Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Nov 9, 2015 10:05 AM

Oct 2013
Oh look. Another average episode this week. I was bored out my mind. Those new female characters look interesting. Hopefully they can spice up this series a bit.
Nov 9, 2015 10:27 AM

Jan 2012
SchwingBoner said:

And wtf was Genos writing...

Rofl, I didn't notice all of this while watching the episode. It's full of equations, Saitama's sitting angle, even the price of the manga xD

Nov 9, 2015 10:33 AM

Feb 2015
Spring Mustache's the most fabulous hero!
Nov 9, 2015 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
keragamming said:
Oh look. Another average episode this week. I was bored out my mind. Those new female characters look interesting. Hopefully they can spice up this series a bit.

Considering they'll get very little to no screen time I doubt it. Still, next episode should be the best one yet, so you might change your opinion. If not, I'll doubt you'll ever enjoy the series.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 9, 2015 10:56 AM

Aug 2015
I was skeptical at first, but now i get why One Punch Man is so loved. Every charachter is one of a kind and for the story the anime has this is important. Saitama and Genos are my favourite team in anime history, so much epicness
Nov 9, 2015 10:59 AM

Apr 2014
geralt said:
keragamming said:

Considering they'll get very little to no screen time I doubt it. Still, next episode should be the best one yet, so you might change your opinion. If not, I'll doubt you'll ever enjoy the series.

I think his enjoyment of the show is going to grow as quick as the hair on Saitama's head.

Nov 9, 2015 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
This girl makes my heart beat faster, I hope we get to see more of her.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 9, 2015 11:40 AM
Jan 2014
geralt said:
keragamming said:

I do think he would enjoy it if the Main character was a tsundere voiced by Rie Kugimiya, that abuses the main lead with a whip while callling him a dog.

Hey probably why he gave mangaka-san a 10, because Rie Kugimiya tsundere.
Shock_YinNov 9, 2015 11:45 AM

Nov 9, 2015 11:45 AM
Aug 2015
i liked the episode !! so much exciting !
feel sorry for saitama because he is C rank ! T^T

can't wait to see next episode !!
Nov 9, 2015 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
FestinaLente said:
pls no girls pls

Ikr.....
Just they're not that bad to me girls are no prob in shounen/seinen anime as long there's no romance involved and I prefer OPM stay the way it is.

Jklmn said:
Don't worry,they should be somewhat marginal.

Also like he said lol.

Nov 9, 2015 12:32 PM

Feb 2011
j0x said:
holy shit i saw Fubuki and Tatsumaki

Everyone did mate. It was going to happened eventually. -_-
RediceRyan said:
Good episode, so many heroes. Can't wait to see who the number 1 S rank is.

After going through the process of joining the hero association, you'd think they'd have Saitama divulge where he lives. Anime logic... oh wait, this happened in the manga first. Whatever logic is used for the sake of comedy. Well, same applies to Saitama's unwillingness to go to the association to get credit for his deeds. Wait...if he had a phone, he'd be able to contact them and have them clean up the mess. He harms less citizens in the process, but never attracts eyewitnesses to the scene. Does he even need rent money if there's no landlord? Food is understandable, but it seems the rest is free of charge.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Nov 9, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2015
Awesome episode as always, a lot of new heroas, cool!!!
[quote=Stark700]Another awesome episode. Loved the way Saitama fights including using his teeth!
Nov 9, 2015 2:41 PM

Nov 2013
This is a terrible anime and one of worst ones I've seen lately. Apart from animation it has nothing going for it. Can't believe this is supposed to be seinen, clearly this is for children. And it is overhyped by children.
Nov 9, 2015 3:09 PM

Nov 2011
Tornado looks pretty interesting. This episode seemed to be mostly devoted toward developing the setting.

It's still entertaining.

Monad said:
Lol. So the guy made the place he lives a non-entry zone and has more fame as an unknown monster than a hero.
Btw didn't he gave his address when he applied for hero status? They should know he lives there. Also Genos is an S-class and they only have 17 of them. I assume they must be keeping close eye on them so how come they do not know he went to live there too?
Last, after i found that his are is abandoned i just could help wondering how the hell does he need to pay rent?(Thinking of Genos last week offering money for the rent).

You raise a good point about his address. The Hero Association should have collected that, and they should know Genos is living there too. I also wondered why they don't ask if hero applicants have any previous feats they would like to share as part of the application (which the organization itself can choose to believe or not believe).

As for the rent, the two A-Class heroes were joking about how cheap the rent was there. I'm guessing Saitama is poor and this is the only place he could afford. Genos's contribution likely has him set for a long, long time rent-wise.
TripleSRankNov 9, 2015 3:14 PM
Nov 9, 2015 3:41 PM

Aug 2010
The new girl Tatsumaki seems interesting. Looking forward to seeing her in action
Nov 9, 2015 4:20 PM

Mar 2011
Okay episode, not as good as the previous ones but still entertaining. Good to see Fubuki's appearance tho. RIP Saitama he'll never get the recognition he wants at this point.
Nov 9, 2015 5:21 PM

Jun 2008
TripleSRank said:

As for the rent, the two A-Class heroes were joking about how cheap the rent was there. I'm guessing Saitama is poor and this is the only place he could afford. Genos's contribution likely has him set for a long, long time rent-wise.

No, they talk in a joking manner about buying a house for cheap.
What i am wondering is why does he need to pay rent at all. It is an abandoned area. No one wants to live or enter that place. Anyone could go and live in a house or an apartment in that area and no one will know. It's not like the landlord can come knocking on his door.
Nov 9, 2015 5:54 PM
Dec 2012
Gurren_Rodan said:
By the way, who was the voice actor/actress for the monster? They sounded extremely familiar.

Konbu Infinity
CV: Naitou Ami
Nov 9, 2015 8:16 PM

Oct 2011
I hope Saitama gets some attention that he deserves T__T
Nov 9, 2015 8:37 PM

Jul 2013
Spring Mustachio? Man I swear these hero names are as hilarious as they look.

that tentacle kid just had the worst luck. Of all people, Saitama was the one randomly walking there that time
Nov 9, 2015 9:36 PM

Dec 2014
i think that OPM is alright. Sure it has funny moments but i dont think that ll be AOTY
Nov 9, 2015 10:20 PM

Feb 2008
I want to know why Saitama even pays rent for an apartment in that neighborhood. If he just told the landlord that he was moving, and then didn't, I doubt the landlord would ever come round to find out. Though, keeping the utilities on my be a bit of a hassle in that case.
Nov 9, 2015 10:28 PM

Apr 2014
Nothing ever really goes on but that's just how I like it.
Nov 9, 2015 10:31 PM

Aug 2015
My love of for Genos continues. I'm pretty much one of his fangirls at this point lol.

I wonder how much Saitama's rank would have gone up if he'd defeated the monster and turned it in? Oh well
Nov 9, 2015 10:39 PM

Oct 2008
Tatsumaki & Fubuki both made an appearance!!!
5/5!

Nov 9, 2015 10:53 PM

Nov 2012
kind of boring episode.
i hope the girls won't appear too often, they don't seem like the type of female characters i'd like.
and the comments for genos in the popularity poll are true... he is the most attractive character in the show haha
Nov 9, 2015 11:06 PM

Nov 2007
DieOrYouWillDie said:
SchwingBoner said:

And wtf was Genos writing...

Rofl, I didn't notice all of this while watching the episode. It's full of equations, Saitama's sitting angle, even the price of the manga xD

Yet he misspelled futon. Genos is the best apprentice.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 9, 2015 11:06 PM

Jun 2013
Dude, Yuuki Kaji's deranged laugh when Sonic was throwing shit down from the air. I died.

Edit: Can someone tell me the deal with Saitama's Oppai shirt/sweatshirt?
-Trippwire-Nov 9, 2015 11:28 PM
Nov 9, 2015 11:44 PM

Mar 2012
Best guess is that he's only unpopular because he's bald lol. Nice to see some new characters. Looking forward to see Tatsumaki in action since they're making it seem like she's strong as hell.

HandsomeMan said:
This is a terrible anime and one of worst ones I've seen lately. Apart from animation it has nothing going for it. Can't believe this is supposed to be seinen, clearly this is for children. And it is overhyped by children.

Oh look another "My opinion is a fact and all who oppose it are *insert derogatory term here* because I say so." post. Gotta love people.
Nov 10, 2015 1:49 AM

Jul 2013
Monad said:
TripleSRank said:

What i am wondering is why does he need to pay rent at all. It is an abandoned area. No one wants to live or enter that place. Anyone could go and live in a house or an apartment in that area and no one will know. It's not like the landlord can come knocking on his door.

He want to be a hero, not a thief.
Nov 10, 2015 3:16 AM

Oct 2013
shanimebib said:
DieOrYouWillDie said:

Yet he misspelled futon. Genos is the best apprentice.

I just came here to comment on that. I chalk it up to differing romanizations, and I think the Japanese blend the "h" sound and "f" sound together, like how the "l" sounds in "loli" are rolled into "r" sounds, making "rori".
にこにこにー~ おまえわわたしの嫁にする! 。。。なのは。。。エッチのこと。。。嫌いです!甘えな。。。
Nov 10, 2015 3:18 AM

Feb 2011
TripleSRank said:
Monad said:
Lol. So the guy made the place he lives a non-entry zone and has more fame as an unknown monster than a hero.
Btw didn't he gave his address when he applied for hero status? They should know he lives there. Also Genos is an S-class and they only have 17 of them. I assume they must be keeping close eye on them so how come they do not know he went to live there too?

I also wondered why they don't ask if hero applicants have any previous feats they would like to share as part of the application (which the organization itself can choose to believe or not believe).

they did it for genos, probably when they saw saitama's face they didn't even think he could have previous achievements so they didn't even ask, and if he claimed them they could still not believe him, just look how they classified him as C, can't take too seriously that association

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 10, 2015 4:33 AM

Jun 2008
Guilek said:
Monad said:

He want to be a hero, not a thief.

It's not really being a thief. It's an abandoned building anyway. No one expects to make money out of it. If the owner of the apartment gets money from him he will be thinking that he found the idiot of the year paying him for staying there.
Nov 10, 2015 5:00 AM

Feb 2011
^ keep in mind power for appliances is likely not free, living in a rented place doesn't have as only cost using the place, but also all the other little costs like power, gas, etc

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 10, 2015 5:13 AM

Apr 2011
The previous episodes are greater than this one, but I still enjoyed it averagely.

Nov 10, 2015 6:21 AM

Aug 2015
Auxarius said:

Fubuki <3

Mein Loli Tatsumaki ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5/5

Potential waifus in this series for me, because of this, gonna start reading the manga in a few days. Gotta love Genos doing some chores and as always Sonic still worthless as fck lmao. Overall a good episode.
Nov 10, 2015 6:36 AM

Nov 2011
Poor Saitama, the hero who hides in the shadows, it's tough because others are competing to see who shows coolest. From what I understand, as for the heroes, even for those who are called "monsters" it is a sort of competition to see who gets the most famous; around the world over! XD
Nice certain narrative passages, so does the dialogue: "We leave tomorrow the problems of tomorrow." X°°D
Nov 10, 2015 6:39 AM

Oct 2013
Good to see Tatsumaki's debut. And holy shit, Fubuki is voiced by Hayami Saori <3.
Nov 10, 2015 7:57 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode :)

Man Saitama is the best. I feel bad people still don't recognize his greatness.

Tornado girls' Seiyuu is Aoi Yuuki. So obvious as soon as she opened her mouth :P

Can't wait for Fubuki's debut next week!
Nov 10, 2015 8:16 AM
Sep 2014
I hope they introduce Fubuki so soon for Saitama vs Sonic third round, or four round which much better, but seeing the pace, they might will end it at boros arc :(
Nov 10, 2015 8:48 AM
Jul 2015
This anime is starting to run out of steam. I didn't even smile with this episode. It was "fun" at first but now it's starting to get boring, even annoying at times.

Looks like the jokes and the story were written by a 15 y/o being bored in class.
hi
Nov 10, 2015 9:12 AM

Feb 2014
Great episode, Keisuke Kojima did a great job as AD this time.
The scene where Golden Ball beaten up was good, I guess it's drawn by him (Kojima).

Also, the staff for episode 7 til 10 is way too good!

演出(コンテ)/作監/アクション作監(敬称略)
7 八田洋介/石橋翔祐/久貝典史
8 武藤信宏(川尻善昭)/吉田南/小田剛生
9 吉沢俊一(川尻善昭)/亀田祥倫
10 牛嶋新一郎/小嶋慶祐

Episode Director (Storyboard) /Animation Director/Action Animation Director

7 : Hatta Yousuke/Sousuke Ishibashi/Kugai Norifumi
8 : Mutou Nobuhiro (Kawajiri Yoshiaki)/Sousuke Ishibashi/Oda Gosei
9 : Yoshizawa Shunichi (Kawajiri Yoshiaki)/Kameda Yoshimichi
10 : Ushijima Shun'ichirou/Kojima Keisuke

Kugai, Oda, Kameda, and then Kojima again. And since I already read the manga, I know what to expect in the next episodes :)
I'm glad that they still save the best team for one of most important arc in the manga.
Kameda's episode will be really good!
Nov 10, 2015 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
I was NOT expecting much from this anime, but 6 solid episodes in and wow, easily the 2nd best this cour (behind Lupin) and probably top 5 this year.
Nov 10, 2015 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
Buo said:
This anime is starting to run out of steam. I didn't even smile with this episode. It was "fun" at first but now it's starting to get boring, even annoying at times.

Looks like the jokes and the story were written by a 15 y/o being bored in class.

The first half is just preparation for the shit that's about to go down.
Nov 10, 2015 2:02 PM

Jan 2015
Buo said:

Okay, you are cool, we go it.
Nov 10, 2015 2:11 PM

May 2013
Lol that round two between Saitama and Sonic. He got rekted again.

Saori Hayami's laugh tho.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 10, 2015 2:14 PM

Sep 2014
for all you anime watchers. yes, before this episode came out I knew this episode wouldn't be as good and funny as the previous ones. thats because I read the
manga. in the manga this chapter was weak and nothing really happened in the chapters shown in this episode. this episode was more like a bridge to get to the next episode. the comedy may die down and it will not be episodic like you expect in the next episodes. The next episode will have more depth and epicness, but it will still have it's funny moments. so expect more awesomness and story depth in the next episodes to come. I like to think the first half of season is comedy and the second half is epicness and is also where the story really starts to kick in.
Nov 10, 2015 2:17 PM
Jul 2015
Raycee said:
The first half is just preparation for the shit that's about to go down.

I hope so.

Xenocrisi said:
Okay, you are cool, we go it.

It doesn't have anything to do with being "cool", just my opinion so far. I really hope it gets better later, that's all. I was expecting something really good from this anime, since a lot of people seem to adore it. I personnaly still don't see what's so special about it for now.
BuoNov 10, 2015 2:32 PM
hi
Nov 10, 2015 4:04 PM

Apr 2014
last week the oppai sweater hahha
this one genos taking notes of how saitama is sitting reading manga hahha
that makes me laught a lot
and what about the cooking lol
so kaijis are afraid and the heros too hahaha
saitama ang genos are like a couple living together hahhaha

the music is sooooooo gooood
Nov 10, 2015 5:10 PM
Nov 2015
I personally don't watch anime's that much. But hell One Punch Man and Gate really got me into it..You guys are doin a great job!! Keep it up. d(-_^)
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Live Action Movie gets new writers (Rick and Morty writer and creator)

OvergrownRover - Apr 14

2 by Kadano »»
Apr 23, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by larryfirst »»
Mar 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

337 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Mar 18, 12:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2015

791 by Jiborjas »»
Mar 13, 8:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Oct 17, 2015

430 by Xerreth »»
Mar 13, 6:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.