Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 28, 2015 9:42 AM

Jun 2015
Over Powered puppets... And fighters that not even take part of the fight... Not a good start fot this festa
Nov 28, 2015 10:10 AM

Sep 2013
I'm more interested in what season 2 will bring (just because we know it will happen)
Nov 28, 2015 10:15 AM

Aug 2014
Participation of those puppets made this tournament seems unfair already.. How is that even allowed?
Saya's asking for headpats and her reaction. <3
Nov 28, 2015 10:26 AM

Aug 2013
Kay_Lite said:
Participation of those puppets made this tournament seems unfair already.. How is that even allowed?

To put simple, entertainment. They allowed to try make the tournament more exciting but in contradiction they don't wanna the puppets to win.
Nov 28, 2015 10:28 AM

Sep 2013
The male robot must have the BADASS program installed XD
I think they really killed their opponents :(

Nov 28, 2015 10:29 AM

Jun 2014
No surprise that Ayato and Julis (but mainly Ayato, since he's the one who actually took them down) cruised past the first round, especially since their opponents were worthless fodder characters.

Those puppets look like they could be a pain in the ass somewhere down the line, and that Irene person also seems like a threat. Not the most exciting start to the Festa, but it'll probably get better.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 28, 2015 10:43 AM

Dec 2014
yes ayato was amazing as hell. Fiesta has commenced// can't wait for more
Nov 28, 2015 10:44 AM

Mar 2014
YOOOO THOSE PRODUCTION VALUES TENSHION GA AGARU im so hyped for the next episode honestly. the confetti scene was absolutely gorgeous as well as julis and ayatos entrance. cant wait until they get into the longer fights as theyre weeding out the weak currently.
Nov 28, 2015 10:52 AM

Nov 2012
What a tease, I wanted to see more of Irene Urzaiz.... She looks interesting....
Nov 28, 2015 11:01 AM

Sep 2014
Finally at the Festa- things should be more interesting now.
Nov 28, 2015 11:03 AM

Jun 2013
those robots are just trolling them wow too op
Nov 28, 2015 11:17 AM

Apr 2014
End the fight when it just start...such badassness lol.
For some reason, I don't like Ernesta and her partner...
Looking for to see Kyouko's fight since even Claudia warn Ayato and them to be careful...
Nov 28, 2015 11:22 AM

Sep 2014
Kirin being cute as always. Also that robot fight was pretty amusing.

Idk about you guys but ayato's match felt underwhelming,even though he's supposed to be OP :c.
Nov 28, 2015 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
Ayato and Julis got no troubles on their first match!
Nov 28, 2015 12:12 PM

Jul 2012
Good build up episode, the fights were short but still cool with Ayato being a badass and the puppets being pretty funny and badass as well. Also another thing a saw was that that school had people locked up...um I don't think that is legal but I cant wait to see that girl go up against Ayato later on. Next episode should be Saya and Kirin vs the puppets so I cant wait to see that big battle.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-h4wTATRsg&feature=youtu.be
Nov 28, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
Oh, I hope that this show won't stick to show whole tournament or rather pointless fight scenes.... :|
And that CG in last fight was awful. Really really awful.
rsc-plNov 28, 2015 12:23 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 28, 2015 12:18 PM

Feb 2015
Feel like a build up for the next episode.
Ayato and Julis battle, that was really fast.
and that robot or puppet at the last battle, that look badass to me.
Can't wait to see that two badass looking robot fight Ayato and Julis.... Wait! or maybe that robots will fight Kirin and Saya? Can't wait to see that.

This is just the beginning, obviously there is no intense battle. i think this season will end up with a really shit cliffhanger.
YizelTroNov 28, 2015 12:22 PM
Nov 28, 2015 12:22 PM
Aug 2012
Ah man i have been waiting for the the Festa to start and it didn't dissappoint........the opening of the along with that speech and hints. The anime makes it so obvious about Madiath Mesa, i am actually surprised nobody is talking about him at all. Does nobody see the resemblance from episode 1 and the opening? We have the introduction of Irene as well and Dirk leaving a few hints about servesta and it's user. Tsundere Lester is welcome as well.

I liked the commentators though........they are going to make things lively. The explanations about the Festa was well done and i also like how they put some of the monologues as commentary instead of cutting them. I have high hopes for later parts of the Festa.

Ayato's match was over in the blink of an eye but it was still amazing. Sorry Garradsworth rank 30 and 41. Unless you are from World Dragon Institute/Jie Long, you don't really stand much of a chance if you are outside Page One. It is a good strategy by Ayato-Julis, disguise the seal-release as a performance and end matches quickly to give the other participants as less data as possible while hiding the re-application of the seal and giving them nothing about their team performance. Well as long as they can that is............

Now the best part, FUCKING Ardi and Rimsi. Damn that voice matches him perfectly not to mention he is awesome. Rimsi is more on the sadist side though. Did her breasts got bigger in the anime?. Their banter was nicely done as well. This part was adapted perfectly and the fight didn't feel too short either. Add to that, this adaptation really pays attention to the techniques used instead of showing some random light flashes and i am liking it a lot.

Minor complains about the subs as they were bad and wrong in some places again. Seriously whoever did the subs for episode 8 & 9 really needs to do better. It's really annoying when the mistake is so obvious.
Dragon_Slayer_XNov 28, 2015 12:27 PM

Nov 28, 2015 12:25 PM

Jun 2015
Well, I was about to drop the show this episode, but those puppets are both beastly and hilarious. Still a pretty "meh" show for the rest of it, but at least the puppets are fun to watch. More of them please...!
Nov 28, 2015 12:46 PM

Jul 2015
Can we just appreciate how corny those light-saber sounds for the swords were?

I really liked this contrast in animation for this twister with all the CG/Sci-Fi shit that was going on.

Nov 28, 2015 12:50 PM

Feb 2015
Robots with shields? that doesn't seem fair, good episode this series has really hit it's stride .
Nov 28, 2015 1:31 PM

Sep 2015
Next episode showcase the vampire princess Irene Urzais, and those vampire fangs !
Nov 28, 2015 1:39 PM

Sep 2015
Finally, the Tournament starts, and as expected Ayato just eradicates the first opponents.
But it seems hardly fair that the puppets are allowed to fight, because when it comes to fighting a machine as virtually no response time at all, whilst humans have about a 215 millisecond respond time.(yeah and people are still arguing if a 3ms screen is better for gaming than a 5ms one...I mean the human brain can´t even see any difference)
So even if they were exactly as strong, fast and with the same knowledge and experience as a human, they would still win.
Also a machine can come up with tactics way faster than the human brain, as we can see on chess computers that surpassed even the best human players ages ago.
Mostly people will argue that "humans have like you know a more creative way of thinking and thus they can be unpredictable for machines."
While that might be true, a computer can easily analyze the movement of a single person and find it´s flaws, especially if it´s already familiar with the patterns, as the two puppets are with most of the students.(because they spyed on the contestants bevorehand like on Ayato)
But I´m shure our heroes will find a way to win against the machines.(either that or the machines will take over the world and we will gat skynet. Would be fun too, even way more than the series right now)
This small Rant on the unfairness of the Tournament aside, an enjoyable episode, I loved how they actually gave the two robots characters rather than "evil fight robot".
Nov 28, 2015 1:40 PM

Jan 2008
Why are all the first page non-main characters so useless?
Nov 28, 2015 2:05 PM

Aug 2014
Saya's voice is awesome. Saya is awesome. I wish we had a bit more Claudia, though.

Anyway, episode was pretty interesting. Ayato one-shotting those guys was enjoyable to see. Then again, those robots did the same. Seems the first battles were stomps. We should be seeing more balanced matchups soon.

4/5

Never skipping the ending of this anime.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 28, 2015 2:51 PM

Sep 2014
Another boring one..
Nov 28, 2015 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
Hopefully the next episode will have Saya and Kirin fighting in the Phoenix Battle. Things are starting to get interesting and now I want to learn more about the dark redhead vampire teeth girl. Very good episode.
Nov 28, 2015 3:27 PM

Jul 2015
And so, the Pheonix Festa finally begins. Ayato's first fight was rather quick, but that's to be expected of our #1. And the puppets seems to be really strong.
Nov 28, 2015 4:02 PM
Nov 2015
This episode was pretty good. Good comedy and good fight scenes.
Nov 28, 2015 4:03 PM

Sep 2014
How i got the feeling like using those puppets were kinda like cheating? Were that whole festival idea to get to know which school have strongest fighters, and then you put machines to fight.
Nov 28, 2015 4:22 PM

May 2015
So the Festa's finally here. Ayato and Julis' battle was done so fast, sasuga. Still gotta love Kirin. Those puppets were pretty terrifying though, talk about strong. Great episode.

Nov 28, 2015 5:19 PM

May 2015
nicely done ep, even though ayato-julis battle just too easy and way too fast

ow also allekant's puppets, they're really strong and i hope ayato-julis met them soon
Nov 28, 2015 5:52 PM
Apr 2015
Did not see that coming, puppets as the comic relief of the episode? Either way, it looks like Ayato and Julis will run into them in the semi finals (unless they change and mix up the format). We could see the dream grand final then, with Saya and Kirin on the other side of the bracket.

edit: Also what has happened to the academy names in the subs? Allequint was a typo from last week, but Galahadworth is a new one.
ihavebadopinionsNov 28, 2015 5:56 PM
Nov 28, 2015 6:49 PM

Jan 2015
Pretty good animation this week, actually liked how the first round was fodderized quickly.

Robot's comedy took me by surprise but it worked well. Pretty fast episode imo, but one of the better setups.

Looking forward to next weeks.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Nov 28, 2015 6:51 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, it has begun! The Festa "tournament" xD
It seems that the director of the festa created some new rules so that Aloqunt school can cheat....
The girl that was in jail and is now fighting is probably very strong..
Can't wait for the next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 28, 2015 8:12 PM
Aug 2012
TwilightMystery said:
I think that the first page guys shouldn't have attacked the dolls at first. It could have been a scenario where they activated a barrier that only lasts a certain amount of time. So while the page duo wastes time and energy trying to break it by the time the barrier runs out so does their energy. Of course I highly doubt that's how it is, but it could be a slim possibility.

Nope that wouldn't work......after 1 minute the results would have been the same. Even forgetting about Ardi, his hammer and barrier, Rimsi only deflected the bullets with her own. Now imagine her attacking full force from the beginning, it only took her a couple of seconds to defeat her opponent after 1 minute time was up. That 1 minute time was just to demonstrate their superiority.

Seepos said:
How i got the feeling like using those puppets were kinda like cheating? Were that whole festival idea to get to know which school have strongest fighters, and then you put machines to fight.

No it's not technically cheating. There have been special additions to Festa previously to make things more interesting as well (minor exposition that got cut). This time too, to make things more exciting and unpredictable they allowed the Puppets to fight instead of Ernesta and Camilla (well leaving aside the dealings in the shadows anyway).

The actual reason about Festa isn't about finding out the strongest fighter but rather entertainment using the Genestella and their fighting prowess (no battle to the death and that's a good thing). This tournament has tag team fights and the next one has 5-man team battles. The prize is having one of their wish granted as long as it's within the realm of possibility for the Integrated Enterprise and not something heinous.

Also the commentators also talked about how puppet are still controlled externally by humans or they weren't advanced enough to keep up with Genestella. Ardi and Rimsi are new types and much more advanced and that was something not within anyone's expectations.

Nov 28, 2015 8:59 PM

Jun 2014
Seepos said:

at least he kept his promise on not moving for a min lol
Nov 28, 2015 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, finally the struggles of Festa begin, I was eager to see the quality of adaptation about the battles, but I enjoyed of the fights, Ayato and Julis begun demonstrating superiority, but strong opponents already have been shown, I want to see how this adaptation will continue ..
Nov 28, 2015 10:41 PM

Dec 2014
The female puppet is cuter than when i have imagined her while reading the LNs... :)

Pls don't show Ayato's powering up scene for every episode....

Kirin <3
Nov 28, 2015 10:48 PM

Aug 2013
Have a feeling that vampire girl is just going to be that annoying crazy chick who seems super strong to anybody who doesn't know about her abilities and she gets all cocky and shit and has that attitude that only cares about fighting and bloodlust.

Good to see CR is still spelling Allekant as Arlequint. Oh well, it's not like they're paid to be smart...or good at their job.
Nov 28, 2015 10:56 PM
Aug 2012
Jonesy974 said:
Have a feeling that vampire girl is just going to be that annoying crazy chick who seems super strong to anybody who doesn't know about her abilities and she gets all cocky and shit and has that attitude that only cares about fighting and bloodlust.

Nah man....she has more to her character. She and Dirk were talking about her sister remember?

Jonesy974 said:

Good to see CR is still spelling Allekant as Arlequint. Oh well, it's not like they're paid to be smart...or good at their job.

Garradsworth turned into Galahworth now. Julis's name was shown different in subsequent scenes.....what will CR show us next?

Nov 28, 2015 11:18 PM

Dec 2013
Not bad for the start of the Phoenix. I enjoyed the first fight for Ayato, and loved how they swapped the exposition of their Festa tactics for a conversation (though it sounded weird since it was a convo between themselves... like they were suppose to have already discussed it all way beforehand... would've been better as a flashback convo IMO).
Ardi and Rimsi were great! I loved their Seiyuu voices, I was expecting Ardi to be a bit more comically deadpan but I'll take it. Rimsi's voice and attitude was perfect, just what I expected whilst reading the LN.
Oh and yes Irene's introduction was good as well. We'll see enough of her in the next episode for sure.

And the subbers really should go check up on the LNs. It's not really hard to find the correct names for every character and school. Reading the subs really rubbed me the wrong way.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 28, 2015 11:34 PM
Oct 2015
Jonesy974 said:
I can forgive them for that, but not for the Galahadworth part. After all, unlike the other schools, Garrardworth's name was written on-screen in big latin letters in the first episode.
Nov 29, 2015 12:38 AM

Aug 2013
Ryuutobi said:
Jonesy974 said:
I can forgive them for that, but not for the Galahadworth part. After all, unlike the other schools, Garrardworth's name was written on-screen in big latin letters in the first episode.

Christ, forgot about that one too. Just like last week too they mentioned the Gryps festival and straight up changed it to Gryphon IIRC.

They are literally butchering the shit out of these subs.

It's funny, I'm watching Shinmai Maou too, and every episode has had a shit ton of spelling and grammar errors. Which I'm totally ok with, because I get that they're trying to sub it as fast as possible. And even though they may forget to put a space between words or leave out a letter or something, they always manage to get the terminology right. Like oh, they spelled "battle" as "battel" on accident. Ok, well at least they aren't misspelling names, places, weapons, spells, etc.

CR dropping the fucking ball with this one. And there are so many sources to check from too.

If anything they're actually making their job harder my coming up with some made up fucking word for the translation rather than using the correctly spelled word right from the source material.
Nov 29, 2015 12:47 AM
Apr 2015
Also, the official names are on the Asterisk website.
Nov 29, 2015 2:02 AM

Dec 2013
Jonesy974 said:
CR dropping the fucking ball with this one. And there are so many sources to check from too.

Don't blame CR, it's not their fault. Aniplex is responsible for TL as Asterisk is being simulcasted on both Crunchyroll and Daisuki. The thing is, Aniplex doesn't really care about quality. Daisuki has bad video and terrible font. It doesn't apply to CR, but they can't do anything about TL.
Nov 29, 2015 2:09 AM
May 2015
SchwingBoner said:

Oh yeah, finally the Festas. First fight ended way too quickly. Second one was definitely more interesting.
Looking forward to seeing them fight the puppets.

These puppets talk too much.
Nov 29, 2015 5:00 AM

Sep 2015
god that episode was bad....

funny overpowered robots that are going to be destroyed in two episodes....no thanks

Nov 29, 2015 5:09 AM

Jul 2015
is it just me or do the fighting scenes feel short? is it just strictly following the manga or A-1 saving money? i just want to see claudia ENFIELD fight please
Nov 29, 2015 5:16 AM

Feb 2014
ANA1979 said:
is it just me or do the fighting scenes feel short? is it just strictly following the manga or A-1 saving money? i just want to see claudia ENFIELD fight please

I'm not surprised that the fight scenes are short, considering that the tournament only just started. The later rounds and especially the last 32 should have much longer battles. =D

The puppets have an amusing chemistry together, but Aldy's shield must be ridiculously tough if it can shrug off a powerful twister attack like that.

Kirin was adorable once again, with her receiving a head rub from Ayato. Saya was fortunate enough to get a head rub as well, but her motto though, "Bigger is better.", just screams out MANY sexual innuendoes. My mind must be a little bit perverted today. >_<

Looking forward to the next battles, hopefully involving Saya and Kirin. =D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

202 by Dennywibu »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

116 by POLYTRON2K »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

324 by animegamerrose »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

180 by Gutzdeep42 »»
May 29, 2023 5:17 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

122 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 27, 2023 5:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.