Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2015 11:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The buildup for the upcoming tournament is so exciting. Taichi got popular as well lol

The Meijin really is prepared for anything hmm?
Oct 29, 2015 1:30 PM

Jan 2008
I totally didn't see that coming; Arata getting a confession out of the blue from someone that was introduced only recently. I've always thought that if Arata didn't hook up with Chihaya, he'd end up with Shinobu. But, a new challenger appears! Took me a while to remember who she was since she hasn't appeared in a while, last appearing a couple of volumes ago in ch.143 (which I had to go back to find, since I totally forgot about her). Took me a while to even find the page that mentioned her name too, which is apparently Yamamoto Risa. Also, is it just me, or does Mochizuki Chiemi (the other girl that joined the Fujioka East club too) look identical to Arata's cousin Yuu to me? I take it back. A good way to tell them apart is the fringe. Yuu has bangs, and Chiemi has her forehead exposed, and thinner eyebrows. I guess that's the thing with not-so-important characters...they tend to get recycled and not as unique.

While I applaud this manga's primary objective on focusing primarily on the sports-aspect first and foremost, with the romance taking a backseat; the other half of me is craving for more love-triangle tension thick enough you can cut with a knife.
Estoy_GordoOct 29, 2015 1:43 PM
Oct 29, 2015 4:49 PM
Mar 2015
Chihaya can feel Taichi's presence driving her forward and the mothers lift their spirits and give them luck . Mizusaww will win

Nice of Suo to support Tacihi. The program is about to be blown up by Shimbou
Oct 29, 2015 5:57 PM

Feb 2011
YAY!!! Finally Arata made an appearance after a very long time not seeing him: I really missed him a lot: after half- a year not seeing Arata appearing in the manga feels very lonely. :( Aww, I really love the part where Chihaya and Arata finally got united: they both were so happy seeing each other again (so much that they both even blushed,lol) a lot of bright smiles from both sides: so sweet. :) I'm glad seeing Chihaya in good spirits again: she'll do her very best to win her team but I'm cheering for Fujoika East (Arata's team) all the way, he he he.

Wow, so much love expectations all the place: first Mizusawa about Komano with Kana: expecting to hear Kana-chan's response from his love confession: then Risa's sudden love confession towards Arata while they were eating their breakfast (what kind of love confession was that, poor Arata nearly choked too, lol) and Makoto inviting Rion to go a date at Disneyland ( we are sure that was his aim) but Rion ruined the atmosphere by inviting everyone else: we surely are going to see a lot of couple hooking up after the nationals tournament ( and another passion moment of Chihaya x Arata together I truly hope: OH YES!!! XD).

4kicks said:
I totally didn't see that coming; Arata getting a confession out of the blue from someone that was introduced only recently.

That's true: even I didn't saw this coming, it's very sudden: one of Arata team members just confessed out of the blue: Risa's love confession was so lame I'll say, lol. I believe that's something Chihaya needs to see another girl close to Arata physically making their move on him to make Chihaya trigger more of her deep feelings for Arata and open up her heart to him very sooner. :)
sweetangieOct 29, 2015 6:34 PM
Oct 29, 2015 7:06 PM

Mar 2014
Chihaya is so beautiful. Her poetic and artistic scenes are really something else. I love her. "I can sense his presence." Chihaya has absorbed Taichi's leadership qualities. She's being pushed by him from afar since he's helped her for so long.
Taichi is the invisible anchor of Mizusawa. Rightfully so. He deserves it!
More of note is that Suou Meijin told Arata a year ago that Arata's karuta "didn't scare him." Arata isn't worth acknowledging; he is chihayafuru in that he is like a beautiful, lone top that spins without anything necessarily pushing it... Repelling anything that comes near it. That's what his karuta is.
On the other hand, he seriously acknowledged Taichi (more definitively than ever before) in this chapter... Taichi is adaptable. Willing to change himself. Willing to accept others as apart of his karuta. But then Arata is becoming like that too...
Idk, wait, I have no idea where I was going with this. I'm losing track of the metaphors!
Either way, I love Suou's acknowledgement of Taichi!

Arata is back, yes! Awesome! I'm excited to see his team that is totally just a pool of water.

Also excited for that TV show. I'm dying out of excitement for how great this show is.

On a side note, I think this manga will end at the end of their high school lives/the upcoming meijin/queen battles (in January of the manga)... There is so much of a "final say" feeling. Especially with the youth monologue last chapter... Thoughts?
Oct 30, 2015 5:36 AM

Jan 2013
Chihayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! She's changing and it's amazing, even though she's missing Taichi, his absence has really made her grow. Can't wait for Taichi to see the change.

Arata's kouhais, hehe.
Oct 30, 2015 9:47 PM
Nov 2014
Arata getting a confession! Lol. He finally made an appearance . Plus chihaya and arata met after such long time YAY. Excited for the matches
Oct 30, 2015 10:24 PM

Feb 2014
4kicks said:
I totally didn't see that coming; Arata getting a confession out of the blue from someone that was introduced only recently. I've always thought that if Arata didn't hook up with Chihaya, he'd end up with Shinobu. But, a new challenger appears! Took me a while to remember who she was since she hasn't appeared in a while, last appearing a couple of volumes ago in ch.143 (which I had to go back to find, since I totally forgot about her). Took me a while to even find the page that mentioned her name too, which is apparently Yamamoto Risa. Also, is it just me, or does Mochizuki Chiemi (the other girl that joined the Fujioka East club too) look identical to Arata's cousin Yuu to me? I take it back. A good way to tell them apart is the fringe. Yuu has bangs, and Chiemi has her forehead exposed, and thinner eyebrows. I guess that's the thing with not-so-important characters...they tend to get recycled and not as unique.

While I applaud this manga's primary objective on focusing primarily on the sports-aspect first and foremost, with the romance taking a backseat; the other half of me is craving for more love-triangle tension thick enough you can cut with a knife.

I actually see this coming, but still surprised that she really confessed to Arata right before the tournament.
And where's that Arata's neighbor ? If I remember correctly, the last time I see her is when Arata wants to make the club, and she almost join the club, but that Risa girl suddenly cut the conversation and joined the club instead.
Oct 31, 2015 10:42 PM

Aug 2012
Chihaya is getting it now. She's rapidly beginning to acknowledge everything Taichi was to the club and how she needs to adjust herself just on arrival at Omi Jingu, so I can't wait to see what transformations/revelations she experiences through the actual tournament.

It was so awesome to see Suoh talk up Taichi like that, as well as scolding him like a true mentor. And now Taichi gets a front row seat to an unbelievable show. I didn't expect that 'pro' foreshadowing from 153 to bare fruit already, who cares about Nationals lol

Gotta suck for Arata, to get an unwanted confession with this kind of timing. Sure hope that doesn't knock their team dynamic out of sorts, I was eager to see what they would accomplish.
Nov 14, 2015 7:34 PM

Nov 2014
OHMYGOD!!! SOOOO HYPED FOR THE NATIONAL HIGHSCOOL TOURNAMENT!!! All these amazing karuta people are beginning to collide with one another!! I wonder what Wakamiya's doing at the tv shooting?? I guess she's there because she's resolved herself to dedicating her life to karuta?? I honestly can't get enough of this manga. AHHHHH!!!
Nov 19, 2015 4:29 PM

Mar 2014
I hope we get some taichi X shinobu interaction. After all they are both lone wolf right now. It will be interesting :P
Mar 19, 2016 8:31 PM

Jan 2016
Sekaiou said:
Chihaya is so beautiful. Her poetic and artistic scenes are really something else. I love her. "I can sense his presence." Chihaya has absorbed Taichi's leadership qualities. She's being pushed by him from afar since he's helped her for so long.
Taichi is the invisible anchor of Mizusawa. Rightfully so. He deserves it!
More of note is that Suou Meijin told Arata a year ago that Arata's karuta "didn't scare him." Arata isn't worth acknowledging; he is chihayafuru in that he is like a beautiful, lone top that spins without anything necessarily pushing it... Repelling anything that comes near it. That's what his karuta is.
On the other hand, he seriously acknowledged Taichi (more definitively than ever before) in this chapter... Taichi is adaptable. Willing to change himself. Willing to accept others as apart of his karuta. But then Arata is becoming like that too...

its beautiful how the team acknowledged Taichi and all of his hardwork, especially that all of them except Chihaya has that exceptional hearing talent.
Arata's karuta is probably boring.. there's no development about his character until recently when he decided to make a team.
Dec 6, 2019 12:12 PM
Jun 2014
Yay! After 10 chapters, the forgotten main character returns! His short meeting with his kouhais fawning all over beautiful Chi-chan was very sweet until he asked about Taichi. As soon as she heard Taichi's name, Chi-chan is lost for words. She's gazing at him, looking for words to say, but as usual, someone interrupts, Chi-chan turns her Captain mode on and leaves after declaring war.

Arata's kouhai's reactions after being bowled over by beautiful Chi-chan are amusing! 'She smells so nice (we think)' Hehe!

Seeing Chi-chan hurting hurts.

Meijin taking Taichi under his wing is a very interesting development. He is such a fascinating character. You never can tell what his true intentions are. Sometimes he's so wise and other times total soul-crusher.
AvishDec 8, 2019 1:09 PM

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.