Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 14, 2015 6:37 AM

Oct 2013
Thanks to Mashima, I started hating Erza after reading the manga having this fight. I'm not going to complain much now but I'm happy this bs is over.

Looks like 2 more episodes till this arc ends?
Nov 14, 2015 7:15 AM

Jun 2013
Nov 14, 2015 7:32 AM

Feb 2015
The battle was okay, not too intense. fighting with wills.
well , decent battle overall. but Face......
Next episode title "The girl in the crystal" <<< What is this mean? makes me want to read the manga. is it Mavis? or who? Makarov will appear out of nowhere with Mavis or with the girl in the crystal? and i think acnologia will start to talk in the next episode.
Nov 14, 2015 8:37 AM

Oct 2014
Thought the Erza part of keeping on fighting even though she got all her senses sealed was pretty damn cheesy to be honest....

Oh well, I guess the other parts were good and we sure got a damn cliffhanger on this ep :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2015 9:08 AM

Dec 2009
Nuvi said:
Thanks to Mashima, I started hating Erza after reading the manga having this fight. I'm not going to complain much now but I'm happy this bs is over.

Looks like 2 more episodes till this arc ends?

Uh no, like 6-7 more episodes.
Nov 14, 2015 9:32 AM
May 2015
Weakest fight in FT by far. I read the manga so I knew. I actually would with Lily's "other senses manifested" thing, in fact aren't there sensory types in the manga or something? I'll just assume Erza somehow activated some sense that allowed her to perceive the actual magic aura (or curse in this case) of someone. There's also the whole "I can feel your instinct to kill" thing done by other manga he could've used.

In the other side of the fight, Kyouka was literally just given a power that's God-Tier (and she didn't even use it right). She says she can keep strengthening her power but she didn't become Mard Geer level or anything (I'll just chalk this up to only becoming as strong as the body itself can handle) or it has to do with she couldn't use her full power due to linking with Face. I still don't understand the senses thing, if her curse is strengthening then how can she even affect the senses (besides strengthening them)?
Nov 14, 2015 10:01 AM

May 2014
Yo this episode was so goddamn weak and shitty. I could enjoy the Acnologia x Igneel part because that was actually amazing.
But the total amount of BULLSHIT that Erza x Kyoka match has is too fucking much. I mean could Hiro not think of an other way to fix this fight?
Gladly I had already read the manga so I already knew of this but fuck these two episodes were a waste. At least the background music was okay.
1/5, this episode was absolutely garbage.
KamSungNov 14, 2015 10:06 AM
Nov 14, 2015 10:07 AM

Dec 2014
i guess..may b the creator's were so confident about that the viewers must have remembered about her artificial eye thing they never bothered to explain her tolerance/resistance level ...

so I'll take this as a good thing..

Nov 14, 2015 12:23 PM
Oct 2015
Erza!(Sprinkling some heart icon)! She is OP and im OK with that :D
Nov 14, 2015 12:33 PM
Jan 2015
ReinhardVonMusel said:
Question: If Erza was stripped of her sense of touch then why on Earth is she supposed to feel pain?

"I've stolen her five senses and increased her pain sensitivity to the max" <-- What, this doesn't make any sense.

Pain is separate from the sense of touch. It was formerly believed that pain was overload of the sense of pressure (which falls under "touch"); however, the pain receptors are distinct from pressure receptors.

It's hard to say what kind of effect Kyouka's curse would have on the CNS, but the pain areas of the brain are also distinct from the touch areas just as the pain receptors are distinct from touch receptors (pain seems to be registered in the anterior cingulate cortex, whereas the sense of touch is located in the postcentral gyrus). Then again, it's hard to say how people's brains work in Fairy Tail land. The thing that bugged me about "I've stolen her five senses" the most is that there are more than 5 senses (in fact, there are 20 or so known senses; again, who knows how many senses people in Fairy Tail land have)
Nov 14, 2015 1:29 PM

Jul 2015
Erza has developed a new sense. A SENSE OF NAKAMAS.
Nov 14, 2015 2:26 PM

Nov 2009
Why does Erza always get the bullshit fights? :(
Nov 14, 2015 2:41 PM

Dec 2013
Cowheart said:

Nov 14, 2015 2:43 PM

May 2015
Cowheart said:

coz she is erza
Nov 14, 2015 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Cowheart said:

This.
Nov 14, 2015 8:10 PM

Mar 2014
Ozymandias20 said:
Erza has developed a new sense. A SENSE OF NAKAMAS.
You do know she's had this power since (or maybe even earlier, I forget) Edolas?
Nov 14, 2015 8:11 PM

Mar 2014
Cowheart said:
She doesn't get the bullshit fights, she just makes the outcome bullshit.
Nov 15, 2015 12:45 AM
Mar 2015
Also has anyone noticed that this studio focuses and makes the extended fights or anime original fights scenes better than the canon fight scenes?
For ex: laxus vs tempesta anime original fight was a hell lot a better animated than the canon one
Acno vs igneel in today's episode was extended anime original fight which was better than previous episode
Also I remember during Gmg, gray and juvia's combo attack against atlas flame was better animated than the real one.Even rufus's attack looked lot better and so did jura's in anime extended attacks and fight
Nov 15, 2015 9:17 AM

Apr 2015
Everyone is talking how much the episode is trash and you know, they are totally right ffs.
All Erza's fight outcomes are predetermined by her victory after being completely useless and then using the power o friendship. Good stuff, the best plot (-_-)
Nov 15, 2015 11:48 AM

Feb 2014
That asspull >_> erza always be winning with the power of friendship or somethin. like jesus.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Nov 15, 2015 11:59 AM
Nov 2015
Omfg seriously the amount of hate on this episode is absolutely ridiculous fairy tail is at an amazing part of the anime I thought this episode was fucking great ok animation may not have been perfect all the way through but the build up to face was fantastic and I didn't expect it at the end.

Also the acnologia and igneel fight was fucking awesome and the natsu and Mard geer one is heating up to not to mention how great the story telling was. As for the Erza vs kyoka fight I really do not get all the hate I mean it wasn't the most intense fight but it had a good story and was inspiring I loved the scene after Erza lost her senses and still fought back. It is a world of magic what do u expect? U cannot complain about that seriously guys what's all the fuss about was 5/5 for me one of the best most intense episodes I've seen can't wait for next week
Drfilthy_dubNov 15, 2015 12:10 PM
Nov 15, 2015 2:57 PM

Jan 2008
Lol this episode was so dumb. Felt like I was watching a hentai the entire time with whats her name's ability to increase sensitivity of others. I swear that's her only purpose, as doujinshi bait for some bdsm with Erza.

The 5 sense things but overcome with nakama power was even dumber.
Nov 15, 2015 7:17 PM

Mar 2014
Drfilthy_dub said:
Omfg seriously the amount of hate on this episode is absolutely ridiculous fairy tail is at an amazing part of the anime I thought this episode was fucking great ok animation may not have been perfect all the way through but the build up to face was fantastic and I didn't expect it at the end.

Also the acnologia and igneel fight was fucking awesome and the natsu and Mard geer one is heating up to not to mention how great the story telling was. As for the Erza vs kyoka fight I really do not get all the hate I mean it wasn't the most intense fight but it had a good story and was inspiring I loved the scene after Erza lost her senses and still fought back. It is a world of magic what do u expect? U cannot complain about that seriously guys what's all the fuss about was 5/5 for me one of the best most intense episodes I've seen can't wait for next week
How about 'ya make that post with your real account, huh buddy? Then we'll care about your ignorant opinion.
Nov 16, 2015 11:47 AM

May 2014
A bit too much fanservice and maybe little too much Nakama power. I mean Erza could stand up a minute after she lost all her senses. I mean wtf? I think it would have been better if someone jumped in for her.

It just way too much nakama power for someone to fight without any of their 5 senses. This is totally bullshit. LOL, I guess Happy were right, "she is Erza". xD

Anyways, they had a decent animation. So my rating will be 3/5.
Nov 16, 2015 11:53 AM

May 2014
ReinhardVonMusel said:
Question: If Erza was stripped of her sense of touch then why on Earth is she supposed to feel pain?

"I've stolen her five senses and increased her pain sensitivity to the max" <-- What, this doesn't make any sense.

LOL, I know right. ANd how much is that woman's durability. Over 9000? xD This nakama-power become too much if you ask me.
Nov 16, 2015 11:58 AM

May 2014
Ichigostar234 said:
Fairy Tail on that Nakama power up again, but this is on a whole new level of derpiness. Hiro Mashima has really just given up writing his manga properly, the series had a good start but went sour fast after the defeat of Laxus.
I really hope Fairy Tail would get cancelled, but that aint gonna happen because all those readers in japan only care about the Fanservice and Nakama power ups.
Godspeed Fairy Tail. Godspeed.

I hope it doesn't get cancelled for one single reason and that is the music and OST. I can't see a future without it. xD As long as the music is on top, I hope they continue the animation. :P
Nov 16, 2015 12:09 PM

May 2014
chaosflame5 said:
Nakama powerup lol. This never fails xD yes, it's overused lmao Yeah, the fight sure is average, an explanation is required for how Erza was able to kick Kyouka's butt again despite all that pain (extra scenes in BD? But nah...no chance). Magic eye as some people above said is indeed a good reason, but I always think her torturous days back in Tower of Heaven made her much tougher and able to endure the pain, even to the bone. Too bad they never showed the reason(s), and of course "because she's Erza!"...Happy, your explanation sure is too simple to be convinced xD Well, looking forward to the next episode, as I kinda spoiled myself (due to curiosity) regarding who that girl in a crystal is and what it might be referring to.

Well, then we are two in the same shoes. >.> I also spoiled myself there. hhaah
Nov 16, 2015 12:20 PM

May 2014
ZubZubZub said:
ReinhardVonMusel said:

Pain is separate from the sense of touch. It was formerly believed that pain was overload of the sense of pressure (which falls under "touch"); however, the pain receptors are distinct from pressure receptors.

It's hard to say what kind of effect Kyouka's curse would have on the CNS, but the pain areas of the brain are also distinct from the touch areas just as the pain receptors are distinct from touch receptors (pain seems to be registered in the anterior cingulate cortex, whereas the sense of touch is located in the postcentral gyrus). Then again, it's hard to say how people's brains work in Fairy Tail land. The thing that bugged me about "I've stolen her five senses" the most is that there are more than 5 senses (in fact, there are 20 or so known senses; again, who knows how many senses people in Fairy Tail land have)

yeah, you got a point. But if there is no touch receptors to send signals to the brain about pain, how are she supposed to feel it. It's like if you stab your finger with a needle. If you have no receptors there, how are the signal supposed to get to the brain.

But I guess anime logic in FT work differently. Apperently, this fight didn't have much logic or science in it. LOL
Nov 16, 2015 12:26 PM

May 2014
ziggy_Z said:
Drfilthy_dub said:

How about 'ya make that post with your real account, huh buddy? Then we'll care about your ignorant opinion.

Why should we fight over others opinon, lol. Everybody have different opinions. Respect it!
Nov 16, 2015 3:04 PM

Nov 2009
ziggy_Z said:
Cowheart said:
She doesn't get the bullshit fights, she just makes the outcome bullshit.

If the outcome is bullshit, it makes the fight bullshit for me.

Mashima should really be able to write better fights for Erza. He wrote Rave Master, where Haru used a sword with multiple forms. Erza's power is nearly the same but with armor, and this is even referenced in the Edolas arc where Edolas Erza uses the transforming spear named after Haru's sword. Potentially we could have some really interesting battles where Erza uses a combination of different armors to win, but instead she gets her ass kicked until the bullshit kicks in.
Nov 16, 2015 9:21 PM

Nov 2014
OH NOES =0

When Igneel grabbed Acnologia and slammed him onto the ground
Me: CHARIZARD USED SEISMIC TOSS
Super effective
Nov 17, 2015 4:58 AM

Apr 2014
Will Erza be able to regain her senses?
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Nov 17, 2015 6:51 PM

Dec 2013
vasilis0602 said:
Will Erza be able to regain her senses?

Yes. Once Kyouka dies her curse goes away. Similar how to Silver was released once Keith died.
Nov 18, 2015 11:42 PM

Nov 2014
as a anime only i couldn't belive when manga readers told me that this episode will be the biggest bull shit ever , and i was thinking "impossible to be more bs than the GMG Arc" , well i was wrong this episode alone just make me hate erza that was a litte bit of a good character as a female , i dont know why but everytime they try to make a good female character in a shounen she always ended up being tentacle raped and came with this bs things (SAO reference for the ones who dont know).
This fight just ruin the entire arc for me it would be better if erza just died and acnologia blow up kyoka by mistake ...
Stop the meaningless talk
Nov 19, 2015 9:20 AM

Sep 2015
Just when I thought FT was getting better:((
Another powerup with the help of FRIENDS!!!
When will they quit doing this??
Don't they realize that many people do not like FT because of random powerups?
That's why the reviewers do not like this show...
They should do something about it....
Nov 19, 2015 9:27 AM

Oct 2009
Finally caught up to the anime... And the Erza vs Kyouka fight just made me cringe, and reminded me how bad the fight was when i read it in the manga. Note that Erza used to be one of my favourite character before every chapter after Grimoire Heart arc, just made me realise the whole BS thing about Erza being incapable of losing, will just continue til the end of the manga...

When Happy gave the explanation, "Because, she's Erza". I just felt like Mashima basically saying, 'Hey Peeps, you know how I made Erza into this character who doesn't know the meaning of defeat even though she's completely outmatched. Yeah, you realised that, eh? Looks like you all gonna have to deal with the fact that she's never going to lose, she'll always win through some BS means that I create.'

No disrespect to Mashima, I do enjoy his big works, Rave Master and Fairy Tail. And at least the worst fight in this arc has come to pass.

And for all those who are still complaining and threatening to drop the series. Sure by all means drop it, if you can't take it, why are you suffering this, unless you're all masochists. Ragequit if you must. Otherwise suck it up, deal with it, and enjoy what you have liked from the anime/manga. But if you don't enjoy anything from it since a while ago. Keep at it for a little bit or just drop it and forget how you wasted your time on it.

I don't mind people complaining but if you think it should be discontinued or equivalent, why are you here? Is trolling that fun for you?

P.S. Nakama power-ups are a bit too much. Though it seems as it will always be so for Erza. Gray's new power/power-up was probably necessary for him to stay relevant in the story as well as be a rival to Natsu. His character was weak compared to the others, and so he had his story resolved so he can't start a new quest. Laxus fighting in his heavily injured body is actually not BS, since throughout the series, he has been shown to have probably the most resilient bodies in the whole world of FT. Erza fights have always tended to be over the top, and ended in some BS way, and that probably won't change, though i wish it would.
Theusis3Nov 19, 2015 9:33 AM
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Nov 19, 2015 10:12 AM

Jul 2013
Theusis3 said:
When Happy gave the explanation, "Because, she's Erza". I just felt like Mashima basically saying, 'Hey Peeps, you know how I made Erza into this character who doesn't know the meaning of defeat even though she's completely outmatched. Yeah, you realised that, eh? Looks like you all gonna have to deal with the fact that she's never going to lose, she'll always win through some BS means that I create.

I'm sure that Mashima was trolling when he made Happy say that.
Nov 19, 2015 2:39 PM

Mar 2014
Illyricus said:
Theusis3 said:
When Happy gave the explanation, "Because, she's Erza". I just felt like Mashima basically saying, 'Hey Peeps, you know how I made Erza into this character who doesn't know the meaning of defeat even though she's completely outmatched. Yeah, you realised that, eh? Looks like you all gonna have to deal with the fact that she's never going to lose, she'll always win through some BS means that I create.

I'm sure that Mashima was trolling when he made Happy say that.
It was his way of excusing all of her victories, because he finally realised the kind of character he wrote.
Nov 19, 2015 3:36 PM

Aug 2013
So this was the controversial "Erza BS" I remember manga readers talking about some time ago. Well I usually disagree with many criticisms of Fairy Tail but I found myself shaking my head and saying BULL SHIT out loud when Erza stood up and started fighting with all 5 senses supposedly gone. Firstly, if she had no sense she'd be a complete vegetable, wouldn't be able to feel the ground, or hold a sword, definitely not punch or kick cause she wouldn't feel where the contact was. I can suspend my disbelief quite far for Fairy Tail but this was too much for me.
Nov 20, 2015 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
“She is Erza” is finally here!! Still as much of a bs moment as I remember but even then it was more enjoyable than last time. The animation looked bad this time around though.
Nov 20, 2015 5:02 PM
Oct 2014
Just a new Deus Ex Machina.... Erza...
Nov 21, 2015 1:29 PM

Jun 2013
So this was the Erza bullshit that I kept hearing about. What even was the point of it considering the fact that Face was not stopped?
Nov 21, 2015 3:31 PM

Jan 2011
erza won with friends power
and face activated
Nov 21, 2015 6:47 PM

Mar 2014
Josejua04 said:
Just a new Deus Ex Machina.... Erza...
Erza was always one.
Nov 23, 2015 8:47 PM

Dec 2012
Looks like when Erza lost all her senses, she gained a new sense...The Mashima sense.

Minerva did what Kuririn/Krillin couldn't. Unfortunately, Minerva doesn't have the clutch gene.

Farewell Kyoka. I will miss your oppai and booty shots.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 28, 2015 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
Typical Erza fight, one of the few things that bug me about Fairy Tail are these illogical nakama powerups.
Dec 2, 2015 3:30 AM

Jan 2012
Nice to see my waifu in action again.

Dec 3, 2015 12:21 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Gator said:
Typical Erza fight, one of the few things that bug me about Fairy Tail are these illogical nakama powerups.

The power of friendship BS overpowers everything once again.
Dec 6, 2015 11:13 AM
Jan 2012
Erza lost 5 senses,but continuous fighting remember a Saint Seiya.
laugh smalls with jet e droy.
Dec 9, 2015 4:55 AM

Jul 2012
Lol yet again they "Stop" face only to find out they didn't stop face, Also the title of this episode made it pretty clear that the timer would reach 0 so nice work spoiling your own anime yet again.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.