Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 33 34 [35] 36 37 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2016 12:42 AM

Oct 2013
namea said:
Miranko said:
I think I'm going to give this a go. Would anyone be kind enough to offer me my recs for this so I can get started in this lovely long journey? I think I like that a few series are up to someone else to suggest. Makes this even more interesting of a project

I can give you tips for some challenges using your PTW list.
» Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher - Bakuman
» Watch a Mystery, Thriller or Psychological anime - Mawaru Penguindrum
» Watch an anime three-cours (or more) in length - Monster
» Watch an anime that started airing the same season you joined MAL - Nagi no Asukara
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1991 and 2000 - Neon Genesis Evangelion
» Watch an anime adapted from a novel, light novel or video game - NHK ni Youkoso!
» Watch an anime with adults as the main cast - Psycho Pass
» Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships - Tiger & Bunny

You should really watch these. There's more, but it's more fun when you search for anime fitting to challenges, I think, so give it a go~

As for » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant, I recommend:
Shirobako
Kuragehime
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Higurashi
Death Parade
I hope you'll like some, it's mix of pretty different themes and genres. You can use them for different challenges, if you want. Shirobako is award-winning work, for example.

Some of those have definitely already made it onto my list (some I can't use because I was lazy with my records and have already watched or started them) Thank you so much!

I apologize for the confusion I'd just meant a recommendation for the 'needs a recommended anime from another participant' part. I agree that most of the fun is going searching for new things to add to the challenge list :D

Thank you again for the suggestions though! I like them - monster is a good long series suggestion since I was recently thinking about starting it too. I'm thinking of going with Death Parade from your suggestions, or Shirobako (both things I'd debated watching - right now my biggest debate is what to watch first ^.~)

I've read Higurashi and Bakuman and they are wonderful. This is the first time I've really come out of the lurking on here so this should be fun to do something that has some actual participation on MAL
Mar 13, 2016 4:12 AM

Jul 2014
Gakuen Alice counts as an anime with children right?

AkkaAkka said:
What are some good anime with blond protagonists? I've been recommended Kiniro Mosaic but I figured I should check out all my options first.

Don't know what you've seen, but Uchouten Kazoku, Medaka Box, Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches and Trigun are good.
Mar 13, 2016 5:22 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Can someone recommend me an anime where the cast is all adults.
I know of Black Lagoon, Baccano and Gangsta.
But wanna see what else is out there.

"πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πš’πš‘ πšπš›πš’πš—πš”πšœ πšŠπš—πš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšπšŽ πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ."
β˜† π™°πš—πš’πš–πšŽ π™»πš’πšœπš β˜†
β˜† πš…π™½π™³πš‹ β˜†
β˜† π™±πšŠπšŒπš”πš•πš˜πšπšπšŽπš›πš’ β˜†
Mar 13, 2016 6:04 AM

Oct 2008
Hi guyz!
Could you help me to fill these criteria?

» Watch an anime with adults as the main cast
» Watch an anime with children as the main cast (I guess high school charas are no longer children XD)
» Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

HERE the link to my challenge and HERE the link to my anime list, if you need them :)

AkkaAkka said:
What are some good anime with blond protagonists? I've been recommended Kiniro Mosaic but I figured I should check out all my options first.

I rec you Shigatsu wa kimi no uso, Nijiiro days (a comedy slice of life about four bestfriends), Gensomaiden Saiyuuki, Love stage!! or Princess Princess :)
Lady_NeraMar 13, 2016 6:27 AM
"AI WA QUARTETβ˜…NIGHT!"
Mar 13, 2016 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
Lady_Nera said:
Hi guyz!
Could you help me to fill these criteria?

» Watch an anime with adults as the main cast
» Watch an anime with children as the main cast (I guess high school charas are no longer children XD)
» Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

HERE the link to my challenge and HERE the link to my anime list, if you need them :)

» Watch an anime with adults as the main cast Black Lagoon
» Watch an anime with children as the main cast Non Non Biyori
» Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Mar 13, 2016 8:39 AM

Jul 2009
@Miranko Death Parade was interesting psychological show, I think you will like it. Shirobako was a little chaotic (at first) because of huge cast, but it becomes very enjoyable as you keep watching. I mean, who doesn't want to know how anime is created? ^^ Good luck with the challenge. Have fun~ If you come across something really good, drop me a recommendation.

OmegaOtaku said:
Can someone recommend me an anime where the cast is all adults.
I know of Black Lagoon, Baccano and Gangsta.
But wanna see what else is out there.

There's plenty of good and interesting shows:
Ghost in the Shell
Psycho-Pass
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Kuragehime
Nodame Cantabile
Detroit Metal City (really crazy comedy)
Maybe something will be to your liking~

@Lady_Nera ^ Suggestions for » Watch an anime with adults as the main cast, I think you would enjoy Kuragehime. Or try Baccano, it's unconventional, classic, with awesome characters. You'll be confused at the beginning, but eventually all the questions and mysteries will be solved.
Mar 13, 2016 8:48 AM

Oct 2008
@jstn18 and @namea Thank you for your advise and rec! :D
I will check them ^^
"AI WA QUARTETβ˜…NIGHT!"
Mar 13, 2016 9:22 AM

Jan 2016
Ughh, I must be one of those users who've been here too much to count...

I'll need some help with this as I'm bit confused now, some say I should put the word into the search bar and pick the first anime. Other say I should watch an anime where they shout a lot, while a third part says I should watch an anime where "Shout" is in the title itself. Which is the correct one?

It's for the following challenge:
Choose an anime from the predictive search using a generated random word
For this challenge what is required? Like which kind of anime do I need to watch for this?

Also, the word I got for the challenge was SHOUT.
Mar 13, 2016 9:46 AM

Jul 2009
@KMH
Nikechu said:
Ughh, I must be one of those users who've been here too much to count...

I'll need some help with this as I'm bit confused now, some say I should put the word into the search bar and pick the first anime. Other say I should watch an anime where they shout a lot, while a third part says I should watch an anime where "Shout" is in the title itself. Which is the correct one?

It's for the following challenge:
Choose an anime from the predictive search using a generated random word
For this challenge what is required? Like which kind of anime do I need to watch for this?

Also, the word I got for the challenge was SHOUT.

You can use any show that pops out in predictive search when you type in the word you got. It doesn't have to be the first one on the list, it doesn't have to contain the word in the title, but it's supposed to be one of those that show up in menu. For "shout" it would be one of these:
Mar 13, 2016 9:50 AM

Jan 2016
namea said:
@KMH

Thank you for the reply, does this include all results for shout as well?
Mar 13, 2016 9:53 AM

Jul 2009
Nikechu said:
namea said:
@KMH

Thank you for the reply, does this include all results for shout as well?

I believe not, because that's not a predictive search anymore. There are 10 shows to choose from in predictive search.
Mar 13, 2016 9:54 AM

Jan 2016
Thanks @namea for all the help, I'll pick an anime from the predictive search then.

One more thing, I did watch one of the anime from the predictive search in 2016, but that was before I submitted my challenge, can I just put it in the challenge then as completed?
Mar 13, 2016 9:59 AM

Jul 2009
Nikechu said:
Thanks @namea for all the help, I'll pick an anime from the predictive search then.

One more thing, I did watch one of the anime from the predictive search in 2016, but that was before I submitted my challenge, can I just put it in the challenge then as completed?

You're welcome and yep, of course you can. You can use any anime that you started to watch this year, starting 1st January, for this challenge.
Mar 13, 2016 1:27 PM
Nov 2015
Is it possible to add an anime that I've already watched to the challenge list if I re-watch it?
Mar 13, 2016 2:17 PM

Oct 2014
Darth_Shaik said:
Is it possible to add an anime that I've already watched to the challenge list if I re-watch it?
You should avoid this as much as possible, but if you've already watched everything that fits the challenge that exists in your preferred translation type (dub, sub, raw) or the only anime that fit the challenge that you haven't seen you are completely opposed to watching then you may rewatch an anime that fits that challenge. There is a challenge dedicated to rewatching anime. The challenge is about getting out of your comfort zone so you shouldn't rewatch anything for it unless you have to.
Mar 13, 2016 4:00 PM

Sep 2015
Darth_Shaik said:

I guess so. But why would you do that? (’へ’οΌ‰
I personally thought that the whole point of this challenge is to watch anime that otherwise you wouldn't normally watch.

My advice is, and you could disregard this, to get out of your own "Box". If you do that, my assumption is that you'll probably be pleased by a handful of unusual animes that are out there waiting to be watched.

You already know your 'frontyard' like the palm of your hands, no need to take another look.
Cross the fence and discover new land :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2016 10:39 PM

Jul 2014
vikki7783 said:

bumping this question.

Also can someone give me some recommendations for award-winning anime?
Mar 13, 2016 10:56 PM

Oct 2014
vikki7783 said:
vikki7783 said:

bumping this question.

Also can someone give me some recommendations for award-winning anime?
Yes, as they are all under 12.

Tsumiki no Ie has won an award.
Mar 14, 2016 7:46 AM

Apr 2011
Pkfire0 said:

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu is pretty good minus the ending.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou is a historical anime I really liked

Seitokai Yakuindomo is really funny

Nice, thanks! I'll have to check them out.
Mar 14, 2016 7:23 PM

Apr 2011
Lady_Nera said:

I rec you Shigatsu wa kimi no uso, Nijiiro days (a comedy slice of life about four bestfriends), Gensomaiden Saiyuuki, Love stage!! or Princess Princess :)

vikki7783 said:

Don't know what you've seen, but Uchouten Kazoku, Medaka Box, Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches and Trigun are good.

Thanks for all these suggestions, I'll add them to my PTW :)
Mar 14, 2016 7:50 PM

Jan 2016
Can someone recommend me something for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant", please?

Preferably 1 cour, comedy/slice of life, something lighthearted, no romance...

Thanks!
Mar 14, 2016 7:54 PM

Jul 2009
NotEmily said:
Can someone recommend me something for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant", please?

Thanks!

I think you'll enjoy Natsume Yuujinchou or K-on! ^^
Mar 14, 2016 7:56 PM

Jan 2015
NotEmily said:

Thanks!

The Devil is a Part-Timer (Comedy)

Working!! (SOL/Comedy little bit of romance but not until the 2nd and 3rd seasons)

Ben-To (Comedy)
Mar 14, 2016 8:09 PM

Jan 2016
namea said:
NotEmily said:

Thanks!

I think you'll enjoy Natsume Yuujinchou or K-on! ^^

K-on! will be perfect. *-*
Thank you!
Mar 14, 2016 8:16 PM

Jan 2016
Pkfire0 said:
NotEmily said:

Thanks!

The Devil is a Part-Timer (Comedy)

Working!! (SOL/Comedy little bit of romance but not until the 2nd and 3rd seasons)

Ben-To (Comedy)

Ben-To sounds hilarious! I'll definitely give it a try ...
Thank you! ^^
Mar 15, 2016 4:10 AM

Oct 2008
NotEmily said:

Thanks!

Kimi to Boku or Princess Princess ^^
"AI WA QUARTETβ˜…NIGHT!"
Mar 15, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2016
Lady_Nera said:
NotEmily said:

Thanks!

Kimi to Boku or Princess Princess ^^

I've already watched Princess Princess and I really liked it. I'll check Kimi to Boku! Thank you. ^^
Mar 15, 2016 7:09 PM

Aug 2009
So...if I started the challenge today, can I still use the airing anime from this season for the challenge (since they aired during the challenge time and therefore I must have watched them during the challenge time)?
Or do they not count since I started watching them before I signed up for the challenge?
Mar 16, 2016 7:33 AM

Aug 2015
XengRyu said:
Help me please! Anyone can tell what's invalid in my list? Here's the link. Thanks!

From an aesthetic point of view, its really difficult to read your list because its only one color; might try 2 colors at least, or even better, include the link for each Anime that you watched so that we can easily click and open the respective page.

Here's the link to my sign up post, just to give you a quick example:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=1000#msg44199698
Mar 16, 2016 12:50 PM

Mar 2013
XengRyu said:
Help me please! Anyone can tell what's invalid in my list? Here's the link. Thanks!

A Samurai isn't considered a professional in his field.

Edit: wait, is it? Idk...at first I was like "that's ridiculous" but then I started thinking about it and a samurai is just a soldier from his time period.
Mar 16, 2016 5:35 PM

Oct 2013
Quick question. Alien 9 counts for series of young children? I only could find info that they're all 6th graders.

Also what is a good romance focused series? It seems most everything is under the romance tag on here, and without looking farther into each series to learn what it's like (which invites spoilers) I figured I'd try and ask here :)

Much appreciated!

Also possible help with main character that is not Japanese? I'm thinking of operating under the restriction of Japanese in general (including Japanese demons and youkai) just to make it a bit harder but I'm not sure what to aim for series wise. Thanks!
Mar 16, 2016 5:47 PM

Aug 2013
Miranko said:
Quick question. Alien 9 counts for series of young children? I only could find info that they're all 6th graders.

Also what is a good romance focused series? It seems most everything is under the romance tag on here, and without looking farther into each series to learn what it's like (which invites spoilers) I figured I'd try and ask here :)

Much appreciated!

Also possible help with main character that is not Japanese? I'm thinking of operating under the restriction of Japanese in general (including Japanese demons and youkai) just to make it a bit harder but I'm not sure what to aim for series wise. Thanks!

A good romance series is Aa Megami-sama! but is 24 episodes long, if you don't mind it being a bit long I truly recommend it.
For the non japanese MC I'd say Zero no Tsukaima, while the male MC is japanese the female one is from another planet, and it's the equivalent of an european noble, certainly not japanese.

Even though I cannot help with Alien 9 as I know nothing about it, the rule is that the main cast has to be made of children under 12 and if that's the case it should be fine
Mar 16, 2016 5:47 PM

Feb 2013
Miranko said:

Much appreciated!

Some good romance focused shows:
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Some shows with non Japanese MCs that are still set on Earth:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (first season)
Hellsing
Hetalia (haha)
Mar 16, 2016 6:19 PM

Jul 2009
Miranko said:

6th graders in Japan are 11-12 years old, so it fits. You can use it~
Mar 16, 2016 9:46 PM

Mar 2013
@XengRyu

I guess as long as he isn't a ronin, it's fine?
Mar 17, 2016 2:42 AM

Aug 2013
Curse you Stardew Valley.

My plans of completing the anime challenge at hard is stalled. Was supposed to have watched at least 40% of it by now...

100hours+ already spent on it .-. And I cant bring myself to stop playing it T-T

To keep on topic can some one suggest me " Watch an anime with children as the main cast " 10+ episodes ,20min plus episodes , 2015 or before.
Mar 17, 2016 6:38 AM

Aug 2015
XengRyu said:
Puchkov said:

From an aesthetic point of view, its really difficult to read your list because its only one color; might try 2 colors at least, or even better, include the link for each Anime that you watched so that we can easily click and open the respective page.

Here's the link to my sign up post, just to give you a quick example:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=1000#msg44199698

Thanks! take a look again please! ヽ(>∀<β˜†)γƒŽ

Your list now looks way better! All the entries that you used are fine, and the only comment that I would make is for Stranger Mukou Hadan; so the MC is a Ronin, which means that he is a Samurai with no Lord/Master (huge difference between Samurai and Ronin).

Depending on the time period, a Ronin is considered a Samurai with no Lord (1185–1868) and after the Meiji Restoration (1868), the term Ronin is used to describe a freelancer or wandering man.
Mar 17, 2016 9:56 AM

Jan 2016
Would Lala from To Love-Ru count as a non-human even though she looks like a human except she's from another world and has a tail?
Mar 17, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2009
jhoson14 said:
To keep on topic can some one suggest me " Watch an anime with children as the main cast " 10+ episodes ,20min plus episodes , 2015 or before.

Fantastic Children
Gakuen Alice
Bokurano - I really recommend this one, though they are 13, I'm not sure if that pass as there's "They will be considered children if they aren't older than 12 years old (until 14 is accepted as a special exception)" in rules.
Nikechu said:
Would Lala from To Love-Ru count as a non-human even though she looks like a human except she's from another world and has a tail?

She's an alien, so yes.
Mar 17, 2016 11:01 AM

Jan 2016
Thanks @namea, you're helpful as always and sorry if I'm turning into a bothersome fella :/

Also I don't know if I'm allowed to do this, but I've been watching anime that have several seasons and added them to my anime watching list.

γ€€» Watch an anime with adults as the main cast: Psycho-Pass

And then I've been watching the second season for
γ€€» Watch a Sci-Fi, Space or Mecha anime: Psycho-Pass 2

Am I allowed to do this? Only restriction that I found in the anime watching challenge rules are the one that says I am not allowed to use the same anime for different challenges, however this isn't the same anime, but a sequel.
Mar 17, 2016 11:35 AM

Jul 2009
Nikechu said:
Thanks @namea, you're helpful as always and sorry if I'm turning into a bothersome fella :/

Also I don't know if I'm allowed to do this, but I've been watching anime that have several seasons and added them to my anime watching list.

Am I allowed to do this? Only restriction that I found in the anime watching challenge rules are the one that says I am not allowed to use the same anime for different challenges, however this isn't the same anime, but a sequel.

You're not troublesome at all, I actually enjoy helping/talking with people about the challenge. It's part of the fun ^-^

You can use several seasons for challenge, even OVA, specials...As long as they have their own entry in database, anything's fine.
Now I wonder how many challenges could be filled by entries from one franchise, hmm. Pokemon or Gundam would be good candidates :D
Mar 17, 2016 12:08 PM

Jan 2016
namea said:

Now I wonder how many challenges could be filled by entries from one franchise, hmm. Pokemon or Gundam would be good candidates :D

Haven't seen Gundam so idk about that.

Pokemon though, lots of them would fit in, like movie, ova, action, fantasy and so on.

Again thanks for the help and sadly I'm more into anime recommendations/forum games when it comes to the forum.
Mar 17, 2016 12:36 PM
Jun 2011
Nikechu said:

And then I've been watching the second season fo

If you think that'll be what's best for your completing the challenge, sure! Not repeating franchises/minimizing franchise repetition means you can use the challenge to log a higher diversity of experiences.

But 11 episodes make a show, and your particular examples Psycho-Pass 1 and 2 have their share of creative differences. Either way is fine.
Mar 17, 2016 12:54 PM

Oct 2014
namea said:
Nikechu said:

You're not troublesome at all, I actually enjoy helping/talking with people about the challenge. It's part of the fun ^-^

You can use several seasons for challenge, even OVA, specials...As long as they have their own entry in database, anything's fine.
CLAMPVerse:

I think you get the point. Not all of the entries can be filled out with this franchise, but I think you could complete the medium challenge with it.
Mar 17, 2016 2:50 PM

Mar 2016
Anybody got a quality ONA for me? Thinking of starting the 2016 challenge.
Mar 17, 2016 2:56 PM

Mar 2013
Veredin said:

Eve No Jikan
Kimi to Boku
Inferno Cop
Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold.
Mar 17, 2016 3:00 PM

Mar 2016
AudioTsunami said:
Veredin said:

Eve No Jikan
Kimi to Boku
Inferno Cop
Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold.

Inferno Cop and quality? :P Hmmmm.

I think I'll take Eve No Jikan. Looks promising from the synopsis.
Mar 17, 2016 3:46 PM

Mar 2013
@Veredin

Inferno Cop is very good for the first 6 eps or so. It's just not a 20 minute joke. but not that many jokes are.
Mar 17, 2016 3:49 PM

Mar 2016
AudioTsunami said:
@Veredin

Inferno Cop is very good for the first 6 eps or so. It's just not a 20 minute joke. but not that many jokes are.

Fair enough. I might be judging it too much off its successor Ninja Slayer.
Mar 17, 2016 4:27 PM

Oct 2014
Veredin said:
AudioTsunami said:
@Veredin

Fair enough. I might be judging it too much off its successor Ninja Slayer.
Inferno Cop and Glasslip are bad for two different reasons: Inferno Cop has fairly good writing, but the animation and sound quality is equivalent to what a group of 12 year olds could do. Glasslip has very high quality animation and sound, but the characters are flat and the story goes nowhere. Even though Inferno Cop looks like cardboard cutouts stop-framed with a poorly done voiceover, the jokes are well done and it's actually the better anime of the two.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 33 34 [35] 36 37 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Yearly reminder that Lenalee Lee reinvented battle shounen girls

Catalano - Yesterday

14 by LeonhartAugust »»
8 minutes ago

» Lifespan of an Anime fan? ( 1 2 )

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

71 by perseii »»
13 minutes ago

» Why do so many people hate a show because of one character?

ZeroMajor12 - May 20

15 by perseii »»
31 minutes ago

» Why do so many people still shove anime through interpolaiton AI? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - May 19

62 by Theo1899 »»
46 minutes ago

» What do you think about this Gentleman

Makoto_Yuri - May 5

3 by Jackof-allspades »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.