008
@richard360 Anime wasted too much time on faffing around to actually explain anything properly but I don't think they see him as a god, he is just the highest authority. And from their point of view rather deservedly. He created a wealthy and strong country, taught their ancestors everything and seems to be immortal. No need to mx stereotypes about faith into that.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 14, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2007
Antanaru said:
@richard360 Anime wasted too much time on faffing around to actually explain anything properly but I don't think they see him as a god, he is just the highest authority. And from their point of view rather deservedly. He created a wealthy and strong country, taught their ancestors everything and seems to be immortal. No need to mx stereotypes about faith into that.

IF you actually paid attention instead of hating and flamebaiting, you would know that they have explained multiple times already that the emperor is viewed as a god by Yamato's citizens.
Feb 14, 2016 11:45 AM

Aug 2008
@Fai First this show needs to provide something worth paying attention to. Putting that aside, my point is that people of Yamato don't seem to just believe in the emperor but actually have tangible evidence to make them unquestionably follow him. The show makes them look brainless and automatically root for Tusukuru but when you think about it they have a valid reason to follow him even if it means being an aggressor.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 14, 2016 11:46 AM

Jun 2010
Antanaru said:
He created a wealthy and strong country, taught their ancestors everything and seems to be immortal. No need to mx stereotypes about faith into that.

An Immortal Emperor who created a mighty empire, brought riches and prosperity to his people, and vanquishes all those that dare threaten his lands.
P.S. he also dishes out masks that turn people into GIANT SUPER BEINGS !!!!!

Sounds pretty Godly to me.

But hey who knows, you might be right.
Feb 14, 2016 10:12 PM

Oct 2011
BENAWI OMFG OMG OMG YAY!!!!!
Feb 15, 2016 5:49 AM

Feb 2009
the episode was good for nothing.
Atui's father and Kopopo's run was very fun and that's it.
Good to see Aruru again, and Benawi will fight in the next ep. I can't wait. :)
Feb 15, 2016 1:53 PM

Jan 2011
I understand That it's not supposed to be its predecessor but it has wasted too much time with SOL/Harem garbage. Getting real sick and tired of these "innocent" girls who can kill and butcher but freeze uo when it comes to anything romantic. Even the last Airbender had more direction with romance and a proper buildup and that was a kids show. This only goes as far as implication and will probably hint at a possible relationship. Even then the others will definitely interfere and completely overstep their boundaries, as usual. I dunno what's japan's problem they can imply rape excessively where murder or general suffering will get their point across perfectly but when romance and general attraction are at stake they choose to express it in morally constipated one-dimensional characters. They have no problem with non-stop panty-shots and bath scenes but a man and woman kissing? That's a no-no. They are more hypocritical than the American republican party at times.

This is a tad more of a general rant towards anime's tendencies in recent years. I know it's a different culture but, fuck. Try something new.

Magito said:

The excuse will probably be we need to "unite in order to bring peace" to the world or some BS.
Feb 15, 2016 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
Barion-Zara said:
The amount of trust Oshutoru and now Munechika have for Haku is kinda insane tbh. He's proved he's good but I haven't seen him do enough to earn THAT MUCH.

My theory is that the current residents of the Earth are genetically predisposed to trust and follow their creators (actual humans) like Haku and his brother, the Emperor.
Feb 16, 2016 8:53 AM

Jul 2007
QWERTYFish25 said:

The excuse will probably be we need to "unite in order to bring peace" to the world or some BS.

The reasoning was given already in this and previous ep - "because our god said so, so what if we don't understand his reasons are above us"
Feb 16, 2016 10:17 AM

Aug 2008
@PaleBlue From what I've heard it's true in the game but wasn't mentioned in either anime series. While Hakuoro was charismatic enough for it work somehow, here it seems like a lazy way out of writing an actually dependable MC. Replacing character development that is supposedly in the game with faffing around and fujoshi bait doesn't really help either.

The gap between what this series is telling and showing you about the MC is way too big to take anything seriously. At this point calling Haku an otaku insert well-known from the most cliche LN adaptations, wouldn't be too much of a stretch to be honest.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 16, 2016 2:28 PM

Jan 2011
Fai said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

The reasoning was given already in this and previous ep - "because our god said so, so what if we don't understand his reasons are above us"
Pfft. Even worse. I didn't even register that as a valid reason but rather a take on how one of the characters see it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

97 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.