Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 21, 2008 8:25 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMG! I love this episode! Gauron is back! LOL! He's so pathetic, but I really love his character, being a villain like that, gives an example on how to be a REAL VILLAIN!

What is the true spelling? Gauron or Gaulun? But in KAA fansub, it's Gauln! LOL! XD
Mar 5, 2008 4:31 AM

Jan 2008
Can't believe they actually brought him back... the AS with the long hair kinda gave it away for me, but still, he's not dead? The man's invincible I tell you. Gauron/Gauln, whatever his name is, he's one tough nut.

Oh dear, did that bastard nailed the target on Sousuke or what! Good episode.

Mar 21, 2008 4:32 PM

Jul 2007
kanaka said:
Can't believe they actually brought him back... the AS with the long hair kinda gave it away for me, but still, he's not dead? The man's invincible I tell you. Gauron/Gauln, whatever his name is, he's one tough nut.

Oh dear, did that bastard nailed the target on Sousuke or what! Good episode.

Lambda Driver ftw!
Apr 3, 2008 7:38 AM

Feb 2008
But Gauln still died, lol! I never thought that he would be so compassionate. LOL! He's really inlove with Kashim, ahahah! He's weird!
Sep 21, 2008 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
GAULN! He's probably one of the best villains I've seen in an anime. But seriously, atleast he's dead FOR SURE now. Or maybe not? I can imagine season three when Sousuke sees Gauln once again.

"I had a bulletproof vest with fake blood and a miniature lambda driver to shield me from the explosion, lol"

"GAUUULN!"
Jan 19, 2009 11:40 AM
May 2008
Well he's died like 3 times, but always came back, but now I think he's dead.
I was expecting him to be alive as soon as I saw the building.
Feb 5, 2009 1:00 PM

Jun 2008
Good now Gaulun is really finally dead.
May 19, 2009 1:27 PM

Feb 2008
Fcuking here goes gore! Loved an ending of this episode.
Jul 31, 2009 9:47 AM
Feb 2008
This show is weird! One episode is slower more character focused then the next you're going 120 mph into a burning building while flaming ninjas dance on the hood

Gaurin is an excellent villain. I definitely enjoyed his little antics the best in the first series (which was meh especially compared to this one). His whole "I love you Kashim" crack was always so irritating and taunting in the perfect way.

And his english VA is stellar. I think he's the best actor and fit for the character in the whole series

And lol at Tessa's little outburst! I can't even remember when she fell in love with Sousuke or whatever but even she knows it can't work that's her employee!
Good episode!
thatguyJul 31, 2009 9:50 AM
Jul 31, 2009 9:47 AM
Feb 2008
Orkel said:
GAULN! He's probably one of the best villains I've seen in an anime. But seriously, atleast he's dead FOR SURE now. Or maybe not? I can imagine season three when Sousuke sees Gauln once again.

"I had a bulletproof vest with fake blood and a miniature lambda driver to shield me from the explosion, lol"

"GAUUULN!"

LMAO!
Nov 5, 2009 8:15 PM

Apr 2009
dammit did I love Tessa's speech!
Nov 9, 2009 4:56 PM

Oct 2009
Interesting episode! I had my suspicions about Gauron coming back ever since the end of the first season. OMG hes BAAAACK. That guy just can't be beat. Finally Sousuke got some balls and just capped him. That was really satisfying for me. It got even better with the bomb, didn't expect it, but I should've because it completely fits with Gauron's role. Anyway, only one more!!!
Nov 22, 2009 12:11 AM

Jun 2009
It's pretty obvious, imo, that Gauron told him Sousuke that Chidori was dead just to enrage him. It was always his desire, if I remember the first season correctly, to have Sousuke to return to his Kashim "ways."
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 30, 2009 3:21 AM

Aug 2008
huh, Gauron lied cuz Chidori lives. however, so Sousuke is now more on Ksdhim way, i'm curious what the figt would be , and lambda driver
Jan 6, 2010 6:20 AM
May 2008
Christ, hopefully Gauron is finally dead now... I don't know if I can handle him returning again, lol. Also, Tessa laying down the law was pretty nice.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Feb 9, 2010 10:02 PM

Jan 2009
OH SNAP!!
Sick ep, though how the hell is the dude still living!?

Last one!

Mar 5, 2010 7:56 PM

Mar 2010
Gauron's face when he was killed was fucking PRICELESS.
I love that man.
RIP. ( I think )
Mar 21, 2010 1:31 AM

Sep 2008
Safe to say that he's actually dead this time, He will be reincarnated again as an AS AI, rofl.

I also find it hilarious that Testarossa loves Sagara, and Testarossa's brother loves Kaname.
Aug 25, 2010 9:13 PM

May 2010
The best part was when Tessa shut Mardukas's mouth.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 31, 2010 2:04 PM

May 2010
Lol'd when I saw Gauron's dead face.. true villains always die smiling, right?
Jan 7, 2011 8:51 PM

May 2010
Lol, what the hell was with Gauron anyways? Was he purposefully trying to goad Sousuke into killing him, like as in his style of suicide is being killed by Mr. Saint-eyed? Well, that's it for him!
“Money can't buy dere”
Feb 4, 2011 10:43 PM

Oct 2008
GAURON!
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 20, 2011 1:11 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, this guy was still alive the whole time. Ridiculous.
Mar 21, 2011 2:53 AM

Dec 2010
If Gauron is still alive after that...god fucking dammit!
Mar 30, 2011 9:16 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It seems Gauron is finally dead!

I like that FMP has the balls to show the hero repeatedly shooting an unnarmed dying man lying on a bed. Not too many shows would dare without then questioning his "hero" credentials.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 31, 2011 11:25 AM

Nov 2010
genius!! another genius episode!
Apr 20, 2011 1:49 PM

Jul 2009
Damn I should've seen that coming but Gauron was truly awesome in this episode and I didn't like his character at all in the first series. The ending was pretty brutal too ;o
Apr 25, 2011 2:39 PM

Dec 2010
Seabury said:
Lol, what the hell was with Gauron anyways? Was he purposefully trying to goad Sousuke into killing him, like as in his style of suicide is being killed by Mr. Saint-eyed? Well, that's it for him!
Gauron just had to much pride to die from mere wounds. He lived in the battlefield, and absolutely had to die in it, at the hands of a skilled oponent, and in his eyes, Kashim/Sagara was the only one who deserved to kill him.
Setting up a bomb to blow up when he kicked the bucket... an asshole to the very end, uh?

Holy hell, what an episode.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

May 3, 2011 12:53 AM

Feb 2009
Something tells me Gauron will appear in the third season inside a machine!

This episode explained pretty much what needed to be explained and it was very well executed, the conversation with Gauron was pretty good and the last twin and the madman finally made their move. Oh and someone very special seemed to have burst into Hunter's office :D It just worries me that 1 episode just doesn't look it will be enough to warp everything without looking too forced... let's see.
Jun 16, 2011 3:36 AM
May 2011
i love just how big of a jump the first and 2nd season to the 3rd is in graphical content, this show was like a PG originaly now this is straight up R, what there were 3 F bombs in this 1 ep and we saw a dieing man attached to life support get shot 15 times in the chest at point blank range

and for people that do seirously doubt gauron is dea dyah he is, he never comes back after this seaosn but to be fair theres only 1 more seaosn left which is due this fall, the light novel has been overfor a good year now
Oct 21, 2011 7:21 AM

Sep 2011
man gauron went out so badassly, tell me how man villians can you think of that are this intimidating while being on life support,

smiling while he was brutally killed was just iceing on the cake

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 17, 2011 3:11 PM

Feb 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
man gauron went out so badassly, tell me how man villians can you think of that are this intimidating while being on life support

TRUTH. He gets the "badass of the day award for excellence in badassery"

FINAL EP NEXT. holyshittt.
Nov 27, 2011 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
Fifth time's the charm?
There was the sniper incident before the series
Kanka region
Helmajistan
TDD-1 hijacking incident
And now direct hits followed by an explosion.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 24, 2012 7:14 PM
Mar 2012
I suppose this episode redeems him a bit for ruining large swaths of season one.

Was that Chidori busting into that Intelligence guy's office? How'd she get to Hong Kong so quickly. And what is Tessa's brother's real game?

I like how Tessa stands up for Sosuke.

Pretty intense episode. 4/5. I wonder how this whole big mess is going to get wrapped up in a single episode...
Jul 6, 2012 1:04 PM

Mar 2012
Of course, Gauron would die with a smile on his face. Now is he really dead? Or perhaps his brain would be preserved in a jar or something.
Oct 11, 2012 1:39 AM

Sep 2011
I still have my doubts. He's not dead.
Dec 19, 2012 8:54 AM

Jan 2010
I always though Gauron was a very annoying villain in season 1 and I still think he was, but he finally proved himself to me in this episode, wow. His death was superbly done, very intense and one of the high points of the season so far. I just hope the last episode isn't rushed.
Apr 10, 2013 7:42 AM
Jul 2011
Gauron is now in my top 5 favorite villains in anime. It was very smart how he used Sousuke's emotions against him. He knew that Sousuke wasn't the soldier like he used to be. He's become weak, so using Chidori as his puppet to get Sousuke to finish him off was awesome. I would've done the same thing. I'd rather die by the hands of my enemy than die in a hospital bed, pathetically.
Apr 14, 2013 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Very intense.
Aug 11, 2013 1:29 AM

Dec 2009
Orkle said:

"GAUUULN!"

Hahaha I could clearly see that happening.

Also Tessa's speech was awesome. Really liked it.
Dec 29, 2013 11:03 AM

May 2012
Oh wow that ending! Well he's finally dead that's for sure now! But wow I can't believe the next is the last episode, I sure hope it's good and finishes the series properly!
Sep 18, 2014 10:21 AM

Jul 2014
Gauron only want to be killed by Sousuke, because he loves him after all -____- I guess my point of view from 8 years ago has changed significantly. Back then I didn't realize that Gauron is pedophile and gay, ahahaha.

Still love Sousuke's expression <3
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Aug 22, 2015 8:06 PM
Apr 2015
Tessa, you are the boss!

Gauron is extremely annoying in S1 because he just wouldn't die, and he proves himself again coming back to haunt Sousuke. He is a better antagonist this time around though.
Oct 7, 2015 11:28 PM

Apr 2013
Gauron is like a cockroach. Squash him and think he's dead and just when you walked away he starts crawling again.
Mar 2, 2016 6:46 AM

Apr 2011
Dude, I loved this episode.
'Kashim' finally slugged out the nightmare that kept following him around, fantastic. Now that he thinks Kaname is dead, I wonder how uncontrollable Sousuke is going to be...

(lol @ Tessa confessing that she 'loves' Sousuke, so l a m e, why have that and then immediately show how damn important Kaname is to Sousuke? To gain sympathy for the little bitch captain? I certainly don't have any, not for her or her stupid brother. :x)
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Mar 24, 2016 11:41 AM
May 2010
Was nice to see just how far this series is willing to take it's emotional twists, I can't believe that the ones whom made this also made Season 2.
Dec 7, 2016 7:33 AM
Jun 2013
so boring old Gauron came back....again and died again. Well at least he got what he wanted. tessa got all bad ass and told the dude off like she should to bad she hasint got a snow ball chance in hell of getting the man she fell in love with. Im also curious why her bro went all evil.
Dec 7, 2016 2:05 PM

Jan 2012
Oh for crying out loud, it really was Gauron! XD I'd complain but at least Sousuke killed him at the end, in typical for this season gruesome fashion too. We all know Kaname ain't dead of course. In fact, pretty sure I heard her voice trying to talk with that one chubby guy. Welp, one more episode to go!
Jan 21, 2017 8:20 AM

Aug 2014
is sousuke middle eastern now..where did he get his japanese name..IM SO CONFUSED LOL
Xtina is my mother!
May 7, 2017 9:45 AM

Jan 2013
Gauron being alive wasn't that hard to predict but it definitely was nice seeing him again :)
The ending was exactly what Gauron wanted aswell, to be killed by "Kashim" just like the time when he fought him on the submarine.

Seems Gauron did his job, snapping Sousuke out of it ... what a great character he was :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 11 Discussion

Jikkir - Feb 15, 2008

41 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:08 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Feb 12, 2008

67 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 29, 2023 7:47 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 8 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

42 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 5 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

39 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 26, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 1 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

46 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 24, 2023 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.