Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 2, 2015 8:53 AM

Dec 2010
I.need.more.Futaba-chan ;A; Nice ending though. I'm hoping but I doubt there'd be a season 2 *sigh*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2015 8:06 PM

Dec 2013
Loved this show. Loved how they showed what went on behind the scenes for Seiyuu over the course of their careers, how the less-than-famous ones live their lives, and the jobs that they have to do.

Would love a sequel to this if possible, the subject matter and the overall story do seem to deserve it (though I would love if they put out a sequel for Shirobako first..)

9/10 because not only was this entertaining, with lots of guest appearances, but it was also highly informative and enjoyable.

After 13 episodes, I still cannot get the Evangelion request song out of my head.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 3, 2015 4:54 AM

Apr 2011
Its was good to end with Futaba's assessment.

It was fun and enjoyable 8/10
MagitoOct 3, 2015 8:06 AM
Oct 3, 2015 1:13 PM

Oct 2014
And, with that, this show has come to an end. This was a show that, if you know anything about me, it would be pretty obvious that I was VERY interested in it from the beginning. And, I'm glad to say that it didn't disappoint.

I loved learning so much about the industry, but overall, I loved the characters as well. I loved all of the guest cameos. There were a few cameos in there of people who I had never heard of before, but that was an aspect that I really enjoyed.

I loved how they explored most aspects of seiyuu life. From doing anime, to dubbing, to having to balance seiyuu work with part-time work (and the struggles of not having any money because of this), I liked all of it. In the end, Futaba's future is still uncertain, but I think that is pretty realistic. Sad that it's over, but it feels complete to me.
Oct 3, 2015 4:34 PM

Jun 2008
Vindstot said:
We do need more Seiyuu-centric anime with a variety of themes though. Off the top of my head, I can think of some titles such as Full-Fledged Vocalist: Seiyuuhood, Voice;Gate, Ginkoe, Seiyuu X Seiyuu, Ginga Seiyuu Densetsu, Koemonogatari, Psy.Koe-Pass, and so on.
lol, I lost it at "Psy.Koe-Pass"

I too was hoping for S2 announcement from the producer at the end....
Oct 4, 2015 10:25 PM

May 2014
Not a bad anime! Definitely a more relaxing-tone anime. Hopefully they earn themselves a season 2! 8/10
Oct 11, 2015 8:57 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending and in general quite a fun and especially lovely anime! All in all it could be better on some surfaces but was still very lovely in general and with a semi open ending they could always add some more specials or even another season!

All in all a pretty decent anime!
Oct 14, 2015 10:40 AM

Jun 2015
Finally got around to watch the final episode.
I really liked this anime, I can't really say what exactly made me like it, but it was fun.

That strawberry monster, holy crap!
Oct 19, 2015 2:46 PM

Feb 2015
Second season please
Nov 1, 2015 10:21 PM

Dec 2012
It was very pleasant to watch. It reminded me Shirobako with a different view, the seiyuu side. Sore ga Seiyuu was pretty good but more focused on the friendship and the evolution of the little girls.

With that end, I hope to see a second season announced :)
Nov 7, 2015 5:38 AM

Jul 2015
I really wish this anime would get some more attention. It's no masterpiece of course, but it's far more than just cute moe characters doing cute moe things. Not only is it great insight to this side of anime production, but filled with tons of moments that apply to so many professions and fields of work. Even though I've never done any voice acting I still could relate to all three girls multiple times over throughout the anime.
Nov 20, 2015 8:32 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
Eh, I thought the finale felt kinda underwhelming. On most parts, I thought episode 12 fit more for a finale.

That's how I felt at first, until that very last scene -- that's basically confirmation for a season 2, right? Right?? Or at least a special!

Man this series is so underrated, I LOVED it. I seriously had my doubts in the beginning since it was kinda boring and seemed more informational than having an actual plot, but it really picked up steam!! 8/10 :D :D
Dec 6, 2015 7:08 AM

Jun 2013
I liked the show, It was fun and interesting to watch. I hope for a S2 and for Futa-Futa to grow as a seiyuu, Konno was my favorite character.

Pd: Mr.Producer was hilarious.
I'm learning english.
Dec 9, 2015 4:56 PM

Aug 2013
As i though, this really enjoyable to learn what seiyuu was. give me more knowledge, i hope second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2016 9:20 AM

Dec 2015
these last few episodes have been boring
Feb 22, 2016 7:52 AM

Oct 2012
"Even if it's just a short line, I want to make those watching laugh or cry. I want to be a seiyuu that people remember" - Futaba Ichinose
Best quote for a seiyuu
Seiyuu's dream is to make those watching laugh or cry or more than these two

Gogogogogo will be the new mudamudamuda or oraoraora xD

Awwwww sad to see it's end
I would really enjoy more seiyuu cameos
2nd season would be wonderful
Not sure though.. This is not really a popular anime :(
"Signature removed"
Mar 28, 2016 2:58 PM

Feb 2013
Not bad, she didn't get fired and Rin passed the entrance test, a good ending.
Ichigo's mascot character was ugly to be honest, but at least with her voice it will sound good.
Apr 14, 2016 1:30 PM
Aug 2009
Overall really split on this show.
The start was pretty interesting with them explaining how it all worked and such but when the idol part came i just sighed.
I completely understand some seiyuu do part idol stuff, including the person that wrote this but if i wanted to watch an idol show, well i picked an idol show.
You got these different types of voice acting (the audiobook, silly noises, gender change) and it is just skimmed over for 1 scene but oh boy, we got typical idol nonsense alright, every cliche right even.

Also, the last episode was really meh. We got the typical want to be drama that no person would ever believe. Then to take it even worse they first faked the fire and then "trololol we got a backup plan" which was never ever mentioned.

Overal a 6. If only they stayed with the actual subject rather then go do something else. Look at Shirobako how it is done for the next season if there is one please.
Nov 28, 2016 6:16 PM

Oct 2016
Judging by how poorly it sold (1,154 copies on average), there's sadly almost no chance of this show getting a second season. It must have lost A LOT of money. It's really upsetting.
English dubs can be just as good as the original Japanese.
Jan 5, 2019 8:29 PM

Jul 2016
Although I wasn't expecting much from this anime, it ended up being a really good one. I really enjoyed it.

I'm also really glad that Futaba, Ichigo and Rin can continue with their careers. I really liked the cast and their struggle during some episodes felt both realistic and easy to sympathize with.

Overall, it was a nice series with a good description of how Seiyu's world usually works. It was very informative and interesting too. 8/10
May 7, 2019 7:04 AM

Mar 2016
I enjoyed this quite a bit. There was a nice balance between comedy and seiyuu work 'realism.' The characters were fun and the art was nice, if there were more episodes about these three I'd totally watch them. Now, while I was happy it never ended turning completely into an idol show I still feel like I would have enjoyed it more if it had focused entirely on voice work or the web radio, because the episodes about these things were definitely the best. And episodes that focused on Futaba and her work were undeniably the strongest part of the show, with Futaba herself being a really good character. The fact that I was almost as stressed out as she was during her assessment meeting speaks volumes. Some episodes felt weirdly paced, maybe that was production issues, but overall a really fun show.
syncrogazerMay 7, 2019 7:11 AM
Sep 19, 2020 4:27 AM

Dec 2010
And so it ends...

I enjoyed the anime and I saw a glimpse of the life of a seiyuu.
Most if not all of the cameos were spoken from real life experience which is even better.
It really makes the anime a crash course for those interested in voice acting.

AND THE BEST PART IS...... THIS IS RIERI'S FIRST MAIN ROLE <3 <3 <3
Jan 20, 2021 9:49 PM

Jan 2017
I love Rin Rin and Ichigo-san. But really, i don't like Futa Futa although i love her seiyuu (Rie Takahashi).
Sep 15, 2021 3:07 PM

Feb 2020
Very funny and entertaining show. I like the main characters I those cameos.

SerafosJan 3, 10:07 AM
Feb 20, 2022 8:38 PM
Dec 2020
Such a good anime, 7.5/10 from me.

Anyway, we can see Rie Takahashi was still rookie seiyuu atm and this is her "first main role", and look now!! She's becoming one of very popular seiyuu and she has many fans now!! I'm really really happy xD

Also despite I think Ichigo-san who got popular in this anime, in facts kinda unfortunate the Ichigo's seiyuu (Yuki Nagaku)'s career is kinda flops and not really much popular compared to Futaba (Rie Takahashi) and Rin (Marika Kouno). I hope Yuki Nagaku can gets more another role in anime again, as well as a main chara though 🙏🤲
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2015

64 by Sylvere »»
May 8, 2023 8:58 AM

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2015

67 by White_Alice »»
Feb 4, 2023 4:29 PM

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

91 by Atavistic »»
May 4, 2021 6:02 AM

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2015

62 by booyah10 »»
Sep 19, 2020 3:04 AM

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2015

51 by booyah10 »»
Sep 19, 2020 2:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.