Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 15, 2015 10:16 PM

Feb 2013
This is a much better episode than the first one, with a complete case. The attention to detail put in giving us clues/hints is just great! I'm glad Shoutarou is not just a straight-man assistant who can only cue us in with questions. The colourful "let's solve this!" scene is beautiful, but it did take me out of the viewing experience for a while.
Oct 15, 2015 10:40 PM

Jun 2015
Good episode! I enjoyed it better than the first one. I look forward to find about Sakurako's past

Xynic said:
Sakurako's "magical girl transformation" when wearing her gloves is still pretty annoying and unnecessary though.

This ^ If there is one problem with the show it'd be this scene. I find it unnecessary, I may be fine with it now but it'll get boring soon
Oct 15, 2015 11:34 PM

Aug 2008
Better episode than the first one. I was thinking about dropping this show when I first watch the first episode but then, I tell myself the 3 episodes rule. This show is now on my watching list this season.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 16, 2015 12:24 AM

Jul 2012
Im really enjoying the pace that this is going at so far with each episode showing a new mystery and also showing us a little bit more of the mystery of Sakurako and Shoutarou.

Here is my full review of the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJRZBYENQlo
Oct 16, 2015 3:20 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty good, much better than the last episode. It's still kind of mediocre, as a whole though. I really liked how we saw the flashback near the end. The "Soutarou" thing was interesting. My predictions: She's a time traveler and is preventing Shoutarou from dying "again". Something like Madoka.

LaloChii said:
Xynic said:
Sakurako's "magical girl transformation" when wearing her gloves is still pretty annoying and unnecessary though.

This ^ If there is one problem with the show it'd be this scene. I find it unnecessary, I may be fine with it now but it'll get boring soon
Yeah, it was only good in the first episode. If they're gonna insert more scenes like that, they'd have to get creative like Hyouka. And they obviously don't have the budget for that.
Oct 16, 2015 5:22 AM

Jul 2013
That was a really sad episode. T^T
Oct 16, 2015 8:41 AM

May 2015
What a great episode, with the visuals still as beautiful as ever. Slowly getting to know more about Sakurako and her past was pretty great. Pretty touching episode too, I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Oct 16, 2015 9:28 AM

Dec 2009
i'm curious about the butterfly that the drunk guy mentioned. and Sakurako's past. looking forward more episode~
Oct 16, 2015 10:31 AM
Jun 2012
LaloChii said:
Good episode! I enjoyed it better than the first one. I look forward to find about Sakurako's past

Xynic said:

Yes, it makes things rather silly, which is at odds whit the tone otherwise. Especially when investigating a murder.
Oct 16, 2015 1:00 PM

Dec 2013
The shouta is breaking my immersion.
Oct 16, 2015 1:11 PM

Sep 2013
Poor babies :'(
The guy said he needed butterflies to give to someone, I wonder if that will be relevant or not?

So I guess this shoutarou also ran in head first like soutarou but died :(
Oct 16, 2015 1:25 PM

Jul 2007
ichii_1 said:
Poor babies :'(
The guy said he needed butterflies to give to someone, I wonder if that will be relevant or not?

Sakurako seemed to notice someone in the crowd in the end so most likely yeah
Oct 16, 2015 1:59 PM

Nov 2009
I'm a little worried about the butterfly theme... I don't think this kind of symbolism fits in mystery/crime shows, as proved by Ranpo Kitan and Hannibal TV show (I hated both). Buuut very good two episodes, I liked them! Also liked the characters and the way the story progresses.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Oct 16, 2015 2:51 PM

Jul 2007
ak47 said:
I'm a little worried about the butterfly theme... I don't think this kind of symbolism fits in mystery/crime shows, as proved by Ranpo Kitan and Hannibal TV show (I hated both). Buuut very good two episodes, I liked them! Also liked the characters and the way the story progresses.

Butterfly fits perfectly.

Butterfly in itself represents Death.
At the same time it is reference to chaos theory and idea of coincidences/strange-attractors.
Oct 16, 2015 3:17 PM

Feb 2013
Don't know about the episodic nature, was a little bit dissappointed by it tbh. Though I liked the episode overall and the Shoutarou thing is interesting too (at least there is something more going on as well apart from solving crimes)
Oct 16, 2015 3:20 PM

Sep 2015
OP Was Normal !! Episode was cool
loved the case !! long live mystery
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2015 9:58 PM

Jul 2008
Red_Tuesday said:

Second best episode I've seen of any anime ever, behind Kokoro Connect's episode 5.

I didn't think it was a bad episode, but you would put it at number two out of over 2500 episodes seen? Seriously? lol
Oct 16, 2015 10:21 PM

Jun 2013
Truly amazing episode!
Oct 16, 2015 11:34 PM

Dec 2010
Yep, still liking this anime so far. My only problem with it is the scene where Sakurako wears her gloves and an army of animal bones suddenly appears. Other than that, I like it. Can't believe a wimp like the male MC has a black belt in karate or judo or whatever though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2015 12:19 AM
Jun 2015
Zoppy said:
Don't know about the episodic nature, was a little bit dissappointed by it tbh. Though I liked the episode overall and the Shoutarou thing is interesting too (at least there is something more going on as well apart from solving crimes)

I don't think there are simple solving crimes...I feel they are gonna be connected somehow later in the series...(butterfly is mentioned twice)

Almost like second season of sherlock(moriarty)...
Oct 17, 2015 2:13 AM
Jan 2014
The only bad thing about the show so far IMO is that little animation sequence when Sakurako is about to begin her investigation. For me it felt a bit corny, given the serious nature of the show.
Oct 17, 2015 2:42 AM

Apr 2014
Few anime have ever given me such an intense feeling of suspense.
Incredible...
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Oct 17, 2015 4:59 AM

Jun 2013
Episode 2 was a bit better than the first but it was rather predictable.

I feel sorry for ii-chan and her baby brother.

I still hate that "transformation" scene of sorts when Sakurako snaps on her rubber gloves, it seems stupid.

Also Sakurako chastising Shoutarou is so generic, it happens in almost all dramatic scenes in every manga and Anime. "Never do that again." Bitch, the cop would've been stabbed to death if that boy didn't move.
臭い-
Oct 17, 2015 5:08 AM

Apr 2013
Meanwhile in The perfect insider the whole episode was wasted on nothing but standing around and talking.
Need to rewatch the first episode of Sakurako-san cuz i wasn't sober at that time.
Oct 17, 2015 6:40 AM

Dec 2012
Another solid episode, the opening is good. I like this mix between humor with the little girl and the serious part about the resolution of the case.
We saw a little part of the Sakurako past.

The "transformation" of Sakurako is very weird. It was interesting to see in the first episode, but I hope they will stop with it.
Oct 17, 2015 8:19 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode. Love it and loved the mood of the episode.

Oct 17, 2015 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that could be more exciting if they had developed a different narrative. One senses that the real plot is proper is just beginning and everything that was shown, served only to build the foundations of this last. Technical part pretty good, just needs to change the management of the story is the interaction between the characters.
The opening can evaluate only the music, because I avoided seeing the video for not ruining the surprise as you come out the other characters of the cast.
Oct 17, 2015 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
Decent, not as good as the first ep, analysis are still interesting, but the meeting with the girl who IDed the kid was a bit too fortunate.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 17, 2015 10:51 AM

Jul 2009
Good OP and ED, quite fitting. Interesting episode with the mother who tried to save her kids ... the mood and suspense was quite well done. Especially how they revealed the second child - luckily everyone came out alive! The whole "putting on the gloves" scene didn't really fit this time IMO, and I hope they don't just use that every episode >_< The whole name thing (Soutarou vs Shoutarou?) and that scene with younger Sakurako and the other boy - what's that all about? Well, some good hints for future episodes I guess. There's definitely something about butterflies going on in this show as well. Either way, the episodic mysteries aren't too bad, but I hope they will get into a longer arc soon :O
Oct 17, 2015 11:01 AM

Oct 2012
A lot better than the previous one. The sad fact is those drug addicts are real, in this way it was very disturbing episode.

The only thing that kinda annoyed me was the attitude of the cop. And what's more, he clearly had the gun by himself and was attacked, right? If he was able to stand I just don't get why didn't he use it.

Shoutarou (MC) and Soutarou, is there really a difference? I have the feeling that Sakurako lost her little brother back then. And it's clear butterflies are another theme of this show.

Have to say that transformation sequence felt pretty out of place this time, I really hope they'll ditch it soon.
Oct 17, 2015 11:34 AM

Aug 2007
My guess is that 'Soutarou' was Sakurako's now dead little brother. And it seems there is some connection between the druggie's rambling about 'butterflies' and the villainous looking fellow in the OP.

I really enjoyed this episode but yes, that transformation sequence, while cool in itself, was completely out of place. That cop out to be fired.

And the mother should have given the baby to the little kid, better changes of survival then stowing it away in an underground closet where it was only found in time almost by chance.
Oct 17, 2015 12:38 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty good episode, although i liked the first ep better. I don't mind episodic mystery, but i would prefer it if there was a big mystery spanning several eps, if not most of the season. Something that Sakurako doesn't solve as soon as she straps on those latex gloves.

Strangely enough, i didn't feel anything for the plight of those two children. I'm not sure if it was just poorly done, or if i'm just still emotionally drained from a rather tragic anime i finished yesterday. Whichever, i don't like feeling sad anyway.

Look forward to future episodes, i like these characters and Shizuka Itou is one of my favorite seiyuu.
Oct 17, 2015 1:12 PM

Oct 2012
Nocturnal said:
My guess is that 'Soutarou' was Sakurako's now dead little brother. And it seems there is some connection between the druggie's rambling about 'butterflies' and the villainous looking fellow in the OP.

I just wonder if Shoutaro also lost his younger sister, that would be certainly something they would have in common. Cause this scene from opening when we see him visiting the grave while there is small Sakurako standing next to him (who leads him to the present day Sakurako later) is really weird (no matter if you think that as metaphor).

Oct 17, 2015 2:17 PM

Aug 2007
They do seem to be hinting to some 'dead sibling' connection. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out.

And I hope we'll get to see just how Sakurako and the MC met.
Oct 17, 2015 2:47 PM

Jun 2014
So how did the child's arm break? From falling out the window?

I wasn't really paying that close attention, but the way they showed it like she landed safely. Was it just an unrelated incident prior to the murder?

But still probably my anime of the season, the atmosphere is unmatched.
Oct 17, 2015 7:03 PM

Mar 2012
TIL: Japanese police don't shoot people even when they stab them lul.

Pretty exciting episode. Loved it!
Oct 17, 2015 9:29 PM

Nov 2014
Probably a potential winner of the season.

Oct 18, 2015 12:01 AM

Mar 2012
way better than the first episode. hopefully TROYCA keeps it up
Oct 18, 2015 1:32 AM

Apr 2013
Another great episode. Really like how well developed the case in this episode was compared to the first one. Hope they keep getting better.

Like others, I think the boy in Sakurako's flashback was her brother. Something bad must have happened to him for her to react the way she did.
Oct 18, 2015 2:51 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was pretty good minus the stupid looking scene where she puts on her gloves. Doesnt look like that scene fits in at all
Oct 18, 2015 3:04 AM

May 2012
1st was good, but the 2nd one is even better
Oct 18, 2015 3:04 AM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
ak47 said:

Butterfly fits perfectly.

Butterfly in itself represents Death.
At the same time it is reference to chaos theory and idea of coincidences/strange-attractors.

Because of their life cycle, butterflies are also a common metaphor for metamorphosis (yeah, that sounds a lot like Pokémon's "Extreme Speed"), duality, illusion, deception, ambiguity, etc.

They're an excellent choice, and also feature a lot in xxxHOLiC for the same reason.

I do think the scene itself is rather, if not extremely, corny, but it seems to be kept to a minimum. What I mean is that nothing seems to hinge on it. It's just a cue for Sakurako, and visually, it's quite appealling, a bit like Chitanda's "ki ni narimasu". As such I can accept it.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 18, 2015 5:51 AM

May 2015
Fantastic episode - 1st ep was good, but that's definitely jumped in quality I think. Nice mix of drama, suspense, and action. Hoping we'll see more of that character development as it carries on.
Oct 18, 2015 6:51 AM

Aug 2009
Right so after reading though this I have descided to give it another go, the first episode just had me yawning though and it was hard keeping attention, it was boring..
We will see where ep 2 takes me.
Oct 18, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2013
Brilliant. Great emotion, awesome mystery solving. OP was good, ED was even better. One of my favorite shows of the season.
Oct 18, 2015 5:03 PM

Aug 2007
DaniDivinity said:
Wow! This just became my favorite anime of the season. The only thing that is bothering me though is that we did not get an explanation about all the trash bags. Why were they there? I know it wasn't important to the story except having the window be the only way out but I wanna know why they were there in the first place...I'm too curious of a person!

This tendency of hoarding one's house is, sadly, a fairly frequent phenomenon in Japan. Apart from the token shut-ins who are known for keeping their garbage in piles, there are plenty of less than stable individuals who do the exact same thing. To the point that I've known of cases where they had to hire people to get rid of all the garbage (including separating everything for recycling purposes which can be quite a chore in Japan).
Given that this lady is not exactly living in a stable environment, a druggie boyfriend (or acquaintance but I suspect he was the boyfriend), kids left unattended (she failed to properly take care of the older one, what with the arm wound), it is not at all surprising that she should be one of those many thousands (or more!) of Japanese in borderline situations who take to hoarding.

Sad but entirely realistic.
Oct 18, 2015 6:57 PM

Jul 2014
I'm wondering if Shoutarou is her childhood friend and maybe "Soutarou" was her nickname for him. Only time will tell I guess.
Oct 18, 2015 10:29 PM

Jun 2013
Okay, so did Sakurako's "mahou-furenzikusu-shoujo" sequence kill the mood for anyone else?
Oct 19, 2015 8:04 AM

Nov 2007
I have a feeling the case isn't solved yet. That fa66ot was saying something about getting hands on the butterflies (implying the two kids I believe) and then when the cops were taking him away he said "I have to get them to him..."

And then Sakurako-san turns around and looks at people. This cannot end just like that. I think the real perpetrator is still at loose (may not necessarily be amongst the crowd).

Sad but great episode. 5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 19, 2015 12:03 PM

Feb 2013
Japanese Police Duties Execution Act
Article 7 In the event that there are reasonable grounds to deem it necessary for the apprehension of a criminal or the prevention of a criminal's escape, for self-protection or the protection of others, or for suppression of resistance to the execution of his or her official duty, a police official may use a weapon within the limits judged reasonably necessary in the situation.

its clearly applicable to this case.thet cop must use him pistol
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.