Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2015 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa there Yuu, entering that mode again makes me look a bit scary than usual D:

The OP song is okay imo, although I liked the previous one better.
So we also find out more about his past this episode too. This series loves its flashbacks and background stories :o

Krul's rage was quite amusing.
Looks like we find out more about Shiho as well.
Oct 17, 2015 6:25 AM

Nov 2007
So, after hearing that Nobu's character was able to release that skill was to talking to the oni every night, the main guy went ahead and train with his oni.

They are keeping the memory when he berserk secret. He saw his parents killing him because he's "Owari no Seraph". The way he holds that ex-human vampire guy... Then he befriended his oni. Vampire meeting with the Aoi-chan's character. She said she already killed those who are in the experiment?! She's mad at Sakura-san's character, it seems, for ... about her failure? or about bringing that guy in?

Next one is the guy with the sister. The oni wanting him to kill his sister. He overcame it and wants to duel against main guy. They released very cool skills, and girls trying to find data for the three guys, but gone.

Both OP and ED were simply nice, but not as awesome as previous season.
tsubasaloverOct 17, 2015 11:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 17, 2015 6:27 AM

Sep 2014
The OP was very Shonen-y, compared to the first season's. Can't say I hate it. It's a shame there's no Mahiru in it tho. Call me a pleb, but I luv the ED.

Mother of God, they did not just rush through Yu's demon thingy-thing.

AND THIS PAGE:

I can't even. What is this.

That said, it was in order to characterise Kimizuki. Apart from rushing's sake, I can't understand why they'd skip it.

They handled Kimizuki's demon bonding thing well, I guess. I guess they went over materialising and possessing? Need the subs to decide. Krul's anger rant was cool tho. As well as the action. The artwork improved too(YAY).

2.5/5 The first ep was okay in terms of adaptation, but this is bs.

Next ep looks like something I'd like to see.

ED thingies:

Op thingy:
mira-pyonOct 17, 2015 6:45 AM
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 17, 2015 7:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Not sure how I feel about the studio (And the mangaka I guess) rushing the moment leading up to Yuu's confrontation with his demon as well as the confrontation itself

They rearranged the scene with the progenitors meeting (They did a good job with it too and dat Krul rage HNNNNGGGGGG) with Kimizuki's turn but that's fine imo, I see where they were going with that....Still they cut out Mika's confrontation with Krul which happens after this little stuff in episode 1 (Damn I dunno why they're cutting so much stuff now)

I'm glad that they at least adapted the Mimizuki stuff pretty well....Really happy for both he and Mika at this point and I am really impressed with Yoichi and glad that they kept his moment of badassery - The art and animation looked great there

Still, it was a good episode overall....They cut out a lot of great comedic bits which sucks but I guess they wanted this episode to have a straight up serious tone and they delivered on that part at least....Really liked the last parts of this episode too and it all looked great visually and was pretty cool

OP was good but I prefer the S1 song...ED was freaking great tho...Next episode should be hype
TokoyaOct 17, 2015 7:36 AM
Oct 17, 2015 7:33 AM

Jan 2012
Not bad for a training episode, although the vampire politics/in-fighting side of things didn't interest me much.
Oct 17, 2015 7:36 AM

Jan 2015
Better than the whole first season.
Oct 17, 2015 7:36 AM

Aug 2013
I can't get enough of those visuals. I love WIT Studio's animation, even if plot is average, it's really great to see standard animation and hand drawn art nowadays.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 17, 2015 7:39 AM

Dec 2013
Don't care for the new op at all. I enjoyed the first a lot more.

Pretty sure this episode was a little rushed. Too bad we'll never see that glorious troll face from Yuu :(

I actually really enjoyed Kimizuki's little flashback.
Oct 17, 2015 7:42 AM

Apr 2015
As a fan of the manga,I can't stop thinking that this episode felt rushed.It was a good episode but I believe that the demon confrontations deserved more that 5 mins of screen time.
Oct 17, 2015 7:48 AM

Apr 2015
OP/ED are nice. Pity that most of the dialogue from the others while Yuu was talking to Asuramaru wasn't included. Krul's frustration with her high-ups and colleagues was interesting to see, though.
Oct 17, 2015 8:24 AM

Feb 2014
The OP is pretty meh... I guess I was expecting too much. The ED is pretty nice.
Oct 17, 2015 8:38 AM

Dec 2012
I don't even know where to start
The OP was gay and beautiful,too bad the song is just generic shit and not fitting the show at all

Rushed as fuck but I can't say I'm surprised,I'm just mad because I didn't get my favorite scenes as
or this
OR
mira-nyan said:
THIS PAGE:

At least the ED song is good based Nagi Yanagi but the visuals can't beat the first season's.
Oct 17, 2015 8:40 AM

Feb 2015

New OP is okey but not as good & catchy as the previous OP.

Great that Yuu and Kimizuki managed to control the demons. Yuu's new ability looked really awesome.

SchwingBonerOct 17, 2015 8:58 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2015 8:47 AM

Aug 2015
This:
kawaii-despair said:
The OP was gay and beautiful

I dont know about you guys but i found this episode a bit boring...
Oct 17, 2015 9:01 AM

Aug 2012
looks like they'll be showing shinoa's sister next ep

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Oct 17, 2015 9:05 AM

Jul 2015
lil bit rushed, while in s1 lil bit slow'd

but it was okay
Well Duh...

Oct 17, 2015 9:05 AM

Jan 2013
Another good episode. Wonder if those demons will ever manifest in physical form
Oct 17, 2015 9:08 AM
Aug 2014
The OP makes me feel like I'm about to watch a cutesy slice of life anime... no thanks. Plus what is even going on. They just throw us in somewhere in the story for no reason, plus the "I love my fwends" thing is irritating me even more than the "I'll kill all the vampires" thing. The only characters that I can say that I like in this season are Krul and Ferid. Kinda disappointing..
Oct 17, 2015 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, rushed as fuck. They skipped almost everything good about these chapters. Hell, these chapters were the entire reason why I like Kimizuki and Asuramaru more.

Shame on you, WIT.

RediceRyan said:
Another good episode. Wonder if those demons will ever manifest in physical form

They explained this in the manga. Like I said, rushed as fuck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2015 9:32 AM

Jul 2014
OP was lame, and it feels like most of what was in this episode has been done before. How many times do we need to see demon-induced flashbacks, even if one of the ones this time showed us another piece of Yu's past? At least the series seems eager to move past those this time, which is a change I'm happy to welcome. Their new abilities from the training seem pretty cool as well, though I'm sure we'll see much more of that later on.
Oct 17, 2015 9:47 AM

Mar 2015
OH COME ON THEY'RE RUINING IT!!! they left out all the fun parts, let alone give us an explanation on how to get your demon to obey you.. they left out a hell lot of important info.. When i saw it getting a 2nd season i thought it'd be a good adaptation just like the 1st season, but instead they give this..? you have got to be kidding me..

TO EVERYONE WHO HASN'T READ THE MANGA: i highly suggest you read the manga starting from the end of season 1 (or just read it from the start, not that much chapters yet anyway). This season is leaving a hell lot of fun out, just like:
mira-nyan said:

AND THIS PAGE:

Also if you want to understand it better how they get their demons to obey them and other interesting info, i really recommend to read the manga too..

why would they even rush it like that... if this goes on, i wouldn't even want a 3rd season (when they would have enough materials to adapt it ofc, will take a while but ye..)

danieltortoisee said:
How many times do we need to see demon-induced flashbacks,

well, that's the problem, it wasn't really a total flashback or at least not the way everyone who didn't read the manga thinks it was.. the manga made it so that there was a solid explanation for that. Even the way it was explained was awesome, can't understand why they'd leave that out..

on a side note: they even ignored the part where both Yu and Kimizuki have Posessing types, yet they are able to manifest them, which is unheard of up to that point, they didn't even care to explain both types.. the more i type things down, the more i see how they screwed this whole episode up.. all that important info, just gone... why would they do that...
HiroyuukiOct 17, 2015 9:55 AM
Oct 17, 2015 9:58 AM

Nov 2014
The new opening is sick! And Yu's ability is badass
Hi there
Oct 17, 2015 10:01 AM

Oct 2008
The fighting with demons thing felt very much like a repeat of when they first got their cursed gears... so it didn't feel very exciting at all. Though it was probably important for them to get stronger. Yuu confirmed for Archer class lol.

But I must say I'm very interested in what's going on in the vampire side. I'm ready to hit Ferid for manipulating Mika and pulling a stunt like that on best girl Krul.

OP sequence and song was really, really lame. Didn't set the mood at all. ED was alright but overall both felt too happy and bright. I would be happier if they just reused the first cour's OP and ED.

edit: Forgot to say I love that Yoichi was actually more badass than the other 2 guys.
komasanOct 17, 2015 10:11 AM
Oct 17, 2015 10:07 AM

Sep 2014
End card:

Oct 17, 2015 10:19 AM
Oct 2010
komasan said:
The fighting with demons thing felt very much like a repeat of when they first got their cursed gears... so it didn't feel very exciting at all. Though it was probably important for them to get stronger. Yuu confirmed for Archer class lol.

I agree but to be fair to the show Yu pretty much said the same thing, it was a no brainer to win because he already knew all the demon tricks from the first time. Not sure what was up with the other guy though, he was slipping a bit. Also this show is 100 times more enjoyable with the nice animation now. I don't know what happened but thank god for whoever made them do it.
Oct 17, 2015 10:22 AM

Sep 2014
komasan said:
The fighting with demons thing felt very much like a repeat of when they first got their cursed gears... so it didn't feel very exciting at all. Though it was probably important for them to get stronger.

It was actually very different in the manga. It's a shame that WIT have no idea how to adapt this.

Yuu confirmed for Archer class lol.

Funny. I see what you did there.
Oct 17, 2015 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
Not sure how I feel about this OP. It might grow on me but it sounds too upbeat for an anime with a setting like this one. The new ED is nice though.

And like many have stated above, they're rushing some parts, cutting some parts short, or just completely cutting parts out in general, like this hilarious scene:
mira-nyan said:
AND THIS PAGE:

Even if it wasn't super important to the overall plot of the episode, it was still a funny scene. But it's a shame that these first 2 episodes have been rushed. I hope the remainder of the season doesn't continue down this path, but seeing as how the manga is still ongoing, I have a feeling they'll try to adapt as much as possible before doing some sort of anime-original thing.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 17, 2015 10:31 AM

Dec 2009
fripSide OP, now that was very unexpected. Sawano Hiroyuki fit this show way better, unfortunately. Hate to break it to you Nao, but nZk has a lot more depth and impact for this kinda stuff.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 17, 2015 10:32 AM

Feb 2014
Seems this ep was a bit rushed.

New OP was okay, I preferred the first one, I feel that fit the show a bit better.

Yuu's new powers look badass. Want to see what happens at the end of Kimizuki's count down!

Need more Mika screen time! It's still not enough >.<
Oct 17, 2015 10:48 AM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed this episode the opening isn't better then last season but it's still good though and the ending theme wasn't too bad either. I like the demon forms they were pretty badass.
Oct 17, 2015 10:56 AM

Oct 2008
mira-nyan said:
komasan said:
The fighting with demons thing felt very much like a repeat of when they first got their cursed gears... so it didn't feel very exciting at all. Though it was probably important for them to get stronger.

It was actually very different in the manga. It's a shame that WIT have no idea how to adapt this.

I got curious after reading the comments here so I went to check out the relevant chapters and things are a whole lot clearer. Now I know why you guys are complaining, and it's given me more reason to read the manga proper.
Oct 17, 2015 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
I'm honestly glad they rush it like this. With the manga being as long as it is, they need to do so to include the entire Nagoya arc in 12 episodes. While the first season took 14 chapters or so, the second season has to include about 24 chapters, or perhaps even more. At least if they want to make it to chapter 36-37 which I'm hoping for.
Oct 17, 2015 11:03 AM

Nov 2012
I just want more Shinoa...
Oct 17, 2015 11:14 AM

Jun 2013
So I'm guessing lolis are the source of power for a lot of characters in this series.
Oct 17, 2015 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episode for boys to train themselves.
Oct 17, 2015 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
Nothing special this episode.
Oct 17, 2015 12:00 PM

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:

Whoa there Yuu, entering that mode again makes me look a bit scary than usual D:

The OP and The ED was pretty good, and Power-up! That's cool.
Oct 17, 2015 12:25 PM

May 2014
mira-nyan said:
AND THIS PAGE:

Too bad they skipped it XD
Oct 17, 2015 12:26 PM

Jul 2015
Great episode. And Yuu's new ability looks really good. Looking forward for the next ep.
Oct 17, 2015 12:33 PM

Jul 2012
I feel everything is moving at a really good pace so far and this episode really had me on the edge of my seat wondering more and more, like who is the real enemy? Is it the vampires? or acutally the Hiiragi family? or maybe Guren? Also has me thinking now was yu, Yuuichi, and kimizuki coming together really a coincidence? So many crazy things happening that just has me super excited for the next episode.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1e-aj-767Q&feature=youtu.be
Oct 17, 2015 1:01 PM

Aug 2014
can we talk about the way yuu and mika held hands in yuu’s mind? they could have held hands like children. they could have held hands the other way. but no. instead they hold hands like this:

I hope this isn’t just queer baiting. I really hope there will be a romantic plot behind this.
Truth4LiesOct 17, 2015 1:05 PM
Oct 17, 2015 1:02 PM

May 2014
Just read the chapter.

That was soooo much better than the episode.. Dang.
Why aren't they adapting it properly?.. I really hope this doesn't continue.

Also, officially shipping Yu x Kimizuki

Oct 17, 2015 1:05 PM

Jun 2014
ZoroZoldyck said:
Just read the chapter.

That was soooo much better than the episode.. Dang.
Why aren't they adapting it properly?.. I really hope this doesn't continue.

Also, officially shipping Yu x Kimizuki

A lot of stuff might have been missed out due to budget/episode constraints but it's a pretty decent adaptation. It is a shame they're skipping some of Shinoa's trolling antics though.
Oct 17, 2015 1:13 PM

Aug 2013
dat ED tho, based Yanagi Nagi
Oct 17, 2015 1:50 PM

May 2012
It was sooooooo rushed! Many funny scenes had been cut as well as shipping baits for other characters (Yunoa and KimiYu)

So am I the only one noticing how the anime is cutting other shipping bait? And instead focussing on MikaYu route?

Anyway, it seems next episode will be more slow down with them adapting only 1 and a half chapter. Though I wished they used that episode to explain us more thwe scenes being left unexplainable.

The OP/Ed. I agree i like the 1st one more but I like the visuals in the 2nd more than the first. I like the 3D like style in the Ed though
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Oct 17, 2015 1:58 PM

Oct 2010
They skipped so much stuff, just read the manga.

ramenshoujo said:
A lot of stuff might have been missed out due to budget/episode constraints but it's a pretty decent adaptation. It is a shame they're skipping some of Shinoa's trolling antics though.

The budget is no excuse they were mostly dialogue scenes with not much action that got skipped.
Oct 17, 2015 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
Are srt or ass subtitles released? or just hardsub?
Oct 17, 2015 2:19 PM

Aug 2015
Nice to see those two be able to control their power now. OP was ok imo.
Oct 17, 2015 2:35 PM

Jun 2014
Crimson_V said:
The budget is no excuse they were mostly dialogue scenes with not much action that got skipped.

Yeah, why not include every friggin' line in the manga. Of course it's possible. Hey, here's an idea, if you're so clever, why don't you go and tell those animators, directors, producers and writers how to actually make a proper adaptation. Yeah, you go do that.
Oct 17, 2015 2:35 PM

Mar 2015
zilch16 said:

So am I the only one noticing how the anime is cutting other shipping bait? And instead focussing on MikaYu route?

Indeed, they even didn't give Shinoa's 'confession' line and deep talk with Guren, where he asked her if she fell for him (for the 2nd time, but also in the manga so no probs there), but she didn't answer in the anime, while in the manga she clearly stated that she wondered so herself, then Guren gave that whole 'first time someone actually cares for you and you for him' part, this was honestly 1 of my top 5 favourite scenes (dunno if you should call it scene if it's only in the manga, but ye, you get it i guess) in any manga or anime ever.

Also the part about her sister, wth, in the manga i cried my eyes out, in the adaptation in episode 1, i didn't even feel anything cuz it was just done in what, like, 30 secs..? cmon, they are just ruining all the catchy parts..

the KimiYu route is just a freakin' troll route though, tnx to Shinoa haha, how I love her!

Yunoa all the way!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2015

468 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

207 by Craneface »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.