Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 30, 2015 11:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Pretty long for a first chapter...

It didn't waste much time introducing the angel, violence, or hope (felt more like hopelessness to me lol). Hope the story will really connect well with itself as this has a lot of potential. Mirai is a character that I think could do for a lot of development.
Oct 30, 2015 6:07 PM

Jul 2013
Wait, so it's released? In the page says it's the 4th of Nov.
Oct 30, 2015 6:39 PM

Oct 2013
@stark that's actually the norm actually, the first chapters for most manga are always long, also this series is a monthly so more pages as well.

On topic. His power is like geass, anyone he use his power on makes them fall in love with him for 33 days I think? He got his power from a angel btw, and it seems there are 11 other people that he will be battling against with different powers, this give me a mixture of mirari Nikki, death note and code geass. This what I read from someone that gave a small summary, so it may not be accurate.
AversaNov 23, 2015 10:20 AM
Oct 30, 2015 9:00 PM
Nov 2014
They may as well rename it Live Note LOL

Well anyway, it's definitely very reminiscent of Death Note; similar protagonist (looks the same, wears the same clothes, thinks the same way psychologically), similar supernatural creature finding him and following him around, as well as giving him different abilities including the one which makes it very easy to kill. Instead of the whole L vs Light thing, i guess it'll be the main character vs those twelve others with all their different abilities (might be sort of similar to Mirai Nikki in this sense). Protagonist may as well be a reincarnation of Light tbh, remember when Light said he'd cut his lifespan for wings? Now he's got them lol.

Mod edit:
Link to copyrighted material removed.
AversaNov 23, 2015 10:21 AM
Oct 30, 2015 9:42 PM

Jun 2015
I wonder how lomg until it is translated.
Oct 31, 2015 4:57 AM

Aug 2015
From what keragamming said it looks really really intersting. If it's a mixture of mirai nikki and death note i would love to see other charchter fight each other and not just the protagonist.
Oct 31, 2015 7:20 AM

Nov 2014
pretty interesting so far and they managed to set up all the details so far. Art is stunning as you would expect too!

AversaNov 23, 2015 10:22 AM
Oct 31, 2015 7:40 AM

Dec 2013
Very good first chapter. Really enjoying the concept. Didn't expect it to get so messed up like that. Feel sort of bad for the MC.
Oct 31, 2015 7:54 AM

Jun 2015
I can definitely see the comparisons to Mirai Nikki, and it certainly has that Death Note vibe to it. A lot happened in just this first chapter alone, I think we are in for an exciting story.

Also, I feel bad for Mirai. I thought he was going to be someone who is suicidal for no real reason, but his life was pretty shit.
Oct 31, 2015 9:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a really interesting first chapter

So far I'm liking the concept of the angels and the god and the violence, despair and serious tones have been handled pretty well

Mirai is alright so far for an MC and I really feel for him considering his past but I don't condone suicide so that's a no no for me but it's understandable why he was such a depressed kid.....But after getting his ability and seeing his aunt die, I love how he found a new resolve and is now looking ahead to the future

Can't wait to meet the other candidates and angels....Also it seems like Mirai's angel wasn't exactly one of the 13 that were chosen so that's something that I can't wait to see play out lol
Oct 31, 2015 10:22 AM

May 2013
Really good first chapter. Interesting concept, interesting characters (both Mirai and Nacha).

This should be moved to WSJ. Waiting a month for a chapter of this could kill me.

EDIT: It's Nasse, not Nacha.
FlameWingman21Nov 2, 2015 4:23 AM
Oct 31, 2015 10:29 AM

Apr 2014
Meh not really impressed.

The concept is pretty similar to Mirrai Nikki and Kami sama no iutoori with a few changes here and there. Hopefully it doesn't become neither of those two. I know this is the first chapter and it'll improve later on but the part where the aunt and uncle killed the mc's family felt really forced.
Z4KOct 31, 2015 11:04 AM
Oct 31, 2015 10:42 AM

Oct 2014
This looks like Death Note part 2. Instead of becoming a god through a devil's (shinigami's) power, Mirai will try to become a god through an angel's power...

He's like a sadder Light. I have great expectations about him as a character.

The art is also stunning, nothing I wouldn't expect of Obata.
Oct 31, 2015 10:52 AM

Mar 2015
It was alright. The art was good. The story...was okayish? Basically Happiness + Fate. Let's see how it turns out.
Oct 31, 2015 12:01 PM

May 2015
so like Mirai Nikki. God is trying to find a replacement and candidates are to compete in some fashion.
Oct 31, 2015 12:25 PM

Aug 2014
Interesting first chapter, so this is going to turn into a killing game like Mirai Nikki?

I don't know if a lot of people here read this series but Mirai's past reminded me a lot of the main character of Sekai Oni, with the whole abusive family relationship.

Nancha is a cutie and all but there's something very eerie about her, so i don't trust her.

Anyways, can't wait for the next chapter.
Oct 31, 2015 3:03 PM
Dec 2012
Dialogue is pretty rough reminds me of Bleach.
Oct 31, 2015 3:27 PM

Oct 2014
9/10 introduction
7/10 pacing
10/10 themes
for now, the main character seems to be decent for such story, Though I'm pretty sure that he'll become ****ed up as the time goes by

It's a good manga imo, the concept of some humans having an angle with them is the same as the shingami concept of death(makes sense it's the same author and the artist). The main character seems interesting and as I thought, the manga didn't follow the boring assumptions that angles are by default "good"

Oct 31, 2015 4:04 PM

Sep 2013
Good, so he didn't become a Light wannabe :P

That mirai nikki feels thou :'(
Oct 31, 2015 4:34 PM
Oct 2014
why i cant upd the first chapter at mal?
Oct 31, 2015 4:47 PM

Aug 2012
I loved this. I´m already curious to read the next chapter!

Nacha is so damn cute. But also looks like sort of mischievous and naive at the same time.

Impossible to not have Mirai Nikki feels. I hope they don´t have to eliminate each other, though...
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Oct 31, 2015 4:48 PM

Sep 2013
I don't know man. The art is pretty goot but it somewhat felt like Mirai Nikki, and that never is a good thing.

Let's wait and see. I think Ohba will be able to pull this off from the usual.
Oct 31, 2015 6:27 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
So ... its pretty much what happen if Death Note and Mirai Nikki had a baby?
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 31, 2015 7:36 PM

Sep 2011
DatRandomDude said:

Yeah.....let's hope this is more like Death Note than Mirai Nikki. I felt the set up was eerily similar to Mirai Nikki.

First chapter was pretty good although I expected something more exciting from these two. Both these authors are some of the best in the business; so I doubt we will get a mediocre manga. I hope Mirai is similar to Lelouch in terms of personality; starting off with noble intentions but eventually becomes a megalomaniac. It's been a while since I've read a good manga with an anti-hero protagonist.
FullmetalRaikouOct 31, 2015 7:42 PM
Oct 31, 2015 8:20 PM

Oct 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
DatRandomDude said:

Yeah.....let's hope this is more like Death Note than Mirai Nikki. I felt the set up was eerily similar to Mirai Nikki.

First chapter was pretty good although I expected something more exciting from these two. Both these authors are some of the best in the business; so I doubt we will get a mediocre manga. I hope Mirai is similar to Lelouch in terms of personality; starting off with noble intentions but eventually becomes a megalomaniac. It's been a while since I've read a good manga with an anti-hero protagonist.

Decent first chapter, nothing woah me in the first chapter. But I do see potential in this series. Let's see how the second chapter plays out. Also this main character will have a lot of girlfriend with that power. He's going to be a very manipulative character in the future.
Oct 31, 2015 9:05 PM

Jul 2014
Oh my god the artwork. I only watched the anime of Death Note and Bakuman so this artwork is really amazing to me.

The "one of them will be elected God" sort of reminds me of Mirai Nikki.
Oct 31, 2015 9:22 PM

Aug 2015
This is interesting. I didn't think the angels would have such contrasting personalities. And it doesn't seem like all the angels are equal, in terms of giving powers, so some characters might be OP.
Oct 31, 2015 10:16 PM

Nov 2014
That scalate quickly, from search for the happiness to death game to be exactly lol...

I hope to be wrong because the death game setting is a bit overused nowadays, at least the art is very good, that's a good begin.

error5000Nov 3, 2015 4:21 PM
Oct 31, 2015 10:42 PM

Jan 2015
Amazing first chapter very, very, very similar to Death Note. Really liked the whole choosing a human to become God thing.
Oct 31, 2015 10:53 PM

Jun 2013
Its interesting, but some people are already overhyping it a little.

Tho as some already stated... yeah its like a combo of mirai nikki and kami sama no iutoori.
Nov 1, 2015 12:25 AM

Aug 2012
Interesting so far, great artwork. Having the Death Note and Future diary vibes.
Nov 1, 2015 12:35 AM

Jan 2013
This is so freaking good!

vikki7783 said:
The "one of them will be elected God" sort of reminds me of Mirai Nikki.

Yeah, but I hope this manga will be much more better than Mirai Nikki
Nov 1, 2015 1:02 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was pretty awesome
Nov 1, 2015 1:46 AM

Nov 2012
Nice artwork, seemingly opened to a large diverse cast of characters, not afraid of pushing the envelope in blasphemy and dark themes, good fanservice, and credible writers behind it, seems destined for some great enjoyable things.
Jaywalker.
Nov 1, 2015 2:27 AM

Oct 2013
interesting first chapter kind of looks like it's going to something similar to mirai nikki (at the replacing god part) definitely gonna be reading more of it.
Nov 1, 2015 3:02 AM

Mar 2014
Damn the mc's life was shit, I really felt for him. The story seems pretty interesting, it reminds me of Death Note and Mirai Nikki but I hope it will stay original.
Nov 1, 2015 3:51 AM

May 2015
Art is just perfect. Loved it very much as was expected from this artist.
As for the story it's intriguing, I liked the pacing, a lot of important things happened and I already can sympathize with MC. I am wary of the angel though, she looks pretty but dangerous at the same time. It seems like MC doesn't know what he's getting into, my guess is that in hope to find happiness he'll become a very unhappy person...
Anyway I'm super excited for the next chapter.
Nov 1, 2015 4:14 AM
Apr 2014
Flying Lelouch + Mirai Nikki, I bet the angel chick will turn yandere a some point.
I hope MC isn't just another edgelord though
It's okay second class Angel, the mind controlling arrow is all you need.
Nov 1, 2015 4:35 AM

Aug 2015
It was a nice beggining and Mirai seems a very interesting character !! The plot seems like a mix of Death Note and Mirai Nikki , but it's just the manga's start and I believe that it will deviate later.
''I'm fine with being a beast, I neither want nor need anything to protect. I just want to destroy everything, until the beast stops whining.'' Takasugi Shinsuke
Nov 1, 2015 5:25 AM

Mar 2007
Future Diary with Angels.

The usage of the concept of happiness was so badly done.
Nov 1, 2015 5:47 AM

Feb 2015
Loved the first chapter but am I the only one who can't get it to say I've read one chapter on my manga list it just won't let me.
Nov 1, 2015 5:47 AM

Jul 2015
Wow awesome artwork, the art is more like All You Need Is Kill than Death Note. But this is much more awesome than All You Need Is Kill. Really a good first chapter. I've never read/watch Mirai Nikki, so I don't know if this series resemble Mirai Nikki or not.
a
Nov 1, 2015 6:13 AM

Feb 2015

Finally, been waiting so long for Ohba & Obata's new work.
I'm glad this series is going to have a darker tone like Death Note, though Bakuman was also great.
Promising start. His past is really sad & tragic though. ;_; I can understand why living seemed pointless to him.

Seems like the series will be a battle royale of an angel & human working together. Really hyped for this series.

Art looks amazing too, but I expected as much.

SchwingBonerNov 1, 2015 6:16 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2015 6:14 AM

Feb 2015
Blackwallet said:
Wow awesome artwork, the art is more like All You Need Is Kill than Death Note. But this is much more awesome than All You Need Is Kill. Really a good first chapter. I've never read/watch Mirai Nikki, so I don't know if this series resemble Mirai Nikki or not.

Basically mirai nikki is a death game between competitors to decide the next world's god. They are given supernatural powers from said god to decide who wins by killing each other and being the last one standing, I'm not sure about killing other competitors but I think the first character resembles mirai nikki pretty well.
Nov 1, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2012
Amazing chapter, im sure the battle between the 13 of thema will be great now just need light, lelouch level of planning and twists
Nov 1, 2015 7:06 AM

May 2015
symbiotic said:
am I the only one who can't get it to say I've read one chapter on my manga list it just won't let me.

that's because technically there are no chapters yet, you can't mark 1 chapter out of 0. will have to wait till official date of release (4 november).
Nov 1, 2015 7:25 AM

Feb 2015
tenaugust said:
symbiotic said:
am I the only one who can't get it to say I've read one chapter on my manga list it just won't let me.

that's because technically there are no chapters yet, you can't mark 1 chapter out of 0. will have to wait till official date of release (4 november).

Oh so that's why thanks I'll try again when the date is right.
Nov 1, 2015 8:51 AM

May 2010
Looks like it's going to be similar to Death Note, it remains to be seen what's going to happen to the main character's personality. Hope it's not going to be just a recycling of Light's character. That would've been way too predictable and kinda boring if it's another "corrupted by power" type or "wants to make everything better, but it turns out worse". Perhaps the latter. That arrow is way too similar to DN but with the wider array of options. One thing's for sure that he is going to encounter other people with those angels, each with different type of personality, some turning out be enemies, others allies etc. As others said, basically like Mirai Nikki in that aspect.
ArclingNov 1, 2015 8:56 AM
Nov 1, 2015 9:41 AM

Dec 2013
It was okay..really death note-y. I can already see him "doing justice" like Light and stuff, I really hope this goes to a more uplifting route about humanity and life and stuff even if it gets dark I want to have a less edgy feeling than death note or something.
Oh and the art and the character designs were fucking incredible Obata is on point with this.
Nov 1, 2015 10:25 AM
Oct 2013
A lot of conversation in 1st chapter remind me the song "tsubasa wo kudasai". I think I'm not the only one who think like that isn't it?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» My spoiler-ridden rant, er, review

NDskies - Sep 17, 2023

4 by NDskies »»
Sep 18, 2023 6:27 AM

» How would you rate it???

Goated_Weeb526 - Nov 11, 2021

4 by waalex11 »»
Sep 11, 2023 5:13 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 23 Discussion

TheGeniusBaka - Jan 1, 2018

6 by bucciest »»
Nov 6, 2022 12:02 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 58 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Axelthrow - Jan 6, 2021

54 by nidoqueen106 »»
Sep 11, 2022 5:54 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 30 Discussion

Akoram - May 8, 2018

4 by lycoradz0 »»
May 14, 2022 3:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.