Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2015 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp that got intense.

We got a big fight this episode against the Nobles. Kinda felt bad for Guren considering how bad he is beaten up and is still being beaten. The female Nobles are pretty badass, even I have to admit a bit of that. I also found it kinda amusing at how Crowley is standing on lava with little care of danger.

I find the tense feelings between the military members were awkward to watch though. And those Yuu tears and blood...after what happened during their recent missions.
Nov 28, 2015 5:27 AM

Nov 2007
Teamwork, even his own team came for rescue. But no time to save Nakamura-san's character. Wow, the atmosphere of brother conversation is heavy (mainly about brother under father's order to order Maeno-san's character and realized he's planning on something that even family not know?).

The piano sounds a bit like another anime's OST at place to place (piano ver. of Karneval ED). Wow, they look like a real father and son (in the memory scene). Nakamura-san's character mentioned about someone he lost (Hayami-san's character's sister?). Wait, did he really...??!! I have a bad feeling if that ex-human vampire guy saw that (because there's still 4 more eps. left).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 28, 2015 5:32 AM
May 2013
God damn it I missed the first half!!!

Other than that, poor Guren D':
Please dont torture Guren too much, please, please please, Chess dont play a part in the torture!!

God damn Yuu you dumbass, i was kinda expecting him to just take the two pills like a boss though lol. Mika is here!!! :D :D

HOLY WOAH!! That next ep preview looks soo cool. Guess we'll finally find out what Tsukimichi's demon power thing does. Shinoa protecting Mika :D :D :D
Nov 28, 2015 6:41 AM

Sep 2014
Hory shittu, the feels.

S H I N Y A
;__;
My poor Shinya. TT_TT

Oh God, Seishirou's even more of a coward, lol.

"Yuu-chan ga shinda!" said no one, ever.

I'm really hating the changes. They're butchering Guren's character by changing important lines. Ugh.

I've lost all hope in this adaptation.

Ed card:

Nice things are nice. Shigure is fabulous.
mira-pyonNov 28, 2015 6:44 AM
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 28, 2015 6:45 AM

Sep 2008
Finish episode suggesting that Yuu could have died and make all drama because of this, next showing him in OP in monster mode...
Yeah, good job!
You don't even trying to hard to hide it...

I was waiting for Mika whole episode and when he finally show up,
you give me him in low quality animation?! ;(
I really need some kind off spin-off with Mika+vampires side...

But... I can't wait to see next episode!
Looks like there will be lot of cool action! *.*
Krul ♥
Nov 28, 2015 6:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I love that remix of S1's ending that they played in the beginning

Other than that, thinhs are shaping up nicely and I also cannot stand Kureto the cunt
Nov 28, 2015 7:21 AM

Sep 2014
LittleStar said:

I really need some kind off spin-off with Mika+vampires side...

There's gonna be a novel about that in December.
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 28, 2015 7:24 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, Yu's not dead. They must think we're pretty stupid to try and make us believe it like that.
Nov 28, 2015 7:25 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I was expecting Yuu would fight with Crowley for a moment evenly after he took two pills and then collapsed, not.

I wanna see Kureto fighting, it would be nice if he is on par with Crowley.

Oh yes, finally Krul will appear next episode <3

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 28, 2015 7:45 AM

Feb 2015

Well, Yuu's plan to save Guren turned out REALLY well. He needs to learn how to follow orders.
But no worries. We all know the main character of the show won't die.

That preview. Man, next ep is going to be good.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2015 7:53 AM

Mar 2015
Here we go again. Yu will die or not ?

"Yu can't die"

"Yu's not dead"
Nov 28, 2015 8:12 AM
Oct 2015
i really like the ost in the background
the animation in this ep was kinda lacking
hopefully there are some good fights next ep with yuu in seraph mode
Nov 28, 2015 8:27 AM

Apr 2011
I liked the OST in the beginning and we know that Yu is not dead lol.
Nov 28, 2015 8:28 AM
Jun 2014
again nothing really happened. this show likes wasting peoples time doesn't it?
Nov 28, 2015 9:03 AM

Jun 2014
Nothing257 said:

Oh c'mon, this has more entertainment than infinite filler.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Nov 28, 2015 9:12 AM

Jan 2011
God, this MC is really killing my vibe. Dude is so fucking awkward I don't even know where to begin. It's like he has a rollback driver installed in his character. Every episode he goes back into that typical anime genre-savvy knuckle head mode only to realize: wrong series. They need to really figure out a way to actually develop his character in a more meaningful way. I mean maybe it's a good thing to see an anime MC not get away with some of the retarded shit they normally get away with 19 times out of 20 but you should only be allowed so much plot armor.

I was pretty much turned off by Shinoa towards the end of season one for being to playful and showing herself to be equally as green as the rest when though she seemed way ahead of them at first. I'm glad certain people are giving he a dose of reality check as of late but I would say they should've been done with that shit around the end of season one, at least considering her and her squad's symbolic rape in the second to last episode. Now she's falling into a useless potential love-interest chick slot without any real connection to the MC. She kinda grew on the majority of season one me but after this season I can't take her seriously. The rest of the squad is effectively just backup singers which is sad considering the decent attempt to build on the bromance between the three guys in the first season. The blonde girl was out of place pretty much from the start.

Mika's character would've been a lot more interesting had they focused on his development during the time skip it would've been a lot more interesting the shit we've been seeing about Yu. Sadly I know the next time there will be a dialog between the two it will be either awkward and out of context or it'll be oversimplified and suck up a lot more time than it deserves.

Krul could play a very significant motive behind Mika's views but once again they're keeping her on the sidelines and not explaining the back story between the two. It's pretty much obvious he's a favorite of hers but why? I'm sure he's not the first human turned vampire by her.

My biggest gripe is to much focus on the MC and not enough on the story itself as a whole, I'm not asking for an ensemble cast but a least try to put more into a character than can be put into a single paragraph. With the way things are going I'm seeing a hella rushed possibly Valvrave class ending waiting for us with the way shit is going. Third season would be great but if they do this again it may not be enjoyable at all.
Nov 28, 2015 9:14 AM

Oct 2008
Don't like the starting BGM choice. I like that track from the OST but this scene should have a non-vocal BGM, it was really difficult to concentrate.

That was a development I didn't see coming. Honestly Yu's really stupid. "I'd rather die"? Well you've got what you wanted. (Okay, not really bc we all know he's not dead but still.) Have no idea where it will go from here, but this was a pretty interesting episode for me.
Nov 28, 2015 9:16 AM

Feb 2014
Oh no Yuu is dead....watch promo for next ep....welp no he's alive

Guren is left behind, I wonder if he'll survive. The test subject is ?

Does anyone know up until this point how closely is the anime adaption sticking the manga?

Looks like the real shiz goes down next week and more Mika screen time ♥‿♥
Nov 28, 2015 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
Crowley OP as hell. Looks like Mika will be meeting Yu team next week.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 28, 2015 9:57 AM

Jun 2014
Yu really needs to learn how to follow orders. I get it, he doesn't want to leave Guren behind, but he already agreed to retreat once the time limit was up. But then he keeps going on with the same schtick about "he's family, family this, family that, let me go I need to save Guren." I was really hoping someone would punch him, but I knew that wouldn't happen since it didn't happen in the manga (that would have been a nice anime original change lol). And then he takes 2 more pills so he can do what? SAVE GUREN. Fucking damn, the sappy family stuff was already cringe-worthy, but Yu's never-ending idiocy made it worse.

On another note, Crowley is still OP as fuck, Kureto continues to be a jackass, and Yu is obviously not dead. I mean, you try to convince us he's dead, and then show him in the preview? Ok......looks like Mika will get his beloved Yu-chan next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 28, 2015 10:01 AM

Mar 2014
RIP two nameless soldiers

Rip Yu

Oh wait, they spoiled the whole episode in the preview

I was really hoping Yu wouldn't do stupid things after promising to retreat on time but taking two pills is beyond stupid
Nov 28, 2015 10:08 AM

Apr 2015
I had high expectations about this episode, because trailer looked so good, but to be honest, it wasn't nothing special. It was like the previous episodes, s**t load of talking and nothing happened. I hope next episodes will bring something really enjoyable, because only few episodes remain and I'm not feelling like it was different than S1 and that was sh**ty imo.
Nov 28, 2015 10:15 AM

Dec 2012
the pained look on shiniya's face killed me
mira-nyan said:

omg my heart
Nov 28, 2015 10:16 AM

Apr 2015
A more eventful episode. Yu's stepping out of his lines once again to save Guren, and the reactions to when he took the pills were done well. The mood is more intense this time, so here's to hoping that the next episode can keep going as this pace.
Nov 28, 2015 10:19 AM

Jul 2009
LauraBirdie said:
RIP two nameless soldiers

Rip Yu

Oh wait, they spoiled the whole episode in the preview

I was really hoping Yu wouldn't do stupid things after promising to retreat on time but taking two pills is beyond stupid

No really those nameless soliders were just used as fodder. If you're nameless you will be fodder, be you human or vampire. That's just disrespectful.

Crowley is just badass. The problem with this is that when he finally loses I will find it unbelievable. Like no, he's jut boss. Let the boss own all.

Also they're all really dumb. You REALLY believed Yu would just leave family? Like that is his purpose fools. Fuck you're time limit. About leave no matter what the circumstances. Life doesn't work that way. There will always be circumstances you cannot ignore.

But seriously how long do I have to wait before Yu and Mika have a proper reunion?

Shinoa sucks. I really can't stand this chick. She's pathetic. And her method for reeling in Yu? Like no, get off that arm. It belongs to Mika.
Nov 28, 2015 10:29 AM

Aug 2010
Animation for the first half was pretty awesome. They really had some awesome teamwork. Not enough tho I guess.

The feelz were nice during the Guren and Yu flashback. Loved the OST playing during it.

Dat ending tho :O He friggin died XD I wonder how he'll revive? Probably his Seraph experimented body or some shit like that.
Nov 28, 2015 10:31 AM

Nov 2015
That Guren is hilarious lol

"When I'm alive i can do a lot of things like shit"
Nov 28, 2015 10:34 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode and can't wait for the nexT!
Animation and ost was spot on especially in the first half~
All that blood, LOL shinoa was pretty cute this ep
Can't wait for the boys' reunion
Nov 28, 2015 10:42 AM

Aug 2012
i think the pacing is way too slow in Season 2.

the OST is amazing but sometimes doesn't match the scene. Also, a lot of them are just pale copies of Shingeki no Kyojin songs.

lot of potential, but way too much feels, not enough story.

animation is ok.

second season is a 7 for me right now and it better have amazing last episodes to change that.
Nov 28, 2015 10:43 AM

Nov 2012
The beginning of the episode was great... Quite tired of Yuu and his family thing; I think that is pretty clear to all the viewers already, it is really necessary for Yuu to keep repeating that over and over again.....

Anyway, I hope next episodes focus more in whatever Kureto is planning and less on Yuu and Mika's gay reunion....
Nov 28, 2015 10:44 AM

Dec 2014
ok we all knoe yui isn;t dead les be honest there
Nov 28, 2015 10:57 AM

Mar 2014
Yuu decides to go save Guren, takes two pills and dies..
Oh well he can't really die anyway since he's the MC. x)
Nov 28, 2015 11:11 AM

Feb 2015
THIS FUCKING SHIT SHOW IS REALLY SMART AT MAKING CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!
THEY JUST LITERALLY MAKE THE MC DIED LIKE THAT!!!
But, i know that he still alive. after all, he is the MC.
Well , after i saw the preview for the next episode, Yuu still alive.
But there is still many question that need to be answer.
4 episode left and i can't wait for next week.
Good episode overall

Gurren is beaten up ? not suprised or like, i don't even care. i have seen him got beat up by that guy in the fisrt season, and mysteriously Gurren will end up alive too.

"When you are alive, you can eat,shit and sleep"
XD
YizelTroNov 28, 2015 11:15 AM
Nov 28, 2015 11:21 AM

Sep 2015
Sorry but can I ask where did you watch the new episode ? Link please.
Nov 28, 2015 11:22 AM

Apr 2011
Animation was awful this episode. The derp faces from the distant scenes....let's not talk about this.

My heart cried for Shinya leaving Guren behind like this. The OST in the flashback was nice.

And yes, reunion next week!
Nov 28, 2015 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
AWW MAN! That cliffhanger... I NEED MOOOAAR.
Nov 28, 2015 11:44 AM

Jan 2011
Sonnetica said:
A more eventful episode. Yu's stepping out of his lines once again to save Guren, and the reactions to when he took the pills were done well. The mood is more intense this time, so here's to hoping that the next episode can keep going as this pace.
I'm glad I reread that. I thought you were referring to HIS EMOTIONS. Unfortunately MCs stereotypical happy-go-lucky preceding a life threatening action were sub par and ruined the whole scene as a whole. That's a serious choice you're making, why do the Japanese think those type of character moods can even be called acceptable when the subject is doing something completely suicidal. And it wasn't well back at all, people who have been dealing with these things while he was cattle don't go that far, what makes you so special? I understand the pressure got to him hence why he made that choice but act like it. Don't take it in stride like this is some kind of video game. If anything another character would better fit this BS cocky attitude he's been walking around with. He should know almost better than anyone how far these vampires can go, he could at least be a bit more serious towards it. Top it off the animation when the camera faced his back was derpy as fuck, it looked like it turned into a fucking Otaku mid-shot.

On a final note his actions are about as worthless as Lenard Watch from Kekkai-whatever-the-fuck. About as influential with choices as the mouse pad in a visual novel,: useful for getting through the story but not really significant to the story thus far. Just kinda there.
QWERTYFish25Nov 28, 2015 11:49 AM
Nov 28, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
Nothing257 said:

Nope.

Btw, Actually a lot of things happened.
yuyyuka said:
Animation was awful this episode. The derp faces from the distant scenes....let's not talk about this.
!

Still MUCH better than CG shit.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 28, 2015 11:55 AM

May 2015
shinoa top smug is too underpowered
Nov 28, 2015 12:03 PM

Feb 2015
So nobody on this show knows CPR? No wonder the human race is screwed. Decent episode but is a shame YU reverted back to his old self, I thought he'd got passed being a brat.
Nov 28, 2015 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Shinoa, Yuu and the others made a good teamwork in order to save Guren!

Guren got captured by the vampires.
Nov 28, 2015 12:43 PM

Aug 2014
I've seen way to many anime like AoT to know Yu's not biting the bullet yet. Maybe a normal human would die, but he's an experiment of some kind and probably has abilities we don't know yet.

I believe Yu had one of those delayed reaction type events. The kind of event where your heart stops beating for a while but then suddenly jump starts back up again. Again, this is probably related to his change during experimentation.

If Crowley is taking Guren to Ferid, then there might be a chance that Guren is turned into a vampire. Only progenitor's like Crowley, Krul, and Ferid can turn humans into them and Ferid seems most likely. He has a sadistic streak so he could do it just to piss Yu off and through him get Mika riled up as well.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Nov 28, 2015 12:45 PM

Feb 2013
Aren't those the same pills that only work for short bursts? Why would he use them if there weren't any enemies around? What a retard.

RainyDayLover said:
Does anyone know up until this point how closely is the anime adaption sticking the manga?

Pretty much the exact same. It might not be that way for long since after next week we'll be 35-36 chapters through the available 39
Nov 28, 2015 12:45 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was great! From the preview, Mika might see Yuu again! Yesss
Nov 28, 2015 1:04 PM
Oct 2014
YAY! Yuu's finally dead.... I mean oh no. Much sadness.
Nov 28, 2015 1:04 PM

Nov 2015
rip yu never forget
Nov 28, 2015 1:14 PM

Jan 2011
TwilightMystery said:
I
If Crowley is taking Guren to Ferid, then there might be a chance that Guren is turned into a vampire. Only progenitor's like Crowley, Krul, and Ferid can turn humans into them and Ferid seems most likely. He has a sadistic streak so he could do it just to piss Yu off and through him get Mika riled up as well.
That's actually an interesting twist. Kinda don't wanna see it seeing how little time there is but whatever. I've gotten this slight impression that Mika will either bite Yu or Shinoa, you know, for "angst."
Nov 28, 2015 1:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I think this show would be better without Yu and Mika. They always go back to basic shounen modes whenever things get interesting. I want to find out more about the head of the Demon army and not see more Yu flashbacks.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 28, 2015 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
RIP Yu. I know characters like Him are so super Shonen "If i cant save my family/friends, id rather die" but i just love those type of characters. Also While Guren might still be the most disappointing fucker, i really appreciate his role. And god the feeels when Shinya had to leave Guren
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Nov 28, 2015 1:17 PM

Feb 2011
crowley is eating all the good animation of the episode, but he deserves it

ZeandoNov 28, 2015 1:20 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

184 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 29, 2023 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.