Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2015 10:43 AM

Oct 2014
a Moment of Silence for Best Teacher Megu-nee.

As always, a good episode. We also get to know that Yuki is the one who makes them feel alive. Without her, they would not be alive, but only ''not dead''. Just surviving for surviving's sake.
However, it kinda irks me. Especially Rii, how she seemed adamant about it. Makes me somehow feel like they are abusing her...

CookingPriest said:
Also is it just me or Rii seemed like she is about to snap at Miki at least twice?

yup, noticed that too. i wonder if it means something...
Knowing the Show, it probably does.
Aug 13, 2015 11:01 AM

Jan 2015
VanishingKira said:
6 episodes to reveal Megu-nee was dead when it was obvious from episode one if you were paying attention.

And with that half the show wasted,hope this'll gets better but with half the show already done already have a predetermined score on what this'll end up being.

lol, nobody cares about your opinion.

Great episode, as always. finally they revealed Megu-nee's death!
[spoiler]

i wonder if we will get to see taroumaru's death in the next episode.
Aug 13, 2015 11:02 AM

Jan 2014
I was starting to low the guard about Megu-Nee not being a product of Yuki's mind, but damn.

The disappearing of Megu-Nee in the preview kinda unsettled me!
Aug 13, 2015 11:08 AM

Jul 2013
Xenocrisi said:
VanishingKira said:
6 episodes to reveal Megu-nee was dead when it was obvious from episode one if you were paying attention.

And with that half the show wasted,hope this'll gets better but with half the show already done already have a predetermined score on what this'll end up being.

[spoiler]

Hmmm....

Aug 13, 2015 11:10 AM

Jan 2015
danteinferno111 said:
Xenocrisi said:

[spoiler]

Hmmm....

Did i spoil you?

*runs away*
Aug 13, 2015 11:10 AM

Dec 2014
CookingPriest said:
Very good episode.

Also is it just me or Rii seemed like she is about to snap at Miki at least twice? First on the rooftop till Kurumi interrupted and then in the showers, we had Rii had some deathstare before Miki went on about joining the club. Might be just my imagination due to how she is drawn but idk, with how complex the show has been so far I'd like to think they would not draw her that way without reason.

It's possible that all the girls are slowly going crazy. Yuri is just TOO CALM and Kurumi gets too much regular exposure to the undead.
Aug 13, 2015 11:21 AM

May 2013
Aww this episode. Well since i just recently read the manga so imo idk what to say.

But dat ed theme tho, my gosh what have they done ;-;
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 13, 2015 11:25 AM

Mar 2015
I already read the manga so I already knew that this scene was coming but even so I still felt like crying because of Megu-nee.

I thought that Yuki would turn crazy after Miki said that :s

Aug 13, 2015 11:39 AM

Jan 2014
That dropping sound when Yuki handed over the bottle to Megu-Nee tho(04:28)...That was good :I

There were people who get surprised when Megu-Nee's death confirmed? O_O
Aug 13, 2015 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
God, that ED...

Figured Megu-nee sacrificed herself for their sakes. Anways, we get the confirmation this episode. And I wonder if Taroumaru will get infected in the near future.

Sekai_ said:

Yeah, same here.
Aug 13, 2015 11:50 AM

Jul 2015
I knew than Megu-nee was dead, but... I cryed a lot with this episode TnnnnnnT And that ending helped for cry even more TTnnnTT
Gakkou Gurashi, one of the best animes of the season <3

P.D: Sorry for my bad english.

Aug 13, 2015 11:51 AM

Apr 2012
Liked how they directed the Megu-ne reveal even though it was obvious especially when Yuki went yandere mode lmao. The ED was a nice touch.

Can anyone tell me with spoilers whether this anime gets darker or not without major spoilers? Also does Yuki eventually snap out of her delusions or go completely insane as if she isn't already? Include spoiler tags ofc

Aug 13, 2015 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
Megunee death is expected but it still sad especially in the end.

OrangeJP said:
For some reason my post on the last episode got deleted but w/e

Well, megu-nee is confirmed dead and just wait until.....

Screw myself for clicking that spoiler tag. I'm not a manga reader.

So how long do we have to wait for that scene?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 13, 2015 11:56 AM

Aug 2015
Zeally said:

Can anyone tell me with spoilers whether this anime gets darker or not without major spoilers? Also does Yuki eventually snap out of her delusions or go completely insane as if she isn't already? Include spoiler tags ofc

All I can say is sht is about to get real in the second half.
Aug 13, 2015 11:56 AM

Feb 2015
Hopefully this is the last of the flashback episodes.

I already knew that Megu-nee was dead but they handled the reveal very well. The dropped water bottle and music player were nice touches.
Aug 13, 2015 12:07 PM

Aug 2015
Xenocrisi said:
VanishingKira said:

Well of course there will always be THAT ONE GUY you know. So chill :D
MizunashiAug 13, 2015 12:23 PM
Aug 13, 2015 12:11 PM

Jul 2013
Zeally said:
Liked how they directed the Megu-ne reveal even though it was obvious especially when Yuki went yandere mode lmao. The ED was a nice touch.

About that

Aug 13, 2015 12:13 PM

Aug 2015
Man I freaking love this episode, from the background music, the way they handled the reveal (Megu-nee T_T), the ED and preview (why u do this Lerche),
this creepy (and also crazy) Yuki
SchwingBoner said:

and also some wise words from Kurumi-chan

MizunashiAug 13, 2015 12:25 PM
Aug 13, 2015 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
NO, MEGU-NEE IS STILL ALIVE, FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS
Aug 13, 2015 12:23 PM

Mar 2012
Sekai_ said:
I already read the manga so I already knew that this scene was coming but even so I still felt like crying because of Megu-nee.

She's a time bomb full of crazy just waiting to explode.
Aug 13, 2015 12:27 PM

Jul 2015
Megu-nee :( that scene when Mii-kun asks who is Megu-nee was really dark and scary because of Yuki's expression. Rii almost snapping on Mii-kun about Yuki just shows how serious the situation is. The feels...
Aug 13, 2015 12:51 PM

Sep 2012
Wow, this show has me hooked. It's definitely very interesting. I'm glad that the difference between flashback and now wasn't very hard to notice. Most of the episode is a flashback.

And that ED. It was so sad. Poor Yuki. At least it's official that Megu-nee is a figment of her imagination (though it was extremely obvious). I kind of hope we see one of her panic attacks (or whatever they are) in the anime. I'm definitely reading the manga after this anyway, but it's different watching it as opposed to reading it.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 13, 2015 12:55 PM

Sep 2012
Zapredon said:
Megunee death is expected but it still sad especially in the end.

OrangeJP said:
For some reason my post on the last episode got deleted but w/e

Well, megu-nee is confirmed dead and just wait until.....

Screw myself for clicking that spoiler tag. I'm not a manga reader.

So how long do we have to wait for that scene?

I almost always click on them even if I'm only watching the anime... Curiosity definitely killed the cat.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 13, 2015 12:56 PM

Jan 2015
That moment when Miki raised The Question...so well done. Yuki somehow had this Yuno vibes, like woah. Never trust pink haired girls I guess.

The ending was emotive, but the preview left a knot in my throat. To think a preview could make you tear...

People spoilers remind me about that time Harry Potter's last book came out and someone posted each death with the page it happened. It was ridiculous.
Aug 13, 2015 1:02 PM

Jul 2007
I'm sticking by changing the name of this show to, "A Moe Waste of Time Until Shit Hits the Fan and You're Left Brain Fucked". Still, that Megu-Nee stuff hit right when I was thinking about skipping ahead because of how much I hate Yuki.
Aug 13, 2015 1:12 PM
Aug 13, 2015 1:21 PM
坊っちゃん お願い

Jul 2015
>When you realize Miki had literally watched Yuki pick up the radio and dropped it on the floor, breaking it.
Aug 13, 2015 1:30 PM

Sep 2014
Nice episode. Finally get to see that Megu-nee is in fact dead, was kind of sad but not that dramatic.

It was nice to see the way Miki joined the others, I like her.
Aug 13, 2015 1:36 PM

Nov 2014
It kind of blows my mind the other girls thought it would be okay to not warn Yuki to keep away until they're together to greet her. Letting Yuki do it must have been a lot more traumatic...
sirflimflamAug 13, 2015 1:43 PM
Aug 13, 2015 1:38 PM
Sep 2010
This was a pretty decent episode, I really liked the conversation part between Yuki and Miki in the music room, from the contrast between what Yuki sees and what Miki sees to the reveal of Megu-nee. That part was executed really well. I also like how they skimmed through the sports festival thing, as I was not really a fan of that sequence in the manga. And the end credits was really good.

But, I wasn't really fond of some parts. I didn't really like how they shortened the argument between Rii and Miki. While they do mention how Yuki serves as a moral compass for Rii and Kurumi, in the manga...
I also wasn't too fond of how quickly Miki accepted Yuki's condition, as appose to the manga.
And while I did say that I really liked the end credits, to me it felt out of place. Megu-nee is only brought up twice, the reveal and the discussion on how she died. While the rest is all about Miki getting to know the school life club, and eventually joining it. So its a bit odd that they made the credits all about Megu-nee when she wasn't even the focus for this episode.
Aug 13, 2015 1:42 PM

Oct 2012
Finally, the obvious was shown! I kinda expected it after previous episode.

And the way they did ED this time was actually nice, they made it obvious for just about everyone.

Chronologically, the first three episode occured after this one. Next, let go finally back to present time.
Aug 13, 2015 1:46 PM

Aug 2014
That touch in the ending and on the preview was marvelous and heart-breaking at the same time.
I hope we can still see Megu-nee in Yuki's delusions.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Aug 13, 2015 1:50 PM

Jan 2010
rest in fucking pieces megu-nee
Aug 13, 2015 2:08 PM

Mar 2013
New OP section incoming for next week.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Aug 13, 2015 2:11 PM

Jan 2014
Bah it didn't really come as a shock for me that Megumi was dead, as too many comments through the episodes tried to make it seem obvious. thank you spoiler derps >_>

Hearing some more about Yuki's delusions was interesting, but damn Yuuri can be tough to argue with when it's about what Yuki should and should not realize.

A good episode overall.
Aug 13, 2015 2:21 PM

May 2015
At last, they confirmed Megu-nee died. Fuck, ;__;.... Loved the ED this episode ;_;. This was a great episode as usual, looking forward to the next one again.

Aug 13, 2015 2:44 PM

Aug 2015
I'm really glad they didn't drag out the Megu-nee thing and actually confirmed that she has died. Everyone knew by now, I'm sure, so there was no need to keep up appearances lol. I would still love to see a flashback of the full explanation behind what happened to Megu-nee though.

Loved this episode! Poor Yuki having so much trouble accepting all that has happened, but I think she's a wonderful centerpiece for this series! I'm definitely hooked, and can't wait for the next episode! ★5/5
Aug 13, 2015 2:52 PM

Jun 2013
Even if I knew the fate Megu-nee since the hint on episode one, the ending sequence still sting a bit. Great execution this episode.
Aug 13, 2015 3:12 PM

Oct 2011
When I saw Yuki talking to Megu-nee (herself)... Ugh. It was painful.
Aug 13, 2015 3:23 PM

May 2015
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Aug 13, 2015 3:25 PM

Jul 2012
Xenocrisi said:
VanishingKira said:

[spoiler]

But heck, this was probably my favourite episode yet even if I feel that they should have kept some of the conversations between the characters as they were in the manga... Miki's acception of Yuki's delusions felt too easy. Oh well...
That conversation between Miki and Yuki was definitely well done, the atmosphere was damn amazing *o*
All the little details put in this episode felt just great as we waited for the reveal. The bottle, the radio, just really well done :)
-miraiiAug 13, 2015 4:54 PM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Aug 13, 2015 3:29 PM

Jan 2015
*FEELS* that was so sad !!
Aug 13, 2015 3:30 PM

Apr 2015
I think everyone watching knew Megune-nee was dead,but the ending was still really depressing. I wonder how will the OP play from now on?

And the radio scene actually scared me,I think it was my favorite part of the whole episode.
BoboSmradAug 13, 2015 3:35 PM
Aug 13, 2015 3:52 PM

Apr 2012
RIP Megu-nee. Damn that ED!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Aug 13, 2015 3:53 PM

Nov 2014
We all knew but poor Megu-nee :'(
Hi there
Aug 13, 2015 4:03 PM

Oct 2011
MEGU NEE T_________________________________T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 13, 2015 4:08 PM

Jan 2015
Zeally said:

[spoiler]
The next arc will be really really dark.
Yes and no, sometimes she sees the real world (and goes crazy) and sometimes she sees the her world
Aug 13, 2015 4:14 PM

Apr 2015
Imho the manga is better, they haven't put all those flashbacks 'n sh*t, so it was easier to follow the story (the ENTIRE story, some parts were cut).
Anyway they've put extra stuff (like what Megu-nee did right before the invasion), but I still prefer how the manga showed her death...
Aug 13, 2015 4:21 PM

Mar 2009
Well, that was sad. Not surprising, but sad. Poor Yuki. Poor Megu-nee. :(

It's interesting how Kurumi and Yuuri(and now Miki) see Yuki's current state as a bastion of joy and sanity in an otherwise terrible world. She's the anchor, and is honestly probably what keeps them going. Even if Miki was averse to it at first, in the end she also understood the effect Yuki had on the girls, and herself. All that being said, I do wonder if Miki will ever try to snap Yuki out of it. Like others have mentioned in the thread already, Yuuri got really upset(and almost looked like she was going to snap) when Miki brought it up. It's clearly not very healthy for all of them, Yuki especially; but this is a zombie outbreak, and they need to keep their sanity somehow. It's a really interesting dynamic.

Anyway, great show. As usual.
Aug 13, 2015 4:46 PM

Dec 2014
Xenocrisi said:
AnnaSartin said:

It's possible that all the girls are slowly going crazy. Yuri is just TOO CALM and Kurumi gets too much regular exposure to the undead.

[spoiler]

oh my... he/she just summed the second half of the anime with Kurumi and the second season of the anime woth yuuri, lol.

Shit, if I'm this on the money I better not make any serious predictions about Miki. How about some something zany, like she starts going yuri for one of the girls since it's questionable whether any of them will see another (living) male of their species again? LOL Hell, if they stay holed up at school they may never see another human being at all. They're going to have to move on eventually when all the nearby food stores run out.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.