Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 2016 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm so we get more background info about Tamaki this episode..

Meh, not a fan of her character much. The action was surprisingly good as I kinda enjoyed the fight against the Succubus. The chief was a certain kind of badass imo. Need more of her on the frontlines~
Jan 23, 2016 5:57 AM

Apr 2013
Tamaki was kinda being an asshole but well... kinda surprised she had a sibling lol
Didn't really care about her background information though.

Chief's normal attack > most other's Logic Drive.

Lucifer... first arch demon to appear.

Jan 23, 2016 6:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Always nice to get background info especially to see what makes a girl like Tamaki tick...I don't get the hate for her thats going on here...What's wrong with wanting to save lives considering that her goal is be a medical doctor

I really enjoyed seeing the clash of ideals in this one as well and the whole situation made me feel kinda bad for both Tanaki and Tsurugi

Action scenes were great this week, with the sniper and the chief both being the standout warriors by far like holy deal they're way too awesome =o Having a Succubus as an Incubus as the villains was interesting too lol

Next week looks like it'll be hype since Papa Luci is here but I'm very curious to find out his backstory as well as his relationship with Best Girl Athena (Whom I ship even more with MC-kun now)

Hopefully we get to see more arch-demons and Luci will be almost like an end game antagonist or a new ally (Which I would love)
TokoyaJan 23, 2016 6:35 AM
Jan 23, 2016 6:07 AM

Apr 2013
I basically just hate her character overall after this episode lol.

Jan 23, 2016 6:11 AM

Jan 2012
Well cleavage and yuri fanservice aside not much of an episode. Did Venus refusing to heal that one wounded civilian to prove a point to Yurine seem absurdly scummy of her to anyone else? She very easily could have and still got her to take out the Succubus. Took me out of it a bit, not that I was paying full attention to that point anyway but yeah, weakest episode of the three.
Jan 23, 2016 6:51 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
So in the end, Tamaki's still an asshole. Wasn't really interested in hearing a backstory about her.

2/5
Jan 23, 2016 7:11 AM
May 2014
animefan8800 said:
Did Venus refusing to heal that one wounded civilian to prove a point to Yurine seem absurdly scummy of her to anyone else?

Well, not really.
It is basically the same as if you and someone else has gotten a task from your boss, but
you decide to ignore it to do something else..and in response your coworker tells you
to do what you're supposed to.

It probably isn't very popular to do so, but it is certainly within their rights, so to speak.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jan 23, 2016 7:26 AM

Jan 2012
konatachan80 said:
animefan8800 said:
Did Venus refusing to heal that one wounded civilian to prove a point to Yurine seem absurdly scummy of her to anyone else?

Well, not really.
It is basically the same as if you and someone else has gotten a task from your boss, but
you decide to ignore it to do something else..and in response your coworker tells you

It probably isn't very popular to do so, but it is certainly within their rights, so to speak.

Maybe if the something else was get a soda or something else trivial I could see that, but help someone injured, possibly critically? Naw
Jan 23, 2016 7:55 AM
May 2014
animefan8800 said:
konatachan80 said:

Well, not really.

Maybe if the something else was get a soda or something else trivial I could see that, but help someone injured, possibly critically? Naw

In that case.. help some of those thats already injured (or dead), or stop the
one causing them..

Yes, she probably could've helped some of them while letting the perpetrator cause
more injuries (or deaths) while she did it. This is quite important as her job wasn't to
cure people, but to stop the one doing the damage.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jan 23, 2016 8:00 AM

Aug 2011
Well, background info for Tamaki's was like nothing much and yes, I overlook it. I'm kinda indifferent to her. What I want to see is some villain of foe from Tamaki's past coming into play. Like in that fist episode and the foreshadow that they gave.
Jan 23, 2016 8:04 AM

Jan 2012
konatachan80 said:
animefan8800 said:

one causing them..

Yes, she probably could've helped some of them while letting the perpetrator cause
more injuries (or deaths) while she did it. This is quite important as her job wasn't to

Except we clearly see the chief was handling the Succubus just fine at that time, effectively neutralizing her threat. Certainly long enough to heal the one or two people there, assuming they're alive. If they are dead the show didn't make it seem that way, to me anyway. I get that Venus probably didn't know that the chief had the situation under control though. In which case I suppose I should consider blaming the writing over the character, but eh, can't help but feel she's pretty scummy in that situation, even if it's poor writing's fault.
Jan 23, 2016 8:48 AM

Jan 2015
Whip of Love?! That sure is suspicious name for a "Weapon". Not to mention that the one who wield it is a... Let's say "follow the rule" glasses girl. :D
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 23, 2016 8:48 AM
May 2014
animefan8800 said:
konatachan80 said:

one causing them..

Except we clearly see the chief was handling the Succubus just fine at that time, effectively neutralizing her threat. Certainly long enough to heal the one or two people there, assuming they're alive. If they are dead the show didn't make it seem that way, to me anyway. I get that Venus probably didn't know that the chief had the situation under control though. In which case I suppose I should consider blaming the writing over the character, but eh, can't help but feel she's pretty scummy in that situation, even if it's poor writing's fault.

True, we have a different viewpoint than her, and because of it we know things she don't.
However, it wouldn't make sense for her to act according to what WE know, only what she does.

If you're told that there's a huge leak in the basement you probably wouldn't want
to finish your dinner and do other things for a while first even though someone
unrelated to you
knew the leak had been plugged in the meantime.

Your knowledge wouldn't have changed just because someone else knew something
and couldn't/didn't tell you.

(sorry for the nonsensical example, but I hope you get my drift)
konatachan80Jan 23, 2016 8:58 AM
-- Lord fifth
Jan 23, 2016 8:55 AM

Jan 2012
Indeed, in which case the writing is at fault, presenting it to us as the audience in a way that might make Venus look bad. Either the Succubus should have been a bigger threat somehow, maybe the chief doesn't go herself, thus justifying Venus' attitude to the audience, or the whole scene with the injured civilians should have been removed.
Jan 23, 2016 9:43 AM

May 2015
The episode felt very dramatical....at starting I gave 9 for this anime...thinking the 1st episode was awesome so it will become more better.

They wasted 2nd episode by making the hero's attention drawn towards that Olga, and it turned out that he was just being pitied -_- ...Seriously? They built up full tention showing him fully like a suspicious character and what the hell is with that twist....So my rating became 8.

This episode....oh god stop it with the don't want to kill nonsense !! MC doesn't want a comrade to kill it, does he expect some unknown guy to come and kill that succubus? ....AND That cliche speech from the MC ..... AND no reply for Athena's confession , well,it's still not know if a human and that goddess which actually shapeshift can become a couple or not so i'll let that slide though...

My rating for this anime....6/10...I hardly think this will raise anymore from now though....at max it can become 7/10.
Jan 23, 2016 10:28 AM

Jun 2014
This was definitely the weakest episode so far. I found myself disconnected and inattentive at times. Hopefully the next episode is better.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 23, 2016 10:44 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I somehow find myself liking this anime more than most others this season, entertaining.
Jan 23, 2016 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
I don't really like Tamaki that much! Her background information were okay!
Jan 23, 2016 12:01 PM

Feb 2015
I don't know why I'm still watching this. The script is terrible and at times I feel I'm watching some magic girl anime. This was not a good episode.
Jan 23, 2016 12:13 PM

Apr 2008
First two episodes I was like "Oh this is interesting."
Episode 3 showed its true colors, prepare for a second coming of Lucifer Comet everyone.
ZingFreelancerJan 24, 2016 12:09 PM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Jan 23, 2016 12:23 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty disappointing episode, given I don't care at all about Risa Taneda's bitchy character. I think I'm dropping this show; as cute as Tsurugi is, even he's not worth staying for. Perhaps I'll revisit the anime after it finishes airing, if I hear it got better.
Jan 23, 2016 12:25 PM

Oct 2011
Tamaki focus episode.

She wanted to be a doctor but was now a Logicalist.

She killed the Succubus and moved foward

She accepts Tsurugi as team leader.

Damn that food YUMMY !!!!!

Athena knows Lucifer. Olga's Covenator????

I wonder who will be the next focus of the episode? Sniper girl or Last Final Slash girl?
Jan 23, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2015
Tamaki's personality is a bit cringe worthy tbh. Yes, we all understand she's got her goals but obviously the MC is a better choice for leader since he's clearly got more expertise in this. And lol at the "I don't wanna kill that enemy" clearly their stupidity and "righteousness" is gonna get someone killed if they keep that up.
Jan 23, 2016 1:32 PM

Apr 2010
Another anime massacred by Funimation censors.
And really there was barely anything to censor during that transformation scene yet almost the entire screen turned into a light bulb.
For me this meant an immediate drop of the subs and i switched to raw, these censors go against the spirit of anime.

For those wondering:
This is the raw
And this is Funimation

Rant aside the episode was ok and the ending suggested upcoming drama which might be nice.
It seems the drama within the unit is resolved tho.
AversaJan 23, 2016 1:42 PM
Jan 23, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2014
MC is kind of disappointed in this episode.
Tamaki and MC don't want to kill while the enemy is hurting people...such logic.
Lucifer is here so let's see how them naive people are going to handle this.
Like the Chef because she is not naive.
Jan 23, 2016 2:31 PM

Aug 2015
Average episode. Found Tamaki's story boring and uninteresting. Now this Lucifer guy shows up, looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 23, 2016 3:47 PM

Dec 2014
hmm I was liking the anime at first but thinking of dropping it now
Jan 23, 2016 3:49 PM

Dec 2014
big threat revealed and it's: the devil, wow really how creative damn imagination over 9000 on this one.
I hope next is better than this one
Jan 23, 2016 4:52 PM

Sep 2015
I really dislike the "We have to save our enemies!!!" bullshit. Who in their right mind would want to let such a dangerous creature go loose to kill dozens of people?
I find it implausible that people with such flawed morals would be allowed to hold such a position as a Logicalist or whatever they call it.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 23, 2016 5:06 PM

Apr 2015
Smudy said:
I somehow find myself liking this anime more than most others this season, entertaining.

Me three. I know it's not perfect, but for whatever reason I like it more than most of the shows I'm watching this season (and I'm watching sixteen lol).
Jan 23, 2016 7:01 PM
Jul 2012
GileonFletcher said:
Smudy said:

Me three. I know it's not perfect, but for whatever reason I like it more than most of the shows I'm watching this season (and I'm watching sixteen lol).

Me four. There's sincereity in the writing, which for me makes up for a lot of its other flaws, and confidence in its execution.
Jan 23, 2016 10:23 PM
Aug 2015
I think this show is trying to reprise the complex themes of Gatchaman CROWDS and not doing it very well...I would recommend both seasons of that over watching this. I guess I'll stay in for another episode, but the hype is fading fast.
Jan 24, 2016 1:07 AM

Apr 2012
An okay ep... the boss was cool, I like her transformed form.

Oh, so will Lucifer be the bad guy?

Overall enjoying this anime, just a fun show to pass the time.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 24, 2016 2:50 AM

Jan 2015
Don't know why but this episode gave me NGE's vibes.

The OST was on point this week's.
Jan 24, 2016 4:46 AM

Aug 2013
Ok this anime is garbage, I somehow made it through 2 episodes but watching the 3rd one I decided I will drop it. The 1st anime I dropped this season and I hope it will be the last one.
Jan 24, 2016 5:55 AM

Dec 2010
...nice episode that yuri kiss though
Jan 24, 2016 6:08 AM
Apr 2015
I think even Shirou emiya would face palm when he sees this mc's logic... It seems the chief is the only non-retard here.
Jan 24, 2016 6:28 AM

Jun 2013
a sexist beast lol oh not the save everyone bullshit again
Jan 24, 2016 7:19 AM

Jan 2014
This show is turning out to be the worst I'm watching this season.

The dialogue is dry, the characters border on either retarded, cliched or overly drab, the entire concept is too ridiculous for me to keep up and, lastly, there's absolutely nothing that stands out.

Well, I've made it this far. Might as well watch the rest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2016 7:58 AM

Apr 2015
Worst episode yet. Stop-start pacing, cliched plot, bad screenplay rolled into one. Couldn't sympathise on Tamaki at all as the series hadn't shown her deeply yet. What happened? I thought the first two were decent enough and then they serve up this shit.
Jan 24, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2016
I'm gonna give it 1 more episode ,because I drop it. Lucifer guy seems interesting so yeah.
Jan 24, 2016 11:52 AM

Feb 2015
"please...one more time..."
WTF did you do to her dude?
well, pretty decent episode overall.
that new character, definetely not something good.
Jan 24, 2016 2:00 PM

Jun 2012
Aversa said:
Another anime massacred by Funimation censors.
And really there was barely anything to censor during that transformation scene yet almost the entire screen turned into a light bulb.
For me this meant an immediate drop of the subs and i switched to raw, these censors go against the spirit of anime.

For those wondering:
This is the raw
And this is Funimation

Damn, if the old Sailor Moon started airing for the first time nowadays, heads would roll.
Jan 24, 2016 2:29 PM
Jun 2015
Just wondering if anyone noticed the extremely stuttery animation in the second breakfast scene at the end.
Jan 25, 2016 4:22 PM

Jun 2015
Why are people hating this? This is the best episode yet. We finally get some character development for one of out characters, this time Tamaki, which was really good. Why do people think the moral dilemma of killing the succubus is dumb. Do they not realize that it took over a human body, a living person. These things take over the body of a living person. The previous attempts they were able to beat the monster enough so it would let the body go and try to run away but the succubus stayed so killing it would mean killing the person it took control of. Of course she would be hesitant
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Jan 25, 2016 7:57 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode in my opinion
but that damn cliffhanger killed me!
Jan 26, 2016 6:03 AM
Jan 2016
well according to this third chapter. If my hunch is correct i'd say that both Tamaki and the chiefs actions may have been wrong. There action may have consequences in the end at least that's what I think. I think killing the thing may have triggered something and that chief was wrong in the end. I for one don't really like the Chief any and it wouldn't surprise me if she's actually one of the bad guys that's been just acting as a good guy.

Reason why I say this is that 9.2 that showed up maybe the result of them actually killing the creature and the fact that the chief gave the order might mean it was her fault to begin with. Well I guess we will find out when the show continues. Lets see if they prove me right or wrong either way I won't mind.
Jan 26, 2016 2:40 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
After three episodes I still don't know what to think of this show. But I found myself bored with this one.
Jan 27, 2016 1:09 PM

Dec 2015
Didn't really like this episode, but damn boss-lady is ruthless. I like it. And now Lucifer has been introduced. Was thinking of dropping it but him coming in has got me interested.

Jan 29, 2016 7:19 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm, seems like they did some more character development this episode! Mostly focused on how Yurine who really wants to save people and has very strong feelings about appearing to be strong and "perfect". She wasn't able to kill the Foreigner and, well, while I appreciate both her and Yoshichika want to save lives I don't really understand why they have trouble taking them out. I mean that's what they've been doing since the beginning and the Chief is right, if you don't kill them they'll just come back and cause more damage. Tbh I thought with the letter of her writing to her sister (?) it would've focused more on that as opposed to her peace thing, but eh, OK, I guess lol
Another thing - how come Yurine was able to Trance again but Mana and Chloe couldn't? Also, let's see where this goes at the end with this "Lucifer" guy - for a second I thought he was going to be Athena's older brother or something just because they both have green hair XD Oh and speaking of Athena that confession of hers ... what's with her and why is she so attached to Yoshichika? O_o
Side note ... apparently kissing puts you into Trance ;P
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Luck & Logic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

65 by LillClann3443 »»
Apr 12, 2022 9:36 PM

» So season 2 is different....

audac1ous - Jan 31, 2017

3 by GrayZStars »»
Jan 15, 2020 3:25 PM

» Is it Worth to watch ?

SilverFever - Mar 26, 2018

0 by SilverFever »»
Mar 26, 2018 6:02 AM

Poll: » Luck & Logic Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2016

31 by SailorBunnie »»
Dec 30, 2017 10:28 PM

» Is the Funimation Bluray release uncensored?

bestgirlhouki - Oct 25, 2017

0 by bestgirlhouki »»
Oct 25, 2017 8:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.