Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2015 9:33 AM
Sep 2013
Im just going to wait and sees what happens. If its Haise with all his memories in tact then fine. I just want him to stop having these continuing mental break down and finally get a hold of himself. Be ready to fight and stand on his own feet again. To know his friends If hes the same psycho then fine too the fandom will have who they hold so dear kaneki. Im ready to see Haise or whoever to stop being in CCG or stay in it as undercover but still know the truth.
Nov 17, 2015 9:50 AM

Jul 2014
ichii_1 said:
Oh God just kill off haise for real already, its obvious he isn't dead for good.
Make a big scene with all the q's then kill them all off and bring kaneki back for good.

Kaneki is gonna be badass then haise will come back way later on taking over kaneki again, yuck :(

He can't kill Haise without killing Kaneki you know? eh... adorable
Nov 17, 2015 10:23 AM
Apr 2014
So the revelation of his mommy beating him when he was a kid changes everything, that white haired kid is the truth. And black haired, white haired Kaneki and Haise were just lying to themselves, especially Haise, fuck that guy. Now the real Kaneki wakes up.
lel Eto casually revealing her face to Shuu and Haise.
Nov 17, 2015 10:26 AM

Aug 2014
I swear Furuta is one hell of an actor xD

To think i didn't pick up on the foreshadowing regarding Kaneki's mum...as always good shit Ishida!
Nov 17, 2015 10:53 AM

Jul 2013
MY BRUH KANEKI!!
Nov 17, 2015 11:01 AM

Mar 2014
Yeah Kaneki is back, this would be a good fight !!
Nov 17, 2015 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
It's incredible how suave some of you are... dear god...

| meh ruined
ArcanixNov 17, 2015 11:32 AM
Nov 17, 2015 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
FunkyNano said:
Looks like Kaneki's "rest" is over, It's rather tragic because (I think anyone who cared for Kaneki as a character would agree) his life as Sasaki was so much healthier and despite the circumstances he was actually surrounded by a lot of people who cared for him. I see Sasaki as the true personality of Kaneki, or rather, the personality Kaneki would have grown up to have if he didn't have such a shitty life

Yeah, he had family and could protect it, had support. Also he was on the "human side", so no hunting for food and morally challenging alliances.
Nov 17, 2015 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
So this is the last chapter of the volume? I wonder who's going to be on the cover... pls no Karen.
Nov 17, 2015 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
FunkyNano said:
Arcanix said:
So this is the last chapter of the volume? I wonder who's going to be on the cover... pls no Karen.

I thought this was the first chapter of the new volume

Hmm maybe you're right, but this ending makes a lot more sense for a volume. I don't really know for sure... i guess it would be a great beginning for a new volume too :D.
Nov 17, 2015 12:43 PM

Mar 2012
That's some huge death flag on Kaneki.

And considering the last page, it seems this is where Kaneki will be permanently back. Considering how it said "Goodnight Haise" and "I had enough of dreaming".

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Nov 17, 2015 1:09 PM

Sep 2014
Eto causing problems to everyone as usual. I hate her because of this but she makes the plot at least more interesting.
Furuta is a goddamn good actor. The clowns will have the last laugh, I guess.
Shirazu is playing the hero, I hope he will survive. Where are Urie & Mutsuki?...
How did Eto give Karen a boost? She touched Karen's mouth, but has it something to do with the boos? Or were Eto's words the source of Karen's powers?
I hope Haise's conciousness will merge with Kaneki's conciousness SOON and not never. PLS Ishida no more trolls...
Nov 17, 2015 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
Eto didn't give Karen a "boost"... she fucked up Kaneki... the joy of reading the chapter.
Nov 17, 2015 1:43 PM

Mar 2014
Yes.
Yes.
I can feel it in my bones.
Nov 17, 2015 1:50 PM

Sep 2014
Arcanix said:
Eto didn't give Karen a "boost"... she fucked up Kaneki... the joy of reading the chapter.

Karen should be KO at the end of the last chapter. And in this chapter, all of a sudden, Karen has all her powers again, fully restored.
It seems too strange to not belive that Eto did something to Karen, I THINK.

Stop thinking you know everything. Everyone interprets in their own way what happened in this chapter since it is a lot of the times unclear and we do not have the next chapter to prove. So respect other interpretations, or stop thinking you know everything.
Nov 17, 2015 1:53 PM

Jul 2014
I don't know everything, but i do know more than you. "Karen wasn't KO" and "Eto did KO Kaneki" and that's that. Read the chapter before arguing with me.

But nah, she totally touched her fucking lips and basically made her god level. You're flipping hopeless...

You even have the damn dialogue(but i doubt you saw it) "Come now! We don't have much time... and so on" -- so Karen was wasting time waking up because she was beaten. What was Kaneki doing? Lying on the fucking ground because Eto demolished him.

There you go. Now try doing the same. Page one-check image-read from right to left. page two same and so on until you are done. "Remember to read" "
ArcanixNov 17, 2015 2:01 PM
Nov 17, 2015 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
Rest in pizzas Haise

Kaneki all the way!
Nov 17, 2015 2:39 PM

Jun 2013
seeing all these really excited comments that Kaneki will be back-- I'm actually kind of concerned about him coming back;; seeing how he wanted to die/is suicidal-- when he saw Arima for the first time he was hoping Arima would kill him. I just hope he'll be fine and stable when he does come back :^ (

great emotional chapter tho 10/10
Nov 17, 2015 3:26 PM

Jun 2014
My man Kaneki is coming back. But the last oage did his hair became black? Or is it just the blood that is coming from his injuries?
Nov 17, 2015 3:28 PM

Aug 2010
This chapter.... another huge plot point revealed. I am completely speechless after this chapter. I can officially say that no manga comes close to this one for me.

"Goodnight Haise" to me means waking up and no more hiding from his "true" self. We now know that the Kaneki we saw throughout TG isn't even the original Kaneki. He was missing some of his memories even then. This chapter pretty much tells us that Kaneki was always living in a dream since part 1 and now in Re as Haise.

The new 'Kaneki' will finally be the true him and he is only able to accomplish this thanks to the "Haise" persona.
Nov 17, 2015 3:34 PM

Jul 2014
Could the people that think that "Kaneki is coming back" tell me what they mean by that?
So what do you think that it will happen next?
How is Haise going to "disappear" and how is Kaneki going to "reappear"?
Nov 17, 2015 3:40 PM

Oct 2013
I honestly can't tell when there's a hype chapter and when their isn't a hype chapter, since you guys in the Tokyo ghoulre chapter discussion threads hype up every chapter in this series. But its to be expected, since only the hardcore fans of Tokyo ghoulre actually post here.

Anyways, I hope RE picks up soon, because part 2 of Tokyo ghoul has been a huge disappointment. The bit on Kaneki was interesting though.

3/5
Nov 17, 2015 4:13 PM

Mar 2015
keragamming said:
I honestly can't tell when there's a hype chapter and when their isn't a hype chapter, since you guys in the Tokyo ghoulre chapter discussion threads hype up every chapter in this series. But its to be expected, since only the hardcore fans of Tokyo ghoulre actually post here.

Anyways, I hope RE picks up soon, because part 2 of Tokyo ghoul has been a huge disappointment. The bit on Kaneki was interesting though.

3/5

Are you actually reading the chapters ? This whole arc has been awesome and this chapter here is among the best of the manga( counting the original series and this one) for it's sheer intensity and revelations
Nov 17, 2015 4:17 PM
Nov 2015
"Goodnight Haise....I've had enough of dreaming." I'm still confused, was it Kaneki who said that? Or was it just Haise accepting Kaneki? Whatever it may be I'm super excited now!!!!!!
Nov 17, 2015 4:28 PM

Mar 2015
SamDoirium said:
"Goodnight Haise....I've had enough of dreaming." I'm still confused, was it Kaneki who said that? Or was it just Haise accepting Kaneki? Whatever it may be I'm super excited now!!!!!!

It was Haise
Nov 17, 2015 4:32 PM

Dec 2012
I have a feeling this Kaneki will be a brand new Keneki because everytime we see Kaneki awakens his personality changes like the beginning of Tokyo ghoul Kaneki turned into White hair Kaneki then he turned into Haise. We haven't seen the real Kaneki yet the one when Kaneki was a kid yet.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Nov 17, 2015 4:34 PM

Apr 2013
That Eto service.
The more we get from Kaneki's past the more sad it gets...
Damn so hyped for the next chapter, can't wait for it.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Nov 17, 2015 4:39 PM

Oct 2014
Who says: "I am a sweet dream."? It would be totally ironic coming from Chibineki, that combines more with Haise by your life be a "sweet dream", but it seems que he is not saying that.

It may be that still the Haise in the end because the phrase: "Goodnight, Haise" by Shironeki the context that implies: "I leave with you my salvation, goodbye." But the phrase "I've had enough of dreaming" implies that it is no longer Haise it's there, but nothing meant that the Shironeki returned. It may be something "new" in the next chapter.

Every time I read "acceptance" or "merge" in the comments gives me a cold bitch in the belly of you want the Haise/Kaneki say in the next chapter "Bankai!" or "Saigo no Getsuga Tensho!" or it enters the "kyuubi mode", Ugh !!
haunter_exNov 17, 2015 4:49 PM
Nov 17, 2015 5:24 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It's time for Kaneki to come back! I still think Sasaki's character will still exist inside Kaneki, but yeah, ass-kicking level is back!

6/5
Nov 17, 2015 5:25 PM

Sep 2010
Black Kaneki was a lie.
White Kaneki was a role.
Haise Sasaki was a dream.
Who really is Ken Kaneki?
Nov 17, 2015 6:59 PM

Dec 2013
Get off the hype train guys. That isn't Kaneki.

He's still Haise but he is gonna be different.

Old white hair wtfomfgzop Kaneki will most probably never be back. His outrage is too difficult to control from an author's point of view.

I'm only hoping for Haise to regain all the lost memories and remember everyone.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 17, 2015 7:12 PM

Apr 2015
if you look carefully at the last page, his hair is black not white. The one surfacing is not white-haired Kaneki, but instead the "Real" kaneki. I mean, we found out in this chapter that part 1 Kaneki was a liar, regarding his mom. His mom was a b*tch, not a kind hearted, nice to everyone, cares for everyone, etc. Part 1 Kaneki made up those false memories to cope / hide that he's a tragic person that has always been beat by the ones he loved most. As Hide said, Kaneki is a good actor. He's been acting (putting on a mask) since part 1, LOL. But now, it seems the real kaneki (unmasked) is about to come. and he wants to fucking die. at least in a heroic style. GG Ishida.
Nov 17, 2015 7:37 PM

Jul 2010
I got to say I love this chapter ,but as far as dialogue , I am so sad .... I mean sure Kaneki is back and all ,but to think Kaneki was lying about his mother and the fact that he got the lying part from his mother .the black goat egg the fact that he is turning into his mother.
I mean who would of thought his childhood was bad as far as abuse from s mother.

To think Eto looked cool outside of her kakuja.
But she is one sick person and still Kanae attacks Sasaki .
Shirazu what are you doing?! Suicide?!
Was that Furuta?! The guy with the glasses?
Sad about Matsumae and Sasaki .
Nov 17, 2015 7:40 PM

Jul 2010
Benphyre said:
Get off the hype train guys. That isn't Kaneki.

He's still Haise but he is gonna be different.

Old white hair wtfomfgzop Kaneki will most probably never be back. His outrage is too difficult to control from an author's point of view.

I'm only hoping for Haise to regain all the lost memories and remember everyone.

Thank you for that , I wanted people to know that he really isn't back "back" I mean waking up from where he has been he is gonna be a different person.
Nov 17, 2015 8:00 PM

Jan 2014
Raven-kun said:
That's some huge death flag on Kaneki.

And considering the last page, it seems this is where Kaneki will be permanently back. Considering how it said "Goodnight Haise" and "I had enough of dreaming".

Don't think so. Shironeki tasked Haise with some things so I think atm he's just here to make sure Haise lives on to do those things.
Nov 17, 2015 8:56 PM

Jul 2013
Omg. That chin touch on Chapter 140 of the main series, that foreshadowing. I don't even know what to believe about Kaneki anymore. How much of it is lies?
Nov 17, 2015 9:02 PM

Jan 2015
So by the looks of it we'll be finally seeing what the OG Kaneki is really like? Should be hype as fuck, since Ishida has been foreshadowing this for a while I expect some God level characterization.

Really want to have full confirmation on what happened to the rest of the Q's.

One thing I desperately want is that, the actual Kaneki knows/remembers everything.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Nov 17, 2015 9:57 PM
Dec 2013
WHAT A FUCKED UP CHAPTER BUT SHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT WAS INTENSE KANEKI YOUR FUNALLLY HERE... WHY AM I CRYING SO MUCH
Abdel_Killa17
Nov 17, 2015 10:37 PM

Sep 2014
Arcanix said:
I don't know everything, but i do know more than you. "Karen wasn't KO" and "Eto did KO Kaneki" and that's that. Read the chapter before arguing with me.

But nah, she totally touched her fucking lips and basically made her god level. You're flipping hopeless...

You even have the damn dialogue(but i doubt you saw it) "Come now! We don't have much time... and so on" -- so Karen was wasting time waking up because she was beaten. What was Kaneki doing? Lying on the fucking ground because Eto demolished him.

There you go. Now try doing the same. Page one-check image-read from right to left. page two same and so on until you are done. "Remember to read" "
It's kind of you that you explained everything but that doesn't interest me a bit. The only thing that interests me is the fact that Karen seemed kind of "boosted" and you still have no proof from where this boost comes or if it's a boost at all. What you are saying is an hypothesis as well as what I'm saying is an hypothesis. I'm not saying that I'm or that you'r right. I'm tryinh to discuss "what" and "IF".
Nov 17, 2015 11:12 PM
Jan 2015
Dragon5xD said:
Arcanix said:

It's kind of you that you explained everything but that doesn't interest me a bit. The only thing that interests me is the fact that Karen seemed kind of "boosted" and you still have no proof from where this boost comes or if it's a boost at all. What you are saying is an hypothesis as well as what I'm saying is an hypothesis. I'm not saying that I'm or that you'r right. I'm tryinh to discuss "what" and "IF".

Ignore him. All he is is a complete bigot. He tries to prop up his infantile intellect by putting others down. Besides thats what I thought at first too. It makes sense and it isn't farfetched because of the modification that Eto made on Kanae's Kagune. Anything is possible so the Bigot should keep quiet.
Nov 17, 2015 11:39 PM
Nov 2015
I dont understand one thing, who who was the one who kept saying "die Kaneki, die,i dont want to be happy, disappear"?. was it kaneki or haise? thanks
Nov 18, 2015 12:05 AM

Jan 2010
GOODNIGHT, HAISE.
I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF DREAMING.
NO MORE DREAMING, NO MORE WAKING.

Ishida Sui's writing is a masterpiece.

TakemotoRyuuta said:
I dont understand one thing, who who was the one who kept saying "die Kaneki, die,i dont want to be happy, disappear"?. was it kaneki or haise? thanks

When he's talking like that, it's internal dialogue for not only himself as Haise, but for Kaneki too, so I think it's for both of him, or him as a 'whole' being. By saying "I should have died that day," and "Kill me, kill me, Haise, me, die," I think he's referring to his WHOLE self in general. He doesn't want to be alive as anything. In that moment of mental weakness, he just wants to die, and thinks he should have died when Arima 'killed him', instead of 'sleeping' like he has been. So he's talking to both Haise and Kaneki at the same time. I hope that makes sense.
deadaccount0000Nov 18, 2015 12:10 AM
Nov 18, 2015 12:51 AM

Dec 2014
kktheman1 said:
Dragon5xD said:

Ignore him. All he is is a complete bigot. He tries to prop up his infantile intellect by putting others down. Besides thats what I thought at first too. It makes sense and it isn't farfetched because of the modification that Eto made on Kanae's Kagune. Anything is possible so the Bigot should keep quiet.
Arcanix is a bigot sometimes, but he's stating facts. Eto struck Kaneki and pinned him into the ground. Kanae was struck with fear when Eto showed up and used the chance while Sasaki is injured and stunned to attack him.
Nov 18, 2015 1:03 AM
Jul 2014
Sparteh said:
Great chapter! At the very least it is now in my top 3 chapters of Re list.

That flashback with Chibineki and His mom was quite disturbing. For me those 2 images simply don't mix. I mean kind and hardworking woman and sadist who beat her son... I wonder how much we can trust Kaneki's memories now. Maybe something dark happened with his dad as well and he simply forces himself to believe that he SIMPLY died...

Ignoring those "Kaneki is back" comments, how do you guys interpretate Haise and Kaneki's chat?

Yeah, the whole thing with Kaneki's mom made me really sad and confused, I don't know about his dad tho... who knows, this has been a crazy ride :p

I think that Haise always knew that he knew the truth (idk if I'm making myself clear, but yeah), but he just supressed those memories because either he 1- couldn't face the fact that he didn't die, the way he was supposed to, 2- after all the drama and suffering kaneki went through, he saw a chance to kinda of start over and do things correctly (chasing ghouls instead of pairing with them, because they're supposed to be the "bad guys"), 3- he adopted the persona Haise as a way to deal with all that was happening, in a personality-desorder sort of way...

Either way, that was a fantastic chapter, I'm glad things are like this, for a while there, the story was moving at a really slow pace, at least now we get to see some Kaneki. I wonder when will Touka and the rest of Anteiku step in the story again.
Nov 18, 2015 1:16 AM

Jul 2014
kawaiiburton said:

Yeah, the whole thing with Kaneki's mom made me really sad and confused, I don't know about his dad tho... who knows, this has been a crazy ride :p

Soon we're going to find out that the mother killed the father and covered it up and at some point little boy Kaneki killed his own mother... 10/10 story by Ishida.
Nov 18, 2015 1:23 AM
Nov 2015
I dont understans what happened at the end, did Kaneki say "i had enough of dreaming" and take over haise? or is it just Haise remembering who he was? This chapter is so CONFUSING FOR ME!!!
Nov 18, 2015 2:05 AM

Jul 2014
TakemotoRyuuta said:
I dont understans what happened at the end, did Kaneki say "i had enough of dreaming" and take over haise? or is it just Haise remembering who he was? This chapter is so CONFUSING FOR ME!!!

Well, maybe the next chapter is going to lower your confusion, so look forward for that.
Nov 18, 2015 2:21 AM
Sep 2012
That was confusing with his mum, especially considering it was shown completely differently in part 1. Looks like Kaneki is back (or not really). Like others have said, I reckon he'll be a new kind of Kaneki because we find out that everything we've seen of his character so far has been a lie. Will be pretty cool to see what he's really like.
Nov 18, 2015 4:02 AM

Mar 2015
lukeycow said:
That was confusing with his mum, especially considering it was shown completely differently in part 1. Looks like Kaneki is back (or not really). Like others have said, I reckon he'll be a new kind of Kaneki because we find out that everything we've seen of his character so far has been a lie. Will be pretty cool to see what he's really like.

Selective memory is a thing

It just means Kaneki is an unreliable narrator
Nov 18, 2015 5:08 AM
Apr 2014
lukeycow said:

That's exactly how I interpret it.
Basically he came to accept that his mum was beating him and stopped denying it, and now he wakes up from the Haise bullshit and wants to die.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.