Forum Settings
Forums

Whats your opinion on Long-Distance relationships?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 9, 2015 5:59 PM

Nov 2013
Ravioli_Ravioli said:
HandsomeMan said:

How about you get out? Don't you have some filthy frank videos to jerk off to?

>"No you"
I see we have resorted to acting like children on the playground now. LOL YOU LIKE THAT AND FIND IT FUNNY YOU MUST JERK OFF TO IT HAHA LOOK AT ME.
Jesus Christ your autism is almost tangible.

You're trying too hard. Like I said, go jerk off to filthy frank.
Nov 9, 2015 6:00 PM
Aug 2015
well this is turning out well
Nov 9, 2015 6:02 PM

Dec 2014
HandsomeMan said:
Repeating yourself now?
Boy, you've run out of ideas.

Jun 2015
HandsomeMan said:
Ravioli_Ravioli said:

>"No you"
I see we have resorted to acting like children on the playground now. LOL YOU LIKE THAT AND FIND IT FUNNY YOU MUST JERK OFF TO IT HAHA LOOK AT ME.
Jesus Christ your autism is almost tangible.

>starts a fight on a forum for talking about anime
>responds to every reply
>can't create a decent insult to save his life
"Y...YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO HARD MAN"

Apr 2015
LMAOSaB
I'm feelin' normal, I'm feelin' myself ♪♪
Nov 9, 2015 6:03 PM

Mar 2012
HandsomeMan said:

>I'm a cool kid, I'm insulting a youtuber.

Yes, I am CD 2.0's overlord.
Nov 9, 2015 6:05 PM

May 2012
No. I need sex. If it was a long distance friendship, then yea.
Nov 9, 2015 6:05 PM

Jan 2015
you boys are lovely
Nov 9, 2015 6:21 PM
Aug 2015
keep going
Nov 9, 2015 6:21 PM

Mar 2008
There is nothing wrong with them. Although they are a waste of effort if a person does not plan on actually visiting the other person at least some day. Would be kind of funny if someone got married online and never met face to face.
Nov 9, 2015 6:24 PM

Oct 2015
Moon- said:
Nyarlathothep said:
"So close, no matter how far ..
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever, trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All this words I don't just say
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
But I know"

<3

Cute.

Yes, it's a beautiful song

Mashiro-Yuki said:
Nyarlathothep said:

My favourite from them. I always thought it was about LDR

It's my favorite too. I used to be really into metal as a whole, but my tastes have mellowed out a lot over the years, so I don't listen to bands like Metallica anymore, really.

This song is pretty chill though.

I generally still like listening metal. I love chill songs ^^
Nov 9, 2015 6:24 PM

Dec 2014
cause said:
keep going
Do you need fap material that badly? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 9, 2015 6:25 PM
Aug 2015
Plz said:
cause said:
keep going

don't stop

almost there
Nov 9, 2015 6:26 PM

Dec 2014
cause said:
Plz said:

don't stop

almost there
⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄
Nov 9, 2015 6:29 PM
Aug 2015
Plz said:
cause said:

don't stop

almost there
⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄

Nov 9, 2015 6:55 PM

May 2009
Nov 9, 2015 7:00 PM

Jul 2015
never ever works
Nov 9, 2015 7:03 PM

Mar 2008
Salvatia said:
never ever works
I know someone who got married to someone they originally met online and had an long distance relationship with.
Nov 9, 2015 7:07 PM

Jan 2014
It takes a ton of effort to make work and most people aren't ready for that. hell, most people aren't ready to put effort into a standard relationship. As MAL's resident hopeless romantic™ I want to believe they can work.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Nov 9, 2015 8:46 PM
Oct 2008
I did the long distance relationship with my husband for a year after we had dated for three months. After about two months apart, we had that epiphany that neither of us wanted to break up yet so we may as well start planning for me to follow him when I graduated university. As Traed said though, I think you actually need to be plan on living together at a specified time in the future though. I don't think we would have worked out if we had not made the decision that it was a temporary arrangement.
Nov 9, 2015 8:53 PM

Apr 2014
[center][size=90]it's not easy, but it works. as long as both people are willing to invest time and effort into the relationship, it can be just as meaningful and valuable as a non-ldr, but of course, it can be very difficult with time zones and not being able to make physical contact, or not being there to hug them when they're sad.
though I've noticed lots of people mention the lack of physical contact being the reason why they don't believe a ldr would be for them, and that's totally okay c: there are others who will pursue a ldr even in consideration of that, and that's also fine! such things aren't always going to be easy, so wanting to be in a ldr [ or not ] seems largely a matter of personal comfort and preference.
it's built on a lot of trust, but really, i do believe it's very possible to build a wonderful relationship even when the people involved may be thousands of miles away. there can be financial or general travel limitations that prevent the people from meeting very often, but that doesn't mean the relationship is worth any less. i feel like there's a negative stigma accompanying ldrs, but at the present it's much more easy to maintain one than it was before, and honestly, why should they be considered bad?
and this doesn't just apply to romantic relationships.

/ casually ignores arguments
palladiaNov 9, 2015 8:57 PM

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Nov 9, 2015 9:02 PM

Jul 2015
No thanks. Very unlikely I would do this. There for more fish in the sea.
Nov 9, 2015 9:02 PM

Jan 2013
What's the point if you can't meet with each other.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2015 9:12 PM

Sep 2015
i'd never do ldr unless i was really serious about someone
Nov 9, 2015 11:12 PM

Nov 2013
Personally I can't see myself being able to do it.

Cheers to whoever can pull it off though.
Nov 9, 2015 11:17 PM

Jun 2008
it only works if you plan reasonably that it will no longer be long distance. the longer you stay long distance, no pun intended, the higher it will fail. if there is no realistic time stamp on when long distance can become within physical distance, that's pretty much a recipe for failure. and time becomes an enemy, not a resource.
Nov 9, 2015 11:23 PM

Oct 2015
My ex and I were gunna have a long distance relationship, but he dumped me before we even started XD. But my bestie was in a relationship with my close guy friend for a while, I guess it worked out for a short while, he still likes her though but I guess my bestie moved on.

So, I think it's worth being in a long-distance relationship depending on who your with.
Nov 9, 2015 11:57 PM

Jun 2014
@handsomeman Kid you messed with the wrong dongerhood

palladia said:
[center][size=90]it's not easy, but it works. as long as both people are willing to invest time and effort into the relationship, it can be just as meaningful and valuable as a non-ldr, but of course, it can be very difficult with time zones and not being able to make physical contact, or not being there to hug them when they're sad.
though I've noticed lots of people mention the lack of physical contact being the reason why they don't believe a ldr would be for them, and that's totally okay c: there are others who will pursue a ldr even in consideration of that, and that's also fine! such things aren't always going to be easy, so wanting to be in a ldr [ or not ] seems largely a matter of personal comfort and preference.
it's built on a lot of trust, but really, i do believe it's very possible to build a wonderful relationship even when the people involved may be thousands of miles away. there can be financial or general travel limitations that prevent the people from meeting very often, but that doesn't mean the relationship is worth any less. i feel like there's a negative stigma accompanying ldrs, but at the present it's much more easy to maintain one than it was before, and honestly, why should they be considered bad?
and this doesn't just apply to romantic relationships.

/ casually ignores arguments

Lol that ending tho.. Great response actually
Moon-Nov 10, 2015 12:04 AM
[center]
Nov 10, 2015 12:41 AM
Aug 2015
Very rarely ever works out in favor of the two individuals.

Tachii said:
it only works if you plan reasonably that it will no longer be long distance. the longer you stay long distance, no pun intended, the higher it will fail. if there is no realistic time stamp on when long distance can become within physical distance, that's pretty much a recipe for failure. and time becomes an enemy, not a resource.

This!

The longer my long distance relationship goes on the longer I feel it simply won't work out. Angst, arguments and petty problems every which way. I've definitely contributed since an intense feeling of worthlessness and low self-esteem gives me good reason (Or so I used to think... Durr ha durr) to be jealous and paranoid of every little thing he would do. Play with a guy friend? That's good. Play with a friend that's a girl? Ohohoho... I lost count on how many fights we had because of just that.

I was always worried of being replaced or abandoned because of personal 1st world problems. And stuff.

Just saving up money, every little bit I can now and hope I'll meet him and see if he really is OK with me. I just don't think another year without seeing each other will do anything except drive the last few nails in the coffin. Hope that when I do it might repair the relationship enough for us to go back to how we were instead of how we are right now, which is a foundation of bitterness because both of us contributing to each other's paranoia, negativity and own personal problems.

Despite this I really discourage people from doing L.D.R.s. I gave up my apartment, a really lovely place, just so I could move back in with my transphobic parents to save up money to go see him sooner. It really wasn't worth it because in the process I gave up what would have made me happy all year. Privacy and independence, as well as not being given mean looks or demeaned since I was in a really tolerant community. Now I'm... back living in hillbilly bumpkin countryside. Yays.

Reconsider your options when you really like someone online. Do you really? Do you want to meet them? If you want to date them, I think you should really meet them within the first year of dating. It isn't rushing as much as confirming things for yourself and to find out if things will work out or not.

And yeah good luck to everyone that presently has an LDR going on. I wish everyone happiness. Short and long term.
Nov 10, 2015 1:50 AM

May 2015
I wouldn't be able to hold it if we meet only two times a year. I need physical contact. I need to feel the're a part of my life.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 10, 2015 1:53 AM

Aug 2013
From witnessing my fair few they never work out.

When people say Well we've been together 2 years! what they mean is they've been chatting with someone online for two years and throw in some skype stripping. wooow except for the stripping that must mean Ive dated loads of people!
Nov 10, 2015 2:13 AM

Oct 2012
I'd become too sexually frustrated to maintain a long distance relationship, so no.
Nov 10, 2015 2:26 AM
Oct 2015
If you and your GF have a strong bond, long distance relationship would work well. i've seen couple of my friends who are still in a long distant relationship for a long time.
Nov 10, 2015 2:46 AM

Aug 2012
Long-distance relationships always tend to make the relationship seem almost not real for me.
Nov 10, 2015 3:02 AM

Mar 2008
Pacifica_Ocean said:

When people say Well we've been together 2 years! what they mean is they've been chatting with someone online for two years and throw in some skype stripping. wooow except for the stripping that must mean Ive dated loads of people!
As opposed to in person chatting and in person stripping. Wow big difference.
Nov 10, 2015 4:44 AM

Jun 2008
traed said:
Pacifica_Ocean said:

there is a big difference between physically close and cuddling with a partner than... seeing them on skype and... saying you are cuddling with them? like, the difference is literally worlds apart. physical touch is known to have physiological effects on the body and i hope im not in a situation where i need to provide sources to back this up.
Nov 10, 2015 4:47 AM

Aug 2013
Tachii said:
traed said:
there is a big difference between physically close and cuddling with a partner than... seeing them on skype and... saying you are cuddling with them? like, the difference is literally worlds apart. physical touch is known to have physiological effects on the body and i hope im not in a situation where i need to provide sources to back this up.

Human touch and physical body closeness hell even smell is all a big part of any species coupling without it you're missing huge chunks of information your body and brain uses to determine if you really are compatable. Its why a lot of online couples who meet up find they're actually not as attracted to each other as previously thought even two peoples body language sends different signals than when separate and says a lot subconsciously to the other person. Romance is far more than similar interests, hobbies and making each other laugh online. I can do all of that with friends and not be sexual or attracted to them. Its why its so easy to get close and make friends over the internet because there's a lot more going on between two people in the same space than two people over skype or talking by text based speech.

as I said I knew someone who was dating a guy online for like 2 years "hes the one" and "he gets me we share everything" were common lines. what happened? they decided to meet in real life for the first time and broke up after one date because who you are online is only like 40% of all the information thats actually shared during romance the rest comes from physical presence.
SpooksNov 10, 2015 4:53 AM
Nov 10, 2015 4:50 AM
Mar 2011
Tachii said:
traed said:

then how do you think people stay loyal to people who have to work away from home fr longs times like people n the miilatray for example
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 10, 2015 4:54 AM
Mar 2011
Bernkastel said:
DateYutaka said:

then how do you think people stay loyal to people who have to work away from home fr longs times like people n the miilatray for example

Then how do potatoes get cooked?

what the fuck does that have ot od with what i said
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 10, 2015 4:55 AM

Jun 2008
DateYutaka said:
Tachii said:

uh, its because they already had that closeness, and can reasonably expect to meet again to share that closeness again would be my guess

and some people would easily cheat when their scenario happens too so... lol
Nov 10, 2015 4:56 AM
Mar 2011
Bernkastel said:
DateYutaka said:

what the fuck does that have ot od with what i said

Exactly.

what i said has connection ot the convo they were having

Nov 10, 2015 5:02 AM
Jul 2018
Bernkastel said:
Daconator said:

My sides.

I'm glad we share similar humor.

But what if MAL users are like....wheelchair martial artists?
Bonus points for having limp arms.
Nov 10, 2015 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
you can't completely trust each other in a long-distance relationship and meeting each other once or twice a year is ridiculous
Nov 10, 2015 5:22 AM

Oct 2010
People need to be together physically because people need physical contact.
So unless you had a date where you were certain it wouldn't be long distance anymore (and it wasn't years away), it wouldn't work out.
Nov 10, 2015 5:24 AM
Jul 2012
cause said:
Plz said:
⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄

Jesus
Nov 10, 2015 6:16 AM

Jun 2014
HandsomeMan said:
Go said:

You should be happy about it, that's a compliment.

Just because your mother calls you that, doesn't mean it's a compliment.

I stopped a while ago to prove how pathetic you are, and you didnt fail !!! thank you, I didnt need to post a word, you simply dug yourself a wider and deeper hole, either ways all that expertise and maturity you were talking about isnt being transpired trough your words and attitude. Thank you and Goodbye

TL;DR: You messed with the wrong dongerhood
[center]
Nov 10, 2015 6:51 AM

May 2014
I think LDRs are fine as long as people don't go over the top and have more of a casual relationship. I've seen so many relationships fail with friends but if you really like the person it's worth a shot
Nov 10, 2015 7:19 AM

Jul 2012
I was kinda against them until I saw this video.

I'm still not interested in internet relationships but I think if I met someone and we had to part, I'd still try to date them.
Nov 10, 2015 7:35 AM

Jul 2013
Can work, if there is commitment on both sides. Not the case most of the times though.
Nov 10, 2015 8:32 AM

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:
I was kinda against them until I saw this video.

I'm still not interested in internet relationships but I think if I met someone and we had to part, I'd still try to date them.

Awww, sooo sweet omg, however not everyone can handle it, so the ones who can are really strong
[center]
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever put someone on the 'Ignored Users' list?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

16 by Playco_Armboy »»
43 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

741 by Hitagi__Furude »»
51 minutes ago

» Do you celebrate your Birthday

ST63LTH - Yesterday

30 by Dachitosoru »»
1 hour ago

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - May 1

61 by Jellyf »»
1 hour ago

» To those who peaked their anime watch time during the pandemic, what are you guys doing now?

rlyvtei - 9 hours ago

6 by Dachitosoru »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.