Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2015 7:30 PM

Jul 2015
sanata50lbsb said:
SoManyRainbows said:

I think it's Misa. It's a photo of her.

Wasn't it Kumagami?

I think Darude is talking about this scene:

Not about the grave of Kumagami. But maybe I'm misunderstanding.
Oct 16, 2015 8:08 PM
Dec 2014
I really juat wanted nao ans yuu together and some dating, tje story was good until it became too rushed, but the ending had like tem seconds nao ans I was like wtf I wanted yuuXnao but they pulled an angel beats on us....
Oct 17, 2015 5:22 AM
Dec 2012
The good things he did was saving his sister, nao's brother and developing somewhat of a romance towards the end. Saving the world. No more powers for the evildoers.

The negatives -
Kumagami death - we had "collapse" we don't need another. Time was wasted.
"Plunder" - Needed a better final solution. He got bored, tired and mentally ill from that.
The ending - "Let's do fun things now" Amnesia - doesn't remember Nao, seems to remember everything else.

Why not go back in time save brothers eyesight? or even use that healing power he attained?
Heal your eye! Heal your injuries, heal your amnesia! You have powers use them before they disappear! It bothers me. It was enjoyable up until the "collapse" then it became "plunder" everything in sight.

7/10 being generous for the good first half. 8/10 for 1-6 and 6/10 for 7-13.
Oct 17, 2015 5:53 AM
Jun 2014
whitefang424 said:
I really juat wanted nao ans yuu together and some dating, tje story was good until it became too rushed, but the ending had like tem seconds nao ans I was like wtf I wanted yuuXnao but they pulled an angel beats on us....

Huh? Angel beats was KIND of vague with it's ending, but we do pretty much know that they resurrected and got together. That's pretty much implied.

Charlotte we had a definite couple ending, although he had memory loss. Wish the idiot studio would have had some romantic moments between them before that ending. Holy shit, i would have felt embarrased if i produced this.
Oct 17, 2015 7:06 AM
Dec 2014
Stormen said:
whitefang424 said:

Huh? Angel beats was KIND of vague with it's ending, but we do pretty much know that they resurrected and got together. That's pretty much implied.

Charlotte we had a definite couple ending, although he had memory loss. Wish the idiot studio would have had some romantic moments between them before that ending. Holy shit, i would have felt embarrased if i produced this.

Point taken, well id be fine with a ova of them dating in both series lolz
Oct 17, 2015 7:12 AM
Jun 2014
COMPLETELY forgot about the ova episodes. They won't make up for the main series being what it is, but it will still be a good addition. I personally hope one will be dating and the other an epilogue. Well, only if they keep the good ending. THere are way too many bittersweet and bad endings in anime so it's good to have happy endings as well. Well, i prefer happy endings anyway.
Oct 17, 2015 9:55 AM
Oct 2015
Really enjoyed the show but somewhat disappointed with the ending. IMO this whole episode could really be made into a new season telling about Yu's journey itself and about what Nao and the others do when Yu's gone, rather than rushed all the story in this final episode.

IF I were Jun Maeda, the ending should be like this: after Yu woke up at the hospital and recovered, he decided to not to confess first because many memories were lost between him and Nao after the time-leap. then they both repeated what Yu has done before the time-leap like bringing Sala to Nao's brother and watch ZIEND together so that Nao slowly develops a feeling towards Yu before she actually sent him on a mission and made a promise.

Well I must end my imaginations here, guess not everything happened like what we want to :(
Oct 21, 2015 5:50 AM

Aug 2013
This show tries to do way too much. The problems started with episode 6 and it continued all the way to the final episode. There were several stories that could've lasted for the entire second half of the show. For some reason they decided to squeeze each one into an episode or two. Episode 13 is the worst offender. It had enough content to last an entire season.

6/10
Oct 29, 2015 2:27 PM

Apr 2014
For how long did he travelled?
Oct 29, 2015 5:23 PM

Jul 2015
Katsu-kun said:

For one year or more, I think.
Oct 29, 2015 11:54 PM
Oct 2015
actually
i like angel beats more than charlotte -_-
Oct 30, 2015 12:25 AM

Jun 2009
mediocre at the beginning, shit at the ending
4/10
Oct 30, 2015 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
I am so unbelievably angry that anyone can like this show
Nov 1, 2015 5:04 AM

Jul 2015
Okay but hold up... Am I the only one wondering what the hell happend to Nao's brother?? Like for real he time leaped back, so he should be the same before the Zhiend Vocalist came back...
Nov 1, 2015 11:04 AM

Jul 2015
Prezzix said:
Okay but hold up... Am I the only one wondering what the hell happend to Nao's brother?? Like for real he time leaped back, so he should be the same before the Zhiend Vocalist came back...

Yeah, because Yuu time leaped back he still was ill. They didn't show how Nao discovered that if her brother listen to Zhiend's songs he would get better, but at the end we see that he was recovering while listening to Zhiend so... Who knows what happened.
Nov 2, 2015 6:57 AM
Mar 2013
I hate rushed romance.
Nov 2, 2015 6:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I love how the 4 most voted reviews has a rating of 3.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 3, 2015 8:56 AM
Apr 2014
This who series was like x men days of future past
Nov 3, 2015 11:13 AM
Aug 2013
Charlotte is good anime I think, same with Angel Beats, but it's will be better, if two of them have more romance parts . . . . :]]
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Nov 6, 2015 7:47 AM
Aug 2013
While not the absolute worst show of Summer 2015 (that goes to Gangsta), this was almost equally bad. 2/10
Nov 6, 2015 12:23 PM

Apr 2015
Awkward MC..Long lost brother..forced time travelling story...forced hetero romance...Um...

I'm glad I was kinda annoyed with the way this anime was going since ep 1 so I wouldn't be too dissapointed when it came to a rushed ending lmao
Nov 7, 2015 12:22 AM
Sep 2014
Lol, Afghanistan would be training child soldiers....ending was kinda...not good...
Nov 7, 2015 6:24 AM

Jan 2013
Interested ending. Kinda liked it. 8/10
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Nov 10, 2015 10:02 PM

Oct 2014
crash and burn
Nov 15, 2015 3:00 AM

Jun 2011
Yuu did gained some pretty badass powers.. it's a shame that they are wasted.

This is a series I feel that would have been benefited from having more episodes, the characterization was all over the place, it didn't transition very well. It would have been great to have 4 cours like Clannad, and dedicate a part of the entire story for each cour, bonding between members of student council, episodic stories, Yuu getting to know his brother and going back in time, and lastly his conquest. The potential was there but they tried to do way too much with only 13 episodes. It ended up becoming a clusterfuck.

I have a lot of questions in my mind that were left unanswered, but somehow I feel that it's pointless to address them, since this franchise will probably end here.

jenanime said:
Wait...did they ever explain Nao's bullies or did they just completely mind wipe that plot point? o_O
I completely forgot about that too lol. It feels like there is a need of closure on Nao's part on the matter regarding her personality.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 15, 2015 7:55 AM
Jun 2014
This would make sense if they in some screwed up way wanted to make a senseless anime in order to provide you with the real story with a VN at a later point.
Nov 16, 2015 10:27 AM

Apr 2009
I'm a Key fan. Air, Kanon and Clannad is in my top 10 favorites.
Maeda-sensei, WHAT HAPPENED.???!! Are you Okay.? I find Angel Beats! 1000x better than this one.

Please do a good job with Rewrite.

For the OST and Art:
6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2015 3:47 PM

Jul 2013
ezaya said:
I'm a Key fan. Air, Kanon and Clannad is in my top 10 favorites.
Maeda-sensei, WHAT HAPPENED.???!! Are you Okay.? I find Angel Beats! 1000x better than this one.

Please do a good job with Rewrite.

For the OST and Art:
6/10

Maeda did not write Rewrite. It was Romeo Tanaka.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 20, 2015 8:48 PM

Jan 2010
The good thing about not reading the sypnosis when I decided to watch this show was that I have zero expectations because I have completely no idea what it's about, and therefore, I can make an unbiased opinion.

So, verdict? It was a fkng mess. I can't even get the right feeling if the show was supposed to be funny or serious. At first I thought it was funny because of all the jokes, but it was so repetitive that at some point I was just like, 'yeah, okay, w/e'. Then came the twist. That shocked me for real because I was not expecting that. The show literally went from feel-good sunshine to frigging dark af sht right there. And that was amazing. I felt sad, at the same time excited, because I had no idea what's coming next! But it only lasted one episode and everything was sunshine and rainbows again. The repetitive jokes are back and I just... what.

More dramas were thrown in, but I never felt one single speck of emotion for any of the characters because comedic relief was thrown immediately right after (sometimes, DURING). It came to the point where I considered dropping it because it was pretty fkng pointless already, but I managed to push myself and finish it because there was just a few episodes left anyway. So. I'm glad that's over. Fkng terrible. But I'm still giving it a 6 because I enjoyed a few scenes.
Nov 22, 2015 10:10 AM

Jun 2009
All I can say about this episode is "what the fuck?"

Eh, 6/10 for this one. It was...strange. Really strange. Not sure what to make of it.
Nov 27, 2015 1:37 AM

Aug 2013
Well I don't think it's so bad but it would've ended nicely with saving little Ayumu back then.
The foreigners and world conquest is a bit too much lol. The depression from losing Ayumu was better.
It would have ended nicely with his flying off too.. the turning physcho arc wasn't needed.
I just find their mentality for time traveling and traveling the world demn awkward.
I mean it makes no sense ? LOL. Well I enjoyed the anime anyway.
Nov 28, 2015 9:23 PM

Aug 2015
why do ppl stop watching anime?... This show.
Nov 29, 2015 6:22 PM

Jan 2014
This last episode all happened too quickly. I would've liked to see more of what is to come after the fact, like how MC copes with not having any memories of before. Maybe we will get that in the extra episode, maybe not. We'll see. Overall I thought this was a really good anime, just rushed towards the end.
Nov 29, 2015 7:55 PM

Jun 2013
It was okay. I like the plot but I felt the characters were too generic and boring to watch except Yu in the beginning of the show. It also felt rushed especially in the last episode. The romance part also felt lacking because it seemed like a one sided thing from Yu's end. But the music by Zhiend in the show was quite soothing. Overall 6 + 1 for the Music = 7/10
I-JitsuDec 7, 2015 10:54 AM
Nov 30, 2015 9:59 AM

Jul 2015
Katsu-kun said:

one episode

about 22 minutes
Well Duh...

Dec 1, 2015 2:55 PM

Jan 2012
Nope. I'm kinda mad. How did the entire last episode become a world counties montage? Seriously, please watch the last episode on Mute with "Its a small world after all." on another window. It totally works. Besides he never gets to do anything really cool with the powers that he gets.. Uhg, its like they are trying to show how cool and awesome he is with the powers, in the MOST backward way possible while completely failing at it to boot. Where did his bother come from with the helicopter?! AND if he was that broken mentally, then should the collapse ability be turned on 24/7. Plus, doesn't it look like he is using all those acquired ability with no after effects? He just keeps using them and using them with no limits and no repercussions. In the show most of the abilities have pretty server after effects. Also, assuming he had 2 years until his powers wore off, there is still NO Fing way he could cover the entire globe and steal all the powers. Plus... why did she confess After he came back. Its such a rip off. At that point its wasted because he can't remember anything. Plus, now that he's POed everyone on the planet, from governments to terrorist to mobs, even though its a "happy ending" isn't the whole world going to try to kill him now? If he was a prisoner before, he defiantly is now.
Kaizoku_MugiwaraDec 2, 2015 5:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2015 3:02 PM

Feb 2014
Unlike previous episodes, this one is a huge disappointment. Everything seemed rushed and half-assed. 6/10.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Dec 7, 2015 3:09 PM

Dec 2013
Renaultclio101 said:
This anime was very good

It is an 8/10

it is much better than CLANNAD and ANGEL BEATS.

LOL
Dec 7, 2015 5:13 PM

Jul 2015
jesssenpai said:
Unlike previous episodes, this one is a huge disappointment. Everything seemed rushed and half-assed. 6/10.

Yeah, I know how you feel. So much disappointment. :'(
Dec 9, 2015 6:54 AM

Aug 2013
What the fuck i have been watch this.
Dec 11, 2015 7:17 AM

Dec 2013
The pacing is amazing. It's like 3 cour crammed into 1 cour!! Isn't that great?? We don't have to wait for 3 seasons now since we can all watch it in 1 season!!!
Bloop
Dec 17, 2015 10:55 AM

Oct 2008
I cant really bring myself to hate this ,despite all its flaws it doesn't have that extra rage factor or is mean spirited to really make you detest it.There were some moments of lucidity and even promise throughout its runtime (most likely inspired or downright stolen from much better titles) so it felt like it could turn for the better,even it doesn't really happen.

Nevertheless the writing was just abysmal ,you can find fan fiction much better than the "story" this series had.
Dec 18, 2015 6:59 PM

May 2013
One-Eyed Grim Reaper. Lol, Yuu could have just healed his eye so that he could see through both of them.
Amnesia fucking sucks. So many plot holes and horrible pacing, but eh, I still enjoyed. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 21, 2015 7:42 PM

Apr 2014
eh, I thought it was a pretty decent show up until episode 8 or so. But then the plot got way too big way too fast. It turned into the anime version of heroes but tried to fit such a huge plot into the final 4-5 episodes.

As for the final episode itself, it was way too rushed and Yuu not remembering Tomori at the end was just meh.. Wayyy too many unanswered questions as well. I was going to say 9/10 up until episode 8 but the last couple episodes dropped it to a 7/10 for me.
Dec 22, 2015 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
I'd like to think that Yuu will gradually remember Nao and the others, especially once his abilities disappear :)
I loved this ending episode, it was much better than I expected. Nao was really cute ^^ I liked her seiyuu's performance.

It had quite a few problems, but most of them I could forgive. The main problem, however, was the pacing and rushing (similarly to Angel Beats, though I liked this more). This could have been soooo much better with 24 episodes, since unfortunately almost every drama/tragic scene felt rushed :( Even Nao x Yuu development... Though the ending made up for that a bit, since I guess Nao always liked Yuu, especially now that she felt his trust in her, and their promise keeping him going for all that time :3
I think Nao was my favorite character in this, Yuu being a close second. Nao really grew on me :)
So yeah, I wish it was longer, because then I would easily give it a 9/10, but I'm going to give this an 8/10 as it is.
Maeda is still great, but please give him more episodes!
RazielZeroDec 22, 2015 5:12 PM
Dec 26, 2015 6:23 AM

Mar 2013
Really beautiful and interesting show from first to last. Why can't anime in general be this good? 8/10 would rewatch only for the sake of watching Nao, Yuu and the rest interact again. Ayumi was probably my favorite character. Absolutely lovely little sister.
Dec 26, 2015 7:27 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
There was so much to take in in the last 3 episodes. But now that I think about it, so much was crammed inside this series. He spent God knows how long grieving for his sister. To me it seemed like months. And then they fixed it, then they went into this final arc with his brother, timeskips, saving his sister and Nao, he lost his eye, then the travel around the world thing. Seriously, this is kind of hard to process.

So many questions unanswered too. Like, how long was he gone? It had to have been well over a year, but no one changed. How did his brother find him in Beijing? Why didn't we get these answers? Hell you could make a 13 episode series on Yu just traveling the world. Speaking of that, I still don't know how to take it. It was rushed as hell of course, but really? He hunted down every single user and potential user? I guess it goes back to me being bothered that we were never told how long it was.

I really don't know what to think in the end. So much was packed into this series, it really amazes me. Yu at the beginning of the series was so awesome, I loved how he really broke the mold of the regular virtuous main character. That's exactly what I'm looking for in a main character, he also had great emotions and arcs and development. As for everyone else, they're pretty forgettable. EXCEPT for Yu's sister Ayumi of course. I loved her to death!

I'll give Charlotte a 6/10 because of Yuu, gorgeous art, and an interesting concept of powers. But the massive all over the place story, forgettable characters, and just overall meh enjoyment.
takkun_Dec 26, 2015 7:28 PM
Jan 2, 2016 10:44 AM

May 2015
I had quite a few problems with this episode:

1) Why didn't he use his healing ability to get rid of the excess powers? They're a disease, right? So get rid of all the powers you don't need. Keep necessary ones like flying, telekinesis, omni-lingual, finding ability, etc. Then you're good as gold. The fact that he can advance the process of gaining powers proves that they count as an illness and could likely be healed. Even if the healing ability COULDN'T do this, I find it hard to believe that out of all of the abilities in the world, there wasn't ONE person who was able to get rid of other powers. Not like the plundering/looting ability where the person loses the power and the user gains it, but simply the ability to stop the power altogether.

2) Why didn't he use the ability he had to wipe memories in order to
Also, his journey was really all over the place. He went to southern Italy, then he went to Russia, THEN he went to Sicily? That makes no sense whatsoever.

3) He didn't go back in time and stop the death of his brother's friend because he thought it would be selfish? I would understand if he didn't want to go back because it would mean that he would have to start from scratch, but seriously?

4) The power of courage? Are you kidding me right now?

5) How are they going to spread the vaccine to everyone? Are they going to put it in a rocket, blast it off and spread it everywhere? (yes, I took that from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs)

I very much enjoyed this series. I laughed and a cried, and I would give my enjoyment an 8/10. However, as for the overall quality of the show, I'm going to have to rate this series a 6/10. Very enjoyable, but a lot of questionable logic. They never even explained why they put Yusa on the student council. Her older sister can possess her, and her sister can use fire. How is that a helpful ability? Not to mention the cliches, like being the most powerful ability wielder in the world because of his power. The fact that he never told Nao how to heal her brother also kind of ticked me off.

I definitely don't regret watching the series, but I'm not going to favorite it or anything.
SuranaJan 5, 2016 8:42 AM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jan 3, 2016 5:36 PM

Dec 2013
I actually enjoyed this series although I think the story was pretty rushed. It reminded me of Angel Beats! tho, I can't tell which is better.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jan 6, 2016 2:20 AM
May 2009
Ending, was what I expected it to be. Guy who gets all powerful after stealing too many abilities begins to lose himself, and become afriad of what he has become. After finally reaching his goal, he gives up, only to be saved.

Atleast we got a look at home some of the international groups were training and developing ability users. and that not only terrorist groups but even corporations and government groups were involved in Kidnapping and experimenting on Children.
Pages (18) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

858 by Mads004 »»
Mar 29, 8:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.