Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 7, 2016 8:17 AM
Sep 2013
Well there goes Hachikawa..Poor Hogi someone save that beauty.Mutsuki Kill Torso already that freak needs to go. I though the conversation in the V organization was really good but the conversation between Eto and Kaneki killed me. Of all things they could be talking about lol.

I am a Ghoul Parallel to Kens declaration.

Wonder If she will drop more bombs next chapter. Kaneki face oh no she didn't..xD

Sachi or Amon I wonder who was being chased.
Feb 7, 2016 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
Once again, so much interesting info. I like how Ishida portrays assholes like Hachi having a really bad past which changed his personality. Rip to him. At this rate, I won't be surprised if Matsuri experiences a similar past which made him the man he is today. Characters developments of TG are always mind-blowing.

I don't think Ayumu is actually dead. It's very possible to survive that Torso's attack. She might be used as a "torture tool" like the ghoul mother and child in the prequel though. Mutsuki better kick Torso ass or else it will be disappointing as far as her combat capabilities is concerned.

I love the symbol of V. 2 paths converging symbolizes seeking balance between 2 opposing species. Arima(and of course Furuta) is becoming as interesting as ever.

Rize seems to be someone really special. Even Aogiri is searching for her in the prequel. That might be something to do with her Kagune which explains Kaneki's strength after turning a ghoul.

And Eto, what are you planning confessing you are a ghoul like this. I hope it's just part of a epic master plan and not a suicidal move. Like others have mentioned, it will be epic if her final work is titled "Tokyo Ghoul".

P.S Screw the bastard who announces Hinami's disposal date. Rejoice my ass.
Feb 7, 2016 8:34 AM

Feb 2014
-poor hachiko though...
-mutsuki should be able to beat torso but i doubt it if the only one that she has to deal with will torso.
-is it just me or furuta looks so impressive this chapter? and arima's eyes look like they have no emotion at all. just like a robot.
-rize and v. furuta and clowns and v. arima and v. these are the key words but idk how to combine them correctly lol
-eto and kaneki are in cooperation? i got this feeling from their conversation. well, cant wait to see what will happen.

Sparteh said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Eto's last book is based on Kaneki?
What else would be a reason to keep him so close during the interview. I think that she might very well drop another bomb next week

yea it makes sense. it certainly must be like this.

Wielder said:
Good chap.
I got disappointed because Tokyo Ghoul's Auron version a.k.a Noseless got rekt. I really don't like how Ishida kills interesting characters such as Hachi, Hairu and Kijima.
Also, I feel like Mutsuki is gonna have a torture section like Kaneki. Shirosuki?

except for hachi and kijima, yea hairu was interesting.
im fed up with these tortures, because it increased and lost its kink. so i have a feeling that we wont see any tortures in several chapters. (i might be wrong too)
EustassKiddo !
Feb 7, 2016 8:43 AM

Aug 2015
This chapter gave us so much information, and by the looks of the last chapter we are going to have a very intense arc now. We have possibilities of:

Arima vs Yomo/:Re
Furuta continuing to investigate on Kaneki and Eto
Mutuski vs Tooru
Shachi/Amon vs Aogiri guys

and all this leading to

Rue Island arc, where we're going to have V, Aogiri and CCG
Hinami's execution
And something about the clowns, they are missing from a long time and with this chapter's ending they surely will plan something.

We start off this chapter with the killing of Hachikawa (Vash the stampede) who was basically being rekt by Shikorae and Takizawa, this ghuol duo is crazy as it is strong: Takizawa destroyed Hachi's quinque and Shikorae killed him with not so much difficult. Then we get a little bit of a backstory for Vash which is good because it was one of the investigators we didn't know anything about. That creepy Torso is showing up again and this situation now looks very bad, but i'm confident that Mutuski will be able to kill him and return back to CCG so they can start the raid.

"Nimura. Did you not learn how to talk in the 'Sunlit Garden’?"
"I wonder how it was. How about you Kaiko-san?"
"Shut up."
" You have quite the bad mouth yourself.)"

FURUTA BEING AWESOME AS ALWAYS. V's headquarter is beautiful and exactly as i expected it. The meeting betwenn Kaiko and Furuta and Arima gave us much informations, Arima and Furuta seems to be familiar with the boss, that would probably means that V is connected to CCG in some way and that is made by ghouls and by humans as well.

And then that ending. Waoh, just waoh. Kaneki surely didn't expect it, Eto's revelation to the world is probably one of the biggest plotwist in tokyo ghoul from now!
Feb 7, 2016 10:20 AM

Nov 2014
Dayuum~ Eto dropped one hell of a bomb!!!
Feb 7, 2016 10:27 AM

Aug 2014
Okay..:

- Disappointed in Hachikawa's death. Didn't even manage to graze either of the ghouls before getting one-shotted. At least it was explained why he no longer cares that much for civilians, and he shit-talked 'till the end. I hope Hogi survived that toss.

- Torso is really getting on my nerves. I've disliked the guy almost immediately after seeing him for the first time, it's his overall vibe that's annoying, like a really weak creep that for some reason manages to always face the weakest link. Mitsuki at least puts up a fight, if this is all she's capable of after more than half a year then damn does she suck at this job.

- My man Shachi. I've been waiting for your glorious martial arts face to make a return (well, partially). Looks like it's pretty much confirmed he's out of Aogiri.

- Why's Kaneki lying to Eto? That hairstyle doesn't suit her, at all. On the other hand, Hinami looked stunning in her panel.

- The mistress of Tokyo Ghoul is about to make a return.

- Hopefully Arima makes some :re quinques.

Then there's what Eto said, but I fully expected that after "press conference" was mentioned. Good chapter.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 7, 2016 10:39 AM
Jan 2016
What does, " we cannot continue to be led around by that" mean? It refers to Rize obviously, but what relating to Rize? Personally I think a fight between either Arima and Shachi or Arima and Yomo. I'm surprised that Rize is still possibly alive after all this time.
Feb 7, 2016 10:41 AM

Dec 2014
She's with Yomo, he's probably still feeding her.

As for her importance, I don't think that she's only important because of knowing Shachi.
She was important enough to get assassinated, although that didn't work.
Feb 7, 2016 10:46 AM
Aug 2015
V14s said:
What does, " we cannot continue to be led around by that" mean? It refers to Rize obviously, but what relating to Rize? Personally I think a fight between either Arima and Shachi or Arima and Yomo. I'm surprised that Rize is still possibly alive after all this time.

I think yomo and touka are keeping her hidden
Feb 7, 2016 10:53 AM
Aug 2015
Does anyone know what Eto wants to show kaneki or what do you think she wants to show him
Feb 7, 2016 11:02 AM
Jan 2016
Nuvviveji said:
She's with Yomo, he's probably still feeding her.

As for her importance, I don't think that she's only important because of knowing Shachi.
She was important enough to get assassinated, although that didn't work.

O, I know that. I guess I mean will Shachi show up to :re to help Yomo protect her?
Feb 7, 2016 11:05 AM

Apr 2015
BaconKingpin said:
Does anyone know what Eto wants to show kaneki or what do you think she wants to show him

Probably this.
Feb 7, 2016 11:12 AM
Jan 2015
Who told that about Kuzen:

Did I miss something because I remember him being here:

Anyone maybe knows his actual status?
Feb 7, 2016 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
Unionoob said:

V believes that Kuzen is dead. They don't know that Eto put him in a tube and that he's somewhat alive.
Feb 7, 2016 11:34 AM

Nov 2011
"I am a ghoul"

Definitely words not to be forgotten this chapter.
Feb 7, 2016 11:46 AM
Jan 2015
Nuvviveji said:
Unionoob said:

V believes that Kuzen is dead. They don't know that Eto put him in a tube and that he's somewhat alive.

Well. V knows that she is his daughter and after TG last battle she took him. Do they really think she killed him? And since they haven't gotten his his body I don't think they would be so certain that he is dead.
Feb 7, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2014
Unionoob said:
Nuvviveji said:

Well. V knows that she is his daughter and after TG last battle she took him. Do they really think she killed him? And since they haven't gotten his his body I don't think they would be so certain that he is dead.

Considering they thought they'd killed him and his corpse was then eaten by the Owl it wouldn't be strange for them to think that he's dead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2016 1:04 PM

Mar 2012
I'm pretty sure that all investigators are humans (except for the QS). Don't they have those detections on RC cells in every entrance.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Feb 7, 2016 1:32 PM
Jan 2016
Everybody is excited how Eto made a fool of Ken and Im here wondering about meaning of butterfly :d
Eto's quote may be a "butterfly effect". I mean... Ken confirmed she's a ghoul in chapter 62 and we know it was only formality but V didnt eliminate her yet (even tho they know about her thanks to Furuta). What is interesting is what she said before they went to conference: "you have to watch over me anyway, don't you?". I mean who ordered to keep an eye on her to Kaneki and why?. I think it was special plan to reveal herself to everyone just to make more problems to V and whole CCG organization.
Maybe Im wrong but butterfly have plenty other meaning like rebirth and life passing, final end etc. and it gives me to think that Ken is her shield for now.
Lex3erFeb 8, 2016 6:01 AM
Feb 7, 2016 2:42 PM

Dec 2011
In which CCG quarters are Eto and Kaneki?

Ayumu </3
Feb 7, 2016 3:06 PM

Oct 2014
The issue of butterfly/moth (for me is a moth) is subjective, maybe, but following a post on here

Anyone else know of other posts about this?
Feb 7, 2016 4:53 PM

Jul 2013
skwok-raven said:
I'm pretty sure that all investigators are humans (except for the QS). Don't they have those detections on RC cells in every entrance.

Well, if some of the higher-ups are involved with V, it wouldn't be much of a stretch for V to control how the detectors work and exclude some people from being detected. Though I'm just guessing here and the crazy strong ones might be just normal humans who's being experimented or enhanced with drugs. We still don''t know how Arima go from being blue-haired during high school to being white-haired.
EasyGo-erFeb 7, 2016 4:56 PM

Feb 7, 2016 5:16 PM
Aug 2015
I just realized kaneki looks somewhat human in this chapter
Feb 7, 2016 7:06 PM

Nov 2015
What a chapter! Hachikawa had it coming for him. Ayumu was so cute O_O <3 feeling sad for her.

-Hinami's date has been finalized :(
Eto looks good with the hair cut.
-I saw 5 persons in the conference room of V
-Also why did kaiko said, "As for Rize, We simply cannot continue to be led aroung by THAT"
-So shachi is getting in the action now. What are they scheming? Where are they heading to? On which roof top are they on?
-Kaneki shocked of Eto's announcement. haha PRICELESS FACIAL EXPRESSION

It is reaching a climax guys!
BunnyBunelaFeb 7, 2016 7:11 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2016 7:26 PM
Jan 2016
Just read this on the wiki.

This chapter ends in the same fashion as Chapter 63 of the original series, with someone stating, "I am a Ghoul".

Ishida you f***ing genius
Feb 7, 2016 10:36 PM
Nov 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
Would be funny if Eto last book title is "Tokyo Ghoul".

Omg i would cry and then die because of happiness and joy. And i think that would be why the series's name is tokyo ghoul. Please let it be true....
Feb 8, 2016 1:37 AM

Dec 2014
EasyGo-er said:
We still don''t know how Arima go from being blue-haired during high school to being white-haired.
The Maria-Antoinette syndrome makes your hair white. Either due to high physical or metal trauma. I believe that Arima experience some kind of mental trauma to make his hair white.
Feb 8, 2016 1:43 AM

Oct 2014
So it might just be me, but I think "I am a Ghoul" is the title of Eto's last book.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Feb 8, 2016 3:09 AM

Jul 2013
Nuvviveji said:
EasyGo-er said:
We still don''t know how Arima go from being blue-haired during high school to being white-haired.
The Maria-Antoinette syndrome makes your hair white. Either due to high physical or metal trauma. I believe that Arima experience some kind of mental trauma to make his hair white.

I know about it. What I meant is we still haven't been given the truth about it, whether he was tortured like Kaneki or being experimented upon or something along those lines which might be related to V.

Feb 8, 2016 3:22 AM

Dec 2014
EasyGo-er said:
Nuvviveji said:

I know about it. What I meant is we still haven't been given the truth about it, whether he was tortured like Kaneki or being experimented upon or something along those lines which might be related to V.
Maybe, although he doesn't seem like the type, he was affected by the deaths of people around him. If you noticed even Ui started to have some white hair here and there.
Feb 8, 2016 3:41 AM

Jul 2013
Nuvviveji said:
EasyGo-er said:

Maybe, although he doesn't seem like the type, he was affected by the deaths of people around him. If you noticed even Ui started to have some white hair here and there.

Yeah, I've noticed it too but didn't really gave much thought on it lol. Only time will tell then since unlike Ui, Arima had all of his hair turning white with no signs of growing his normal blue-hair again while Kaneki have already grown out his black hair again (though maybe that has to do with him being half-ghoul/ghoul). Pretty sure Ishida had something in store for Arima being like that in the future.

Feb 8, 2016 4:10 AM

Jan 2012
that's what i call a turn of event , i mean she was in island how did she went to city.

Feb 8, 2016 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
AllenVonStein said:
that's what i call a turn of event , i mean she was in island how did she went to city.

That's a question that you should've asked in previous chapter instead of this one lol. Anyway, the event on the island and the city is happening at different times, with the island being a past event and the city being the present event. It was only shown at the same time to add tension and make the current story more engaging.

Feb 8, 2016 4:59 AM

Jul 2014
EasyGo-er said:
AllenVonStein said:

That's a question that you should've asked in previous chapter instead of this one lol. Anyway, the event on the island and the city is happening at different times, with the island being a past event and the city being the present event. It was only shown at the same time to add tension and make the current story more engaging.

Implying that the guy actually reads the manga.
Feb 8, 2016 5:33 AM

Nov 2015
so arima is confirmed to be a part of v,ken is definitely going to kill him later on,no one hurts touka!
so anyway,i loved the back and forth banter between eto and ken,they would be a perfect couple if she wasnt psychotic.Seriously did not see her big reveal at the end,you gotta wonder about her plan,im thinking an all out ghoul attack so no need to hide anymore.
Im gonna be seriously annoyed if hinami is killed,i could see touka going to save her after that panel near the end.
Feb 8, 2016 6:06 AM

Aug 2014
Takizawa and Shikorae are one hell of a duo they have nothing on my boys Kaneki and Furuta though
And speaking of Takizawa, his kagune took an interesting shape, looking like a pair of swiss army knives. It's definitely the best looking one so far.

Once again Ishida presents us with a another beauty (Ayumu) only to be presumably killed off...Seriously, fuck you Torso!

And finally, Eto shows why she's always one step ahead of everybody...Kaneki's face tells it all lol.
Feb 8, 2016 6:14 AM

Jan 2012
Arcanix said:

What are u talking about, i am fan of Tokyo ghoul re , i have read every chapter , but lately it's too confusing to read , maybe the quality has began to drop .

it's happening at different times lol .

Feb 8, 2016 6:39 AM

Dec 2014
AllenVonStein said:
Arcanix said:

What are u talking about, i am fan of Tokyo ghoul re , i have read every chapter , but lately it's too confusing to read , maybe the quality has began to drop .

it's happening at different times lol .
He insinuated that if you actually payed attention you would've known what's happening, or atleast the timeline.

The Island is the past.
Eto on TV is the present.

Was that so hard?

If you were confused by the reasoning of the actions some characters made in the recent chapters, that's understandable.
Feb 8, 2016 6:45 AM

Jan 2012

I see so that's what he meant but yeah it's pretty confusing sometimes, no wonder a lot of users are asking a lot of questions here and in other forums.

Feb 8, 2016 7:09 AM

May 2014
I just realized that chapter 63 of original TG also ended with "I am a ghoul"
Feb 8, 2016 8:08 AM

Mar 2014
Oh no Hinami is in danger !!

I don't care who just save her !!
Feb 8, 2016 8:25 AM

Apr 2014
RedChrome said:
Oh no Hinami is in danger !!

Fueguchi 3 hype!!
Feb 8, 2016 2:33 PM
Sep 2014
Eto 100% confirmed a ghoul

another mild blowing revelation

Kaneki looks like a emo nerd btw
Feb 8, 2016 2:44 PM

Nov 2014
NorthBayAnime said:
Eto 100% confirmed a ghoul

another mild blowing revelation

Kaneki looks like an emo nerd btw

FTFY

Feb 8, 2016 9:12 PM
Oct 2011
Sparteh said:
I just realized that chapter 63 of original TG also ended with "I am a ghoul"

Tokyo Ghoul 63

Feb 9, 2016 7:14 PM

Aug 2014
I just have to:

Alternatively..:

~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 10, 2016 12:48 AM

Dec 2013
something tells me Eto will be a troll and reveal Kaneki being a ghoul or the true OEK. something is definitely cooking there.. most probably Hinami's rescue plan?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 13, 2016 8:12 AM

Mar 2014
I am sooo in love with her omg
She's great
But Touka ;-; Arima, back off.
I kind of want to see Kaneki's reaction to Touka being attacked though.
Feb 14, 2016 3:58 PM

Feb 2011
Arcanix said:
Z4k said:
Eto played Kaneki like a damn fiddle lol.

The dumb plot played him like a fiddle.
This may just be the dumbest moment in the whole TG. This whole exchange between Eto and Kaneki in this chapter and the last chapter... so flipping stupid.

yup, it felt so out of place, unless sasaki/kaneki got suddently brain damaged once the hair turned black again...
i'm actually going by that, at least it makes some sense that way

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 11, 2016 6:33 PM

Dec 2015
Eto goes public with the announcement that she is a ghoul, and Ken's reaction was priceless.
Ayumu is adorable.
Now Torso finally confronts Mutsuki. Wonder how that will play out.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.