I'm totally with you if you make a new site I'll follow you asap
Jul 23, 2015 4:28 PM

Sep 2013
lovelyphantom said:

>.< I'm a little afraid to log out now.

you'll be ok if you didn't log out from this site until you die..lol
Jul 23, 2015 5:25 PM

Aug 2012
Just to clear up some misunderstanding, I'm here to inform you guys again that Xinil is in no way fully responsible for whatever is happening in MAL since he sold it to Crave ages ago. Xinil and the staff can only give suggestions and feedback to DeNa. The final decision is up to them, so stop bashing Xinil for no reason.
julyanJul 23, 2015 5:36 PM
Jul 23, 2015 5:32 PM

Mar 2010
julyan said:
Just to clear up some misunderstanding, I'm hear to inform you guys again that Xinil is in no way fully responsible for whatever is happening in MAL since he sold it to Crave ages ago. Xinil and the staff can only give suggestions and feedback to DeNa. The final decision is up to them, so stop bashing Xinil for no reason.
Xinil/staff are the ambassador(s) so yes we can bash the ambassador if they are responsible for all negotiations. And also According to to the Terms, feedback and suggestions are welcome. I don't see any issue so far with what users are saying.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 23, 2015 5:35 PM

Aug 2012
Rasco said:
julyan said:
Just to clear up some misunderstanding, I'm hear to inform you guys again that Xinil is in no way fully responsible for whatever is happening in MAL since he sold it to Crave ages ago. Xinil and the staff can only give suggestions and feedback to DeNa. The final decision is up to them, so stop bashing Xinil for no reason.
Xinil/staff are the ambassador(s) so yes we can bash the ambassador if they are responsible for all negotiations. And also According to to the Terms, feedback and suggestions are welcome. I don't see any issue so far with what users are saying.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome, but I don't see bashing him as part of that agreement. You can dislike him all you want, but keep in mind that these changes were not his decision.
Jul 23, 2015 5:38 PM

Mar 2010
julyan said:
Rasco said:

Feedback and suggestions are welcome, but I don't see bashing him as part of that agreement. You can dislike him all you want, but keep in mind that these changes were not his decision.
This "bashing" is a type of feedback, as leaders you must be able to distinguish what users intentions are. I can understand that its not 100% all his/her fault, but they carry the weight of the community on their backs so we rely on the staff/xinil to relay what we think.

controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 23, 2015 5:47 PM

Aug 2012
Rasco said:
This "bashing" is a type of feedback, as leaders you must be able to distinguish what users intentions are. I can understand that its not 100% all his/her fault, but they carry the weight of the community on their backs so we rely on the staff/xinil to relay what we think.

If that is true and I'm just reading too much into this, may I ask the rest of the guys to stop implying that this isn't the case? It'll just breed more misunderstanding and thus, your anger and "feedback" will be directed at the wrong person.

As a staff member, the only advantage we have over the rest of the community is our ability to directly talk to DeNa (sort of).
Jul 23, 2015 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
No, the staff sharing their points here is correct. You are thinking too highly of them. They are but normal members of the community that choose to help it out with outer moderation. That's all there is to it. They are outer maintainers.

They are not "champions" of the community that lead the way in various website's aspects, nor they are anything closer to the developers as anyone else. They are helpful individuals towards which you can hold respect or not, it's up to you. They get their title and place in the "staff" page for the spotlight for their work, but that's it.

They are nothing more than you are. They are the minority. The only real majority is DeNa.
Jul 23, 2015 5:52 PM

Mar 2010
mugi said:
There's no indication that we don't and people here seem to forget that the staff is part of the community and users of MAL.
There's no indication for many things. We don't know what's happening, all we can do it post in the announcement threads AFTER something happened.
julyan said:
Rasco said:

If that is true and I'm just reading too much into this, may I ask the rest of the guys to stop implying that this isn't the case? It'll just breed more misunderstanding and thus, your anger and "feedback" will be directed at the wrong person.

As a staff member, the only advantage we have over the rest of the community is our ability to directly talk to DeNa (sort of).
Some users blame DeNa and others blame xinil. I guess users just start pointing fingers at something..

Somewhat? Hmm Okay, I'll keep that in mind.

But my feels.
Jul 23, 2015 5:54 PM

Mar 2010
Subpyro said:
No, the staff sharing their points here is correct. You are thinking too highly of them. They are but normal members of the community that choose to help it out with outer moderation. That's all there is to it. They are outer maintainers.

They are not "champions" of the community that lead the way in various website's aspects, nor they are anything closer to the developers as anyone else. They are helpful individuals towards which you can hold respect or not, it's up to you. They get their title and place in the "staff" page for the spotlight for their work, but that's it.

They are nothing more than you are. They are the minority. The only real majority is DeNa.
I also mentioned xinil, who knows how much privlages he is getting. The staff already have mentioned that they can relay/talk to DeNa so all the more reason to rely on them.

But my feels.
Jul 23, 2015 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
Jicetus said:
Agafin said:
Weird that there are new users among columnists. Did Xinil select them irl?

Also what I'm wondering. They joined this month and have like one post. So he must know them irl.

It's also possible DeNA hired them.

Again, I can't claim to actually know, but we don't know to what degree Xinil has authority over the site. He was severely limited by Crave before afaik. I don't think it's unfeasible that things could be done with or without his or Kineta's approval.

Edit: Wrote before I read the comments on page four. It seems julyan confirmed my suspicions.

I personally find it annoying when the staff are blamed for things that aren't their fault.
Jul 23, 2015 6:00 PM

Mar 2013
The staff being able to directly contact the developers is inappropriate, or so I see it. Not really by the style of it, but knowing who the staff consists of.

But well, whatever. It's the losers that debate other people's work. You rely on them however you wish, I've got other things to do.
Jul 23, 2015 6:05 PM

Mar 2010
Subpyro said:
The staff being able to directly contact the developers is inappropriate, or so I see it. Not really by the style of it, but knowing who the staff consists of.

But well, whatever. It's the losers that debate other people's work. You rely on them however you wish, I've got other things to do.
Lol you don't want the staff to contact more staff from other sites? What wrong with you?? Its called a partnership for a reason, I think you should rethink your position with this point.

Lol what debate? Its feedback. We say what we think = criticism = improvements. Its even in the Terms lol. The only losers are the ones who sit and do nothing and just accept whatever is given. I think you should also rethink your position on this point as well. And what's wrong with relying on others? Its called teamwork.

But my feels.
Jul 23, 2015 6:06 PM

Mar 2013
Tell me that when one feedback given by a user of your level will take action.

You call it teamwork I call it mandatory proxy. Endless loop.
Jul 23, 2015 6:09 PM

Mar 2010
Subpyro said:
Tell me that when one feedback given by a user of your level will take action.
Lol are you calling my actions or posts are inactions? Whats wrong with you??? The reason you see my post is for the fact that I have taken action Lmao. You seem self centered I think the "level" you have set yourself is way to high in your head.

But my feels.
Jul 23, 2015 6:12 PM

Sep 2013
I won't bother myself to ask who or what is that DeNa ..but I think if he/she/they are the owner(s) of MAL..then if you want to blame someone/something then you should blame him/her/them
Jul 23, 2015 6:13 PM

Mar 2013
I'm not calling your posts anything. I couldn't care less about them.

I want you to show me how this system allows a good idea to reach the devs before an idea that was subjectively filtered by a proxy known as the staff and connections.

Try not to get overly defensive. By level I meant your access rank.
Jul 23, 2015 6:18 PM

Mar 2010
Subpyro said:
I'm not calling your posts anything. I couldn't care less about them.

I want you to show me how this system allows a good idea to reach the devs before an idea that was subjectively filtered by a proxy known as the staff and connections.

lol you should consider all posts quality. If not then your not really for the Community are you? I guess that's not your main reason for being here I would assume.

Xinil is the chief of staff, he is Guided by the staff. Staff/xinil Converse about the community. And relay back to DeNa.

Oh I didn't really understand your point. Actually even rereading it doesn't even help.

But my feels.
Jul 23, 2015 6:21 PM

Mar 2013
Well, I'm sorry, but I cannot help you in increasing your intelligence level.

At any point, Kineta is the lead of the staff. Xinil is more of a mascot and connecting bridge at this point.

Ah well. Best of luck with your discussion from here on.
Jul 23, 2015 6:25 PM

Mar 2010
Subpyro said:
Well, I'm sorry, but I cannot help you in increasing your intelligence level.

At any point, Kineta is the lead of the staff. Xinil is more of a mascot and connecting bridge at this point.

Ah well. Best of luck with your discussion from here on.
Lol I was baiting you, It seems you don't have high intelligence, But I can help you.. since I'm that Intelligent.

With this type of thinking it seems you have lost all hope, thus your a Hopeless person who keeps posting suggestions even though YOU know nothing will be heard?? LMFAO

Lol Your leaving? Well you did lose the argument so I guess its only natural.

But my feels.
Jul 23, 2015 7:24 PM

Jan 2015
As long as this site remains free and our profiles, lists and the forums are left alone, they can add tons of useless shit for all I care.
Jul 23, 2015 9:14 PM
Jul 2015
ok

โปรแกรมที่ออกแบบมาใหม่ในเครือเดียวกับของ Gclub ที่นี่ที่เดียว royal1688 online
Jul 24, 2015 12:41 AM

Oct 2014

read from right to left
Jul 24, 2015 1:10 AM
Jul 2018
HawkEye6591 said:
Jul 24, 2015 1:44 AM

Apr 2009
And the next thing we'll know, every second anime page is decorated with braindead articles by 12yo Naruto and AoT fans.
Jul 24, 2015 1:48 AM

Nov 2014
Not all of them are useless, but yeah most of them are :D

I only expect so see in a near future, an upgrade to the signatures so that we can make our signature easily and more customizable like our lists can.

Jul 24, 2015 3:54 AM

Jun 2014
TripleSRank said:
Jicetus said:
Also what I'm wondering. They joined this month and have like one post. So he must know them irl.
They've now extended the list of columnists to 8 (3 senior and 5 normal) and out of them, there is one that I know very well (GuardianEnzo) since he has/is a staff member of a somewhat popular anime-related site (Lost in America). So I guess, rather than irl selection, DeNA/Xinil/whoever it is. just picked some popular anime boggers or reviewers over the interwebs.
Jul 24, 2015 5:38 AM

Mar 2014
erengy said:
It's not as simple as that. You cannot simply write off creators and contributors; they're vital to the well-being of the community and the sustainability of the content. Suppose that most people who have ever reported multiple issues with the anime database disappeared one by one. Would MAL still be what it is after a year or so? The database is one of the major reasons people are sticking with MAL rather than switching to an alternative service, yet it's maintained by no more than a handful of people. Similarly, if the users who participate in serious discussions and post insightful comments left, the overall reputation and value of MAL would diminish. If you cut people like them off, you end up with no healthy discussion, no reliable feedback, no nothing—just numbers in your analytics and maybe an occasional pat on your back.
Of course, but that's for any other website that isn't MAL, how many comments by the community have been taken into account lately? Even things such as bug that have been fixed? We know the answer to that -- not a lot, not enough. They keep removing things people don't want remove, have any of them come back? No.
I had to go to war and back to have the episodes section on main anime pages pushed down a bit, and thinking back, I probably didn't change a thing since they needed space for the Background section anyway.
They just don't care. The whole forum could come here and say how much this new featured articles thing sucks because of how bad it'll make MAL look but they won't care either, it brings in money.
The DB? It's as a I said, it's really mostly "done", people don't come here because MAL has the correct Japanese titles for entries or because it uses a better romanization system or because it's the most consistent DB, people would probably go to AniDB for that, people have been going to AniDB for that. No, people come here for the simple and straightforward lists, which requires little from the DB itself, the common user might even think the DB has some errors but it won't affect them, who cares, the lists is what matters, I know, because that's how I was when I first care here.
Jul 24, 2015 6:30 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Agafin said:
They've now extended the list of columnists to 8 (3 senior and 5 normal) and out of them, there is one that I know very well (GuardianEnzo) since he has/is a staff member of a somewhat popular anime-related site (Lost in America).

They added one more normal Columnist. And I just checked everyone's of their profiles and this guy: hayaterocks haven't been online since Jun 17, 2014. I don't know what's going on about that, I just wanted to mention it.
Agafin said:
So I guess, rather than irl selection, DeNA/Xinil/whoever it is. just picked some popular anime boggers or reviewers over the interwebs.

If everyone is a current blogger or a past blogger then this will properly turn out more interesting later on since it looks like they are currently gathering together a crew.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 24, 2015 6:49 AM

May 2013
The interview article by Lina is kinda fun to read... but there's no place to give my feedback. Hope we could give comments in the next update.
Jul 24, 2015 6:54 AM

Oct 2014
FlameWingman21 said:
The interview article by Lina is kinda fun to read... but there's no place to give my feedback. Hope we could give comments in the next update.

you can comment on his/her profile
Jul 24, 2015 6:59 AM

May 2013
Cnon said:
FlameWingman21 said:

you can comment on his/her profile

But I just want to say about thing I find funny, not giving critics or anything.
Jul 24, 2015 7:18 AM

Oct 2014
Featured? Industry?

TBH, this is an embarrassing addition to the site.

...And these columnists. Failed Youtubers? Otaku students on summer break trying to collect pennies by writing "articles" for whatever outfit will accept said articles?

Sigh.

Well, obviously I don't have to use this feature (and I won't be, having seen it for what it is). However, it is yet another item that is cluttering up the anime pages (fortunately it's near the bottom).
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Jul 24, 2015 7:19 AM

Oct 2014
8oomer said:
Featured? Industry?

...And these columnists. Failed Youtubers? Otaku students on summer break trying to collect pennies by writing "articles" for whatever outfit will accept said articles?

Sigh.

Well, obviously I don't have to use this feature (and I won't be, having seen it for what it is). However, it is yet another item that is cluttering up the anime pages (fortunately it's near the bottom).

you can block it you know
Jul 24, 2015 7:23 AM

Mar 2014
Cnon said:
8oomer said:
Featured? Industry?

Sigh.

Can you? I'm having a hard time doing so.
Jul 24, 2015 7:29 AM

Oct 2014
Cnon said:

Without a script? How?
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Jul 24, 2015 7:29 AM

Oct 2014
Paulo27 said:
Cnon said:

Can you? I'm having a hard time doing so.

blocks the whole featured articles page so you can save yourself from spoilers
myanimelist.net##DIV[id="content"][class="news-content-block featured-content-block"]
blocks the featured articles from db pages
myanimelist.net##DIV[class="news-list"]
blocks the stream anime banner
myanimelist.net##DIV[id="banner-anime-streaming-block-banner"][class="clearfix"]
8oomer said:
Cnon said:

Without a script? How?

by using adblock
Jul 24, 2015 7:41 AM

Nov 2012
Is this a fucking joke?

http://myanimelist.net/featured/20

This "article" doesn't even say anything about why he picked those titles or how they have great art. Even fucking ANN has better standards than this dumb site.
Jul 24, 2015 8:04 AM

Jul 2010
Another thing I can remove with Adblock, I don't even know how much shit changes I've blocked from MAL by now but it's so much.
Jul 24, 2015 8:22 AM
Mar 2014
Subpyro said:

You seem to be ignoring the fact that a lot of the staff dislike these changes as much as we do--I'm not gonna name anyone, but the upset is there. Keep in mind that the entire team is made up of people first, staff members second; it is by no means a complete representation of the community, but it is a fairly accurate and democratic one.
Jul 24, 2015 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
Cnon said:
This worked, thank you.
Adguard is kinda messy blocking stuff on MAL.
Jul 24, 2015 9:20 AM

Oct 2014
Paulo27 said:
Cnon said:
This worked, thank you.
Adguard is kinda messy blocking stuff on MAL.

you're welcome
Jul 24, 2015 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
malki said:
I won't bother myself to ask who or what is that DeNa ..but I think if he/she/they are the owner(s) of MAL..then if you want to blame someone/something then you should blame him/her/them
DeNa is the people that Xinil sold out to. They're responsible for the shitty and useless changes.
Doesn't make me any less mad at Xinil though. He sold the site to them most likely knowing they'd do stupid stuff like this (and for a nice sum of money too I bet)
MAL is more like a business now rather than a community. Get used to these changes because there's gonna be more, no doubt.
Jul 24, 2015 3:17 PM

Aug 2012
Hongu said:
malki said:
DeNa is the people that Xinil sold out to. They're responsible for the shitty and useless changes.
Doesn't make me any less mad at Xinil though. He sold the site to them most likely knowing they'd do stupid stuff like this (and for a nice sum of money too I bet)
MAL is more like a business now rather than a community. Get used to these changes because there's gonna be more, no doubt.

Xinil sold the site to Crave because he can't fund a huge site all by his own anymore. Crave was the one who sold it to DeNa.
Jul 24, 2015 6:05 PM

Nov 2011
Agafin said:
TripleSRank said:
They've now extended the list of columnists to 8 (3 senior and 5 normal) and out of them, there is one that I know very well (GuardianEnzo) since he has/is a staff member of a somewhat popular anime-related site (Lost in America). So I guess, rather than irl selection, DeNA/Xinil/whoever it is. just picked some popular anime boggers or reviewers over the interwebs.

Oh, wow. That's the best news I've heard so far. I'm semi-familiar with Enzo through Random Curiosity.

I'll probably check for his stuff.
Jul 24, 2015 10:31 PM

Apr 2013
Smell of trouble tbh
Jul 25, 2015 6:42 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow I haven't been on for maybe 5 days and what happened o_o I do like Enzo though, since I often go to his site to read his thoughts and inputs on certain shows. But I don't find this feature to be a necessary addition to MAL, as most of the articles are not something I would click on. This does feel like other anime-related sites now, but I like MAL for its simplicity (mainly as a listing site with forum and some news). If I wanted to read articles, I would probably go to ANN, which I do once in awhile if I'm really bored. Well they did say they were testing waters right now, so I'm guessing there will be more variety in the articles in the future, and hopefully better ones. As of right now though, I don't think I'll be clicking on any of them. Good luck to the columnist team, although I'm wondering about the quality of the fan made section...
Jul 25, 2015 7:52 AM
Feb 2015
Oh Lord Jesus No
Or at least try to find some way to make it interesting and relevant.
There already is so much Naruto in there that it's making me cringe...
Here is how it should be done IMO:
Different "Channels" to subscribe to featuring various topics concerning different sides of the hobby/ industry. The main channels would be:
-Hobby side (Figures and stuff like that...)
-Recaps
-Weekly selection (AKA featured)
-Trivia (Condense the future 1000 Naruto articles into one section that no one will read)
-Creative Corner (Artist features, I personally would love to do these, weekly artbook and soundtrack releases...)
And then we'd have our regular News channel with the usual news team authors.
I strongly disagree with all of the users being able to submit articles. The mods should make recruitment threads for interested users to submit a basic overview of what their articles would be like. The team members for each channel would be decided through polls.
Please implement a comment section because user feedback is important to know what they want and not want to see.
Anyone else agree with this?
All anime suck, you know why? Because people don't like the same things. If everyone doesn't like it, it's shit. Sorry.
Jul 25, 2015 8:53 AM

Mar 2012
Cool stuff. Thanks for all of your hard work, MAL team.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 25, 2015 9:25 AM

Jul 2015
FlameWingman21 said:

Aww, thanks! It was a lot of fun to do.

(also you'll notice I stopped translating a lot of Akae-san's lines because they mainly consisted of "Ehhhh?? Uwaaaaa")

I'll pop into this forum once in a while, so feel free to talk to me here or via comments/PMs
RilakkuLinaJul 25, 2015 9:31 AM
君の未来を明るく照らすなんてお茶の子サイサイサイ!!!!!!!

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

208 by hawkpelt5 »»
Today, 1:49 AM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3331 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.