Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 6, 2015 5:01 PM

Dec 2011
kaimax said:
I've been saying this everytime, If you can't stand the way the anime is going You can
1. Endure it
2. Keep it on hold and wait for when it finishes airing
3. Shut up, Rate this a 1 and Drop it.

Speaking of how this is adapted, this is actually quite good, one example the Scene where Haku fell, and grab The female thief was in the game, and even has it's own CG scene.
whether you like it or not is totally up to you, but claiming that this is a bad adaptation when one has not even played the game is BULLSHIT.

Wow, so you told the viewers to shut up when they state a negative opinion about the show? Nice~

Also, i'm not saying this series is a bad adaptation (i don't even play the game, why do i even bring it into the topic), i'm just saying the anime's way to introduce their character is lacking, that's it.

If i may compare this to another SoL, maybe Kiniro Mosaic. No war, only cute girls doing cute things, but at least they can make me intrigued for the next episode. Well, Uta S2 able to do this too, but not for the latest episode.
Dec 6, 2015 7:02 PM

Jun 2008
Chendroshee said:
kaimax said:
I've been saying this everytime, If you can't stand the way the anime is going You can
1. Endure it
2. Keep it on hold and wait for when it finishes airing
3. Shut up, Rate this a 1 and Drop it.

Wow, so you told the viewers to shut up when they state a negative opinion about the show? Nice~

Because they're wasting their time, and it's much easier to just drop it and rate it a 1 if that can satisfy their ego.

Also, i'm not saying this series is a bad adaptation (i don't even play the game, why do i even bring it into the topic), i'm just saying the anime's way to introduce their character is lacking, that's it.

I'm addressing a previous poster where they say "the adaptation is bad", while they have never establish themselves as someone who has played the game in this whole forum.

Also people, When we say we compare this to S;G, it's for how the plot unfolds and there were actual people who did the same kind of complaints, with the earlier parts that seems random and not connected. We are not comparing this plot-wise, story- wise or character-wise. Boht me and Fai was there in the forums witnessing these complainers.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 6, 2015 10:32 PM

Jul 2007
Kaetokiha said:
Fai said:

Yes, lets just forget that original stuffed 52 episodes worth of plot into 26, was completely biased towards Erurshit and second half of it was quite a mess.

Also no. Establishing the group's relationship with Anju is important. Establishing the way they interact is important. Introducing the Thief Siblings is important.

Disagree with you. The pace of the first anime was much better than this one and it actually showed almost everything from the original Visual Novel (i read it too). The first series was able to build things between characters faster and in a more enjoyable way.
The first anime didn't need to use 10 episodes to make me care for the characters.

Itsuwari no Kamen has a very bad pace with episodes being mostly fillers without any meaningful content.

So you mean removing most of lore and backstories(so most of the second half of the show is just W T F), stuffing insufferable Errurshit into stories she is not supposed to be in, truncating the main character's backstory itself, covering entire story arcs in 1-2 episode span(ex: Karura story) or outright ERASING Yuzuha's story, is now defined as "great"?....K.

See, you are claiming most episodes are fillers without meaningful content but you DONT know that. I can easily take any show that has a build up phase and claims something in it "is pointless filler".
Dec 6, 2015 11:39 PM
Jul 2018
Jeebus, you guys take anime way too seriously. Never mind the fucking VN, the first season, the lore. You either enjoy the characters or you don't.

Arguing about it isn't going to change each others minds. I always imagine this is what a Trekkie convention would be like. Bunch of guys arguing over fiction.

Fapping over at exhentai would be better use of your time...
Dec 7, 2015 12:57 AM
May 2015
Haku and Noble thief just found themselves in the sewers.

Runtie can really draw yaoi stuff
Dec 7, 2015 1:56 AM

Jan 2013
The thing that carried this series for me at he beginning was the dynamic between Haku and Kuon.
Now it has become a "woah look at all these cute animal girls we have!" kind of show.

Quite disappointing but blegh what can you do.
Dec 7, 2015 3:41 AM

May 2012
Fai said:
Kaetokiha said:

Disagree with you. The pace of the first anime was much better than this one and it actually showed almost everything from the original Visual Novel (i read it too). The first series was able to build things between characters faster and in a more enjoyable way.
The first anime didn't need to use 10 episodes to make me care for the characters.

Itsuwari no Kamen has a very bad pace with episodes being mostly fillers without any meaningful content.

So you mean removing most of lore and backstories(so most of the second half of the show is just W T F), stuffing insufferable Errurshit into stories she is not supposed to be in, truncating the main character's backstory itself, covering entire story arcs in 1-2 episode span(ex: Karura story) or outright ERASING Yuzuha's story, is now defined as "great"?....K.

See, you are claiming most episodes are fillers without meaningful content but you DONT know that. I can easily take any show that has a build up phase and claims something in it "is pointless filler".

What build up phase? C'mon.
They could show they are becoming better friends and stuff in other ways. The only pair you see building something is/was Haku and Kuon (more in the beginning actually) the others didn't need all of that screen just to show some fujoshi comedy.

What do you know about Atui? What do you know about Rurutie? Besides the things they told about themselves when they first appeared, they haven't shared anything about themselves (ok there's the fujoshi thing). The characters are there just for the slice of life and nothing else. The probably will be more important latter, but so far...

The characters are not building anything meaningful here. If you want to fool yourself saying they are, it's ok, but they are not.
I despise woke people.
Dec 7, 2015 6:59 AM
Dec 2010
i understand this is a 26 ep anime.. first half might be establishing characters and so on.. but the establishing is terrible in the past few eps i felt they are pointless and i am now very confuse if it will go anywhere.
Dec 7, 2015 8:19 AM

Sep 2015
Kaetokiha said:

They could show they are becoming better friends and stuff in other ways. The only pair you see building something is/was Haku and Kuon (more in the beginning actually) the others didn't need all of that screen just to show some fujoshi comedy.

Actually, screen time for Atui and Rurutie is only minimal but enough for you to remember them, and that's why they don't get a lot of characterization. On the other hand, there are build ups for Haku in ep 1,2,3,4,5,8,10, and build up for Kuon in 1,2,4,6,7,9,10. Spotlight of their relationship ep 1,2,4,6,9. Basically everything is built around them, but you won't see it if you expect bad experience and bad expection becomes self inducing.

Compare how Haku is now to how he was like when he starts out and you see his growth, which can be seen in ep10. Look at Kuon's change in attitude towards Haku and her problems you know something is brewing, which is highlighted at ep9. And especially for Kuon there are many characters around to reflect her character.
What do you know about Atui? What do you know about Rurutie? Besides the things they told about themselves when they first appeared, they haven't shared anything about themselves (ok there's the fujoshi thing). The characters are there just for the slice of life and nothing else. The probably will be more important latter, but so far...

Side characters are sacrificed for more characterization of main characters as shown above. It's an adaption afterall, and time is limited. But at least, we know Atui is a running away princess who is strong enough to protect herself, and is always overly aware of romance. Rurutie is....unfortunately broken on adaption, but her fujoshi tendancy is the key for connection to some other characters. Both of them are princess. While Rurutie is designed to be SoL character, Atui is clearly designed for battle and her ability is shown in ep8.
The characters are not building anything meaningful here. If you want to fool yourself saying they are, it's ok, but they are not.

If you don't want to see things then you don't. Having "Oh, this thing is pointless" in mind then you won't find any meaning. You may say something is not done right or it's not for you, and while I think there is some problem in direction, but "meaningless" isn't something given lightly.
Dec 7, 2015 8:34 AM
Oct 2015
Quess i'll say about the cases as an VN player here.
*Keep in mind that i'll SPOIL anything that i'll say in here*

Anime Adaption VS Visual Novel

/////////////////////////////////////////
**This is a description for Episode maybe 7 to 10**

After you guys have watched so many SoL episodes that happened in the Anime Adaption, i gotta say that they sure take their time to set all SoL into the first 12 episode before moving on a state where

Especially with Anju Episode (10-11)

I know their decisions about making Slice of Life Events on each episode are kinda good, while some of them are pretty bad (Like more bath scenes and BL stuffs which i actually don't mind them), same with the latest episode where Anju want to know about a love for Oshutoru which is funny and stupid for you guys including me. (THAT BL stuffs for a love actually don't need to though.. VN didn't have it lol)

For Nosuri & The Other Ninja guy (Ougi)

And This is My Honest Opinion About How the anime adaption goes since Episode 1-10 below :
While The Anime Adaption goes pretty well until now cuz it's faithful to the VN events , there are some cases that each episode has are pretty bad at the same time, especially with how they put on consequences' timing at each episode. It could be faster to move on the plot if they postpone the Episode 9 that Aruru and Kamyu come into Yamato for the later arc

And also lower the part of non-sense scenes like BL stuffs which is enough only when Atui travelling at Otome Shop.

So that Episode 10 where they show Anju's Oshutoru dokidoki will become Episode 9 ,and Episode 10 will show the event where haku's group come to take Anju back (which is annoying lol)
After That (Maybe the last scene on Episode 11 or maybe Episode 12)

Which is a start of turning point before moving into the 2nd cour of conflicts

OK i'm done with this. Kinda lazy now. feel free to continue the arguments. i'll just enjoy this until next week's Episode
Dec 7, 2015 8:34 AM

Mar 2014
Alf_Yuen said:
Having "Oh, this thing is pointless" in mind then you won't find any meaning.
Same the other way around.
Dec 7, 2015 9:05 AM

Jul 2007
Alf_Yuen said:
Kaetokiha said:

Actually, screen time for Atui and Rurutie is only minimal but enough for you to remember them, and that's why they don't get a lot of characterization. On the other hand, there are build ups for Haku in ep 1,2,3,4,5,8,10, and build up for Kuon in 1,2,4,6,7,9,10. Spotlight of their relationship ep 1,2,4,6,9. Basically everything is built around them, but you won't see it if you expect bad experience and bad expection becomes self inducing.

Compare how Haku is now to how he was like when he starts out and you see his growth, which can be seen in ep10. Look at Kuon's change in attitude towards Haku and her problems you know something is brewing, which is highlighted at ep9. And especially for Kuon there are many characters around to reflect her character.

Side characters are sacrificed for more characterization of main characters as shown above. It's an adaption afterall, and time is limited. But at least, we know Atui is a running away princess who is strong enough to protect herself, and is always overly aware of romance. Rurutie is....unfortunately broken on adaption, but her fujoshi tendancy is the key for connection to some other characters. Both of them are princess. While Rurutie is designed to be SoL character, Atui is clearly designed for battle and her ability is shown in ep8.

If you don't want to see things then you don't. Having "Oh, this thing is pointless" in mind then you won't find any meaning. You may say something is not done right or it's not for you, and while I think there is some problem in direction, but "meaningless" isn't something given lightly.

To add to that while we might not know that much about side characters pasts, we do see a lot of their personality in order to establish them and their relationships(kuon's with haku, atui and rurutie's with Kuon, kuon's with her mothers, oshutoru's with haku, and now Anju's with the cast and Anju's with Oshutoru), all of which is key element in building up towards the second half of the story.
And yeah, we also see Haku going from not giving a shit about those people to actually caring for them - would Haku from EP1 be worried that his actions led to Anju's kidnapping? Not really. But he is slowly building relationships, integrating into a life in Yamato and growing attached to it all. For a man without a past, the present is all he can have attachment to.
What's more it establishes a mundane kind of life that the cast has formed and makes the viewer care about the cast. Which is kind of the purpose of the build-up phase.

Not to mention we had PLENTY of foreshadowing almost every episode like
Dec 7, 2015 11:40 PM
Dec 2015
kaimax said:
Chendroshee said:

Because they're wasting their time, and it's much easier to just drop it and rate it a 1 if that can satisfy their ego.

I'm addressing a previous poster where they say "the adaptation is bad", while they have never establish themselves as someone who has played the game in this whole forum.

Also people, When we say we compare this to S;G, it's for how the plot unfolds and there were actual people who did the same kind of complaints, with the earlier parts that seems random and not connected. We are not comparing this plot-wise, story- wise or character-wise. Boht me and Fai was there in the forums witnessing these complainers.

Kalimax, if you can't stand a negative opinion of the anime, just Shut up and ignore it. There is nothing wrong with saying a negative opinion of an anime (film, novel and so on) in itself. You are wasting your time and it's much easier to just ignore it for your ego.
Dec 8, 2015 2:04 AM

May 2012
Fai said:

To add to that while we might not know that much about side characters pasts, we do see a lot of their personality in order to establish them and their relationships(kuon's with haku, atui and rurutie's with Kuon, kuon's with her mothers, oshutoru's with haku, and now Anju's with the cast and Anju's with Oshutoru), all of which is key element in building up towards the second half of the story.
And yeah, we also see Haku going from not giving a shit about those people to actually caring for them - would Haku from EP1 be worried that his actions led to Anju's kidnapping? Not really. But he is slowly building relationships, integrating into a life in Yamato and growing attached to it all. For a man without a past, the present is all he can have attachment to.
What's more it establishes a mundane kind of life that the cast has formed and makes the viewer care about the cast. Which is kind of the purpose of the build-up phase.

Not to mention we had PLENTY of foreshadowing almost every episode like

While i agree that all of this is to build something for the latter part, it's hard to not ask if it's really necessary to have 10+ episodes of just things being built between characters. This was not done in a great way, that's for sure. They have reached the capital in the end of the 3rd episode and i really think they could have showed everything important in more 4 episodes...so 7 episodes instead of 10+ (since i don't now if things will move forward in the next episode). A lot of things showed in these episodes could have been cut out and no one would have complained because they are not important.

I disagree with you about Haku. He obviously grew as a person for sure, but you can see he is still the same lazy guy from the beginning. I don't think he care for others more or less than before. In this episode Kiuru told Haku about the thief and said he wanted them to finish their job faster so they could go after her...what Haku did? He clearly showed he didn't want to go after her...like always.

The only reason he is doing this jobs is because Ukon convinced him with money. He is not doing because he care, he actually doesn't. In the beginning Kuon was forcing him to do some work because he didn't want, now he is being convinced to work. This is a improvement for sure, but are you trying to say we need 6 episodes just for this? 1 episode would have been enough to show him learning how to be less lazy.

Alf_Yuen
Won't quote you, but i read everything. What i wrote above is what i think...that they could have left out (or not added since i know some of this stuff is not in the game) just to make things less stagnant. I feel like i watched 10 episodes with barely any content. Most animes have 13 episodes so watching 10 episodes with basically nothing happening and nothing interesting is sure a bad thing.

KaeUBWDec 8, 2015 2:50 PM
I despise woke people.
Dec 8, 2015 5:48 AM

Sep 2015
Kaetokiha said:
While i agree that all of this is to build something for the latter part, it's hard to not ask if it's really necessary to have 10+ episodes of just things being built between characters. This was not done in a great way, that's for sure. They have reach the capital in the end of the 3rd episode and i really think they could have showed everything important in more 4 episodes...so 7 episodes instead of 10+ (since i don't now if things will move forward in the next episode). A lot of things showed in these episodes could have been cut out and no one would have complained because they are not important.

I disagree with you about Haku. He obviously grew as a person for sure, but you can see he is still the same lazy guy from the beginning. I don't think he care for others more or less than before. In this episode Kiuru told Haku about the thief and said he wanted them to finish their job fast so they can go after her...what Haku did? He clearly showed he didn't want to go after her...like always.

The only reason he is doing this jobs is because Ukon convinced him with money. He is not doing because he care, he actually doesn't. In the beginning Kuon was forcing him to do some work because he didn't want, now he is being convinced to work. This is a improvement for sure, but are you trying to say we need 6 episodes just for this? 1 episode would be enough to show him learning how to be less lazy.

Alf_Yuen
Won't quote you, but i read everything. What i wrote above is what i think...that they could have left out (or not added since i know some of this stuff is not in the game) just to make things less stagnant. I feel like i watched 10 episodes with barely any content. Most animes have 13 so watching 10 of one with basically nothing happening and nothing interesting is sure a bad thing.

Well, there is surely some problem with the direction and how the series is being arranged. But rather than adding things in the anime, the anime is taking a different approach to same plot points. So many things are not in the game, but not because they added a lot of things, it's because the anime is different.

There really isn't much content added outside of the original plot. Rather, it's less important things like actions, world building, character dynamic being removed is a problem. Just consider what it is like to be eating a hotdog without vegetables, but if the hotdog is to be sold in a preservable package format then it's bound to be just sausage and sources, and perhaps some preserved vegetables.
Dec 8, 2015 3:31 PM

Feb 2007
Note to self: Never, under any circumstances, should one piss off Kuon.
Dec 8, 2015 3:38 PM
Oct 2015
luinthoron said:

Oh, how right you are. And what we saw in this episode is just the tip of the iceberg.
Dec 8, 2015 5:14 PM

Feb 2013
Kerozinn said:
So is this show EVER going anywhere? 10 episodes and it feels completely and utterly pointless sofar.

Yup. And that "accidental boob grab" cliche though... -.-
Dec 9, 2015 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
If you want an incident light, funny and very cute, then you have found what you seek. Comedy until the end, when the narrative is no time to introduce the characters already glimpsed in the former days. Always well groomed drawings and animations, even the props are finely depicted.
Dec 9, 2015 9:29 AM

Jul 2007
LeanMeanMachine said:
luinthoron said:

Oh, how right you are. And what we saw in this episode is just the tip of the iceberg.
Truer words have never been spoken. He he he.
Dec 9, 2015 3:38 PM

Jan 2014
Basically watching this for Kuon.
The girls are cute tho.
And compulsory bath scene yet again lel.
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Dec 10, 2015 2:47 PM
Nov 2014
eliterodriguez said:

Yandere Kuon for those that wanted the GIF version.

Got to say that her tail is really strong. Don't know of any cats that can actually due that with their tails. Its like an extra hand appendage lol

I say... I thought I was watching Corpse Party there for a moment, or maybe it looks a little bit like Amnesia: TDD XDD

Kaetokiha said:

I'd actually have to quite agree. Currently it's a 4/5 for me because... fanservice xD

But their making Nekone do poses...

maybe a little over the edge there.
Dec 12, 2015 1:00 AM

Feb 2014
This should have a slice of life and ecchi tags. Also probably drop the drama tag. This anime is pointless but so are some other anime that I have really enjoyed (such as Non Non Biyori)
Dec 12, 2015 2:48 AM

Jun 2014
man i love this show! it's so fun and chill
:3
Dec 12, 2015 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
Welp, responsible of a young princess kidnapping. Could be worst, I think.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 12, 2015 2:31 PM

Jan 2011
eXtacy67 said:
This should have a slice of life and ecchi tags. Also probably drop the drama tag. This anime is pointless but so are some other anime that I have really enjoyed (such as Non Non Biyori)

I wonder when, or if, the main story is gonna start.

Strong first few episodes but after that nothing happened...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 13, 2015 12:32 AM

Jan 2013
Keeping with the tradition of a bath scene every episode.
First half not so interesting, taking it's time.
Dec 13, 2015 11:45 AM

Dec 2009
Yandere Kuon was epic.

They didn't have a bath this episode but there was bathing...

Seems to be progressing a tad slow, but it might flip on it's head suddenly.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 13, 2015 3:24 PM

Oct 2012
Another fanservice episode full of jokes... (and strangly some use of old OST) but at least they did the bonding part right as it served well for character exposition. It's a shame it wasn't character developement though.

Still, I don't think all those lighthearted episodes are justified as it brings almost nothing to further developement, those are just scenes fit for OVA.

Original Utawarerumono did a lot better job in telling of story from its first episode whereas here it still seems like nothing happens.
Yes, we have some little hints all the time but that's simply not enough and they are already hinting at something for way too long.
Dec 14, 2015 12:18 PM
Mar 2012
That was a really stupid and pointless episode.
Dec 14, 2015 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
Atui posing mhmm.
That Yandere Kuon!!! <3
Fujoshi strikes again lol
I see they really like their baths ^^
Jan 6, 2016 9:14 AM

Dec 2013
The only saving grace is Kuon's voice
Aug 21, 2016 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
Whats this show about again? Cats or something?
Jun 25, 2017 7:23 PM

Dec 2012
A little bit too much fluff for me, some of it feels very awkward for sure, and I definitely roll my eyes at the "princess in need of saving, love of my life come rescue me" cliche... definitely not an empowered mentality

On the other hand, some things gave me a good chuckle, like the yaoi drawings & scary hallway scene with Kuon hahaha

3/5 kind of episode for me
May 21, 2022 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
Nosuri is a good women.

I like how Kuon got mad at Haku, for saying that she had no friends XD
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

97 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.