Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2015 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tuka Luna is cute!

It's also interesting to see Lelena getting more highlight this week too. Funny episode. We get some fan service with the girls. Lol, Lelena in a gas mask. Rory looked adorable though

Felt bad for some of the injured in the previous war D:
Jul 24, 2015 8:58 AM

Jun 2013
Well this was rather build up episode....they left some small scenes out, but luckily it was not that rushed up.

Bath Scene was nice. and this was Leilei's episode! Enjoyed her studying JSDF very much.
And that King spoke the Truth....True Enemy was Empire that used JDSF to wipe Allied Forces off.

So..we are heading Towards Battle of Italica...
rodacJul 31, 2015 11:57 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 24, 2015 8:59 AM

Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tuka Luna is cute!

It's also interesting to see Lelena getting more highlight this week too. Funny episode. We get some fan service with the girls. Lol, Lelena in a gas mask. Rory looked adorable though

Felt bad for some of the injured in the previous war D:

Yep..She is and True Leilei looked Awesome in that Gas Mask
JarjaxleJul 24, 2015 11:25 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 24, 2015 9:00 AM
Oct 2012
They cut out some things that the manga fans are going to be annoyed with, but in general they are keeping the pace moving and covered a lot of ground.

Added a scene with the onsen, but it wasn't overly fanservicey and they did have some good interaction between the three girls.

So a transition episode, not a lot to talk about, but it did set up the next 2 major arcs.
Jul 24, 2015 10:21 AM
Mar 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
They cut out some things that the manga fans are going to be annoyed with, but in general they are keeping the pace moving and covered a lot of ground.

Added a scene with the onsen, but it wasn't overly fanservicey and they did have some good interaction between the three girls.

So a transition episode, not a lot to talk about, but it did set up the next 2 major arcs.

Nah I didn't care for this episode in just waiting for ride of the Valkyrie.
Jul 24, 2015 10:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Glad to see that they didn't forget about the elf's flashback of how her village was destroyed because without it, her actions in this episode would have been a little confusing for some probably

Overall it was a decent episode that was used for more exposition and showing our 3 main girls being integrated into their new society etc as well as some setup for future events
Jul 24, 2015 10:37 AM

Aug 2014
Man I liked this episode I wonder what's up with Chuka, does she have a power that will revive her dead father? Hmmm.. Chuka Best Gate Girl.
Jul 24, 2015 10:41 AM

Jan 2012
Another enjoyable outing, seeing the refugees enjoy otherworldly benefits. Still liking our three main girls, poor Chuka though. :( Lookin' like a collision with the princess next week.
Jul 24, 2015 10:43 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Yanagida's conversation with Itami was pretty interesting, particularly when he said if the Special Region is worth turning half the world against them; alluding a large scale war that may occur in future. The Chinese President also appears to be concerned about the Special Region now.

Oh, Duran is alive after all. I totally thought he died at the battle. Well, good thing he figured out that the Empire is their main enemy and told the Princess to see it for herself.

Decent episode. Itami squad's encounter with Princess' crews should be something to look forward to.

Jul 24, 2015 10:45 AM

Apr 2010
It's nice to see this animated but there where some differences it looks like they are speeding up Tuka's shock.
Speaking about Tuka it's funny how the managed to get her name wrong in the translation.
In any case next week will be interesting i wonder how it will turn out.
Vindstot said:
Yanagida's conversation with Itami was pretty interesting, particularly when he said if the Special Region is worth turning half the world against them; alluding a large scale war that may occur in future. The Chinese President also appears to be concerned about the Special Region now.

Oh, Duran is alive after all. I totally thought he died at the battle. Well, good thing he figured out that the Empire is their main enemy and told the Princess to see it for herself.

Decent episode. Itami squad's encounter with Princess' crews should be something to look forward to.
Well as mentioned during last episode the special region is a treasure box.
Who knows what kind of resources they might find.
And seeing as most of our world is short on recourses it's not surprising other countries are interested.
There is also the enemies they fought till know seeing the armies they fought it's safe the presume the enemy death toll is around half a million if not more.
Without a doubt there will be questions about it even if it's kept a secret.
AversaJul 24, 2015 10:50 AM
Jul 24, 2015 10:52 AM

Dec 2012
Really enjoying this show. Other countries want to take the Gate to themselves. I can't wait how this will turn out.
Jul 24, 2015 10:54 AM

Aug 2010
My eyes are getting used to this Rory design. She's cute in her own right. And her voice brings out the sexiness :3

Political problems in the real world are starting to show up.

Duran is alive but his body got SCREWED OVER and his hair white XD

What's with HS this season changing all names for lots of series. Tuka to Chuka now <_<
Jul 24, 2015 10:58 AM

Mar 2014
This show just keeps getting better and better.
I love how they are handling the political stuff, it's indeed complex, most of us would just like to think they are there to explore the region and that everyone in the government is there in good faith but it's never that simple, the show doesn't spend too much time on it but it makes it clear it's not that straightforward and doesn't ignore it, which is a great thing.
Luna's story was shortened a bit, I think, didn't even show how the dragon got the arrow in its eye but it's fine, they might show it later but it's not really something I'm going to sulk over. Kinda weird Luna's dad just threw her down a so shallow well though, guess that's why she fainted. :P

Still hoping the military guys get a bit more focus at some point. I really like everyone in this cast, just super likeable people.
I also love to see people's reactions to the new things around them, that's an aspect I really like in these type of stories, when a more developed nation approachs a less developed one.
Jul 24, 2015 11:01 AM

Nov 2007
Not a great episode but not bad either. The conversation between Itami and the other lieutenant was actually pretty interesting. Also, if the bath scene was supposed to be a fan service then it actually did workout pretty well for something completely different. Their conversation was pretty meaningful and it showed their state of mind on joining a group of people they are not a part of. (For once we see a bath scene with no grabs so that in itself is a +1)

Next episode will be interesting since the Princess said they were heading to the same place as well. Waiting for the encounter. Despite from the opposition fraction I like her for some reason.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 24, 2015 11:07 AM

Mar 2015
Pretty laid back episode. finally got to developing Chuka.

Rory just remains to be sexy
Jul 24, 2015 11:15 AM

Apr 2012
Still don't know why I am liking this show so much...
Jul 24, 2015 11:21 AM

Jan 2013
kamijoan said:
Still don't know why I am liking this show so much...

prob cuz it has good animation and concept while it does not have forced fanservice/harem
Jul 24, 2015 11:21 AM
Jul 24, 2015 11:25 AM

Jun 2014
almost fell asleep watching this
:3
Jul 24, 2015 11:26 AM

Oct 2014
Blue Hair is learning Japanese, and politics join in.

While i really love how the events are told in ''the special world'', i fear stuff in the ''real world'' would be like ''Japan besto, Everything else bad''. I mean, what's with the Prez?
On the other hand, we get the japanese gov. having problems because of ''civilian casualties'', so....

So yeah, so far, the interaction between JSDF and the people of the special region are the Highlight of this Series imo.
Jul 24, 2015 11:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I kind of wish the VAs would not speak Japanese when the characters are supposed to be speaking the local tongue. I mean generally it's pretty obvious which it's supposed to be anyway but now when both sides are trying to learn each other's languages and they're awkwardly attempting to communicate... idk, feels like it's such a big part of this anime so they could have put in the effort of making up some random language for the other world

Meanwhile Rory still best girl btw
Jul 24, 2015 11:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The dialogues are really interesting, especially about the politics (special region's worth for the world, Emperor the real enemy). I could be wrong, but it could end up being a power stuggle between the higher-ups of both worlds.

Rory is cute. <3
Jul 24, 2015 11:31 AM

Feb 2015

Lelei is a quick study. Her curiosity is interesting to watch.

Of course an imaginary boyfriend is the 1st thing an otaku that probably has a waifu would think.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2015 11:39 AM

Mar 2014
HaXXspetten said:
I kind of wish the VAs would not speak Japanese when the characters are supposed to be speaking the local tongue. I mean generally it's pretty obvious which it's supposed to be anyway but now when both sides are trying to learn each other's languages and they're awkwardly attempting to communicate... idk, feels like it's such a big part of this anime so they could have put in the effort of making up some random language for the other world

Thing here is that, the JSDF is more likely to learn the local language to communicate than the other way around, which would make things kinda weird later, inverting the languages also wouldn't work too well since, well, the JSDF are the Japanese ones, unless they dropped the whole "let's learn their language" part and had then not understanding each other fully the whole time, which would take away from it.
I do agree that sometimes it can be kinda confusing whether they really understand each other or not but don't find it a big deal since the characters will usually give some type of sign when they aren't understanding.
Jul 24, 2015 11:46 AM

Aug 2014
With this pace will they be able to finish the story in 24 eps? Only read the manga and the manga feels to long to finish the story in only 24 eps in this pace. And how long is the LN
Jul 24, 2015 11:49 AM

Mar 2015
Rory without her hair ornaments, reminds me of Kuroneko without her hair ornaments. They look so similar~ Best girls indeed.

So papa Legolas died to save his daughter by throwing her to the well. Sad Chuka thinking papa Legolas is still alive.

Nothing much happened, although it is understandable with the 2 cours season. It seems that the princess will meet our heroes. Probably some fights and verbal disagreement along the way.

I like how the 3 main girls just randomly get together with only 3 of them without any other survivors. Especially Rory, she's like a goddess level, yet hangs out with an elf and a weird mahou shojo.

Also... of course China is evil. All countries in this anime are evil except Japan. But China is kind of reasonable... I mean they have overpopulation and they need land. Meanwhile United States in this anime be like "RESOURCES! FREEDOM!"

Also how and why the hell did Japan spend so much money to make these things? Antenna? Bath? Houses? How much budget do they have???
DarklordVorJul 24, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 24, 2015 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
This show is FASCINATING! I love all the effort they are putting into the relationships and politics and the world building. Sadly it does lead to very info-dump heavy episodes, but its all worth it in the end. I could watch hour long episodes of this and not be bored.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 24, 2015 12:06 PM

Jun 2013
the king is still alive and Other countries want to take the Gate this is gonna turn into a power struggle
Jul 24, 2015 12:06 PM
Mar 2010
Lightless_Reaper said:
Man I liked this episode I wonder what's up with Chuka, does she have a power that will revive her dead father? Hmmm.. Chuka Best Gate Girl.
that would be a spoiler do you want me to tell you.
Jul 24, 2015 12:07 PM

Mar 2014
Sweanime said:
With this pace will they be able to finish the story in 24 eps? Only read the manga and the manga feels to long to finish the story in only 24 eps in this pace. And how long is the LN
Nah, probably manage half of the story.
Jul 24, 2015 12:09 PM
Mar 2010
Sweanime said:

The LN is 10 volumes.
Jul 24, 2015 12:11 PM

Jun 2010
Finally Italica, cant wait to see the
in all its glory
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jul 24, 2015 12:11 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Paulo27 said:
HaXXspetten said:

Thing here is that, the JSDF is more likely to learn the local language to communicate than the other way around, which would make things kinda weird later, inverting the languages also wouldn't work too well since, well, the JSDF are the Japanese ones, unless they dropped the whole "let's learn their language" part and had then not understanding each other fully the whole time, which would take away from it.
I do agree that sometimes it can be kinda confusing whether they really understand each other or not but don't find it a big deal since the characters will usually give some type of sign when they aren't understanding.
There is a visual novel SRPG called The Spirit of Eternity Sword which has a similar premise where the MC and his sister get transported to a medieval fantasy world just like this. Everyone in this world speaks their own local tongue (obviously). And the creators did in fact create seemingly an entire functioning language for this world as the game is actually voiced entirely like that

Then later on when you've gotten past the first chapter (like maybe 4-5 hours into the game), the story pulls a time skip during which the MC has supposedly been able to master the local tongue completely instead of just understanding certain words. Then from that point on, the rest of the game is voiced entirely in Japanese since everyone understands each other now, even though they're all in reality speaking the language of the fantasy world

It's just an example of course but I would have liked to see something similar done here with Gate if possible
Jul 24, 2015 12:14 PM
Mar 2010
DarklordVor said:
Rory without her hair ornaments, reminds me of Kuroneko without her hair ornaments. They look so similar~ Best girls indeed.

So papa Legolas died to save his daughter by throwing her to the well. Sad Chuka thinking papa Legolas is still alive.

Nothing much happened, although it is understandable with the 2 cours season. It seems that the princess will meet our heroes. Probably some fights and verbal disagreement along the way.

I like how the 3 main girls just randomly get together with only 3 of them without any other survivors. Especially Rory, she's like a goddess level, yet hangs out with an elf and a weird mahou shojo.

Also... of course China is evil. All countries in this anime are evil except Japan. But China is kind of reasonable... I mean they have overpopulation and they need land. Meanwhile United States in this anime be like "RESOURCES! FREEDOM!"

Also how and why the hell did Japan spend so much money to make these things? Antenna? Bath? Houses? How much budget do they have???

Honestly I'm more concern with Rori's voice I always picture/thought that her would be similar to Kurumi from Date A Live.
Jul 24, 2015 12:14 PM

Mar 2013
I'm kind of confused by Rory's voice, I can't decide whether I love it or hate it!
Jul 24, 2015 12:16 PM
Apr 2015
nice episode really felt like a transition kind of episode so i'm guessing it was the build up for next weeks massive battle?
Jul 24, 2015 12:16 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sweanime said:
The LN is 10 volumes, but remember even that is an adaptation. Gate is originally a novel series (like a real novel) written almost a decade ago
Jul 24, 2015 12:27 PM
Nov 2012
Lelei is a quick study. Her curiosity is interesting to watch.

Lelei is the one to watch. The others are just sort of accepting the situation. Lelei is trying to figure things out, and she's bold enough to sneak out in JDSF gear, explore the battlefield, and find the dragon scales. She's also cautious enough to do it in protective gear. We may have a winner here.

The Empire's (former) air power.

Back in Episode 2, we saw a JSDF radar-controlled self-propelled anti-aircraft gun take out a flying dragon in seconds. Now we see the aftermath.
Jul 24, 2015 12:35 PM
Mar 2010
Bangg said:
I'm kind of confused by Rory's voice, I can't decide whether I love it or hate it!

They should have gone to the voice actress who played Kurumi from date a live well just my opinion.
Jul 24, 2015 12:43 PM
Nov 2010
Really enjoying this series I'm already hooked =)
Jul 24, 2015 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for Chuka's father who sacrificed his life to save his daughter by threw her into the well.
Jul 24, 2015 12:53 PM

Jun 2013
When picking best girl in a series is like picking a starter in a new pokemon game

Jul 24, 2015 12:59 PM

Nov 2007
Anyone else noticed @4:45 the term "Tetsu no Ichimotsu", literally which can be translated as an "Excellent or Extremely 'Agile' Animal (made) of Iron" perhaps referring to a military weapon, has been translated as "Iron Cock". WTF with that, CR? Did commie become contagious in official scripts nowadays?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 24, 2015 1:07 PM

Jan 2014
best scenes are always bath scenes 10/10

tuka2cute
diededatironcock
NakatoshiJul 24, 2015 1:11 PM
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jul 24, 2015 1:23 PM

Apr 2014
Too bad, no action in this episode...but still good.
Piña now will witness the true strength of JSDP on next episode.
It's going to be good...hope someone pick up the light novel since the manga does not seem to be releasing new chapter.
Jul 24, 2015 1:33 PM

Feb 2012
This show has so many plotholes it could empty an ocean.
I'm still interested watching, hopes something will happen soon.
Jul 24, 2015 1:34 PM

Mar 2012
hlubkoj2020 said:
Too bad, no action in this episode...but still good.
Piña now will witness the true strength of JSDP on next episode.
It's going to be good...hope someone pick up the light novel since the manga does not seem to be releasing new chapter.

That is because it is a monthly series and the translations are caught up with the manga...the latest chapter ch 47 was just released 3 weeks ago and another one will be released in a week.
Jul 24, 2015 1:34 PM
Oct 2012
shanimebib said:
Anyone else noticed @4:45 the term "Tetsu no Ichimotsu", literally which can be translated as an "Excellent or Extremely 'Agile' Animal (made) of Iron" perhaps referring to a military weapon, has been translated as "Iron Cock". WTF with that, CR? Did commie become contagious in official scripts nowadays?

No, it was a joke from the manga. In the manga it was "rod of iron", and when Piya asked what it looked like the waitress made a lewd joke about a certain male body part. Funny scene though, especially when the crowd reacted to the description of the two female JSDF soliders.

The manga is a 18+ series, they are cutting it down to 12+ here. That is why a lot of the manga fans are disappointed. Though the series still works.

Edit: should add that the characters 逸物 which were read "ichimotsu" has another rarer combination 一物 (normally read ichibutsu it can also be read ichimotsu when speaking of a certain body part). So they kept it in there, they just did a pun on the word to cover it up. Did not know that until now.
Takuan_SohoJul 24, 2015 1:40 PM
Jul 24, 2015 1:41 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty good Transition Episode, I have a good feeling the Battle/Meetup at Italica will be 2-3 episodes, but the action and emotional sequences are worth it. Also it appears Tuka is in emotional shock after losing her father, I kinda feel bad for her. XD when the Princess meets Itami is gonna be funny too.
Jul 24, 2015 1:41 PM

Mar 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
shanimebib said:

No, it was a joke from the manga. In the manga it was "rod of iron", and when Piya asked what it looked like the waitress made a lewd joke about a certain male body part. Funny scene though, especially when the crowd reacted to the description of the two female JSDF soliders.

The manga is a 18+ series, they are cutting it down to 12+ here. That is why a lot of the manga fans are disappointed. Though the series still works.
I read the first 3 episode in the manga and it kinda sucks compared to the anime with how rushed it feels and all the lack of characterization for just about anyone, and then I see manga fans complain how they didn't do the military characters justice (probably because they're developed later) when they barely showed up in the manga.
In short, ignore fans when they base themselves on a manga adaptation of a light novel and the anime is adapting the novel.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

207 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

186 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

291 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

283 by Myetx »»
Mar 30, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

436 by Rohanr »»
Mar 5, 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.