Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2016 2:43 PM

Apr 2014
They're doing a really great job adapting this so far. Loved the atmosphere of the episode.

By the way they actually revealed the main culprit in the opening for a split second lmao.

Jan 14, 2016 2:44 PM

Jun 2015
This episode's pacing was really good. Can't wait for the next episode.
:)
Jan 14, 2016 2:44 PM

Jan 2016
Love this so far. As long as it doesn't go too big on the plot, 12 episodes or even a second season will be great.
Onei
Jan 14, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
Didn't feel this since I watched Higurashi (the abuse scene didn't affect me much, am I corrupted?!).

They share this concept of changing your actions to alter the future. But I suspect, like in Higurashi, that the outcome is fatal if you're fighting against a powerful will.
This requires even more strengh, and many death along the path...

Well, let's see. Next week is a long wait!
Jan 14, 2016 2:56 PM
Oct 2012
I am not a fan of any supernatural in a mystery, so this is probably not my best genre to be watching. Still, it is well done, and it deserves credit for that.

But we know after 2 episodes that Kayo is going to get killed again, probably requiring another time slip, with the pattern repeating (and other friends being killed) until he figures out the mystery. God, I hope not: that would just be painful to watch. Not much into snuff films, having us like a character, particularly a child (even more particularly a girl since it happens too much in Japanese animation for all the wrong reasons), and then killing them off is not for me entertainment. Because in the vast majority of cases, it smacks too much of emotional exploitation and a cheap plot device, rather than being a good mystery.

Again hope not, haven't read the original, so this could be something fantastic, but right now it is giving off all those vibes.
Jan 14, 2016 3:05 PM

Aug 2010
Another great episode. Kayo is cute and also pretty interesting :)

I can't remember the last time I watching a mystery anime this good.
Jan 14, 2016 3:05 PM

Apr 2014
Kayo's mother is a filthy scumbag

Jan 14, 2016 3:13 PM

Sep 2011
GPAD said:
--Side note--
Who the heck voted a 1 on the episode? I'm assuming it's probably a troll or somebody who doesn't like the way it's adapted though.

Sadly there seems to be a bunch of people who seem to have made this a hobby of theirs for every show (popular or not) on MAL.
Jan 14, 2016 3:18 PM

Apr 2010
This anime will make me anxious every week.
"maybe nothing in this world happens by accident. As everything happen for a reason, our destiny slowly takes forms..." (Reyleigh, One piece)

Jan 14, 2016 3:19 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Good episode. It was one of those where going back puts everything in perspective, which is why he's so appreciative of his mom. I really liked those scenes.

Man, Hinazuki has it rough. That scene with her mother beating her was brutal. Glad he's able to break through her cold exterior already.

So it looks like he's out to save three people, Hinazuki, his mother, and the older airplane guy who was framed. It should be really interesting.

May 2014
5/5 Best animu of the season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I'm really liking this adaptation so far. The directing is really great. I'm surprised at how well this pacing works yet the overall tone and atmosphere still feels like that of the manga. I think that takes skill to do. The cinematography is beautiful, and I like the choice of changing the aspect ratio, it feels as if I'm watching a live-action film. And the voice overlaps of adult and child Satoru is something that you can't get in the manga, making those scenes more comedic. The second episode almost got rid of all my concerns about the anime adaptation.

It's hard to talk about the episode pretending that I don't know anything, so I'll just leave my comment to praising the directing. I liked the scene when Satoru realizes the importance of the daily life with his mother, that's only something you can appreciate in retrospect, but he gets to experience and treasure those moments again. Also, the OP and ED are great, especially the ED sequence, I really liked the style there.

Also, I agree with stand that adult Satoru sounding like Hosoyan at times :o
Jan 14, 2016 3:23 PM

Aug 2015
Man I'm loving this. 5/5 episode imo.
Jan 14, 2016 3:35 PM

Nov 2014
That was fantastic. I'm already in love with this show. It was so cute
Hi there
Jan 14, 2016 3:45 PM

May 2015
Another fantastic episode. Those visuals and animation are still just as fucking great too. Music too. Hopefully the show will keep this up, because it's amazing so far.

Jan 14, 2016 3:46 PM

Jul 2014
Such engaging yet subtle story telling. I haven't felt anything like this since Steins;Gate. To use of colors, the attention to details, this is truly a gem of a show.
Jan 14, 2016 3:49 PM

Oct 2015
Was curious to see how they would handle the plot of kid Fujinuma for episode 2. All I can say for this episode is well done.

Despite the lack of "thriller" in this episode compared to the first, it didn't need to be. This episode showed that Boku dake can be engaging as ever, as every moment of Fujinuma's thoughts and emotions felt very natural and allows the viewers to relate in a certain way. I'd say that this episode felt movie-esque; the scenery was beautiful as well as the characters coming together to form the plot.
Jan 14, 2016 3:53 PM

Dec 2015
Todd_ said:
Good episode. It was one of those where going back puts everything in perspective, which is why he's so appreciative of his mom. I really liked those scenes.

Man, Hinazuki has it rough. That scene with her mother beating her was brutal. Glad he's able to break through her cold exterior already.

So it looks like he's out to save three people, Hinazuki, his mother, and the older airplane guy who was framed. It should be really interesting.

There is 2 more that you are missing, not sure if they explained it in the first episode, but it should have. I think it says 2 classmates and another girl from a different school. Plus the mom and the Yuuki (guy who was framed).

Amazing second episode. This one was adapted very well. I love the art style, the way they do the inner monologue and outer dialogue overlapping one another with the older/younger voice actor for Satoru. The old school cinematography gives it a very eerie and dark feel to it as well. Definetely a 5/5 for this episode.

On another note I can see how people are saying they are getting Steins;Gate and Higurashi vibes from it. This anime personally gives me a vibe from each one of them. Which is great, since they happen to be my favorite animes :D! When I started reading this manga, it was exactly what I was looking for along those lines, and now I am so excited that the anime is here. I can't wait to next week ahhh!
Jan 14, 2016 3:54 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was fantastic. Great adaption, and great cinematography. The directing and OST is fantastic so far in this series, they both work together wonderfully to create a heavy and effective atmosphere. It felt like a movie!
OP and ED were both excellent, especially that ED by Sayuri.
As a manga reader obviously I know what will happen, but I'm enjoying the ride that the anime will give us, and I can't wait for certain moments to be adapted. Brilliant show so far, let's hope they don't fuck it up somehow...
Jan 14, 2016 3:56 PM

Feb 2008
So glad this show is airing, this has the "it" feeling for this season.

Episode 2 was great and I can't wait for the next episode. Very intrigued as to how his ability works and how saving Kayo affects his Mother.
Jan 14, 2016 3:57 PM
Apr 2015
smackells said:
holypoop said:
I'm just imagining things.. Right?

i'm probably just being paranoid

I saw the same thing. I really hope it isn't true because that would be such a lazy give away.

plus the killer's hair was black
Jan 14, 2016 3:58 PM

Mar 2010
So far this is really interesting. The pacing is great too.
Jan 14, 2016 4:01 PM
Jun 2008
super strong season for anime and best anime of this season is this shows to lose.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Jan 14, 2016 4:12 PM

Feb 2014
the second episode is as good as the first one. my favorite part is how he reacts as a 29 year old to the behaviour of the children.
Jan 14, 2016 4:14 PM

Dec 2014
Animation is good this episode; characters are really expressive. Loved the episode. Wondered when he was going to address his actual age talking with those elementary schoolers.

ED was awesome (got some SSY vibes). OP was also good.
I need sleep.
Jan 14, 2016 4:20 PM

Apr 2014
MC reaction is so different from the time when he was an adult, I can understand that...go back to when you are a kid will be a mess.
Anyway, he is going to prevent his two classmate from getting kill...that might help prevent his mom getting kill as well.
So far so good...but those spoiler on the manga worried lol.
Jan 14, 2016 4:24 PM

May 2014
Pretty... pretty good. I wasn't hyped as hell after the first episode (nor I am right now), but I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I rolled my eyes few times but nah really, was cool.
Jan 14, 2016 4:25 PM

Jan 2014
so good
won't go wrong by following this
the ed is magnificent
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Jan 14, 2016 4:30 PM

Jun 2015
This was really good. Satoru as an adult in the body of a child was interesting and humorous, and the entire episode felt very atmospheric in its calmness. The winter landscape felt palpably cold (maybe it's because there is so much snow where I live right now, lol). Kayo and Kenya are great additions to the cast as well. Now that I think about it, I actually liked this just as much as (if not more than) the first episode.
Jan 14, 2016 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
It keeps getting better, i'm looking foward for new episodes
Jan 14, 2016 4:46 PM
Nov 2013
SansrivaaL said:
holypoop said:

Thought I was the only one being too paranoid over them eyes.

I didn't even think of this, but damn I'm a little worried now.

OP and ED are excellent, I didn't even recognize that the music was done by Kajiura until I heard the ED. Very different from her recent work.

Excellent episode. The abuse scene really hurt my heart, I really hope Satoru can save Kayo and his mother.

Jan 14, 2016 4:47 PM

Jun 2013
the ost tho

the first episode was great but the 2nd episode was so much better
Jan 14, 2016 4:53 PM

Mar 2012
the scenes between his mom destroyed my feels, Hinazaki and Satoru interactions was cute too, THOSE SELF MONOLOGUES THOUGH!!!!
Jan 14, 2016 4:54 PM

Nov 2014
oh my god, the adaptation is really good, please my heart breaks whenever i see kayo is it because i read the manga a few months back, god damn why did you have to show that to me!!!
Jan 14, 2016 4:57 PM

Aug 2011
Yeah,
holypoop said:

you are. It's his friend at age 10 no? He ain't no serial killer.
Jan 14, 2016 4:59 PM

Jun 2015
hayka said:
Yeah,
holypoop said:

you are. It's his friend at age 10 no? He ain't no serial killer.

How do you know? Kids can be pretty fucked up.

I personally don't think it's him, if only because that'd be so lazy if both of them having red eyes was the connection.
Jan 14, 2016 5:02 PM

Aug 2011
Jan 14, 2016 5:19 PM
Jul 2015
jc9622 said:
This episode was goddamn great and I'm surprised since this show is being directed by the same director who directed one of the most hated show on existance. There's also A-1 Pictures, notorious for their pacing issues.

I stilk don't get why the MC's mom has a big fat lips.

Ito is really talented director i mean he was assistant to Hosoda in 2 movies, SAO problem was the writing not the directing.
Jan 14, 2016 5:19 PM

Jul 2010
Tears in my eyes when he read her speech. T_T
Jan 14, 2016 5:21 PM

Nov 2014
Does anyone think that the killer could be the mc? In the op (1:36) when the mc was in the background while airi, kayo, and his mom are standing together, then suddenly his face turned old and bore an evil grin, the glasses didnt change, which looks the same as the killer, so maybe the killer is the mc when he's older.
moodie said:
First of all i love the change of aspect ratio it changes when he is in the past compared to when a story is being narrated (essay story). They even explicitly show us what it was trying to do with the film strip. This type of direction is done by a fantastic director indeed. Obviously though with a smaller aspect ration they can fill in more detail with less work so it looks good but its also a bit of a short cut. Nevertheless i don't mind it in fact i love it even more.

I dont get what the fuck u r talking about
ExTamplier said:
Only 10 more episodes to go..
Guys, ignore discussion threads, they will only be full of spoilers.

Not all the spoilers are true though. They are just trying to lead u away from the truth.
Kinzo said:
That means episode 8 is the inevitable beach fanservice episode, right?

Indeed, in OPM eps 8 sonic was naked.
hayka said:

Ea he and the killer both have black hair.
ttcchenJan 19, 2016 10:44 AM
Jan 14, 2016 5:22 PM

Jul 2013
Another solid episode, I was a little worried about all the characters being 9 y/o's, but it worked out ok.
Jan 14, 2016 5:34 PM
Jul 2012
My only problem with this series is that quite a few series this year with the whole (re)aspect although I should enjoy them all if they are properly adapted like this. So far AOTS
Jan 14, 2016 5:41 PM

Apr 2014
ttcchen said:
Does anyone think that the killer could be the mc? In the op (1:36) when the mc was in the background while airi, kayo, and his mom are standing together, then suddenly his face turned old and bore an evil grin, the glasses didnt change, which looks the same as the killer, so maybe the killer is the mc when he's older.
moodie said:
First of all i love the change of aspect ratio it changes when he is in the past compared to when a story is being narrated (essay story). They even explicitly show us what it was trying to do with the film strip. This type of direction is done by a fantastic director indeed. Obviously though with a smaller aspect ration they can fill in more detail with less work so it looks good but its also a bit of a short cut. Nevertheless i don't mind it in fact i love it even more.

I dont get what the fuck u r talking about
i dont expect ppl to

aspect ratios and anime is something most anime fans dont understand
Jan 14, 2016 5:50 PM
Oct 2012
ttcchen said:

Like the thinking you did there, good job.

The major problem I see is that the murderer can physically travel back in time, whereas the MC can only psychically travel back in time. So to be true it means that sometime after being 29, the MC either invents or gets access to a time machine. Possible, but that would overly-rely on the viewer's willingness to suspend disbelief (first because the MC is unmotivated as a 29 year old, second what are the chances that there are two totally different ways of time traveling available to the same character).

But there are some things that supports it. In the first episode the "villain" noticed that the mother noticed and recognized him, thus he had to kill her. That the mother would just "happen" to come across him stretches imagination, unless there was a connection such as your theory. I put "villain" in parenthesis because I think it may be too early to say that person IS the killer, indeed there is the chance that the "villain" actually abducts the children to save them from the murderer.

So these credit imagines may be red herrings, there could be two (or more) people involved, each playing a chess game through time travel (i.e. doing things to change the future of the other person). That is the direction I hope this show goes in.
Jan 14, 2016 5:54 PM

Jan 2011
man this show is holding my interest real good,episode went by quick

also thought the pacing and direction was really well done compared to the first episode.

really doe kenya is way to smart for a 6 grader lol
Jan 14, 2016 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
Why this is going to be a really good show. Plus the art style is beautiful!
Jan 14, 2016 6:09 PM

Dec 2015
Beautiful follow up episode. Liking the opening and the animation used for it.
Becoming more intrigued with this show by the minute, so many questions and theories going through my mind as I watch it.
Great show so far and really looking forward to the next episode.

Jan 14, 2016 6:28 PM

Nov 2011
It's really hard to not just go and read the manga, even if it doesn't answer much.
I wish I had the strength to wait for this to finish so I could marathon, but unfortunately I'll have weekly sufferings.
Baby, daijobanai...
Jan 14, 2016 6:29 PM

Jan 2008
So
is the killer from the looks of it, going by the similarity in clothes.

the first two episodes were simply amazing. The opening, endings, Kajiura Yuki handling the music, the art...everything is just so brilliantly done. I can't wait for the next episode. It's like a darker, more mature version of Detective Conan with the two main characters paralleling Conan and Haibara. I'm loving all of it so far. In fact, I almost thought Hinazuki was voiced by Hayashibara Megumi with how similar both their characters and voices were. Speaking of Hinazuki, her voice actress is apparently also slated to be in Gyakuten Saiban (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) anime adaption in spring! I'm honestly surprised such a popular franchise didn't get an adaption sooner.

Trivia: Takayama Minami, the voice of Conan (in Detective Conan) and singer for Two-Mix, is voicing Satoru's mom in this anime.

Note: I'd advise against reading the Wiki for Erased (excluding manga readers) because all the character bios spoil pretty much everything...rather disheartening.
Estoy_GordoJan 14, 2016 6:56 PM
Jan 14, 2016 6:42 PM

Sep 2015
Just watching the OP gave me goosebumps

Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.