Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 28, 2015 5:56 AM

Mar 2008
PrimeX said:
so are Satanists and atheists bffs?
LaVeyan Satanists are atheists. If you want to know anything about them you can actually just go to their website.
Jul 28, 2015 6:12 AM

Feb 2015
traed said:
PrimeX said:
so are Satanists and atheists bffs?
LaVeyan Satanists are atheists. If you want to know anything about them you can actually just go to their website.

Is it even worth making a distinction? It's not going to matter one way or another for any self-identifying Satanist. It's the same God that they're deliberately choosing to reject.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 28, 2015 6:26 AM
Jul 2018
satan was an angel. why he is so ugly?
Jul 28, 2015 6:28 AM

Jul 2015
d445 said:
Because he's supposed to invoke terror and fear so people are scared into abiding by the morals set forth by the bible.
I refuse to hide behind the picture of a kawaii 2d girl.
Jul 28, 2015 6:35 AM

Oct 2014
icirate said:
traed said:

Is it even worth making a distinction? It's not going to matter one way or another for any self-identifying Satanist. It's the same God that they're deliberately choosing to reject.
Not really

Unless they don't want to be associated with people who actually worship the devil
Jul 28, 2015 6:53 AM

Jun 2008
I just want to quickly mention that I was REPRIMANDED by MAL Mods for "making fun of christians" and that intolerance against religions will NOT be tolerated on MAL.

So, Whether or not you think Satanists are this or that, they are a PROTECTED religion in the United States, and if MAL has a zero tolerance against "Making fun of Christians" then they should also have one for Satanists.

Equality folks.

Also....yeah....Hail Satan.
Jul 28, 2015 7:03 AM

Mar 2008
The MAL mods are becoming totalitarian

icirate said:
traed said:

You have to believe in a god to reject it.
Jul 28, 2015 8:30 AM

Oct 2010
traed said:
You obviously know nothing of Satanism. Satan means the opposer. Its taking a stance against Christianity ad religious oppression. They dont even believe in the devil. Its a symbol for peoples natural desires.

What is Atheism?
Jul 28, 2015 8:32 AM

Jul 2014
LibertyPrime said:
traed said:
You obviously know nothing of Satanism. Satan means the opposer. Its taking a stance against Christianity ad religious oppression. They dont even believe in the devil. Its a symbol for peoples natural desires.

What is Atheism?

Simply the belief that a god doesn't exist
Take care of yourself

Jul 28, 2015 8:36 AM

Oct 2009
Weebotakujinsama said:
d445 said:
Because he's supposed to invoke terror and fear so people are scared into abiding by the morals set forth by the bible.

Isn't it ironic that the satanist is using theists depiction of satan? its movement defined by the very thing it detests.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jul 28, 2015 8:39 AM

Feb 2015
This gave me cancer
Jul 28, 2015 8:52 AM

Feb 2015
traed said:
icirate said:

I don't think that's true. Some people are simply doubtful but others that don't believe also think that God is evil.

Jul 28, 2015 9:10 AM

Jun 2011
JustALEX said:
I just want to quickly mention that I was REPRIMANDED by MAL Mods for "making fun of christians" and that intolerance against religions will NOT be tolerated on MAL.

Seriously? Not cool, MAL.
Jul 28, 2015 9:12 AM

Jun 2008
@icirate, I know this tactic very well, I used it when I was once a christian.

Being atheist doesn't mean you are rejecting god.

I suppose some of them do, in the sense that they "hate" god or they feel some internalized conflict with what people perceive as "god".

Others, such as Agnostic-Atheists simply don't believe due to a lack of evidence, but they also don't make a solid stance on knowledge.

Many atheists simply take a neutral position.

This is the flaw that many theists make.

Atheism is not the same as Anti-theism.

If Theists want to have beef, it's against Anti-theists not strictly atheists.
Jul 28, 2015 9:19 AM

Feb 2015
JustALEX said:

I suppose some of them do, in the sense that they "hate" god or they feel some internalized conflict with what people perceive as "god".

All I was arguing was that some of them do. That's all I need to claim right now.

Jul 28, 2015 9:19 AM
Feb 2014
JustALEX said:

Others, such as Agnostic-Atheists simply don't believe due to a lack of evidence, but they also don't make a solid stance on knowledge.

Many atheists simply take a neutral position.

This is the flaw that many theists make.

Atheism is not the same as Anti-theism.

If Theists want to have beef, it's against Anti-theists not strictly atheists.

We have agnostics for the neutral position but OK.

Semantics on the Internet are double-edged swords.
Jul 28, 2015 9:24 AM

Mar 2008
icirate said:

All I was arguing was that some of them do. That's all I need to claim right now.
Only a small number of people who say they are atheists are actually theists. The real meaning of someone who does not beleive in a god is an atheist. However an anti-theist has two meanings. One being a opposer of the idea of a god, the other being a beleiver in a god and is against the god.
Jul 28, 2015 9:27 AM

Jun 2011
icirate said:
JustALEX said:

lol saying some do isn't saying much, that's you just cherry picking to try and make atheists look bad, I'm sure there are more child molesting religious people than the atheist type you are speaking of :p
Jul 28, 2015 9:30 AM

Jun 2008
icirate said:

Ok.

So you acknowledge the fact that some atheists, and I'll even be bold and say MOST atheists are not actually rejecting god, they genuinely do not know but because of the lack of evidence, they also don't believe, right?

I mean, If I genuinely do not know if aliens exists, you wouldn't say I'm rejecting aliens....I honestly don't know.

Maybe god/aliens are real....but I want empirical evidence.

TheBasedNico said:
We have agnostics for the neutral position but OK.

Agnosticism isn't a position on belief, only on knowledge.

Technically, the WHOLE human race is agnostic because NO ONE truly knows the truth.
Jul 28, 2015 9:34 AM

Mar 2008
I have doubts this will change anything. Christians will still have religious monuments in public spaces where they do not belong.

JustALEX said:

Technically, the WHOLE human race is agnostic because NO ONE truly knows the truth.
Well agnostic/gnostic is a claim of knowledge not actual knowledge level. So its more a level of certainty.
Jul 28, 2015 9:42 AM

Jun 2008
traed said:
I have doubts this will change anything. Christians will still have religious monuments in public spaces where they do not belong.

JustALEX said:

Well agnostic/gnostic is a claim of knowledge not actual knowledge level. So its more a level of certainty.

If we go down this route we get into philosophy.....and I really don't like philosophy.

This is when you start asking the really hard questions such as....

Can anyone really know anything?

How do you know you're really you?

How do you know this reality is real?

How do you know that you're not in the matrix right now?

How can you distinguish between real and fake?

What IS real?

And so on....
Jul 28, 2015 10:36 AM

Feb 2015
traed said:
One being a opposer of the idea of a god, the other being a beleiver in a god and is against the god.
What I'm saying is that you can 'not believe in something' and also simultaneously 'be against it'. I'm against Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter, but I don't think she's real.

Killaclown said:
I'm sure there are more child molesting religious people than the atheist type you are speaking of :p
I'm sure that if you took a group of over a billion people and one of a few million, then your point doesn't seem at all relevant.

JustALEX said:
icirate said:

Ok.

So you acknowledge the fact that some atheists, and I'll even be bold and say MOST atheists are not actually rejecting god, they genuinely do not know but because of the lack of evidence, they also don't believe, right?

This thread is about Satanists, not atheists? I'm not making atheists look bad. Read what I wrote again for yourself.
icirate said:
traed said:

Satanists reject God. Some atheists reject God, and in that subset of atheists are most Satanists. I'm not saying that atheists are a subset of Satanists; I'm saying that most Satanists are a subset of atheists. Satanists are those that actively and openly reject God to the point of literally pledging allegiance to Satan. You'd have to have very strong faith that the Bible was completely wrong if you were to actually believe in Satan and worship him. Ironic shitposting Satan worship is still shitposting Satan worship.

Jul 28, 2015 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
JonasDaJay said:
This gave me cancer
Jul 28, 2015 11:27 PM

Dec 2007
Jackrabb1t said:
Satanists are stupid.

The only historical reference to Satan is the Christian Bible, which makes it clear that he's the bad guy, and that he and his followers are destined to burn in hell.

So why are they in Detroit? Shouldn't they be in Death Valley acclimatizing or something?
Correction. Satan, or more specifically, ha-Satan (pronounced hah sahtahn) first appeared in the Jewish bible. He appears in half a dozen sub-books that comprise Numbers and Deuteronomy in the Torah (Old Testament for Christians), as well as several psalms.

The word is usually roughly translated as "the adversary." The term satan is actually used to describe numerous characters, including humans. This is the case even in the bible. The character as a specific individual didn't come to play that heavily until Christianity, which merged multiple characters that may or may not have been the same individual into the singular entity we now know. However, the concept still predates that religion.

Technically, Baphomet, the subject of the statue, could be considered a satan, but is not the Satan.
Jul 29, 2015 7:16 AM

Jun 2008
icirate said:
traed said:

I don't think that's true. Some people are simply doubtful but others that don't believe also think that God is evil.

If you truly believe God is evil then you ain't an atheist because it seems you think God actually exist.
This makes no sense.
You are confusing atheist teasing religious folks on the crazy shit their supposed good God does as a sign of them having an opinion of him being evil but is not that. They are just teasing religious people when they do it to show how absurd the whole thing is, not because they think he actually exist and his evil.

Narmy said:
JustALEX said:

Damn! Seriously MAL? Christians or whoever have a voice to defend their religion if they like to reply. Are you turning all authoritarian nanny state on us?
MonadJul 29, 2015 7:24 AM
Jul 29, 2015 7:23 AM

Jun 2008
icirate said:

This thread is about Satanists, not atheists? I'm not making atheists look bad. Read what I wrote again for yourself.
icirate said:

Satanists reject God. Some atheists reject God, and in that subset of atheists are most Satanists. I'm not saying that atheists are a subset of Satanists; I'm saying that most Satanists are a subset of atheists. Satanists are those that actively and openly reject God to the point of literally pledging allegiance to Satan. You'd have to have very strong faith that the Bible was completely wrong if you were to actually believe in Satan and worship him. Ironic shitposting Satan worship is still shitposting Satan worship.

You are killing my brains cells with this stupid staff. Seriously they bother reject God therefore they are the same?
First Atheist do not reject God. They simply to not find any logical meaning in believing in a God. Atheist to not believe in Satan ether.
Christians reject Satan, Atheist reject Satan therefore they are the same according to your logic.
I also do not think Vampires are real or flying unicorns. Does that mean i reject vampires?
How can they be rejecting something they see as not even existent.
Satanist on the other hand truly believe God exist but they choose to go for the other guy playing his opponent. Maybe because they think God is evil and Satan is actually the good guy, maybe because they like feeling evil or whatever, who knows.
Jul 29, 2015 7:55 AM

Feb 2015
Monad said:
icirate said:
Ironic shitposting Satan worship is still shitposting Satan worship.

You are killing my brains cells with this stupid staff. Seriously they bother reject God therefore they are the same?
First Atheist do not reject God. They simply to not find any logical meaning in believing in a God. Atheist to not believe in Satan ether.
Christians reject Satan, Atheist reject Satan therefore they are the same according to your logic.
I also do not think Vampires are real or flying unicorns. Does that mean i reject vampires?
How can they be rejecting something they see as not even existent.

Like all sane people, I think Professor Umbridge is a terrible person, but I don't think she exists. That's what I mean by rejection that's independent of belief. Does that analogy help to make sense of where I'm coming from?

Monad said:
Satanist on the other hand truly believe God exist but they choose to go for the other guy playing his opponent. Maybe because they think God is evil and Satan is actually the good guy, maybe because they like feeling evil or whatever, who knows.

I'll answer that by quoting someone else from this thread:
traed said:

Jul 29, 2015 1:12 PM

Jun 2011
I'm an agnostic but I do reject the Christian god..... that guy is a dick (though of course that's only hypothetical and I don't believe in him, I just can't understand how others can't see how fucked up he would be if he was real)

Edit: though if I believed in him I'd follow because hell doesn't sound pleasant lol
KillaclownJul 29, 2015 1:21 PM
Jul 29, 2015 2:01 PM

Mar 2011
JustALEX said:
Maybe god/aliens are real....but I want empirical evidence.
This was fun to read and not because anything was wrong with what you said. At one time people pursued to prove such an existence by empirical means, and your post reminded me of that. Though the creator of the opposite approach to truths was said to have found that evidence..

On Topic: Poetic you have to travel to the hell-hole known as Detroit to view the statue, fitting really.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Jul 29, 2015 6:32 PM

Jan 2014
Lol. Now all we need is a group to form a religion based on Nazism and demand a Hitler statue. How silly can people be. Guess you got to use that free time for something.

Also, shouldn't the first step technically be to stop people from swearing on Bibles in court and just expect them to tell the truth just because? Or getting rid of that pesky "In God We Trust" on dem bills and all them references in the constitution. Those damn religious references are everywhere!
RedRoseFringJul 29, 2015 6:43 PM
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 29, 2015 6:38 PM

May 2012
Jul 29, 2015 7:07 PM

Jun 2011
RedRoseFring said:
Lol. Now all we need is a group to form a religion based on Nazism and demand a Hitler statue. How silly can people be. Guess you got to use that free time for something.

Also, shouldn't the first step technically be to stop people from swearing on Bibles in court and just expect them to tell the truth just because? Or getting rid of that pesky "In God We Trust" on dem bills and all them references in the constitution. Those damn religious references are everywhere!
obviously you know nothing about satanism so I'll ignore the first part.

Yeah I agree but how are they going to succeed there? Already the 10 Commandments statue is being fought for which is why I love this shit it shows more Christian hypocrisy..... probably won't accomplish anything buy hopefully someone realizes something about the wrongness of the Christian hold on America and their downright disrespect of other religions and the law.
Though already it's succeeding in ppl actually learning something about satanism so that's good 4 them I guess
Jul 29, 2015 7:35 PM

Feb 2015
Killaclown said:
Already the 10 Commandments statue is being fought for which is why I love this shit it shows more Christian hypocrisy..... probably won't accomplish anything buy hopefully someone realizes something about the wrongness of the Christian hold on America and their downright disrespect of other religions and the law.

How are Christians being hypocritical in wanting a statue of the 10 commandments on public display?

Jul 29, 2015 7:38 PM

Jan 2014
Killaclown said:
RedRoseFring said:

obviously you know nothing about satanism so I'll ignore the first part.

Yeah I agree but how are they going to succeed there? Already the 10 Commandments statue is being fought for which is why I love this shit it shows more Christian hypocrisy..... probably won't accomplish anything buy hopefully someone realizes something about the wrongness of the Christian hold on America and their downright disrespect of other religions and the law.
Though already it's succeeding in ppl actually learning something about satanism so that's good 4 them I guess

Are you really going to pull that card after all the explanations given above? Really?
And still, it's just a bunch of silly folk with too much time on their hands. The real hypocrisy is causing trouble over that instead of going over the more relevant references on money and national literature.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 29, 2015 7:45 PM

Jun 2011
^I don't know what you read :p
And that's not hypocrisy.... maybe dumb but not hypocrisy, I like the statue personally though lol (just mythology to me).
icirate said:
Killaclown said:
Already the 10 Commandments statue is being fought for which is why I love this shit it shows more Christian hypocrisy..... probably won't accomplish anything buy hopefully someone realizes something about the wrongness of the Christian hold on America and their downright disrespect of other religions and the law.

How are Christians being hypocritical in wanting a statue of the 10 commandments on public display?
because they wouldn't be happy if this statue was in that public space and would try to get it taken down right? Wait you don't even need to answer they already are trying to take this one down and I haven't heard it being in an area that's not suppose to have religious statues so it's even worse than just being a hypocrite
Jul 29, 2015 8:13 PM

Feb 2015
Killaclown said:
icirate said:
because they wouldn't be happy if this statue was in that public space and would try to get it taken down right? Wait you don't even need to answer they already are trying to take this one down and I haven't heard it being in an area that's not suppose to have religious statues so it's even worse than just being a hypocrite

That's not hypocrisy though. They want something in public spaces that they think is good and don't want something around that they think is bad. There's nothing in Christian values that demands equality of statues. In fact, the second commandment itself explicitly demands that statues like the Satanic one we're discussing should not be made.

Jul 29, 2015 8:21 PM

Jun 2011
icirate said:
Killaclown said:

That's not hypocrisy though. They want something in public spaces that they think is good and don't want something around that they think is bad. There's nothing in Christian values that demands equality of statues. In fact, the second commandment itself explicitly demands that statues like the Satanic one we're discussing should not be made.
the hypocrisy is the fact that they think they have the right to display their statues wherever the fuck they please yet another religion cant even have theirs openly visible lIke this (not on government land AFAIK) .... even if it was just some other religious statue like Buddha on government land they would be all uppity
Jul 29, 2015 8:27 PM

Feb 2015
Killaclown said:
icirate said:

the hypocrisy is the fact that they think they have the right to display their statues wherever the fuck they please yet another religion cant even have theirs openly visible like this (not on government land AFAIK) .... even if it was just some other religious statue like Buddha on government land they would be all uppity

That's not hypocrisy. That's just what their values are. It might not be in line with secular American values, but it's not hypocrisy. Christians should be condemning of idol worship. If they weren't (or if they insisted on making statues of Jesus everywhere) that would be hypocritical.

Jul 29, 2015 8:27 PM

Aug 2007
icirate said:
In fact, the second commandment itself explicitly demands that statues like the Satanic one we're discussing should not be made.

Well that's a new one.
Jul 29, 2015 8:33 PM

Jun 2011
icirate said:
That's not hypocrisy. That's just what their values are. It might not be in line with secular American values, but it's not hypocrisy. Christians should be condemning of idol worship. If they weren't (or if they insisted on making statues of Jesus everywhere) that would be hypocritical.
just because it's their values doesn't make it magically not hypocritical, they are unapologetically breaking the law and condemning others for doing something similar (except not as bad since it's not breaking the law)
Edit:basically their attitude of "its ok when we do it, but you cant"
KillaclownJul 29, 2015 8:41 PM
Jul 29, 2015 8:41 PM

Feb 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
icirate said:
In fact, the second commandment itself explicitly demands that statues like the Satanic one we're discussing should not be made.

Well that's a new one.

EXODUS 20

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Killaclown said:
just because it's their values doesn't make it magically not hypocritical, they are unapologetically breaking the law and condemning others for doing something similar (except not as bad since it's not breaking the law)
What law are they breaking and how is it hypocritical when one of these things is clearly not a problem according to their faith and the other is explicitly condemned by it? Having a copy of the ten commandments on display isn't even remotely the same as making a statue that's designed to be worshipped; there's no hypocrisy or double standard in wanting one on display and not the other.

Jul 29, 2015 8:45 PM

Jan 2015
Narmy said:
JustALEX said:

no, its cool
We hav rights too u know, we are not animals (even animals hav rights)
I really hate Dawkinism smh
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jul 29, 2015 8:52 PM

Jun 2011
icirate said:
What law are they breaking and how is it hypocritical when one of these things is clearly not a problem according to their faith and the other is explicitly condemned by it? Having a copy of the ten commandments on display isn't even remotely the same as making a statue that's designed to be worshipped; there's no hypocrisy or double standard in wanting one on display and not the other.
you aren't suppose to have religious items like the commandments thing on government land sheesh I've said this like 5 times..... it's against the law! For the 6th time (guessing lol)
it's perfectly fine if they don't want the statue up (which I'm not sure if ppl are suppose to worship or not) it's when you start trying to force others not to do something you do is when it gets hypocritical, regardless of their beliefs when you try to force someone not to do something you do that is hypocrisy..... they may feel it's the right thing to do based on their religion but that doesn't change the fact that it is indeed hypocrisy
Jul 29, 2015 9:05 PM

Feb 2015
Killaclown said:
regardless of their beliefs when you try to force someone not to do something you do that is hypocrisy..... they may feel it's the right thing to do based on their religion but that doesn't change the fact that it is indeed hypocrisy

It's not hypocrisy then. They're two different things. A statue is not the same as a list aside from that they can both be classified under the broad category of 'religious item'. It's not one law for us and another for them. It's Christians wanting their values cemented in law and Secularists wanting the law to stamp out Christian values from the public sphere.

And it's not against the law - it's being debated over. It's not like Christians are sneaking it into government buildings. It's already there and has been for a long while.

Jul 29, 2015 9:16 PM

Jun 2011
icirate said:
Killaclown said:
regardless of their beliefs when you try to force someone not to do something you do that is hypocrisy..... they may feel it's the right thing to do based on their religion but that doesn't change the fact that it is indeed hypocrisy

It's not hypocrisy then. They're two different things. A statue is not the same as a list aside from that they can both be classified under the broad category of 'religious item'. It's not one law for us and another for them. It's Christians wanting their values cemented in law and Secularists wanting the law to stamp out Christian values from the public sphere.
And it's not against the law - it's being debated over. It's not like Christians are sneaking it into government buildings. It's already there and has been for a long while.
they are both religious symbols so yes it is hypocrisy, and being allowed to stay there is against the 1st ammendment, the government is not suppose to favor one religion over the other...... you know like only allowing Christian symbols on government land

All you are proving is that their faith is hypocritical, what right do they have to try and stop someone from putting up a religious symbol when they themselves are doing the same (and worst due to location).
And religious symbol is not as broad as religious item ;)
But yeah I'm sure they would have been totally fine if it was a pentagram instead *sarcasm*

Are you Christian or just hate Satanists?
Jul 29, 2015 9:27 PM

Feb 2015
Killaclown said:
All you are proving is that their faith is hypocritical, what right do they have to try and stop someone from putting up a religious symbol when they themselves are doing the same (and worst due to location).
And religious symbol is not as broad as religious item ;)
But yeah I'm sure they would have been totally fine if it was a pentagram instead *sarcasm*

Are you Christian or just hate Satanists?

It's not hypocrisy. Christian ideals are just in contradiction with the secular nature of American laws. That's all. It's not hypocritical of Christians to want the law to reflect their values. It's not Christian to believe that all faiths are equal or deserve equal treatment. I don't respect other beliefs; I still respect the people that hold them (well . . I try to, I don't always succeed)!

Jul 29, 2015 9:44 PM

Jun 2011
icirate said:

It's not hypocrisy. Christian ideals are just in contradiction with the secular nature of American laws. That's all. It's not hypocritical of Christians to want the law to reflect their values. It's not Christian to believe that all faiths are equal or deserve equal treatment. I don't respect other beliefs; I still respect the people that hold them (well . . I try to, I don't always succeed)!
hypocrisy is doing something you tell others not to do (look it up if need be), like putting up your religious symbol and not letting others do the same .... for example if we lived across the street from each other and you had a virgin Mary statue(or 10 commandments) on your lawn and I had this baphuwhatever dude(or pentagram) on my lawn, it is hypocritical to get me to take mine down if you are going to keep yours ups..... regardless of your ideals or beliefs or whatever it doesn't change the definition of hypocrisy, why can't you understand stand this? I get they are doing what they think is right but it doesn't mean it's not hypocritical, it just doesn't work like that
Jul 29, 2015 10:07 PM

Feb 2015
Killaclown said:
icirate said:

hypocrisy is doing something you tell others not to do (look it up if need be), like putting up your religious symbol and not letting others do the same .... for example if we lived across the street from each other and you had a virgin Mary statue(or 10 commandments) on your

Those two things aren't the same. I think virgin Mary statues are also abominable, but that's another issue. The value in question is that worshipping idols is wrong. That's an idol. No-one is worshipping the commandments. That's why it's not hypocritical to demand different treatment between those two things.

Your premise that hypocrisy is afoot is based on the assumption that all religion is equal. That's completely wrong.

If you're going to tell me that statue of baphy wasn't designed to be worshipped, simply look at it for 5 seconds and take note of the depictions of people.

Jul 29, 2015 10:17 PM

Jun 2011
*sigh* well I'm not going to get you to understand when you don't really seem to respect other people's religion so I'm done trying to get you to even see the hypocrisy part.

Can you atleast understand why the 10 commandments is being argued to be taken down (law-wise not your personal beliefs/ideals)
Jul 29, 2015 10:24 PM

Feb 2015
Killaclown said:
*sigh* well I'm not going to get you to understand when you don't really seem to respect other people's religion so I'm done trying to get you to even see the hypocrisy part.

Can you atleast understand why the 10 commandments is being argued to be taken down (law-wise not your personal beliefs/ideals)

I know why they're being argued to be taken down and I don't think it's a big deal either way. What I'm trying to get across to you is that it's not hypocrisy for people that like those commandments being in a public place to rail against idol worship. You're misusing the word.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.