Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 63 64 [65]
Dec 30, 2016 10:02 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@Serenity5iren please change your settings to allow private message. You need to fix some thing in your form.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 31, 2016 1:23 AM

Apr 2014
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Something small please like a movie or 2-6 eps of anything
» Watch an anime with less than 10k/25k/45k completed members (hard/medium/easy)

Help finding something small under 12eps, under that if possible as well
Dec 31, 2016 1:51 AM

Apr 2011
Mr_Perv_ said:
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Something small please like a movie or 2-6 eps of anything
» Watch an anime with less than 10k/25k/45k completed members (hard/medium/easy)

Help finding something small under 12eps, under that if possible as well

For the first, try a short like Strange+ or Senyuu. They're each under 5 minutes per episode.

For the second, try Wild 7. It's a 2 episode OVA from the 90s. I think I watched it on Youtube. Alternatively, try the dementia genre. A lot of of stuff in there seems to have less than 1000 completions and there are loads of experimental (i.e. short movies) in there.
Dec 31, 2016 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
SheyCroix said:
@Serenity5iren please change your settings to allow private message. You need to fix some thing in your form.

Oh man, I'm sorry; I just saw this recently. It's probably too late at this point but I enabled PM settings.
Jan 1, 2017 4:31 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Serenity5iren said:
SheyCroix said:

Oh man, I'm sorry; I just saw this recently. It's probably too late at this point but I enabled PM settings.

Tried again but to no avail. It says you don't have them enabled or to friends only

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 1, 2017 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
SheyCroix said:
Serenity5iren said:

Tried again but to no avail. It says you don't have them enabled or to friends only

When is the Challenge ending by the way?
Jan 1, 2017 4:45 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@puraragi any time now, it's a matter of waiting for a staff to lock the thread.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 1, 2017 10:13 AM

Jun 2007
The following will be a list of users that finished the challenge (after Dec 19, 11:25 AM UTC-4) and had only their sign-up form revised.
This only includes that the titles selected actually fit the with the specific item.
Given that I didn't have enough time, I didn't check their anime list to confirm the details (dates and the anime actually being there).

Hey @SheyCroix, thanks again for your hard work. I just have a few questions about what you wrote. My username is in the part 3 list - are we the ones you contacted for revisions? And what do you mean by "This only includes that the titles selected actually fit the with the specific item"?

And when you say you didn't check our lists, do you mean you didn't re-check our revisions or you didn't check thoroughly?
^_^
Jan 1, 2017 10:20 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
jet2r0cks said:
Hey @SheyCroix, thanks again for your hard work. I just have a few questions about what you wrote. My username is in the part 3 list - are we the ones you contacted for revisions? And what do you mean by "This only includes that the titles selected actually fit the with the specific item"?

And when you say you didn't check our lists, do you mean you didn't re-check our revisions or you didn't check thoroughly?

Everyone that had something to fix was contacted for revisions.
As stated, those added to " part 3 " had only their sign-up revised to check the anime used fits with what that specific item asks for. It also mean that given the time left I didn't check the anime list, meaning that I didn't compare the sign up form with the anime list to see if they actually watched or not the anime used, neither if they watched it during the challenge period. This was something done for everyone else part of part 1 and part 2.

If someone had revisions, yes, I checked the forms to see the change reflected there.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 1, 2017 11:33 AM

Jul 2012
Finished the easy challenge just before the New Year (when Hibike S2 ended) and i should say it was hard for me, well i did expect it, but it was even harder. I'm mostly following the new seasons so in the end was scraping all the watched stuff. Finally watched Barakamon that was on my waiting list for quite a long time and it was really good (great) as people say, and i think today a lot of comedy shows are just meh and Barakamon is fairly old. Tried to conitnue the manga, but the different character design was such a turn off for me, mb i should've started with the manga, but after i watched it i think that Miwa's character looks so differently good and beatiful.
Props to the people who are completing medium and hard, i started my "anime career" kinda late so was on the catch up train and was watching quite a lot of stuff which most of them/half/quarter now would've just skipped. But now that i watched it i view it as an experience and my watched number is pretty high (at least i think so) which is a self-satisfaction i guess :D.
And thanks to people who are doing these challenges, was pretty interesting and i'll probably participate again and mb even try to complete medium (the year seems pretty promising). And i think i will/might try manga challenge (for some reason i think that it might be easier for me as i follow quite a lot of stuff).
And Happy New Year everyone!
Jan 1, 2017 11:53 AM
Sep 2014
Sorry, I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, I'm kinda new to the forums.. but is there gonna be another one of these this year? I didn't find out about this until it was too late and it seems really fun! ^^

Also happy new year!
Jan 1, 2017 3:00 PM

Feb 2014
Jounin_Katie said:
Sorry, I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, I'm kinda new to the forums.. but is there gonna be another one of these this year? I didn't find out about this until it was too late and it seems really fun! ^^

Also happy new year!

Yes, last years sing up threads were posted in January 5, so this year is probably gonna be the same, you can already start watching anime/reading manga tho.
Jan 2, 2017 1:45 AM

Jun 2007
SheyCroix said:
jet2r0cks said:

Everyone that had something to fix was contacted for revisions.
As stated, those added to " part 3 " had only their sign-up revised to check the anime used fits with what that specific item asks for. It also mean that given the time left I didn't check the anime list, meaning that I didn't compare the sign up form with the anime list to see if they actually watched or not the anime used, neither if they watched it during the challenge period. This was something done for everyone else part of part 1 and part 2.

If someone had revisions, yes, I checked the forms to see the change reflected there.

So those in part 1 and 2 didn't need revisions at all?
^_^
Jan 2, 2017 4:49 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
jet2r0cks said:
So those in part 1 and 2 didn't need revisions at all?
of course they did, and some quite a lot. The difference lies in that for them I went to check every single anime used for the challenge in their anime list (titles completed and start/end date).

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 2, 2017 7:39 AM

Aug 2013
After failing miserably at completing the 2016 challenge; do you guys think its fair to use stuff that I haven't even touched for this year version?
Jan 2, 2017 8:38 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
jhoson14 said:
After failing miserably at completing the 2016 challenge; do you guys think its fair to use stuff that I haven't even touched for this year version?

by that you mean anime you wanted to use but didn't start watching?

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 2, 2017 9:50 AM

Nov 2015
Thanks for the great work SheyCroix! :)
Jan 2, 2017 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
SheyCroix said:
by that you mean anime you wanted to use but didn't start watching?

Yes, just had then listed for the challenge. But haven't started or seen any episode at all.
Jan 2, 2017 10:22 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Phil_Murray said:
Thanks for the great work SheyCroix! :)

(^_^)/

jhoson14 said:
Yes, just had then listed for the challenge. But haven't started or seen any episode at all.

There shouldn't be any complain if it's like that. I plan to do the same with some I listed for the manga challenge but didn't have the time to actually read them.
SheyCroixJan 2, 2017 8:00 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 2, 2017 12:46 PM

Feb 2015
The last days went by so fast that I didn't have time to post the separate turn-in form for my participation so is there a possibility to do that anymore since the thread is now closed?
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Jan 2, 2017 1:50 PM

Apr 2011
xXAnimefanXxx said:
The last days went by so fast that I didn't have time to post the separate turn-in form for my participation so is there a possibility to do that anymore since the thread is now closed?
The challenge for 2016 is over as the thread is locked. If you failed to complete it or forgot to turn in your form, you failed the challenge.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 2, 2017 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
Is there going to be an Anime Watching Challenge 2017? Can't find any info about it.
Jan 2, 2017 3:18 PM

Oct 2007
Lixaxy said:
Is there going to be an Anime Watching Challenge 2017? Can't find any info about it.

Yes, but its not been posted yet. The 2016 one wasn't posted until the 5th, so I wouldn't expect the 2017 one until then this year. It takes quite a lot to organise.
Jan 2, 2017 6:04 PM

Apr 2008
Here's hoping that 2017's has some more unique challenges rather than just being 80% the previous year's challenges.
Jan 3, 2017 10:38 AM

Apr 2009
Wallflower said:
Queeg_500 said:
For this year's challenge can you use anime where you've already seen 1-2 eps? I have a bunch of anime where I've just seen the first episode and decided to save them for later, and I wouldn't mind using a few.
I imagine the answer will be no If you started them in 2016 as that's how the rules worked for it in the past.
Would re-watching from the start make it possible to count?
Jan 3, 2017 11:35 AM

Jan 2013
RulenneClarissa said:
Wallflower said:
I imagine the answer will be no If you started them in 2016 as that's how the rules worked for it in the past.
Would re-watching from the start make it possible to count?
I think yes, but the start date on your list entry should still be the current year????
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 63 64 [65]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

17 by Serafos »»
50 seconds ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

44 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
5 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

62 by -YaoiBoy- »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 5 hours ago

14 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
8 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 27 minutes ago

4 by Nemo_Niemand »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.